Vidya with Good Story and Lore

Bittersweet ending with bitter black epilogue
Hard Mode: You played it
Expert Mode:Finished it

Have you tried purchasing Fallout 4 fellow gamer?

Fallout New Vegas
Fallout 2
Arcanum
Fallout tactics
Elder Scrolls: Morrowind
Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall
Elder Scrolls: Shivering Isles

Vampire Bloodlines

game is set right before Gehenna (end of the world) and it certainly fucking feels like it

??

Yomawari Midnight Shadows has a fucked up story, tell you what.
It starts with a little girl killing herself and it's all downhill from there

I meant to delete that before posting

just anything with a good story will do

Stranger of Sword City
Suikoden 2
Mafia
Ghost Trick

lol fag

It's not you that has to leave

It's me

KOTOR 2
EYE

Nigger, I'm one of the few people on the planet who understands more than half the story of that fucking game, and even I think it's incomprehensible tripe. The dialog has its moments but the lore is impenetrable. EYE should be enjoyed for the gameplay and gameplay alone.

It's only bittersweet if didn't fuck up Apex.

Warfra..
Oh never mind.

Nigger, lore in EYE is like 20 pages of how humans started colonizing space, encountered ayliens and ascended to the next stage of evolution merging with them in the process or something.
Cycles of guild and shit is not the lore, it's the story.

Nothing bittersweet about DF. You do your duty and remove kikes for good.

What about redemption? Your waifu either dies by your hand or you keep her after being passed around for several centuries.

I'd say all the games in the series end this way, and yes I played and finished all of them. The story and acting are top god tier, but the gameplay is above average sadly for all the games. Soul Reaver 2 was the best in the series, in my opinion.

There's only one game in the series, it had a happy ending and you consolefags can go right ahead and fuck yourselves.

How about games with a really depressing/somber tone all the way through, but the ending is really heartwarming/optimistic? Only one I can think of right now is Bioshock 1 and partly 2 if you get the good ending. I can name a few VN's that do this, but I want some actual games with gameplay that do this.

the ammount of plebs here is amazing

Degenerate.

Are thee the champion of Reddit, sir Millennial of the Top 10

LOK and SR are great games. Sequels are terrible cash grabs that add nothing of value, and ruin whatever was good with the gameplay (no puzzle elements in SR2, terrible stealth implementation in BO2). Kill yourself newfag

Silent Hill 1? The canon ending is the best possible ending. Although Silent Hill 1 is less depressing/somber than the second game, but that one doesn't have a canon ending.

Might as well be three hundred, it's just not the right way to tell a story in vidya. Why are you playing a german memegame anyway? Do you think adding unnecessary systems to a FPS, is making it complex? No, it just slows it you nigger

I guess
>Starless
>Euphoria
>Sengoku Rance

They're all pretty neato.

I personally liked CoP more

Actual puzzles in Soul Reaver 2 that used different elements(light, dark, air, fire) with platforming > sliding block puzzles from SR1
Plus SR2 is a more "finished" game than SR1 and it tied nicely with the rest of the series. I agree that BO2 wasn't as great, but half of that game was done by a different studio, if I am not wrong.
Also >newfag
Do you think newfags actually plaid any of the games from the series?

Is the story actually good? Seems like just another of those "you're trapped in a deadly game" scenarios that the japs love so much.
Seems like picrelated would be more appropriate.

The story though? It's mostly about a bunch of helicopters falling down. And the reason why it happened is so unexciting that it hardly matters. Not saying there isn't some nice writing in there now and then, but the main plot line is utterly forgettable. SoC on the other hand has a real mystery feeling to it and the different endings go beyond just one picture in a slide show that changes. Pay Wind of Time in any case.

I bet you like kikeout 2 too, faggot.

Fuck you, you know I meant play. heartily chuckled though

This is not how it works goy. :^)

Same, you're my nigger.

I still think Soul Reaver 1 is the best in term of discovering shit, 2 felt way to on rails for me. Blood Omen, I never get tired of it.

Expert mode for every game except MMX5 I've never played it, skipped right through X6

Ok but where the fuck does wolf spirits and blind priestesses and all that other high fantasy shit fit in?

Euphoria is basically H-Saw

X6 sucks in comparison, very long but tedious, the only downsides on X5 are the RNG for the ending and the constant nagging of the navigators.

at this point it should fucking die. its being handled by a literal shovelware developer

Reinforcing this one. It was my entry into DnD games. Taught me well about Faerun and the gods they worship, the world is cool.
Currently reading a chinese webnovel that also uses that lore in its story, Warlock of the Magus World is the name if anyone is into that.

