3DS Homebrew Thread

"Only Game on 3DS is Pokemon for a month" edition.

The guide to modding a 3DS: 3ds.guide/
FreeShop (discontinued): freeshop.pw/
FreeShop fork: notabug.org/arc13/freeShop/releases
gbatemp.net/threads/release-arc13s-freeshop-fork-open-source-eshop-alternative.468436/
Titlekeys: 3ds.titlekeys.gq/

Homebrew Launcher: smealum.github.io/3ds/
Pastebin: pastebin.com/7JAD1x3U

Note: "Boot9Strapper and SigHax are optional. There is no benefit to using this form of hack until devs create custom firmware, which may take months."

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/uc?id=17hEIMiOl0Tz25ASxbypnleRXlZkGwsHA&export=download
drive.google.com/uc?id=1wClto5aY9-NPC2FtNHYWPWGy-H0Ry34f&export=download
3ds.guide/homebrew-launcher-(soundhax)
github.com/llakssz/CIAngel/releases
3ds-flashcard.com
switchbrew.org/index.php?title=Main_Page
3ds.guide/get-started
gbatemp.net/threads/twloader-ctr-mode-nds-app.448375/
r4i-sdhc.com/Truthe.asp
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for chartfaggotry
Please feel free to make suggestions n' whatnot

Also to the user who wanted Project x Zone removed, you'll have to be a bit more specific to justify it being removed. Anyone can say "repetitive gameplay, got boring within demo-levels"
I want something a bit more specific if possible
Would be happy to remove it if I get that though

If you fuck up a mission you have to go to the mission's start. Missions can also be extremely long so you're burning hours and hours if you fuck up or if the enemy gets lucky. It's just poorly designed.

Looking at my home menu, here's some recs:
-Ever Oasis
-Dragon Ball Fusions
-Mario Party/Superstar games if you're into rehashes of the older versions of both
-All Pokemon games, so XY/ORAS/SM/USUM, plus the VCs. Have Pokemon games in their own sections else they'd trigger people and clog up a section.
-Corpse Party
-Pushmo
-BOXBOY trilogy
-Federation Force is a decent FPS, but a terrible Metroid game
-Shantae Pirate's Curse
-Kid Icarus Uprising
-Kirby Clash Deluxe
-The 3 Mario&Luigi games, Dream Team, Paper Jam and Bowser's Inside Story
-Scribblenauts + Scribblenauts DC
-Final Fantasy Explorers (shitty MH clone at times, but I find it fun)
-All Picross games
-Mario games if you're into those.

I'd also recommend grouping up games with a lot of entries like Pokemon, Mario, Zelda, Kirby etc. Obviously, if it's truly amazing, chuck it on it's own, but it will clog up the place.

If we were only adding 10/10 games, the list would be small, so think about that before you screech about it having [game you don't like].

Why ? It has a shitty localization last I heard.

Probably outdated but here you go.

Oh, and does anyone know how to install the Preload of Ultra Sun/Moon? I found a bunch of the leaked versions, but I'd like the preload for a couple reasons.

DQ7 localisation is fine from what I remember the first time vs 3DS version, but they add a lot of accents in there for comedic effect.
8 has even more accents, but they're actually funny so I ignore them.

Isn't that only for ds ?

Remake for 3DS. It's on Freeshop if you want to try it, but the main problem is they changed the art style around and it's uglier than the original. Still fun if you haven't played the original.

if its a .cia then just use fbi

Meant where to find it. Polite sage for illiteracy on my part.

huh I had no idea that this even existed. Thanks for the heads up. Actually just checked its not on freeshop, but I'll find a .cia of it somewhere.

By preload you mean the game before its out ? or like a special version that unlocks on release date ? Because I got the links for ultra sun / Moon right here.

Looks okay, can't really comment on all of them.
It's missing pushmo/crashmo/stretchmo, and the boxboy trilogy, those are great puzzle games, albeit little too easy in the early levels.

Dementium Remastered
A-Train 3D

If it's not on Freeshop but you can see it on 3ds.titlekeys.gq, try CIAngel. It skips a lot of the pretty shit Freeshop does and has a barebones approach that lets it scrape things faster.

Thanks, never knew they existed. I loved Pushmo, so I'll try those now.

So, what has been taken away by the updates? can people still download games to their SD cards or flashcards are the only option remaining or most likely the only solution in the end?

That's Superstar Saga, not Inside Story.

I haven't messed with my 3ds for like a year, will i be able to pirate and play the new pokemon without too much issue?

Depends on your firmware, if it's pre-11.2 you should be fine.

Just look at your firmware in the system settings and then follow the guide, it's really easy, you'll have no problem.

I just picked up monster hunter stories, expected some kind of pokemon clone with a MH skin, and it actually has more depth not like it's hard and is more fun than pokemon

Wait, i've been living under a rock. Usum was leaked?

drive.google.com/uc?id=17hEIMiOl0Tz25ASxbypnleRXlZkGwsHA&export=download
drive.google.com/uc?id=1wClto5aY9-NPC2FtNHYWPWGy-H0Ry34f&export=download

No stupid ad links this way, have fun.

Any decrypted roms?

Thanks. My dumbass got banned last year for going online too early, so i'm taking caution this time.

Decrypts are on 3DSISO.com
Check pastebin in OP for an account.

Thanks man

Anyone know how to get the Pikachu with region hats in SM with PKSM? I can't seem to figure out how to change which hat they're wearing from the WonderCard Injection menu.

Isn't that the case for most SRPGs though user?

Trying to keep it to 8-10/10 games.
People justified in the last thread why the pokemon games should be kept out (and on top of this they're on every other 3DS chart anyways so its not even like its necessary on this one). You'll have to provide justification for them being brought back in.
But there's a lot of stuff here that looks like it'll be good to add, thanks user

thank you anons, will add

Is there any compelling reason to have re-releases on this chart?

If they're good and fix problems or add meaningful content, yeah

meant for

Do we really need three of them?

Honestly one of the worst and least enjoyable platformers I have ever played. Does not deserve to be on any list.

Doesn't deserve to be there

What the fuck are you doing man

I mean shit I get the 3DS' library has fuckall titles but these just should not be there
Make that image 5 times smaller and be happy with the titles you can put in it

Even if it's 7.2?

You're gonna have to provide actual justification for games being removed user.
Smaller for the sake of being small doesn't really help if it excludes good games.

Kirby games are virtually all the same, they're not groundbreaking, they're not fantastic, they're just simple sidescrollers that usually have a gimmick.
Adding three of them is honestly pointless and gives the idea that you're really reaching to fill as many spots as you can. There's just no need for them to be all there. Pick one.

Yoshi's Wooly World is repetitive, and extremely mediocre. It doesn't shine in any areas whatsoever. Halfway through the games the levels become really stale and repetitive.
Same thing as Kirby, feels like you're just adding it to fill the list, it's not a must play in any way.

