Power Armors and shit

Apart from select few games I noticed full body power armors are very rare in vidya.
Why is that?
What are your favorite power armors?

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=el5yD2Ayokw
hooktube.com/watch?v=Qt3zywmwcA8
hooktube.com/watch?v=nDMucY-lxWQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheel_hub_motor
stalker.wikia.com/wiki/Radiation_suit),
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You forgot that new game being made by bioware called anthem.

these all look like those fucking stock renders they used to put on video cards and their boxes. its so hideous.

Fuck.

Not saying you're wrong, but I have no idea what are you talking about. Care to give some examples?

Power armor is for pussies.

Only cucks say that.

I regret nothing

he means this.

This game had some interesting but poorly execute ideas on power armor.

It's possibly the closest thing to a game based off of the Starship Troopers book.

It could be a fucking MGR clone and I'd go for it.

bring back blade mode please

The first one looks rad as fuck though.

Those are not really common.

That said, this thread has reminded me that I have more Gunvalkyrie to play. It's not really full body power armor, but it embodies a lot of what I'd want out of a game using it

Greetings, fellow man of culture

I need to get back to reading that manga. 20th Century Boys has been eating my time instead

Was it ever finished though?
How many guyvers can you wear in it now?

OP, play Rengoku 2 for the PSP. That's some great power armor related game. The first one is pretty mediocre but still worth a shot,

Not anymore

So far it seems there is just the Gigantic, which requires a whole ship, which takes what a Guyver can do and makes it "better", but Gigantic's limits aren't known. We only know that he was finally using "more" power when it came to fighting one of the Zoalords and it fully turned into a fucking Super Sentai fight on the scale of Ultraman with Gigantic becoming "exceed" and growing Godzilla big.

But seriously, this shit writes it's self for a P game with starting with Guyver 1 and fighting zoanoids at close range with blades, using secondary powers outside of combat zones, and then escalating into Enzyme fights until we go full Gigantic Exceed for the finale.

nope, still running, but getting closer to some sort of endgame. Running low on Zoalords, some odd female Guyver showed up, Aptom is a good guy, Agito made a second Gigantic armor so he and Sho can use them at the same time but Agito is losing his marbles due to how long the war effort is going.

Whoa hold on.
Last time I checked gigantic guyver was like 3 meters tall.
You're saying that's the next level? So you wear 3 guyvers to become gundam ultraman?

Guy will fucking die before he finishes, I'm telling you, same as berserk.

Warframe is a mixed bag of kikery and grinding, but I absolutely love how it looks when you land at a relay or Cetus and see dozens of warframes running around and chilling together.

hell, this zerebubuth fight perfectly encapsulates a sub boss who slaps your shit and makes you re-think your strategy.

It's more like
>it's implied this is somewhere around 50% of it's true power
shit is insane.

he's been sick, so the main question is:

Seeing the zoanoid boy band was fucking trippy.

That's not TerraNova, user. Why the fuck hasn't anyone made more power armor sim in the vein of MechWarrior?

Because the real meat of the franchise is the mechs.
EDF 5 soon

RIP
Somewhere out there is a timeline where HiRez actually handled GA well and didn't add Crescent Jetpacks, the Snorin Desert or 1.4 balance changes

That's for pussies.

Rate it Holla Forums.

And then they will be trowing planets at each other.

Is there any games with bone themed power armor?

Also Duke is no stranger to power suits, so fuck off with your meme.

1/10 needs more exoskeletons

I lost it at the "shit".

Does this count?

Yes.

Why so serious?

What is that from, the cancelled Duke game?

You missed the fuck out.

Ah, played the other PS1 one.

Post sexy power armor, lads.

Warframes aren't armor

aren't they organic armor?

I mean you don't wear them, but they still function as an armament that is outside of users's body/organism.
So they kinda still are exo-armor in literal sense.
fuck space kids holy shit

What I was thinking. I love the spess waifu games.

I think lore wise the only exception to that is Vauban since i'm fairly sure he isn't organic.

Samus is best girl of all vidya and Im saying that as user who hates shitendo

I'll dump all the power armor cyoa, and even the mutation and some scifi cyoa for you OP. I hope you all enjoy.

He means these things.

Hey, cuckchan faggot. We can post multiple images here.

someone is really going to have fun with these. really excited that someone just flipped from all the adventure and imagination they have just discovered. honestly better than alot of games I played. I like to feel the mass effect 1 and KOTOR 1 vibe from all of these

doing the very difficult task of uploading one at a time because I'm a poorfag on a toaster that only lets me do it this way. hope you enjoy.

by that logic I should just walk around in the jungle with no clothes on so snakes bite me right in the ass because it's the manly thing to do. Nah, fuck that I'm taking every step to protect myself. extra thick butt plating and testicular turbo jets for that extra umpfh in battle.

all I have for now. hope you enjoy these like the first time you played me1 and kotor1. damn the sequels and the people who made them.

KOTOR 2 was the better game you spamming homo.

Is Berserker Armor can be seen as medieval power armor?

The fuck is wrong with you?

My Kotor 1 and 2 review.

Major Spoilers
even with restored content mod, I felt as if the whole entire experience and story of Kotor 2 was watered down, diluted, boring, and inconsitent with itself.

The plot fell flat and didn't seem to really have a huge huge point to it, except for implying that you are revan with memory loss all over again, and going off to find yourself again the ending felt empty and all the boss fights felt painfully anticlimactic and pointless.

the dialog was good in some places but really stupid in almost every other. your chat options were interesting but felt very biased and limited in such a way that when you wanted to reply with black and white morality considering your morals fit the choices, you were forced to choose from options that were all in the gray area and were left choosing something you didn't want to say.

when you wanted to pick a moral choice that was more of a gray area and say what you really meant you were then forced to pick from moral black and white areas that didn't apply to what you wanted to say and often lead to your character unavoidably saying something you were not okay with and these issues would break the immersion of the game severely, because now your character was doing shit that wasn't what you chose for them to do.

the ending was severely guilty of this and broke the immersion for me when my character was constantly forced into betraying everything I had built them up to be by saying very stupid things that were basically the only dialog options. also, almost all the characters in the game just lied to your main character constantly, everything they said was always total bullshit designed to manipulate your main character and get them to believe things and concepts that were absolutely and totally fake so that your character would be afraid, which in some ways made you feel bad for the main character and constantly feel paranoid. this was very cool in some ways, but I also wanted to have allies that I could unconditionally trust. that game deprives you of this, I might say- for good reason…

the game also tried too hard to be edgy and did unbelievably awesome with that in one or two scenes, but awful terrible everywhere else.

