The Van Guy

What all does Jacket do to the guy in the van before he sets him on fire? It seems to censor it through flashes of TV static and his corpse is just more and more fucked up looking on the ground. What was the intended effect? He seems to get it the worst out of all of Jacket's victims, and he's just a random regular guy. Seems like this kill should have been saved for the final boss.
Maybe it was his hair that pissed Jacket off more than typical enemies in the game. It's not like the boss fight was hard or anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

gog.com/forum/hotline_miami_series/lots_of_communitymade_campaigns_and_single_levels_for_use_in_hotline_miami_2_gog_version/post19
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Jacket fucks him up to show how much of an animal he was and how detatched he's become. Also remember this is the guy who drills into peoples' heads, pours boiling water onto peoples' faces, gives people debilitating head injuries and just watches them crawl around on the floor half-retarded before snapping their neck, and killed a nigger by pushing his thumbs into his brain through the eyes. Dislocating someones limbs and then lighting them on fire really isn't that out there for the protagonist to do in that game.

Hotline Miami thread…?

You seem to forget he did beat the shit out of other mob bosses, and the final boss would have gotten the same shit if not worse had he not taken his own life.

Reminder that this is the only good song in Hotline Miami 2, and that the gameplay is a massive step down in every way from 1.

Television static is a common motif in both games to express sleep or dream-like sequences. It's entirely possible that what you saw didn't really happen or the basic events happened but the details are off the mark. It doesn't help that Jacket's coma dream is proven to be unreliable due to Biker still being alive in HM2, so in my opinion I don't think Jacket was actually that brutal in dealing with the Van Guy.

I haven't played it yet. Is it worth it?

If you really enjoyed the gameplay flow of 1, and going fast as fuck at all times, you'll dislike 2. If you played 1 by door peaking and baiting each room, 2 will be right up your alley.

It's definately different, it's more difficult and often in a frustrating way, and it's played a lot differently than the first game. This does not make it a bad game, it has it's bad moments at time, but overall I enjoyed it.
contrary to what the other guy said, the soundtrack is much better in 2.

It has it's moments. It's not quite as good as HM1 due to the level design favoring gun-wielding enemies and the story is not quite as consistently solid, but some parts are better than the original game. IMO, it's worth a playthrough, at least.
Besides, there's the level editor with some nice stuff made in it.

Also I just noticed that the Van Guy's face sprite is actually just Richter in a wig. I don't know whether to chalk it up to reused sprites or more foreshadowing but I'm leaning towards the former.

Good choice but I prefer DETECTION and Run.

I hope you're ready for a window simulator.

Gameplay is more of the same, it's the level design that is lacking.

The level design is an integral part of the gameplay as a whole, so no, it's not the same.

hmmm that satisfyingly disturbing sound the drill made

I loved that mask, I would just play one map after the other trying to kill every person with the drill.

I think it was in his mind. after his fight with the biker stuff should be taken with a grain of salt in my opinion. If you notice he's a combination of the face of the guy who killed your girlfriend and the hair color of the biker, it seems to me like escapism.

WHY AREN'T WE TALKING ABOUT THE MIAMI MUTILATOR?

. . .

Also the weapon swing animations are "off", sloer and "wrong". I already noticed this in the first HM2 gameplay videos maybe in 2013 or so, the WOOSH WOOSH of the first game was gone and it was WOOSH–animation–WOOSH–

The guy had to die so gruesomely for that shitty boss fight.

As anons say, there's a lot of baiting segments, and much more gun play than in HM1. There's a lot less options on how to complete the levels, and that's a shame. However if you can overcome the higher difficulty and beat the game, you'll probably find it enjoyable in the end.
There's also a bunch of well done fan made campaigns

Like this masterpiece

What happened with Midnight Animal?

The angry chink that was making it lost his gf then played Persona 5 and decided to rip it off and turned Midnight Animal into a story of lost love or whatever he called it.

Anime, the faggot getting assmad about his gf leaving him, and yandev tier shit, etc. So sad to see it die like this.

Was a big thread about it, the answers before me summed it up pretty well.

The dev cancelled the project after people gave him shit for turning the game into a VN.

He fucking deserved it too.

Nu-Persona kills everything it touches.

