Fighting Game General - Boys Backstreet to the Sewer Edition

Noctis revealed as the third guest character coming as DLC: youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU
Geese Howard gameplay exhibition: youtube.com/watch?v=epNA2TkePrM

Atom, Enchantress and the TMNT revealed as characters for the third Fighter Pack: youtube.com/watch?v=3rXE2RjinkU

Nicalis is producing a new fighting game from Studio Saizensen that has characters from Cave Story, Code of Princess, Umihara Kawase and others for PC, Xbox One, Switch and PS4 in the Q4 2017.
Newest trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=es60KLszDFE

Dark Heart confirmed as CPU character.
After the crowdfunding campaign, there are still chances for a playable Dark Heart and her arcana through revised stretch goals for BackerKit: arcana-heart-3-love-max-six-stars.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders

The game will be released on February 15 in Japan. Limited edition will feature artbook with a new story by Kamachi and soundtrack.
Acqua of the Back, Kaori Kanzaki, Motoharu Tsuchimikado and Lessar confirmed as playable pilots.
20min gamplay: youtu.be/ca_bniHF3Qo?t=4315

Release date is January 26th, 2018. Season pass with 8 DLC characters confirmed.
Nappa and Ginyu confirmed. Story trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=RnijMKIs9UE
New Dragon Ball mechanic revealed: youtube.com/watch?v=p37hwuey0ks&t=3m20s

Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition is announced: youtube.com/watch?v=iVC-o8QdokQ
It features every content from Season 1 and Season 2 (Characters and respective premium costumes), Arcade Mode, Extra Battle, Gallery and gameplay changes like new V-modes. All those new additions will be a free update to all users.
Physical version will feature the base game plus codes for Season 1 and Season 2 Character pass: shoryuken.com/2017/10/07/street-fighter-v-arcade-edition-discs-will-include-codes-to-download-the-character-dlc/
Zeku is released: youtube.com/watch?v=boNf5TFihE8

Teaser trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=dwGw2MjakN8

Game confirmed for arcade only so far. Opening Movie: youtube.com/watch?v=wFR6IdCMhCs

Official Facebook page for feedback and news: facebook.com/ARIKAOfficial/
So far their plan is to launch with 10 characters and fill in the rest of the EX roster through "post-launch DLC."

Arcsys doing a survey about what you wanna see in Cross Tag Battle: business.form-mailer.jp/fms/b8a3b5b877261
Noel, Chie, and Waldstein Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=ldK5ed0SXSA
System explanation: youtube.com/watch?v=YP03DZkwpz0

Monster Hunter, Black Panther and Sigma were released. Costume pass announced alongside Character pass.

The first patch for Pokken DX was announced, and will add 3v3 support for friendly matches, CPU input playback for training mode, and new high rank rewards in group matches along with misc fixes and changes

DLC will end in 2017. Opoona themed costume for Marie Rose released for Playstation Plus and Xbox Live Gold users celebrating 10million downloads of Core Fighters version.

Exe:Late[st] Is out in Japan! Will be getting a digital release in the west by the end of 2017 for PS3/PS4/PS Vita

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OgN6ALghs04
store.steampowered.com/app/577970/Punch_Planet/
youtube.com/watch?v=VI01HpEWOVo
youtube.com/watch?v=r6mZHoSBtNw
dlsite.com/home/work/=/product_id/RJ202337.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Cdcr3T_0G_w
youtube.com/watch?v=KeCqi-ou1qs
youtube.com/watch?v=qCaTPX5vV4M
youtube.com/watch?v=UnkxIlI6IV4
youtube.com/watch?v=AkEH4vy3PXM
play.fightcade.com/
fightcade.com/
mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw
w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/
steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans
discord.gg/DbHMSCd
wiki.shoryuken.com/
dustloop.com/wiki/
wiki.mizuumi.net/
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R
ki.infil.net/characters.html
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1xzXhKnihroVG1teFBhejQzSHM
archive.is/Yy0vb
archive.is/UJIwv
archive.fo/uico5
blog.esuteru.com/archives/20021504.html
blog.us.playstation.com/2017/11/15/fighting-ex-layer-coming-to-ps4-beta-begins-december-11/
thegameawards.com/awards/#best-fighting-game
archive.is/LY7Jb
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZbBoZgd9o1mooAX-0W1PeIT0Q_DJ_Pta
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZbBoZgd9o1mAUpu-zavo5igbgv_XPHkM
archive.is/Stkvp
archive.is/vCrW7
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLawmXJf0GAHh0dmv59LOpyLa1PUQuMs-n
store.steampowered.com/app/702110/THE_LAST_BLADE_2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

EVO Japan will happen between January 26th and January 28th. It will feature Tekken7, GGXrdRev2, KOFXIV, BlazblueCF, Smash4, ARMS, SFV.
Touhou 15.5: The Antinomy of Common Flowers was released. Doremy confirmed as a playable character: youtube.com/watch?v=OgN6ALghs04
TRAF: Suits of Fate: New build available for public and Early Access stated for Early 2018.
Punch Planet Steam Early Access page: store.steampowered.com/app/577970/Punch_Planet/
Cerebrawl v0.6.8 gameplay: youtube.com/watch?v=VI01HpEWOVo
Kemono Friends Fighter Mechanics: youtube.com/watch?v=r6mZHoSBtNw Website: dlsite.com/home/work/=/product_id/RJ202337.html Hippo in the 1.5 update: youtube.com/watch?v=Cdcr3T_0G_w
Strides 2 Glory graphical update: youtube.com/watch?v=KeCqi-ou1qs
Omen of Sorrow gameplay: youtube.com/watch?v=qCaTPX5vV4M
Them's Fightin Herds is out of NDA. Newest backer build: youtube.com/watch?v=UnkxIlI6IV4 Basics: youtube.com/watch?v=AkEH4vy3PXM

Fightcade2 is now on closed beta. Users from until 2014 have access to the new version. Download: play.fightcade.com/
Download and register for Fightcade here: fightcade.com/
Get the full rompack over here: mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw
Website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans
Discord group: discord.gg/DbHMSCd

>>>/fighters/

For most fightan in general:
wiki.shoryuken.com/
dustloop.com/wiki/
wiki.mizuumi.net/
For fundamentals in ST (still applies to other games):
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9
Maj's footsie guide:
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702
The Beginner's Incomplete guide to KOF:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
KOF Shortcuts/Sequential Buffering: dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
KOF XIV Combo & Tech: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg
Guilty Gear Crash Course: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
Airdash Academy: youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R
The Complete Killer Instinct Guide by Infil: ki.infil.net/characters.html
DOA5LR - Full Character Guide & Frame Data - Created By Arcade Sensei: drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1xzXhKnihroVG1teFBhejQzSHM

>Previous thread: archive.is/Yy0vb

Injustice 2 - Fighter Pack 3 trailer

Tekken 7 confirmed for being a party game.

I actually think Noctis looks really fun and nice

well no other Fighting game has a large enough playerbase to be a party

I have to go make one of those mains charts. In the meantime, enjoy this shitpost.

noice

I don't even play FF but I think I'll main the guy. Bamco did great job with trailers imo, people who don't know either Geese or Noctis can easily like them

Here's the Maximilian Xrd webm the guys in the previous thread wanted.

I haven't even touched FF15 or seen any videos or read any lore on it, but just from a visual and gameplay aspect, I think he looks pretty cool, I'll definitely be checking him out and giving him some time

Sasquatch is a very wholesome character

The low tier god excuse

Reminds me how people would always say anime fighters looked gay or stupid. Then, time and time again, we get articles on how these games are too hard to play from Capcom fans and other casuals.

Are these games really that hard to play? Fighting games have only gotten easier to play over the years. Like the most difficult input in Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition is a half circle. In Koihime Enbu it's a qcf-hcb. The most recent games with difficult inputs I've seen is Arcana Heart 3, Dead or Alive 5 and Aquapazza. Like Elsa Lv3 Super which is 28C,2846C (she flips a bullet in the air and you must input the second part before she catches it). Then there's Hayate's command grab which is hcf throw, 8246, 1937. It seems like a command made for a stick and not pad. Even then you never need to do it to play well with him.