It had alot of great features and character and weapon customization and characters and dialog that should have just been a part of Kotor one as a severely longer and more highly detailed game that continued on long after the defeat of the antagonists, possibly with some kind of open world system galaxy travel system and endless planets to explore in depth like in mass effect one (almost did this good, but needs work) the customization still felt incredibly limiting. would have been nice to make my own ship and change it however I wanted, maybe upgrade it if I felt it needed changes and make it look different. maybe be able to fly the ship and fight with it.

I like how it showed that the force has more grey in it than once thought. there's consequences for your actions, be them benevolent or otherwise. kotor 2 was a really neat deconstruction of morality, and what it means to be a 'good' person or a 'bad' person. my point is that it failed to do this, it tried but failed- but it still did a really interesting thing with it but it definitely needed work, and then seriously be improved to good quality.

Kotor 2
spoilers
>wake up after ???? happens and meet kreia
>protects you and gets her hand cut off
>teaches you some cool stuff while also constantly trying to brainwash you
>lies everywhere, everyone lying to you, shes lying to you too, and she is also lying to everyone
>also everyone is trying to make up complete lies so you worry about everything, everything is 100% bullshit
>saves you a few
>then she is like Uh Oh now I have to be the badguy for no reason and fight you but you gotta kill me so that I dont kill you because then you… uhhhh ???? something???
>kreia dies
>you get on the ship and fly away to nowhere for no reason
>THE END

the biggest lie the exile is told is that someones force powers can be taken away. I hate movies like Xmen because they always have to make powers able to be lost for some pathetic reason.

if starwars were real, you could not "lose" your force powers. the jedi masters only want to mess with the exile and use mind trickery to make her get depressed so that she just feels so shitty that she believes that she isn't connected to the force and doesn't try to use it.

some people actually believe that kreia ripped the force out of the jedi masters and thus killed them, but you can clearly see that she used life drain on them, (purple force lightning that regenerates your health concurrently) as this is one of the abilities in the game.

there is no such thing as somone being able to take away the force, 200% bullshit, and that's a good reason why kotor2 is a load

midichlorians are also bullshit, they are not the thing that makes the force, they can sometimes simply be indicators of the presence of the force, and they don't even always show up then anyway

I feel that Kotor 1 was a far superior and much more exciting and enjoyable game with a better plot and story (still kinda crappy though)

I really liked mass effect 1 and Kotor 1, but I didn't like any of the sequels and I don't respect them as real sequels.

I did like kotor2, but I didn't like it as much as kotor1. I feel like kotor2 had a very sloppy story that just felt like a poorly rehashed version of the kotor1 story. I feel like a huge amount of locations, characters, story, and gameplay from kotor2, should have been instead added to kotor1 as an HD remastered re-release of kotor1 with tons of extra content and options, +added mod tools and patches.

stop jumping to hue tier conclusions and give my opinions a chance before sperging out.

You've already proven that you're a huge faggot.

KOTOR2 also has better balance. You can actually go ranged without gimping yourself.

Nigger you are saying KOTOR 1 had better grey choices than KOTOR 2. That is objectively wrong. The dialogue choices were so bad in KOTOR 1 someone made a mod to replace nearly every single one of them.

my opinions are better than yours, and it takes one to know one ;^)

I think you misunderstand. I didn't come here to convince you, I came here to not be convinced by you.

Maybe instead of arguing about which game is better, why not we all argue about which game has better power armor?

I'm not saying kotor1 was perfect, it wasn't. I'm not some stupid fanboy that can't into logic. I'm just saying that kotor2 tried way too hard to have grey and black and white choices and failed very very hard, while constantly contradicting itself every other moment. kotor2 had no direction and was very inconsistent. it was still a very fun game of course.

kotor1 wins immediately without me involving my bias, simply because revan had the best gear.

honestly I'm not craving (you)'s but I would like to continue the conversation because I enjoy it, but if anything It would also let the thread live long enough for more people to discover the great fun scifi/powerarmor cyoa dump.

lets talk. no bullshit, just honest real talk.

your CYOA dump is why you're a faggot and why this thread will die.

They used to be fucking everywhere back when halo was still a big thing. I think people just got tired of them after a while and stopped using them.

I always did wonder what games those characters were from.

unf

honestly it's not a derailment, not even in the least. if anything it is a not so loosely, but rather strongly related contribution and complement to the thread and it's themes. people will still enjoy the thread, but even more so.

shut the fuck up and enjoy good things.

It's a massive derailment and you could've easily compressed your god awful posts by just putting a MEGA for them up or just not posting.
Actually, the latter sounds really good now; Stop fucking posting, this thread has already been shit up due to your retardation. You being from plebbit doesn't help either.

WH40k always and forever

stay mad while the rest enjoy. drink your own tears because you hate yourself cuck.

>>>/reddit/
The "rest" is just you; Shitting up what could've been a good thread with autism and shitty spam. And even then all you've done is cry because others told you to shut the fuck up and go back home.

Why would you put time and effort into being autismally delusional over a video game when you can just do that without an audience?

When's the last time you played Warframe? Warframes are robots pioleted remotely by autistic children not exaggerating. You can't fit a person inside them if you wanted too. The game explicitly tells you this in the main quest line.

the butthurt is strong with this one.

pro tip: the internet isn't for you

All you've done is shown you're the worse kind of obnoxious autist.

Also, posting best power armor in an attempt to save the thread.

warframe looks very cool, but after playing it I found it it was actually grind forever: the game.

Something about the old Marathon security officer helmets really tickles my fancy

When you realize that those autistic children are played by autistic whales, it all starts to make sense

You're one of those people who doesn't understand why everyone looks at him funny, aren't you?

wrong

sometimes you just have to tell people when they are wrong. it makes the world a better place. I wish I was joking.

this isn't even plebbit quality, this is twitter/youtube comments section tier. Step it up

Yet you're the one having a complete spergout over being told to fuck off.

