Postal 1

Man old Postal 1's soundtrack was fucking terrifying. Like no kidding. It makes you legitimately question an outsider that you're going to end up like a school shooter.

Isn't it funny how Doom got thrown shit at after Columbine instead of Postal 1?

Other urls found in this thread:

atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/national-firearms-act
archive.is/xSd5Y
8ch.net/krotchy/index.html
theisozone.com/downloads/pc/windows-games/postal-x/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Its only because adults back then were pretty uneducated when it came to technology.

mind you anyone could buy an automatic weapon at K-mart for christ sake, but if anything Postal one got thrown out of the spotlight, cause lets be honest If i was gonna shoot up a place Postals's soundtrack would make me do it.

i'm fairly sure that at least eric played postal 1

Oh yeah that's actually true.
HL2

Some years go by and I play Postal 1 Redux.
I get to Central Park's loading music and…

O.O

So I looked it up and apparently it's some sample music called "Is that the door" by Zero -G.

Then shouldn't Postal 1 be blamed too?

You think the people watching CNN know what fucking Postal: The Video Game (as CNN would probably title it) is?

If only Postal 1's music would consist of more than 30 second sample pieces bought from a third party.

Then you actually play the game, hear "HAS ANYONE SEEN MY EAR" said in the stupidest voice possible a few hundred times and kill a bunch of emus and realize that only a few people on the team actually wanted the game to be at all unsettling.

Postal 1's soundtrack is great, but it's all just copy/pasted from a sound library called Cuckooland: Ghost in the Machine. They didn't actually make most of it.

Postal 1 wasn't blamed because Doom and Marilyn Manson were much more popular at the time. None of those politicians were actually concerned about games ruining the youth. Why were they otherwise fine with doctors handing out SSRIs like they're candy?

Don't you love when someone tries to speak from a position of authority, and then reveals that they have absolutely no fucking idea what they're talking about? Kill yourself.

You know how I know you don't know shit and should fucking kill yourself?

Fully automatic firearms had been banned from civilian use in the United States for 63 years when Postal 1 came out.
atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/national-firearms-act

when the fuck did I say that? or even seem like I was, im just saying that I remember seeing guns sold at a kmart like novelty's

Pure ((cohencidunce)))

Why are you such a faggot user

Come back when you're ready to dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed.

Thoughts on the Redux soundtrack?

i recall actual gameplay didn't had the deranged ambient music which is a shame.

postal was thrown shit at but I don't know if it was after or before

The organized drums in the background kinda ruin it.
The absolute chaos of the song is what makes it fucked up.

Before
Remember when E3 wasn't owned by Silicon Valley Jews?

It's really just a function of popularity: Postal 1 wasn't a massively well known game (and was only ~2 years old at the time), Doom was one of the most successful games of all time and was already getting shit on for both violence and ebul Satanic imagery.
Also Eric and Harris directly referenced Doom in various places, played it a lot and Harris even made some (shitty) maps for it.

They really haven't learned anything.

Whoops.

Funny

Typical ethnic liberators :^)

How anyone can live without having heart palpitations at any minor breach of gun safety is beyond me.

Everytime I look at that thumbnail, I imagine stepping outside my house onto the main road. The sky a burning crimson and everything beneath a burnt out black. Agony and fear have taken over the tender gusts of air and chirping of birds. In the far distance I see this, distorted figure of a giant man, its arms impossibly outstretched to each end of the horizon, as if to embrace us all. I stand there frozen, the only constant in the burning chaos around me, the chaos itself a mass of fleeing animals, bipedal; half-clothed; skinny; burning; desperate. And on every face, there was only pure fear. I stand there frozen, eyes fixed on the horizon, the chaos itself washing past me. It knew there was no escape, but it knew it could also do nothing but run. The horizon inches ever closer. I outstretch my arms.

Oh shit

Feel old yet user?

Been feeling old since I turned 20 and dropped out of college.
Fucking Crysis is 10 years old

Checking RWS Twitter they're going to answer 20 question for the 20th Anniversary.
Don't have a Twitter account or plan to, just hope they give out more info on their next project.
archive.is/xSd5Y

I assume /krotchy/ is still dead sadly.