Looks like the Capcuck-shills who defended MvCI are trying to move to other games to keep their weed supply.

i need to test a theory here: what are your opinions on lars?

anime games aren't necessarily hard but you also can't just be a mong who does random dps and wakeup ultras and convince yourself you're good.

This would be nice if everyone wasn't so ugly, turtles included. What the hell is wrong with their faces?

I don't dislike lars, I kinda like his playstyle, I wish he was stronger in T7.
The main gripe I have with him are his weird hopkicks, and his terrible hair

Some banter is good for a thread, you know?

I miss playing Slayer in Reload
Bite loops were dumb but so much fun

Has the personality, looks and intros/outros of a tryhard anime character. I like his animations though. Not a character I like to play but fun to play against. Not because he's weak in T7, I thought like this since T6

This guy doesn't look as tryhard as him though. I'll just customize the hair and play him most likely

He seems like a parody of tryhard anime protagonists so I find him hilarious.

If Lars wasn't meant to be a serious character, a parody of the Mishimas would work. The problem is they madeh him a try hard in 6 (you guys are talking about Lars, right?)

To someone like the guy in vid related (I should webm this so we have a document of the capcuck mindset), yes they are. Even in something like Xrd, which is by far the easiest GG has ever been, people will look at a character like Bedman or Jack-O or anyone who isn't a fucking shoto with a 25f overhead and say "YO HOW YOU EXPEK ME TA KNOW THEY OPTIONS." GGXrd also doesn't have EX/FB moves, which is kind of an oddity (although people like me enjoy not having to learn another set of special moves) and another rxcuse to avoid it. It's an odd case of them putting up with all the arbitrary design of their chosen fighting game series (chains vs links vs 6 buttons vs 4, etc.) and then shriveling when they get to a 5 button anime game with gatlings and real screen control and air dashing.

Then they get Menat, who has all of three special moves, can't function without her V-trigger, and is proven trash in almost every way, and they say "look anime players, there's an anime character in SFV!" It's kind of a memetic cycle of not learning something because "it's too hard" and that thing consistently being "too hard" because they never made the effort. More people should play Melty Blood, honestly; that game's complexity comes from the movement and the decisions you make on the character select screen.

I like Xrd a lot, but I wish someone had told me about fighting games earlier so I could have played the older GGs. I don't know if I ever would have been good enough to play them at a high level, but the mechanics were fucking wild.

What the hell does that even mean? Is there some connection for Black Mantis and/or Hellboy to A Christmas Carol or something?

Geese is almost done, and looks like they're finally going to fix rematch stuff. Too bad Denuvo will get updated with this stuff when Geese is out.

Probably some comic reference.

can't even watch it.

Not if the french can help it.

I'm starting to think Adult/Mystic Gohan is gonna be DLC…

and it will get cracked a few hours after like every single other update they did

Options are the core of anime fighters. The main reason I play and enjoy them is the fact that you can inject your own play style on to the character and all play styles are somewhat viable. Compared to SFV/SF4 there is so much going on. SFV can be flow charted with everyone, and everyone will play the same style with their mains. Take Karin for example, you simply rush down and do Karin things until they fail to block one mix-up then you go in for the standard combo and add CA/EX on the end of it if you have meter. It's simple, SF4 at least gives a little freedom with 1f links but it is much the same. Hell in capcuck fighters combos were originally a glitch.

In Blazeblue I main pic related, and while there are tons of combos that I practice they do not define my entire play style. I can rush down with this loli or I can hang out in the air a full screen away and punish my opponent with various options. Jump-ins aren't a commitment and I'll regularly bait out the other person using empty jumps/air blocking or simply double jump or dash away. Anime fighters let you play more mind games which is why they are just pure fun.

I don't know why people get so intimidated by these games. If you have fun playing them, you'll naturally get better. They see pros and expect that to be the norm and everyone plays just like that. People are so afraid to lose they don't take their loss as a learning experience, but a shot at their pride. I had to get my ass kicked plenty before doing well in Gundam Versus. Now I win most of my matches and I'm just slightly worse than the rooms made by tourney players. I would like to play more with those guys to get even better.

Definitely this. Playing Nitroplus, I can use different assists to change my play style. Muramasa can play keep away until the locus swarm assists comes up and then she can play aggressively. I can use Saber with Sonico assists and sit still as the band constantly buffs Saber. Or I can use Sakura assist to keep people locked down in the corner without having to worry about them pressing a buttons.

Who else Paul Phoenix player here?

Were he announced by T5, Noctis would probably look silly but now he's pretty tame in comparison to the freakshow that is the T7 roster.

Fuckin' rats have no shame.

Death fists for life. Now my only question is who works well with Paul in the Tekken Tag games?

This is like valle as well, he finally came out and said sf5 had massive problems after defending it for over a year.

custom geesen

Are you guys ready for more disappointment with MvCI? I don't know what's the deal with Jedah's disc-locked costume, and Venom looks like shit.

How the fuck do you make Venom look like shit? Way to go Capcom.

I still can't get over that there is only 2 capcom and 4 marvel characters.

Are these from a new build?

Capcom's become the game development equivalent of turning tricks behind a 7-11.

It's probably from the last patch. So yea, Venom is a disc-locked character now like Monster Hunter, Sigma, and BLM Panther.

Jesus Christ, the slayer read him at the start of the match and got him into a corner, instead of complimenting the slayer, or at least take note of what he did for future reference, he blames it on the game. What makes it even worse is when they landed Max could've used faultless defense which would've pushed him back, he had plenty enough tension to do so. H could then get some attacks in or at the very least stop getting stomped. The mechanic was specifically made for when stuff like this happens. However he just sits there and blocks, then says things like "This is how it goes", "I deserve this for playing this game" and the most bullshit one; "Look how hard I have to work for MY damage!". Because Pressing Back + P + K is so hard. I especially hate how he says "This is how it goes", which implies that this keeps happening to him. He's been playing his game since Sign and yet he still hasn't learned when and where to use faultless defense? Pathetic.

This Webm should stand as a monument to why you should always think practical while in a match or in-between rounds/matches. Only say stuff like "I did terrible but at least I'm learning" after a session of playing. Saying "I'm sucking so hard right now!" while being cornered won't get you out of that corner.
Saying "I'll wait for his overhead then use faultless defense to push him back and after that I'll go for a crouching heavy slash to sweep him." will. Even if it doesn't, at least it's better than being a sitting duck.

The only thing he did in the corner was try using Azami one time. You'd think after that one time he would've learned to play it safe and use faultless defense but he just went back to blocking.

tl;dr if you want to git gud at fightan then don't watch Max, use practical thinking during and in-between rounds/matches and only think critical after you're done with a session, also pic related.

That's just a skin of Anti-Venom, an alternative version of Venom in the comics. They should have used an Agent Venom skin though instead.

I've already seen someone defend it because MvC1 had more capcom than marvel

Don't really play fightan games anymore but I remember that genesis tmnt game and it was some bullshit. For a nine year old anyway.

Piece of wimp!

Fixed that for you, and why learn defense when you're trampling people that don't know better?

Thanks to whomever linked the TSB stream in the last thread. These matches are solid.

This dude looks like a passive aggressive dsp

Agent Venom is trash.

Darkstalkers when?

Do you really want it at this point?

I meant Fightcade, right now.

Garou MOTW 2 when?

If Geese is the first guest character who is the second? Or am I retarded and forgetting someone.

Akuma is the first

Oh wow I am retarded.

How do you win against stream snipers, anons?
They see your every move and they see your combo before it even comes out. What a load of bullshit.

Stop streaming, faggot.
or you know, don't blame the stream for being a predictable faggot. faggot

How in the ever loving fuck would stream sniping even work for a fighting game? You both see everything simultaneously on screen regardless and streaming usually has a delay.
I think you are just trying to find an excuse for you being predictable as fuck or just being bad at the game.

Hmm

Guys, I think it's a joke.

