Grand Strategy Games

Grand Strategy Games

Archive
pastebin.com/stLT1bVc
pastebin.com/dTCRqZuN
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

This Day in History, November 13th

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-74-patch-notes-achievements.1053632/
mega.nz/#!ExVQUBgC!KSQoGOe2QsLdoRPdSWQpD3JMipu8eAmxcGJ-lREjTsE
store.steampowered.com/app/449981/Content_Pack__Crusader_Kings_II_The_Reapers_Due/
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hearts-of-iron-iv-removed-from-steam-in-china.1052971/
pastebin.com/5ArmkNAq
mega.nz/#!EwUGQQ4Y!VYmeKkJEh1XQAr3ieay6Q5qfdfAIxNzl5SFgs61w6Ac
mega.nz/#!0wlADQQK!uV3QxUV0xtTvZpNb7DIfNyo77Cmg7RkdKUhaNO3nm_M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reported.

Is HOI4 good yet?

No. It will never be good.

Did cuckchan show you the door?

Why are some characters dressed like this in my game? Some of them is the Byzantine Emeror's family, top ones are relatives of the dutchess of Iceland.
I didn't download any mods or modify the game files.

court fashion was always weird

(checked)
Staurakios is /fa/ as fuck

Does this happen? If not, why/how did they become christian?

*does this happen often

Some king of norway landed a jew, he converted later but kept the culture.

They give a child to be educated by a jew.

Perhaps they are part of a secret society?

But wouldn't that normally make them become jewish in religion as well?

I turned that shit off, I play without that meme dlc and pretend it doesn't exist.

I know exactly what happened, I can go in the game and show the history of the title to you.
The king of Norway granted the dutchy to a jew, that jew converted somewhere down the road and did made his family family convert too. He and his kin kept the culture.

So how much does the new DLC fuck up CK2?

Jade Dragon or Monks and Mystics?
Jade Dragon isn't out yet and Monks and Mystics is shit and you should play without it.

More Islam buffs as usual.
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-74-patch-notes-achievements.1053632/

Jesus, paradox does really have a huge hateboner towards byzantium, now they are trying to fuck em over in CK2 too.

honestly their meme fanbase LARPing as "muh le epin bizantium!" deserves it

4th crusade did nothing wrong

besides completely fail at what they set out to do, I guess

Are you the same fag that is constantly butthurt at people playing prussia in vicky 2 and posting shitty memes?

Have you ever seen another company that hated their player base so much that they constantly make their game worse just to spite them?

No but i respect that man

So what are some accepted countries to play as then, oh supreme gentleman of the good taste?

Everything but the Byzantium, Prussia and USA

Not if the person was a christian while being an askenazi.
You can force convert someone but can't force change culture.

Why?
Byzantium is cool and has nice aesthethics.
Prussia is fun to play and interesting.
USA is just plain boring because you are alone withouth anyone to fuck you over.

Jade Dragon ISN'T out? Fuck, I thought it was.

Both are overdone
Byzantium was basically a failed state with constant power shifts, back stabbing and no real power in the region post 10th century, also the byzboos are annoying since they think that it was some kind of heir to the roman empire, not to mention that byzantines got constantly fucked in the ass by virtually everyone
Prussia is not only overdone but also it has cancerous meme following of kids doing 9000th greyblob playtrough
USA is just boring

To be honest I don't care about it, not even worth downloading. Maybe it's out and I missed it, I'm not sure.

CCP Games

How were they not the heirs of the roman empire when it was just the eastern roman empire?

Because nothing from the Roman empire remained there, culture, language, even religion later on were different

If anybody would be a legitimate heir to Roman Empire it would be Finland

WE

But it did, it just changed over time as all things do.

I fail to see how posting turks is an argument here.

For a game that lets you play the entire damn world, people seem to focus too much on a specific bunch of countries, that's the problem.

Why not play, say, Armenia or somewhere in Indochina for once?

But it literally was the Eastern Roman Empire

The continuity of the legal system. The Roman emperor relocated the capital to Constantinople. You could even argue the Western Roman Empire was the less legitemate one.
Also implying the change of religion wasn't a straight upgrade.

They got GREECE'D therefore they werent a "roman" empire anymore

Conclusion; Dont be a nigger.

How is it being Greek a problem? Romans considered themselves descendants of ancient Troja and took lots and lots of inspiration from Greeks. A lot of their culture was based on Greek culture.

They had been gettin hellenized since before the empire got divided, so thats not an argument.

Because those are countries people like to play?

this is why

So when the Normans took over England it wasn't England anymore?
It's the legal institutions and the continuity that matters.

So when the Ottomans took over Byzantium it wasnt Byzantium anymore?
It's the legal institutions and the continuity that matters.

Except the Ottomans didn't preserve any of the legal codes from the ERE, they had their own laws.

Well that is where you go for the alt-history shit. Why not put an Armenian Miaphysite on the Byzzie Throne, or maybe get closer to the Iranians?

Just saying. There are plenty of interesting cultures and countries that aren't usually played.

Because they aren't fun. Most countries that don't get played either involve sitting on your ass and waiting for a chance to get clay so you can actually do shit or just stomping all of your uncivilized neighbors and then sitting on your ass until the end of the game because everyone else is so much more advanced than you that fighting them would be suicide.

Has anyone heard of Realpolitik? It's being marketed as Babbies First Grand Strategy and it not being published by Paradox interests me a bit. Does it actually live up to being a grand strategy game or is it just a shallow game that slapped a fancy title on its box?