Out of the Ace Attorney games, one is a remake, one is completely ruined by having to play as Layton for half the game, Dual Destiny has some of the worst writing in the series coupled with an incredibly annoying protagonist that makes even less sense than Apollo universe-wise. Haven't played the fourth one because I honestly couldn't stand playing a follow up to the shit that was Dual Destinies, but I doubt it's any better.

Professor Layton has around what, 15 games spanning the DS and the 3DS lifespan? They're all the same. I played the first one and then played Azran Legacy. There's no innovation whatsoever, it's just the same product repackaged for a different consoles.
Extremely far from being a must play.

That's what I got honestly.

Also Codename Steam shouldn't be on that list by virtue of being another incredibly mediocre game that received Nintendo's support exclusively because there was a drought of 3DS titles.

What I'm basically trying to say is that these lists should be things you have to buy a console for, the absolute best of the best on that console. Mixing the few good titles the 3DS has together with these many very mediocre ones honestly just makes the list less believable and will make people less likely to listen to it.

Just my two cents. I see there's a list at with which I agree more with so it's not like it matters.

user have you actually took the time to read that chart?
There are over 350 games on that thing.

Just wait for it to go up on Freeshop. I don't think you can get banned that way.

Nigga those are some of the best games on the system.

Where is Rhythm Heaven?

Yeah, and most of them, the ones that don't matter like DSIware and ports are relegated to the bottom because they're second class titles.

Good meme.
Athena is awful and brings down the whole game

You're a retard

Forgot to add it my bad

Tbh I hadn't noticed that the Ace Attorney, Kirby and Layton used one spot for multiple games.

I guess it does work better if they're just all lumped together, feels much less forced that way.

Except it does nothing to differentiate in terms of quality between franchise titles
For example, Awakening and Fates in Fire Emblem were both very much hot, steaming piles of shit but it includes them on the list anyways. I would've said the same for the pokemon franchise but that was successfully argued out of in the last thread of being included in the chart
Anyways here's a slightly updated version of that chart.

If you want a "le Top 5 games of all time" listicle, go back to IGN.
This is a chart for titles that you will have fun playing if you are interested in those genres. Yes, all of those Kirby games are worth playing.

Who actually follows these recommendation charts as "law"? I just use them to find games I may not have known about.

Kirbyfags are fucking delusional

(checked)
I was actually tempted to include a disclaimer at the top of the new chart to keep that in mind when reading it, but I felt it was too presumptuous/insulting.
Also the problem with recommendation charts when they get too big is that it doesn't become much different from the Wikipedia list of games

All the DS/3DS Dragon Quests have awful translations.

I hacked my 3DS for the first time a few days ago. I had an extra one sitting around after upgrading to the new3DS for the built in analog clit (helpful for monhun). Follow the guide linked in the OP. It's really quite easy.

I don't know all the shit games on the system user. I haven't played a lot of games on the 3DS. It doesn't take much effort to remove it yourself.

My vote is to ignore the bench-warming hecklers. Maybe we will see an extremely small "Elite 3DS chart for real gamers ONLY" image start circulating, but I really doubt anybody would save and repost it, because it just isn't useful. You're doing a good job making a chart that represents 8/v/'s taste.

What now? Came out a week before Pokemon.

Thanks user, I appreciate it.
And don't worry about the hecklers. I give everyone a fair shot in terms of hearing them out, but I only will take their criticisms into account for the chart if they can actually put up strong, legitimate criticism that actually justifies their change rather than just 1-2 line posts that don't even show proof that they played the game (and there will be even more required if someone actually argues with them on their points). There were a lot of reasonable anons doing just that last thread, we'll see if they emerge this thread but I'm pretty content with what we have so far.

So i got EOV and am wating for Ultra Moon.

Other than Strange Journey Redux are there ANY other games of note left for the 3DS or is this the end?

PersonaQ 2 and Dragon Quest XI are coming out soon.

So what's the latest firmware that allows for homebrew? I've been a good goy because 99% of the time i just play MH4U. Currently on 11.5.0-38U

Radiant Historia remake and that Alliance Alive or whatever.

Is there anything that lets me transfer all of my shit from an o3ds to an n3ds? Mine came in the mail today and it's hacked and all, but I kind of want to hang onto my games and save data from my o3ds, and I can't back up the save data of every game I have since some of them don't allow for it. Pls help.

Charts invite cancer imho.

Honest question, is triforce heroes worth playing as a single player?

Angry user here again, bought another SD card, it's shit and I need it replaced. My 64GB card seems to be good, but it's also not letting me install some games.

Oh, look, I bricked it again.

I'm so tired of this. Maybe my 64GB card looks as though it works properly, but doesn't in practice. Basically, every time I move files, the files cease to work. Every time I copy files, the files don't work. What the hell is going on?

I tried ordering another SD card, it's clearly garbage, so I'm going to have it replaced. I feel like I'm shooting craps. Everyone is telling me I just have bad cards, but really, the 64GB card appears to work perfectly. It seems more like Nintendo is just booty and makes it way too easy to screw up the functionality when you're moving crap around. I'm so incredibly fed up with this garbage.

Have you considered the fact that maybe you're doing it wrong because you're not the sharpest tool in the shed?

Damn, I'm sorry user. 3ds shit can be really intimidating sometimes when you just want to play some video games. I'm kind of struggling with my n3ds stuff at the moment and I'm really looking kind of dumb; I might as well have a finger and a thumb in the shape of an L on my forehead.

Checks out

I think it's fine if he goes there; the years start coming and they don't stop coming.

Eh? When did he say that?

did you follow the guide? i was able to do it perfectly and i am a retard

You know, after setting up and getting the new mario/luigi remake from the freeshop, it's not as bad as i'd thought it be, the gameplay at the very least held up in the butchering transition, and animations are smoother than any of the other 3ds ML games, a shame they didn't really try to put more effort, vid related, into the the game.

What do localizations have to do with anything? Just play the real game like everyone else.

The real question here is why the fuck should you play this over the PS1 game

Also does 3DS do PS1 emuation?

Off hand I'm not sure what changes if any were made between the PSX and 3DS versions, I'd need to look that up. If they're the exact same though, at least the 3DS version is handheld.

Things seem to be going pretty well for my n3ds so far. I just ordered a better micro sd because I kind of wanted to treat myself to more space ever since I started reaching the cap on my o3ds. Now I'm just working on finding a way to bring over all of my old user data like miis and streetpass and shit, just because that old stuff is kinda nostalgic and I don't want to ditch it all. So far it's going good and I already came to a pretty good solution by reading up on my previous question here so that's already solved, just so no Anons have to waste their time answering that question. I think a system transfer will work fine since it seems to be what everyone is doing, so, I might just go with that; I already backed up all of my emunand stuff anyways so if anything goes wrong I can just reload all of it.

