WoW classic poll

There is a poll going around thats being (((monitored))) by blizzard about classic server points of contention. Thought it might interest some anons to share

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc64CYad2GpAVvH6yEl-mLd2NBlCnKeIASA8mTrRwjJQ5usDw/viewanalytics

Other urls found in this thread:

unreddit.com
everquest.com/news/eq-what-is-a-progression-server
please
archive.is/irunO
archive.is/9N9CH
archive.is/uico5
don't
youtu.be/-D-dZhQiYI8?t=13m40s
us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/22814264/
archive.is/DIMu4
us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759515769?page=1
archive.is/AIh6H
hearthglen.org/news
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Does anyone besides diehard autists care?

wow was always shit

I learned about elysium from 8ch threads, I enjoyed my time there and on feenix's emerald dream.

I know the general attitude is
but i'm all for more of games with actual communities personally

Holla Forumss original MMORPG with horizontal progression, committed crafting/merchant class with good crafting/mercantile system; no dungeons finders, no instances, no fucking auction houses, and no faggot GMs; when.

Like Ultima Online?

Yeah, kind of like that. Also forgot, no modern cartoony or animeshit. Classic gritty 90s fantasy like Diablo 1, Warcraft 2, Hexen art style.

they're already starting to rub hands

For what purpose

From Zeth'kur

The only good thing about Vanilla was the social aspect and the sense of exploration. The gameplay was always shit, and was blown the fuck out by BC, and then again by Wrath. A key problem here, is that you can't bring back that sense of exploration. If you've played WoW for any length of time, you've already combed through the entire world. Everything is a known quantity. The other problem is that Vanilla's gameplay is terrible, and was only made moderately less terrible by the BC pre-patch talent revamp.

Blizzard knows this, which is why they were so resistant to creating a Vanilla server, but with their subscriber count steadily decreasing, and normalfags desperate to throw money at them for an official vanilla server to recapture that nostalgia, they're finally relenting. Expect a whole lot of "Wow, this shit really didn't age very well" when people realize how passive and non-interactive general PVE gameplay was. You ready for drinking after every other kill, or spending most of your time auto-attacking and waiting for resources? How about the disgustingly ugly and dated gear and enemy design?

This is going to be a shit-show, but I'm sure there's enough failed normalfags desperate to recapture that nostalgia to keep the servers profitable while they bring in the big bucks from hearthstone and overwatch microtransactions.

It's a fan-made poll.

Archeage was almost that for me.

why are you here?

I have a feeling 50%+ of Holla Forums will play this.

Played WoW starter edition recently and got to level 20 blood elf paladin. It's still the same boring shit I played ten years ago.

Why are you here?

vanilla wow was the pinnacle of mmos. every other iteration of the mmo genre is shit after it because they try to capture the lightning in the bottle that vanilla wow was.

Do you enjoy THROWING KNIVES?

I'm surprized the "Make more than one fucking class able to tank in raids" question is getting no'd so hard. I wonder if that's all from butt hurt warriors or horde players who don't want alliance to have one more tank class than them?

Like if they said, "okay, instead of the retarded dual wield shit we added in BC, we're going to make enhancement shamans a tank spec (which they clearly were going to be at one point considering all their vanilla talents and aggro spells) for the sake of faction balance" would the yes/no ratio get a bit better?

Fuck WoW.
I want fucking Warcraft 4 already. It's been 15 years now, not even Half-Life fans have been waiting as long as us.

unironically leveled my bow skill just to be a trooper

I think they permanently switched to StarCraft for RTS.

Bullshi-
Holy shit, it really has been that long. I remember playing WC3 game after school.

I just cannot wait!

there is a SC 2 mod called armies of azeroth that is wc3 with updated models but its been in development for ten thousand years

It has mediocre pvp that has no effect on the game world and the pve is laughably easy. If that's the pinnacle then there's no point in playing any MMO.

WoW was always casual shit and always will be.

It was always about the social aspect, the gameplay was shit. If you were actually around in early vanilla, you'd know that the daytime playerbase was mostly second life housewives. Raiding was fun in the same way watching a really bad movie is fun with a group of friends, especially if you were healing. But guess what, you can't close pandora's box. Raiding that same tired shit isn't going to be fun with what players have become. Your average player today treats everyone like shit, and you're going to have strict gear checks before you can get into raids, and eventually strict gear checks before you can even do babby shit like strath/scholo. People moved on from the old 'treat people on your server how you want to be treated' mindset, and became far more shitty to one another, and that's going to crush most players enjoyment of vanilla.

World PVP, and losing my v-card to a 6/10 qt warlock I met who ended up driving across the state to fuck me are my only fond memories of vanilla. I can see the rest of what it really was: a shitty mess.

>>>/reddit/

That's like, your opinion. Adventuring in Warcraft universe is fun and vanilla combat was challenging enough to keep you on your toes while questing.

But user! there is gonna Warfronts in Battle for Azeroth that is gonna be like the RTS games but are not!

Oh boy that sure was fun and challenging. You're in for a rude fucking awakening.

Heh.

unreddit.com
>>>/suicide/
pick one

Who even plays WoW anymore?

Just stop, you're embarrassing yourself.

Of course killing a single trash mob is not going to be challenging. In vanilla there are plenty of mob groups that will fuck you up, especially murlocs. Also killing an elite 1v1 will push your class to its limit.

It's about tedium. If at the bare minimum, classes don't have the bc talent revamp, you'l see the same massive spike and then swift decline that we've seen from every post-wrath expansion, because for the vast majority of players, nostalgia isn't enough to make vanilla combat (which aged like milk) fun after they've already experienced those classes with highly refined and active gameplay.

Get a load of this faggot who clearly had WoW as his first MMO.

This prospect alone made the kikes at blizzard salivate. I can guarantee that tokens to gold will remain regardless. You see goy, the work required to change the AH back would have delayed classic by 6months.