It is shit.

I found it boring and uninteresting, its almost HoI4 levels of easy.

Adding to this, the ERE had the very same administration for roughly a thousand years. Thus, they WERE a subdivision of the original Roman Empire's administration and a continuation of the aforementioned until the roach invasion. The ottomans brought in their own legal codes with persian/islamic influence, it was in no way Greek.

The Greek culture was simply an evolution of the empire's main culture, just as how it had happened with Germanics and other 'barbaric' peoples invading and mingling with Rome back in the late antiquity; they went from barbarians to the 'the guys we use as cannon fodder arrow pincushions in our legions', kinda-sorta accepted and encouraged throughout the backwater parts of the empire.

It's called Realpolitiks
I had nothing to do and watched a let's play of it. It's simple with provinces the size of a country (germany has like 8 from what I remember).
Politics in the game don't go for realism as I recall.
Worth a pirate to play a game or two, but nothing more in my opinion.

Kill yourself, preferably by self immolation.

he might be a spamer faggot, but at least he is dedicated, and i respect dedication

I played it. It's shit.

Just play syndicate my man.

What I want is a gsg that tackles inner state workings rather than clay grabbing PERIOD.
So far the closest thing I've got is CK2.

Im playing Satellite reign atm and im loving it, how does it compare to orginal Syndicate?

Not grand strategy.

Dont know mate, havent played it.

What is the one country that you never played and will never play even if it would prevent your son naming himself Tracy and chopping his balls off?

Byzantium

Ottomans, the constant buffs just make me feel dirty even allying them.

There is no reason to arbitrary lock yourself out of content like this.

burma into superpower is best run tbh

Is so someone willing to walk me though the changes in the new CK2 patch?
Are muslims fun now?

Today is my birthday.

Happy birthday!

Ottomans
t. Greek die hard byzaboo

So I got bored of serious modding then things got a bit out of hand…

i like the new portraits
You could say that the change was "liberating"

God dammit carlos.

Happy birth day to you!

Prove it

England/UK/Great Britain

Bon anniversaire.

Ottomans

I was tinkering with the idea of a shadow govt / Illuminati TCG kind of thing, where major players would all obviously be (((the Chosen ones))) but with different kinds of perks and goals to them, where there'd be a real-world clay-grubbing and socio-political layer, while the meaty bits of the game would be around the influencing politics, obtain key infrastructure and/or people, boycott other overlords trying to do the same things you do and overall just doing conspiracy/NWO tier shit. All the while, you have an "exposure" kind of deal that would work similarly to infamy or world tension, where you'll be allowed to act more and more authoritarian in the real world at the cost of being found out or having severe inner repercussions in the shadow-world, to the point where you'd be considered an actual threat to humanity and countries, people and/or other Illuminati groups would band up to take you down a peg.

UK is probably the most boring country to play as in V2. You don't have to do a thing and you'll still be first the entire game.

Why does /gsg/ hate ottomans?

Success breeds jealousy?

Just like real life.
:^)

Ottomans. I can't RP as something I hate, there's just no joy in it, only loathing.

They fell for the "christians rule, muslims drool" meme.

Their buffs make it so only a complete retard will ever run into any real trouble while playing them, its like playing as Britain in Vic 2.

Like the Anglos in Vicky 2, there's no real challenge.
Everything pretty much falls into your lap, you have to try to fail.
For real life, I need no reason to hate the Turk.

i want to see more than one country in the middle east

That would be historically inacrutare for that time pried

Praise be to the Profit Mohammed, may Allah make him less of a beta in the next life. Seriously, who puts, "Don't come to my house unless I invite you" in their holy book?

Also, friendly reminder that Muhammad (Piss Be Upon Him) hated dogs, man's best friend.

Are you implying the visigothic kingdomw of spain, that later turned into asturias wasnt actually christian?
What about the byzantines and the balkan nations?

Nice meme

they were black of course you rasist cumskin

Constant Paradox dicksucking + Boring to play + Turks.

Do it for him. How many carriers have you sunk?

Is there actual benefit to annexing high revolt risk, non-core provinces? Always seemed like a bitch to police and supply, despite the added IC. Also hurry up and rape Aussies and Kiwis to get complete pacific supremacy.

In DH, AI gets unlimited naval range. Is that the case with HoI3 too, or does AI also have to island hop?

Taking IC is a longshot, but for now, how about try cutting to the coast northeasterly, then encircle & destroy forces to ultimately claim the ports? Likely to be a far more efficient hamstringing of the Soviet war effort than trying to push straight West, assuming the AI is engaging in lend-lease or that Black Ice is simulating it by event. Even if not, the coastal provinces have to be higher value than the Siberian waste between you & any Eastern industrial cities just going by the opportunity cost of pushing through the latter alone.

muhammad was a mad spergo. Seriously.

Per the log I've only destroyed the USS Lexington, but I know for a fact my naval wings have taken another 5+, but air on naval kills don't get recorded, unless its a KAG. I've also lost 3 carriers.

In Black Ice you have an event to curb revolts. I used that event It reduces your income by 50%, but considering the resources China has, it is well worth it. Even without using that event it would be worth it for a number of reasons. First MPs are the best inf. unit in the game. Why? They upgrade to anything, consume limited supplies, move as fast as semi-mot and have a huge suppression stat, which stacks nicely. So instead of making an entire new army from scratch, make them as MP divisions first, and later when your IC has grown due to expansion and building, upgrade them to whatever you need.

