Hey guys I got a question

Hey guys I got a question.

Would you be fine if games had 0 microtransactions but cost $80 instead across the industry? Would that be an okay trade-off.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loss_leader
fineleatherjackets.net/monkeyinflation
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Microtransactions includes lootboxes I should mention.

Normalfags would probably pay that, whereas most of Holla Forums would call it out on obvious Jewry.

Doesn't matter if it's right or wrong, money guides the industry, matey.

Sure, I'd still pirate them the same as if they were $60. Doesn't matter to me.

They're not really wanting to pay microtransactions currently. They don't want Paid Mods, the don't want lootboxes, they don't want EA funbucks for Battlefront 2 either.

Yes
At the end of the day games are a luxury. I'd just be more choosy about my purchases.

Exactly, these companies are relying on whales.

(((oy goys))) let me show you how GENEROUS we are and remove microtransactions, which were shitty and hated to begin with and add 20$ which very few braindead goys gave us onto the normal price.

One glance at the state of the saturation of lootboxes and microtransactions in vidya today would show that it's profitable enough to be perpetuated by devs.

If it was a complete game, with absolutely no DLC or any other way of wringing post-purchase cash out of me–then yes. Games used to be $50. Jumping to $60 wasn't the end of the world. I think $70 would be a more reasonable leap, but yeah, I'd pony up $80 for a game I like if it's actually complete, works like it should, and doesn't ask for a handout.

Wrong pic, sorry.

Maybe if the games were worth a damn, but they aren't these days.
80$ is fucking absurd. As it is you need around 400$ to blow on a Switch to get 1 fucking game with the goddamn thing

$95 then is $153 now. Inflation and all.

Exactly. Games used to be hilariously expensive.
I mean…pirate everything, but if you're a buyfag it's a little easier.

>we got the (((HD tax))) and vidya became 60 dollars
>OP just clued the kikes into a (((loot box tax))) and now we will get 80 dollar vidya and 120 dollar (((limited edition))) runs
GOD DAMN OP, YOU REALLY ARE A FAGGOT

No, it wouldn't. These AAA studios spend all their money on all this shit that doesn't make the game play itself better.

Look at their budgets. It's spent on shitty art and assets they use once, marketing, voice acting, writers, etc. They keep spending money on shit people don't care about. And then they say the game costs too much money to make, and they have to raise the price or add microtransactions.

The whole thing is a giant scam, much like how all those tech companies complain they can't find enough "talented programmers" so they import H1B pajeets that can't code. They basically invent a problem and then give a bullshit solution to the problem.

Their basic claim is
but there are lots of games that cost significantly less to make that are great games. It's a cop out and an excuse to charge people more money. But they will never, ever raise the price of a game, because they know they will make more from microtransactions. Which is exactly why you have free to play games that are making tons of money and no one has gone for the whole

They're already 80 dollars in my shitty country so sure why not.

Man those were the days, now the best you can get is 10% more on selling things back towards the preorder of a specific game that is 5$ more because you have to pay to preorder physical games.

The price would rise in your country too.

No. Games can still make a profit by releasing for £50 without any microtransactions, season passes or various versions.
Games can still make a profit for releasing at £30 without any of these things.

If the game costs too much, reduce unnecessary development costs such as motion capture, celebrity voice actors and wasteful marketing.
If it still can't make a profit, create several smaller projects instead of one large mediocre one.

This argument assumed that a £50 game can't make a profit and this is why we have microtransactions. This is false.
We as a consumer are not passed on the yearly reduced development costs.
We as a consumer are not passed on the reduced digital distribution costs.
Games are not too expensive to make, this is a lie created by publishers to justify their shitty business practices to normalfags and idiots.

Shit man, that's like, Australia prices.

Games already cost $80 here in Cuckada

No matter what happens there's no getting away from the kosher tax.

Not at all. The cost of making video games went down throughout the years, companies just decided to waste more money on marketing. There is no way to justify a higher price and microtransactions aren't here to cover extra expenses, they exist just to make companies more appealing to investors as games generate revenue over time instead of bringing in money once every 3-6 years.