Assuming they follow a content release schedule similar to vanilla, but obviously accelerated, as soon as that content dries up, they'll start selling boosts for sure. They'd be stupid not to, since most of the players will have fucked off by that point, and it's free money.

I don't agree with keeping classes 100% vanilla, they had a lot of problems. Also vanilla combat didn't age like milk, if anything the new combat is worse.

Every expansion outside of Legion improved the combat to some degree, it's just that post-wrath, the actual PVE content was fucking terrible. If you're unironically arguing that vanilla's combat is better than, say, wrath or bc, you're fucking nuts.

I mean i enjoyed my time on elysium for the short while that i played. And yea i liked the challenge more than modern day wow. But me personally i've grown older and got too much to worry about. I mean it would be nice to go back and play legacy games or more specific legacy mmo. But maybe in the future :*(

How is it better? Resilience was fucking cancer.

Why?

It's a redundant stat.

If God permits, and everything turns out good enough, I hope will be reborn and the flame of autism finally rekindled.

Oh god what horrible cancer. I can't believe anyone can even play the game. Never mind that a number on your character window has next to nothing to do with combat gameplay.

At first I thought you were OD'd on nostalgia but now I think you're just an idiot.

Resilience is cancer because it was Blizzards' solution to PvE gear. In vanilla you could overcome Tier 1 and possibly Tier 2 gear by wearing the full GM stuff, but you couldn't overcome Tier 3 gear. So raiders were more powerful than career PvPers because for Blizzard to balance them out, they'd have to make it possible for PvPers to render PvE moot by giving them equally powerful gear. They said no and didn't do that.

So their balance choice was to add a new stat that makes PvPers able to overcome high-geared PvEers because PvPers take less damage/deal more damage to PvEers due to a player-only resistance stat. I personally didn't like resilience, but it wasn't a game breaker for me perse.

The focus should always be on PvE first and PvP second. Balance was always a mess because Blizzard was trying to do the impossible by trying to balance a game for PVE and PVP at the same time. Resilience was the result of this, among other retarded balance decisions.

Last time I went to ony raid as a Rogue i had none

Omg lmao.

People voted in every way to keep the experience as miserable as possible.
Nope! Enjoy your one way to play with respecing cost being nonviable.
Cause those just made world pvp so much fun!
Cause people just ran that so much right?
Nope. Hope your on for your one and only shot at this!
Nope! Enjoy your warrior only experience.
Nope! Gotta get that true pain in the ass experience!

This servers will be dead in less than a year when people remember how miserable an experience vanilla actually was, where only people who could throw away all their free time could get anywhere.

I agree.

There's a lot of fags complaining about muh nostalgia and can't get over it even if the changes are objectively good in every single way. Hell, they even want old bugs included.

Nope, therefore /thread.

Vanilla players are masochistic, the bitter feeling "player friendly" mechanics that took the game`s soul made everybody that treasured those days to repent all those times shitting on the bad aspects of the game, you clearly are a retail guy or didn`t played vanilla servers at all, having a bad time and still keep pushing on is what made vanilla vanilla

Now about the player retention the answer is easy: Make like diablo2 and do leagues every few months to mimic the server hoping dynamic established after this many years.

Everquest 1 has set the blueprint for this. They will probably copy their model.
everquest.com/news/eq-what-is-a-progression-server

I seriously doubt they're going to put the effort in to try and mimic vanilla's patch progression. Anyone hoping for that is setting themselves up for even more disappointment.

If daybreak can do it, it can't be difficult.

The only things that would ever improve vanilla is if they went back and actually adhered to their aims, and promises and took all inspiration from the Warcraft P&P RPG, included NPC schedules, and generally took a few pages from Project:Gorgon

Pic Related- an actually challenging Lich King- because you know, you never fought him in WOLK, just Arthas THINKING he was actually the Lich King after he literally ruined the entire point of WCIII in the events of a single shitty book.

The problem with Warcraft is that it's no longer a decent RPG experience, there's clear nasty bulk in number tallying, a lack of consistency with monster bestiary abilities, Roleplay is no longer required, and the mage is no longer utility, which is a core part of such classes even in it's form in tabletop.

They simply didn't understand that the idea of imbalance is actually a good thing if you simply make thing even out- or anything else that could be considered innovative.

Fuck kikes, fuck Activision, fuck nu-WoW's playerbase, and fuck polling for mob rule. I can't believe I had any faith in current year Blizzard to not fuck this up.

Roleplaying was never required and WoW was never anything but the barest minimum of cargo-cult RPG mechanics.

ah you dont gotta do leagues, just release a new server every few months
the leagues for the server firsts make themselves

The admins of the ""official"" classic wow leddit board are literal communist trannies.

As much as I want classic WoW, this shit without a doubt will be ruined.

Already looking grim. Peeked over on the classic subforum they set up. And here's what I've found

Gets better

I should also mention to even make a thread on the classic subforum you must have an active sub to the game. People logging into old accounts or people making accounts to post can only post in threads made by people with active subs.

I would compile pictures of all these retards but I had to stop browsing the forums and any discussion about it because I was losing my mind at just how fucking intellectually dishonest all of these shills are. Even in guilds I was in on Lights Hope there were people shilling for rebalancing paladins and druids. It's a cancerous plague that can't be stopped. Thank god the Nostalrius core is open source.

Dire Maul wasn't at launch in vanilla though. 1.3 introduced it.

It's shown it's colours and is the reddit guild it always was in but name.

Even better is I saw some posts outright removed or the posters stopped posting suddenly which tells me they got banned.

Fuck even reading back through this thread I'm seeing retarded normalfag kikes shilling for rebalancing. No where is sacred from these absolute fucking idiots.

Why are you surprised? The Blizzard forums have always been the the rotting asshole of the Internet. Fuck, the Blizzard community is a rotting asshole.

funny enough. the CM was priaising plebbit because "they're more agreeable than you people" (read: They agree with my opionions".