Naval range is unlimited port to port, ie I sent a midget submarine to the English channel since the game treats allied ports like your own, but once in port I can only deploy that unit on mission to ~300km or whatever it was. You can abuse this a bit (as in the above case), but when you are trying to intercept or block enemy fleets, range is real. Its also fair to note most Japanese ships CL and larger have a range of ~2000km from the start of the game in Black Ice, so Island hopping really isn't a thing.

(checked)
Working on it. The entire northern Army group is basically unresisted, and I have a ski division on the northeastern seaboard and another marine division invading from the south. I don't think the USSR even has a division in between the two currently though.

sage for being a nigger and forgetting the pics.

do you enjoy lag
i suppose you do

Fuck. Wrong pic. Here are the carrier kills across the game so far.

(This entire threads is dubs)
If you want good performance out of HOI3, without lag do the following:

That system reduced crashing from once every few hours to once every 12ish. It also doesn't 'lag' until its about to crash, at which point you should attempt to save the game. If you succeed, quit, delete logs/cache and restart.

Are those swears that are blacked out? What the fuck?

And don't you forget it niggers.

Really?
That would explain a lot of things happening in my DH play toughs

At least I won't have to split Poland with the commies.

Probably from some cancerous site that hosts "le ebin 4chinz screencaps"

Please be gentle with France, Hitler-senpai.

I recommend moving back 1 month and then replaying. Something the fuckhead AI gets it in its head to declare war, and it can't be removed, and sometimes if you move back a few weeks to a month, the AI will remove its will to declare war. Either way all you garrisons on one front, all your infantry on the other ought to do, but even a weeks headstart with strategic redeployment will give you months later on.

serves you right for bulling poland

I haven't even bullied them yet.

Nah, this is a fun change of pace. I'll knock out Poland while limiting territory loss to the French. My plan is to let them advance a bit into Germany and hope they leave a section of the Maginot undermanned once I get around to counterattacking. Then I just punch through into France without disturbing the Low Countries.

To each his own, and I'm not entirely sure what mod your playing but in BICE the Maginot line is quite a difficult one if you aren't putting any pressure on the AI from the north. Even so, getting through the maginot line requires serious air power (100+ wings), or hundreds of thousands of casualties (100s of manpower) and a year long battle-pushing the defeat France and thus war with the USSR out a year.

The Low countries also have about as much metal, rares, and oil as France which you will need for the Soviets and because you take them earlier, upgrading them (especially oil) is a bit more realistic since you won't be feeling the pre-barbarossa IC pressure.

It's Bice. The forts along the Maginot are only showing up as level 1 fortresses on my map, though. Is France supposed to get fortification events at a later date?

Make a save, and then load it up as the French and take a look at the fortifications. Don't reload this save as the Germans unless you want your entire army reorganized by the AI.

There is a intelligence mechanic which determines the level of information you get and its accuracy. You can assured most of those provinces have a fortification level higher than 1, and even 1 in BICE is actually a cunt without really good air support, or later tier units. If you want better intel you will need to dedicate a ton of leadership into spys and then send them to France for military intel- which is probably not a great strategy since you can nearly always assume the info you are seeing is minimally accurate.

You can also find out if you attack the province and check the fort modifier.

lol nvm
Also, it's much easier just to type tag [nation tag] to switch, then you don't need to go through Bice's horrendous loading times.

Even better! You can get through them, but you need like 100 cags, airports to support and lots of men…I've had it work out a few times when the AI left a really weak unit and I had paratroopers to immediately drop, and air wings to support. More of luck than anything else.

Example, if you had lots of aircraft, paratroopers, and armor you could probably take Haguenau since colonials are dogshit with dogshit organization, but even that would be iffy.

New version of user's HFM Edits.
This one adds a new nation in the Venezuelan llanos: Barinas I had to make it, otherwise Llanero pops would get assimilated since their culture has no nation of its own.
Also fixed some localization errors.
mega.nz/#!ExVQUBgC!KSQoGOe2QsLdoRPdSWQpD3JMipu8eAmxcGJ-lREjTsE

WIDESPREAD FEAR AND DEVASTATION

I refuse to ever play as the fucking frogs. I've never played Ottomans either but I will under no circumstances play France.

china

China.

I noticed it says continued at the bottom. Are there more pics to go with this? Enjoying what I've read so far.

What is the appeal of grand strategy on a screen, anons? I really wanted to get into paradox titles but I never could because not having a physical board and actual counters makes it all seem so convoluted.
Which grand strategy title should I start with if I have experience with physical wargaming?

Do you mean hex and chit wargaming? If so, you should probably start with Darkest Hour and then move up into HoI3. These are the closest to wargames that any paradox games get. And if you want something one step above HoI3, play Gary Grigsby's War in the East.

Yeah. It's not like abstract tokens and firetables is the problem, it's just that doing it on a screen seems so messy. Like someone threw up in the fruit salad.

I'll check out the mentioned games, thanks.

t-thanks for defending me i guess

nvm those are the bongs, even worse man wtf.

Are there any "modding EU4 for dummies" guides?

The turksmells.

Gee, i wonder why. Given that your constantly defending the t*rkroach itt i would guess youre either a t*rk yourself or a swede

t*rkr**ch*s

Reminder that the Greeks invited the Turk (and the Serb and the Bulgar) themselves because they grew to effeminate to wage their own petty wars.

Are there any decent CKII mods (just ones that improve the game, not conversions)?

Ck2+

This got me thinking, why isn't there more Armenian flavor in Vicky2? I know it's got the Armenian diaspora decision and Cilicia and Armenia as both releasable countries but, why not go beyond?

