ESRB confirmed corrupt as shit

I wonder how many nice dinners EA and Activision bought them to help them stamp out indie competition in any way possible. Funny how children getting addicted to loot boxes is fine by them, but suddenly they need to slap Indies with a $3,000 fee to make physical copies of their products.

Edit:
hooktube.com/watch?v=sAvgMetupnw

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

And now, indie-developers will learn why the movie-industry, the music-industry, the book-industry and the school-book-industry is a monopoly owned and run by kikes and there's not much you can do about it if you were to play their game.

No one cares about that OP, don't you know Blizzard made a facebook post about gay marriage? That's what's truly important!
end me now

go shill your channel elsewhere faggot

Go look up what companies made and fund them

Not my channel fuckstick, I'm an indie that follows a few channels and just learned about this shit. We've had to scrap our physical PS4 edition concepts for our game as a result.

Already gotchu

refresh

We've had multiple people shill that channel, if people are interested then they'll use the hooktube.

Also what game?

"Limited games is only limited due to the way I look" - Doug Bogart

I only posted that channel because it's the first place I saw doing a video on it.

Working name for the game is currently Bearbuns, we're looking to have it shipped by late Spring, we've been working on it for almost three years now.

See my response to the previous guy.

Could this be overturned? It seems very scummy, especially when half the game companies seem to just put a steam code on their game case and have you download the game through steam anyway. I've even seen the disc simply boot to steam to download online.

NO! YT IS TOO MAINSTREAM! I DON'T LIKE IT AT ALL!! STOP SHILLING MAINSTREAM SITES!!!

Just use youtube-dl you faggots.

Then next time post a fucking hooktube linnk with an image instead.
We need hooktube embed already

Also, I see no info about the game while using its name, could you provide a link so I could harass you and your team?

>>>/oven/

>>>/reddit/

Mark, it rhymes.

I don't know, with that kind of attitude I'm not sure if I want to tell you our studio name now. You seem kind of super autistic and angry over nothing.

It's not a law. The ESRB is a private ratings board, one that has a strangle hold on the industry.
The question is
How do we fuck over the ESRB?

Is it possible for us to develop our own ratings board?

Why are they forced to get these dipshit's rating then? Will stores not carry the game otherwise or some junk?

As far as I'm aware it mostly has to do with some arcane standards dating back to the 90's and retail customs. Theoretically the ESRB is more a set of guidelines than actual enforceable legal code.

So can't you just market it as a "software product for entertainment purposes only"? You don't need their blessing to eg kickstart a game and buy boxes and print CDs and mail them to people do you? It's only for retail?

Last I checked that still falls under the bounds of a retail transaction.

No, that's only if you want their rating. Right? I mean, it would be crazy if they had that kind of strangle hold on any industry.

Americans love monopolies, which is why start-ups will still pay-up their dues. In a real capitalist society there would be several ratings companies and organizations that would rate the game for its content, not some age based discrimination. And there would be multiple publishers to choose from (indiebox etc.). But nah, Americans want their gaming stores to handle the choices for them, which is why you have Xbox and PlayStation stores sell you their crap at a membership discount.

Enjoy your pig pen Burgerland!

As is explained by OP's video (which is good, because I was curious about this), the ESRB rating is NOT legally required in any way. Indie game developers are free to make and sell their games in any way they want without having to give a single shekel to the ESRB, and many do (through their own websites, or other services like DLsite.)

However, if you want to get into the "big time" and be sold in EB Games or other such retail stores, an ESRB rating is required. Not because of law, but because of the store's policies - which probably isn't so much a corrupt deal between them and the ESRB so much as it is the stores want someone else to take the liability over age ratings, and the ESRB are the only ones offering that service.

TLDR - this screws small publishers not because an ESRB rating is legally required (it isn't), but because EB/Gamestop and Steam demand one.