Anyone got the guide to how to play P4AU on pc? I heard it was possible.

Who could it be now?

How do you win against brain scanners, anons?
They can see your every thought and know what decision your going to make before it enters your conscious mind. What a load of bullshit.

Not sure I understand. Are you saying I should turn on a second computer and shitpost from there as well?

dbfz leak is bullshit and fake
real leak will have this motherfuckers

it's also the latest version of the game
Persona 4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold 2.0
go to emuline

Clap
for handicap

SFV: World Warrior
by DESK

Wow, what a leak. That guy must be brave to do such a thing.

Is injustice 2 any good? I don’t play many fighting games so I thought it looked cool to play

if you dont play alot of fighting games, im sure it'll be fine. I'd recommend other games, but if you're in to DC, go for it.
People in the FGC(including me) dont typically play NRS games for their clunky feeling movement, somewhat janky animations, over reliance on rushdown mixups, and weird mechanics. But like I said, if you're not huge into fighting games, I doubt you'll notice/care
Stay away from PC ports of NRS games btw

I was just about to post that. Basically Fchamp had access to an already completed game Capcom purposely cut off for the consumers, so they can sell Disc-locked content and the SoCal scene looks good in every tourney like the Canada Cup. Capcom and the FGC keep hitting new levels of low with MvCI and SFV. It's SFxT 2.0 all over again.

Been saying this since SFV dropped and yet the slightest cover of their tracks exonerates Capcom of all blame in the eyes of Capcom's useful idiots.

FAKE

Other companies need to get busted for this too (NRS with MKX). The problem is we focus on Capcom, and let others get away with it.

Very true. Maybe this is part of their plan all along? Capcom is the scapegoat while the rest can get away with murder.

You know, Nether went to shit after WB took full control, but that's not right. SFV and MKX have different problems.
In the end, MK was the better product by a long shot, but it had really big problems too.

Do you think that now that e-sports are crashing and burning that fighting games will get good again?

This 5 year old update to an 11 year old game is still great.
I'll play you at it on PS3.

Oh yeah, tough guy? Well what if I play this game on 360 too?

"Faithful" isn't the term I'd use, but at least they look attractive unlike NRS ladies.

I won't be able to play you on 360, but godspeed.

What an awesome tournament this was.

Nope, people are still rage quitting SFV with little or no consequences. Technically, Bo Rai Cho is a disc-locked character because all he missed was his skeleton like Sigma, Monster Hunter, and BLM Panther.

No. You need to purge the FGC, and get rid of guys like Harada, Boon, Mike Z, all of Iron Galaxy, and Ono.

That is really not a problem unless you really care for those CFN points. I know about a friend that also says his points sometimes are not counted, but, really, I was talking about the gameplay, not the ASSFAGGOTS side of modern Fighters.
Not really, he was in the game only in moves if I remember correctly, not in-engine animations. The same happened to Stryker, Li Mei, Smoke, Fujin and Nightwolf. They were not on the disk.

So KoF XIV didn't fail and SNK made a big profit. Get ready for that eventscrubs damage control
archive.is/UJIwv

It sold less than a sixth of it's shipped copies 3-5 days after it came out. Meanwhile, word is SNK made some nice profit from KoFXIV. Someone should show that to the Thot Slut who wrote that article to slander KoF and it's scene.

archive.fo/uico5
You know, something like the link above can possibly happen if the FGC keeps letting companies and sleazy ESPORZ organizations get out of hand like Blizzard and Social Justice Watch. I can see someone get shit for picking a low-tier or top-tier after knowing the Smash community harassed the fuck out of someone who used Meta Knight in a final at Evo many years ago.

But people were also complaining about the ASSFAGGOT side because the "punishment" system they implemented was half-assed. So you got a temporary probation. Big whoop.

I would still argue that he's a dick-locked, but that's just me. It's very similar to BLM Panther and Monster Hunter even if Bo was there for the clip scenes. I'll agree with you that Goro was some major bullshit.

You should post that article on Ginny's twitter while saying her precious MvCI flopped hard. The Thot bitch needs to know she fucked up big time.

Amazing, just fucking amazing. Really makes you want to crack some heads open and blow some buildings up after turning in your FBI badge, doesn't it?

Kek, capcucks on suicide watch.

Huh, webms of that game don't seem to run on my browser.

I wish I knew anything about SNK games. What legends.

Brawlfags are something else. Even Smashfags know Brawl sucks.

I beg your pardon?

Sorry, it was a KoF MOBA.

Didn't capcom kind of pull this? I remember seeing a video where a bunch of pros were talking about SFV's balancing and they mentioned how it felt like the balancing was done solely to shuffle whichever characters were played

That music does not fit at all.

The SFV and MvCI leak mentioned in the last thread popped up on a nip site, now with pic related.
To summarize: S3 is Sagat, Sakura, Cody, Sodom and two newcomers, likely Roxy and a Doll. Also, allegedly, Oro, Q, Necro and Viper will be added for free as part of the update.

blog.esuteru.com/archives/20021504.html

That's just from the video, I think. I'm unsure if the game actually has music.

not muh necro
NOT MUH Q

Who is your Arcana Heart wife? Mine is pic related.

Hi guys. It's GigaDev.

I'm still working on the game in case you're wondering. Sorry I've been quiet.

I thought this was confirmed fake.

Why the fuck would I care about you if you don't have a gameplay demo? Have you decided to learn something yourself or are you still whining about contractors not having enough free time for you?

It reeked of bullshit but the image has three silhouettes which are pretty clearly Sagat, Sakura, and Sodom. That gives it some credibility, but the stuff about Mother 3 still makes me feel ambivalent.

Why are fighting games on PC always dead? Even most of fightcade shit is empty except for Kof 2002 and SF3

Press the red button on your vest, Mohammed.

I fap exclusively to Eko doujins though.

Hi. It's good to see you has put your autism aside and is still working on your fetish game. also, nice model.

But, seriously, how much is the dev progress? ~15%?

The game has a cool concept, but it looks like no one will play in this timeline.

Oh fuck, you again Psychojosh? Back for more, huh? You still don't have a game demo after all this fucking time, yet you have the time to act like a faggot on Twitter? Really?

OK, the model looks nice. It seems like that those concepts helped I guess. Keep it up and deliver the demo! I mean, the guy from that mugen game already have a demo with two fighters.

It got pushed back because I decided I should have a few more characters playable in the demo.

Twitter doesn't exist for any other reason mate

Doesn't make it an excuse to be a dumb, lazy faggot.

That's a huge bitch!

The best kind.

Whatever nerd

Seriously, why are capcucks the worst shills?
Even Capcom themselves are bad at shilling.

Lets all sit back and enjoy Maximilian get bodied.

Do you even have a completed character, you incompetent fuck? I'm not a developer, and even I know this shit. You don't have a playable alpha because you don't even have a fucking playable character for someone to test out; you're too busy getting that attention again (I can't wait for your "THIS GUY A GOON" trick again).

Just shut the fuck, and work on the game instead of coming here for attention with one shit post after another. I'll give you props if you stop posting for a long time until you have something that makes people want to give a shit (even though we'll still hate you, and think you're a big faggot like Marn).

why aint you postin about it on your goon forward operating base /cow/

i dont give a FUCK im takin my time and postin piecemeal updates when i wanna

Glad to know you never change, Josh. I'm sure everyone wants to hear about your shitty new fetish character of the month while you do jack shit for your game, but go ahead, keep yelling at people they're goons with another sock puppet account here and there to promote your dumb fetish, goon faggot.

wheres the ED page or do you not have enough on me for one yet

Don't you have better things to do than wonder if someone is making an Ed page on your stupid goon ass like, I don't know, making a playable alpha of your fucking game?

Almost forgot about this game.

People hating you doesn't automatically make them goons.

post combos you do every time you rev up fighting games
not necessarily hard

Can I ask something about Smash here? I know, is not really a fighting game but I just want to know a few things, what are the "advanced" techniques you can do on Smash 4? I recently got a 2DS and I want to play Smash with some friends every now and then, I'll probably be a scrub anyway since I like characters like WFT and Peach.