Why would I shit out 80$ for a "complete" videogame when videogames nowadays are being sold NOW at full price AND advertised as being a complete game?
Fucking kikes, the lot of you.

Hold on a sec user. Were they implying that Street Fighter Alpha 2 was twice as good as Shaq-Fu since it was twice as much? That is something I just can not accept!

Needs readjusted, it's like $38 now.

I would pay $30 at launch for a good digital game with no DRM, DLC, or Early Access. Nothing more.

I don't buy many games outside of humble bundles these days.

The profit margin for the publisher of a game is about the same if its sold for $50 at retail or $30 digital. Publishers just pocket the difference of digital sales without passing it on to the consumer.

They did the same with PC/Console games. Console games enjoy about a $10 licensing fee, which publishers get to keep as a bonus when they sell a PC copy for the same as a Console version.

I would if they actually needed the money.

Would you be fine if you had to deep throat a 14 inch cock before making stupid threads like this one?

They prey on those retards who actually buy games at full price and dump all their parents money on it.

This, its about getting children into gambling.

Yes.
It would be still cheaper than microtransaction bullshit.
It is still to way too much in my country.
1/4 of month payment for buying one new game is fucking retarded.
Also it's just pure gambling.
East Europe and I pirate everything already.

God no. They're barely worth 60 anymore. The problem is most companies spend exorbitant amounts of money on the games when they could easily set a low budget and make a better game than using millions of dollars for a subpar one.

Eyup. They one of the main demographics that have more say, in how vidya is made, than we do. In the end, stupidity and mediocrity will guide any market for entertainment media unless retards are culled or sterilized.

Only sensible answer.

I'm willing to shell two hundred for a game worth that price. With the current state of the industry there are no games actually worth paying 80 dollars for. Even asking 50 is too much.

No, because you should not pay $80 for anything less than the collector's edition that comes with the OST and artbook.
Also, plenty of games do just fine within the sub-$50 price range, why can't the big publishers compete at that price point?

I already feel like 60 dollars if a rip off before microtransactions half the fucking time

Hotline Miami 3: Alex Goes to Hell.gif

It's already rare that a game these days is actually worth the full 60 dollar price point. Accommodating corporate greed is never okay, user.

>OP just clued the kikes into a (((loot box tax))) and now we will get 80 dollar vidya and 120 dollar (((limited edition))) runs
They are still going to slip in more post-purchase payments at that price point.

It isn't going to stop content from being scrap out for DLC.

maybe the if the games are coomplete, good and don't bullshit us with dlcs and microtransactions,this $80 price tag would not be necessary since a lot people will buy the game right?

That sounds crazy, where would they spend their budget on then. Actual game development, art assets that doesn't look like ass, and memorable music instead? Goyim you sound like a meshuggah.

There would be no DLC. $80 for a game without DLC, microtransaction, season passes, or any extra cost. $80s per game to stop that stuff entirely.

In short, you would be paying for game + 1 major DLC included.

thank god for piracy.

I cannot see how you think that's what I said. How are you this fucking retarded? I am genuinely puzzled.

this, THIS, AND FUCKING THIS

None of the games that I want to play have microtransactions.

Fuck off, you datamining shill

Games shouldn't be anymore than $40 in the first place, but if I had to choose between $60 games with microtransactions and $80 with none, I'd go for the latter.

Due to inflation games have gotten cheaper and shittier.
i doubt raising the prices would raise the quality.
They're worth 25-30$ tops and even then barely.
I'd pay 60 dollars if I got cool booklets, game manual or whatever physical content.

You don't know what year it is.

2011?

I'm sorry OP, but that's a retarded question. You only have 2 situations to consider here: a customer that earns his own money (from salary for instance) and a customer that doesn't (NEETs and kids with parents)

The second case refers to people that have no reference for what 80$ actually are worth. They may pay it for a shit game and refuse to pay it for a good one or even overestimate how much a game is worth and buy it provided they have nothing else they want to buy. In other words, it's entirely random and you'll be betting on hype to sell the game, the price doesn't matter.

The first type of people however have a fixed income every month, with a slice of it being available for entertainment after everything is gutted out.
Let's say that after paying bills and food, this person has 200$ left. When you put a price tag on your game, he will have to draw from that pool and base the worth of what he gets from there, in this case based on how much it entertains him for the month.