Mentlegen, I present you: A formable Greater Armenia. Unify Armenia and Cilicia and claim the old borders the Mets' Hayk, I mean if the kikes are pressing ~2000 year old claims, why can't Armenians do it as well?
The flag is based on the flag of the Principality of Khachen (modern Artsakh) and also features the Bagratunid flag, the one with the swirly thinger (Arevakhach) is the fascist flag in case you're wondering.

I'm still not sure how am I going to put it into the game, maybe when both Cilicia and Armenia are released and one of them is not a vassal/has nationalism & imperialism and is a vassal (just like good old Romania) can the Armenian unification take place. I guess I could also sync its decisions with those of Transcaucasia since they can unify the whole Caucasus, which is pretty cool.
Expect this shit on the next update of user's HFM Edits.

pretty

Turkshits and catholics, the latter because their religion is just the least interesting and since they historically didn't do much but infighting for the most part it isn't as fun as playing a pagan or zoroastrian.

Fun fact: this song was broadcasted on loop for two weeks to block frequency used by Soviet radio-controlled mines placed in Vyborg that Finns re-conquered at the start of Continuation War (part of operation Barbarossa). By that time, their batteries had ran out and/or they were defused by Finnish army engineers.

Byzantium was largely ruined by the Forth Crusade, although even that involved internal power struggle between people fighting over Byzantine Throne.

It's out for preorderingunlocks on the 16th

new patch notes for eu4 make them lose their cores to the east of them and now venice guarntees albania, while the mamluks get buffed (guaranteed +2 adm on every ruler for SOME FUCKIGN REASON) so theres a much bigger chance for Kebab not to just blob endlessly into the russian steppes after swallowing the middle east . whole. Plus the janisarries got nerfed too. Theyre stil a major power, but to whole AI kebab got nerfed quite a bit. They did it with the intent of just making the middle east more varied rather then inevitable ottoblob green always.

ready a book nigger

Your edits made me go back to Vic 2, I hope you keep them going for as long as its fun to do it.

HEAR YE, HEAR YE
I come bearing three GSGs (or something similar, anyway, no bully) from the distant and of Nippon. Observe!

Generally similar to Dominions, but with lots of dialogue to give everything more flavour, as well as a mercenary mode should you wish to go independent. Goal of the game is world conquest with many of the factions having alternate routes (some only reachable by actually losing your empire and going independent for a while). Sadly, western version is a work in progress so only some of the factions are translated and there's a lot of content not yet localised.

If you don't know this game, then you are a tremendous faggot and need to lurk moar. Probably one of the best games Japan ever produced.

Everyone (except faggots) knows Sengoku Rance, but it's older brother often gets forgotten despite having perhaps even more content! It's not as flashy as Sengoku and requires you to know Rance lore to understand everything, but boy is it worth it! A bag full of routes to take, different ways to handle most areas, many different endings, as well as a number of sex slaves so great you'll have difficulties fucking them all.

Nips can't into strategy.

Stupid gaijin

Just kidding, although it IS telling that the most known Nip strat games revolve around, you know, rape.

Yes, it is telling us that Nippon has western developers clearly beat in this cathegory.

Try Nobunaga no Yabou and Romance of the Three Kingdoms games.

But that its what kindof happened IRL.
Llaneros nowadays are not the cool horsemen of doom that went around being the american equivalent of huns, nowadays they mostly keep their music and clothings, but are not at all like the llaneros from the 18th and 19th century after they got curbstomped by machineguns after Pedro Perez Delgado (also known as maisanta, this is Hugo Chavez's great grandfather) rebelled against Juan Vicente Gomez, he is known as the last llanero.

Found this on Holla Forums

So what's a fun place to be in CK2 in preparation for Jade Empire?

nowhere because jade dragon will be shit

Nice game you got there buddy.

We won't know until somebody tries.

fine. play as khosan or steppe niggers, it seems like most logical choice

I tried the Nestorian Steppe Niggers in 1180 right now and I immediately get a ton of revolts I cant beat with 750 horse niggers vs 5000 dudes. THANKS PARADOX.

That’s called Judaism, user.
You can just RP it as Churchill getting into office a year early.

For what its worth CK2 is the only game that hasn't gone completely to shit. Even if you don't like some of the expansions they keep the main game functional and improve it rather than just laying on an endless amount of bloated mechanics that revolve around pushing buttons to get bonuses.

I find EUIV basically impossible to "get" at this point since there are so many tiny mechanics manage to be efficient, even though I'm decent at EUIII. They really outdone themselves with adding pointless shit.

i have 180% bureaucrats in my states how do i make them turn into farmers they just turn into intellectuals and then refuse to become clerks (even though intellectuals is at 2.8%)

Made my way through the Maginot. Poland fell sometime in mid May, but I forgot to screencap it. France lasted until the first of September. I'm influencing Belgium, the Netherlands, Denmark, and Sweden and hope to invite them into the friendship Axis soon. I have seen neither hide nor hair of the Royal Navy, so I imagine they're fucking around in the Mediterranean or something, which is fine by me.

I don't get why people bitch about things they can just turn off and not buy

you can also just not buy the eu4 expansions. No need to be so angry, user

The non-satan ones are alright. It's the most blatant "pay money to click buttons and get bonnuses" DLC for CK2, but literally every DLC for EU4 and HoI4 is that.

They also added the inventory/item system and tons of stuff for mods. Whens the last time other Paradox games had major free features? EU4 got institutions (shit) and Stellaris is about to literally get content deleted for free.