One of the low level faggots brought up how reddit is a shit site, in nice words and pointed out a majority on the wow subreddit were likely retail players.

That guy got banned

I saw the topic on wowhead and I made the mistake of looking at that sites comments. I belive that they are worse than the classic forums because at least the classic forums have people with brains defending classic while the retarded fucks at wowhead are still sucking blizz disgusting jewish cock via Legion.

Fuck me, I would kill for a IWD styled Warcraft RPG

*cough*

well.. eve is older than wow so i guess your point still hold

Dont forget the Achievement checks…

I came back to WoW halfway around WOTLK after quitting in early TBC due to irl-issues and selling my account and without a few old friends who were kind enough to let me tag along on their alt-raids just for the sake of getting the fucking achievements i'd have had no fucking change to progress at all!
Shit, many people even wanted you to link the achievement for fucking piss-easy 5man dungeons though not like i can blame them, i played a warrior so i could just easily tank most of them but sometimes i had to switch to dps because some other schmuck wanted to tank and boy oh boy… i've met people with fucking DOWNS i went to a "special" school due to being half-deaf that arent as retarded as the average player from the DungeonFinder!

ahah i see you are still focuses on the single tree and can t see the whole forest behind it :^)

yeah no diminishing returns on stuns was great, I can't wait to be perma-stunned by a random rogue or perma-sapped and just not be allowed to play the game until he gets bored or I DC

Retail players aren't the target audience for this and think they should get a say.

Retarded forum mods already trying to muscle the dialogue one way.

making druids and pallies viable raid tanks would be about the only class balance changes I'd be willing to tolerate for classic. Although I suspect that would just make the horde scream even more about the alliance having too much of a pve advantage in vanilla getting a third tank class on top of already having a threat blessing and fear ward.

Pretty much.

Wouldn't mind what most "progressive" private servers do. Lock talents and abilities at 1.12 Everything else behind gated progression.

Who the fuck are you to go and lie like that on the internet. Tencent doesn't own Epic or Blizzard. Don't just mix lies with truth like that, I hate those fucking commie chinky chinese motherfuckers more than the average bear, but you can't just LIE like that. That just makes the whole image suspect despite the fact that it's mostly true.

FUCK CHINA and FUCK TENCENT but they don't own Epic or Blizzard. They're still huge fucking jewish chinks who own way too fucking much thanks to their shithole communist country and its severe lack of freedom and competition (and also dumb as fuck westerners who buy lootboxes), but Unreal is free. Not from their influence, surely, but from their ownership.

I love how so many retards spout this retarded inane fucking shit about how "vanilla will be so bad today people will treat it like they do regular WoW because they are all tryhards and no one will ever get into groups".

You fucking morons spout so much shit that seems to completely ignore the fact that hundreds of thousands of people have been playing vanilla WoW just fine for the last 5 years, and even longer than that sometimes.

Oh look it's the infamous "if it isn't 1.0 and the exact same patch progression that it was back in the day then completely rebalancing the classes is justified" cancer again.

Retail players quickly realised that classic was going to surpass retail in popularity once they saw that people couldn't even remember the name of the new expansion and were only talking about classic everywhere on the forums. So they've gone into a full panic trying to desperately make the game shit so they can either tolerate playing it, or successfully kill it and go back to their slot machine diablo 4 dress-up game MMO.

The only two specs in the game that aren't viable are boomkins and prot paladins. Every other spec has its place in a raid environment at a casual level. If you don't like not being able to play prot paladin then don't play vanilla. It's pretty simple.

you are so fucking cute
< but they don't own Epic

please use archive.is/2013/3/21/4131702/tencents-epic-games-stock-acquisition

please use archive.is/articles/chinese-internet-company-owns-40-percent-of-epic-games/1100-6405749/

Damn I wasn't aware servers that crashed at 5k people at once were hundreds of thousands.

also the fuck did your response to me even mean. it doesn't even make sense

Honestly it's fuckign sad. And with the final stretch not even in sight I can guarantee people will return to private servers.

One server isn't all of the community. Gotta remember peopkle still play on kronos and on feenix. others waiting for vanilla official. Even more still are playing retail, waiting for the official servers. Then you have those waiting on the "perfect" vanilla private server be it memefall or whatever.

here are the archive
archive.is/irunO
archive.is/9N9CH

Yeah I'm saying that it isn't in any ways close to hundreds of thousands of people. Especially "in the past 5 years"

Come on. "Casual raid environment" meant 10 people doing 95% of the work. Of course it doesn't matter then.

WoW is one of the most heinously ugly games to ever, EVER come out, how anyone can play this shit and not want to gouge their fucking eyeballs out is beyond me.

Why? That was literally a tax on someone who raided and pvped. It wasn't a good feature.

You can make more than one character.

Dual spec was wrath shit and respec ramped up the more you respeced. it's not hard to realize you should just be leveling an alt if you wanna roll a certain way.

you don't think a plate wearing class that has an entire talent tree called "protection" *not* being able to tank is just a little fucking moronic and reflects badly on Blizzard's game design? I've always mocked Retardins bitching about wanting more DPS and "muh crusader strike", but I can totally get the old school paladin players being pissed to discover their class can't tank because blizzard management didn't rein in some cocksucking shithead developer they hired from a fucking Everquest guild from making game design decisions based on his old forum drama fests.

Autism was a mistake.

nostalgia fags are truly the worst there is

lol what

Please die. xserver battle grounds was the beginning of the game's decline. If there were two possible changes that would make me avoid Classic at all cost. It would be cross realm BGs and using MoP style talent bullshit instead of actual talent trees.

Or don't constantly change specs. or pick a class where you won't have to reroll every 5 seconds.

If you took the time to read a lot of people advocating for this shit are retail faggots. And whats worse is the retail faggots are the only ones really given any power to post. New accounts ore accounts with no active sub can't start threads

Jesus christ dude.