I'm pretty excited to get back into playing 3ds games since the shoulder buttons on my o3ds started to give in after a good 6 or so years of use, but I think Monster Hunter didn't help out either with the constant use of L and R. I've heard it's just because the buttons get all fucked up like the DSi's would due to dust getting under them, but honestly I'm not really sure. I've always liked how homebrew communities have felt kinda like families of a sort, or, rather, communities, and just having a hacked system always kind of improves the actual console experience for me. It's comfy as hell. Shame the 3ds will probably get phased out soon, since it's been one of my favorite handhelds to own and I'm gonna kinda miss this active community once it's all over and all of the game servers have inevitably shut down sometime in the distant future, but I guess the games will always still work.

Anyways, how are things going with your hacking right now, Anons? If you've already done it, are there any cool homebrew softwares you're using at the moment for cool shit?

Tell us where you're buying these cards. Lots of fakes out there, especially on jewbay

On the bright side, the only use the online servers really have for the 3DS is FreeShop, and I'm sure the 3DS eShop will be the last thing to go.

Super tubular trips my wigwog flippin' dude, but yeah I'm mainly talking about the Monster Hunter servers and whatnot. Gonna miss playing online when those go.

Ah, never played much of the Easy Mode in MonHun myself, but yeah I guess that would be a thing.

That's true but I still just think it's fun to play online with a friend at times, or just go into a full room since it's comfy as hell.

fuck off retard

His filename says it all.

user u r right lets attack this user and use up bumps and posts in this thread to tell him to do something he'll never do because our precious virgin website is constanlty under attack by people wanting to have discussion but always using the wrong worsd and ponctuation and having the bad opinion because they come in from another websit and don't understand that only people from Holla Forums can come to Holla Forums from Holla Forums which is where Holla Forums comes from which is how we get new usrers to keep the website aliove, from Holla Forums

use a website please

you fuck off too

modpockets I don't think it was right to delete all that dude's posts for one single shitpost.

MonHun is good but 4U eclipses 3U and removes the shitty water levels. 3U shouldn't be on there, since it's not worth playing unless you have nothing else to play
Turn the RPG category into a section of subcategories, like Dungeon Crawler, Traditional (like DQ and BD), and Strategic
Add a VN category and put the Zero Escape and Ace Attorney games in there. They don't belong in the Puzzle category, especially when you could be putting real puzzle games in there like Picross, Pushmo, and BoxBoy. And hey, if you follow the rest of the chart's trend, you can put in 8 tiles for Picross, 3 for Pushmo, and 3 for BoxBoy! Don't forget to put in all the Puyo Puyo re-releases on there, wouldn't want to miss out on recommending a single one of those (especially when the worst yet in the series is the only one on the list)
I also find it funny where the "simulation" category consists solely of Life Sim games, while actual Simulation games like A-Train, Airport Hero, and Girls Mode are oddly missing (or in placeholder)
And where is Ace Combat, Moon, Culdcept, Dementium, Aero Porter, or Dragon Quest Monsters? It's almost like you don't have a 3DS or only used it to play Pokemon. The 3DS library isn't the best, but it's not that bad.

They made the game shorter. This might be a good thing for fucking casuals who don't care about JRPGs, but it's a change that misses the entire point of DQVII (to make the longest JRPG quest possible).
You know the original version is handheld too, if you have a cheaper handheld with a superior library and homebrew scene

I wouldn't bother making a chart since scalpers and normalfaggots will parasite off of it. Leave it be.

I asked in the monhun thread for which ones to include. If you want to argue those you'd have to argue there about it.
What is the difference between those and SRPGs?
Again, its not finished. The (placeholder) category should have told you that much.
Thanks for the recommendations though.

3G has a lot of monsters you can't see in 4G, and the balance is different enough that both are worth playing IMO. Just make sure you play in Japanese, since at least for 3G we know for a fact it got Easy Mode'd in the foreign versions.

They cut content? That sucks.

ok, so I'm scared.
I've had my newXL soundhax'd for a year or so, and I want to update so that I can download in sleep mode on freeshop, but I'm afraid that making the jump will break my hax, or worse.
Anyone know if I'm safe to update?

Soundhax is just an entry point. Do you have a9lh or b9s? Either way I'm pretty sure you just need the newest version of freeshop.

I just want people to not play bad games. Is this only going to make things worse?

MonHun fags are willing to commit hundreds of hours into a yearly game. Even if both 3 and 4 are recommended by fans, the fans aren't thinking about the type of idiot who gets their recommendations from charts. Anyone who starts with 3U will get bored and go back to playing MHWorld or worse.
I never said Strategic JRPG, read my post again.
And I know it's not finished. Do you need me to tell you everything that I've picked up from reading the thread for you to not try correcting me? I wouldn't be using constructive criticism if it were supposed to be finished.

They're certainly both unique and each bring something different to the table; a fan should definitely play both of them. But someone finding out about MH from a chart isn't a fan, and doesn't care about the subtle differences between the two games
Did they cut content from Windwaker HD by adding in the Swift Sail that speeds up travel time? It certainly makes the game shorter, but is that really content? Many people enjoyed the sailing segments, but many also recognize it as padding. It's hard to say who is right, but it does tread on the creators' original intentions, so IMO it's a change for the worse. The DQVII remake is like this, it gives you more hints which cuts down on wandering around, as well as making certain segments easier/shorter. There are welcome changes, but none that displace the equivalent Swift Sails in the remake. Also the art direction is worse, the spritework of the original is prettier
I recommend the original PSX version (not counting the superior translation)

they seemed to be aware of what type of audience this chart was for

Just follow the guide in the OP to update to b9s. That should get everything up to date.

Dude, did you get that 64gb card for $5 new? You need to realize how crafty the fakes are - they report that all of your files are there, but they really only have placeholders for the filenames, and will only hold like 4gb of the content - all of it just gets pushed off the deep end of it as the new stuff comes in.

t. got-ripped-off-for-buying-a-too-cheap-so-I-should-have-known-SD-card-ONCE user

No. It's only fun with friends.

Fair enough, though in that case I'd say to play 3G first anyway since 4's QoL upgrades like Item Sets can make it hard to backtrack for some.

That does sound bad then, yeah.

To be fair you shouldn't be playing (((translations))) to begin with, but I suppose that could be a factor as well.

You don't know how much that game made you wander around just to find X item and bring it to Y place, i hope this time you don't have to grind 30 hours for a job

It's been like this for awhile. Should I just turn it off anyway?

All right, wise guy. I bought a brand name SD card earlier today. We'll see what happens then.

lmao famicom.

Begrudgingly I think you may be right because your explanation would kind of make sense given that my issue is not being able to install more than a few games and the games that I seem to succeed in installing do seem to be the first ones I try to install with the exception of Moon, but it makes sense that Moon won't go since it's so big that there could just not be enough real SD card space for it in the first place. But then why does the card read on my PC as having the full amount of space?