Th-thanks y-you too

Glad to hear read that, it's been fun so far. Vicky2 feels more fulfilling than any other paradox game.

Not buying the expansions don't help since the AI will still have access to whatever new mechanics they added even if you don't.

Are you going to get the Baltic states into the Axis too? That would give you a good starting position for Barbarossa.

what are they doing this time?

Yeah.

3 FTL types was too hard to program the AI to fight and too hard to balance. Also apparently AI trying to calculate paths caused lag. Game is being restricted to Hyperdrive only.

Bravo Johan

saved

store.steampowered.com/app/449981/Content_Pack__Crusader_Kings_II_The_Reapers_Due/

hyperdrive
is that the one with the lanes because that's the only one I ever allowed in my games for muh strategic choke points.

notice how bohemia has colonies

Jesus Christ, user. When Fridrich II. gave the Golden Bull of Sicily to Otakar I., he knew why he included the passage about the indivisibility of Bohemian lands – divided Bohemia looks awful on the map! Either conquer it whole or don't touch it.

Ah yes, quality reddit mememod

What kind of version of this do you have that blurs the swears?

while bohemian colonies sound extremly silly, wouldn't a landlocked congo colony shaped like that just use the congo river as a connection?
Not even regarding vicky2 mechanics just theoretical IRL stuff

Is he actually related to the communist faggot who destroyed your country? Wait so fucking chavez was lLanero?

No idea, I found it here on Holla Forums, it was kinda weird it had all the swearwords censored. I mean, it's not like they're saying t*rk or something really bad and offensive like that :^)

I should probably change Barina's pink color, it looks gay as fuck.

So I'm doing a Perm game and I got completely fucked because after a horde looted my capital they imprisoned ALL of my children and my concubines and wives. Because the leader of the horde has absolute shit stats my children now also have really bad stats (zero diplomacy, four martial, shit like that) and now I don't have any reasonable heir.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention: the guy in the first pic has the godslayer trait.

this looks like it will be FUN.

Sins of a solar empire is 75% off with all DLC. How is the modding for this game?

Yeah, from barinas, he moved to caracas to play baseball but didnt get picked so ended up in the military cademy.

Why do so many t*rks, and only them, have those weird, bulbous eyes? Asiatic heritage? Spoilered because roaches are gross

Physical manifestation of evil.

Incredibly active given how old the game is. Plenty of Star Wars, Trek, Homeworld, and Halo mods.
mfw SoaSE is 9 years old

Inbreeding

What a disgusting communist piece of shit.

Oh, for fucks sake, what's next? Will Luxembourg declare war?

Sarcasm or serious? I've never done a Suomenusko or (succesful) Perm game before so I'm not sure how hard it is to reform the faith (which is my goal). I still need 2 holy site and to get them I first need to take down Rus which is going to be difficult because they have like 2 times my soldiers. There's also the Ibadi horde below me which I've already won a war against but all of their holdings are tribal and I don't have the money to build something so conquering them is useless.
Nice satanic trips by the way.

I did it (before hordes) and it was easy.

When did hordes come out? CK2 game becomes harder every time a new DLC comes out. I'm not sure which one it was exactly but I remember turning off one of the many DLCs which added factions once and then I just no longer had to deal with revolts from vassals which means I could do whatever the fuck I wanted to them.

FUN in dwarf fortress sense. it wont be easy, it wont be pretty but it will be interesting and entertaining for sure

Jewish heritage. It's inbreeding, it's a major issue in all of the ME.

I hope so, that is how I felt about my previous Afghan Hindu game. The thing is that there is always this one point when I declare war just at the wrong time and it fucks up my entire game. With the Shahi game I just mentioned I was made a vassal of my brother because I had to fight a war and two revolts at the same time and lost one of the revolts just after succeeding in the other one and the war. Then I tried to reclaim the throne but one of my old allies declared war on me because the AI always declares war on revolt leaders, I ragequit because I wasn't going to go anywhere from that point anyway.

Finally, after many years of subservience, I have secured myself a piece of territory for me and my fellow haplotype-sharing subjects. Even though this feat was only possible after my superior subjugators died, I consider my achievement a superhuman feat. I am a god. I will finally world relevance by becoming the most loyal servant of the Pope and give him all my money.
t. palatinate

It's still stupidly easy.

But how can you simultaneously be an inbred and a mutt?

Scandinavia is achieving multiculturalism ahead of schedule.

Now THIS is EU3.

Is that Scotland in Denmark?

Inheritance.

Blame Austria and Burgundy.

CK2 is easy but it it certainly got more annoying with every DLC because muh MP, muh balance.

Supposedly the AI is getting significant upgrades next patch, that should help.

I only play hyperdrives only anyhow. The game still needs more overhauls to be fun although I do think its moving in the right direction i.e. turning it into a Sins of Solar Empire clone.

Gonna try that next time.

I'm surprised.

was that in his?

m8 it's not 1518 to make the entire blob a state, it's 1518 to make one region a state.
Ridiculous, the only way I could do that would be as England and fuck playing as England.

Boy that's a lot then, better start upgrading your naval bases :^)

I did already.

Capital ships give colonial power. Make a fleet. I think it was Ironclads or Monitors that had the best return rate.

Ironclads.

The new patch for CK2 is out. Tibet is playable and sheeiit.

We wuz lamas and shit

Post pix

Pics of what?