They're both correct though, anybody who thinks you could just buy an FA weapon in the US in 1997 is a fucking retard and ought to be gassed.

Is Postal 2 the biggest 180 ever done to a series?

Hey RWS fellas, if you are still around. I would support a Kickstarter for a real Postal 3

OH GOD SOMEONE TACKLE HER

That video, god damn, it gives me a fucking heart condition every time I see it.

oh yeah the og game now has the japan-exclusive levels and the santa hat at christmas, coat colours and a bunch of shit

20 years, and it's still as shit now as it was then. The only good thing about the game was the main character's voice. Who also does voiceovers for some television news stations.

See

Going back and replaying it now you realize that it's honestly not that good of a game.

Play the remake. It's pretty fun

?????

The gene pool is stagnant and I'm the minister of chlorine.

Postal 2 is the best game ever

Seriously the best
Stealing a police uniform is also fun as fuck

I miss /krotchy/

Those stages look awesome.

For people who don't know about the podcast.

bump

I just looked it up and it's still there. I mean it's dead as fuck but that's like most the boards below like the top five.

>>>/krotchy/

Also been playing through Paradise Lost and have become a god damned lunatic. If people rejected the donation, sledgehammer to the face. Also picked up the Beta Shotgun from the left ground floor corner of Zack Wards room. Honestly not as good as I'd though it would be.

I'm more spooked by the way you type than the music.

What is XX?

I don't know either, is the link broken?

8ch.net/krotchy/index.html

I honestly prefer it, as it doesn't ruin my ears every time I open up the game, unlike the first Postal, but I'm guessing that was just poor sound mixing.

I remember some of the RNWS devs came to Holla Forums or I dunno if it was their /krotchy/ board on the day Redux came out, one of the devs linked me to a torrent of the game, I liked it so much I bought the full game, It's a quite fun arcade shooter, so for what it's worth, it's fun

Oh nevermind
I think I know what it is
theisozone.com/downloads/pc/windows-games/postal-x/

I thought he said "administering"

you guys are late to the party

So redux doesn't have it?

redux remasters the sound for the better or worse, it still definitely has it.

Keep your mouth shut if you don't know what you're talking about, bitch.

Then shill it here Flan
I want a new game though

Yeah. That's kind of weird. Like when I first heard The City's music I was like of fuck this is the last level and then the game continued.

Nothing. Just some birds chirping and that's it.

like the music "adapts" to the area where you are, if you out in the woods, it's more ambient and sometimes gets weird, but other than that postal 1 could have the loading level music bleed in when you're close to killing 100%

That's actually a good idea, dude.

But it works best with Central Park's music and The City's music.

If only you can get away with anything as a cop in the game…

Paradise Lost has a better cop costume though. Wild West stahhhle.

What's the closest we've gotten to a massacre game that goes for a truly creepy/horrifying tone? Something that makes you not want to play the game far better than the threat of some jumpscare ever could?

Even Hatred feels a bit too silly with the edginess to nail this feeling. You need something where not only is the overall tone of the game fucked up beyond belief, but AI is disturbingly realistic in how helpless they make the civilians look. Getting that right combination of having civilians either running away in terror or finding some corner to cower away in.

I would imagine gta 4 with some mods would do it.

They all used the same sample from Altered States, called "Is That The Door?" from Cuckooland: Ghost In The Machine.

Prole here, but high IQ, low income

is it bad that I used to hear these kinds of things before going to bed?
remember i used to hear hellish metallic scraping and the sound of a thousand screams compressed into one, inhuman screams, like someone getting burned or flayed alive
sometimes i would see piles of rotting corpses, or bloody limbs raining from the skies, or flayed corpses hanging upside down from barbed wires (pretty sure that imagery got stuck in there from Predator and Silent Hill)

should i be worried about this

Alright Holla Forums, you're going to shoot up a school. What music do you listen to while you do it.
Bonus: Which DOOT song would be best for it.

If it doesn't go away, you learn to live with it.

20 in Roman numerals