So let's say you ask for 20$ for a game that runs the whole month. That's 1/10 of his entertainment slice for the full month. Let's say instead that you ask for 80$ and the game only lasts 5 days. Then you're asking him for 15/10 of his pool of money to keep him entertained and that shit just ain't gonna fly. Nobody is gonna spend that much money after spending an entire month working for it on something that will last only a few days. In the end, such customers end up having many, many contenders for "games I want to pay for" but they don't buy all of them since they have neither the money nor the time to play them (since they have a job and all) so only the absolute best (to that person) will end up being bought.
In these cases, it's the objective and subjective quality of the game that ends up selling it, the price only comes in as a variable in a cost-benefit calculation and you're not gonna extract more money out of him than he can shell out, especially if you're not gonna give him something fair.

Besides, 80 fucking dollars? Are you fucking kidding me? At 5$ a movie ticket and other 5$ for popcorn (to round things a bit) that's 8 movies for a total of 12 hours of entertainment you can get in cinema. Or between 4 to 6 really good books. Or a lot of other shit that's probably far more fun than a single videogame. How are you gonna justify it to the customer?

Not the customer problem. Like I said, you can't just make more expensive games and expect the customer to support you the same, you're not gonna get any more money out of him than he is willing to part with. All that happens is the customer buys less games, so you better be the best in the market or you risk being left behind.
It's up to companies to cut down on costs in the development process. Indies can do that shit and a lot of smaller studios are getting a lot of success simply by not spending the equivalent to several lottery's prize-pool in marketing and other dumb shit.

TL;DR:
Kids and NEETS buy based on hype, not price.
Wageslaves buy based on their own budget and how much it entertains them, not price.
There's no way a videogame can entertain you well enough to warrant an 80$ cost.
It's not the customer that has to sustain a company's unsustainable business style.

Boy. No.

No, you dipshit. Full games that are smaller in scale and reduced price to make. Not episodic content.

Also, this is a capitalists economy we live in so it doesn't matter that they can still make a profit at £30, its about making the maximum profit and the high end of the price elasticity is £60

What you're talking about in the current year is only in the collectors edition because jews.

Is that really because of the majority though, or the whales who dump hundreds of dollars into their games? Just look at the MMO genre. It's a shadow of its former self, and yet it's still massively profitable. The player bases are nowhere near as high, however now most of the remaining players are whales or borderline whales who are perfectly fine with cash shops and pay-to-win.

You millennial fuck. Fuck off.

one of my favorite things was fighting games would have character bios and the list of their special moves and stuff, now i have to hop in and out of the pause screen 22 times in practice mode to get the fucking move lists.

I'm fine with literally ANY price so long as it includes all content, because ultimately I never pay the release price for a game anyway, so it would have very little overall impact on me. I have a literal mountain of bug-free, content-rich games from the past two decades to play, I can wait 6-24 months for a game's price to drop to what I consider to be "worthwhile".

/thread

This.

I never pay over 20€ for a game, Thanks Monkey Island, but if it came in a box with a real manual, a poster and an ingame map, I would gladly pay 40€. But games are just not worth the money even with the extras anymore.

Everyone is getting scammed so fucking hard on digital copies that it's still amazing to watch. And it's been going on for over ten years. If consumers don't stop being stupid, there is not a thing anyone can do. Let's just keep buying codes on a paper inside a plastic box, and not ever question why? It's the future, what could go wrong?

Even millenials where old enough to grow up with that shit. You're trying hard as fuck to fit in.

A video game should never be more than $20.

Yes, but I still won't buy anything.

No. I don't even pay the full $60 bucks for most games.

if i could pay $80 and not have to worry about paying anymore for any future content, then probably.

>Would you be fine if games still released with lots of missing content, buggy as shit, catering to the lowest common denominator and following "industry trends" and paying $20 more for them as long as we promise not to put lootboxes in them (we really mean it this time)?

I promise to pay $80 for a game once wages are retroactively raised to growth rates mirroring the GDP and indexed to inflation.