I've healed plenty of feral druids over the years. I've raiding with plenty of ret paladins. Sure they don't do good damage but if they put enough effort into their character you can clear the content fine.

Plenty of specs don't do good damage depending on the tier and boss fight. It's retarded to want to rebalance specs because you'll never balance anything in WoW. The fact people don't understand this is fucking baffling. You've had 14 years to witness how impossible WoW is to balance and yet the minute we finally get a defined version of the game that doesn't need to be balanced because everyone knows what they are getting, guess what? Suddenly everyone wants shit rebalanced again as if the last fucking decade never happened.

The number 1 reason people quit WoW is because of their classes getting rebalanced constantly throughout the expansion. Making their choice feel "wrong" and making them feel like shit. One of the biggest appeals of vanilla WoW is knowing exactly what the fuck you're getting into.

I pick paladin, I know I'm healing and I know I will be good all throughout the expansion. I pick warlock, I know my damage will be utter fucking shit at first but that I'll become a literal god in the later tiers.

People don't need to lose their shit over the game constantly changing. Just like I don't need to worry about random shit changing when I want to go back to play Dark Souls. This is the entire point of people begging for legacy servers in the first place. People have been discussing this for god knows how many years and then suddenly when it's announced retail drones pretend like this argument hadn't been wrapped up likely before they were even fucking out of school.

Dual talent spec is fucking retarded in vanilla. Lowering respec costs is sort of understandable but still completely unnecessary. If you can't muster up 50g a few times a week a few months into being 60 than you're very likely a fucking retard.

This is the problem with the way you guys discuss these things though. If someone said they wanted a 30g respec cap instead of 50g, then it's a lot easier to agree with that even though I might be on the side of wanting very little to no changes at all. But you always lace your reasonable requests with stupid shit like dual spec.

You'll see this bullshit tactic all over the forums. Every reasonable thought has some agenda behind it and they always slip in their autistic shit like transmog, pixar character models, or whatever other cancerous bullshit they personally want.

You don't actually care about the game, only your role within the game as an individual. This is what has lead to the downfall of all video games. Instead of developing a world full of challenges for people to explore and overcome, they develop games where anyone can do whatever they want and nothing could ever possibly be a nuisance or unfair.

It doesn't matter if it was shit game design. There are a million aspects of vanilla that can be considered shit game design. If you want a game that fixes these issues then you play retail. The point of legacy is not to fix the millions of things that are annoying in vanilla. It's to preserve an experience that people want to go back to.

The slippery slope is real. I can apply your same logic to virtually every single aspect of vanilla.

We can go down that rabbit hole all day and you can guess where we end up. If you don't like vanilla because it has shit game design, then fuck off and go play something else you stupid nigger.

Kill yourself you absolute brain dead faggot.

Would agree on the respec but as a counter point you were supposed to be invested in what you were speccing. the big 50g fee was from people constantly respeccing because most of them tended to be warriors shifting between prot and DPS.

Personally I'm in the boat I've seen a few people on the forums post about. Fix the engine underneath. Make it run smoother on newer hardware. Fix that things that caused CTD. Anything that in testing that would be labeled as a game stopper bug should be fixed.

Why is duel talent bad other than you don't like it? What pointless layer of depth is being lost by including it?

I was able to afford it back in old wow but I didn't like it. It's not something that should come back.

Or, don't include it because it did nothing. Why are you so insistent on shitty mechanics?

It wasn't in vanilla. Can't be classic if you're changing shit. You wanna play retail go play it. Every spec plays the same in retail. A lot of people forget in vanilla utility was also important. Things like DPS were a big issue yeah but you needed people to fill niches. And even outside dungeons and raids some specs and builds were fun because of the utility they provided in PvE and PvP.

It's time to take the goggles off.

I'm not arguing for rebalancing vanilla just that you're being dishonest in calling worthless specs viable. Sure you can carry a few people being essentially dead weight through most content but that doesn't make it a good thing either for that player or the rest of the raid. Don't act like you never had the drama of 'why can DPS while I'm forced to heal?' Or when they get loot that could've gone to someone that would get 10x the use out of it. You're promoting people play selfishly at the expense of the rest of the raid.

What's the point in calling it vanilla if it isn't vanilla?

man remember how warlocks were near useless in most situations outside of being able to SS and summon people?
That's the real balance.

It's not vanilla though, it's "classic" vanilla was a shit show a lot of the time with classes, I want classes to have their own niches, but not to the point of "SS is up on priest and people are summoned, relog into your mage so we can get the raid going"

you need warlocks to banish adds on garr and apply curse of elements to make your mages better, though ;^)

Don't argue semantics you nigger. Blizzard has always called it "classic" in game and the community calls it vanilla. The guy that fucking announced it even used the term vanilla on stage.

It keeps the game alive. Low levels and inexperienced players benefit from experienced players rerolling because they can be guided through dungeons and quests. It's a social game you fucking autists.

I love how all of the people arguing for rebalancing vanilla literally have no idea what the fuck they are talking about and call one of the single best classes in the entire game "useless". This is why no one wants you or anyone else to touch class balance in vanilla. Because not you or blizzard has any fucking clue what they are doing and the only people that want classes rebalanced are the kind of people that didn't even want legacy in the first place.

right sorry, oh wait you're a dumbass, having more than 3 locks was actually detrimental because of the debuff limit on all enemies, but don't worry, they can spam… shadow bolt for minimal damage, have pets that can't hit worth a shit, and be less useful than a rogue in all non onyxia raids

Are you legitimately trying to pass "you typically only bring 3 of them" as an argument for them being a shit class?

Instead of saying "you only bring 3", I could word it as "you literally have to have 3 or 4 for a viable raid comp", which is incredibly hard to come by on alliance as warlocks are underplayed. Fucking kill yourself.