I wasn't going to say anything, just download and be on my way until be6eb4 started bitching.
Thanks for the mech suit posts, mech suits are my ultimate dream and you gave me a dump truck delivery of it to live it out.
I've only done the first one, but I already had a blast making the heaviest, air-borne, close-combat mech possible.

I'm going to play Xcom some more to pretend I'm a big stongk and ruthless mec again.

Go back home faggot, and never come back.

Good job retard, you do realize that changing browsers doesn't hide you right?

I'd assume the suit processes it itself, recovers the water then releases waste automatically.

That looks like /clang/ to my eye.

The Metroid Fusion Suit or the Crysis Nanosuit. Organic power armor pushes all the right buttons for me, and it's much rarer than mech armor. Also, these are the best threads on Holla Forums. Except the "first videogame girl you fapped to" threads because all the best waifus are in there instead of actual waifu threads.

I guess the Cyborg Ninja suits from Metal Gear fall under this as well, but two out of the four are actual cyborgs rather than wearing a suit, so it doesn't totally count.

I bet 8/v/ could design a kickass suit of power armor. This board is full of people with STEM backgrounds and tons of videogame experience.

Metroid Prime suits, yup.
Vanquish, the game. That's my kind of power armor, agility boosts and slow motion. The cooldown / over heat sfx is unforgettable.
Isn't power armor essentially an effective boost on a certain stat? More defense slower speed, bullet proof layer light weight boosting, acrobatics boost, integrated tech/weapons. Speaking of that, Deus Ex is a good power armor.

Hell yea we could design a good power armor. But it would be difficult making it not overpowered, and somewhat believable. Moderation from extremes? Example is Quake 3 insta gibs, the railgun jump boosts. Those are very suitable for that gametype, but anywhere else its too overpowered and defeats the purpose of weapon variabillity/ground movement/strafing.

Is Fallout 4, of all games, somehow one of the best for power armours?

It's not that difficult to make power armor not overpowered. Take Heavy Gear, most tanks in the game outweighed and outgunned your mechs, forcing you to ambush them or just maneuver around them.

I meant designing a real life suit of power armor. Of course, it would help to make a virtual environment to test it out in, complete with some videogame challenges for it to contend with.

The biggest obstacle you have to overcome is the power-source. Current batteries are too big and heavy to make them viable. There's plenty of possible applications for power armor, from logistical to combat uses, and the military is already test fielding a bunch of basic ones.

Yea you need a fuel source since your piece is going to be wireless. Unless you could design for easy replacement of a full/empty battery and access it readily nearby.

There are people on youtube that design little turbine jets for use on hands, very loud, unstable etc. I'm only concerned about mobility and speed. The environment determines your method of efficient movement. Roads would make your suit have a wheel system for speed. Its a little pointless to make a useful powersuit since a better thing could be designed at a larger scale that you fit into, like a tank which has target acquisition and aim stability automated, unlike a power suit. If you can make a good power suit you are better off designing a mass produced mobile drone, arms get in the way for aiming fast, and your body has limits.

Warhammer 40K Space Hulk Death Wing has the objectively best representation of power armor in any game - if you don't count the president suit of Metal Wolf Chaos as Power Armor.

It would be if they'd not introduced the 'cores' mechanic and had some actual barrier to just jumping in the first set you find and being a-okay to use it.

Warhammer 40K Space Hulk Death Wing has the objectively best representation of power armor in any game - if you don't count the president suit of Metal Wolf Chaos as Power Armor.

Organic power armor could run on batteries because it would weigh much less than a metal suit, but unless anyone here knows how to make nanomachines (son), we're limited to a mech suit. The way I see it, viable power armor with current tech would be less of a wearable piece and more like an armor-sized vehicle. It'd probably run off the engine for a smallish vehicle like a motorcycle or ridable lawnmower, or the battery for an electric car or electric motorcycle. Electric car batteries are getting pretty good these days, and even if you run out of juice, power outlets aren't exactly rare. What you might end up with is an Evangelion-like system where the power suit has a power cord and is used mostly for defense, because it can easily access power while in a defensive position. Wireless power transmission would be much better, but it would still be mostly useful for defense.

I thought about this and a tri-wheel system might be good, or some kind of treads.

A mech suit probably wouldn't use Samus or Mega Man-style arm cannons as a main weapon. It would be better to use the armor as a sort of mobile turret, with guns primarily mounted on the shoulders, the back or other non-arm locations and making use of turret-style target acquisition.

On second thought, what about spherical wheels? That would give you the ability to strafe. You could even do spherical tri-wheels, or morphing wheels to assume different configurations for different terrain.

Also, on the subject of very small military vehicles, I seem to recall some ultra-tiny one-person tanks being built by a few countries, but the concept never really took off. The Wiesel is the only example that comes to mind readily. There have also been ultra-small cars along the same lines. Maybe this armor could be a Transformer that turns into a vehicle to drive around on the street and morphs into a humanoid to fight inside buildings and other confined spaces. Not only would that be a good way to solve the concealability problem power armor often experiences, it'd make a badass game mechanic if it was developed to its full potential. The only similar mechanic I can think of was the Eidolons in Final Fantasy XIII. Hopefully any real power armor built along those lines would have less faggy pilots.

How is that game actually?
I heard it was shit at launch so I waited but I don't know if it actually got better.
maybe I just really want it to be as fun as E.Y.E.

I tried to think of a better example than this, but the only other thing that comes to mind is the Morph Ball, which arguably doesn't count as a vehicle. As the OP points out, power armor in vidya is surprisingly rare. It's sweet when it does show up, though.

The "power armor" of TerraNova is basically a mech. It makes you as tall as a tree. That's NOT what's described in Starship Troopers.

This is a power armor thread. Not a mech thread.

Speaking of guyver.

Halo and Bungie stuff pre-Halo 4 is pretty good.

hooktube.com/watch?v=el5yD2Ayokw
hooktube.com/watch?v=Qt3zywmwcA8
hooktube.com/watch?v=nDMucY-lxWQ

Just because Duke was a hypocrite doesn't mean he was wrong.

