Final Fantasy 6

Anyone else thought Shadow was a black guy wearing a bandana?

I thought he looked like a ninja turtle tbh

I thought he had a single Zaku eye.

Then what did you think the purple thing was if not his eye?

I thought he looked like a smiling Cyclops nigger-goblin.

Dunno, just some part of his outfit. Also, I always saw Grahf from xenogears like my other pic.

No, but I can understand your confusion given his story roles are "absentee father" and (optionally) "the first guy to die".

I always thought he was a weird scuba diver.

I thought he was a smiling black guy too until I beat the game a few years ago. Before then I only tried it briefly.

shit sucked though. ff7 was better in every way.

That was what I thought at first when I saw him. Not like it would be the strangest member to join your party.

Ayo hol up - you sayin' we wuz ninjaz an' sheeeeeit?!

I just thought he was what he is, a ninja. I could tell the first time you see em which is in a bar. He tells you to leave him alone and if you try talking to his dog after he will basically tell you to leave his dog alone too

I played it on a small CRT in 1994 with an RF cable. There was no purple thing.

WE WUZ NINGAS AND SHEEEEEEEEIT

Requesting Warcraft smug reptile turned orc.

WE

WUZ

NINJAS

=N==

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

very subtle. I like it

I don't see either of those.
I'm pretty sure there is a name for mental disorder you have.

FF7 was one of the games that helped to turn gaming into the cesspit it is now. It being transparent Leftie propaganda doens't help either.

Hold on, is that first pic not how you're supposed to actually see Shadow?

I could never figure out what the gold shit was. I sort of imagined him like a living tarnished bronze statue of a kabuki samurai or whatever those things are with the permanent frowny-face.
Back then, I had a lot of issues with the FF6 sprites. Locke's necrophilia booty call freaked me the fuck out. Pic very related.

What's the leftie propaganda in FF7? I never really saw that game as any kind of allegory that had any bearing on real life.

Is it just the environmental thing? Nuclear power is bad because it'll make madmen hit the Earth with meteors?

He probably means cross-dressing Cloud, but i take that as a comical segment, there is not enough narrative to say its gay propaganda.

I was too young at the time to really register that it was anything more than an elaborate cartoon way to sneak past the bad guys. Like Bugs Bunny used to dress up as a girl to sneak past some hunters. It was the same to me as dressing up as a tree or whatever.

It's hard to be in denial if I don't know what we're even talking about. I played the game during a time before the scales of innocence had fallen from my eyes, so I was mostly immune to whatever may have been there.
Can you list some of the biggest examples? I'm actually interested in this now.

Not that guy or saying I agree, but he probably means the part where an evil megacorp is destroying the earth by extracting resources from the planet.

It's even better with the fan translation.

It's the trim of his headgear.

I always thought he was a bearded black guy up until maybe 2 years ago, and I had played through the game maybe 4 or 5 times and played partially through it dozens of times. When I saw the images of him looking like a straight up ninja, I thought they were tweaking the artwork at first.

I never understood the pic here because the face is easily definable by comparison to every other face in the game. I can't even see it if I look hard enough.

They were extracting resources, but I never took Shinra's actions to be very destructive. Isn't it those giant monsters and jenova who are behind all the destruction? That's why you have to exterminate the "weapon" things and kill Sephiroth, right? You never have to come back and kill Shinra or anything, so it seems like the world goes on just fine as it was.
That bizarre pill-shaped exposition astronomer lays the threat as 100% from beyond the stars, even.
In the beginning Shinra seems like the bad guys because they're after you, but Cloud is in fact a terrorist so it makes sense they'd be after him. Towards the end of the game, Shinra becomes basically the good guys and you really like them by that point.
I guess it's really dark and gloomy around Midgar, and that could be interpreted as pollution or something? As a kid, I saw it as "it's always night time here because it's a big city" because I always saw pictures of NYC glittering at night and people said it's "the city that never sleeps". One of those weird kid-isms I guess.

Yeah, the pic doesn't quite capture what I'm talking about, but it's the only example I found of someone else having a problem with the same sprite that I did. I can't draw, so I can't really show you. When she's asleep I don't have a problem, but when she opens her eyes on that bed, it was nightmare fuel to me for some reason. Like I almost had a fight-or-flight response from it, like he'd accidentally summoned a demon into her skin; I just wanted Locke to kill her right there.
Just going by my memory, I think it's because her eyes are drawn far too big, and make it look like she has some kind of skull-jaw or something going on. Looking at the pic now it's not that jarring anymore, but the open eyes do make the face lose a lot of definition. What's that green shit bolted onto her jaw, anyway? She has a blue dress on, you can see her lips or maybe chin there. Is she wearing green earrings the size of monkey skulls or what?

Anyone got the Contra lollipop soldiers one?

I figured out why I hated that sprite and whipped this up just now.
Here you go.

wait, what? he isn't?

This is Holla Forums, every thread will be derailed by Holla Forumsacks who see muh degeneracy everywhere

go away nigger

What you gonna do?
Post some 40k shit?
Or le epik dubs?

You could say the same thing for the theory that Shadow is a kang n shieeeit. No character has a head/ face that small.

Nope, then again I'm not a nigger constantly looking for representation.

I'm not saying it makes sense, I'm just saying that when I was a kid that's what I saw when I looked at the sprite.
It's like that optical illusion where you see either a candlestick or two faces looking at each other - sometimes your brain takes a second to process what the fuck it's looking at, and sometimes its first attempt isn't quite right.

that's a new one

but I would say the pretty literal "we're killing the world by extracting industry power"
where as they extracted life mana from earth to power their houses, we extract oil

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUZ

NINJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

it looks like tmnt michelangelo to me

Screens on a CRT would obstruct and break the solid lines causing a blur effect, the ratio and a bit of an offset curvature means that the screen isn't perfectly straight like a flatscreen, and the stretched size of the pixels; combined with how dark the game's color palette means it is totally possible to miss the fact that the tiny little pixel is in fact an eye.
I've mistaken details on sprites to be even stranger things before through various games during those times.

fellow oldfag here, stop shitposting

for reference, this is what a newfag does

lolno