Sonic Odyssey

I had a dream right now that i converted levels from mario odyssey into sonic forces and made a perfect game. And then i woke up. FUCK!

Work your way up, replace SEGA devs. Make dream sonic game.

Sonic's 3D movement in the boost games is fucking awful. So it wouldn't work in Forces, hell even Adventure would fit better.

Adventure doesn't have engine to fit detailed levels like in odyssey. Wispons can be replaced for a lot of places where mario uses his hat. Also Sonic Forces modding will be a thing in just a few months.

Eh, what degenerate neet can do.

thanks for the info dude

Sonic would still be a pretty big flaw tbh

Could also make rainy part of Donk City a shadow level.

How is that a perfect game?

The biggest fucking reason people say to bring back Adventure gameplay so much is because of how smoothly it handles speed and platforming 24/7 and just how plain right Sonic feels to jump in 3D, take off or slow down for careful timing. It has nothing to do with Chao back or wanting shitty mech stages and treasure hunting stages.

It has a little bit to do with wanting Chao back.

Sonic started that trend in the first place, numbnuts.

How the fuck would that work? Mario's controls are actually good.

Yes, but when people are saying they hate boost gameplay and want Adventure back, it's obvious what kind of design they want.

Boost keeps gradually improving, but it's more like a literal speedrun autism game. Instead of there being clever jumping and obstacles, the challenge is all about how fast you get through and Forces has frighteningly shown this to be their mentality. People just want to make Sonic look "badass" and powerful now instead of what he was originally and still was in Adventure.

They would already make that if Unleashed was a crossover game with Mario and the open world level design replaces the Werehog stages. Now that would be the perfect game. What I loved about Unleashed was how it felt so much like a world adventure visiting different cultures in the hubs and it was so comfy just to talk to the NPCs. You could seperate the game into the main hub world to converse with locales, while the main objective is to find the stars/moons/suns collectables to unlock a few stages which would lead to a boss to fight in that country before you move on. Only here, the hub is surrounded by the open world Odyssey level design which allows you to explore, and you can either switch from Sonic to Mario instantly. The catch is that now the open world has more slopes which allows Sonic to traverse using the same physics he had in Adventure/Classic. Mario would still have the hat power from Odyssey. The action stages you unlock would be a hybrid of the usual Daytime stages and Mario 3D World, which you can also switch on the go from Mario and Sonic. Seriously, combine the joys of exploring platforms in an open world, plus the challenging action stages, plus the immersion of the world and of course the music, you'd have a dream platformer.

New Donk City would seem like a great replacement for the Station Square Hub in Sonic Adventure.

I still want to kill whatever faggot is responsible for wereshit.

THIS THIS THIS
Why does no one fucking understand this? I say I want Adventure sonic play back and people screech about the mech/hunting levels or the scripted sections occasionally being bad
Sonic's movement in the Adventure games felt so good, leaving you able to control him at lower speeds but still letting you go fast. With a couple changes and a modern camera, an Adventure-style game with more focus on actually being a 3D sonic could be fantastic. not that sanic team wouldn't royally fuck it up

We've should have realized they weren't worth shit years ago when they couldn't replicate a fucking late N64/PlayStation era engine.

Or a genesis game if we look at Sonic Genesis.

That would be the TMNT.