Is good controller, or not good controller?

Is good controller, or not good controller?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Ryochan7/DS4Windows
learnnc.org/lp/editions/biomusic/6517
zowie.benq.com/en/support/mouse-rate-checker.html
overclock.net/t/1589644/usb-mouse-hard-overclocking-2000-hz
danluu.com/keyboard-latency/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is good not good controller.

I like it, but it can be a little crampt.

It's not wireless so it's probably alright.

Is post dubs, or not post dubs?

That like, some furry superhero?

not good. my hands are symmetrical, so my controller should be too.

It's shit.

Hilariously, BT is capable of less latency than USB.

Air presents less resistance than copper wire and allows for a faster transfer rate.

Idk you tell me looking to get one for christmas.

looks comfy to me

I'm genuinely confused

If I understand correctly, a mouse only has a frequency of 250hz, so it's only receiving data from your motions 250 times a second. A bluetooth sends information 1000 times a second, hence less latency. This is because a wired mouse and bluetooth work on different principles, one is electricity, the other is a type of radio(?) wave.

The default USB polling rate is 250hz, which translates to 4ms. Using mouse software, for example, you can change that. You can also "overclock" the port itself, but you run the risk of shitting up your board. USB controllers don't offer support for that, so you're going to be stuck at a nice 4ms. But if your BT radio supports 1000hz, and most of them do, you can actually get lower latency with bluetooth than wired. Now that's 3ms less at best, but still, the "wireless controllers are laggy" meme really is a meme, unless you've got a shitty gamepad.

Yes but are 100% of those 1000 signals per second actually received via bluetooth?

unless you have a brick wall or a lead plate between your mouse and the receiver, yes, yes they are.

If your radio isn't shit, your firmware isn't shit, your CPU can handle it (higher polling rate translates into more hardware interrupts), sure. Jitter is normal though, so it's probably not going to sit at an exact 1ms, instead bouncing typically bouncing rapidly between 1-1.2ms.

Disgusting.

nigga it's radiowaves

*not the

hello satan

Pretty sure he's yanking your chain m8.

I like usb because the RF frequencies are annoying to hear/feel. And, if used long enough, give headaches.

really!?
I have a whole bunch of wired stuff so I don't know.

Is this… accurate..?

And USB… doesn't? Not even USB 3.0 is capable..?

I don't really have much of a counter-argument, I don't research these things… but I can't find any sources to back up your claims here

According to the other user, yes. Your computer probably doesn't naturally supply current at 1000Hz, that's just overkill. See

If you're going for something like that then get one of these. I've been looking to get the small white and cyan one for playing emulated games on my cellphone.
I got the Motorola z2 force, the modular one. I saw today that it has its own modular controller. I might just end up using that on long trips and the BT controller at work.

I know I hear the story behind this somewhere, I just cant remember when. Something about a tranny in an emulation group doing nothing and crying harassment after being called out on it.

Nigga, is you high?

I think it depends on the depth of the thing. Unless the back looks more like a Xbox controller, i don't think it's going to give you the support needed to comfortable thumb stick usage. I can't imagine reaching across that thing from the Dpad or right thumb stick. Also is it me or does that Dpad look like shit?

I'm not a controller/console guy, but i don't think i'd buy this as anything other than cheap experiment. BTW, i got a Steam link…. as one of those cheap experiments i just mentioned, and it's basically useless in my situtation! Bu, but , but! I want to try it with party games, in a setting it was designed for. This will require wireless controllers, any recommendations?

any mouse over 50 American dollars has polling rates of at least 500

most games and software don't even work well with 1000 rate anyways.

Aren't most 1000 polling rate wireless hardware upwards of like 100 dollars to 300 dollars?

Oh, and if wireless IS really better than wired, then how come we don't see l33t CS pros using it in leagues?

Polling rate is just the time between signals, not the speed at which signals are sent. It would technically improve latency to increase polling rate in a way, but it's not the most important factor. If I send a thousand signals a second, and a program polls for signals a thousand times a second, that doesn't mean shit if it takes a year for that signal to go from point A to point B. Also, usb polling rate can be increased to a 1000hz anyways, my mouse is on a polling rate of 1000hz right now.

tl;dr is a tranny "emudev" (rachel bryk) repeatedly came to /emugen/ to attention whore about being told to fuck off and jump off a fucking bridge… And then he actually went and jumped off a fucking bridge, the mad man!

