New Valkyria Chronicles game

VALKYRIA CHRONICLES 4

Details coming on November 20th:
portal.valkyria.jp/new/en/

Revolution came and went like it supposedly deserved. No signs of 2 + 3 being ported. And here I thought the franchise was dead. Are they going to fuck it up again? Will we still be denied from protecting the game's best girl's smile?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/RPGSite/status/929915561827434496
portal.valkyria.jp/new/public/img/chara-threeday.png
portal.valkyria.jp/new/public/img/chara-fourday.png
sega.jp/topics/171113_soft_2/
youtube.com/watch?v=LGL5EzrHm_U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

oh boy

WHERE ARE MY VC2&3 PC PORTS SEGA?!
WHERE IS MY VC4!?

Please don't be mobile, handheld or VR.

Will be outsourced low-effort garbage like the past two games because Overworks doesn't exist anymore.

Explain this, then: twitter.com/RPGSite/status/929915561827434496

Colour me cautiously optimistic, emphasis on cautious. Will they know what they're doing with the plot this time? I half wonder why they never just pulled a Final Fantasy and spun a new setting with similar imagery and themes

who gives a fuck about THAT!?
I just want bigger maps, the ability to deploy more tanks, ships, airplanes and artillery and get intelligent AI!

It will be a switch exclusive, have a school setting and pseudo action based gameplay.

Its going to be a mobile game, just watch.

This series has had only one good game. I have absolutely no expectations from this, and neither should you.

I want to start a family with Alicia.

Fuck this gay earth.

YAMEROOOO

The signs point to yes user. Have you seen valkyria 2 and 3?

Will I get to romance the ara ara? If not, no buy.

This tbh. I fucking loved VC 1.

(checked)
this

is bullet girls any good?

This is gonna be the same shit as the 'The World Ends With You' countdown, isn't it?

Someone post that Valkyria image about "what you want" and "what you get".

Honestly, how hard can it be to make a fun shooter game with schoolgirls, and why is there no Upotte!! game.

2 is worth a try to see if it's your sort of guilty pleasure but they're pretty miserable games. They aren't translated but you can get by without it somewhat if that's an issue.

whut?

no, dont go near that garbage, user.

This is probably it, then. My hype has suddenly switched gears to dread for the 20th.

Here you go.

Thanks user. why does it have to be this way?

can someone explain this image to me

I'm almost hoping it's a Switch port, just so I can play that comfy game again on the go whenever I want.
But a brand new game would be fine too.
It will be mobile shit though so whatever.

Play any jrpg with a generic blonde or brown haired heroine on the cover with no relationship mechanic.

You want the ara, you get the young girl.
Aras do not get enough love.

If its some switch garbage then I'm out.

Did someone really casually destroy what was probably a hundred+ dollar toy?

That one in particular probably isn't too expensive.

you never get the big breast girls, you always get the jailbait.
they also have a tendency to kill all the big breast woman.

What they did to Selvaria was criminal.

But lolis never win.

fuck that shit, those faggots already ported the damn game to ps4 expecting everyone to buy it AGAIN

Also that Sonico looks pretty QUALITY to me.

I'd do criminal things to her.

So FF7 was so successful because it did the exact opposite?

>tfw i played Valkryia Revolution just to see the panstu shots

The fap i never regret.

Looks like a diaper. Is there something you're not telling us, user?

Is there a reason why anime babes holding rifles are not allowed to be placed in settings that don't look like high fantasy? Why is there no other WWI/WWII jrpg?

because women holding rifles in anything other than a fantasy is a fucking disaster and the gooks still have the good sense to know that is true

I'd be down if they considered Hispanics their own race and I could find a light-skinned qt Argentinian with just swarthy enough skin to get by as its own race. Then my children will probably be white

Can we have a real one this time?

Switch would actually be fine. Just don't force me to play it on a tiny screen on something weaker than a PS3. It's not like the art style really needs a lot of horsepower to look good.

Don't mistakenly ascribe 3DPD female traits to 2D females.

I HUNGER FOR MORE MATURE MAIDENS
WHICH HAPPEN TO REMAIN ALIVE, THANK YOU

Mark, please.

I misread and thought it was a fourth Valkyrie Profile. I'm kinda sad now.

Know that feel, Rune Factory does this a lot.

Oh man I love Valkyria Chronicles!

Remind me again why this is a good game? Besides the waifu factor of course.

Its NuCom before NuCom was a thing

I do remember getting that kinda vibe, and the actual gameplay seemed cool, but would it actually be possible to play the game and not get annoyed by the cliche storyline?

This only applies to the first few missions though, where the protag has to lead a local militia against some enemy scouts. After that the MC is properly trained and gets put in charge of an actual military unit.
I don't know about the sequels.

You can skip every cutscene in the game.

also
The game's equivalent of Russians are the ones with the concentration camps. The Darcsens actually were justified in most of their persecutions due to them being considered as the primary instigators and destroyers of the continent until near the end of the game as well. They also have a traitor for a queen. If you think they're the equivalent of WW2 Jews then you probably take vidya too seriously tbh

>>>/out/

Explain what would be so bad about that, other than making you feel bad for buying a Bloodborne box.

all the citizens in galia have mandatory military school
in VC2 the MC is an idiot that gets put with other idiots in the lowest shitty class in the school, but surprise they are the best squad and save galia.
In VC3 they are all criminals that do the super secret missions.

>>>/cuckchan/

Thank god.
I remember these scouts.. They looked fuckin ready for war to me and protag took em on with just himself and his lady friend.. Bit annoying, but I may just go back and persevere.

I'd rather not have to do this incase the story gets good, or I miss some important exposition.

