Fallen Earth/Linux

Hi guys. I love this game so much but all I have now is winxp and linux. I don't know if this game works now on Linux, I hear you need certain drives for wine to run it. I can't test it now cause all I got is dirt cheap internet good for basically just browsing, but soon that will change. Please anons help me out. I hear the steam client is out of date. Does the game run ok on Linux? If so please post sys specs and video driver.
ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1428236
Also if your gonna talk shit about FE don't bother, I've played it be for and it's fun.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=fR06LBUcPcY
appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=10803
mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/
forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/403267-weekly-maintenance-schedule/#entry4461492
gamersfirst.com/download/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ill lurk here and post a few more pics of FE. When I do get better internet ill let you guys know how I got the game to run. I REALLY REALLY REALLY don't want to have to buy win7 just to play this game…but if that what it takes.

The video is a bit old :(
m.youtube.com/watch?v=fR06LBUcPcY

it's very easily pirateable nowadays son

Did you even try to run it through WINE?

Wew is this game still alive?

I told you I can't test it, don't wanna be mean but please read my post better.

More than likely can get it that way but there is a reason I use linux, security and freedom. Now your telling me to pirate win7,lol. I'd much rather not get a pirated OS, chances are its prolly got a backdoor in it that goes to Russia or some other country that will more than likely try to fuck my shit up.

Ask be for you choose to sage a thread at least look at what I post user. You didn't follow the link did you, all the way.
appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=10803

Not ask ment look

As long as its playable for me its alive, I don't really care to play with other people much

But I will if they arnt jerks or seem like they wanna scam me… But I have no clue how many people to date play this game. The last time I played it which was a year and a half or so ago and there was a lot of people playing it. I like the fact that for a lot of quests they don't point out exactly where your objective is like your retarded and will never be able to find it, like having a bright yellow highlight going around it, that stuff is so look annoying.

Retarded.
mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/
Mirror to official MS DigitalRiver ISOs. Activate with Daz or KMSpico.

You do know there are no keys with those right? I don't use Linux cause I'm poor. Its a choice.

fallen earth works flawlessly with wine and requires no winetricks.
t. used to play fallen earth on WINE during the wine 1.6 days.

Stop being a retard, retard.

Yeah but read my link, it says the new update for wine works like garbage

My last choice is getting a win7 OS. I really want this game to work on my linux machin. If I get it running on linux then ill happily post more pics and maybe vid, put if I gotta get win7 then I prolly won't post…so happily

And then the thread will prolly become shit, if its already shit that's cause you have no interest in this game or trying to help a fellow Linux user…

Fallen earth is fun I just wish its pacing was faster and crafting wasn't such a chore. I really like how it's a mmorpg but with guns, and it looks like fallout. When it dies there will never be a game like it again.
I have that cheap microtransaction bike that uses barely any fuel and has a black hole for a trunk, it costed 1.69$ I think and it was all the money I ever put into the game. If I recall correctly I played as some sort of shotgun healer because I discovered shotgun headshots are extremely effective and some of the support spells were creative.

These are all ancient test results and their information is contradictory, the wine appdb is bad for unpopular games. I'd help you because I was itching to fuck around but I have no computer right now. It'll definitely work though, but maybe some of the winetricks are required. I definitely didn't use any with wine 1.6 and wine made immense progress lately.

Oh wait you said 1.6 version,sorry I kinda missed that. I'm not sure what version wine is on but that link I posted says there is still no one to confirm it works or any support of any kind. Sorry

Thanks for the post mate. When I played be for I never had any money. But now I got some and was planning on paying for some stuff and maybe even donating a bit as long as there is assurance the game will continue to keep on running.

I haven't even checked out their forum yet, its been so long,lol. I guess I prolly should

OP has some serious fucking brain damage

Well I found this forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/403267-weekly-maintenance-schedule/#entry4461492
Which shows they have plans on keeping the server running.

You know nothing about me , your prolly the same yard that saved earlier

Dang auto correct. Same tard that saged

Crafting was very long for a lot of things but when I played my clan helped me, they got together and would have a crafting time reducer and you can add people to join in on the crafting time reducer. Not sure how many people you can add but I'm sure there is a limit

m8, first list your hardware, especially the gpu

Whenever I saw ads for this game or looked it up it seemed like shovelware so I never tried it despite wishing someone could execute the premise well. Did I actually miss a fun game?

Sorry user, I kinda been drinking cause I'm so bored and I'm in no mood to make a hotspot with my phone then boot my laptop to do that, for now I think I'm gonna be tucked in for the night, I'm lazy and drunk… I love you user, ill have that info on here soon as I'm up for it.
I am gonna be posting pics and stuff regardless of how I get it to work…

Well if you like wow and fallout stuff that's what gameplay is like. It does have a good story line user, at least I think so

Don't go to bed user, I don't want to drink alone

Lol ill be here I'm on my phone.🍻

What is actually fun about this game? What are the main mechanics of the game is based around? Don't use emojis

Look up on youtube user, most of its kinda old but I saw one vid made 2017 with a derpy horse,lol. I guess what I like most is the crafting and collecting supplies to craft more or sell at the market place

Don't care for pvp much.