This has to be the most unappealing, autistic trailer I've seen for a fighting game character. You can hear the autism from Sirlin. How's the
current build for the game?

Peach is nice, levitate air smash and mushroom setup on the ledge.. something along those lines
now get out

What about those things like wave dash and cancels? I'll search for all other info, just want to confirm those things.

Yup, Ginny the Thot slut from Eventscrubs did a great job getting more people to play MvCI with that KoF-slandering article. Everyone sure is stoked for Venom knowing he was already completed with the last two, and Fchamp had early access with his SoCal buddies.

LOL IT KEEPS GETTING LOWER!

Reminds me how full on shilling Max is doing. Openly too.

Seeing it got as low as 68 today.

Thinking back to SFV, Vs Tekken, SF4…..like these were decades ago?
This cancer needs to be removed.

That hurt my soul…A LOT! Max better find something soon if he wants to keep that weed supply flowing.

We're hitting Battleborn-tier levels of bad here.

holy crap, rpcs3 runs VF5FS well now
now i dont have to rev my ps3 now to play this
also play Atelier Rorona on the side

fitting name

he was actually tolerable up till that video. Right after that part I never watched his shit again. What a fag.

that's a lot better than last time

It's like GG and Overwatch had a retarded baby.

I got bad news for you, brah.

You know what I mean, that's why I used quotation marks, just the frame exploits and so on.

You can do perfect pivots, which are constant near-frame-perfect inputs to move left and right without the skid animation from running.
You can use bidou, which is a control scheme that asks you to bind jumping to a shoulder button and do other similarly unintuitive things to access frame-perfect inputs more easily.
You can learn Bayonetta's combos, because she's about the only character who has them.
You can use B-reversing and item throws to wavebounce, which is kind of like an airdash into the ground (and also requires very precise inputs in a game with a 10-frame buffer on literally everything).

And that's about-
You . . . you can't wavedash in Tr4sh due to the way the airdodges work. user, how new are you?

Why would anyone play this game?

Wait, I just finished the trailer. Why did the panda shake his ass at me? What the fuck, Sirloin?

Like Dante and Dormammu and Ultron and Jedah and Rocket and that's fucking it. I will forever cherish his bitch ass getting raped by that Slayer.

Thanks, about wavedash, I know it stopped with Brawl but I am not even that familiar with all the terms.

Ultimately your life is your life, but I would recommend something like the pirated and jury-rigged version of Melty Blood/Arcana Heart if you wanted to have the same emphasis on movement Smash has, but in a fighting game.

I think WFT is often played optimally by camping the ledge and charging the sun ball. Peach can be more aggressive with her floating aerials and she can use turnips to control space.

Why not just play Project M at this point?

because PM is dead and nobody's tried to update it.

Most fighting games are finished and not updating and this shouldn't be a problem unless you've been playing the game for years and have already mastered it. As long as you have a friend to play with does it even matter? You make it sound like Sm4sh is also constantly updating. And even if it did, it has as much depth as Smash 64.

it's been really nice without you actually

Note to self: make a webm of Max eating a hammer, a counter hit hammer, and two golden hammer off Faust's item super before getting dizzied and IK'd raw.
12:30

Because honestly, the only real reason for me to play Smash is the waifu-bait which includes WFT and Zero Samus, I just want to be competent at the game, oh, and emulating Brawl was kind of a bitch with those loading times, even on my toaster.

He just…doesn't fucking block. He knows it's coming and just eats every fucking thing from the super. He deserves the shit he goes through especially if he doesn't even want to try to get good at it.

This goes beyond not knowing the game. He doesn't even have fundamentals.

Arcana Heart, Nitroplus Blasters, Dengeki Bunko, Vanguard Princess, Koihime Enbu, and Dead or Alive all have that department covered and more.

I mentioned some very specific ones man, I know some of those games as well, I am not exactly into FG that much to begin with, well, not recent ones, I liked Darkstalkers and I can still SFA when I have some decent controllers.

I had no idea someone with my skills could be a (((community leader.)))

Well you have decent taste, at least. Have fun with your friends, man.

Why not ask for recommendations then? What are you looking for in a fighting game or what do you dislike about them?

Is kind of hard to tell when it comes to fighting, I like the spectacle but I hate having too much shit going on like in MvC, I like combos which are more about "impact" and less about being long and fancy, Darkstalkers had a nice chain system for example, but let's illustrate it with KoF.

Compare this:

With these:

So this would vote out games like Blazblue, UNIEL, KoF13, GG, and a few others. I would say give Dead or Alive V, Virtua Fighter V, Aquapazza, SFEX+A2, Soul Caliber 2, Samurai Shodown V (though it barely has combos), and Last Blade 2 a try.

Of all those games though, I enjoyed DoA5, SC2, and Aqua the most.

am i retarded or is adding friends on pokken completely fucking useless?

there's no way to message anybody on the switch and you can't invite anybody to play with you

literally what is the point

I have enjoyed Guilty Gear XX and the like, as for 3D fighters, DoA was kind of simplistic but Tekken was more balanced, Soul Calibur 1 was one of my favorites, 2 was good enough, what I like about a fighting game is when its mechanics are quite simple to use but still have some depth, I am of course not a hardcore frame reading player, I can learn to chain but I like to get the feeling rather than look at a detailed frame data chart.

For half a second there I expected him to yell something about "online combos" and "I WAS BLAHKING DOOD!"

Why Alpha2 Rose is S-tier

I only ever played the SNES one. Like it well enough, is there any good Genesis netplay emulator?

SSFIIX Watahhh

One looks like an aids victim, one looks like a sex offender and one looks like Asian Hank Hill.

looks like he has a beak

try doing that to me
i main Taka

Marvel shill gets fucked by a furry. Best timeline.

I love the watchy inputs for certain moves in AH that make them way more memorable and character appropriate even, like in Yoriko's power up where you go into a stance and draw a pentagram with the stick to buff yourself

it's ridiclious this wasn't in the game to begin with but i'm glad we have it now

Is Inj2's story mode good enough to pirate the game when it's cracked?

pirate it anyways and form your own opinions, personally, I'd just watch the story on youtube

I'd do that but it'll probably be about 50 gb and that would take me about 3 days to download. Not worth it if it's shit. I can just watch it if it's short I guess

NRS hates fun, don't they?

I thought he was dead

might be simply in reference the spirit of future to the fact that it often resembles depictions Death

Rule about capeshit and mortal kombat: Death is more like a penalty box and you'll get back out of it when a writer gives enough of a shit about the character.

I want to marry Saki and Akane's legs. I also have a thing for nuns so Elsa and Clarice are up there. But Heart will always be my favorite.

Not even that. They want to have their cake and eat it too. They'll make characters that are pure fanservice like R.Mika and Menat. Then they censor for those progressive points. Thing is this helps no one. The fanservice characters may attract some but will permenately push prudes away. And censorship won't make said prudes buy the game, but push away the horny consumers who wanted those fanservice characters. Censorship doesn't attract anyone and fanservice characters will. There is no reason for their censorship.

Man that special is a work of art. Not only is it kind of sexy, but it's also kind of funny with the different animations and sounds.

Arika's new game is officially called Fighting EX Layer now, Beta starts December 11 with six characters playable in total: Kairi, Garuda, Skullomania, Darun Mister, Allen Snider, and Shirase.
blog.us.playstation.com/2017/11/15/fighting-ex-layer-coming-to-ps4-beta-begins-december-11/

More like they're too lazy to make more models and animations for it.

Title is a little autistic, but I have to say, I'm pretty excited to try this.

this super was the only reason why Demitri was my first darkstalkers character. This series was honestly one of the best things capcom has produced, shame it'll never get a proper good sequel

Also new trailer showing Shirase's redesign

Is it because of the zoom in or are the spark hit-effects really excessive

I guess they're keeping up with the SFEX pattern of the hit-effects getting more more noticeable with each game. If it gets a sequel they'll get even more excessive

That key art is fucking gorgeous.

at least they brought back her old hairstyle somewhat

I'm hoping they keep her original model as an unlockable costume or make it a secret character like what Bloody Hokuto was to regular Hokuto.