It was more offensive to me that the game was kinda portraying itself as a reimagining of world war 2, but with the offensive part being the illogical anime-tier weapons, armor and vehicles what the fuck is that lance thing!? instead of the standard kit, which I actually thought was more cool, was realistic, and actually made sense from a logistical viewpoint and a user's perspective. I don't hate people trying to be creative by itself, I just tend to dislike creative ideas that I personally think are shit.
Jumping the gun a bit there. I actually thought the invading faction more closely resembled Nazi Germany, but obviously located within the Russian area instead. The smaller country was supposed to represent Poland I suppose.
I do, because I'm sick of one of my all-time favourite pastimes being ruined. I know this isn't EA tier or whatever, but still.. My mind made the association with Historical Revisionism, and I got turned off. It was probably my second attempt to get into the game when I actually got to the gameplay section.

Which history is that? The history of the fictional kingdom the game takes place in?

There is literally no reason to have her stay dead.
Its implied that the Valkyria are mythical figures and with myth comes misinformation maybe they rarely survive, or its not lethal at all and they just lose their Valkyria powers afterwords or they become amnesiac, or maybe some of the experiments they did on her at the lab the emperor broke her out of actually did something to her benefit
also image has more people now

No, the history that, had it never happened at all, the premise of this game would not exist..

I don't own either console. This game would probably sell me on whichever it came out on. What would be so bad about the Switch? It's reasonably priced, and will probably have at least a handful of other games I want to play in it's life cycle.

Image is called chara-twoday.png

We wouldn't have any games if history hadn't happened.

Your criticisms of the weapon kits are actually entirely understandable and reasonable and I can respect them. I think they were okay and I can understand them trying to take liberties with trying to design some slightly funky shit in terms of weapons without going overboard excluding the obvious ones involving valkyria. Doesn't mean they were well-designed, I thought they were okay personally but I can definitely see why plenty of people wouldn't like it.
I'd personally try to avoid jumping the gun in terms of presupposing anything history-related that seems obvious in terms of this game. I made that mistake and the game ended up surprising me for it.

Thanks for reminding me of that bullshit

for

Exactly. But there's a difference between taking inspiration from excerpts from history for a completely new idea, retelling parts of history/stories/facts from history, or both, which is what this game seems to be trying to do in some odd fashion. That's not bad in and of itself, it's just the fact that
1) it's still considered earth If i'm not mistaken, is almost geographically identical, and set around the same year as ww2, implying that that entire show never actually happened in the universe of this game, and that the events of the game are it's replacement to some extent
2) where the fuck did all this wierd anime tech come from?
3) if they're coming up with a new idea, and new locations that are not actually on earth, why then continue to make the story on earth at all? It's going to be especially jarring for me for that reason

I appreciate you being able to empathise with and understand my point there. Very true. I suppose I was just quick to judge because I was extremely looking forward to battlefield one, then found out about all the historical revisionism and diversity insertion so I was pretty pissed. Didn't surprise me really, was just disappointed. That's about the time I went to see what Valkyria Chronicles was about I think, so maybe I did judge it a little harshly at the time. I'm also not really into anime except Jojo, although there are a few things I do end up liking. I kinda like the aesthetic at times, it just feels like Valkyria Chronicles went about it in the wrong way.

You may as well ask why Lord of the Rings looks so much like medieval Europe, if it is in fact not medieval Europe. What's with the dragons, isn't this real life?

What's funny is that I can forgive the weird weps and vehicles, even the ones used by Valkyria and the melee weps in the second and third games. But I will never understand how someone got it in their heads over in nip land that the weapons the lancers use looked good.

When are you retarded tumors going to finally fuck off? Isn't there a 3D cock you're supposed to be sucking somewhere you fucking faggot?

If valkyries can only be killed by valkyries, then why would you sacrifice yours when the enemy still has theirs? This never made sense to me.

I haven't watched anime in almost 3 years; I've been on "hiatus" from it. When I did watch it I mainly stuck to old shounen and any form of seinen. I have a stupid amount of anime on my backlog that I probably will never get to because I just do not feel the urge to watch it (ironically enough Jojo is on there as well). Ah well, whatever

Anyways the game has… issues that appear to be flaws early on, but quickly you realize that a lot of the analogies and connections you try to create in your head break down further and further as you progress throughout the game, until you eventually stop trying and just treat it as its own story. That's what happened to me. I was on my hackles when I first started this game as well because, well its inspired by WW2 for god's sake. You'd have to be mad to be from around here and not look for something to give you cause for suspicion; nobody wants to play propaganda.

Personally, most criticisms I thought I had ended up being well-addressed later on in the game, even the niche one of feeling like some of the side characters didn't get enough attention and love, which has a surprisingly good remedy for it later on down the line
I don't think you'll find it perfect user, but I think you'll enjoy the game and I definitely think it'll be worth your time. I put around 65 hours into this game according to (((Steam))) and I don't regret any of it, and I'm also quite proud of how well I ended up mastering the systems of the game. if nothing else you feel accomplished by noticeably improving at the game mechanics, doing things your beginner self wouldn't have thought you capable of if they could see you pulling it off.

You're right user, why don't goblins appear in my basement, that's like a dungeon isn't it? Or, how about the reason why elves don't bump into me when I go for a run in the woods!

I can personally attest to Jojo user, it's good stuff. I haven't watched it in a while though because it did get a little predictable at times, but I enjoyed my time with it nonetheless. Still full of plenty of anime tropes though.

Alright, well based upon your avid description and how I feel like I can relate to it myself as well I think I'd better give it the benefit of the doubt and have another try at it perhaps. I'm not expecting band of brothers, but I'll give it another shot. Thanks man. It is shit like this that makes me feel that there's still some hope left in the industry even if it is an older game etc.

wut?