Those are manifestations of human psyche brought forth via psionic powers of the entire race or some shit.
Like you know folklore became real because most of people knew of it and now made it possible to manifest.

I always kind of liked EVE: Online's lore, I grew up reading the chronicles and short stories their writers would post to the website from time to time.

EYE was dogshit.

LEAVE NOW AND NEVER RETURN!

I hate to be that guy, but he has a point (but unlike the other faggot, I'll elaborate)

Combat in EYE has 4 areas you can work with. Psy, Hack, Ranged and Melee.

Psy is quite a disapointment at first. At the start you can only do a Naruto impersonation and summon clones with terrible AI so you can watch the game play itself instead of playing it yourself.
Alchemy is dumb when everyone goes with MedKit and Madness is just a shittier faster Hack that only works against humans and even then not really most of the time.
It seems like it compliments Melee quite well, what with Dragon and whatnot, but it doesn't since blocking projectiles drains energy like a motherfucker and the best offensive ability you have is running near people with any ranged weapon and use your Forcepush.
I'm not counting gates here since it takes a full playthrough to unlock any, but if you want to consider them, you have "kill everyone in one hit" gate, "hack everyone in one hit" gate and "health-link with enemy" gate. The only thing that seems interesting about them is the permanent lesions you get as a price for using them too much, something that research removes completely.

Hacking seems the most detailed and usefull system of the bunch, but it's utter crap. You'll use the very same strategy for every single enemy, removing their Attack first then buffing your own to the point that it's decided who wins the hack by the difference of your HP. It's a shitty mini-game that takes 10 times longer than it has any reason to take and it doesn't even justify being it's own submenu.
A small section of the GUI that shows up in the top right corner that auto-plays itself with the parameters you set using the NUMPAD while you keep shooting would be far better.
And in the end what does hacking net you? Some extra brozouf that aren't worth the time it takes to hack the machines that give them and the ability to kill your enemies using your enemies, something that only works with humanoids that you could have killed much faster with guns.

Ranged seems like the best part due to it's large variety, but it's really not. Inventory management is a fucking bitch to the point you'll only bother with the Armory and nothing else. Stopping to look at the silhouettes in boxes to pick up ammo for the right weapon is a chore and you're better off stocking up extra or going back to the Armory.
Several weapons are vastly outclassed by thers (compare the two starting shotguns, the two starting assault rifles, etc) to the point that there's no reason to even bring some weapons, as well as balacing not even being a feature in the game. Who doesn't want a sniper that kills everything in one hit after all? It's like a Triangular gate in every bullet!
There's also some shit that, while usefull, it's fucking cumbersome to even bother to use it like Scrabs or turrets that you have to lug around and care for. Most games would just make it a skill you use to spawn them and re-cast to take them back, none of this clutter.

Melee is by far lauded as one of the best parts despite being the shitiest of them all. There's only 2 swords at the beginning, 3 if you want to count the shitty default one. The two-handed version only serves the purpose of reminding you why you bring a Damocles instead. It deals half damage and you'll keep getting hit by enemies you could have killed in a single hit. You can use it with a revolver (which is stupid when the point of the sword was to dual-wield it) but since you can't deflect bullets while using it with a revolver, you're limited to shitty weapons to combo with it and you're better off with a decent ranged option, switching to melee as needed, there's no reason to pick it over the Damocles.
The Damocles is this really next sword that covers your screen in smoke and makes a loud bang everytime you use it because that's exactly what you need to fight melee.
The hammer that you only get much later is a slower but stronger Damocles. That's all the variety you get in melee.
Only weapons you swing around always in the same way, making melee extremely boring to play as, and the defense they give you locks you down while your enemies keep firing their guns, draining your energy long before they need to reload.
Everytime you play Melee, you'll be missing ranged instead.

So what do we get out of this? That Psy is fun but retarded, that Hack is boring but usefull, that Ranged is also fun but retarded and cumbersome and that Melee is boring and retarded.
You could instead boot up Shadow Warrior 1 or 2 and not only get better weapons but also much better melee and Psy.

So that leaves us with the RPG elements and story. (1/2)

torment was trash though, especially the horrible retarded setting.

also convoluted walls of text != good story

I have never seen such a terrible case of broken legs before.

I get why people end up praising the game. Past a certain amount of grinding, things do change once you start abusing your implants and you've upgraded your passive ones enough. Running around with almost infinite energy and jumping above helicopters can be pretty fun. But the grind to get there isn't. And once you get there, you'll likely have finished the story multiple times already and there's nothing to do anymore with the super powered character you have.

