I have long considered Nethack to be THE de facto Roguelike

I have long considered Nethack to be THE de facto Roguelike

Am I wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

sites.google.com/site/broguegame/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes. Angband is far superior.

i can see that you put a lot of effort into this Thread OP.

Welcum 2 nu-vee.

I prefer Dos ADOM and Alphaman. Run in dosbox fullscreen for maximum comfy.

No.

Is this a thinly-veiled roguelike thread? Because I will take this opportunity to shill Brogue for the 100000000 time. sites.google.com/site/broguegame/
Starter/Introduction to roguelikes, roguelike. Very pretty. Maybe a bit easy

NetHack is a good game, but it punishes player for leveling up too fast. The Gehennom maze levels suck. Playing on a server is fun.
Adom's developer is an asshole who hasn't released the source code.

Well I finally clicked on that line, I hope you are happy.

Played some Cata recently. I kinda hate how there really isn't anything to do other than get killed in stupid ways, or get so strong that you decide how you are going to die.

I haven't played Cata yet. I heard there is some endgame with biolabs and ancient ruins. Is it too easy?
I've been playing IVAN. I think I have
good progress, as I managed several times to beat enner beast. Unfortunately later I ran into veteran kamikaze dwarves and mystic frogs. And I managed to die stupidly to both. You can beat them with invisibility and esp. Even just esp might be fine. But it is so damn rare.

Maximum comfy for ADoM is to play it in some nonstandard text mode like 132x60. Fixed dungeons remain the same size, but randomly generated ones get HUUUGE to fit the whole screen. It can be quite difficult to run around the Small Cave because of that. But that's only for ancient hardware potato rigs, not DOSBox.

*for the level map to fill the whole screen

it was a good day

For me it has always been Angband.

I don't care it's unfinished, DF is the definitive Roguelike RPG.

I hate DOS. Your shitty ASCII art is pretentious hipster garbage that only you hipsters play. Get with the times.

bitch

fuck ass shit

niggers

ded gaem

niggers and spics

fuck shit up

fuck niggers goddamn

fat kikes

fat jews and kikes