I think have a point to, but, you know, I am pretty sure both SNK and Arc would be A-OK with that.

Well, so now Kairi must stop his sister from getting CURAZY. I can't say I found it bad, but it is curious they changed her so much.

I don't think so, I remember they said on twitter that they had plans to change Hokuto Shirase in this version, and think about it, they changing her name is the biggest proof that was the case. She is Shirase, not Hokuto, as Kairi already stated before. So, she is not Hokuto anymore.

I know. It just seems like a waste of a good character model if they don't recycle it for a costume or secret character

So, people will call this as FEL or FEXL?

Well, this too. And if they really do this, they will gonna sell the chick versions as DLC alternate costume later.

Noice. porn when

What's a good fightstick for a first timer? Decided to bite the bullet and finally get one instead of using a controller.

Venom, cheap and easy to swap out what the defaults which are ok for starting out for what ever higher quality parts you may want down the line and still come out paying less then for a standard already made stick with the parts.
I'd say if you want to upgrade the buttons later get Hayabusa buttons and lever (tl note: lever = stick)

for you

I'm using the Madcatz TES2+ and it's done me well, but there's no lifeline for support/warranty since the company is bankrupt. Hori's Real Arcade Pro (RAP) is also a solid stick, but pricey. I'd recommend looking around on Kijiji or something to see if you can find used sticks in the $100-150 range and then researching your selection. Buying a stick new is expensive, and you can usually work around it.
You can also build your own but I have no idea how the fuck to do that.

Get a Qanba Carbon they are like $60 and if you feel like arcade sticks are your jam after owning this one, sell it, and get a pro tier one later

Cheers lads

I like it but I like plain ol' Hokuto too. :^(

Confirm Blair you fuckin' faggots!

It's pretty much a given that Blair, Pullum and Cracker Jack will be in the confirmed 10 since that will be the entire Arika side of the roster from EX1

Does MVCI Venom have his original cool moveset or did they take the Thanos route and make up a bunch of completely retarded new shit for him?

boi i've been posting in these threads for eons

Out of curiosity, how long has a stick lasted for you anons?
Mine's lasted around 3 years and counting, so I'm curious as to how long they should last assuming I'm not going all streaming-faggot on it and slamming it all over the place.

Why do all the usual shills always say this exact same phrase? I've played it today, it's not that great.

Where is that gif from? Is she even hot?

That's all I play since I started playing fighting games a year ago and I'm shit, so maybe it's like learning to ride a bike but with no training wheels, in the mud, while being chased by a bear. If I get good at this game, I can do any fightan! right?

Hey is it true that if you leave $5 in quarters lying in a taco bell parking lot, roaming melty players will mistake it for a prize pool and a tournament will nature form around it?

a good stick should last you a long time. plenty of dreamcast & ps2 sticks still work as well as they ever did. generally moving to a new console will make a stick obsolete long before it fails mechanically. thankfully legacy support has become almost universal now.

the way she's drawn reminds me of shindoL

there are a lot of eccentricities that are specific to melty alone but learning any fighting game makes learning every other game considerably easier except vf or tekken

Yea yea yea laugh it up big guy. My favorite fightan will be HUGE one day soon, just you wait!

I would also like to know the answer to both of those questions

Hey, you. Yes, you user. What are you looking at, huh?

No, play a real man's fightan instead.

That side ass window is giving me a boner.

i miss vf's stage variety so much. it's absurd that tekken only has one floor break

she's a masterful strategist

Yes but does it make you feel like Batman?

You used to be wholesome. What am I going to tell my wife's son?

Really though, a bit sad the original's going down the drain. They could take the opportunity and make this one a unlockable sub-boss. Maybe they'll take the opportunity and make a pre-order bonus instead.

Yeah, it's also absurd that Tekken's bajiquan character isn't even a bajiquan character Paul is actually closer to what a bajiquan character would fight like, only instead of elbowing you to the gut for big damage he smashes you with his fist instead

Because they are still in the denial stage of grief. Be gentle with them the VS just died in front of them.

thegameawards.com/awards/#best-fighting-game

Good to know I can trust these meaningful, well-researched awards.

Why is everyone assuming they are replacing Hokoto because of the trailer?… All it looks like its implying is she has an evil and good version playable.

Well the best fighting game released this year isn't localized so there is not much to work with.

sounds like Shirase's theme is a remix of embed related. the EVO trailer also had a remix of Ryu's EX1 theme.

Nah, Capcom just got hit by a lightning bolt of inspiration. They'll be swimming in cash any time soon. :^)

Because apparently they've said before she was going to be heavily changed.

I do feel they mean that in a story context. I highly doubt they would go through the trouble of modeling her, only to throw her away.

It was at .13m last time. It's still pitiful that they didn't even get a sixth of their total units sold after two months.

Wasn't she supposed to kill Hayate/Kairi?

If the Japanese soundtracks for Dragon Ball, DBZ, and DBGT are pre order bonuses, does that mean we can get pic related as well?

Finally got around to making a new main chart for Rev 2. Here are the descriptions I have so far, including an update for Dizzy and Milia (pic related is the old chart):
Dude just block it lol.
Dude my character is ass, she dies in three hits.
Dude you can FD everything, why are you mad? I can't do ANYTHING without pin!
Dude fine I'll play Sin.
Many players were hyped for Dizzy. Then they played her. Then ArcSys buffed her so they'd stop screeching on DeviantArt. Will describe Dizzy's neutral as "not that good, really" when he isn't complaining about Raven.
Disgruntled TO who picked the one character on the roster with a fucking job. Fighting him is a learning experience, not because no-one plays the character but because he requires a university degree to use, and two to defeat. Powerless without a notebook.
A self-styled "Accent Core purist" who played AC for all of two hours once she was announced. He'll talk your ear off about how shit her new design is to disguise his love of stump humps. Actual old-schoolers don't really give a shit, and WILL read your soul for Azami counters.

archive.is/LY7Jb
TOP KEK
Also has anyone posted this to Ginny yet?

What fiasco?

pic related. So many people called out Eventhubs for it.

eventhubs already trying to damage control their last KoF XIV article

You should completely re-do the Chipp one. In Xrd Chipp has 0 flaws outside of low HP, and most Chipp players I know (and I myself am one) just like the speed boost.

Most of the "i am japanese xD" people moved on to Answer or Baiken, with the latter being the favorite of anime negroes.

Does anyone have the complete BBCF one?

keep Baiken away from negroes.

Yeah eventhubs needs to die.

I don't get it, is that Dante vs Batsu?

I honestly didn't like VF as much as I thought I would. Maybe it's because I couldn't find a character I liked, or maybe I just prefer flashier fighting games. I like VF's idea of realistic fighting styles, but it's not for me. Only VF I played was VF4:EVO.

Brawl really is something else

Nah, just watch/read Vanilla henai, isn't too weird better luck next ti-
W-W-Who told you?
Though I main Susano'o with Terumi as a pocket main and I'm in the process of trying to learn Hazama but that just means this is triple true.

flashiest VF would be VF5FS
they even added hit sparks even if it's just a little

I had a friend who played BB before I got into it. He was a Hazama player, and I main Ragna, so it'd be nice to actually play him, but he doesn't have CF on PC.

You type exactly like how I would expect a terumi main to type

Do we have an Injustice 2 pc guild boys? Looking to learn this game.

They are trying to save face knowing Capcom is in deep shit, and SNK announced their profits; unfortunately for them, it 's too little, too late. Eventscrub's reputation with other people is already down the drain thanks to their zealous fanboyism and that Thot slut they hired. It is the Kotaku of the FGC because Eventscrubs does all kinds of damage control to make shit-tiers like Menat and Ed sound like great character picks with false information, purposely hiding things.

I dunno guy, she seems a tad young

Oh don't worry josh, by all means, stay quiet. For good.

Jojos still gets players from time to time, but it really depends on the day. I never see people on marvel or vampire savior though. Kinda sucks.