Play the game

I getcha user. I've been having a good year in terms of vidya for both old and new. Its nice to have hope again after how many years of disappointment and pessimism.

the queen is not a traitor, user.

Whatever you say user.

t. imp

Shhhhhh

I was actually going to open up the game but apparently (((Steam))) decided that it didn't exist anymore on my computer

Welp, apparently I started a new game after I beat it and I don't feel like searching jewtube for the story bits
You win.

just tell me what you think happens in the story.

Spoilers
Play the game, or go watch the anime. It's obvious what he's talking about, though traitor isn't the right word at all to describe it.

She's revealed to not only be a Darcsen sitting on the Gallian throne, but she comes from the line of the ones who sold the Darcsens out to the Valkyrur which led to their conquest of the continent and the creation of their religion
So I guess she is not technically a traitor, I consider her so strongly linked with them that its hard to separate them from my perspective. The fact that she also continued this lie up until the end… Eh… Doesn't mean I don't like her as a character though, but that's how I looked at her until the end of the game

The anime was better

whut? the valkyrur needed traitors to win the war?
i though they raped the darcsens, blow up a lot of their shit and left some of them to rule the place in their absence. And made up the whole deal of darcens being worst than Hitler and valkyrur as Jesus.
I dont remember that part of darcens backstabbing other darcens when the valkyrur invaded the place.
And the royal darcsen family needed to keep all that shit secret because they were forced by the valkyrur.

Talking about the valkyrur, I hope this new damn game presents them invading all the nations in a full scale invasion on the whole planet, they are the only thing in the lore that im interested in.
Big breasted assholish women with superpowers bullying everyone the game
Should be fun.

Well fag, please use spoilers next time.
Here's your spoonfeed.

oh

There was an user 20 minutes before your first post who hadn't finished the fuggin' game dude

The only one doing that here is (you).

They are trained soldiers. The country uses a militia for defense, so everybody is a potential soldier.

This, the Gallians use universal conscription and students have mandatory military courses throughout their education

A real one or another shitty ass action game?

With that little teaser in the bottom of the first pic, it could go two ways; it has shitty character and weapon designs, and it's terrible like Valkyria Revolution or it has shitty character and weapon designs like 2 and 3, but it plays like Valkyria Chronicles.

Exactly this.

What is this supposed to be?

The weapon? Warhammer I believe. Otherwise it's some 2d thot.

Who could it be?

>portal.valkyria.jp/new/public/img/chara-threeday.png is up
>try to access portal.valkyria.jp/new/public/img/chara-fourday.png
awww

I replayed this recently and while the gameplay is still good barring scout abuse I forgot just how fucking bad the story is, especially how fucking forced everything feels, bloody nu-wolfenstein levels of cuckery.
>Cartoonishly evil villains at least the grunts
>claim darcsens didn't blow everything up, next scene is a darcsen using explosives I know the proper lore behind this but the presentation can't even properly convey it's own messages ffs
The plot has plenty of issues that I don't mind so much considering the type of game but I just wish it wouldn't constantly fucking spew the same PC points over and over with virtually no subtlety.

inb4 autists ranting about darcsens not being jews and all that shite, i'm not arguing from a Holla Forums point of view, nor do I care, I just found it painful to suffer through, and almost nobody talks about it when VC is brought up nowadays

Weeb War 2's version of a bangalore

I can think of two good reasons.

I have hope.
The series deserved better.
It's going to happen lads.

I just wanted 1/3's story with 2's classes and 1's gameplay, on PC.
I will not even hope, this is not going to happen anyway.

The plot is acceptable at best and mediocre at worst.
I always found it silly how everyone blamed Darcsens for everything, when their only claim to infamy was some event that was literally thousands of years in the past and not exactly verifiable.

They really failed spectacularly with the "racism" part of the story.
It's the most bland normalfag's viewpoint and not once is it given any justification beyond "they did this bad thing during the bronze age!"

I don't think they'd be stupid enough to retry shit like VR.
After all, they did say it was not going to have anything to do with the main series and was just an experiment. I guess they wanted to expand the IP, but that backfired terribly.

Fun fact: Yugoslavia used to have the same system.
This is why the following civil war was such a shit show – every man and woman starting from high school knew how to handle basic things like pistols and rifles and why militias were all over the place.

No series deserves to have a (((current year))) remake.

I think its worth noting that the Darcsens didn't have only jew traits to them. It seemed like they were a hodgepodge of minority.
Like the fact they had a tank called the Shamrock (Irish)
And I've never heard anyone say jews smell bad, though I have heard black people and the untouchables of india

I think you might be looking at some weeb game a bit too hard my friend they just needed an obvious jew parallel for their weeb war 2 game

You also have to understand that the Samurai doesn't really see Jews like we do. Just like how Neon Genesis Evangelion is "Christian", the Darcsens are "Jews". The Japs just look at it and take it as a source of aesthetic material and then inject their own souls into that aesthetic.

What is it, are you butthurt there's an alternate universe where the Entente is useless and Belgian peasants can beat Commie Nazis Tsarists all on their own?

No

I'm talking about 2D, which is rife with shitty high fantasy or cyber utopian or MMO isekai shitty gun maidens instead of some nitty gritty titty kicking the shit out of the frogs down in Anime Verdun. I wouldn't trust the average 3DPD with a fucking stick, let alone a gun.
Also, you forgot to post the polish Defense Minister. This guy will fuck us all up.

Usually you want the attractive dangerous girl with the big bosom and instead get the retarded childhood friend who is flat and not even the good kind of flat or good-looking for that matter.

why do the japs hate milfs so much

Just because she has big breasts doesn't make her a milf.
Selvaria is 22 or so, I think.

Anyway, I'd say they just like that idea of pure love, everything else be damned.
Every single time if there is a romance and lack of player input involved.

