LET'S STOP KILLING GAMES

Are we gonna do anything for when The Crew dies? Server emulator? Anything? This game is at death's door, and still pretty popular, it would be a shame to see it go like the others, I would help, really I would, but I'm powerless, the most advanced thing I've ever programmed was a tower defense map editor, how about we either:

1) Somehow get Ubisoft to make plans for when the game goes down, which you can approach in different ways
1.1) Release the source code of the server software so that the community can host it somewhere
1.2) Sell it off to a company that is willing to keep it alive

2) Start reverse engineering the server software so that we can have the server being hosted by the community and still be able to play the game

This seems far fetched, I know, but look at EVE online and how it already has an emulator, even though the server is still alive (I think)

Go fuck yourself.

I actually got it for free last year

Or this year, can't remember when that Uplay giveaway was

What are you on about, EVE is nearly 15 years old and massively popular, of course it has private servers.

OK so it's not as young as I thought, still, it's no reason to not have an emulator working for lesser known games, if the company has no plans for when it goes down (and I bet Ubisoft don't, otherwise there wouldn't be a "The Crew 2")

Try telling (((them))) that user, they don't actually play games do they?

No, games like these died because they pulled the plug on them, they weren't dying, or lacked users, they were still very popular, NFS world even has a semi-working emulator now called soapbox

Games die because a sequel is already developed and you got to pull the plug for there to be demand for it. Can't sell the totally new and improved cookie cutter game when people still play the old one.

Servers cost money to keep up.

This is stupid, by this logic we should wipe off the face of the earth anything that has a second version of it coming out, like commodores, or apple IIs, the original ghostbusters etc. We should stop this practice somehow, it' REALLY detrimental to gaming

What part of "release the source code" did you not understand?

this cannot be.

You're either a really optimistic person or a retard.

There's been a surprising amount of devoted backlash to this shit. More so than usual. The problem is normalfags refuse to understand.

NO
THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY MUST DIE

I have never felt more vindicated than this year in my policy of only buying physical, offline, single-player games.

So just like any other day for the past 10 or so years?

Setting aside MMO's, even most popular games with multiplayer components have only a small diehard playerbase left after they even manage to revive it, which is already rare.
What makes you think EA or Ubisoft has any interest in letting players set up their own servers in the first place? We already know EA doesn't want that to happen.

It is though. There's a lot of effort that goes into those projects. You're just another dude who's hoping for someone else to put in the work. That's fine, the people who actually can and want to are a minority. But at least don't have unrealistic dreams of nice things happening.
You're only setting yourself up for disappointment.

Sorry Ross, but they're not going to stop killing until someone kills them.

The Jew will be killed off so (((they))) can push The Jew 2 which after a year or so will be made free as it will be a F2P game sold as a $60 title. Like pottery.

how about you stop being a faggot and starts playing gud games?

eg, its at first the publisher fault for aiming for shit design and maximazing their shekels out of the dumb audience like you
but mostly important, it the fault of the audience to keep supporting and throwing shekels at them with every shit new title, you're the ones killing off originality in support of franchises

Ross, is that you? I didn't know you posted here.
Big fan, btw.

I doubt it's him. He said he found the chans to be too chaotic in one of his vids Am I the only one who is disappointed freemans mind took off like wildfire while his better material like game dungeon has modest success

My dude i paid exactly 0 shekels for the crew

>>>Holla Forums

No I'm not, just a really devoted fan

But games are a service goys!

The reason EVE has survived this long is because it pre-dates World of Warcraft, and thus wasn't chasing the dragon like everyone else afterwards was. I'm amazed you didn't know that. Must be the newer graphics engine, the classic graphics are long gone.

user, you're not part of them. They make the decisions, not you.

what you want is for ea to go away. ea doesnt just kill games, they kill entire studios, and even a genre or two.

Ross wouldn't sound this much like a faggot and he wouldn't hide behind anonymous to tackle goals. he pretty much HAS to make freemans mind content for his fans, they're paying him after all

This is literally what the kikes do
Look up planned obsolescence. Have you been living under a rock?