16 debuffs wasn't bad and considering how much DPS late game locks shat out it was decent. You just are upset dots and debuffs can't be spammed in vanilla thus "lock bad lol"

well as there's literally only one tank class in the game not like you had a fucking choice.

Locks are the only class that hit the limit as often and rely on it as much.
More than half their damage comes from them, so they're hard capped on how many you can really have without doing meme tier "all lock run, we fail every dps check!"

archive.is/uico5

Was worse early vanilla when cap was 8 debuffs. Then again I've seen people talking about how shit retail is and how they got kicked for poor DPS, when they had rolled healer.

Reminder nost didn't close because blizzard told them to. They did of their own volition. Lots of servers, even low pop ones just move hosts. Nost tried to get jobs at blizzard and failed

it's funny how loud retail shitters whine like a bunch of toddlers about classic server shit because mommy isn't giving them their undivided attention.
if it's not going to be 95% vanilla, blizzard shouldn't even bother.

Lol

99%, only very few quality of life changes are acceptable, such as guild banks.

Be careful what you wish for. I wanted Diablo 3 until it was a pile of shit. Now I'm playing PoE with edgelords like some jackass.

dishonorable kills should have been more punishing. i wasted so much time logging into my 60's to camp other dumbass 60 pasty whiteboy cucks that sucked so bad at pvp they had to kill level 20s. made the leveling way fucking slower. one of the dumbasses on elysium uploaded a shitty youtube video with hardcore rap and LEVELS BLURRED OUT so he would look cool. retard

world pvp in stv against people within 5-10 levels of me with groups were fun as fuck though.

finally there's a lot of shit wrong with vanilla wow. back then players were new and it wasnt much of a problem but now people are "too good" for wow. premades and other bullshit need to be massively tweaked because the system is being abused all to hell. premades should be against premades, all that crap. it's just obvious shit. if you dont think so you really need to git gud. you just suck if you need a premade to beat randoms, and if you need to fight randoms to prevent the long premade vs premade turtle matches then that's a problem with the game. the game needs to be tweaked to prevent that shit.

They only need 10% of that 15% to pay.

Only 90 people said they would, assuming those are all legitimate answers and not trolls, that's 2,700 shekels a month. Activision shits that out on a 10 second basis, hardly relevant.

vanilla has very little gold sinks past your mount, consider that

Gold was also harder to come by. You forget xpacs just made getting gold easier

I'm pretty sure he was talking about vanilla. On private servers, if you want to pug any raids, you're basically required to have fully-chanted preraid BiS.

Equipment repairs.

go back to legion you nigger.

This too, expansions inflated gold.

see? you dont get the point .
its not about depth.
it was a way to make you character have an identity:
you were a ret paladin, not something else.

for me dual talent is the rotten seed that brought retail switch and go talent tree. were you can be anything and everything within one character.

it's like:

maybe you will concider this IRL analogy stupid, but the fact is that in vanilla: the world was something separated from you, it didn t care for you, and that's why this "you are one and character" is important, the same way cross realm GB/raid/dungeon group is TOTAL BULLSHIT

My money is that devs decide to fix Vanilla and completely fuck it up. Then when 3 month later we get to see smug retail players talk how vanilla is so shit that no one will play it.

They should have just make the servers in silence, make announcement and release in next week of announcement, that way you get maximum hype and there is't this constant fight what to changes.

Most likely. Not to mention retail players are throwing a fit and wanting "QoL" changes to vanilla because they can't run naxx with hybrids.

That was a big reason for me. They kept homogenizing everything and stripping everything that was fun, at least for me. I mained Shaman, and every xpac down they road past TBC fucked with the class. Less totems, other classes getting our skills, Windfury stopped procing on itself which may have been bullshit sure but it was still awesome

Enjoy cocksuckers

Help me get one of the Asheron's Call server emulators running. I have the hardware resources to support maybe 100-150 players.

I'm just terrible at Windows server software setup.

To be fair they didn't go full jagex and force a gay pride parade on people.

Is it normal to no longer have hope for western nations at this point?

Uhhh… I mean if I can get an AC1 server up and running I would be the monarch of the whites-only guild. I'm not sure why you replied to me.

I just want to run a deceased MMO and pkill Holla Forumsirgins.

You do realize that you are as much cringy as full-on ""LGTBQ+" Socialists" whining about trivial shit on tumblr, right ?

Please go ahead and kill yourself. You've posted the same shit in two threads and made your own thread about it, go attention whore on Holla Forums or something.

So brave

Alexensual is MAD

I dare you to burn any gay shit a public space in your country

Why?
They're bugs, not features!

oh the retail fags are upset at him because he's "spreading hate"

But user, I can get most of your post in TBC with less terrible game play. The only thing I'll give you is a Classic server with the pre-TBC talent patch update.

the classic forums are being flooded with people that started playing cata and beyond. Can see the trainwreck forming now

With the exception of crafting and instances, you basically just described a bunch of elements that were all in Guild Wars. And while crafting is debatable as to being a good/bad thing, there's literally nothing wrong with using personalized instances for your party.

hope not

Vanilla was a time when 100g was a lot of money. Respecs costing up to 50g is stupid and only hurts people who want to experience both PvE and PvP.

I made more gold in the first week of BC content than in a whole month of Vanilla content before it. It was pretty bad.

They've already started asking about shit like "how do you feel about class blances"

One of the mods, a CM "felt victimized" when he was told that ret pallies can't tank in vnailla and are shit.

Said CM is a ret pally main.

Not relly. Just roll two characters.

Oh, I get it now. You're from Blizzard.

maybe i am in denial but i think the class balance was just poorly writen: i think they meant the class balance done IN VANNILA not new balance

Thing is you forget originally you did have to wait for content. Dig through the wow wiki and look at the release dates for patches. 1.12 came out in 06. TWO YEARS after the game launched.

Are you just hoping that you'll need 1 month to play and be done?