Does anyone even like Alicia here?
I never cared about her much, beyond her usefulness as a soldier.

There was 2 and 3?

Since the upload on ehentai and nhentai doesn't have the pregnant tag, source is "(C83) [YA-ZY (Yunioshi)] Selvari Hon (Valkyria Chronicles) [English] {TV & Funeral of Smiles}"

Yes, for the PSP
The gameplay was massively gimped to fit the hardware
2 sucks, 3's alright

Killing cakes is senseless itself.

its not a remake and the devs are nips.

alicia is not THAT bad

I'm honestly a bit relieved at least someone likes her.

I like Alicia, but it is still true that the older, bigger bosom ladies are usually villains you can't snuggle with. If they just got a hug they likely wouldn't be villains.

what is not to like?

I wouldn't call her bad or lacking in things to like, but she does get overshadowed by other characters constantly, so that's why I was surprised.
Or at least, that's my impression of the situation.

The absolute madman.
Can you say anything about it since you're here?
What are the gameplay and the plot like?
Did you finish it?

odds are he an hero.

Man I really enjoy VC1 but they never seemed to learn from the groundwork they set at all. I imagine the japanese market isn't interested in making a slightly more grounded game with characters considered legal adults like VC1 right now too. I'm pretty much just expecting something fucking worse than revolution right now

i could be anything at this point.

Whatever tickles your fancy user.

There's a reason why games nowadays have "this is a work of fiction…" intros to their games. It's to stop autists from sperging out about shit like this, kind of like you. No one here thinks Valkyria Chronicles is an actual recounting of WWII. To scream that it's an attempt at history revisionism is laughable at best.

If you were screeching about a game like BF1 being history revisionism, I'd be more inclined to agree since that game is supposed to actually be about WW1.

It was already a mobile gatcha. Valkyria Chronicles Duel.

I would unironically love something like planetside or foxhole in the VC universe

I honestly liked the designs of VC1 the most because it at least had a semblance of plausibility.
Techs, fencers and Imca's retarded giant sword-bazooka have no place in the series if they care about that.

Not realism, mind you, the series is not about that.
Plausibility.

It was bad.

>No mention of Faldio doing nothing wrong

I don't even remember what he did

He shot main character girl when he knew that she would get better due to being a valkyria. He did it in order to make her to SSJ and stomp the shit out of the enemy forces when they were 100% sure to get killed without her going SSJ. By doing it, he saved the lives of everyone in the militia, including main character girl. It's treated like some unforgivable crime by the entire retarded cast and even himself. MC dude is particularly faggy about it, and then Faldio goes and kills himself to "atone" for the sin of saving everyone's life.

>Welkin, bby, you were right and I was wrong
>time for me to die because my ideals are bad
The ending is the worst part of the game.

WHEN DO I GET TO PLAY AS NOT GERMANY
AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH
EMPIRE LITERALLY DID NOTHING WRONG
I WANT TO PERSONALLY STRANGLE EACH AND EVERY SINGLE MEMBER OF THE ORIGINAL CAST IN PIC RELATED, THE FUCKING SOYBOY SQUAD LEAD, THE FUCKING USELESS AUTISTIC RIFLE SCOUT PIECE OF SHIT, THE RETARDED RED HAIRED WHORE WHO FUCKING SINGS FOR NO FUCKING REASON, THE PIG FOR HAVING THAT STUPID FUCKING VOICE THAT THE FUCKING ZIPPERHEADED NIPS SEEM TO WANT TO INSERT INTO EVERY FUCKING GAME FOR ANYTHING EVEN REMOTELY RESEMBLING AN ANIMAL
FOR REASONS ONLY BELIEVED TO BE ORIGINATING TO TORTURE THE PLAYER CHARACTER
ABSOLUTELY STEREOTYPICAL LE BIG GAI XD,
MUH FUCKIN WOMAN COMMANDER SO STRONK XDXDXDXXXDD MUH FUCKIN NOT-KIKE, THEY WUZ DARCSENS THEIR HAIR N SHIT DIDN' DO NUFFIN, ALSO DIDN'T DO NUFFIN IN THE ENTIRE FUCKING GAME PERFECTLY FUCKING POINTLESS INSERTION OF NOT WORLD WAR 2 MUH LORE ALSO THE ONE FAGGOT NOT INCLUDED IN PIC RELATED WHO JOINS AFTER LE SPOILER THE BLACK HAIRED CUNT GETS FUCKING DUNKED ON LIKE THE WORTHLESS PILE OF SHIT SHE IS, BELONGING IN THE TRASH WITH EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER OF THE MAIN CAST, THE WRITERS WHO WROTE THIS GARBAGE AND THE FUCKING COMPANY WHO PUBLISHED IT
LE WAR IS LE BAD XDXXD FUCKIN FUCK MY ASS MITTELEUROPA ALSO THE WEST DID BAD STUFF T00' XXDXDXDXD WE'RE TOTALL INSPIRIGN FUCKIN COMPELTELY LOGICAL FUNCTIONS ALSO WESTERN AUDIENCE LE GIANT ENEMY CRAB XDXDXDX
PLS BUY GAME GAIJIN IS VERY HIGH QURARITY

you have only yourself to blame nigga
i bought this cus i thought the gameplay to be interesting, i had fun for a while, until i had to grind and realised than grinding anywhere but the latest mission is practically pointles
the game became very monotonous after that and later missions dragged so long that i just lost my patie4nce with them, especially when you lose almost at the end and have to start over again

For what purpose?
I'd understand if you were talking about 2 or 3 since they altered how unit progression works when it was unnecessary.

mfw

i just got pissed that enemies got the level 2 units before i could i think around the mission in wich you get a second tank one of thopse fuckers roasted me around the end of the mission in wich they appeared
so i began grinding to get at least one unit to level 2, but the only map i could get some decent XP out of was a huge sniper infested fucking dessert that takes forever to complete and skirmishes were shit as far as XP goes
I'm one of those autist who reache level 2000 in disgaeas games but soemhow this game burnt out my patience rather fast

What's wrong with fighting elite enemies before you yourself get the class upgrades?
Nigga, the game is piss easy, use orders and don't restart unless you lose a unit you really care about.
And at least try to aim for the highest rank possible.