What format is the SD card is? It used to have to be FAT32, and I think there was support for ExFAT added later on.

Take heed of 'If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is' when dealing with things chinks can jew you on. Like USB sticks and SD cards.

What are you doing?

Please fix this.

Can someone reccomend a tool for removing the plastic top screen cover on the 2ds? I ordered a replacement.

And once again, Serebii can't prepare themselves properly for new games' releases, despite their forum being full of leaks and other sources bringing all the information for them to prepare and release.

I'm on 11.3.0, how to I safely update? I have luma3ds and armloader or whatever the fuck, I set those up a while ago and never saw the use of updating FW, but I want to try online play.

downloading pokeshit now, let's see if it's fun

what am i looking at here?

3DS froze when accessing home menu (possibly corrupt theme) after power off . Black screen on 3DS boot now, even without SD card or game cart, but godmode is acessable. What do?

If all else fails you can just restore NAND backup

Was first thought, but wanted to be sure.

Full or safe?

Oh nah I got banned for six hours. I didn't think it was that bad; I just criticized the idea that user was presenting in a really god damn halfassed post. Didn't even plan on responding to him afterwards as to not derail the thread with off-topic bullshit

They were right to ban you

Not INSTANTLY new users. I just think it's important that people come in and try and learn what makes good conversation so they can contribute. I'd certainly rather have people who actually want to converse, even if they don't fit in exactly, rather than people who just kinda use kneejerk reactions for everything. It's my personal taste as I value healthy threads full of good content, but I still really appreciate memes and I think they're very important to an imageboard. I just think that shitposting shouldn't become the status quo like it has recently in a way; there's not a lot of interesting discussion and things are mostly just people jumping around and using the same points over and over to silence the opposition because they see the site as some kind of dumping grounds where they can just constantly let out bantz for fun.

Having a hivemind can be comfy but as of recently I've been trying out games that people here generally hate more often than like, just so I can formulate my own opinion on them; and not all of them have been terrible. Flawed, sure, but not horrendous. But at the same time the whole kneejerk hivemind can be fun, too; it's fun to jump on something and shit on it with a bunch of people when it actually does legit suck, but at the same time I can't help but feel it's taken a little too far. I'd also like to state that I think the less popular boards could certainly use more users; while Holla Forums and Holla Forums tend to embrace the hivemind a lot more, other boards are a bit more free and I certainly wouldn't mind more people coming to use those.

polite sage because this really isn't the thread for this shit

How can I run Heart Gold or Soul Silver without using a r4 on 3ds ?

physical cartridge or supercard :^)

I have 3ds with version 9.2 what can i do with it?

You have an insanely easy way to get cfw, get a 64gb or higher sd card and do this process, donwload freeshop, then enjoy all of your free games pal!
3ds.guide/homebrew-launcher-(soundhax)

You can do much more with it though, check the pastebin for more stuff you can do after getting cfw.

Types and abilities clearly do not match the pokes. There also were a Fire Goomy with Blaze and Solar Power, which could be nice, and a Grass/Poison Sliggoo with Overgrow and Chlorophyll, which Goodrafag would clearly enjoy.

My Vanillite is overgrowing.

where the pokemon at

It's so much better than that pile of shit, it's not even funny. Athena is basically shafted the entire game except for a breather episode.

and so no one reads this the wrong way, I hated Dual Destinies the whole way. Spirit of Justice righted several wrongs including Apollo's treatment in DD and frankly AJ as well (where Phoenix stole the spotlight in the end).

Is there a certain percentage of success for this method to work because i keep getting stuck on a yellow screen. I'm assuming that i just have to keep trying. Because there is no warning of this on the site. It only mentions a read screen.

Apollo is at his best in SoJ especially the final case.

How come the US version of Etrian Odyssey V isn't on Freeshop? I have the EUR version but it's a bit weird for the US version not to be available.

Bump

I wish I could force myself to play it, but it's just too easy. Fights don't last long enough to be fun.

Anybody got one of these or know what firmware they come with? I didn't go for the diagonal line aesthetic of the original N2DS LL, but this shit I can get behind.

That's ugly.

There is an almost impossible chance to fail this. I cfw'ed 3 3ds with mininal issues. All you have to do is follow the directions to a T, as long as you follow EVERYTHING on the guide perfectly then youre fine.

it comes with 11.5.0.38, so you need to get DSiware to actually install CFW on it.

Seems like I could also use a flashkart and do ntrboot, right?

yes, but since ntrboot started becoming more useful and more people are buying the cards, the cards used for ntrboot also became more expensive, though.

There's an Acekard that allows you to switch between both DS flashcart and NTRboot cart, but otherwise, a normal R4 that works on a 3DS will work fine.

Using a normal flashcart will render it useful only for s NTRboot entryrpoint, but there is a way to fix it that I can't quite recall.

I can still find them for the same price. The only flashcarts that cost more than ~$20-30 are the new Acekart and the scam being run by Gateway devs.

I've had an old R4i Gold lying around since before the 3DS existed. Figured I could just use that, if not just blow $3 on some trashware DSiWare game.

Needs Star Fox and Ace Combat

It's just a table mismatch, autist.

When was the last time anyone got a fresh revision from the titlekey site? I think the last one I got was r70, with what I presume is Fire Emblem Musou at the top, followed by the VC ports of Pokemon 2.

Why isn't Ultra sun/moon on freeshop yet?

It only came out three days ago, and I don't think there's been a titlekey revision released since before then. The better question is why Deep Strange Journey isn't up yet or Radiant Historia, or the SRWs

I'm on r10*, it's based on your last revision from what I can tell.

It's on CIAngel. Use that instead. If it's not and I've remembered incorrectly, go to 3ds.titlekeys.gq and click the qr code icon next to the game you want, then scan it with FBI under the remote install option.

Real questions right here.
Someone has uploaded the Japanese DLC for SJ, so that makes it even worse.

They're both probably up on 3DSISO as manual CIAs, however.
I remember when a .3ds was considered the pinnacle.

Ah, so it's not a universal numbering, fair enough.

FreeShop doesn't let you grab the DLC of games that haven't been added to the titlekey database, even if the DLC itself is in said database, hence why I can't get the DLC even for games I've ripped to CIA format myself.

I don't know what CIAngel is I only have FBI also its ironic as fuck that all these piracy apps are named after spook agencies

why isn't there monster hunter stories USA on there?

Am I good to get the euro version?

I would presume because everyone played Stories when it came out in Japanese, realized it was shit, and didn't want to spend any money on it no, seriously, there's really no defending it, it's literally Jankenpo The Video Game.

oh its that bad? that's a shame. I saw my nephew playing it and he seemed to like riding around on the velocodrome. I was gonna try the full game and see if it was worth getting for him for christmas

It's cute to look at and all, but dear god it's fucking awful if you've ever played a half-decent RPG. If it's for a very small child, maybe they'll enjoy it, but if they've played any decent amount of video games it'll lose steam pretty fast.

