Nioh is 100 GB on Steam

Why does no one ever talk about that? Why are games automatically bigger on Steam? What shit makes Valve download you?

My pirated Nioh is 73gb, so no, you're wrong.

When I downloaded Nioh it was 30gb. Better luck next thread I guess.

It's probably all the sound files for irrelevant languages like Russian.

I only play PS2/Xbox and Gamecube games so I don't know about all these newfangled titles you kids today are playing

Botnets/spywares and unoptimized console vidya

It's 73-80 GB
and then you install it and it's 73-80 GB, strange how that works.

Because you're retarded and have no idea what you're talking about.

Get help weebfag.

My installed Nioh is 47 GB.

Kind of made my sides hurt

You should get help if you unironically play and enjoy western games.

Was that a repack?
witch one?

and with the install file it's 90GB. Strange how that works. It;'s almost like the files arrive compressed and need to be decompressed in order to quickly deliver it.

They should really let you select your language before downloading. I don't need all that excess.

Nioh is 74 Gigs uncompressed and installed. If you compress it afterwards with Compact it's 40-something gigs. Go figure.

They ask for "available space". Meaning you need at least that much space to install it. That doesn't mean the actual game will be that size.
People here talk plenty about size bloat in games. Most just know the difference between space needed for installation and the actual size of a game. Maybe participate more.

Yea. You'd think companies would be interested in reducing server load that way, too.

My install is 40gb, just like the other user.
You're full of shit.

100 GB is required
25 of those is repack
75 is unpacked game
Do the fucking math genius.

Still a significant difference, and major difference from
Who is lying? Why would people get vastly different numbers?

But I like Crash Bandicoot?

So the answer is retardation?

Go back to >>>/cuckchan/ with your misinformed memes you faggot

Compression, idiots, compression. You are all fucking idiots, you can't just magically make bits smaller without compromising anything.

Games from Steam don't take 2 hours to install after downloading. They come pretty much untouched from the publishers to not mess with anything, plus a bunch of runtime files and other shit just in case.

Only PS2 NTSC, not that the other are that big either but it's not 4GB (5.2GB for PAL and 6.2GB for PS3 US dunno about PS3 PAL)

The install file sure, not the installed game.

Because the size requirements include the installed game + the install files size if compressed while it downloads and sometimes it also includes external files that might get created by the game like shader caches/saves/replays etc

Looking at a few repacks I get

That's on the devs though, there are some games who let you choose, but a lot of devs just don't use this feature and prefer to pack everything into one big download.

Waiting for Okami to be released and people finding out that they pulled a Sonic Mania and shoved Denuvo in there without telling anyone.

Same, I just finished Chaos Theory on my xbawks.

Turing proved data can be converted to computational time before real computers even existed you fucking mongoloid.

What?

But that is what i said my negro

It's called compression and OP being a faggot.
Some uploaders put ~3 compression methods on top of each other which takes over a fucking hour to install.
And as long as nothing is cut out, the installation folders will have roughly the same size.
The reason valve does this is because they directly download the game files.
You don't need to run an installer to decompress all of it and if steam would decompress it, steam would make itself dependend on that.

/thread

Because mentally retarded diversity hires think completely uncompressed audio and graphics is okay because "lmao everyone has a gorrillion terabytes now so who cares lol".

because people tend to compress downloads and then your precious 40gb talking point goes right back up to 100 when you install

Begone faggot

Repacks make the games much smaller, even when not ripping anything out of it.
But it takes hours and lots of RAM just to actually install the game.

Shit crashes on startup anyways, probably should not have expected better from a tecmo game. Been trying to fix it for a while now and will likely just refund.

No, he's right: learn to make a syllabary that isn't a fucking mess.

My Nioh download was around 30gb. When it installed it was 75gb.
And this is the game with all of the DLC. I just checked how much space the game takes up on my PS4 and it's 51gb without the DLC. So the PC version doesn't take up much more space than the PS4 version.

This is Capcom you're talking about here. Do you think that they will do the sensible thing?

In Soviet Russia…

Okami is originally a ps2 title though

IMPRESSIVE RUSSIAN TECH

nioh is 73 on steam

russians are the niggers of europe

Gypsies are the niggers of yurop; Russians are the redneck/hillbillies.

Any claim to the contrary merely suggests a lack of exposure to gypsies.

Gonna get comfy after pirating it.

it's a very phonetically ugly language tbh famalam

It sounds nicer than Chinese at least. Chinese sounds like someone dropped a bunch of pots down a low-T staircase.

Those jews make the games larger so they can extract more money from hard drive sales, obviously.

The worst part is how russian imageboards love camwhores, and we hate them. How they adore assfaggots and we hate the whole genre. How russian imageboards love social networking and we hate it. How russian imageboards love spreading cancer irl and we hate it. How russian imageboards are all liberal, and we are literal natsocs.

This is the real crazy shit right here. At the very least russians are niggers of the internet, just like BRs. Fuck, their character with Brazilians heavily overlaps.