I guess this is one of those games people either love or hate, but that's a silly reason to dislike it.

You have to rush in order to do that though. I really wish the ranking system took into account more than just turns spent.

Day 4 is up loli confirmed

top waifu material already

It's shit, and it's shit that's present in all 3 games.
There is no excusing it.
I wish Sega would realise that not every game needs to be about speed.

I'm about to play that mod Gallian Crossfire and see how it compares to the pacing of vanilla.

Judging by those silhouettes, they'll be going full retard with some of the designs.
I just hope they let use costumes like in 3 to override the default models and get characters from all 3 previous games.
Lolis are fine.

Also
WHAT DO YOU WANT TO SEE user?

It's about being efficient. You have to be jerking yourself off in a corner to get less than an A.

i'm the kind of guy who has funs in tactics game level grinding against random enemy encounters so that i can bully and humilliate the enemies i encounter on story missions
one of my pleasures in FF tactics was having Ramza go full Saitama on the zodiac braves
some people may say that i miss out on bossfight by doing this and they may be right, but i sitll enjoy humilliating them
and by the time i got around to play VC i had alrready been spoiled by the endles random encounters and hardcore random maps on Disgaea

Welcome to war my friend

True.
But I wish I had a genuine reason to rush.
It'd be fine if I had to pick between taking my sweet time looking under the skirts of all the female characters and trying to capture a camp at the same time while enemy tanks and infantry from across the map raced to reinforce it, or just rushing in there myself and then fending them off.

Not an arbitrary counter.

Fair enough.
Try the DLC missions for extra grinding power, if you care about it.
They give plenty of rewards.

I just want them to actually use the fantasy half of their setting instead of it just being a lazy way to make things more aesthetically appealing
But like, not in a retarded overblown way where the anime style overpowers every other part of the setting like revolution did, either
That's probably a pipe dream

Failing that, it would also be cool if they did other wars instead of every fucking game happening at the same time as VC1 to keep rehashing not-WWII
Like, I could totally get behind vietnam with anime girls

Did you have a fucking aneurysm

Stop trying to excuse shit game design. It's supposed to be a strategy game, but to get the top rank, and with it exp and exclusive unlocks, you have to ignore every class but the one that is supposed to be for scouting rather than combat. It's just impossible to get the top rank on some missions without scout rushing.

Nigga it's a strategy game. What retarded mental gymnastics are you going through when one class does 99% of things in the game and you claim it's a good thing? It's supposed to be about using all the classes well to minimize damage to your own side. How long you take should be part of the equation but it shouldn't have such a retardedly strict limit that only one class is viable. It defeats the entire point of the genre and having classes.

It's going to be shit and you're a retard if you have any hope for it.

inb4 it's a not zombie survival/crafting game

The truth hurts.
I don't care if it makes me a retard, I just want them to make a good game again.

I'm the same way.

No RAITA no buy.

I always found it curious that Sage only ever ported the first VC to PC despite that game being a massive success on Steam, I think they consider the sequels as an embarrassment and the next time they announce another VC for Steam it should be a proper sequel to the original.

It's probably because VC2&3 use a completely different game engine to 1, designed solely for the PSP, not to mention literally every single art asset in both games would have to be remade to make it any better than just playing them in PPSSPP. It's just overall considerably more work than the straight port that was VC1.

Supposedly 2&3 actually do run on CANVAS because it is that fucking scalable, but considering that 2 was so poorly recieved and 3 never got a global release, I can see why they wouldn't bother.

but the whole part of him going an hero was pretty retarded, a simple sorry and a beer should have fixed that.

t. imp

da fuck were you doing? you only needed to play the skirmishes and missions once and you should be able to unlock everything.

im more concern about the gameplay

that explains it, i like to finish the missions as tactical as possible and later when i get all the OP shit, do the missions again for he A rank.

really? they are not going to use Raita?

He's probably upset that they keep killing off his waifu.

They didn't use RAITA for Revolution; the characters in Revolution were designed by Hiro Kiyohara and Takayama Toshiaki. They just ripped of Selvaria wholesale.

yeah, i know that, but who is going to make the characters for the new game?

An idiot probably.

It better be Raita this time, and it better have Selvaria as an unlockable character.

Only if you can marry her this time.

let the dead rest in peace, user.

She was just pretending.

There is no reason for that gorgeous face and that fantastic bosom to gather digital dust on some gook's HDD.
Besides, who is to say they won't retcon her death?

Selvaria is the most popular character (judging by figure sales), everyone bloody wants her even though she got very little screen time in the main game.
The DLC was a gift from the Heavens.

I'd do it.

Oh shit

why can you never get with the hottest chicks in jap games?

That's what doujinshi are for.

Japs have shit taste and blueballing you is their revenge for the nukes

at least you can play with her in different games.

That's why I like VC3 so much.
It pretty much has all of the main characters, letting you make your dream team and dumping anyone you don't want to use into techs/fencers.

I hope this isn't copypasta because this made me laugh real hard

I feel the same but for other series I love. I have recently found out what this game was like and I feel the same kind of shame I had when my own favorite niches became cancerous.
At least I can find solace in knowing some of them died after the first iteration, never to be tarnished again by lootboxes or high school settings.