The RPG stats are there mostly to give you some input in how you develop your character and act as requisits to unlocking stuff as well as forcing you to specialize.
In reality, they end up screwing you up, considering the boosts you get from research are much more valuable if you've already reached a certain point with the relevant stat, for instance.
Research is reminescent of Syndicate in how it's implemented, except it's fundamentally singleplayer loot crates tier of unlocking stuff. And most of what it does is either be a requisite for equipment, stat booster or removing permanent lesions. It's just one of those things every character you make is supposed to eventually complete and grind Brouzouf for.
On top of the implants. And the weapons.

If the game was actually well designed, you'd unlock weapons only with research and you'd have to buy them from the armory everytime you requested one, as well as ammo, for a smaller price. This would make better guns balanced since they'd be more expensive or have more expensive ammo as well. Instead, it's just another unlock system to pad the game.
Ironically, Armor is an choice between 3 options that boild down to "Speed for Armor, Armor for Speed, or none?" when it could have had the same treatment that weapons had.

So the end result is that the game is a never ending cavalcade of grinding brouzouf so you can become the ubersoldier that everyone that tells you EYE is amazing says you'll become. And when you reach there after several days playing the game, you'll be so familiar with everything else you'll get tired of it in a matter of hours. Congratulations.

This is like playing Deus Ex, but in every playthrough, you only unlock 1/5 of your augmentations and you're only given 1/5 of the skill points. By the time you have everything unlocked, you'll be so bored of the game, you won't even have fun with it anymore.

The story is generic "cool shit" slav trash. The cycles of guilt are mostly fan theorycraft at this point and you can't just have one very small section of the game full of super duper interesting lore but then have everything being comically retarded to the point that it's clearly just a plot device to justify your targets and the locations you're fighting in.
Oh wew, a world full of corrupt cops, looters and gangs? An intergalatic conflict between them as they colonize the system? And there are ancient aliens and artifacts in Mars? Stop the fucking presses!
What else? Are there templar knights, ninjas and mythical creatures ducking it out? What mind comes up with this?

EYE is fun if you enjoy grinding for stats or if you don't take it very seriously. But it's not very efficient at entertaining you and you'll grow tired of it very fast, depending on what kind of build you're going with.
The more games you play to have a reference you can compare with, the less amazing EYE will look to you since, if your only experience with FPS is DOOM where all you do is shoot and run, EYE does appear quite innovative. But if you're tried Deus Ex, Shadow Warrior or Dark Messiah of Migh and Magic, it's not gonna look interesting at all.
Even that multiplayer only Shadowrun game has more polish and is better designed than EYE.

Yes, I know, broken legs, you adquired brouzouf and you don't need to understand. Fun memes.
But memes alone don't sustain a man and EYE doesn't have much past that unfortunnaly.

Just to hammer this in, it's very important that you try many different games if you actually want to compare them and build a decent reference scale.
Even games that aren't necessarily very good can show you different ways to do things much better.

The new Prey for instance surely does not have the weapon variety of EYE, but it's Psy abilities work far better, half of them being utilitarian and the other half actually decent offensive options that nevertheless have their tricks to be properly used.

Bioshock 1&2 are also interesting examples of combining abilities with gunplay, the second one doing a far better job since you don't need to switch between Plasmids and guns. The abilities themselves are mostly generic for half of them as offensive projectiles, but EYE could at least have a Fireball Psy Power to throw fireballs like some of the monsters do and we don't get even that.
Not even a Blink and the only teleport works only by using a humanoid.

Also of note is hacking in both Bioshock games and comparing them to "hacking" in EYE. The first Bioshock had an atrocious game that interrupted regular gameplay, but at least it was short and with a clear purpose in it's use. The second game made it a timing event that you could even complete in the middle of a shotout, never removing control from you, and for an FPS it was the best option possible.
EYE in comparison does almost the same mistake that the first Bioshock made but takes far longer and is far less usefull in comparison.

Shadowrun (multiplayer) was a terrible Shadowrun game that had little to do with the franchise itself, but as a multiplayer shooter it was fairly decent with a lot of neat ideas for the genre. The many magical abilities you had were quite inspired, all of them quite usefull, as were the implants and equipment you could use.
Of especial note was how Essence acted as a balancing element to it, meshing all together in a cohesive manner for some deeper choices.

Comparing that with EYE where many abilities are useless and there's a single resource spent for all of them, makes it look much worse than what was essentially a shitty knock off of a game, which is just sad.

Notice please that I'm not arguing any of these games are either good or bad. Only that they did many things much better than EYE ever did.

its precisely because of these things that euphoria's story is far, far better than it really should have been

t. broke leg jian

I might get shit for this but Xenogears had some damn good lore if you play the game and read the perfect works book along with it.