I actually do not understand the point of this image. What are you trying to convey. I'm pretty sure the guy is that boxer nigger who hugs people or somrthing, but why are they as big as buildings? Why is it Koa punching him?
Help me to understand the depths of your autism, I'm at a loss for words here.

I played tr4sh for a while since the patches made roy semi fun. One thing you should know is that when you trump the ledge and they regrab it, they lose ledge invincibility, which makes for an easy kill usually. To quickly snap to ledge without ramen noodles, you need to do some weird specific pivot input when you're literally right next to the ledge. I believe its a DP motion, but I'm not too sure.

I love project m to death, but It's a janky fucking mess, dude. You ever play a rob or DDD? Shit gets really fucking stupid really fucking fast. By far the shittiest, easiest, and most annoying character is fucking wario. To make it even worse, more and more wario mains are coming out of the woodworks to drift out of my fucking grab
maining roy is pain, sethlon save me

Darkstalkers has become one of my favorite, if not my favorite fighting games of all time for the sheer amount of painstaking and beautiful detail put into each characters design, moveset, and animations. I fucking love each on of these characters and this is why I main demitri.
I should probably stop randomly going for midnight bliss

Watching some more DBF gameplay I feel it seems a little too casual. By that I mean everyone's combos a little too similar to the point that it's the most boring part of the fight. Characters really shine when they're not actually doing a combo but block strings and set-ups. But as soon as they touch someone, all their uniqueness goes away.

It's usually just a 3 hit ground combo in launcher, jA, jB, jC jump repeat and then a special move followed by a super. Depending on the assist they can chain that again and maybe add in one of those telporting cross-up attacks to do a bit more hits. For the most part, I've described most of the cast's combos.

It's still the beta though and maybe as time goes on we will get some unique combos with some cool loops. I'll just have to wait and see.

I also changed the first sentence of Potemkin's description to be less wordy, but the hidden banepost is still there.

A speed addict, sometimes literally. Did you know that Gamma Blade is +5 at all ranges? And can be YRC'd? And still freezes you on trades? The Chipp main knows, and he is making the most of his ability to raw dog you in neutral AND the corner while it lasts.
Better? I'd forgotten how dumb Chipp is in this version.

To my knowledge there is no complete Central Fiction chart. Be the change you want to see, user.

I was considering adding something about "high IQ combos" since Raven is still pretty one-dimensional in Rev 2, but it didn't seem worth the change since he was technically nerfed.

The age of Fatso may be upon us, but I have special surprises for you when your time comes bucko.

See vid related. Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown.
VF is hella fun, but maybe you just dint find the guy for you. Virtua Fighter excels in the moment to moment gameplay; you pick the fighting style that the characters use, not really the character. Beating your opponent in those rapid exchanges where turns swap at an insanely rapid pace is where the fun really lies in VF.

The best bit about the hit effects is the way how they tell you how you hit your opponent. White? Hit him normally. Yellow? Hit him on counter. Blue? Hit him on the side on counter. It's so simple, yet it goes a long way to helping you make the best moment to moment decisions.

eat 500 dicks, ky's redesign is probably the thing that pisses me off most about this game, even more than the existence of sin or bedman. He was turned from a young, yet masculine devout soldier of god into this fucking feminine pony-tail having fuck. Doesn't help that they'll probably butcher robo-ky even more.
I would actually really like baiken's redesign if not for that stupid god damned eyepatch goggle. Why the hell couldn't it just be an eyepatch, it would looks so much fucking better.

I remember seeing one posted here before, with the Susanoo description being something along the lines of "we've got a bad dude for you if you thought Hazama and Terumi weren't bad enough dudes for you" or something like that.

I remember looking at Lau, Goh, and Aoi and thinking they seemed cool. I'm just not very good with playing VF on pad, and I'm terrible at pressing 3 buttons at once on a PS2 controller constantly. Also I heard Aoi and Goh are difficult to learn, in an already hard to learn fighting game.

Lau is pretty straight forward, pretty easy character

Goh is made easier in VF5FS like a different approach compared to VF4 Evo, more newer strikes fitting for a character like him

Aoi didnt change and her core gameplay is still in tact. She often relies on cancels, parry and good oki game

First time I've heard anyone complain about him. What do you dislike?

Out of the three characters that you mentioned, Aoi has to be the hardest of the bunch to play effectively.
You'll have to learn how to do move cancelling to create a confusing offense Actually cancelling the move is pretty simple however. You just press guard.
Goh is pretty easy to play, the hardest thing has to be either doing full/half circles or pressing the guard command when certain moves hit. If you practice, you'll get the hang of these kinds of moves and then you'll be able to do it with everyone almost.
Lau is the simplest and easiest character of the lot you mentioned. Almost all of his moves are easy to perform and they hit like trucks too.

VF is not really that hard to learn when you keep these simple rules in check:
VF runs on turns.
When you do a string or a low and it either hits your opponent or he blocks it, your turn is over and it is your opponent's turn now.
The same rules apply to your opponent. When they finish their string, it is your turn.
If you throw your opponent and he breaks the throw, it is now his turn. The same is true if you break the throw.
If you wish to keep your turn, standing jabs and some moves that take a really long time coming out will allow you to hold onto your turn.
Strikes will always beat grabs.
Grabs will beat guarding opponents.
Guarding beats strikes.

These simple rules should get you going. If you would like a more in-depth explanation of the rules of VF, check out this video from about 1:36 to about 3:33.

everything. I despise everything about bedman. I'll let you in on a little secret, I have never played bedman. I have no idea what he's like truth be told, and I haven't played anyone who has either. So I have no real criticisms in that area. But his design infuriates me to degrees I never thought possible.
Have you ever sat down and took a look at bedman? Ever really just gave him a quick analysis?
Look at this god damned thing. I can't see where he starts or where he ends. It looks like a bunch of random shit tacked on. Sure sure, we had characters like zappa and aba, but they still fit, albeit tenuously among the guilty gear cast.
My main problem which I find has infected a majority of xrd and onwards cast is that more and more guilty gear is becoming blazblue in design.
Don't get me wrong, I like blazblue, but I'll be damned if I let guilty gear transform into blazblue. The two are completely separate entities that should stay separate. Bedman however, is only the most glaring of these problems. Elphelt and ramlethal also clash hard. Even worse are how the redesigns (primarily ky) have altered the characters halfway beyond recognition.
a case could certainly be made for dizzy, but lets not kid ourselves, she was never a stellar design. I love her to death, but not even I can earnestly say she is a good character

pretty interesting video. Some other characters I forgot to ask about were Sarah and Vanessa. Are they hard to learn? Vanessa in particular got my attention.

Dizzy is straight up Deviantart tier. Angel and death "wings", blue anime hair and red eyes, a newt tail, and a outfit you would expect on an expensive whore. She's supposed to be innocent but doesn't dress like it at all but that's part of the joke. And for some reason this version of her has belts and belt buckles just thrown everywhere. Highthighs, shoes, corset/coat, and even on her shoulders. They also gave her thick thighs like how they gave Baiken even bigger tits.

All that aside, they put a lot of love into her animations to the point it makes her entertaining to watch.

that's because dizzy is a M I L F now

Marketing issues pamphlets and guides for what key points and phrases they'd like shills to hit.

Child pornography.

(checked)
Forgot to mention as I thought it was implied, but this is honestly a problem. The designs for most characters in XX did have some belts here and there, but Xrd just threw them on fucking everywhere. At first nothing seems wrong with may, but I doubletake everytime my eyes reach her waist.

dizzy brings a horrible weakness of mine to the forefront. I really feel like I should despise her, but god dammit her romance/marriage with ky is so fucking cute. Though it still produced sin, which is overall negative

Both Sarah and Vanessa have multiple stances, but Vanessa has less stances to worry about.
Vanessa strikes hard, strikes fast and she has two stances, a defensive stance which hides faster strikes that do less damage and an offensive one which has some of her more powerful techniques locked behind it. She also shares moves between stances but, with practice, you'll come to learn what moves are shared, what moves are different and so on. Her inputs can be a bit tricky as she has quite a few moves where you'll have to grab the opponent when you hit them, and some dancing between backwards and forwards, but they're nothing to crazy; with some practice you'll get them down.