I can't believe I forgot about that. The mecha transforming into conventional vehicles is a pretty sweet feature. Maybe Nintendo Treehouse reached into my brain and censored it. It really belongs more in a mech thread though, and there's one up currently.

Couldn't he just fire the lasers and decapitate the enemy?

More like the trees are really small, since most everything else is more properly proportioned. And the FMV shows that the suit isn't fuck hueg.

Why would a robot have abs?
Why does a robot even need to sweat?

Because the Japs.

Are they gay for robots?

More like "just gay"

Then why add robots into it?

You can't make this up

clonk clonk clonk clonk

WTF is that gay gook shit?

Amano's drawings.
It's shitposting the art, but people praise it for some reason.

power armors make my dick very hard

The Magitek Armor from Final Fantasy 6, as drawn by Amano.
The variation drawn by Nomura is the one that ended up being used for the armor's sprites in-game.
Also pic related, the same two machines in Final Fantasy 14, the theme park MMORPG.

Those are fucking mechs, not power armor.

I know that. I felt like answering the question anyways.

After looking up some motorcycle specs, even a motorcycle is probably too big and heavy for power armor to transform into, except perhaps as a powerup attachment for the original suit. You'd need to go even smaller, like a Segway or a moped, in order to get something that you can practically use in confined spaces. I don't know how threatening the Moped of Death would be, but some of the more powerful minibikes, pit bikes and sport mopeds can keep up with regular motorcycles or cars. My first thought for a transformation system is pretty minimalist; each leg has a wheel system on it, and the armor also has a tail with an additional wheel and possibly mounted weapons. To transform, the armor kind of sits down, extends the tail out to the rear and becomes a trike. I think morphing wheels would be almost a necessity given how obtrusive it would be to carry around full-sized bike wheels in humanoid form. If you wanted to be really kickass you could also go with a hoverbike. You'd need to make sure the weight distribution is biased enough toward the bottom to prevent the suit from falling over in either form, and give it a self-righting mechanism just in case. I'm sure someone else can come up with something much more badass than a trike, though.

Control-wise, I imagine it'd be pretty standard fare for either a real vehicle or a videogame, with maybe some heat management added. As this armor is more vehicle-like, it can be controlled that way, and videogame controls lend themselves to that, so a real power armor of this type could be controlled through a system very similar to a videogame, eliminating the need for a neural interface. On a dual-mode mech suit, an arm cannon may interfere with the balance of the suit, especially in vehicle mode, unless there were two fire-linked arm cannons that lock forward when driving and have free aim when walking. Basically, if aiming the arm cannons is no different from aiming a turret, it becomes viable. Any melee attacks or heavy lifting the armor needs to do can be preprogrammed or handled with a special mode that allows fine control of the arms.

And I'm now wondering why there hasn't been a Kamen Rider series where the Rider turns into a motorcycle. If this armor gets built, some fucking faggot is going to build a two-tailed version of it that makes it an ATV, paint it orange and try to have sex with it in a fursuit.

The only actual power armor in Final Fantasy is the Magitek Exosuit from XV. You'd think you'd see it at least a little bit more often. Shinra, at least, should have the technology to build it, along with some of the other high-tech factions.

I miss simple, clean armor. Now everything is overdesigned with a million moving and glowy parts for no reason.

I recall when playing Crysis, I preferred Korean suit to the american one. It actually looked like armor.

Organic armor in all forms is shit.

What about organic armor that loves you?

Agree. Give me some sleek and minimalistic suit (or an "ipod suit" if you want) instead of this cumbersome overdesigned shit.

Nah, lad. See first pic.

kys

It's shit. It's organic. It's by definition shit…unless you add some wodoo magic that makes organic matter act unlike organic matter and have unorganic properties.

fuckin a
I really dug the retro sci-fi aesthetic Bioware were going for with the original Mass Effect (the only thing they did right, frankly, and then they dropped that too in the sequels). It had the old synth-based OST, and the armour was the sort of stuff you'd see in 80's sci-fi and anime. Nice hard plastic components on a jumpsuit and a helm with a coloured visor.
Now everything has to be a fucking buglike exoskeleton with a hundred points of failure, all exposed to the elements and enemy interference, just so it looks busy and cool.
Like the new Transformers. Fucking trash.

What do you mean?

A man can dream.

It's an atmospheric Space Hulk shooter with co-op, but too repetitive for some people. I enjoyed it for what it was, the movement, level design and weapons are excellent.

Depends on the foe. Some have armor plating, others are resilient to injury, some have acid blood, basically, all the foes in Guyver are specially designed to do special things.

damn, that's brutal.
did he dieded

Didn't Bungie ape the basic design of the MJOLNIR armor from some 80s anime?

Pic related is why simple is better

Why most PAs are over designed garbage is beyond me. Its like a autist with AHDH designed this things, same for one of Batman's suit in one of the Baham games.

I blame more powerful hardware for being able to render all of that pointless detail. Why make a good design when you graphical power to render pic related.

The culmination of gaylo exosuits was the last of Bungie's gaylos

Man, Halo Reach was actually pretty great. Sure you can see some of the beginnings of retarded levels of detail, but most of the stuff still looks good.

Well I found it. Bungie basically took the armor design from the Starship Troopers anime.

he actually did die. The control metal on the Guyver isn't fully understood and the blood still attached to it actually allowed the metal to regenerate the guyver it's self as well as Sho with his memories, since it's like a computer chip, but technically he is a clone of the original, something he takes a while to come to terms with. That, and whenever the user is unconscious, the armor shifts into Excessive Self Defense Mode

this guy dies in every episode?

You know what? It never occurred to me whether or not xenos ever get power armor.

fuck, forgot image

The Tau of Warhammer 40K certainly have something akin to Power Armor in various aspects, only they went so hard making it anime it only barely counts.

Orkz do. Kuz dey flash gitz.

That certainly beats out what I was able to find.
pic related

fug

KILL IT WIV FIRE!

is it okay if its aliens?

is this real I can't even tell anymore

Sure I guess.

Have some more cringe

:^)

First one made me flinch.