CIAngel allows you to download anything on the titlekey site, even DLCs. You can install directly or download as a CIA to keep on another hard drive or whatever.

Install this: github.com/llakssz/CIAngel/releases
Open it up and plug in the titlekey site then let it retrieve a databse.
Search what you want, select it and it downloads.

CIA stands for CTR Importable Archive (CTR is the codename for the 3DS, presumed to mean Citra or similar), so when someone made their own CIA installer beyond the Nintendo DevMenu, he named it FBI. I don't know if it stands for anything, but he thought it was funny.

It's on 3DSISO, but the EU version shouldn't change much, unless there's online content I'm not familiar with.

Yeah I tried it and it was pretty bad. Even for kids I can't begin to understand how the developers justified making you walk around the world map for the first three hours across constant backtracking. Oh and pun slinging abominations are never fun companions and the sooner devs learn that the better.

You might be thinking of (((localizers))), I don't recall any major pun problems in Stories.

Well he is 10, but he's also played a shitton of pokemon.

Thanks, I'm gonna give the EU version a quick tryout.

what makes (((localizers))) think they have the chops for comedy writing anyways? do any of them even have a background in comedy or making people laugh other than showing people their college degree?

Near as I can tell, they're all worthless leeches with no real skills who only got the job because Dad is friends with the HR guy at some company, and they do these rewrites to try and make the game "their own" and to feel like they matter. They're all scum, and I really wish people would stop buying localizations entirely so this filth could go out to starve on the streets where they belong.

I'd be interested to see what happens if they released optional "original translation" patches for games like MonHun, Persona, Ace Attorney, Fire Emblem etc so we could gauge by units how many people actually want localisations.

I'm sure companies would be happy to stop paying money for localisers when they just need translators.
The only benefit to localisers is they fix up jokes/wordplay/themes that don't translate well, but even then, a translator's note or some BASIC changes would fix all of those issues.

Personally I'd say to just release it in original Japanese with zero alterations whatsoever.

Those are actually the job of a translator to begin with, localization is just a neologism that uses those factors to try and justify wholesale rewriting, either out of the desire to push some agenda, be it political or religious or otherwise, or simply out of laziness/incompetence.

The vast number of people won't learn Japanese just to play latest-craze-vn-with-a-twist. Translations are much better for reaching new audiences.

For example, lots of Russian games sold really well in Spain/Portugal due to them translating them, while the English translations were largely ignored. They saw games in their native tongue that were different from everything else and dove straight in.

Fuck VNs, I'm talking about 90% of games worth playing from the last two decades. The West has pretty much abandoned making vidya with a few small exceptions here and there, and we'd only benefit from the Western side of the industry collapsing in a giant fire.

"Reaching new audiences" is what's killing Monster Hunter, and what's killed dozens of other series before it.

Nier Automata wouldn't have sold anywhere near like it did in the west if it were in moonrunes.
I get where you're coming from, but large masses of people are not going to learn a new language with a vastly different structure to English (or most any language, for that matter) to play video games. They're too retarded to even manage a game that has 3 buttons in Nip for start, continue and exit.

Is adapting the gameplay to casual audiences in both the West and Japan.
This has nothing to do with translations.

And?

And those people should pursue a hobby they actually enjoy then.

Not Japan. Not to say we don't have our fair share of cancer here because goddamn we do but they have outright said World is being built from the ground up to appeal to foreigners who hated how MonHun required effort and skill.

So question: where do you guys go to buy flashcarts?
All the ones I checked out don't really seem above board and want western union or paypal bullshit and I just want to use this prepaid visa card I have.
I mean I went through like 20 different sites and none of them will give me the option of using it.

I'm planning on using 3ds-flashcard.com when I get an EZ Flash Reform this or next month. They shipped my DS flashcard pretty quickly too.

Thanks a lot user
though it seems that the card that I bought may have been a scam because the site wont take it and the website on the back just give an error about secure connection
for fucks sake I bought this at a fucking wallmart it should work
whatever I'll try again tomorrow

storage media can fake their storage. there are programs out there that write blocks of files to them and then attempt to read, that way it can now the reals space by the fact the information put in came out corrupted when read.
I use linux so I can't help you with a program name, bu there should be something for windows as well

I did not hate dual destinies, but it was not as good as the 1st or 3rd games, and the dlc mission was the best one. The noodle mission in the 6th phoenix wright game was kinda mediocre.

How do I get a decent local friend code seed b?

in fact, what's the whole console ban situation look like? I haven't played in a year and apparently there was a massive banwave last spring?

do people still share public friend code seed b's and if they do do they get banned quickly? it seems from the reading I've been doing it might.

>The noodle mission in the 6th phoenix wright game was kinda mediocre.
Can't speak on the English version there, but I fucking loved it, though admittedly rakugo just tickles me the right way

Gon b gettin a new 3ds xl for my lil sis soon and put a bunch of free shit on there

Haven't homebrewed since the massive wave of bans. Has this issue been fixed?

Don't you only get banned if you play a pre-release game?

Well I haven't really done anything on this front for about half a year and was thinking about getting sun and moon and wanted a little bit more information because I don't want to screw up my system completely. If you have any new information I'd love to hear it. Last I even checked on it was around Soundhax was just starting up.

Seconding Dragon Ball Fusions

reccomending SMT4

also please place MHXX over MH3

also devil survivor is kusoge

I have a 9.1/9.2 3DS with 4.2 GW CFW I haven't used in a while. If I use the new CFW to go online can I still use the carts I have? Is it worth getting a N3DS for homebrew/emulation? Or is the original 3DS fine? Can my Zelda 4 swords work in CFW or do I need to play on original FW for that?

This might be obvious, but I should add I got carts before modding the 3DS. The last thing I need is people asking why I have carts with a modded 3DS.
If it's not possible to use the carts on CFW, would I be better off to just rip the saves?

N3DS can do SNES games, and is all around faster than O3DS. Otherwise O3DS is fine, just not as good. N3DS has some exclusives too and a right "stick." You can dump cartridge saves with JKSM for use with digital copies on your CFW. CIA games you can go online without worrying about getting banned. CFW can be used without an emunand now, so there are no restrictions on TWL or AGB games (DSiware and GBA VC). There's really no reason to use a cart, but you may choose to keep it as it may come in handy in the future.

Does anyone have a link to etrian odyssey v? Freeshop doesn't have it and I don't know what happened to the version I downloaded when it was leaked.

also said

I'm going to be nice as I possibly can and tell you that you're a right dumbass for thinking buying cheap SD cards was the right answer. I admit I fell for this shit once too so I can feel where you're coming from. But pls in the future; rather than going for the cheapest options, you should instead go for the ones that are the most legit. take advice from (and not just because of user's sick dubs)

I'd say 3G is better than XX, though XX is arguably the more unique of the two.

like pottery

I'm not renaming my images for you fuckers, unix timestamps are objectively superior in every way shape and form to the gay ass hash shit that 8ch switched to. Fuck you for even reminding me about how bad this fucking nonsense is, can't even save fucking comic dumps because shit's not in the right order.