Sarah is extremely powerful in VF4 EVO, one of the strongest. Simple big damage combos. She's pretty flashy to boot, throwing knees and standing on one leg whenever she feels. The big difference between Sarah and Vanessa is some of Sarah's moves will automatically put her in her flamingo stance and moves in flamingo stance will take her out of it so you'll have to take care about what moves you use, lest you find yourself stuck in a stance that you don't want to be in. With practice and knowledge of her movelist however, you'll find that these moves are extremely helpful for sliding in between her stances, creating a confusing offense in the process. Her moves are simpler to do in terms of inputs, but controlling when you want to be in your stances is the hard part about playing Sarah. Nothing a little practice cannot fix. She can also manually leave a stance without having to press an attack button if you find yourself stuck in a stance you don't want to be in, or just to confuse your opponent further.

much better.

chipp is for people who want to win now

Xrd is my first fighting game, so I can't really disagree with you, but I see what you mean. I like Bedman because of his personality and wonderfully degenerate gameplay mechanic, so his visual design is kind of secondary.

Dizzy is so stupid I can't help but like her. I don't think much changed from +R to Xrd for her design. I wonder if that's due to the amount of work a redesign would have required (the dev team didn't want her to win the popularity poll because she'd require three character models) or if it's because they really like her design.

i remember reading somewhere that she was literally designed to be doujin bait.

oh and she is. The most degenerate doujins of all time. I don't think I've ever read a dizzy doujin that didn't involve either rape, futa, guro, or scat. Usually all of them at once.
Hell, pretty sure she was the original shitting dick nipples.

As a guy who started with XX but then got swept up in EVO fever, go back. Even if you're getting more players and whatnot, it's really not worth playing an inferior version of the game. I'm not a good player, I'm really not. But I really believe you will have more fun and a more fulfilling experience playing +R.

What makes +R so much better anyway? I played Reload a ton but not much of +R.

I really hope ArcSys reconsiders Bedman's design when Bedgirl replaces him, he's visually an absolute mess.

Heck I really hope they reconsider the design of all of the new characters except Leo and Raven because I like how they look even if I don't care for how they play.

She was.

most content with the pre-xrd system intact.

is it really too much to ask to have a vanilla ky/dizzy doujin. Dizzy isn't good for anything but sex, so it might as well be cute marital sex

There should've been more curbstomping scenes.

My local scene is a university club of roughly a dozen regulars who meet once a week, so I don't really have many options. You'd think there'd be enough people to have more than one scene in a city large enough to support three universities, but you'd be wrong. Scores of Smashfags, though, who are surprisingly well-adjusted from what I saw when I tried to get into Melee last year. I'm sure they'd enjoy Melty or something if they played it, but they never will.

Anyway, the games I can play and actually have opponents in are:
So a lack of choice is definitely a factor, since I'm trying to shift hobbies and get out of the house and there wouldn't be much point in learning a game only to play it online. I appreciate your concern, but I haven't been playing at anything resembling a semi-competent level for more than a week or two, if I'm being generous. My reactions in particular are trash because I played Magic: the Gathering for the last four years as my default competitive game; I honestly don't know whether or not I'd be able to adjust to something as fast as +R while getting my ass handed to me by veterans.
Perhaps this is the same bunk you've heard before from newfags who don't want to learn. I don't know. All I can tell you is I deeply enjoy Xrd and I wouldn't have anyone to play with if I tried to learn +R.

I like the idea of bedman as a character, if only he was designed during XX days.
He would look a lot more gritty no doubt

Injustice 2 (on PC) worth the price for a guy that likes DC capeshit and isn't a hardcore fightan player? Or should I just wait until it gets cracked because Denuvo, if it hasn't already.

wait for Denuvo to be cracked
always

Won't I miss out on any online multiplayer in that case though? I feel like that might be kind of important in a fightan game for replayability.

Online is kind of a meme. If you have some friends to play with, you'll be fine.

Don't get ahead of yourself, dude.

play fightan for couch co op and the single player

if you live in burger land find some local casuals

Thanks for the advice lads. I'll just wait on the crack, and if I get THAT tired of beating on AI I can pick it up later on sale or something I guess.

if you're in the U.S, remember to be careful when torrenting popular U.S games, your ISP may jew you, VPNs are always worth the money

Bruh the online is barely alive on consoles the PC version is gonna die faster. There is no reason to pay for it

Never ever. Self-inserting into martial bliss is too hard for autists

t. autist

Don't support the status quo, cunt, break it.
Unless you want more shitting dicknipples

t. autist

why live…

Well, if sin was my son, I wouldn't exactly call it happy.
So that one day, you can have a happy family. One day, you can be ky. I don't mean feminine ponytail ky, I mean badass masculine warrior of god ky. Only you can decide, user.

But no one likes Answer, do they? Isn't Baiken really bad in Rev 2?

Really new to fighting games started last year with Rivals of Aether
bought two very cheap and shitty sticks just to see how i would like to like the genre the other one is for the friends
i wanted to try the bigger number of games and fell in love with melty blood. too bad friends only wanna play skullgirls so i'm basically only playing this who i don't hate but really don't like either.
so, i rarely see SG talked her, is it good? is it good starting on it? how much will my anus bleed when AH3SS will come out and i will inevitably try out the online?

Kolin & Karin are the worst blondes in SFV

You shut your whore mouth faggot ass bitch

I just learned that Rose in Alpha2 is super-aggresive compared to her SF4 version.

Watching these characters spotlights kind of reminded me of old Twisted Metal endings. Not bad.
By the way, this just launched.

It succeeds well at what it tries to do, but what it tries to do is be a "fixed" version of Marvel 2. Thing is, Marvel 2 was as good as it was because it was so broken it was impossible to fix. The animation is good and the character designs are good, but the combos are so rewarding you're kind of fucked if you try to do anything that isn't rushdown > confirm into super long, 30-hit, 15-second corner carry combo > reset >repeat. You won't be choosing between a damaging combo, a corner carry combo, a combo that sets up for oki really well, etc. Just do your best combo at all times and never let your opponent breathe - neutral suffers, zoning suffers; basically everything that isn't braindead setplay suffers.

There was also Lab Zero's stupid censorship of their characters, their unfinished characters, broken promises, and their questionable Brown Girl Adventure crowdfunding campaign, but that's probably secondary to your question, which I assume was about gameplay. I would certainly not buy Skullgirls, and I have no personal interest in playing it because I hate combos more than 8 hits long.
You won't learn any fundamentals and the combo "feel" you will learn won't be applicable to anything but hyper fighters like Marvel, so I think it's a bad place to start. Then again, having fun with your friends is the end goal of any fighting game: if they honestly enjoy SG, don't make them feel bad for it, but do try to get them playing actually good games. Melty would probably teach you better fundamentals, honestly, unless you play one of the more complex characters.

HE COMES

If she's supposed to be a jap, why does she look and sound like an autistic beaner?

immersion ruined

Don't really care for this set of characters. Would have rather had more unique characters. Though Kid Buu does fight completely different from the others there. Mystic Gohan barely even does anything to have an iconic moveset.

HE COMES

And with that they have secured my money. Hopefully somebody will mod a Future Gohan costume into the PC version.

What about Ed?

Speaking of which, Hue-Kira, the dataminer that's been spreading SFV's metaphorical cheeks more often than a Kevin Spacey production states that the leak is bullshit and the S3 so far has 4 characters - Sagat, Sakura, the other chick from Ed's story and someone unknown.

Still no Roshi, still no Mr Satan, still no Pilaf Machine, still no buy.

who cares who's worst or best girl in a shit game. Both are already weighed down by it, so its a pretty unfair assessment.

Well, there is still ginyu

esto es el fin, grande padre

It's telling that I gradually stopped playing SG after the last IGG character was finished but I really wish the roster was better. Maybe it's because I have never been a fan of the Marvel VS series outside of TvC, but what keeps me coming back to Guilty Gear, and what gets me excited about a lot of 1v1 style fighting games is unique mechanics on characters and Lab Zero did not deliver on that for their characters.