I'm too good at find this cringey shit for my own good. Ok, this one isn't that bad I have to admit It actually fits stylistically.

If they'd just rotate that helmet down, like, 45 degrees it would actually be okay.
The rest of the armour would still be shite, but at least the helmet wouldn't look quite so retarded.

Most of the Halo 4/5 armor looks like rejected concept art that somehow made it's way into the game

343 is composed almost entirely of people who played Halo in their adolescence and went "I WANNA WORK FOR BUNGIE AND MAKE THE HALOS!" and got their wish granted. They have no design skills or experience, they don't understand what made the old games good. They're manchildren who got their dream job fresh out of a subpar school and let the first shit they scribble with their wacom get into the game, instead of refining ideas.

Gundam did it better

That honestly looks nothing alike aside from the visor shape. 80's anime power armor, including that particular example, was so shitty and generic looking that you could claim ANYTHING stole from it. Jesus christ they don't even have proper joints in your image. At best, they look like Jorge from Reach because of the huge shit around their head, and that's a fuckin stretch. And Reach was the 5th game. The Halo image you posted as an example of this theft isn't even Bungie, it's one of the fucking Halo anime shorts made by someone who isn't associated with the developers.

Yeah, but the Halo Legends Example is pretty much a tribute to the influences Bungie drew from while making the games.

It's some anime artist doing whatever the fuck they wanted with the design, because they were drawing a version of the spartan armor that had never before been visually depicted. Find me some sound bite or interview where a bungie artist admits they were inspired by the Starship Troopers anime, and I'll believe you.

I read that the PS2 game lets you pilot one in multiplayer, but I can't find any gameplay footage of it.

Killzone, Helghast did it perfect

Fuck, I just knew early Bungie was run by weebs, so I just assumed that was their inspiration for the Spartan Armor when I saw it.

Don't talk shit about one of the best designs to come from the period.
That's because it's a random cell from a low budget miniseries. The design far transcended the anime, and had been made years before it. It's still used for the Japanese book covers.

I'm unsure how you can provide power to a spherical wheel. "Spherical wheels" are not the driving torque of the system, a spherical wheel is more like a ball bearing, simply being a point of contact with the ground — possibly to stabilize center of mass normal forces (roll). A wheel is driven by a shaft, tank treads are driven by the driving gear on the back/front side, a ball bearing being a wheel can't be powered by anything I can think of, which could attach to it to provide sufficient torque to move your "power suit" while on ground.

Is clang like furry but with robot shit?

Yes. Yes it is.

Question: How viable would a "nano-cell" suit be for power armor? Because I thought about making a modular battle suit that can produce any circuit needed to connect to both infantry power armors and tank-sized mechs.

Use magnetic bearings instead of a physical axle. Or we could do this:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheel_hub_motor

There have already been some robots built that move with a spherical wheel. Check out some of the ballbot designs on YouTube. Or use hooktube so you don't give Google views.

Is there something wrong with me for laughing at that webm?

I've really got to learn to stop opening every spoiler I see. Even when I know I won't like what's in it I am compelled to anyway.

There was way worse in the Gaf thread. Some anons have a lot of gore on hand.

do tagers count, i'd love a cthulhutech game with tagers and engels

Cthulhutech is an amazing game that is dragged down by the "Cthulhu" brand.
In fact, if you remove the references, you have a functional and interesting setting.
Also, rape machines.

gonna have to fix that right now, stalker has the most realist looking exoskeleton power armor of any video games with visible servos and adequate dimensions.

That assists at best.

Are exos even PAs? You have a plain suit of armor, then you throw an exoskeleton kit on top of it. The exoskeleton itself however, is just bunch of servos and motors, giving the user strength. I guess it depends on what you mean 'PA', but that of all thing is not a PA in my opinion

my nigga

I think it counts as power armour as much as WW1 tanks counts as tanks. It's crude and unrefined but already shows all the hallmarks of what is considered power armour. It also comes with a heavy bullet-proof suit which is only rarely worn outside of the frame because of how heavy it is.

Organic matter has intrinsic properties that nmake it waht it is. Just like metals have intrinsic properties that make them metals - from their electric/heat conductivity, the way it reflects light, ability to withstand pressure, etc…

Man-made material are superior to anything organic, because they are desined for a specific purpose and thus can maximize qualities way above what any organic oranism can.

Is there any animal carapace or skin that can compare to steel, titanium or other material we use?
Weather offense or defense, organic will be inferior to mechanically produced stuff.

Weapons are too weak IMHO.

3-4 bolter shots to kill a hybrid? Are you kidding me? That thing should kill a human-sized target in 1 hit.

you weren't a fan of the biology classes were you

Nig that's where you're wrong, you have played STALKER, right? You should have came across some stalkers wearing the armor without the exoskeleton, it's called the radiation suit (stalker.wikia.com/wiki/Radiation_suit), the exoskeleton itself is just some sort of cherry on top of it.

THE BOB DYLAN OF VIDEO GAMES

Nigger, I'm getting my information from the game. There is no radiation suit that you can wear anywhere in the games. Only some NPCs wear them and only in CS and CoP.

The exoskeleton just plain up gives you amazing physical protection which is because of that suit you're referring to.

That particular example is perfect, you retard. It looks exactly how armor designed to operate in space should.
Large visor, buky, with menouvering thruster sand oxygen tank.

Certainly better tha nshows where hereos recive horrible woulds or are tortured with methods that are suppsoed to inflict "uninmaginable pain" but only grunt.
Voice actors should really scream when the character is in pain. Tehy should fight for every breath when a character is being burnt alive and can't breathe.

Just look at the following vid at 3:30

Nigger no, I'm just pulling an article about the armor. You probably can't find the armor in vanilla, some mods add it though, and that's my favourite armor.

That's not power armor
shootman is a robot
That's just regular armor, and is technically like his skin

That still doesn't change the fact that it's just an incomplete exoskeleton.

All exoskeletons use that armour, it's a key feature of it. Mods can do whatever they want but I'm talking about canon here.

Robots can wear armor too

But if he takes the armor off, will he die?

I wished there was an exo built around the SEVA suit, just thinking about all the loot I could carry made me drool.