Watch this video.

I already covered this, please read the thread before posting.

4ms from a wired connection, ~1.36ms for bluetooth…

Some things to note, though…

So yeah, I guess bluetooth is kinda sorta better by about ~2ms

burger education.

I forgot the fucking picture

Beat me to it

yes.

That is sexy as fuck. Those sticks better be like vita sticks, because if so it's perfect.

it makes much more sense when worded this way, but I never knew that

Medicore build quality, overpriced as fuck, shitty customer service.

Please no. Ryochan's DS4windows fork is better in every way, and isn't bloated nagware.
github.com/Ryochan7/DS4Windows

This thread reminds me why you never ever discuss science on Holla Forums.
Fucking everyone in here except me is retarded.

That's normal. I'm guessing the program only detects if a poll sees a change. When you move your mouse slowly, there may be times where your sensor does not detect a change in position between polls, and thus there's nothing to update.

Thanks user ill check it out.

it's almost like copper provides a stable medium and bluetooth is less than an tenth the transfer rate of usb3, but hey who needs to actually learn things.

Saw some reviews on it and it seems like there isn't an over charge protector and a few scuffs on the face buttons don't seem too bad.

Do more research.

i'll just take your word for it, fuck

no

user he's a leaf. That's just how they look. Anyway, the tl;dr of the video is that the new wireless logitech mice have lower latency than wired competitors.

user, your explanation is lackluster. How does your USB BT radio not encounter the exact same issue the mouse has in regards to port Hz? Its going to get bottlenecked by frequency of the port itself.

I think you need to go back to high school before you try to tell someone they're retarded.

I just showed you a picture of my drivers, that I actually can hit 1000hz with my mouse over usb. Controllers, on the other hand, don't support this unless you're "overclocking" the port itself, which can introduce a whole host of issues, while most controller software does support increasing the bluetooth polling rate.

Holy shit, the dual analog ones are fucking sweet.

that shit looks emo as hell

usb was a mistake

I have the nes style one with analouge sticks and the sfc without. The nes style is a bit small and the sfc feels and responds extremely close to an official sfc controller. Build qualitiy has been good and the price was reasonable. Overall I am happy with them. But I may have simply gotten lucky.

It took one look for me to say no. XOne is better than that shit. Fuck the D-pad nearly falls off the fucking thing. Who the fuck would want this if they own the One controller (Which barely passes mediocre to begin with)?

You are a dumb little nigger, you know that, user?

Wave your hand through the air. Now wave your hand through a bundle of copper cables. Which has less resistance? Checkmate.

Retards.

You're retarded. A USB 3.1 connection can achieve a top speed of 10Gbps.
Bluetooth 4.0 reaches a top speed of 25Mbps.

In comparison, Firewire standards released well over 10 years ago significantly outperform Bluetooth. Firewire 800 offered around 780Mbps though to be fair Firewire is better than the shit that is USB.

This is entirely about the protocols and the ways the device can handle the data. Wireless connection is prone to noise, electrical interference and depending on the output power can be fussy if not in line of sight. Not to mention they're significantly fucking slower than wired connections.

This is some high-quality bait. Have your (you).

Are you a mutant?

Speed, when used in reference to networking, is the latency of the network.
A quick search shows the latency of USB3 is ~0.00005 seconds, where as bluetooth is ~0.1+ seconds.

USB is faster.

When I hear people say speed I think bandwidth. Latency is lag.

Until the faggot batteries die.

"Sound waves need to travel through a medium such as a solid, liquid, or gas. The sound waves move through each of these mediums by vibrating the molecules in the matter. The molecules in solids are packed very tightly. Liquids are not packed as tightly as solids. And gases are very loosely packed. The spacing of the molecules enables sound to travel much faster through a solid than a gas. Sound travels about four times faster and farther in water than it does in air. This is why whales can communicate over huge distances in the oceans. Sound waves travel about thirteen times faster in wood than air. They also travel faster on hotter days as the molecules bump into each other more often than when it is cold."