The fucking thing would have to ship with all the developer tools in that case.

They already cost that in Canada anyway, before tax.
It's a sad state of affairs when I'm pleasantly surprised just to get the full game in one purchase. This is why I pirate.

So you're a sub-millennial then? Fetuses get off my board.

What if they all shipped with moddablility, a built in mod loader, and private server tools?

$60 American is roughly $80 Cucknuck Bucks.

I'm aware. It's still a full day's pay.

Well that's what you get for choosing to be Canadian.

People pay 10 dollarydoos to temporarily d/l albums via spotify.
They pay whatever the fuck netflix is now to temporarily watch tv

Both of those motherfuckers recently price increased. Release the full, finished, fucking game with in game advertisements of pirating sites at 60$ and start there.
it's all ogre

That's how TV always worked unless you taped it.

Did you know anyone who couldn't schedule in their favorite program or VHS it? Your bullshit convenience argument is now mandatory

It's only going to get worse.

I was just in Walmart with my GF and she asked me why games seem more expensive these days. was was 60 bucks is now 70-80 for the standard edition of a game. I told her that (((marketing dept.))) usually eat up a huge chuck of """development costs""" and they need to market the game as widely and forcefully as possible now to turn a profit.

She had lost interest by that point and I ended up explaining to myself how even a single failure of a big budget game these days is a death sentence for a studio, big or small; as seen with the closure of Visceral Games. I'm pretty confidant with that answer.

I think that's part of it too. Marketing budgets have inflated costs ridiculously, and what used to be a resounding success, sales-wise, can be seen as a huge failure now at the AAA level. My girlfriend barely pays attention to games but she still owns a Switch and keeps buying games for it even if she'd never touched the series before and it's a multiplat game.

We recently picked up a Swotch and Breath of Wandering Around and it's hard to get her to put it down for two seconds, which is nice considering how often she only plays "cinematic experience 3" and "bamham arkham whatever" normally.

I think she's mostly played whatever Disgaea game it is on that thing, so far. Keeps talking about wanting to get NuDoom on the Switch, too. I usually look at exclusives when I want a console, myself. Not stuff I could have played on something else 2 years ago.

No shit.

Don't forget M103, which is meant to give muslims special hate speech protections. I'm not worried about Trudeau winning at this point, I'm worried we won't have a country left by the election.

there isn't really a right answer to this question, but is it

I want to see the math of how much cheaper technological advances have made shit vs. the other arguments of inflation and marketing.

Consider that back then games were made of electronics, ROM chips, and in the SNES's case often auxiliary processors. Games cost that much because of the physical components needed to produce them. The reason the PS1 got popular was because games were much cheaper. Why? Because a CD barely cost a penny to press.

user, OBS exists. You can capture Netflix to your hard drive if you really want to. Hell, it costs less than a VCR and VHS cassettes did in the 90s

tfw

Not defending the bill, but if your child wants to 'transition', you've already fucked up as a parent.

If the game was good.
For an individual the game is worth only as much as they're willing to pay for it.
I'd pay 100 bucks for a proper Wiz 8 remaster. I wouldn't pay even 1 cent for dark souls.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loss_leader

Speaking of microtransactions, did any of you hear about what EA did with Battlefront 2?
You have to pay to play as Darth Vader.
People flipped, then EA went to Reddit to defend their choice.
It's currently the most downvoted thing ever posted on Reddit. You know you've fucked up when even ledditors are shitting on you.

Tell your boss games are never worth more than $20.

There's literally no reason for them to stop what they're doing. GTAV was the most expensive game to produce at $272m, after 4 years it's still making $700m a year from shark cards alone. Keep in mind they also made $800m on the first day of sales, breaking $1b after three days.

Companies have realized they've literally made a scheme that takes real money and gives people fake money that lets them buy fake items. They're learning how to market it better, they're carefully learning just how far they can push these free money machines, and they're never going to stop. Making an extra $20 on each one off sale is worthless in comparison to having some sucker pay $20 every 3 months when you release new, pointless content.

Or I can just buy games on sell or
PIRATE

Fuck off.

I don't buy or even pirate AAA detritus in the first place. The future lies with the few indie developers who give a damn.