No, the mod just adds the armor into the game, and as far as I know that armor is standalone armor, the exoskeleton is just slapped on top of it to enhance the suit.

Your infantry artillery makes me sympathize with fucking Tau.

But that still should count, right? It's armored, and powered, it's Power Armor. Just because you can separate the components and use them as stand-alone pieces doesn't mean that when put together they're not Power Armor or at least functional enough as Power Armor not to be given consideration here.

I think what bothers him the that the Power is slapped on top if the armour and not the other way.
Shouldn't that thing stop working if the servos or cables get severed by bullets or shrapnel ?

Usually he steamrolls most opponents he faces due to how OP the bio armor is. Most of the story is about the organization trying to get the armor from him because the armor takes what you got and makes you reach "full potential".

Nah, it sounds outlandish but as pointed out, it is the most fitting type of scream for a youth who's combined terrified and is horrible pain. Hell, him gurgling on his blood as he dies is an excellent touch.

Isaac Hannaford's Halo art is sex. That being said, you also posted ODST and SPI armor: Both of those don't enhance the wearer's speed or strength and isn't self supporting, it's not powered, so it's not powered armor, it's just very advanced normal armor.

I'm going to post ODST shit anyways though because it's sexy as fuck. Actually, I don't have that flash drive with all of IH's art on it, so have whatever I end up posting here instead

Also

Get better taste user. Also

Try Halo Wars, the two twin stick shooters, or just reading the novels then.

Yes, though in all due reality of the situation if it can penetrate the metal components you speak of whatever damaged the exo portions will likely have also done a number on the person wearing it. As far as Power Armor goes this stuff is very basic and bare-bones by comparison to nearly everything on here. (Except maybe the Orkz, but that's very debatable)

This guy got it, it's just power slapped on top of the armor, therefore it's not a powered armor. I think of power armor as heavy thick shit like tank armor, powered using hydraulics, servos, and motors so the armor suit is mobile. Fallout PAs are perfect example of it.

Then what about the armor from Crysis? It's not "heavy thick shit like tank armor".

The suit from crysis is a suit
The distinction may be incredibly subjective, but to me it's not power armor in the same way one of those powered exoskeletons isn't

I think that's more of a power suit rather than a power armor.

If it's armor and it's self powered or powers the user then it's power armor. Does the crysis suit protect the wearer? If it does, then it counts.

That's like saying "I think of a gun as a big, heavy cannon with black gunpowder and having to be carried on a cart". Sleeker power armor that enahnces the user's speed and strength and proects them without being as bulky is just a more advanced version of it.

The MJOLNIR power armor/exoskeleton in Halo for example directly came about as an advancement/overhaul of existing in universe power loaders/exoskeletons like what you said after decades of research and testing with newer technology after they had been around for 100 years or so.

During standard operation, it heals the wearer and keeps them going, but "protect" is maybe not the best description
It also builds a deep symbiotic connection with the person rather than just being something that is worn, which makes it feel even less like power armor

Too bad you're not hte one to decide.
Anything that is powered (strength increasing) and armored is power armor.
You can argue that there are different kinds of power armor and that the one from Crysis is a very lightly armored one.

Also, an exoskeleteon with armored plates attached IS power armor.

That's Crysis 2 and 3 shit that changed how the nano-suit worked. In Cryiss 1 there was no symbiotic bonding shit.

In Crysis case, it's both. The maximum armor protects you against bullets and explosions, but it also protects you against extreme weather conditions.
Then there is the maximum speed and strength that powers up the user.

sounds like the crysis suit is pretty much just the under layers of Halo's MJOLNIR, but without said underlayers being ballisticly protectd a la kevlar and without the armor plating on top of it and the energy shielding then.

Think of warframes are like genetically made mutants with metal flesh (Technocyte Virus | the infested) and other external mechanical parts. alright, now think of those living things are in a vegetative state or pretty much a coma. now these bodies are being wirelessly remote controlled by kids using energy they can access from a different dimension where time and space is endless and still that gives them zero latency connection to the warframes.

No, but it would be extremely painful

Neither are you
A technological onesie is not power armor, as there is power but no armor
Even if it provides protection and covers the majority of the body, you wouldn't call a swat outfit a suit of armor

is this renamon?
post more

The design differs so much between the in-game sprite and the out-of-game artwork, though.

You're not only retarded, but have shit taste too.

Crysis never got a sequel.

Found some that don't look too bad.

Second image is pretty damn good.
I like both sleek and bulky armor, but dear god do I hate glowy bits and tron lines memes.
Goggles/visor is the maximum I can settle for as an acceptable artistic freedom, assuming it's not glowing in-universe.

M.D. Geist game never ever.

JUST

abdominal protection
To cool off?

Would it be a game about most dangerous soldiers doing most dangerous things?

Where do you recommend going to read Guyver? Everywhere I've found is out of date

What is the most dangerous thing a soldier can do?

>Beating him unlocks Most Dangerous difficulty

Stop.

Made me think of the forgettable game Dark Sector.
Was that even good? Can't remember so it probably wasn't.

Have none of you faggots played Dark Sector? That's where the lore was established.

It was a good game, but it had a cover system so "journalists" and other retards tried to claim it was a "gears of war" clone because obviously there isn't a PS2 game that did the "cover based TPS" thing before "Cliffy B says fuck you to the people that were the reason his shitty company didn't die with its first game" was a thing.

It was a pretty okay game. Kinda fun, reasonably challenging, interesting premise.. But it was released completely unfinished. And I mean that in the most literal way. After years of troubled development, they got told that they needed a multiplayer mode because every shooter game had them now. They didn't have a chance to finish the story or develop a plot or actually do any of the things the game hints at the start. There's all this mystery about Hayden Tenno that they hint at the start of the game, and then there's some audio logs that you can find which talk about the shit that happened on the island… and then it just stops about a couple hours in. No more talk about the story. No more hints or lore. You fight a couple crazy monsters, a cutscene shows Hayden walking into a room and walking out in his not-a-warframe-yet power armor, and then it's just over. You don't even know if you actually succeeded at whatever it was you were supposed to be doing.