Is it wrong if i want to lick Alicia's legs and suck her feet?

What do you think?

No?
I'd even have her massage my face as i kiss and smell the bottom of her bare naked foot.

I wanna cuck welkin!

Huh. I got VC1 gifted to me a year ago or so and never played it because I thought it was going to be generic waifu bait shit.

Is it worth playing or even finishing?

Yes.

Says the fucking weeb, at least people with foot fetishes you see in real life have the potential to be completely normal otherwise unlike any weeb in existence

I can't imagine the kind of person who doesn't even try games people have given him as a gift enjoys much in life. Just stick to replaying the same 5 or 6 games you usually play.

Well, it's not that I don't enjoy things. It's more so that I have a huge backlog to begin with, and very rarely go for any games with a heavy anime influence. If I want anime, I just watch anime.

You don't respect your friends.

That's like saying if you didn't play your Tiger handheld featuring The Flintstones that your grandma gave you that you don't respect your grandma.

Plus, I didn't ask for anything, it was gifted to me on a whim.

What about Kemono?

Exactly, you soulless faggot.

Guess I'm soulless then

Well done, the first step is accepting it.

Yeah I'll have fun accepting it while you have fun indulging in Tiger electronics :^)

Pretty sick burn, for a robot, that is.

beep boop Readings indicate high levels of faggotry from your general area beep boop

This is why VC 2 is better.

They're half Belgian, half Swiss if you're feeling nitpicky.

If you don't like it by the time you do the Kloden woods mission, you can safely quit.

What a shit chart.

Scout rushing isn't as nearly as prevalent as you people make it out to be.
Yes, it is possible and necessary to finish some missions by scout rushing (especially if you want the A rank), but go ahead and try to do it in even 1/3 of them without being overlevelled or having DLC equipment.

The Kloden mission is the best example of scout rushing at its worst, but to say that the whole game is like that is a gross exaggeration.
I like how they gave us a little statistic in VC3 so you could see how many times you used each class and it shows how things really are.

2 and 3 have some good mechanics in place, like not having to waste a CP just to deploy an extra unit and then wait a turn, but overall they're not very different from 1.

I always kept my classes at the same level, and yet my scouts had much more use than any other class.

Rank shouldn't be based on number of turns at all, it should be based on damage efficiency; taken vs. dealt.

They're extremely useful because they are very mobile while every other class struggles to take even ten steps without running out of AP.
But that does not mean that scouts can win the whole game by themselves.

The system is flawed, but it gets blown out of proportion too often.

I'm not just talking about capturing bases by the way, but in sheer combat utility they are way more useful than shocktroopers.

You know what was never good? The whole ducking system, this isn't the fucking matrix.

If the enemy is dicking around out in the open, letting you score headshots from long range, yes.
Having resist crossfire is also too good, since you can run past everything.
So for a lot of the story missions they're invaluable.

But they still can't break through entrenched positions and if you end the turn anywhere near a shocktrooper they're as good as dead.
It's flawed, but not that much.

Also, the game doesn't really shine until hard and extreme skirmishes where even tanks see use, but I guess not everyone wants to bother with those.

Scouts can solo almost the entire game. Tanks? Give them the anti-armor order and they can kill them in one move. You now have one tank less on the enemy's side and your scout is somewhere in the middle of the battlefield, closer to where you want them. Had you tried to use a lancer instead, they would have taken two steps and then fallen over and then most likely failed to even hit the tank from anything but point blank range because lances are retardedly inaccurate until at the very end of the game. And if you did hit, you'd have to spend a good three-four turns shooting the tank because a lancer sure as fuck won't be running around them to be able to get a shot at the radiator. That's not even considering their pitiful ammo supply. Engineers have some very slight use because they're the scout's little sibling, with decent mobility and the same weapons. But since you can just use another scout instead of them if you don't need to get rid of mines, they're largely pointless except in missions where you have to get the tank past mines.

Snipers do have some use since they can fuck up any enemy in the open - until the game starts doing the utterly retarded dodging shit. You know what our strategy game needs? Something that completely undermines the strategy aspect by making units RNG dodge and making you waste your turn, movement and ammo. Of course, since scouts pretty much turn into snipers as the game progresses, actual snipers lose their value. Shocktroopers have some niche uses since they can kill groups of enemies with the flamethrower once you unlock that, but that requires that enemies are standing next to each other and that the shocktrooper can get there fast enough that a scout couldn't just rush there and headshot them faster. They have some uses on some maps but scouts are just far, far better overall.

Luckily, they have grenades (and later get FUCKING GRENADE LAUNCHERS) that can blow enemies out of cover. By the time a shocktrooper would have lumbered its way there, the scout will just have blown up the cover and killed anyone there if they're worth killing. As for the ending a turn next to a shocktrooper thing, there are three reasons why that's a minor drawback: scouts can just kill them with headshots, scouts are fast and can just run far enough away and/or into cover, and if they do get attacked they can just RNG dodge it. If I remember correctly scouts also get bonuses that make them more likely to dodge, but I could be wrong.

Did anyone play that revolution game?

Are you shitting me, they have grenade launchers and with the anti tank order they can 2 shot tanks with their fucking rifle.

Yes they can when they get grenade launchers, the only thing that can counter scouts are crouching troops and you can counter crouching troops with grenades and grenade launchers can launch outside of counter fire range.

So just like in real life?

its really fun.

i would vote for a score system were they count, turns, damage taken/given, enemies killed and units lost.

step it up sempai!

Is that supposed to be a battleship?

Those profiles don't inspire confidence.

It's going to be a naval version of VC.

Not sure how else to look at it. Rule, Valkyria. Rule the waves. And all that.