A lot of people are taking it not just on the wow forums but on plebbit and MMO champ to mean "everything is getting reworked".

The problem with retail is the specs and classes all play the same now. they're all master of non jack of all trades classes. In Vanilla specs mattered and provided utility and the like. The problem is a lot of these sites like the WoW subreddit from what I've read on the wow forums is very staunchly anti-legacy until recently and suddenly have gone "WTF I love legacy now!"

This was followed with suggestions to changing the game because they can't play. I've been looking at the posts of people who are advocating for changes on the Wow forum and most of them started posting in 2012 or 2013.

We can gripe all we want though because the moment WoW: Classic isn't classic it's just going to drive people back to private servers

don't use link shorteners/forms/rOHYFFp6i74a8or13

Because OP posted the results and not the poll to vote in, because OP is a raging faggot.

goo (dot) gl

not my fault that is the damn link they use for this poll on plebbit

Also that poll is being passed around community forums that are ver yanti-legacy. The sad thing is blizzard is watching this poll. If they're actually going to take feedback from that I'd rather go back to playing private servers

Not sure why people in that poll want to keep DHKs. They were a pain in the ass and you could get them by circumstance during world pvp. It was a bad solution to a problem.

I went there because that is where they are hosting the poll, dumbass. Because someone apparently doesn't this board voting on it.

Didn't someone in the reddit guild get like 100+ DHKs for fun?

youtu.be/-D-dZhQiYI8?t=13m40s
best video so far

This.

DKs kind of suck ass when you're just PvPing and in a group and you get them assigned to you because people weren't careful enough to not kill civs. I know any changes are muh slippery slope because of retailshitters but there really isn't any point to DKs

Well it'd be fine if they brought the originally intended system with it. But that also isn't vanilla.

Have they already announced how they will fuck this up?

No, it's just people jumping to conclusions and assuming the worst right now. Blizzard did say they don't even have a team dedicated to classic put together yet so the servers are likely years away.

The best part about it will be not needing to play with Scandinavians.

They said earliest was 2020.

The issue is they're asking if people would be ok with not vanilla things

I wouldn't describe Hexen as "gritty," it's almost comic-book esque. But I agree that we should see more of that style.

Only if you think social media accurately reflects the opinions of real people it doesn't

100g isn't so much money when you're level 60
200g is alot of money though, I'd say

anyway theres still plenty of room for inflation in vanilla WoW, and it does happen

WoW classic is how it should be! I know I enjoyed
and a shitton of talents were complete garbage like improved rend. absolute shit. all the ability rend was used for is keeping stealth away, if you used it for anything else you were a retard or had rage to waste.
then there's the fuckload of totally useless spells like the mages fire aoe(nobody ever used it), the warlock spellstone and plenty of others.
WoW Vanilla is bad in a lot of ways. It's WAY better than any modern MMO, including new WoW, but it needs a LARGE amount of improvement. I know they won't, but if blizz truly improves vWoW by rebalancing the specs, balancing useless spells, changing pvp, and adding guild banks I will fully approve.
also name one reason you dont think there should be guild banks. If it's "because vanilla" then you're just a nostalgiafag or a kid who never played back then that's trying to fit in to the retard hivemind.

WoWfags need zyklon

You'd be surprised. Private servers are not perfect. Very far from it in fact. People would kill for a server not run by retards.

Nah, if these changes need to happen why not apply them to retail, the next xpac is coming out after all

???

kill yourselves

retail is way to fucked. the lore is fucked, the progression is fucked, the raids are fucked, the loot is fucked, there's dungeon and raidfinder there's achievements, the zones are shit, i could go on and on. retail cant be unfucked at this point, but vanilla can. that's why they should happen to vanilla. i dont want a return to vanilla, I want a better mmo than the current shit.

That's not vanilla then. What they should do is just use time fuckery after BFA to turn back time and start over. Bronze dragon flight fuckery that would allow them to go back to the roots, improve on it graphically and under the hood. reshape the world as "Timeline got altered lol" and go from there. reintroduce shit like dragon isles that never made it into the final and other things. rebuild the world and make it WoW 2

I will make it known to Holla Forums that this forum exists:
us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/22814264/
they made a forum just for classic WoW; you can post(but not make threads or upvote) with a free trial account

ZG, AQ and Naxx tokens would be good in MC and BWL. Reworking talent trees to make them more viable would also be nice. Some alternate timeline stuff that releases more raid content after Naxx would almost be enough for my money, if Blizzard was not owned by Activision and pozzed. Nothing else ought to be changed. 5 man and 10 mans in Scholo and UBRS would be nice too.

there should be no raid content after naxx unless there is an item level squish
what they CAN do though, is release multiple raids per tier

slow as shit

Just look at this fucking cuck.

archive.is/DIMu4

This is why WoW became a casual shitfest.

Yes goy, we need you to pay more since there's less players and this server costs 6 million shekels to maintain
Why do faggots still believe this shit when private servers have been a thing for years

it had it's uses, but short of adding arcane blast or some other proper arcane nuke, it's never doing to be a competitive spec
this was more due to having too many fucking fire based dungeons than a problem with the talent spec
Agreed, as far as I'm concerned, Druid balance spec has never worked worth a shit.
maybe, but ele spec is pretty decent.
agreed.
fuck ret. make pallies viable healers and viable tanks then fuck the retribution tree, they can go reroll warriors if they want a plate wearing dps class.

Overall, I'd just like to see every class have at least two viable talent trees, and more than a single fucking tank class. Hell, give shaman some bearform like +armor bonus talent deep in Enhancement and make them into tanks if need be.

go back to retail you retarded piece of shit

I hope nobody here trusts Blizzard.

I forgot how cringy Blizz forums are. OP there is basically a findom paypig followed by a string of newfag players who don't even get the appeal of a classic server other than "look gais its old wow."