- learnnc.org/lp/editions/biomusic/6517

Looks awful just from the photo. Thumbsticks require you to position your hand in a more "claw-like" manner because you have to lift your thumb onto the thumbstick. If you don't have properly shaped "wings" to support the rest of your hand while you make this gripping posture, you get cramps.

meant for:

What about this one?

wow, this much retardation, I can't even believe anyone else corrected them already
but here comes a lesson, pay attention kids

saying bluetooth has higher frequency than usb is pointless, simply because of the fact that:
input from whatever is going to be converted on your controller to radio, to them converted again from radio on the receiver and transmited to whatever again, probably through a usb receiver or internal usb on most hardwares
so the latency for wireless stuff is not just the speed of travel but also added to the usual means of transmission

in terms of speed, both of the signals travel through magnetic waves, eletricity and radio are both magnetic waveforms
and while its true that it is faster trhough the air, wired stuff has way less interference and thus failed packets or miss transmits,

on a final note, you're a bunch of faggots

and just add even more to the discussion
even if there is a input lag of 4ms, that is literally impossible notion for a human being, literally less than a moment
precisely saying, its 4/1000 of a second if you can grasp that concept
like user said, 250hz, regular monitors run at 60hz only for comparison,
and despite what retards say, humans can't barely grasp any higher framerates than that

and this fucking kid needs to go back to school

Only good if you're playing Nioh.

NIGGA

Niggers none of your technical arguments matter because physical buttons physically bounce, producing a lot of signal noise around the time of button press - it doesn't goes from 0 to 1 in a clean rectangle wave in an instant. Bouncing can last anywhere between 5 and 50 milliseconds, it's random, but for some kinds of switches it's worse than for the others. And because actually decent firmware programming is rare these days blame the kikes that outsource programming to the cheapest pajeets out there, debouncing has to be handled by hardware - using a bypass capacitor. An individual cap is a low pass filter, it removes high frequency ripple from the signal. It also makes it lag, for obvious reasons. So just these capacitors add a solid 20-50 ms of lag on your controller. Focusing on an odd few milliseconds lost in the USB stack is pissing in the wind.

Suck start a shotgun you dumb fucking nigger.

Also when debouncing is done in software when the kikes figure they'll save more money on caps than spend on programming, they still do it by emulating a low pass filter with all the same characteristics and the same amount of lag.

If you want a controller that doesn't lag, you gonna need a custom hardware and firmware and a parallel port. With enough effort you can make it run over USB instead of RS232, but that will most definitely be laggier with the only benefit being not requiring a parallel port. Otherwise though you're shit out of luck.

Do they teach the differences between latency in Bluetooth and USB in school these days? I haven't been in close to a decade so I have no idea.

I beg to differ, but I've been using a 144hz monitor for years.

stop posting dead memes

This may surprise you, but sound is different than both electricity and radio waves, and also far slower than both.

I assumed that he meant symmetrical as in symmetrical in reference to his entire body, not his hands themselves, you autistic motherfucker.

Air has a resistance in the BILLIONS of Ohms.
Copper has reistance measured in milliohms per METER.

Unwanted feedback:As I have two of these, do not buy anything round but with the NES/Famicom designs on them (second row, #1 and #2). The L/R buttons will cut into your fucking fingers.

The SNES-styled ones are perfect though.

Technical user here

USB has a stamdard poll of 125hz, that's the default standard for reporting speed for connected devices, it's up to the manufacturer of how fast they want the device to talk to the computer, and can go as fast as 1000hz

Also it's not "Stuck at 4ms no matter what" your USB polling speed is dictated by the device attached, not the port itself, again lowest it can go is 125hz and highest is 1000hz

Some mice even if they have 1000hz polling rate will have above 4ms response time because they're shit, all Razer mice before 2015 were all 4-6ms, Logitech has had mouse response time between mouse movement and sending out the signal to the PC at ~1ms since the G9x when they started using custom built controllers for speed and not off the shelf shit

And BT while it is default 1000mhz it again is limited to the actual device of sending out quickly, the XBOX 360 wireless internals had 6ms lag and the PS3 had 7ms lag for any wireless devices, both now sit at 2ms lag today

user needs to stop talking out his ass

Also if you want to check your connected rate go here zowie.benq.com/en/support/mouse-rate-checker.html

wii u pro tbh

A controller that can only be wielded by the chosen Hero.