That's what you would be PAYING for. 60+20 are the prices of the average day one and dlc.

Not what you would be GETTING, you fucking nigger shill.

It doesn't matter what we're fine with. Companies will make more money with micro transactions and season passes than just charging a flat rate. So it's not going away.

If they made more money charging a flat rate, then they would charge the flat rate.

>we got the (((HD tax))) and vidya became 60 dollars

This. Also they actually had to release a playable game on launch instead of patching it later. Modern AAA games are broken as fuck several months, sometimes years, after release.

You shouldn't pay anything for a game that doesn't give you a demo of the first level.

Why not charge $80 for a game and include microstransactions? $120 for the collectors edition (game sold separately)

Are you sure you are not a jew ?

Games already go for 100 bucks for me. It's gotten me to not buy triple A games anymore and really think about whether or not a game is worth the money, it never is since games are shit now. Its had the same effect on most of my family who play vidya too. We're not hurting for cash, but who would want to spend 100 bucks on assassins creed origins or fucking wolfenstein. Useless.

fineleatherjackets.net/monkeyinflation

Games look more impressive, but the gameplay and challenge has regressed to worse than the Atari.
To spend more than the current adjustment for the Monkey Island Rule though I don't know how accurate it is, you can adjust for inflation but you also need to consider the cost of living and how many hours you'd need to work to afford the game- a game would have to be special. Flawless presentation, plenty of hours or play (including replay value if any), on top of an engaging challenge.
A lot of the stuff you see AAA pump out is only worth $35 bucks.

Are you so fucking retarded that you actually believe that games cost $60 as some sort of universal constant and thus any change to that is an additional charge instead of inflation?

YOU

FUCKING

RETARD

This is the definition of a slippery slope. Then they'll just come up with some other bullshit like "minipurchases" and say "Would you be fine if games had 0 minipurchases but cost $100 instead across the industry? Would that be an okay trade-off."
It'll keep happening. I guarantee it.

No. The industry has shown little restraint so I feel if this shit came to be, we'd just see the same half-baked shit we always do. And then the industry will claim that's not enough. For that kind of jump in price, I feel it would require a level of trust I don't think any company in the industry right now can afford. Especially considering there didn't NEED to be this shit, they just chose to have it and claimed it was out of poverty. Why the fuck would I pay more just to have something that should never have been there in the first place removed?

Games are getting cheaper to make, profits have been going up due to retail costs going down thanks to Internet purchasing and other factors. Video is my citation, game profit margins are increasing and they are just doing this to increase it.

They're too jewish to leave it at that. They'd probably add microtransactions on top of the increased price in few years anyway.

Comparing carts that last forever, come with their own built in storage and often come with full color illustrated manuals to discs in the cheapest plastic case legally allowable with a single sheet of paper to advertise it's own DLC isn't really fair.

Do you stroke her feminine penis? you fuckin faggot

We used to have games at $60 with no microtransactions and free online multiplayer. You know how this happened? Because developers only spent money on shit that mattered. Now we got stupid shit like
>(((Hollywood))) actors
>(((Publishers))) who aren't content with making a profit, they need it to profit at least 8x what it cost to produce otherwise they'll burn down your studio

Until the internal battery runs out and your save files don't save anymore.

High time we started doing shit differently tbh.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't it be more financially sound to buy games long after their release?

Sit on your money until they devalue. It would send a message to studios that they're overcharging us.

Replacing an internal battery is easy.

No because they used to be $60 without microtransactions

No, 60 dollars is already way too much. They are lucky they are even getting that with the absolute disregard for quality they have.

I'm much readier to pay a higher price up front for a game that doesn't have microshits

My fucking sage disappeared.

Least I can do is check em. Where is it?

back when that was worth $90 in today's money

One might think that adjusting for jewry inflation is necessary for the industry, but simple economics dictates that supply and demand is ultimately the driving factor. There is a lot of demand for games, but there is even more supply than ever. Every year Steam breaks its own record for how many new games are added to the storefront. There is far too much shit demanding your attention, and not enough hours in your life to devote to all of them. Higher supply means prices have to come down to attract customers. Some of them go all the way and are free to play.

