Remember when EA made great games?

Remember when EA made great games?

Other urls found in this thread:

escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/issues/issue_14/87-The-Conquest-of-Origin
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nope.

they didn't make'um, just brought the company out prior to them releasing them

Eh, kind of. I liked ROTK more than TTT, they were the best ARPGs at the time they came out, but nowadays we have better alternatives.

No? I literally can't remember a single time they have ever done this since they were first founded. All they do is aggressively buy up and destroy competition.

escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/issues/issue_14/87-The-Conquest-of-Origin

No, you?

No.

Road Rash 2

I did enjoy the hell out of the Road Rash series.

Only really oldfags.

WHAT DID THEY MEAN BY THAT I WONDER

Basically they meant that you should fuck off back to cuckchan.

I think they meant that many fags here are too fucking stupid to distinguish between developers and publishers.
Very common amongst consolefags for some reason.

No. I do remember when they bought multiple developers and licenses tie-ins in the late 90's and early 2000's.

Remember when they snatched the James Bond franchise away and then made a really shitty game followed by a really shitty fps and Rare was not allowed to make a World Is Not Enough game?

This.

All the "Great Games" were games already in development before EA stuck it's cock in the pie.

That's why all the sequels are trash, the original vision gets crushed. The company dies and gets absorbed into the shitball that is EA, the remnants of it's former glories flee, scattered into the winds.

I still get pissed about Westwood, every day.

EA is a parasite that lives off the effort of others.

They have internal studios as well. But usually it's to make run of the mill slew like what OP showed to cash in on hollywood movies. Take a look at Visceral Games. That WAS EA Redwood prior to EA wanting to change their name. You know why they changed their name? Because EA in the late 2000's was trying to give itself a makeover to look friendly to smalltime developers. It didn't work out like they planned because their expectations were extremely unrealistic.

And one thing I can say that EA did right to an extent…was to buy Maxis. Had Maxis not been purchased, the studio would've gone defunct by 1997. Infact, it was an EA executive that suggested that Sim City 3000 be more like Sim City 2000 rather than this bizarre fully 3D world that Will Wright was trying to make at the time. Of course Maxis stopped being good after Sim City 4.

I can agree on Maxis, and in all fairness there have been a few small studios that got their big break… The sad thing is it's always a deal with the devil in the long term.

Pics not related?

I remember in the early 2000's EA was in massive shit and nearly died. They had overexpanded massively so they stopped experimenting massively and focused more on existing franchises they knew that would make money or shit that was nearly complete that wouldn't cost them a lot of money to release i.e. BF1942. Can't even begin to remember the shit they cancelled, but they did end up canning a fuckload of MMO's.