Custom campaigns pretty much save hotline miami 2 but I actually never had a problem with all the windows and "big" levels.

forgot embed from best custom campaign

Since 2/3's of the game is about Jacket pieces together his memories while he's in a coma: Jacket can't quite remember what he did to that van guy and he's not even sure what he looked like because his face is depicted as an amalgamation of Richter and Biker.

He wakes up with retrograde amnesia and the only things he remembers are the things we're shown so he might have thought that what he did to the van driver was too gruesome for him to want to remember (which might also answer one of Richard's questions: no, he doesn't particularly like to hurt people, at least not that much).

The coma definitely makes everything before Trauma unreliable. But in addition to the TV static, it also tears control away from the player until the end. I saw the scene as intending to show that Jacket is losing control of himself.
Lack of control is a recurring theme in HM. You follow 50 blessings without question, no matter what they tell you to do. You fall into a twisted routine of: Wake up, answer the phone, go on a killing spree, go get free stuff from beard, go to sleep, repeat. You have no way to break out. You don't know what you're doing and you don't really care, because you enjoy mass murder. Jacket and the player are both here for the thrill of combat high. He nor the player have any agency in his life, any control he or the player think they have is an illusion. As you approach Trauma, the cracks in the illusion start to show, until the entire stage collapses and Jacket tries to take control, but it turns out that he's still just dancing to someone else's tune.
At least HM2 got the right thematic end to Jacket's story: Locked in a prison cell and blown to smithereens

Wasn't that the same faggot in the van that fucks you up with molotovs? Good, he deserved worse.

I remember being extremely tired of getting shot through a window by a shotgun in the other end of the level, but I guessed I got used to HM2 being like that in the end. After beating normal mode, playing the game on hard mode didn't feel nearly as hard. HM1 and HM2 are just really different gameplay-wise, both have their ups and downs, I guess.

You're wrong though

Good. Fuck him.

Is someone interested enough in the game and the sequel to actually write an entire text explaining the story of the game ? I didn't really like the gameplay but I loved everything else and I never bothered with the second one.

How much of a casual are you, sonny?

Difficulty wasn't the issue, I just don't enjoy the game, I had too much issues with technical details and mechanics with it that prevented me from liking it.

Such as?

It's been about 4 years but I remember mainly having issues with the camera and some controls.

holy shit my sides

No surprise here. Thanks for the bump.

what are you implying?

Okay, I'll admit that one biker level was shit. The HLM2 levels were too open and players easily find themselves killed by enemies they couldn't even see. HLM1 was good because death was usually caused by player error rather than some unlucky crossmap instakill horseshit.

To be honest what killed HM2 for me was the lack of replayability. In HM1 you could redo missions with different setups, go for score, find hidden secret, play the whole game in French and add some difficulty to the mix. In HM2 you have a handful of occasions when you can approach the level a bit differently but outside of the Flamethrower or the combat roll they don't really offer as much fun shit to do as in 1.

Speaking of custom campaigns, there doesn't seem to be a Hotline Miami 3 yet. That's pretty much why Dennaton put it in there. Instead people just keep making crap like this.

Tbh it looks like a generic ass mod.

Every mod, form the serious to the meme ones, are 100% canon.

This post was meant for

That effectively makes Hotline Miami into a multiverse. I'm willing to accept it, considering everything got nuked, which is stupid.

So what do you guys think their next game is going to be?

What?

If I had to guess, a game similar to Hotline Miami except in the old west. The music will probably be shit and that second webm looks like Ghost.

Looks like a card game or something.

it's very hard to fuck up old western music, I doubt the music will be the shit part.

It'll probably be western-themed electronic music, which isn't bad if they pull it off. The question is whether or not they will pull it off.

The entire point of the ending of HM2 was "no there won't be an HM3, fuck off"

A prequel or side story might be possible but HM2 literally ended in a nuclear apocalypse' you can't really get a HM style sequel out of that.

Here's something I never quite got.
Why did Jacket puke after killing the bum? it wasnt like it was his first kill or anything.

Unless dennaton is challenging the fans to try to create it. If someone can make a campaign where manny pardo goes back in time to kill Hitler as the terminator set in 1945 Berlin, someone can definitely make a post nuke campaign. Maybe the setting just isn't that interesting anymore. Bethesda kinda milked the shit out of it already.

It's almost like they were just making shit up as they went along.

He was in the moment right up until then, you know, murdering those guys in that subway station, whole night caught up to him when he was done

2 words Hotline Miami Commi Zombies

You mean to tell me that you believe that Jacket's entire military background was an asspull?