I RECOGNIZE THAT SUBMARINE

If it's like infinite space it could be good; but after Revolution I don't trust them to make something good. What are the chances this is a foolish attempt to push a KanColle clone?

Weren't there land battleships as bosses in the first game? Pretty sure the final boss was one.

Yes, but seeing as the setting in the new game seems to be the far north, the cast operating from a submarine or a icebreaker-ish battleship would make a lot of sense.

There are fucking auroras in the sky in the background image. Kinda limits the range of locations.

Noticed that after posting. The background blurs after the page is fully loaded so I didn't notice it till now.

That's interesting.

The story states around the final few missions that during the Valkyria's initial conquest of Europa, the Randgriz family sold the rest of the Darcsens out and helped the Valkyria rewrite history to blame the destruction and war on the Darcsens and deifying the Valkyrias. In return, the Valkyria made the Randgriz family kings of Gallia and hid the fact they were Darcsens, sparing them discrimination.

In other words, they were race-traitors. And she's a traitor too for concealing the truth and not doing anything to help the racist sentiment in the country against her own people for the sake of remaining in power. Then again, would you expect anything less from a Jew-allegory race?

"South Pole has rare resource, militaries fight for control of it"?

That or it's just Finland, which isn't on the map shown in game at all.

I hope it wouldn't take place in a frozen wasteland.

So not in Finland?

If I'm being honest the pic screams "shit is gonna go down here in the final act".

Considering when she revealed her family's origin to the public in VC2 it triggered a goddamn civil war(fueled by the turbo kikes from the Atlantic Federation no less), I'd say her hiding the truth up until then was justified.
Doesn't make her ancestors any less of a bunch of cowardly traitorous cunts though.

How come these war games never really capture the really gritty and dirty ness of the old wars? World war 1 is the background for Valkyrie chronicles and they just dont capture the look of it. They only capture the look of what a army looks at peace time, neat uniforms, happy faces, no filth. Not in war time where its the opposite.

Because realistic depictions of war are not fun.

Why would you want your waifu to be gritty and dirty?

Fanservice if clothes get torn or they have to treat a chest wound? Wanting to watch a cute idealistic recruit get sanded down as the war goes on and becoming jaded and traumatized?

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

What a faggot.

I want them to suffer so I can at least care for them more. Do you really want to risk your waifu on perma death when you know she can die? You'll play more careful like how the game should be played or she'll just be another casualty in war. Im not asking for a hyper realistic but just a bit more gritty, cause it looks a bit too much happy go lucky. At least art style wise.

Empire is not a Germany, it's a Soviet Union. They are located in Russia, their tanks are literally based on Soviet and French designs (hell, they even have literal actual KV-1), their gun calibers are Soviet. Meanwhile Gallia literally has German tanks and German weapons.

These profiles at least look a bit Raita-y, but character design doesn't automatically equal a good game. You can usually track good games to at least one of the people behind it, and I think the reason the 1st game was so good was because it had some of the Sakura Wars/Skies of Arcadia guys behind it. If those guys don't come back, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Silhouettes on the right kinda look like those retarded musical classes from the second game. Can't wait to take over Europopia with my oompah band.

Japs took a bunch of ideas from all of the European empires and threw them into one country, resulting in the weird mixture that we have now.

I hate to say it, but the designs look like shit already.
They keep trying to come up with "unique" looks and lose on the uniformity that the characters should have.
How bloody hard is this.

Does this mean submarines are the best waifus?

I wonder what the pc requirements will be.
Sega has been surprisingly good with that. and hopefully no denubo

Implying it isn't mobile garbage… we'll find out soon enough.

It's a full on console and pc game.
I believe in Sega.

I just hope they don't go full jewvidia goyworks.

nope, only suffering

I WANT TO BELIEVE!

hold up, user! the galians have the liberty to be racist against anyone! and she did told everything at the end of VC1

more like, the Valkyria race is doing shit in the north pole and they sent a submarine/battleship to investigate and shit hits the fan when the Valkyria are massing an invasion force.

at least the cartoon you see a lot of death, but more in the OVA.

they do that for everything

NEVER EVER!

Defense boost
Evade boost
Shockies cant do shit

1 HOUR LEFT AND PRODUCT INFORMATION SAYS PC/CONSOLES, ITS GOING TO HAPPEN!
sega.jp/topics/171113_soft_2/

oh
SHIT

If its shit I don't think I could handle the disappointment again.

I'm going to let my illness take me if it disappoints.

If you follow the patter there have been more disappointments and "not what I wanted" games then good ones. You guys are definitely setting yourselves up with disappointment

No, VC1 was great. VC2 dropped the ball and made it a school. VC3 made it great again. VR dropped the ball again. We're even on the scoreboard unless you're counting Duel for whatever reason.

Having never seen VC3 due to skidding under the radar, what was wrong with it?

I want my mouth to have a taste of Alicia bread

WHERE IS IT SEGA?

youtube.com/watch?v=LGL5EzrHm_U

on the website

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

kek

Thanks a fucking lot Sega

I see you faggot.

I'll get over my illness. I'm not totally sold yet but the story vibe is pretty good. Got to wait to see about the weapons and gameplay.

Much better then what I was expecting.

Not sure how to feel about that. But it looks like the story's taking cues from previous games and not Azure Revolution, so that's good. At the very least, Blizzard Valkyria is cute.

This one is legit though
Check the end of the video
Who the fuck makes these braindead decisions?
Are they so retarded that they think the Xbone fanbase is the same as the PC one?
The franchise wouldn't have even gotten a revival if not for the PC port.

Fucking Sega

so no pc?

I have a feeling it might be coming later.

You know how SEGA is with PC ports. They're gonna keep quiet till it's almost out a couple of months after the console release.

Nope, just like Azure

What timeline is this?

Welp that expains where the PC port went.