Notice how Taoists can interact with Jews. Also Taoist holy sites for whatever reason.

thats just fucking lazy. seriously fuck this. taoism is pretty much fascism

The Chinese also get tigers and birdies as crests for their houses.

Don't believe everything Holla Forums says, friendo.

I restarted because the horde leader with stats educating my imprisoned children fucked up the game too much to go on. I was actually able to conquer more in around the same amount of time even though this time I also had to deal with my realm splitting in three parts because my first character died before I could form a kingdom. If it continues being this easy, which it never does, then I might be able to reform the faith before the end of the century.
One interesting thing that has already happened in another part of the map is this Hindu khan south of me who has already converted his entire realm to hinduism, one of his vassals declared war on me but the devout warriors you get as a pagan for those situations are quite OP.

*with bad stats

its partially true tho. focus on self improvement and acceptance of human nature instead of trying to reshape it
they sure as fuck fit well together

I'd argue that the focus on self-improvement comes from a different direction though. Taoism resulted from chinks chinking out for hundreds of years and Laozi trying to find a way to stop everyone from murdering each other, so "top-down", while fascism is "bottom-up".

I couldn't help but to mess with the Caucasus. There's a few more provinces and Transcaucasia's population has been increased to rebalance the whole country. Seriously, it had ~150k pops, what the fuck? Now it's got almost a million since that place is densely packed and Armenians haven't been shoah'd yet.
All 3 countries got about 300k (more or less) people now.

Also rebalanced the goods produced, since both Georgia and Azerbaijan have been big on sericulture for centuries. There's coal (Imeretia, Georgia) and dyes (red madder/indigo in Azerbaijan, cultivated in Sheki) in the area now .
And of course new decisions to unite Daghestan as one of the Daghestani principalities and a little bit of fun for Transcaucasia: You can now sunder the Russian-imposed union and play as either Georgia, Armenia, Abkhazia or Azerbaijan; Transcaucasia breaks, you get a diplomatic penalty with Russia, but you're free from their yoke, until they decide to zerg rush the shit outta you.
As I mentioned before, you can form Greater Armenia but also, you can restore the golden age Georgia which was also pretty fucking big.

I used the court physician button and got a Lithuanian Buddhist. Off to a good start, Paradox.

WUZ

黑鬼

But are they great enough magicians to change the colour of their territories from red to black and back again?

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Oswald

>adding more of half-assed land mass to Asia instead finally expanding the relation between ecclesiastical and secular power to something passable in a game called Crusader Kings
And how does adding China even make sense in the time period in which it was just a clusterfuck of smaller states of the playground for steppeniggers?

so just like the rest of the world?

Gotta expand on that chinesse market, especially with china banning HOI4 for being a shit game

What pisses me off more is that they added another landmass before making a DLC that lets you play as theocracies.

Correct if I'm wrong, but I was under the assumption that in the DLC China was presented by a single out of map ruler pretending there is a coherent Chinese Empire.

wait they did that?

i dont know i think that dlc is too shit for me

You are right but they did add some extra steppes in the near-eastern part of the map.

they should just make a separate mongol game with rape as mechanic

>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hearts-of-iron-iv-removed-from-steam-in-china.1052971/

Best China as always preserves the moralist and resolve of Chinese people by banning shit games and ensuring that only good games will be played.

Played for a few years around the Tarim basin as a Saka duke. No major gripes so far (except the Lithuanian Buddhist…) but I think Bön is way too powerful, it immediately drove the Buddhists from Tibet.

Worse, actually.
China is represented as a single out-of-map ruler pretending there is a coherent Chinese Empire, with its only on-map territory being part of Tibet. Then again, Tibet is de jure Chinese clay in the current year, after all.

Nevermind the fact that in 821/822 CE Tibet and China signed a peace treaty due to the latter's rapidly declining influence over the former. Tibet continued as a Central Asian empire until the mid-9th century, when a civil war over succession led to the collapse of imperial Tibet, when political control over Tibet became divided between regional warlords and tribes with no dominant centralized authority until the 13th century in which Tibet retained nominal power over religious and regional political affairs, while the Mongol Yuan dynasty managed a structural and administrative rule over the region, reinforced by the rare military intervention.

how can you fuck up something like this so badly?

It's clear at this point that they have run out of ideas for the game. At least they were self-aware enough to not try and add Chinkland to the map.

still

It has nothing to do with self-awareness, but engine limitations. You bet your bottom dollar that if Paradox could get away with selling 6 gorrilion more DLCs adding the entirety of Asia, the Americas and probably even fucking Africa to Crusader Kings 2 – they'd do so in a fucking heartbeat.

On a more positive note, these old Iranian names all sound very… Aryan. Very Tolkien-esque at times.

It is awful. It has the UI of a mobile game but they expect you to play it like an actual RTS.

one of the few anglos who didn't deserve nuclear cleansing

Just leaving this here

The retards who actually pay for Paradox games buy anything they shit out so it really doesn't matter what they add in their DLCs anymore. If they released a DLC for 20 bucks that added the option for your character to take a shit I'm sure those cucks would buy it even if it made the game unplayable like all their DLCs do.

Also the game is online-only and pay by the hour to play. Those who have the most playtime as Glorious China are collected and sent to intensive training centers at a young age to become China's next generals.

Salt.

To be fair that's what the region is, the fact it got conquered by followers of an insane moon god is just an unpleasant detail.

There is no "the" cradle; Egypt, China, Mesopotamia, India and numerous other places are all dubbed "cradles of civilization" in various contexts.

