Wall Street is getting worried social media outrage over EA's ‘Star Wars’ game may hurt sales

archive.is/aqdc0

They're getting scared.

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20171117161149/https://nieuws.vtm.be/cultuur-media/nieuw-star-wars-spel-aangepast-na-kritiek
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Literally the only thing investors do is worry.

>(((they))) are scared
GOOD!

This. Nothing is dumber than thinking the stock market is some rational entity that judges stability in an accurate fashion. Remember the big credit rating agency meme from almost a decade ago?

(((Wall Street)))

What do billon dollar mulitnation corpations fear? Memes.

Investor here.
I don't own any shares in EA but this really isn't a big surprise, investors always panic about things, especially after the '08 disaster.

They also rub hands

Non-investor here. Do you think EA is a safe bet? I've wanted to put money on them but this is making me a bit shaky.

I've heard for decades that game companies aren't wise investments due to being too volatile.

EA executive here. Give me your money.

The safest bet you can make is treasury bonds.

They've stagnated since May and they're down about 7.15% this quarter, so it's not a good short term investment.
However, their increases before that are extreme. They've had a 505% increase since 2010. Wait until BF2 launches, my predictions are their stocks will go down a few points, that's when you should buy in. If they drop far enough they might go into a dead cat bounce, which would allow you to make decent short term returns. If you're looking for more substantial returns you'll have to wait a few years, but overall I think they're a safe bet.

You honestly sound like a Jew.

this probably won't make a dent in the company but, oh boy would it make the normalfags wake up for once

I wonder why that could be?

So, how much do you think I should put down? I'm thinking $200.

However high you're comfortable going, but personally I wouldn't invest more than $1500. They'll probably have stable increases but you don't want to put all your eggs in one basket regardless.

I just love how stupid jews are and whole thing about them having high IQ was just a myth.

Are you?

You say that like it's nothing.

Everyone might as well act like niggers, since they do opposite with money.

MEME WARFARE IS OUR WARFARE

Don't be silly, do you think one of God's Chosen would be giving goyim advice? I'm only 1/4th Jewish.

They don't push that propaganda to make money, they do it to further their agenda and to get brownie points within their various circles.
The average gamer is both apathetic and has the memory of a goldfish, they'll post on Reddit about how much they hate EA yet they'll still buy their games in several months. This is why investors usually don't care much when there's a big controversy in video games: it rarely affects sales.

It is nothing tho.

You stupid Jew! You just angered YHWH, you fucked it up and now he will unleash his anger onto this whole imageboard!

OY VEY

Copying what was said in another thread:

You have a group, looking to make money by dishonorable means. They spend a great deal of time calculating how to minimize the damage when they are caught out- via making the outrage last as short as possible.
EA focused on their meaningless changes. Wall Street focused on plants like Ketchup and other SJWs (calling in favors for police to disperse the protestors would have made them martyrs).
Compare to South Korea and the previous government. They couldn't make the outrage as short as possible- it kept going. The whole country boycotted and refused to work- costing 2 billion USD a day or something. Even if Park did stay in power until the country went bankrupt- the people would be so pissed (and starved probably) all social cohesion would have broken down and they'd have gone full French Revolution.
(((They))) are shit scared of people remembering what they do, and that they keep talking about it. Whether it be a constant stream of anger, or little reminders that shit's fucked and this is not how it's meant to be- people that are focused on problems they cause is bad. This is also why (((they))) want greater control of the internet. Even if their minds have been dulled, there are plenty that can explain to them why shit is bad and how it affects them directly.

Basically, make sure outrage never becomes "old news". EA made some changes, so the story focused on that- and the journos never explained the changes were meaningless. It then gave fanboys the means to legitimize their purchase to themselves and others.
Wallstreet made their own changes, derailing OWS and making the story about it fizzling out, and the journos never explained why it started up in the first place again.

Bear in mind pic-related came out before EA made their changes, like he predicted.

Physical gold and water filters, user.

Oy vey, rabbi. I apologize. I'll donate 0.00006 shekels to the Synagogue straight away.

Pay no attention to the poorfags, they think anything beyond $150 is a lot of money.

user, the best advice any investor will give you is, invest in what you know. Like, for instance, if you knew when they first started that Google was going to own the fucking world, you were a fool if you didnt get in on the ground floor. I on the other hand, was convinced there was no way they were dethroning Yahoo. *sob* It was a good idea, if you knew Nintendo, to put some money behind them before the Switch came out. You being a vidja insider, you should know that EA's highway jewry can't last long term. You also know their history of killing off fan favorite studios and resentment against them has reached a fever pitch in recent years.

Knowing that, do you think it's a good idea to back them now?

Dumb goy..
They've been getting away with it for years and still will. You have too much faith in normalfags.

I hate to say it but the investors are overestimating gamers, they will buy the game, they will pay the micro-transactions and they will buy the DLC.
fuck you, I'm old and remember when "gamer" had no baggage

EA have essentially tried to append a f2p gaming model to a full price, premium game.

I mean sure, that's the great video game kike dream, but I think it's a bridge too far. Even normalfags will rebel at this. This wait to play shit flies if it's a dumb phone game you know you didn't pay for anyway, but i'm not fucking paying to wait.