Only semi interesting thing to come out of it is that everything DE did on that game later evolved into Warframe and originally served as the origin for the Tenno operatives.

Get it right, user.
It's scaleshit.
You racist animals think we all look the same.
I don't raise my hind leg and pee in your territory because it's impossible since I've evolved out of them.

It's still thinly veiled bestiality, /fur/. No one looks at it and sees a cute girl like your pic related instead, because your brain is all fucked up.

BRRRRRRRT!

At what point does it go from power armor to a mecha though?

When a space marine is mortally injured, he might get to live on in a sarcophagus that keeps him alive and is locked inside of a dreadnought to keep on fighting the enemies of man for milennia.

I'm not holding my breath that it's good, but the concept has some potential if they went full Front Mission/Armored Core with suit customization.

That's my point though, is that a mecha or power armor?

Classic Pulp Sci-Fi was fond of animals as aliens. Do not let shitty furfags ruin classic archetypes for you, user. Like what you like, and ignore the degenerates unless they actively interfere with you liking what you like.

You've never tried to play it, I see.

I would rule the Dreanought Mecha, as it's not much smaller than the original concepts for Wanzers in Front Mission

>implying your skeleton isn't wearing organic power armor right now

but it's like totally last eon, isn't it fair to at least want an upgrade? I mean come on, who doesn't want to fly to work? It takes so long just to get a new feature and the current model is full of bugs and glitches, we really need to update.

When do we get more the more efficient cellular structure? The cancer glitch red-rings shit by accident, this is atrocious, the only way we can fix it is by fixing it with another glitchy feature, radiation, and hope it bugs out enough to get fixed, and that's it.

Who's the fucker responsible for this? He needs to be held accountable.

Its an intermediate, because while it is huge, it works more like power armor than like a mecha, since it is driven by neural impulse.

It's a fascinating setting and concept jam-packed with so much potential, but utterly gimped by the poor mechanics and an "everything and a dozen kitchen sinks" approach to designing content.

Is that motherfucking Adventure Quest? Can't believe I used to waste my time playing that shit when I was younger.

Does any of this count as power armor?
The Elites have energy shields, but that's about it since they're as strong as a Spartan without any augmentation anyway.

I'm pretty sure the elites have some form of power on their armor, although severely weaker than any spartan model. The hunters I'm pretty sure are the ones powering the armor, so it's just regular armor I guess.

I figured the hunter armor was pretty much the infantry version of a scarab.

I don't think they're that strong naturally, user, it doesn't make sense to me. I mean, Spartans can destroy boulders with their MJOLNIR. Elites would have to be severely OP to go toe to toe with them if their armor wasn't powered too.

Sangheili are incredibly strong, naturally as strong as an armored Spartan. Their power armor provides them primarily with an energy shield.

Hunters are actually a miniature hive-mind of little worm-like things that can band together and integrate with machinery and vehicles. The armor and the cannon are mostly just add-ons, since they're naturally large and very strong.

Yeah, I kind of assume they plug into the armor the same way they operate the Scarab.

Organic materials can be man-made as well. Even outside of that, some varieties of spider silk are pretty impressive.

According to the fluff surrounding Crysis 2 and 3, the second nanosuit can survive a nuke in its full power state. Of course it's more like the Venom symbiote than an actual suit, but even the first version can withstand fire from helicopter gunships. If that's not armor, nothing is.

The Mongoose (or "Mog") from Brigador is technically a mechsuit rather than power armor, but I think it's a really good design regardless.

It most certainly is. I can't remember if that game was great or ass.

>no armor
Do you understand how retarded you sound? Armor is defined by function, not looks. If you wear it, and it's meant to provide protection from physical attack, it's fucking armor. So, yes, a SWAT suit is armor. You may not think it looks like armor, and you may not like the idea of it being considered armor, but, by definition, it is armor.

vidya is the single most prevalent form of multimedia where power armor even exists

IRL, making a walking suit of armor as advanced as such seen in media make adding the liability and cost of putting a human being inside of one detrimental, when you would save costs by making it remote controlled and taking manpower out of direct harms way, guy in power armor = dead guy or mor expensive years on the VA dime, PLUS the cost of the suit, if youre spending a shitload of resources on a fucking walking bipedal tank thats 1.7 meters tall , you may as well just not have a man inside inside it at that point

Who gives a fuck about irl?
I play games to forget about rl.

Maybe we should all learn biochemistry and build nanosuits and Fusion Suits just to piss these people off. I wish there were enough examples of organic power armor to have a whole thread devoted to them.

You could just have them be optionally manned. There are times when it's preferable to have someone inside the suit, though. Anything controlled remotely has the potential to have its signal jammed, or worse, hacked and converted to fight for the enemy. So not only do you lose your expensive power suit, it's now turning around and killing your own forces.

Maximum armor is not part of the suit's regular function, it's a separate activated mode that can be maintained for short bursts
It's like saying all clay can be considered a pot because clay can be made into pots

Also, there is more than one definition of armor, and not all of them were taken into account when "power armor" was coined
I've said there's a lot of subjectivity here, but you're being actively retarded by saying regular ass street clothes can be power armor as long as it has a powered function

So is magnetic armor not armor? It's purpose it to protect, but it only activates when needed. Does that render it not armor?

elite armor enhanced the user's speed and strength like MJOLNIR

Maximum armor in the first game doesn't drain energy unless you're being shot.

armored core obviously.

It makes it not armor when it's not activated, though the distinction isn't really needed because it also makes it a fundamentally different kind of armor, like an energy shield, which is also technically a suit of armor going by the incredibly literal and vague definition you people use

Played it recently, it's both.

So if I get in a full knight's set of platemail, it's not armor until I am being hit with a sword?

Those are mechs you cunt

Platemail is always protecting and doesn't need to be "activated", stop pretending to be retarded

Maximum armor is the suit's default state. I fail to see how that isn't a regular function.
I said if it's meant to protect from physical attack. Street clothes are designed to provide basic protection from the elements, not attack, and are therefore not armor. Sheets of metal strapped to your body in order to deflect blades are armor. So is a vest designed to minimize the impact of bullets. So are helmets. You're basically headcanoning the definition of armor to fit your personal view of what you think should count as armor. Here's the relevant definitions provided by dictionary.com and merriam-webster:
Gee, that's pretty encompassing. Looks like as long as it goes on the outside of the body and is meant for defense, it's armor.