Lets be real, 3u is more unique than 4u.

I truly believe that 5-10 years from now XX is going to be looked at way more fondly than it is now. Arts damn near already exist since 3/4 with switch axe and charge blade 'ults' and styles are a feature straight out of capcom vs snk

Plus, the fated four are sick as fuck and people are going to want to keep fighting them

I would not put it past the MoHu community to combine all 3 3ds titles into one big fan mod, project m style

Gen and XX are the Queen (Freddie Mercury) of MoHu

Time to go back.

No, if you're gonna be autistic about image filenames then I'm gonna be autistic about image filenames too.

The point is that you still go to cuckchan you faggot. Now shoo.

No.

People are already starting to improve their opinions of XX from how godawful World is looking, and that will only get strengthened when it actually releases. That said, all the titles have different strengths and flaws, and I'd honestly say that all three between 3G, 4G, and XX are worth playing, but if they're talking about a game that's more representative of the series as a whole, 3G or 4G are better choices than XX, because Hunting Skills and Hunting Styles are a bit too strong of a departure from the tempo of the rest of the series.

Also side note, but

Will people just fucking decide on a translation for Shitennou and stick with it already? I've given up on them ever just using the term, or translating it properly, but at least be consistent.

Just buy an ntrboot card, man. Then when you're done with it, resell it. Help your friends do theirs if you have any and if they're interested. It's not like you're buying a game and won't get back what you paid, especially if you provide a paid service to people in your area before selling it. You're buying a tool, one that is possibly in demand right now because of normalfags that have fully updated consoles and just now are hearing that you can pirate 3DS games even on their up-to-date firmware as long as you have a working ntrboot card.

Switch hacking yet? Also what are some must need switch accecories and tips? Etc

is it safe to update from 11.2 on a9lh

Yes.

The answer will always be yes no matter what please stop asking

They got the bootrom dumped but that's it. I imagine all progress can be tracked here;
switchbrew.org/index.php?title=Main_Page

I thought that was his point?

As someone who played Wind Waker only a few months ago, sailing takes fucking ages so people should really be thankful for the swift sail.
Do you not know? They literally could not make the boat go any faster because it masks loading time in the original game. They made the boat as fast as they could make it and still be able load a level in time. It's not "padding", it's a limitation, if the boat were any faster you'd reach an island before it finished loading and clip through the level or some shit. The creator explicitly mentions wanting to make the boat faster.

As someone who used to go sailing in real life, I fucking loved Wind Wakers vast ocean. It made me feel like I was back on the ocean, I could easily put myself in Links place, I could feel the large waves moving underneath me as I sailed. Nintendo did a great job at recreating that feeling, even if it was just to mask load times.

That said, I realize I am an overwhelming minority since I do not think just anybody has the opportunity to get in a boat and go out on the ocean, and so obviously very few people are able to relate to the sailing experience. For most people it probably does feel rather dull.

It was still very clever how they were able to use the ocean as a tool to mask loading screens as well as creating the illusion of a massive world. It was also a clever way of getting past Namcos patent on interactive loading screens

Damn user. Now that's fucking unusual, but interesting.
There had to be more than Wind Waker's ocean size that compelled you to like the sailing parts though?

I already mentioned little things like how the waves go much larger over the open ocean. Sometimes it's the little things like that and if you can put your self in the PCs place it really effects the experience. Maybe that's why I like open world games so much while a lot of people hate them

I bought a New 2DS XL the other night.
I fucking hate the power button on this thing. It's impossible to press

That would likely explain it - meatspace bores the shit out of me, and I can't stand open world or sandbox things.

Is an N3DS still worth getting at this point? Seems the price has barely changed the last few years.

Bumping this question.

Thats a sign that its still a strong system

I'm kinda piss there are no black friday deals on n3dsXLs

wanna upgrade my old 3ds

In an ideal world I feel like we would get a base game, a g rank game, and a XX style edition.

Though many of the main features of styles could easily come back as armor skills. Change your roll to a jump, change your sheathe function.

Arts did not debut in X/XX, they came from the first PC version. Styles fit fine, the thing that makes people say otherwise is adept and brave dodges

Just get a 2ds, just as powerful processor so you can play binding of issac and xenoblade, but about $50 cheaper. Also the sd card slot is in a lot easier to manage spot and there is no 3D.

Don't just start in the middle. Read everything carefully and go step by step.
Should be no problem. But keep in mind that there's always a low chance for a brick.

3ds.guide/get-started

Some cuck changed the password for the 3DSChaos account.

nigger stole my bag
no more 3DS

story time

G Rank is the same as the base game but with more content added on top though, and XX was just "It's totally not the G version of the game we swear really"

I'd say the N3DS and the Vita are the only current systems worth getting other than maybe a PS3.

Alright faggots, I did all the shit in the guide and I seem to have a fully hacked console. I think I'm good for 3ds games, but I have no idea about NES, SNES, DS, GBA, GBC, or original gameboy games. Recommend me some shit. So far I have:

NES

SNES

DS

GBA
GBC

Gameboy

I'm not really interested in Pokemon games. I played emerald and X, and I feel like I've got all my enjoyment out of the series.

So what's new here, fellas? Boot9Strapper still shit and optional? I haven't updated my 3DS for quite some time, should I do it?

I'd add the Wii U since you get to play Wii games as well. How is the Wii U piracy right now?

GBA:
>All Megaman Zero games if you can't get the collection on the NDS and >Castlevania Aria of Sorrow.
GBC:
DS:

You can't say you've gotten all the enjoyment you can out of pokemon until you've played PMD, that shit was top-tier and miles better than the mainline games.

Which mainline though, Mystery Dungeon or Pokemon?

Does changing the system time/date negatively affect timed events in game? I've been playing the new pokemon and an npc has been telling me to come back tomorrow for like 5 days now.

What?
PMD was a spin-off series of pokemon games.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is a crossover between Mystery Dungeon and Pokemon.

You know what I meant you shit

Though I guess you didn't. Pokemon, obviously

Any word of Black Friday deals for 3DS models? I know about the OoT 2DS, but besides that.

Fair enough, the wording was rather odd, considering.

Don't need a wiiu thread so I'll ask here. If my wii u is at version 3, do I just update to newest version and hope I can homebrew it?

GBC

GBA

DS

My nigger right here. First game I played in a long time that made me laugh.

Oh shit nevermind. (some) DS games can be run without a flash cart now.
gbatemp.net/threads/twloader-ctr-mode-nds-app.448375/
HeartGold isn't fully compatible but a donor ROM can be used for saving. Performance of the games seem to vary for now, but hopefully that gets improved.

because they're shit.