Fuck off Reddit. This is why dev kikes do this shit.

How about fucking neither? But if you must have one, have microtransactions, but no P2W shit. Make it the player's choice, and don't shoehorn it in anybody's face. And no fucking gambling.

No.
Major studios should downsize, lay off a solid 50% of their useless libtard workers, and only produce games that will turn a profit with a $40 price tag and no microtransactions. They won't, because their sole motivation is greed.

Maximum game price should be 40 EUR. Period.
Anything that costs over 40 is a pile of trash made by jews.

And also when it was sold with the +$20 HD tax from $40 which was only a standardised price because people were already so used to buying them at luxury prices.
Game devs have had it too good for too long in the first place with how high the prices are for their games, only time it was justifiable was when they were carts with expensive tech in them and not a buy 50 for a dollar and have 50 throwing stars to play with.
Also online is literally just another tax added onto the price for no reason, Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft ain't managing or hosting shit on these games but they sure are going to charge you to connect to who does, but they still get the power to stop that benefit later on when they want you to buy their Next Gen (trademark) Console.

They also cost more to manufacture in those days. Discs cost nothing, and then there's digital downloads.

No because there are many games now and multiplayer populations are fractured into small populations

Indy games are cheaper because of increase in supply

AAA games get to be $60 because of branding. Increasing the price to $80 or $130 still wouldn't make AAA titles any less shit because most of the devs are pozzed anyways and have to suck the dick of the publisher and have no control over marketing departments that decide to add DLC

whether
or
see attached kyoto art scroll

Games are cheaper to produce today. Costs are only getting inflated because of the reasons I've listed. Without all those pointless things, games would be appropriate to be $60 still and they'd make bank. But of course we can't do that, we need fucking Jon Snow for our new Cowabooty entry!

Production costs have actually gone way down due to the death of physical copies, user. Actually pressing the discs and making the boxes was one of the costliest parts of game production

Complete AAA game with no DLC, paid online, micro-transactions removed content or other jewery?
Sure, that said I haven't brought any AAA in the last 3 years as they generally don't interest me. If you expect me to pay $80 for the indieshit I love you can get fucked unless they suddenly get the $50m+ budget of AAAs.

Absolutely. I'd pay $100. Since contrary to what corpcucks tell you that is the ACTUAL price of games and they HAVE gone up to meet inflation ($60 game for + $30/$40 season pass).

It's the nickle and dime shit that attempts to obfuscate the cost that I hate and will not support.

I'd rather pay less for a game that didn't have a budget of a hundred billion dollars. If something "needs" to have a higher price or bullshit DLC and gambling, then either something went horribly wrong with the budget, or (((someone))) is lying to you

Except developing a game has only gone cheaper, easier and faster, so it makes no sense they increase in price.
And don't bullshit me with increasing budgets, that just means they're bigger projects.
Any idiot can publish their stuff with an 1 time 90 dollars payment on steam or any other distribution platform, production costs are completely gone (and the 30% share online stores take is much less than a tens of thousands of dollars contract + production costs + share in profits + the overhead from profits of the physical store itself + shipping), computers are cheaper and better, game engines allow non-programmers and non-artists to make games and when you do shit out your shitty game the entire world including the fucking moon is your market.
You can 1-man the development of your mario knockoff, whereas in 1980 it was physically impossible.
We're talking about the market with the world's dumbest consumer base, where everything related to making the product and distributing it has only gone down in quality and difficulty, while the prices have only gone up.

nope! I could maybe see it if it was one sweet ass game, but developers have a hard enough time getting $60 out of me.

But i've got a sweet ass plan to stop everything i hate in the industry. I just wont buy it!… that and bitch on Holla Forums

unless the game is about non-humanoid aliens, motion capture IS the cheap and efficient solution.

This isn't even made up

No 80usd for a game is still retarded but so are microtransactions on full-priced games. They're already full-priced you should get the full game with it. You want to add more? Make a proper expansion pack with enough content to justify it, not some horse-armor bullshittery.

There will be always something for bankers to steal!
And you don't even have local oligarchs protecting you from (((brilliant economists and their plans))) like ukraine does.