You are confusing the polling rate, with transmission type.

The hardware (either usb controllers or bluetooth radios) can handle a limited range of polling rates as determined by their specifications. The connecting hardware like a mouse or other bluetooth device can request a variety of polling rates.
Some gaymen mice poll at 1000hz. I believe most usb2 chipsets are limited to a 500hz polling rate, but usb3 can go higher. I'm not very familiar with any of this since I mostly don't care.

I have heard of some autists that have even overclocked usb2 ports.
overclock.net/t/1589644/usb-mouse-hard-overclocking-2000-hz

Into the trash it goes.

What's a good USB controller that doesn't have a shit D-pad? Don't even mention 8bitdo because the diagonals are shit on those. I don't want analog sticks either, just a nice D-pad with 4 or 6 front buttons and 2 top buttons (No triggers). I already have a DS4 and an Xbone pad.

Design looks good only for Mario Kart

Just get a usb SNES adapter.

Speaking of 8bitdo

how about this one?

It’s objectively the best control layout, but given that it’s a Microsoft product I can’t imagine it being a good controller.

hori fighting commander or anything with a saturn style d-pad

Why wasn’t this faggot banned?

is a good controller or not controlller???

I think he's just a grumpy goon getting triggered by animu sluts.

You're telling him to do more research, when clearly it seems you purchased this product of your own folly. user, I hate to tell you this, but people have different opinions on "build quality," and what satisfies them.

dat hand

Get an adapter or Ibuffalo.

On top of that holy shit this thread is hilarious.

but who has phone?

Has there been a serious analysis of controller latency like this one for keyboards? Seems like latency is not getting the kind of attention it deserves.

danluu.com/keyboard-latency/

tl;dr: Gaming keyboards don't have reliably better latency than non-gaming keyboards. Key latency in modern keyboards is dominated by physical key travel, cost-saving use of key matrix rather than wire-per-key, and unnecessarily inefficient debouncing.

I have used the same keyboard for the last 7 years? and I have never touched anything "gaming" related for other stuff. Besides my Zowie mouse which I got 2 years ago for 20 bucks before they went to shit, or so I was told thee other day.

you guys are all really dumb, Bluetooth has no inherent resistance in it's data transfer (radio waves transfer through air with less 'resistance' than electricity through copper) and the polling rate proves that it's faster.

t. physicist

My only regret is that after you parse the low latency Bluetooth connection, it has to go back onto super slow wires

Wired will always be superior to Wireless

I've been playing Nioh with the Xbone controller on PC. It's shit. Really really shit. Like my fucking hand is getting cramps just from holding the controller for so long shit. Whoever designed this thing didn't think ANYBODY would EVER touch the L/R bumpers.

Can't believe I wasted money on this crap I should have gotten a PS4 controller or something.

Souls games are designed for Dualshock controllers (really any will do) where you can comfortably rest your index fingers between L1/L2 and R1/R2 to quickly hit either. Meanwhile, 360/bone pads are designed around shooters/racing games where 95% of the time your fingers are going to be on the triggers, and shoulder buttons are used sparingly, just like the dpad.

I don't know why you didn't see that coming.

I remember a few anons saying the xbone controller was better than the DS3/4 so he probably just took their word for it instead of realizing that some anons are just full of shit.

It's easy to understand why anons would say that, since most of them probably had the 360 as their first or second console, and already had the pads lying around and were only familiar with that layout. That's not even touching choice-supportive bias which certainly plays a large part in what they're saying. Anyway, from a console gamer's perspective, especially one that's stuck playing shooters with a gamepay, the xbox layout is okay. From a PC gamer's perspective, there's some serious disadvantages to that layout, as that user is now discovering.