But the fact is that the one DLC they named "cradle of civilization" is not about Egypt, or India, or Mesopotamia – it's very specifically about about the Ottoman Empire (like everything, with Paradox), which came into being in the 14th fucking century and had no influence or connection, what so ever, to the "birth" of civilizations. It's typical Paradox Turko-centrism, so perhaps I shouldn't be too surprised.

At the start of Operation Barbarossa, Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania remain un-annexed by the Soviets; they, along with Belgium, the Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, and Sweden remain neutral. Finland joined the Axis about a month prior, and Romania the month before that.

In 3-4 months, the French provinces of Cherbourg and Calais will have fully upgraded radar stations for the air battle raging around the English Channel. The British are slowly being whittled down in the air, with half-strength and lower airwings a common sight among enemy formations. 24 medium transport wings will be finished at the end of July to alleviate potential supply problems on the Eastern Front and take part in a future paratrooper drop to seize ports in the UK. Frederick the Great is slated for completion in early October, and will take the fight to the Royal Navy hopefully unmolested by enemy naval bombers.

My Chief of Staff, Alfred Jodl gives +15 starting experience, so my new troops are starting with a 60% experience bonus and somehow better trained than veterans of the wars with France and Poland. If also found out that spamming steel/rare/coal facilities in the province where you have synthetic industry is a good idea.

There's a reason the game lets you automate these things user.

It's hilarious how far they go to make that country unplayable. Fucking Granada has better chances of survival right now.

Its funny that in every patch, even if it has nothign to do with byzantium, they find a way to make them unplayable and people still come up with strategies and ways to survive the ottomans.

Where does the Paradox roach fetish come from?

They are Swedes.

It's the forced diversity injection for Europe in the EUIV time period.

Meanwhile in MEIOU and Taxes

You need to move to Africa and suck nigger cock if you think they’re so important.

I really want to figure out how to make events for Vicky that allow 1. genocide (at massive relation costs to neighbors and GPs, even if you’re also a GP) 2. core revocation (because if I annex something, you are NEVER getting it back and the cores only prevent conversions) and 2. auto-forced core creation. Yes, I could just spam “event 2600 [province id]”, but that gets so fucking old, never mind having to force event 2605 because it takes decades to fire even after 100% primary culture.

But Sweden is infested by niggers, not roaches.

We really should have taken the Congo from Belgium when we were historically offered it, but that looks like shit.

Well it was time somebody acknowledged it.

It’s both, really. There are plenty of non-negroid muslims there.

Hey now, in the interest of Honest Hate(tm), not every Muslim is a turkroach. Some are OG Dune Coons too! Some are even not related to real humans at all, like the Semitic Ethiopians!

The history of human migration is fucking fascinating, but we’ll never actually learn anything about it because it’s politically incorrect to recognize the five species of humanity or so much as state that whites lived all across the middle east and north Africa 2000 years ago. Depressing.

M&T really made vanilla EU4 unplayable.

All European countries are infested with t*rks, they are like chinks in canada or mexicans in the us: never stop breeding and refuse to learn the language of the country they live in. Meanwhile they won't shut the fuck up about how glorious their fatherland is not realising that their ancestors went to the west because their country of origin was a shithole. Everytime I talk to a turk they start talking about turkey at least every 10 minutes, they are as obsessed with that country as niggers are obsessed with rap music.

Preaching to the choir. Also I told you to stop it with the * faggotry, it makes you identifiable and thus barely better than an avatarfag.

I think you're confusing me with someone else.

The eastern European steppes are the cradle of civilization since that's where the ancient Aryans developed the wheel and began their reconquest of Europe from the semite invaders.

Semites are incapable of civilization. They might have made cities first, but they were never civilized, and even to this day still haven't managed civilization. Japanese are the only nonwhites who have managed civilization.

The ancient inhabitants of Mesopotamia weren't semites. At that time semites were just desert herders who raided them. Apparently they were in fact Armenoid

An armenian is just a jew that followed a rolling shekel into a church, so that's still semitic.

Gave vanilla EU4 a chance with the new patch and all. I attempted harder starts before deciding to just have fun with comfyblob Muscovy. I grabbed the mission to Conquer Novgorod and took as many provinces as possible, including the titular Novgorod and that White Sea port with center of trade (it was on suggested demands I probably should've rather secured Neva.) Vanilla coring interface wasn't too bad but when I went window shopping the horde lands I realized that if I want them to eventually have proper Russ- Muscovite culture I would have to manually convert them using mana. Dynamic culture conversion through events is possibly one of the best parts of M&T.

From the patch itself, they seem to have tweaked some diplomatic values. Already having strong allies now gives AI malus to accepting your alliance request which doesn't necessarily make sense from the AIs perspective (your ally having allies of their own can be good thing so you don't end up in situation where you're the only one defending it, but it can help avoiding political deadlocks.) For what I saw in couple of hours, "Cruel" personality now gives negative -20 modifier to answer call to arms. Baluchistan didn't feel like accepting white peace despite their army being stackwiped and half of their country occupied, all to keep OPM from accepting full annexation.

China stuff is a bit hilarious (-ly OP). Want to disinherit sons? Snip snip and send them to China, get an artifact back. Same for your useless daughters, send the sluts to the emperor. You can do this if you are in diplomatic range of china, which on default settings means Byzantines can reach.

Feels more like these mechanics were designed for appeasing the Aztecs given how many children I'm feeding them.

There is only one (probable) Balkan nigger with a hateboner for turks so big he needs to censor himself and he's been doing this for the last dozen threads.