Go back to >>>/reddit/

People were better off back then, economics and quality of life wise. The inflation meme is dumb.

no way. I don't buy any AAA games at all, for that matter, unless they are discounted under 5$

I only buy full-price rare indy gems like rimworld or terraria

Come on, user.

You're a right idiot, user.

'90s vidya used to cost well over $100 if you factor in inflation (and PCs to play them were in the $5k-7k range). You guys are the broke niggers that only got in because of the cheap prices and your low poor people standards reshaped the industry in your image.

t. kike

Companies cite higher production costs, but where does that extra money go? The 'higher' cost results from celebrity voice acting and endorsement, massively overstaffed development studios (quantity over quality), and huge advertising budgets. If motion capture fits the game, then it can help animators out significantly, but it shouldn't really be necessary.

The cost of actual production is minimal, and even physical production is low with CDs instead of cartridges. Even THEN, most distribution is digital, thus costing virtually nothing.

They absolutely could cut staff and hire fewer higher-paid devs that actually know what the fuck they're doing rather than throw five times as many freshly-graduated soyboys and KANGZ at a project to meet diversity quotas.

If a game is worth it, it will still be on the shelf two weeks later. Never buy sight unseen; stop all preorders!

DLC/expansions are okay if added a year or more after release, if the game is well-received and the new content is substantial enough to warrant it, but should not cost extra unless you're literally adding almost a whole game's worth.Think Diablo 2/Warcraft 3 Lootboxes go to hell unless they CANNOT be bought with real money, period.

Fuck you, kike.
Stop making garbage games bloated with expensive shit that doesn't improve the gameplay and you can turn a profit at less than 50 bucks with no microtransactions.

Okay, real question. Lately I haven't seen a damn thing worth actually putting money into on steam, because most the time I just buy a game and just get bored with it after. I used to pirate a lot, but the bad side to that is some features, like playing online is ever a option.

Not mention how many times a virus has fuck my computer because of those sites, Honestly am at the point where my hands are on my sides and am just wondering if I should just stop playing at all. Because both ways have many ways to fuck me.

So I guess I just need to hear it, not mention I haven't seen a game that was interesting on steam, like at all I don't think I saw and played a game for more than a few days this year, besides my normal shit I play.

I think there's evidence that microtransactions aren't compensating growing costs, but I'm too lazy to search for it.

I don't pirate or buy games off steam at all. I have that autism that stops me from touching pirate sites because of the malware.

What I used to do was just buy 2nd hand games and I've never gotten through them all. Though I have far less time to play now due to having purpose in life…

The entire economy/market for games is different now.

Can't get away with such prices in the current age, which is the reason for the microtransaction bullshit to nickle and dime.

/thread

the thing about milking whales is that you can do that without shitting up franchises which were good. for some reason, companies like EA and Ubisoft seem to think that everyone can be a whale, that if they just study Skinner behaviorism autistically enough everyone will just be brainwashed into paying money for the perfect game forever. the japanese tend to do the milking of whales part specifically much better without annihilating their franchises entirely. they just create spin off shit and stupid merchandise so the retarded wildebeests with easy-open wallets can buy a detailed 1/8th scale figurine of a cartoon girl for hundreds of dollars. meanwhile the people who just want to play video games do just that. they seem to think that by the virtue of convenience and bashing you over the head with in game advertisements and manipulative marketing that everyone will become a whale. it just won't happen because most people simply aren't that autistic about the video game they're playing

Hey user instead of me robbing your house and fucking your girlfriend behind your back would it be an ok trade off for me to have 20% of your monthly income and to fuck your girlfriend while you watch?

Only if the game was actually worth $80. I buy my favorite games multiple times since I like them so much but pirate everything by default because most games are shit and I don't want to support them. I think the only games that I've spent over $80 on are Dark Souls and Dragon's Dogma.

I would possibly buy at that price if i consider it has enough content, i'd also support the idea of only periodic cosmetic DLCs to support further expansion of the game, or events about the game like tournaments. Sort of what Killer Instinct did, supporting the game's events and expansions during 4 years straight off cosmetic and some clone character DLCs.