Doesn't change the fact that a person is inside them, making it somewhat a power armor.

and for fuck's sake, the title of the game is ARMORED core.

There is a mech thread, why won't you go there instead?

In that case, check out my favourite power armor.

It's piloted/ridden vs. worn, the difference is very clear

Yeah, those are sure some definitions alright, a whole lot of them, in fact
I'm sure the people who came up with fictional power armor totally meant for the term to be applied to knife-resistant cloth

Quality shitpost m8

It doesn't matter what the person or people who came up with the term "power armor" were thinking of at the time. They aren't the ultimate authority, just like the people who created folklore aren't the ultimate authority on what constitutes as an elf. There's no official definition of powered armor. It's a fictional concept that evolves over time, just like every fantasy idea ever. That's not even what I'm arguing about. You said, yourself, that powered armor has to require power and function as armor. Armor is a defensive outer layer. By your own definition, the Crysis nanosuit is powered armor. Then you argued that it only counts if it fits your personal definition of what armor is (which you never completely specified) and not the commonly accepted, dictionary approved definition. It doesn't matter what you think armor should be. It doesn't matter how the first person who came up with powered armor defined armor. Neither you nor him decide what language means. The population does, and, by the record kept by various dictionaries, your specific definition of what constitutes as armor is wrong. If your knife-resistant cloth requires power, then yes, by the definition that powered armor is armor that requires power to function, it is powered armor. It isn't very good powered armor, nor is it all that cool, but it technically is powered armor. It seems to me like you would argue leather armor isn't armor, even though it is, which would make you a dumb-ass.

Mechs are not power armor.

Is there some metanarrative going on or I just didn't get the joke?

I'm not arguing what literally is or isn't armor
I'm arguing what is and isn't armor in the context of the term "power armor"
By your incredibly loose anything goes definition where it's power armor as long as it can be defined as both "powered" and "armor" separately, human skin is power armor, energy shields are power armor, batman's cape from the movies where it assumes a rigid shape when a current is run through it can be power armor, etc.
Your strict adherence to multiple definitions at once ironically means you advocate for a world of madness

The commissar should be feared more than the enemy.

Yes they are. The distinction between mech and power armour isn't function, it's size. A mech/mecha is giant power armour, but it is power armour.

So an aircraft carrier is power armor too?

The distinction between a mech and power armor is that a mech is piloted and power armor is worn.

obviously, that's still a nebulous distinction, but you get the idea

I am struggling to think of how you drew that conclusion here. Power armour and mechs are mechanical suits controlled by a human pilot. An aircraft carrier is a fucking boat. You're attempt at whatever this comment was has failed unless its goal was to point out that you are an unintelligent fool.

Nope. You pilot both mechs and battle armour. Through different means granted, but both are piloted.

You pilot a ship into battle. It has armaments and protects you from enemy fire. Your sweeping definition would put them under power armor.

A ship is a boat, and is not a mechanical suit. Pretending to be retarded is still being a retard.

nop
suits are worn

A gundam is not a suit either.

The problem isn't that he's pretending to be retarded
The problem is that he's testing the limits of the logic you're using, and you're retarded

If you strap yourself into a mechanical suit it is worn.

Yes it is. A giant, mechanical suit.

Ignoring that a ship is not a mechanical suit isn't testing the limits of logic by any means. It is being a retard.

You are all being retarded. And you're probably being retarded on purpose. Enjoy your (You)s, you mouth breathing, knuckle dragging, mall katana owning, fedora wearing faggots. They're the last you'll get from me.

So if I strap myself to the ship, it's now a suit and therefore power armor?

A Gundam is a "Mobile Suit". Chuckmeat, haytheists.

So you deny that a suit is worn, or are otherwise using circular logic to define them as suits
And you call others retarded

Is Guntank a suit?

Naw man a mech is basically a humanoid shaped vehicle its something you ride in. Power armor simply encases you and provides some additional force to allow you to move in several hundred pounds of metal and composites.

Think of it this way if the fuel runs out on your power armor (and you were super strong) you could still walk around and retain more or less full motion and operation. On the other hand if you mech runs out of fuel no amount of strength will allow you to operate it.

It is a hybrid suit/vehicle, a subclass of both mechanical suits or vehicles. I'd say it leans more towards a vehicle than it does a suit, but it is a hybrid of both.

Or it's a a mechanical cripple suit (joke).

You're a humanoid shaped vehicle, piloted by the soul of the person you should've been.

So Gundam, despite being operated in nearly an identical way is suddenly a suit because it has legs and not tracks?

Yes, a Gundam is a suit. A Guntank is a suit/vehicle hybrid.

Wow, you're retarded and gay

you're such a fucking idiot you'd probably defend this as power armor or as you call it "a suit"

I've already stated that the distinction between mech and power armour is an issue of size, but functionally they're the same thing. An Eva unit has the label of mech because it is big.

Don't join in a conversation if you haven't read all the messages before you jump in.

An Eva is a flesh being encased in armor. Its basically a knight in full plate its not even a fucking robot.

The difference between mech and power armor isn't solely an issue of size, it's an issue of control. Power armor takes your body's direct movements as inputs to control it. Mechs are controlled from a cockpit where it is usually control by various levers and buttons and other controls. Now there are some mechs that take your body's direct controls as inputs but then it becomes a size deal

You know there are walking vehicles existing irl.
I guess it's one nice suit huh?

haha that's a suit/vehicle hybrid :^)

A biomech is a subgenre of mech.

What about ones that are controlled via impulses of your brain? You are wrong. Stop it wasting everyone's oxygen.

That has neither arms or legs. You can't even make a good shitpost.

How are these things not legs? What are they? Paws?

That's still not your body's direct movements
You are still not wearing the mech
Stop being fucking retarded

actually they call them pads

Rally? Need a source on that.
Then again people in-industry often use different terms than common folk, so anyone would still perceive those as legs.

There's already a mobage version of Shadow of Bore, it's already begun.

And the arm is a boom. It's still an arm.

is this kamen rider?