Are you implying there is something wrong with not liking roaches?

No, but there is a lot wrong with being a meme forcing faggot.

Most people here either hate turks or likes to shit on them though.

Are you by any chance one of the infamous new cuckchan refugees?

t*rks

Here's a more important question: Why has nobody made a Conan mod for CK2 yet?

No rape, magic or adventure mechanics.

Aztecs also use the jade dragon mechanics?

not only that but those autists also restore Rome with having horses as the empress

Its a fun challenge.
For example, damian (one of the devs of MEIOU) claimed that you couldnt blob in the mod, yet people keep restoring rome just to prove otherwise.

They don't (AFAIK), it just seems like it would be suited for them

iirc, in CKII you could make prisoners your concubines if you were playing as the pagans

lolwut

You can get over 100% admin efficiency, taking around 80% of china in a single war. In the 16th century.

What? I didn't know that was a thing I've played hundreds of hours too. What other tiny minor detail have I missed? Also did you prestige spam?

Those are his words, not mine.

I know, I just question the mental state of someone who thinks blobbing isn't easy in M&T

In his defence, he doesnt like blobbing and spends most of the game time just autistically micromanaging his economy and education levels, wich is fien in my book.

How fitting

Good

That guy I posted? Still alive, still Jewish. In fact, because he owns Northern Italy, the Crusades started in 900 AD.

user, I would propose making your own pastebin where you provide links for all of your sub mods and possible even links for the needed version of the main mod.
We might as well include it in the OP in place of the random picker.

The reward for the most unimaginative title goes to…

Motherfu—

Nothing like killing your vassals to inherit their precius gubbinz.

It hasn't been inherited, it's just fucking gone.

Welp that sucks, i once lost a book that my favourite character created because some shit vikings raided my capital while i was off fighting a defensive war.

Sure, here it is:
pastebin.com/5ArmkNAq

The way they handle the "Emperor likes/dislikes" thing is retarded. Yea, I'm sure the fucking EMPEROR OF CHINA IN 900AD cared a lot about "Balto-Slavic Cultures"

You should update the outdated mods tbh

EU4 is dead and I'll update HIP's edits whenever the new version for that chink update comes out.

Fuck off. Also not strictly grand strategy but when is total war gonna have competition? It seems Creative Assembly has a monopoly on that shit

New version of user's HFM Edits is out, adding more bloat to the Caucasus area:
pastebin.com/5ArmkNAq
mega.nz/#!EwUGQQ4Y!VYmeKkJEh1XQAr3ieay6Q5qfdfAIxNzl5SFgs61w6Ac

m8 even if my entire fleet was ironclads, I'd still only have 1044 colonial points in total.
There's just no way unless I take a bunch of regions to get my naval power up and then build even more ironclads.

Yeah I prestige spammed, but I think that was a bad idea so I'll start the game over. The only real reason I go for great power status is to build the canals and do the few Egypt decisions. If I simply take the regions from Egypt and Colombia then I can stay a secondary power and prevent the great powers from getting to Africa so soon. I can also lock up much of Africa doing that.

Is there a way to prevent the releasing of certain countries in Victoria 2?
I hate when Poortugal releases India as a single province when I'm trying to form India.

la plata tbh desu fam

I'm pretty sure the t*rks thing is just a meme, I've seen it on serveral boards. I don't mind you confusing me with some random slav but I'm not him, my hatred for turks is mostly out of personal experiences, not some sort of historical feud.

You might think it's a meme, but I genuinely hate turks with a passion.
I only use t*rk just to piss that one autist off, gets him all the time.

So essentially because my ruler goofed in court, the technological progress of entire Muscovite Principality has been set back year or so. Also this scenario. You have +1 stability and get event for it to increase? Why not boost it once with mana before accepting to get +3 cheap?

I personally feel like stability should just have boring counter from 0 to 100 like legitimacy have. This would allow more dynamic and incremental changes.

Also in vanilla, local autonomy is black hole that simply deletes percentage of stuff that province produces.

Maybe he's one himself then, they are as bad at taking criticism as a people and country as Americans.

Another update; this one balances Transcaucasia's population a little bit, as well as adding a custom terrain picture to Cetinje in Montenegro, adding coal to one of its provinces and changing 3 of its provinces to mountain terrain like irl.
Not save-compatible unless you're playing as Montenegro or have OCD (changes won't transfer to pre-existing saves)

mega.nz/#!0wlADQQK!uV3QxUV0xtTvZpNb7DIfNyo77Cmg7RkdKUhaNO3nm_M
pastebin.com/5ArmkNAq

But America isn't a country and t*rks aren't people.

You'll have plenty more naval cap and colonial points with tech though.

get in

No need to lie, I've been calling you out roughly two or three times over 10+ threads. I understand balkan niggers like you need something to feel good about but still.

What makes you feel welcome in a place such as this? Not one person in this entire thread actually likes Turks like yourself. Even leftypol hates you subhumans

Come on man don't make it so obvious!

Non cuckchan shitposter thread when?

Never because Mark let them in and you accepted them, now they shit up the place same as the actual real life nigger "refugees".

I know you're some kind of retarded Albanian or something but this isn't actually about Turks. It's about posters acting like tremendous faggots by having calling card posting styles.

It is blatantly obvious that you are a T*rk yourself. Stop trying to hide it, it isn't working. Your butthurt is uncontainable

HoI 4's latest DLC was recently announced. Notice that the announcement trailer is from Communist China's PoV. Trying to repeal the ban, perhaps?

New Thread