How does it feel to have shit taste user?

No clue but I'm liking the art

Why the fuck would it? Hotline Miami was only electronic audio because 80sXDLMAO

It'll probably be a lot of El Huervo.

Plus most people didn't realize there actually was a function in the controls to look farther then you could see normally.

The only saving grace from HM2 is the music, and fuck windows.

Honestly under a different game Dead Ahead would have been a 10/10 god tier level.

It's worth only for the story, not the game-play.

Which one was dead ahead again?

Sure thing. Do you want chronological events, or events as the game portrays them?

Probably.

because that's what their brand as developers have become associated with. They're also maintaining the same aesthetic, so it'd only be logical for them to have the same general music direction as well. Sage for double post.

You´re not allowed to post here if you have shit taste. Here this is the best music obviously.

Cocain Cowboys

fixed that for you
also best track

Sounds like the crap i composed when i discovered fruity frootloops loop fruits. Absolutely atrocious, not even trolling tbh.

Holy shit, good news for anyone who doesn't have the steam version.

gog.com/forum/hotline_miami_series/lots_of_communitymade_campaigns_and_single_levels_for_use_in_hotline_miami_2_gog_version/post19

Could be something like Extreme Prejudice, which was a western that took place in the 80s

I'd probably rather it be the RDR to Hotline Miami's GTA. It doesn't need to be 80s or electronic. Whatever it is.

My guess would be it's gonna be a regular western setting since the characters in the clips are named after old west legends. But considering it's Cactus working on it it'll probably be psychadelic/surreal much like HM.
Either way, I'm glad the setting is getting some love, by devs who aren't complete fuckheads no less. I really ought to make more progress on my own western project.

What do you guys think of Le Cartel? Interesting how their logo is literally Richard.

Mother Russia Bleeds was kinda bland, though I liked the aesthetics.

pretty rad. I think I'm going to stream this for some friends

Just fyi I think the thing is a full VN, there doesn't to be persona elements, nor gameplay, only text and graphics.Also, it's not called midnight animal anymore

And the art style changes again.

I think the chick is modeled cough cough traced cough after a brazilian cosplayer. And maybe he's modelling himself as the protag? I dunno, but it would explain.

He had a thing for killing communists, but not actual Americans.

look at the horrible clash in artstyles holy shit.

That's actually an amazing explanation. I believe there is actual videotapes of some european soldiers torturing and killing african militia and when asked if they felt something they said no because they not considered their enemies to be human beans in the first place, and they wouldn't stand doing that with neighbors. I think the only problem with this example is that people here are so Holla Forumsminded that seeing black people as animals is already natural, my point is that with the right mental gymnastics you can consider any group of people to not be worthy of the title of being human, and behave as this is real, even in physiological level.

it's so weird seeing him smile, it's makes him look not-insane for some reason, he looks normal.

I'll never understand this. He was a dirty cop, that much is given, but jumping from "shit, that mob guy is gonna rattle me out" to "I did for teh lulz XDD" is striaght up fucking retarded.

Was jacket chosen at random for 50b (and because the general tracked him down) or did he actually order those cookies?

Pretty sure he willingly joined 50b because he hates commies, he had a newsletter on his table at the intro to No Talk. Looks like he joined the group and got phone calls once they realized that he was a Ghost Wolf.

He did do shit for The Son, but that very well might have been because he started murdering for his own "pleasure" which caused the mob to gain dirt on him. Even if that weren't true, many of his methods were still attention whoring
Being a mobster lapdog and being a sadistic attention whoring psychopath are not mutually exclusive.

Pic related.

>MUH Holla Forums BOOGEYMANG ;_; ;_; ;_: ;_;
/utg/ kike go back

what does undertale have to do with pol

Post apocalyptic Hotline Miami 3, radiation mutated people and shit after the nuke in HM2 I fuckin' bet.

You know

Apparently it's not gonna be top down like Hotline Miami. Stated in an interview.

Speaking of HM questions, why the fuck did 50 blessings send Richter to kill Jacket? He was doing exactly what they needed him to be doing.

I wish the game had just a bit more sadism in it.
Jacket clearly hates what he does and tries to be done as soon as possible.

Richter a shit.

Either because Jacket failed to kill Biker or just because "muh loose ends".