I don't know about Persona Q, but SMT4 and SMT4A are shit

I searched the thread and found no answer:

What firmware do I need for Ultra Moon? I have 9.2 on my emuNAND and I get errors when I try to start it. Is it safe to update emuNAND to whatever the latest version is?

Plx halp

Pretty sure this isn't new, in fact, pretty sure it was really old. I remember you could do the same with less demanding DS games, usually DSi titles, and that seems to be the case here as well.
I was right, this was a fucking year ago, user.

I wanted to play SMT4, I heard in previous games that is actually pretty good and it looks lewd enough for me to play it. It is ok to play it if I've never played persona or SMT and I'm only familiar with Devil Summoner?

Just abandon the emunand, it's not needed anymore if you upgrade to arm9loaderhax or boot9strap. Then you can update your system without fear.

SMT4 has a bad rep because Atlus was going through a rough patch with its co-publisher, Index Corp., which caused DLC bosses, costumes, & grind spots to be on the e-shop, along with only hiring the guys who made the Nocturne version of SMT3 along with Persona staff. Also the staff want to make sure you remember smirking, so they make Walter cast an absorbing element on the first main boss so you won't forget, and even then regular encounters can steamroll you if you're not careful. The game does get better if you cheese it because the fusion is the best it's been if you got the macca, so consider pirating the macca grindspot at least to have emergency money. Story's a bit of a mess, but the setting & music is phenomenal a STALKER set in Japan needs to be a thing.

Apocalypse fixes art & gameplay issues at the expense of retcons & turning Law/Chaos endings into joke ends.Though I haven't beaten it, I'm leaning on saying that you don't need DLC to enjoy as intended. However, if you're in SMT for theming and played previous games, you're going to be disappointed.

Well this is the first I've heard of it. With its current compatibility though it looks like you're better off just using a flash cart.

Alright goys I have firmware 11.2 with lumacfw and a9lh
What should I do before I update to the latest firmware?

Still looking for an answer to this.

i liked it personally but an user successfully argued its badness to me in the last thread. he was right but i still enjoyed it despite its flaws. i cant put it on the chart though unless someone can actually argue it being worth to have on there

Does anyone have a link to the Etrian Odyssey V DLC portraits? No, I can't use Freeshop even if it's on there, the new fork essentially broke it.

Is there any reason to switch to the fork? I've just been running the last version of the original dev's program.

It depends on the game. I know in older pokemon games it wasn't an issue but in animal crossing it can fuck shit up.

Yeah, you can download in sleep mode.

FUCK EM UP! GO FULL NATSOC

smt4 is long and grindy as fuck. im certain i had 18+hours on it and an user pointed out i had long ways to go until end game

so what is the real difference between normal moon/sun and ultra moon/ultra sun.
I heard someone said balance was among something but does that mean pokemon balance etc or items cause does normal sun and moon doesn't have dusk form dog and few other pokemon ?
wasn't there suppose to be more alolan forms?

OK, I've been using emunand to this day because there was never any need to change it.
Then some update comes out that makes it impossible to go online even though Luma should take care of that. Now that Luma isn't getting emunand compatible updates, I need to get this boot9strap thing.

So I'm checking the guide, that is supposed to be retard and fail proof, then it says the following:
"Oh shit, let's check this out."
nice guide

Anyone who did the menuhax/emunand switch to boot9strap can tell me what I actually have to do with my menuhax before starting this?

I also have no intention to transfer my emunand shit to the hacked sysnand, too much extra work and risk for nothing so important.

How do I know that some leftypol cunt made this.

Anything else, or is that about it?

Is there a difference other than size between New3DS and XL? I prefer the former so it fits in my pocket.
Is a 64GB sd enough?

Is there any news on the Ultimate GBA Injector for the 3DS? I'm close to just getting that EZ-FLASH Reform.

Alright someone lied to me on the internet and I don't like it.

Can't wait until another, better hack comes out and we'll have to do it again because everything will lose compatibility. :^)

By the way, I figured out what I had to do here , but it wasn't in the guide.
I had to install soundhax with menuhax still installed, update the HomeBrew boot.3dsx, then use soundhax to run the menuhax manager .3dsx app to uninstall menuhax before using udsploit as usual.

Well its not like you had to rehack your 3ds. Still on a9lh and not having problems.

al9h boots faster than b9s and is objectively better in every way, shape, and form. 3ds guide guy is a gigantic cocksucking faggot for deleting the al9h guide because he wanted everybody to use b9s instead.

At least it's easy to update stuff like that once it's already hacked.

How do i get my flash cart working again? It won't launch.

see
I'm currently backing up my sysnand, almost finished with the whole thing, but that was the most troublesome part of it.
At least emunand kept me on a system version that was easy to hack.

Anyone knows what exactly the “cleanup_sd_card” script does?
I have lots of stuff on the SD card unrelated to b9s, including my emunand and its saves, don't want it accidentally deleting my shit.

Just fix it. It will launch.

How old is it?
Chances are you bought a knockoff that self destructs after a year.
in which case better luck next time.

You can update your emunand, but its far easier and time consuming to just delete the whole emunand, follow the 3ds guide, and then get on boot9strap. It will save you a lot of grief in the future, and you can automatically update your cfw and such without having to actually touch your SD card.

It will show the game it uses to launch but when I go into it, I just get a black screen. Does that mean it self-destructed? What do you mean by "Just fix it"?

And they were right. I'm still on A9LH.

*crashes*

I could play the other games just fine, but not EO5. Somehow that suspend save thing corrupted my shit and I can't even uninstall or backup my save.

s-save me

How do I use Freeshop or CIAngel?
I've installed the .cia but how do I download games?
And yes, I'm this new.

I got both the eshop and online bans (002-0102 & 022-2812). What are my choices for unbanning?

Install the freeshop fork not freeshop or CIAngel. Go to your home menu and you'll have a gift, if you don't just reboot. Open the gift, the interface is simple enough..

What does the fork do that the regular doesn't besides let you download in sleep mode?

Just installed it.
It automatically updates and has some small interface improvements here and there.
It also already comes with the correct titlekeys link, so it's perfect for newbies.

Also.
I hope this doesn't get me in any trouble

Is there any way to access my old emunand and get my Rhythm Heaven save to my sysnand?
That's the only other game I didn't want to lose my save file.

I regret this. Why is it slower than a9lh was?

Doesn't godmode9 do everything?

Do you know if I can use the poke transfer and the pokebank with it ?

I want to cheat.
no need for moral advices here,I enjoy cheating with a game I already finish at 100%
Does a CIA exist that will allow me to enable cheats in my game library?
I don't want to pluck a chicken and start a satanic ritual just to have fun with Pokemon.

>not with pearl

So I installed the fork version and still, no vidya.
How do I get games?