FYI- I don't expect anyone to instantly hop on this task right now, I also kinda made the thread to show people the game and maybe spark some interest. I can't do anything really now cause I still need to get an actual isp, then I can move forward with getting the game to run on linux hopefully. I'd say in a month or so ill have real internet. Need to get bills and money flow in order to see what I can do.

I didnt know this game would be siginicant to some anons on Holla Forums. The little time I played it a long time ago was suprisingly enjoyable. It felt like fallout, but multiplayer and actually good. Thats probably why I liked it so much.

Its glory days ended years ago. The new publisher doesn't give a shit about making it any good. They ruined the faction system and the servers are an unstable mess that doesn't even get rebooted often enough. I remember them doing something about the cash shop and endgame equipment too.

It has a huge world with lots of unmarked areas to explore. Scavenging used to be more fun ages ago, now all resource nodes are randomized across entire worldspace, save for the special resources in PvP zones. The crafting system is pretty elaborate, out of all 3D MMOs, Fallen Earth's system is only second to SWG's; it might be surpassed by Repopulation if it ever gets made. There is a large selection of vehicles too, they work as mobile storage and enable some proper exploration. They come in many versions, like buggy/motorcycle/car, petrol/electric/biodiesel, cargo/combat/speedster. I still remember the sense of pride and accomplishment I felt after 2 weeks of crafting my first cargo bike.

Does it run like shit?

It's an old game, you could run it on an 8 years old toaster.

Not sure user, you would have to play and find out. When I played almost 2years ago it worked perfect but I was on someone's pc that had Windows. But a better question is "does the servers they use run good?" Its free for the most part and everything if you pay is dirt cheap. No harm in trying user. gamersfirst.com/download/

If anyone tries it let me know how their servers are working to this day.

I think I managed to run it on a random laptop, although i had to turn the settings down a bit, otherwise the game ran just fine.

It's shadows that tank the performance thought they really do make a huge visual difference.

I'm on wangblows but I've quit the game in 2014 and from what I see on the forums, it's not worth coming back. The servers weren't exactly stable even back then and remaining players claim it only got worse afterwards.

Yeah I read that on the forum that its got bad lag. im still gonna play it when I can. Very few games peak my interest and this game was one of those rare games that did

Hi

DELETE THIS!

Nah, I leave everything I post. No edits/deletes

test post please ignore

How did you find me user? Dang my GPS ways on and this user found me

>appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=10803
Literally first Google search result.

I posted that above a bit and that link is also in my main post in the link I gave. I'm OP

Here

This user says that site is bad

here, i was trying wine but the installer kept crashing. was using 1.6 was the only version in my repo. dont wanna install from site cause im sure it wont support it so its only on 1.6 or something like that. now im trying to use virtualbox, gonna use my old winxp see if it works that way. i never used a virtual machine befor, i did run mint 18 32 bit in the vm, seemed to run ok.

Well couldn't run xp in VM to run the game, so I tried to install xp but the product key is for win7 and the sticker showing it is scratched off,lame. Don't know what to do to get this sweet game running. Not sure how to find product key ether… I give up I guess unless some magical user drops me some good info.

Those links are broken to download those iso files.

Fuck man, I was just thinking about that game for the first time in years just the other day.

Oh nigger I remember that shit. I would RP as a farmer for hours picking fruit outside some city, one I had a few thousand I'd sell and buy some nice gear off the auction house.

I would do that too, I loved it man. Better than WOW

What the fuck even is this game.
I'm looking at the pics, they seem good.
What do you do in it?

Autistic RP in towns (there are also underground pubs), roaming the massive world, scavenging for all sorts of stuff + crafting, raiding mutant bunkers, setting up mining operations in PvP zones and defending them, setting up farms in PvE zones and well just farming. There are also several racing manager NPCs which is similar to the way they handled it in SWG.

If you fags want to try playing this, I'd be down. I genuinely miss the game.

I hate when online games do that, don't tell me I'm the protagonist of the story in an MMO, that just ruins the immersion.

That's a fucking guar.

I would if I could, still can't think of a way to run the game, it won't even install with wine…sorry user

What's the worst that could happen if I run win xp and unhook my drives that have important data on them and never use my browser and just run the game? I got xp on an old tower… Could play on that when I get better internet…

into the trash it goes

I made so many chips in the game I stopped doing quests for a while and bought tons of glow sticks and just danced and handed out free glow sticks

Every time I see a sage I'm just gonna comment and bump thread…no point in sage'n. Pretty obvious mmorpg isn't your cup of tea, fuck off.

So NOT a guar, then? Not a guar. right.

game is too grindy and unrewarding

kek
this is the sign of a trash human being

shit

Un-saging

Prarie chicken and guar, kinda look the same but huge distinction that make them not the same just look for your self

Its like red eyed born dead baby guar.

Zombie guar

Guar the band,lol

Are you OP? That post was just about as retarded as his

Why bother even commenting user? Got no one else to trigger? Well I'm very hard to trigger. So just fuck off. Why are there so many assholes on Holla Forums? If you don't like it go some place else like another thread faggot