He looks kinda like my uncle. Do all schizos have a similar face for some reason?

Daily reminder that the Henchman just wanted to go home

Because he didn´t kill the women, which proved that he wasn´t 100% loyal.

Richter honestly should have put his mom in a nursing home. He didn't have to be what he is.

That's total bullshit. Why would they care about something like that? Biker was in the control room using the computer at Phone Hom, he could have set it up where Richter would get that call. He left him alive in there, remember? Jacket never took the second swing that he should have.

I just want to further add that Biker is a shit character and playing as him was a chore, and still is when people decide to make custom biker shit. Fuck biker. What an emo.

wew

Git gud.

Hotline Miami 2 was pretty meh.

Assuming he is the only relative and cares for his mom, he probably has the knowledge that if you send someone to the wrong nursing home they will be treated like shit. So instead he has her stay home and cares for her himself. He simply cares too much, and that lead to where he ended up.

The second game was fucking tedious. I honestly don't see how anyone could see those shitty soldier levels as fun.

Pretty sure he joined them up post SanFran getting nuked and losing Beard. He probably thought it was just one of those political fringe groups that let patriots band together and got into the whole killing phone calls deal later on. All the characters having military backgrounds is such a fucking asspull though. Would have been cool if Jacket and Beard had it cause it would also explain their backstory, but there's absolutely no reason all the other characters couldn't have been degenerates of their own kind.

Aside from the fact that niggers aren't even human on a species level, this is the only possible way to survive a war with minimal psychological repercussions, all propaganda requires the people joining its cause to dehumanize their opposition and reinforce the human nature of the cause they're fighting for (notice how it's "human decency" when leftists' causes are involved). Naturally, torturing is an absolutely savage thing and those soldiers should be discharged at best and thrown into a gutter at worst.

honestly, you're not even supposed to like the fans.

Because she was the actual target of the mission? If you, as a professional hired killer, fail to kill the intended target of your mission, and actually go out of your way saving her life and sheltering her, what use do you still have for the organization you´re working for?

Also, there is Jake

Would anyone know how to mod the files to require ground kills for melee weapons? I'm thinking about creating a character for challenge purposes. Basically he would be a physically underpowered character and melee weapons would be no different than punches meaning he would HAVE to ground kill each enemy. This would be countered with movement speed higher than Brandon's and there would be no handicap with guns.
Good/bad idea? might even make a campaign centered around such a character.

Hate to double post but would there also be a way to make it so that the doors also knock the player down? I've got some real ideas

I honestly prefer thinking that Jacket was just a guy who needed cash and joined the group out of desperation, and that Beard was just an abstraction of the cashier stereotype. That was my genuine perception of the storyline throughout HM1, until HM2 came along and shat all over it.

I don't remember Manny having any military background. There's also Jake and Biker I think, but yes it was a stupid decision, The Fans would have worked better as a bunch of idiot teenagers that wanted to be cool and got killed for it.

Well, the original point of the first game was that stories doesn't matter because it a fucking videogame afterall

I think people are just butthurt they can't self insert as jacket anymore, unless they are also military. I never cared much about that kind of stuff.

You're all wrong. This is the best song. All others are pretenders to the throne.

How about: Hotline Miami, but as a FPS?

I really need to fix my computer so I can play some of the HM-esque games I've heard about. Supposedly Ruiner and Mr. Shifty are similar and pretty good.

I've put a lot of thought into how that could go and I'd love to see it. Would be really tough to do well, though.

I understand that but the whole lack of story and context in the first game provided a neat atmosphere, only for it to be retroactively ruined by the second game explaining everything.

Why did they have to fuck up Jackets face so badly in the Payday 2 DLC?

interdastign

other people found this good song, so now it's a bad song, you know?

no, you need full awareness around your avatar. first person shooters are inherently limited, it would be an awful game.

Why do you need full awareness around your avatar?

here's your (You) faggot
>>>Holla Forums

I liked this interpretation better as well.

Interdasting indeed, but if they ever made a hotline fps game, it should probably be more fastpaced and stick more to the original aesthetics.

The one where you play as the handsome and bravo cop Manny Pardo, who takes out one billion colombians on a ship made of glass.

I miss the Holla Forums hotline banner

Do people actually like Manny Pardo or is it ironic? Devs intended for him to be hated, but I think Americans actually loved him despite character flaws.