Christ, man, get your legs fixed.

I'm here and asking, right?
You're the one to talk you fucking queer: 80% of the stuff suggested would be also suggested by Reddit

Is this faggot serious?

Still not sure if that makes it worth putting up with scat and all the other gross stuff.

It's better than Sword art online, but not by much. Too many coincidences and the protagonist gets one of the best power ups possible through rebirth.

You know, you could have used that post to expose your point of view and why you disagree.
The fact that the best you can come up with the defend EYE is it's own memes speaks for itself on the game's quality, so congratulations. You're bashing the game as well in your own retarded way.

I think I specifically said that it doesn't boast the weapon variety of EYE so there's that.
And while the story can be considered somewhat unimpressive, it's at least coherent and the game does a far better job at telling it to you.

I'll also repeat the main argument. Psy abilities in Prey work far better than those in EYE.
Not only are they far more usefull for any purpose at all, they also provide a lot of utility and are actually unique aspects of the game, not just another feature done in a different way like Madness is just an unreliable Hack.

isnt lore the same thing as story?

The story is you are playing the same sp/co-op game over and over again until you are done with it.

No, story is strictly what you play through during the whole game. Lore is the story of the whole world surrounding you.
An easy example would be the many books in Elder Scrolls talking about their heroes and rulers that don't actually appear in any game. They descrive the story of the world thus establishing the lore, but they aren't part of the story you're playing with.

Not to be that guy but Dark Souls 1 and Demon's Souls fit

So what game SHOULD we be playing? Bioshock/nuprey are dogshit. I see a lot of people hating on EYE but not one of them has any good shooters to recommend in its place, ever.

Oh come now, that's an exageration and likely comes from what you hear, not personal experience.

The first Bioshock is quite rough around the edges but it's pretty neat and does it's own thing quite well.
The second one is a refinement of gameplay (but a vast detriment to the story) and it's pretty neat as a game.

The nuPrey only problem is that it's called Prey, so not only it tries to ape the fame of the previous game but it also draws retarded comparisons between both when they aren't the same type of game at all. nuPrey is much closer to System Shock 2 than to Prey, being a better spiritual successor to SS2 than Bioshock.

You want better melee, try Shadow Warrior 1 or 2.
You want non-stop shooting with fun weapons, give Hard Reset a try.
Or you can try one of the many overalls for Deus Ex that quite change the game (and some aren't shit, imagine that)
Or you can try Titanfall 2. Unlike the first one, it actually has a solid singleplayer campaign and very good movement\shooting mechanics.

There's plenty of other much better games in the market to try out and waste your time with instead of sticking strictly with EYE and having to grind for 30 hours before you're allowed to have fun.
Sticking with badly designed games is what makes more badly designed games to pop up. You faggots defended EYE in everything and never properly criticized it in it's flaws and the result of that was Deathwing.

I liked CS the most out of them all. How much do I need to get bullied?

Nope, I tried it, it was trash.
If you want good melee try Dark Messiah. SW is trash.
Tried the demo, it was utter garbage.
Deus Ex is a good game. It's a lot like EYE. It's weird that you'd hate EYE but like Deus Ex unless you're talking about an overhaul that makes it shit.
I haven't tried this but seeing as you're recommending crap that I know firsthand is terrible, like Bioshock and Hard Reset, I doubt it's good at all.

You've confirmed my suspicion - the anti-EYE crowd hate fun, and love terrible games, and think people should be wasting their money on awful games.

The trilogy is not entirely bitter, It's more Weird and dreamlike than anything.

Dark Messiah doesn't have the same variety and it's filled with health sponges. It's still a better game than Shadow Warrior but SW is pretty good with a lot of different melee weapons for the second one and their version of melee technices is far better than Dark Messiah.

The full game has far more different enemies, the weapons become much better when you unlock the really fun ones and put some upgrades in them.
Plus, the game was also patched and changed later, I doubt the Demo got the same treatment so you missed stuff like dodging around.

How is that weird? Deus EX does an amazing job at telling you it's story. It's far more coherent, it's characters make a lot of sense and it doesn't need to try to be a meme to entertain you.

It's gameplay is also far better and balanced to the point that you could run a Swimming\Enviromental Training build and still finish the game with ease.

Weapons all make sense and are balanced well enough, same goes for grenades, augments work mostly the same as in EYE but I find they complement the gameplay better in Deus EX since in EYE you are limiting how much you can sprint by turning on any implant for instance.
Even skills are much better implemented than the stats you have in EYE.