You kikes sure do get triggered easily.

You gotta assassinate pic related.

-Social gamer posting from a cuckshed

And Final Fantasy XI still has servers going. Years and years after that fucking game started.

It takes hardly anything for these games to keep a server up, which is part of why there was the criticism against WoW for not just doing a classic server.

You're not making a good point with those kind of games, they're disposable because they're shallow, they're designed to be played a set amount of time and be forgotten so they can push their next game

I'm helping kill many series I once loved because I refuse to buy their shattered remains.
If you actually want vidya to improve you need to find good devs making good games and give them you money instead of the major players that pump out trash.
Put in some fucking effort instead of waiting for commercials to tell you want to buy.
Personally I recommend "Syrian Warfare", "A Hate in Time" and "Pillars of Eternity" as smaller studio gold.

I'm convinced these people will forever look the other way and say "Oh well, it's not that bad.".

This is why they need to be assassinated for the greater good.

Thats wrong, killing off games is like erasing culture, plus I never actually gave my money to ubishit, I got it for free in a giveaway, also I have tons of good games supporting good studios: path of exile, serious sam, hotline miami etc.

>>>Holla Forums

Ok then let me throw my copy game of thrones season 1 into the meat grinder because i already have season 2 and it's older than 4 years

You already threw decades of sword and sorcery related media.
Do you really think Game of Thrones is going to be remembered in a few more years?

ever triggered by lolis, arent we Holla Forums?

No, letting a series fade away is kinder than dragging around its zombie corpse.
The king quest series will never be "erased culture" because they are preserved, the same can't be said for CoD which was a great series once and is now a running joke.

I'm not saying drag it in the mud, I'm saying don't just pull the plug on a game which is online-only without making plans for when it goes down

Games like CoD and BF are actively attempting to re-write history. Black female nazi's, black female russian soldiers, etc. Children do play these games and think "this is kind of how it was in real life". Children are dumb, they don't know any better. School systems are failing. So when a game comes out explicitly titled "World War 2" you'd think it would actually have some fucking relation to the historical event of which it's named after.

Also, what you're saying is different a game can still be very alive without thousands of sequels (e.g. jazz jackrabbit, battleforge, meinkampf, hotline miami, serious sam, half-life etc.)

So just because they stopped making sequels that doesn't mean the game fades away, if it's good enough it will be remembered for years to come.

Agreed, if they aren't complete cunts they will release the dedicated server files so people can host it themselves.

We were all kids once and thought stupid vidya / movie / TV shit was realistic, just like us before the kids of tomorrow will realize it's bullshit in time.

I never said anything about killing off old games, how would that even work? I'm saying that many series I once loved (TES, Fallout, Doom, SimCity ect.) have turned to complete shit and I would rather see the series end and something else replace it than see it's name dragged though the mud.

Ending a series is not the same as ending a game's life prematurely, which is what EA has been doing with battleforge and NFS world

What I'm saying is, I'd rather see a game die out naturally (and even then, be preserved for historical reasons) than being murdered

I get your point but fail to understand why you are still playing Ubi / EA games when you know they pull this shit every fucking time. They want to removed your ability to play the game because they are about to announce something similar and want you to buy that, and you will because you keep falling for it.

Because as I've mentioned it already in and , I never actually gave my money to ubishit to get the crew in the first place, anyway, I got it from that ubisoft giveaway where they gave away blood dragon as well as rayman origins

From kikepedia:
So The Crew will be shut down in early 2018.
Does anyone have a WORKING pirate copy of The Crew or Fuel?

Pirating The Crew won't do jack shit, because the AI routines and all that shit are stored on the server so when they shut down you'll end up with a lobotomized game, which will be unplayable, unless we figure out how to emulate the server like I said in the OP

I do have a working cracked copy of Fuel if you're serious.

Fuck you for reminding me about battleforge, that fan revival thing better be good

nice dubs there user :^)

thank