Granted, much like the infamous horse armor, after this it will be normalized and the next game will have a much easier time cruising through, but the first guy through the door always eats it.

The takeaway from this is that
talking with your wallet works.
Investors are questioning the effects of aggressive monetization on long term brand loyalty.

The gay pride gambit didn't work last time, why does your marketing department think LOOK LE EVIL GAMERS ARE ANTISEMITES will work out any different?

The big credit rating meme cost me my fucking jerb

user, this is not news. And it's going to work. Everyone from Plebbit who said that they're going to boycott the game are going to buy it, and spend more money on those characters. These retarded monkies have absolutely no self control, they NEED to buy this, because they can't stay out of the normalfag loop. This game will do as well, if not better, than the first. And Reddit will feel like they made a change because they downvoted a comment.

Don't pick stocks, ever. You can't outcompete flash-trading supercomputers. Invest in index funds. Anything else is a waste of time.
t. financefag

What is the general sentiment about crypto at your work?
I have been in it for years but seeing all the normalfag attention it's getting has me wondering if you guys are taking it seriously yet.

My work doesn't really intersect with crypto at all. I focus pretty much exclusively on the healthcare industry. Sorry.

remember what happened with the last asscreed, making money is not making enough money

All good, I think it still has a couple more years till people really take notice.

Why is this a bad thing? Are you so tied to the franchise you wouldn't play the same game outside of the Star Wars licenced universe

What part of "i'm a investor" did you miss when he said it? Of course he sounds like a jew, he's got money, and knows how to make it grow. It's the number one trait of a jew after "not being a NEET, dead beat, poorfag."

Not sure you can buy so little. Isn't there a min number of stocks you have to buy? And with $200, you'd be able to buy like 1 stock at it's current $111 price tag. That said, if you can do it, you should totally do it user! I always wanted to shit point with someone that owned part of the devil's soul.

Nah, put your money on Lithium mining. Demand is growing by 25% per year, but production is only increasing 4-5% per year.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, just what is going to happen as a result, no anual release and nothing else

Solid gold advice right here, literally. They need lithium to power electric cars. Electric cars are the inevitable future so it'll be like investing in BP or shell back in the 1920's.

So basically, you're going to buy EA stock anyway and you just need someone to talk you into it.

Well, man up pussy, BF2 drops tomorrow so if you're getting in you'd better do it now.

I've heard we'll have mined all the easily removed silver by 2040, and it's fucking dirt cheap right now. I unfortunately bought some in 2013 when it was $30/oz.

Walmart is also at an alltime high or so, I have some stocks in them by merit of being an employee and automatically getting some. We're trying to push for online and customer satisfaction and low prices as our main 3 goals right now, and frankly, I wouldn't recommend our online (and Amazon is leagues better anyways - they're built around it).

OSI Systems might be worth flipping and dumping in 2-3 years, apparently there's some Sorosbux going to merge it with another security firm following the Las Vegas incident

Also what's the easiest way to buy stocks? Online at a site? Through my bank? Private broker?

Is this the new E.T.? Crash when?

Holy shit, are you me. I let the YouTube economists convince me it was about to go parabolic, $300-$300/oz and bought 10 oz.

Eh, I bought it as a long term hedge anyway, so no biggie. Either it shoots up and I cash out or I have something to pass along to my kids.

***$300-$400/oz

Explain to a retard like me how stocks work? You buy some imaginary stock in the company and sell it when the stock increases? Sounds stupid to me. I have zero knowledge but I was gonna put money in Nintendo at the beginning of this year.

Do not buy EA stock.
That may have been advisable in 2007, but now that the sportsball gravy train's losing steam and their business model is becoming increasingly whale-reliant, you really shouldn't.

In dumbest of dummy terms, buy when a company is doing something likely to increase profits, sell when company is doing something likely to decrease profits. Have the wisdom to know which is which.

Also, if you buy at a price, try as best you can to sell at a higher price than you bought it for.

If you buy 2 shares of EA for $500, it costs you 2 X 500 = $1000. When you sell, hopefully the stock has gone up to $550 or $600. If the stock drops to $450 and you sell, you make 2 X $450 = $900. Or in other words, you just lost $100. If you sell at $550 you just made $100. (minus broker fees, etc.) There are websites that only charge like a couple dollars per trade tho so if you use those the fees aren't usually that much.

This shit just came up on the national news in Belgium, which is weird for a videogame to be on the news. They talked about the concept of lootboxes and the critique from the national gambling commission. Next they said EA took out lootboxes before launch, so now the idea is that the game is good to buy. EA's kikery goes this far. A huge publicity stunt before launch, appearing on the national news with their "changes" and how it is now good. The online article ends with how lootboxes may return, but they didn't say this on the news.

web.archive.org/web/20171117161149/https://nieuws.vtm.be/cultuur-media/nieuw-star-wars-spel-aangepast-na-kritiek

What nobody has mentioned is that you get a divident at the end of the year.
So its not just hoping the shares go up for when you sell them, its hoping the company turns a big profit that is shared out between all the shareholders.