Well, I guess I can leave these threads until something happens.

Nah, forget that, might buy it on switch though if the fps holds up in portable mode.

Now that's fucking stupid. Though it is funny that image doesn't mention Xbox One. Guess that version is US only.

Fucking hell SEGA; I can't give you money if it's not on PC, there's no two ways around that.

So we get to play as "not-Russians"? Sounds neat I hope the machine gunners carry PPSH looking rifles and they do away with the retarded lances and swords and give the anti tanks a PTRD looking anti tank weapon.

Doesn't xbone only sell, like, 10 units a week in Japan? I can see why they wouldn't bother.

I'm not expecting anything at this point just like with Azure or anything thats not Sonic or decade old games.
Segas executives are that retarded

The timeline where Mount&Blade 2, Nier 2 and Ace Combat 7 are an actual thing.

Yeah, the Xbox One is virtually non-existent over in Japan.

Fucking retard

No, the grey guys you're playing are the Not-Allies a.k.a the Federation. Your guys are leading the guys at 3:12 in the video.

Not saying this is gonna end poorly, but it's gonna get messy.

This. The story hasn't mattered in any of the games. I want bigger and more complex battles.

Source?

I've heard this one before.

Have a (((you)))

You don't know what that term means.
No son, I don't think you understand why you are being retarded, just like the retards who complain about PC hardware not being centralized and feeling left out when they're rigs are outdated while buying an XboneX or PS4 Pro.

Most Xbone exclusive releases have been coming to "PC" through the Windows store.

It wouldn't surprise me if this somehow happened.

What's more likely is that Sega tosses together a half-assed "port" and declares it done, no patching of the inevitable frame rate, scaling, optimization issues.

They know they have a PC market, they have PC exclusive series that sell quite well even with the most recent releases being total shit. What they want is to sell two copies so when the PC copy is announced people buy it twice because

From Nov 6-12 the Xbox One X (1639) sold less units than the PS Vita (3023), which is considered "legacy hardware" by Sony. It sold just over the OLD 2DS (1176) while the new 2DS XL HyperVersion 3.1 FINAL sold (10,935).

Delusional retard and a drama queen to boot. Isn't there a dick somewhere you're supposed to be sucking you gigantic faggot?

Endless Legend 2, Total WaWa and Motorsport Manager are alright.

Did you mean Endless Space 2? Amplitude was purchased by Sega in June 2016, ES2 was in early access in October, it's more likely that was already in production. I forgot Warhammer was a thing, but Rome II and Attila were broken shit and literal full priced DLC, respectively. All of those titles are also only Sega published, they're all developed by the smaller studios Sega purchased over nearly two decades.

What have they done recently as actual Sega development? The Yakuza series? Owned Atlus? I get that their main business now is publishing but considering what they've done to other game series they've owned I don't think this will be any good. They're essentially NipEA.

Yeah, I meant Endless Space 2
Indeed
I don't think they'll fuckup that hatd again though after the backlash.
Yakuza pretty much
We'll have to see if they don't fuck
Hopefully it turns out well.
They won't see my money without a PC port though, the only reason they saw people were still interested on the franchise was the port of the original game.
Xbone being there makes it unexcusable.

I won't ever understand why devs/publishers do this. I get the money aspect but they proved the series was popular on PC. What amount of sense does it make to make a new game and only try to sell it on a console? They aren't even sure if the demographic they just sold the game to even has whatever exclusive they put it on. They aren't the manufacturers of the console they put it on most of the time so they don't have a stake in exclusivity. It's like they
think the same people who bought it on PC will settle for a locked down platform or they assume console players are going to buy it because
When 95% of the time they set the game up for failure because the market the bought the first game isn't on console anymore.

Publishers double dipping by doing consoles first and PC later is pretty much standard by now, I don't know why anyone is surprised. It will be on PC, just in a year or whatever.

I'd say the Switch is probably where most of the market for it is.
PS4 is the normalfag platform now

The PC audience for this is sizeable though, most Sega games even, since PC is where most of their European fanbase moved to after the Dreamcast.

I always doubt that with Sega
Even Bandai, Koei and Arcsys are doing simultaneous releases nowadays.

It's not so much that it's surprising, it's that it continues to happen because retards keep buying both instead of just not buying the console copy leading them to believe that that they are different people or that it's ok to sell a game twice through coercion. Buy the game twice, we only pay attention to console sales

Also I don't think VC 2 or 3 3 wasn't even released in Eng were rereleased on PC.

It just doesn't make sense to me to release a game on one platform, have it succeed, and then release a follow up on an entirely different platform and expect it to do well. Not that people age out of video games but most rereleases are probably mostly popular with the people who played them when they were released originally. They may not own that exact console's new version but wait, they sold them on PC, that must be where they can sell more like that. Except rather than release a new game for that same market they release a new game on a new console, which likely already has similar series, which requires fans of the series to in most cases either buy an entirely new console for that game or let it flop and get to read the article about how it.

Bandai is using Denuvo with their simultaneous releases I think a few were delayed by two days in the past so not really ideal, Koei stumbled at the start buy they seem to actually be putting the minimum effort into PC releases. Arcsys is generally following the crowd so to speak but they do ok work.

This is literally the problem with everything, and will continue to be, forever, unless a Super Hitler suplexes the world. That's why I don't know why anyone expects different.

2 and 3 were franchise-damaging handheld abominations so they'd actually be hurting 4 by reminding people they exist.

wew

they were using DLC way before Rome II

WEW

Fucking gooks.
At least it's getting made, so I guess it's fine.
Maybe we'll get modding tools and someone will just replace the uniforms.

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

It wasn't that they had DLC but that Attila was a DLC tier campaign with little actual mechanical differences/improvements with Rome II still sold at full price.