I think it's a symptom of designing with a team format in mind but character mechanics like Hatred Guard, Sekhmet, hype, and noise cancels feel under utilized. Having simpler characters just works when you are asking players to use up to 3 in conjunction.

Sekhmet in particular frustrated me because of how gimped she feels. No mobility options, no specials and because she takes meter to be active it's basically combo filler for 1-3 hits. Contrast that Valkenyayne from BlazBlue and you have his wolf form with 6 normals (3 ground/3 air) and at least 4 specials and a seperate meter so players are encouraged to stay in his wolf form. He's still combo filler in actual play but he feels a lot more realized and not as stiff.

There were a lot of interesting character designs during the initial funding, but with the benefit of hindsight I don't think L0 would have been able to make them as interesting as they appear on paper.

Well, the game is Brazilian, but, maybe they could not get a Japanese VA that could speak english well. But, TBH, that would be so much better!

This looks like shit user.

Yep. It's a small game from a small company that are trying some new stuff. The one fighter from Brazil that will be interesting is going to be Suits of Fate. in fact, they had been showing animations and scenarios designs for some time now, so, there is development.

Never ever

Actually, Gohan looks pretty interesting. He has a dragon install in the form of "unlocked potential mode," which gets stronger and stronger the more meter you have. This probably makes him a very good anchor, as you can build meter with your other characters and clean house with him. This is similar to SSJ2 Gohan's crazy level 3, which is a guaranteed half life with four bars.

Picked up kof14 on a sale, been trying to git gud at it but not really going anywhere. Anyone got some good resources on it?

tissuemon is streaming atm

juicebox's videos on neutral in xiii largely still apply.
>youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZbBoZgd9o1mooAX-0W1PeIT0Q_DJ_Pta
some stuff on xiv
>youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZbBoZgd9o1mAUpu-zavo5igbgv_XPHkM

So capcom finally is doing a balance patch for MvCI and good lord the amount of shit they changed.
archive.is/Stkvp

Looks like they completely fucked Dante.

Maybe Dante's nerf will bring back more playe-

The best part is that they dropped this right before their own massive final tournament of the year

Goddamn that's worse than Ryu's wall of nerfs in SFV S1.

archive.is/vCrW7

You know, they actually could have done that with USFIV. Would have been great to see vanilla Sagat vs AE Yun vs Ultra Elena in some charity tournament bracket.

More characters for Cross Tag Battle get revealed tomorrow. Calling it now, Yukiko is gonna be one of the next reveals. Also there's been a lot of new character reveals recently.

gonna say Tager, Yukiko, Pyrrha or Jaune, and either Merkava or Gordeau byakuya when

Those numbers are way lower than I expected

F

Wonder if it will affect DBFZ?

When I try to do half circles on my pad, I keep missing down for some reason, but this pad is less than a week out of the box and I don't think I've abused it yet.

Not to read heartless, but, you do know seiyuus have understudies and get replaced often? What would be depressing is if Akira Toriyama would die during development, where would the story end then?
Though dying buckled ready to drive off from work reads horrible.

What?

JP VA just passed away.

a pretty sad day for DB fans

The game was probably her last job

In other news, BBTAG just got more UNGA!

Gatoray videos are good for tech too: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLawmXJf0GAHh0dmv59LOpyLa1PUQuMs-n
But the good old DandyJ video from OP
still applies someone should make a new one for XIV
Or do you have something more specific in mind like team building or move properties?

Fuck, man. Double "F".

I really didn't expect him in. When's Adachi and Terumi reveals? I really want those two faggots.

Azrael is definitely a surprise. I expected all of the main cast to be announced prior to his inclusion. Personally hoping Bang and Hakumen make it in.

pic unrelated

Finally. A good character that uses a scythe

What is this king of fighters destiny thing?
Also, i'm going to buy kof14 and it's dlc at full price now because i want to support SNK.

A free CGI anime on Youtube/Steam that's a big remixed retelling of KoF 94. It's cheap looking but surprisingly decent.

Huh. Well this came out of nowhere, the PS4/Vita Last Blade 2 port is now on steam;
store.steampowered.com/app/702110/THE_LAST_BLADE_2/

Reminder that Geoff is an unbearable, unfunny sjwcuck who defended SFV's censorship with Max (and Bizarro Mike, since Mike bitched about Laura's design like the scummy, SjwJew he is). Here's another reminder Geoff used the victim card when he got called out for being a shitty QA at Iron Galaxy.

(checked)

The more I think about Meek Russ, the more it feels like he got sick of the ESPORZ horseshit and is just unable to say so due to a Capcom/Sony/Twitch gag order.

The irony is he sort of responsible for affecting the fgc with ESPORZ.

Maybe he feels responsible for the current state of the FGC then? Or at least partly responsible. And that's why he got out, the aforementioned gag order keeping him quiet about it.

I do remember seeing that video a long time ago and forgotten about it.
I guess I never really sat down and went through it and grind out the fundamentals as much as I should have. Gonna hammer that out more.

Why is Sakura still wearing her bloomers and sailor suit?
She's like over 20 years old right about now.

Because some stupid assholes will believe her "I'm only 16 teehee" spiel and pay top yen.
She'll probably keep it going until her 40s.

You can ask these kind of questions in any fighting game. Why the fuck is Lau Chan dying of some incurable mystery terminal disease for a whole decade now?
Why is Andy going down the "g-gotta train tho" fighting game hobo loser route like Ryu and not being a good husband of Mai and father of half a dozen of their disgusting hapa children?

I dunno, why doesn't terry fuck blue mary already and raise his own kid for a change

He isn't tho. KoF XIV confirmed Mai and Andy now live together.

Wow, they live together now. Amazing. Where's the wedding ring? Where are the half a dozen disgusting hapa children running around?

And why can't Iori move on with is life and his "new girlfriend?"

(checked)

The real question is, is ryo going to become the next mr karate?

Women oftentimes have extreme difficulty with aging. Perhaps she's trying to appear as young as possible for as long as possible.

Oh shit my Congoid, I apologize, I had no idea that Andy and Mai just started dating six months ago, maybe if Andy did what a MAN is supposed to he wouldn't have to pass down the style to some autistic mountain child.
What the fuck is the SNK universe timeline even like?

At least he's not coughing up blood for decades like Gen. And Akuma STILL can't kill him. What a fuckin' scrub!

Maybe Andy is a victim of soy-poisoning.

He'll probably have to kill Takuma to end the Kyokugen-ryuu business spree. It's probably going to be a accounting firm in the next game.

When is Kyoko going to molest some students?

Hey! It's just a theory. A soooooooooooooy theory.

The AoF team ending in XIV seems like a perfect way to lead into Ryo forming his own team and dawning the Mr.Karate persona.

That's what happens in the FF/AoF Universe where Andy realizes not to stick his dick in crazy.

Which one? FF/AoF universe, Fu'un universe, KoF Universe, NeoGeo Battle Colosseum Universe, Maximum Impact universe, ect

Wait, there's multiple universes? I thought that it would somehow be a giant clusterfuck of one huge convoluted universe.

FF/AoF Universe and KoF universe were confirmed separate a long ass time ago when when they were explaining how the AoF Team is a lot younger then they should be, how shit like Geese being alive or Athena/Kensou being born decades early.
They did it so they can continue their other games series eventually without KoF fucking their respective lore. Nakoruru in KoF XIV may be from the FF/AoF universe depending on how they handle the eventual Samurai Shodown VII

wtf i love laura now

Fix her hand and feet proportions, and maybe I'll agree with you (I'm a former Laurafag).

Can't the same be said for any SF character?

In the next thread, remind me to post the webm of Mike saying he enjoyed USFIV on a smartphone more than SFV while playing Guilty Gear Xrd.

make new thread now!

Will do. Just wait a little

Don't forget the Webm.

Don't forget the information about Fighting EX Layer's new name and beta. Someone posted it near the top.

Fuck webm, I'll link the trailers

NEW THREAD