You're looking for plugins. Look at GBAtemp, search the plugin developed mainly for the game you want to cheat, and read the instructions.

For some people I guess? Never saw a need for it myself. I was more hoping it would allow you to add DLC for games that haven't been added to FreeShop, but whose DLC have been added.

Partially updated.
Should I remove Triforce Heroes?
Also an user strongly vouched for Hyrule Warriors in the last thread. Can anyone justify it being on here?
I'll implement
's suggested changes to the RPG category and add in more games later, feel free to suggest more games or argue for a game's removal from it.

That the foreignese name for Zelda Musou? If so, it seemed alright for a Musou from what I played of it, but at launch it had crashing problems, dunno if that's been fixed or not.

This chart confuses me on many levels.

Pretty sure that means it self destructed.
I don't think there is a fix, Just be more careful when you buy a new one.
a simple way to check if you bought a bum r4i
r4i-sdhc.com/Truthe.asp

SMT IV and A were argued out of the chart in the earlier thread.
EO2U was a sketchy situation, its still able to be removed
DeSu1 was meant to be where boxboy was, that was an accident.
Action-RPGs count as Action/Adventure games. For the sake of this chart I'm considering turn-based or press-turn games to count as JRPGs but I'm gonna separate that part anyways

You could probably change it to 3U. 3G is the japanese version, 3U is the english version. For most people new to the series, suggesting the japanese version will make understanding everything much more difficult than it needs to be. If they happen to know japanese, or are already familiar with MH, 3G is likely the better choice because the localization changed some stuff and made the game less punishing by giving the player extra defense. I suggest changing it to 3U and add a note saying something like "3U's localization lowered difficulty, play 3G if you can understand Japanese".

I'm aware its the jap version, people in the monhun thread said to include that, but that's not a bad idea I suppose.

To be fair, understanding Japanese is kind of a must for video games in general.

improved

You win user
Its already implied to be /scurv/ing most of that shit because freeshop but in case people were buyfags I just wanna let them know. I'm a moderate buyfag

Yep. That is Girls Mode 2. It's the rerelease with extra content.

Could someone explain the difference to me between a9lh and b9s? Trying to look up a comparison just yields guides on how to upgrade to b9s.

What part of recommended game chart do you not get? Recommended games typically need some redeeming factor, 4/Apoc have nothing good about them.

B9S as an exploit occurs earlier in the boot sequence. It could theoretically be used for actual CFW instead of the patches we currently have, but I haven't heard of anything in that regard, so there's not much reason to upgrade if you have A9LH already.

People in the monhun thread are fucking autistic, I played the shit out of 3U and enjoyed it just fine.

The game itself is still the same game overall at least I don't think Americans have enough ability to actually change the gameplay proper, though I could be wrong just insanely easier. There's no reason to settle for the dumbed down version over the actual game, since even if you accidentally got an NA/EU 3DS, CFW circumvents the region lock.

How hard is it to transfer an A9LH system to a new system? Does anyone have an archive of how to A9LH a fresh system anymore, since the guide only does B9S now?

bump

Why would it suddenly self destruct after an update? I can pinpoint the time it stopped working around when I updated. Why would they even self destruct?

Is it possible to get Zelda 4 Swords now outside of specific download times now that 3DS modding has come this for?

Why wont Monster Hunter XX come out in NA? Why is capcom so shit? Will monster hunter world bomb and will monster 5 come out on the switch.

I'd like to know as well. My friend has it, but I got my 3ds after the download.

I hate to be that guy but I'm starting to do my homework on nodding my 3ds and I'm running one of the versions that requires a flashcart (11.4.0). My question is if I just want to run the cia files and/or apply English patches what would be the best option for my needs? The chart in the guide is pretty extensive and some options already have software installed I just want to be certain I make the right choice when I order this shot since it all seems to be coming from China and requires roughly 10+ days of transit

I'd say "because it's already so easy that they couldn't figure out any way to make it even easier" but then World looks to make XX look like Contra in comparison anyway.

Most likely, no one at home will buy it, and they probably haven't bribed the (((Western video game industry))) enough for them to make people buy it.

Hopefully on an actual handheld instead.

Just switch to B9S

I'd rather do A9LH since by most accounts it loads faster and is more stable, plus I'd rather not have to do two machines at once.

Holy shit are you nip-user? I didnt know you went on the 3ds homebrew threads too!

You underestimate the normalfags in the west dude.
As long as its popular and there is enough hype generated, people will buy the game, shit or not.
Unless if a company fucks up HARD like Bioware Montreal or EA
It happens all the damn time over here and your personal feelings wont change that fact.

I have B9S on my n3ds and A9LH on my o3ds, so far they both work fine to me.
But a problem with a9lh was that games on there would sometimes freeze in the loading screen and never turn on.
That dosent happen with B9S though, it just gives an error screen instead and tells you to reboot.
I never bothered to find out more advantages to having B9S though, except for more features for luma of course.

I'm reasonably sure there's more than one Japanese user here, so that's not exactly giving me any idea of who you think I am not that it matters anyway because only attention whore faggots care about maintaining consistent identities between threads

The West isn't home to MonHun. Even with the increased Western sales the newer titles have seen, they're still only at best selling a third of what the games sell in Japan. You're basically going to need a Western normalfag audience that is 4x the size of the current Western MonHun fanbase just to match the numbers you used to have, and again, it's going to depend on how much they pay off the people in charge of the West.

Right, and from the looks of things they're not paying off GameStop et al. enough for that to happen on the scale they'd need it to match Monster Hunter numbers, let alone top them.

Seriously? Never seen that. Is it specific games that always do that, or just different games randomly?

I agree with this user, I don't think it will bomb, Sony niggers will buy it and maybe Japs will. Despite looking so bad most of the Xbox and PS4 niggers never played monhun to tell how shit it is.

Get a .cia version of it and install it with FBI launcher.

feels /bmw/ man

I don't know user (((who))) would possibly try to sell a knock off version of a product then change it so they know you would have to buy another one in a year
(((who))) could possibly conceive of such a thing
it's actually chinks but they are just as bad as real jews

theyre called the asian jews for a reason

Other way around if anything, Jews are the white Chinks.

I got lucky and found a Pokemon Green 2DS for $30 at a pawn shop.
No box or anything, just the console.
Overall, it's in good shape with some wear here and there.

I need to get a charger for it before I do anything with it, but I was planning on selling it.
Would it be worth hacking it or would it be better to leave it as-is?
I don't know if a collector would prefer the original firmware or not.

I remember hacking an old 2DS I had and it had a lot of steps involved.
I am hoping the system being in Japanese doesn't slow me down too much.

Somebody buying it for the version wouldn't care if it was hacked or not. Somebody planning to hack it would be able to do so with little to no value added for it being prehacked.

Unless you're selling to a child or their parents Don't do this, literally anything that goes wrong with it will be your fault there is no value added for the effort.