Deus EX does everything better that EYE fails terribly at doing and is a better game for it. If only people wanted EYE to rise to it's level at least in terms of gameplay, we wouldn't have the memetic shitstorm that EYE is.

You have no excuse. I pirated it, you can as well.

I honestly don't know what kind of games you like or why you prefer EYE above any of those. There's nothing that EYE does better than any of the games you consider crap except for superficial stuff like heavier recoil for weapons or a somewhat creepy atmosphere in some levels.

Consider that maybe the problem is the oposite. Perhaps it is you that likes trash and sees no problem having to grind for 30 hours of a dull experience until it becomes somewhat fun with incoherent gameplay and story.
So naturally when you see games that are much more focused and better designed, you dislike them.

Son, you think bioshock is a good game. Give it a rest. Nobody here is going to take you seriously.

Bioshock was really boring to play through. The atmosphere is obviously there and the gameplay is alright but I have no intention of ever replaying it. Nuprey looks mediocre in both graphics and combat despite everything else it has going for it. Fiding out that its all a dream in the end also killed any interest for me. EYE doesn't look like something I could get into either.

Fallout NV is ok but I dont care much for the desert setting and awful graphics. Considering trying Skyrim again years after but apparently mods still can't save it from being a piece of shit.

Fear is still the best fps ever. Crysis is also unmatched in a lot of ways. Not sure if there's any lore though. I have been trying to play Halo CE for the first time on legendary but the bullet sponges keep pissing me off.

He convinced me that EYE a shit tbh

Myth: The Fallen Lords

(1)

Wow you sure convinced me otherwise with that shitpost lad.

Wrong, the story is around the same and maybe a little better since it actually encourages you to bond with your daughteru. Bioshock 1's only real appeal is the ebin plot twist.
Bioshock 2's real problem is how the level design suffers pretty badly and goes with a "corridors with branches" design. I only remember one level being an exception to that and it is Dionysus park. The rest I remember being pretty linear and plasmids were no longer as important to unlock things or in battle due to no environmental hazards. Again the exception is Dionysus park.
Minerva's den seems to do better in this regard but it keeps crashing and memory wiping 2 hours in so I cannot say.

mahnigga.jpg

I have played through Bioshock at least 10 times and love the game but I understand it is flawed. Infinite is garbage.

I gotchu.

Meh, the endings felt super unfinished. The start was good. The first game had far better feels.
By feels i mean suffering and entropy

That's unfortunate, since Taro writes the endings first and then works backwards. So he says, anyway.

Seems super practical but at the same time super fallacious.
I just want Drakengard 4

The ending will never not make me sad.

Best lore

Pic related. This is some proper, solid science fiction literature right here, buried in a TBS game of all things.

(Play classic, not xpac.)

CLASSIC ONLY

Persona 1 being made by cool people has literally fucking to do with lore.

All Your Friends Are Now Dead: The Game

The world of the gods portion doesn't last all that long unfortunately, but atleast it's better than similar webnovels that suddenly ignore worldbuilding entirely when the protag gets too strong. It's such a letdown when an author gives up on their world to instead regurgitate chinese mythology shit over and over again, maybe it loses something in translation.

I don't think Bioshock is a good game, only that it's a better game than EYE.
Bioshock still has quite a lot of flaws of it's own, starting with the hacking mini-game, the player progression being retarded, some plasmids being useless and boring, weapon upgrades also suffering from the same problem.
The story has some neat details, especially when you start reading the logs, but it also has it's retarded moments the biggets one possibly being Cohen existing only to pad the plot some more.

You can't argue on why EYE is better than any of the games I listed, you don't even try to argue anything I said was false. The best you can come up with is an appeal to popularity. Sad.

Oh come on, it's a dual morality issue thing that so many games do. You end up bonding with her anyway, you just make her a psychopath or a saint depending on what you do, that's all.
It's cute and all but your daughteru ends up as a Mary Sue in the end regardless of what you do.

And it's also the only salvagable point in the story, everything else is downright terrible because nothing makes any fucking sense.
Every single character you are given the option to kill or spare always comes up as either an insane maniac that you have no reason to spare or someone so incredibly retarded that you can even blame him for the shit he\she does.

Case in point, the black woman that raised your daughterfu, thinking you were the one that took her away and tries to kill you because of that. She's just terribly stupid and works based on assumptions, there's no malice you can pin on her.

And then there's the whole cult surrounding the big bad psychologist that's fucking retarded. It was a terrible attempt at "What if Rapture, but communist?" because it dodges every actual negative aspect of the ideology and strictly shows how it failed\succeed because of the supernatural elements while the first game was entirely politics and the supernatural elements were just a weapons race.

well, now I have to try it