Plenty of retards here still trust Blizzard and they need to fuckoff back to >>>/reddit/

You're a special breed of stupid.

The problem is you, me and the chair all know that if they fuck it up they'll lose that potential revenue source. Remember the sub count on retail is so low they no longer publicly report it. The "purists" a lot of the retail retards are calling are the ones who want this. the retail retards just need something else to do because their ADHD riddled brains stop them from enjoying anything longer than 1 hour long LMB spam shit.

I mean, if you're fine with some short term fun, sure but the games are supposed to be long term fun.

Where do you think you are?

I was just trying to help my man I am sorry

They also pay $40 to get the privilege of being shilled to once a year, in advance (Blizzcon).

lmao this Mists of Pandaria faggot is still pretending he played Ultima

hes not wrong though

WoW was always shit, is shit and always will be shit.

Why are you talking about yourself in third person?

the cancerous retail player never stop being retards

That`s bait, obviously

leveling a warlock currently 40 and its prerry fun so far leveling got really shitty at 20-30 but once i got into the 30s shit picked up i hope rhe retailfags dont fuck up the classic servers vannila is a really chill game to play with friends and i dont want that to be ruined

Got banned from cuckchan Holla Forums for shit talking Alexensual.

Go back to cuckchan, i am sure there are alot of other boards for you.

In what fucking way is that off-topic?

go back and i hope you were using a vpn since you did not hide you ip

Choose one.

It's been years, lad, I don't want to go back, I like my home away from trannies and ERPers. Just surprised half's mods continue to outdo themselves on a daily basis.

After the neofag debacle I don't see how anyone can be surprised.

I don't want to go back, it's terrible there.
Please take me in.

Lurk.

you'd fit in with infinity.

That being said it seems the CM that's supposed to be watching this shit is basically parking their fat ass on the wow subreddit which is mainly all retail children and most of them are probably cata babbies.

us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759515769?page=1

all I can say is WEW

N O H Y B R I D T A X

== HOPE == ?

archive.is/AIh6H

tl;dr
base on this : seems like blizz will not listend to the troll or retail fanboy.
all the "balance" or "change" are about how to define the best vanilla because release vanilla =/= pre TBC vanilla.

Nigga what are you doing.

making you react. if i didn't would you have commented ? but yea i fucked up red text and decide to let it be

luph pls go
ZG shouldn't need to be released at the same time as MC since it was intended as a catchup raid(unless they make ZG as hard as MC), hybrid tax is worth having because hybrids can do things other than their primary role when it is called for(not just buffing), casters are strong enough early on, and the quality of life stuff don't need to be there, except idk what you meant about mailboxes

I know they will charge subscriptions because Blizz but if it's cheap I might get in to finish the raids I never finished before BC dropped.

It's casual as fuck now but that wasn't always the case.

I miss Ultima Online.

Did everyone forget ZG launched with shit blue gear and they buffed it later?

you mean it never had any epics at one point?

This. WoW gameplay has always been tedious and never challenging. All these 25-35 yo faggots are trying to recapture the fun they had in vanilla and it's simply not going to happen.

Never ever. Look at what happened to Dawn of War 3. It's going to be the same thing. Blizzard will most likely turn it into an ASSFAGGOTS rip off and tarnish the image forever.

You mad faggot?

What's Paladin like in Vanilla?
I'm thinking of rolling one and, before anyone says anything, I am more than happy to heal in raids.
When I get some decent gear, is Shockadin a viable spec or is it a meme?

prot paladin can be use to fool around but not viable in raid (and many call them trash)
but paladin are Op healer so if you take one and want to be usefull go holy
retribution are meh IIRC

paladin being better in TBC is what make me love TBC so much

Will I be able to smite heathens?
I don't mind if certain classes have an advantage over me but I would like to at least stand a chance in PvP.

Anything that was wrong in vanilla was fixed in Burning Crusade. That was actually the best iteration of the game.

Except flying.
Flying was a horrible idea.

worst thing about TBC was it made Azeroth irrelevant.

I agree.
I don't like Blood Elves or Draenei either but that might be an unpopular opinion.

It's more that your enemies will succumb to old age fighting you.

So I wont get picked on while levelling due to the hassle of killing me?

Honestly all WoW races are pretty shit. They coped everything from Warhammer and they still managed to fuck it up.

Yes please. I want to spawn infernals in the auction house, spread the blood plague, and all sorts of other crazy glitches like aoeing the people in gadgetzan.

one of the main benefit are not being targeted by similarly-leveled rogues, except the ones that are super pro like the guy who starred in world of roguecraft

You know, I forgot all about that stuff.
I think we should start on the first patch.

By the way, when do Warlocks get the ritual to summon that nasty demon?

I heard Rogues are dogshit against classes with high armour, is that true?

True

rogues are typically taken down by warriors and moreso by paladins
they can beat warriors if they're good though, and they gotta be even more good to beat paladins

They are capable of killing a paladin if they have cloth armor.

If the paladin is in plate armor, the rogue will mostly waste a lot of time trying to kill them. Paladins are not strong in terms of giving out damage but being tanky makes them the hardest thing to kill for a rogue with all their healing.

I hope that glitch on nost where you can spam click the altar to spawn a hundred of them is on the classic server.

level 60, from either casting curse of doom on an enemy and landing the killing blow with that spell(10% chance), or getting a grimoire of doom from the trash mobs near kazzak, or by doing a quest chain involving dire maul: east and the places near kazzak; both of the latter means are a 100% chance and involve the altar

wait, if plate paladin can be so resilient why can t they tank in raid ? do they have issue with keeping agro?

That plus paladins require mana to cast their spells and the best plate tank gear did not have any int, so you ran into the problem of having to use worse gear and be uncapped (in other words get crit by the boss) just so you can use your abilities for longer, or be capped and run out of mana quickly, losing aggro

yes actually they do; they also have mana problems

they can have great AOE aggro and can create huge threat.
But they have no taunt.

Personally I see no reason that DM or Mauradon can't be there on launch. It's a lot less fun going there when you're already decked out in full MC gear.

the existence of DM makes MC alot easier
mara on the other hand only has a handful of items that aren't outclassed by items from higher-level dungeons, most notably the blackstone ring

healing pallys never go OOM (if your on the naxx patch) because a healing crit refunds your mana which is huge. Most efficient tank healers in the game

Ret can get some shit done in endgame pvp but it takes reckoning stacks, the on demand stun makes you a huge asset

Prot can tank strath and scholo, maybe ubrs, but no real raids that require the tank to be at or near defense cap

Hearthglen tomorrow, boys.
hearthglen.org/news

I mean some of these changes I like but

How about no.

What's the point?

GTFO and killyourself

For fun and not burning yourself out if you want to play several classes before classic.

better play tbc then

I'm really looking forward Classic.
Though I can't play Lights Hope for some reason.
Whenever I try and make an account it says my email is taken, even my back-up email, but I never signed up for Lights Hope.
I definitely didn't use my back-up email because it's for job applications only.

There are no good tbc private servers.

and itll probably be buggy too

It's using the same core as Light's Hope, but that isn't really saying much lol

Warmane Outland is shit?

Lights hope is using some of the same data as elysium, so it might recognize your account. Shits all fucked tho

pure dogshit

The fuck…

Why is it bad other than the (((cashshop))) and the retarded devs? last time I played warmane WOLTK it was nothing but Gearscore Epenn bullshit with no sense of community. I'm guessing TBC is the same?

and you are saying this
is better ?

fuckin brainlets

Larellia sat in a quiet corner of the library, waiting for her stomach to settle. She hadn’t felt well for the past few hours, but had been trying to push past it and continue her research. Now, however, all she could think about was how sick she felt. A sudden hiccup made her taste bile, and she clapped both hands over her mouth as she gulped back the hot material rising in her throat.

It worked, for the moment. She felt even more horrible than before, however, and the sour taste of sickness in her mouth was overpowering.

She sat absolutely still, trying to remember the location of the nearest ladies’ room. It wasn’t far, and she tried to compose herself as best she could before rising from her chair.

A rasping heave overcame her as she began to stand, and she instinctively bent forward to avoid getting vomit on her dress. A chunky flood of her half-digested breakfast spattered onto the floor tiles.

She gasped, coughed, and immediately threw up again.

She was sure everyone in the library had heard her, and she hurried to gather up her things and leave before someone came to investigate.

Her stomach continued to revolt, however, and she bent over the horrid mess already on the floor with a hoarse belch. Another mouthful of thick vomit plopped onto the pile. She moaned and wiped the slime off her chin with the back of her hand, then fled the scene on shaky legs.

Finally got onto my account!
Nice to have access to my level 28 Druid again.

That sounds awful.

I'm sure ill end up picking it up when it launches, but only if there is no pay 2 win shop, ill like to see how many normalfags play it day one, realize its too hard, and go back to ez mode wow

thank god so all the balance fags will shut up

apparently someone remembers how cool it was to have to actually put a group together

dungeon/raid finders made it impersonal and defeated the whole point of the massive part of mmo.

that's my point. i still remember one guy on my old vanilla server who made a chat channel for people looking for dungeon/raid groups, facilitated people getting together, helped gear up newbies, explained how to get around, escorted people to discover new flight paths etc. he was like some weird matchmaking quartermaster and he was one of my three favorite memories of vanilla. once they added the dungeon/raid finders nobody ever left their capital city unless they wanted to go fishing or something

If she works at an hvac company then she told me all about it in the interview

Didn't ASSFAGGOTS originate in Warcraft 3?

Oh shut up faggot, I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t even be able to navigate yourself through Silverpine forest.

Dire Maul had some dope atmosphere.

As a custom game.

From what that blue post said looks like the retail shitters aren't gonna get their way after all. Still gotta content with the hurt feelings brigade.

If Blizzard ever decides to make War4, the main focus of the game will be Coop mode. It can easily support micro-transactions and the Coop mode in SC2 is the most popular mode versus all other modes(Campaign, Multiplayer, and Custom) combined.

I know that's probably fanart, but it just reminded me how much I hate the direction Warcraft's art style took.
Still not as bad as what happened to TF2, I guess.

I'll okay with you user.

*play..polite sage for trash phone keyboard

That give me a little bit more hope. I'm not sure I really care what patch they start at though. I'd be fine starting from the beginning, but I hope they fix the glitches and stupid shit (not exploits though).

Yeah, there was a noticable decline in the art style around the time the firelands stuff started during cata

That became glaringly obvious after dragon soul was entirely made up entirely of reused assets, except the last boss, which sucked anyways.

That's a different issue, their environmental artists were clearly too busy working on the next expansion. Heaven forbid they spend some of their billions on having dedicated live and expansion teams.

I want to be able to climb into Hyjal. I love exploring that shit

It adds to the general aesthetic though, but yeah even their new art was pretty bland at best.

I'd consider that more of an exploit. They could also just add hyjal at some point. It would be cool if they added things that were planned for vanilla, but we're scrapped. Of course, that would take a long time, but it would be neat.

Anyone know what this bar is and how I can get it to fuck off?
I'm using X-Perl but when I /fstack the bar it comes up as Nil.

that's a castbar addon not related to x-perl

I forget the addon name. but I had it at one point as well. you have to move it around in that addon's settings

Thanks, at least I have an idea of what to look for.

yeah AFKing while someone else spammed or you spammed LFM UBRS 2DPS/HEAL PST FOR INV for like 3 hours was great.
I watched so much porn while waiting for groups to form because you really can't do anything else while spamming chat in major cities

A lot of the "we need change" faggots are sperging in the forums. Some advocating sending "purists" death threats.

I just wanted to play video games.