EA PR explains why they paywalled Vader in SWBF2, becomes most downvoted comment in Reddit history

archive.is/nyJ03

Backstory:
>redditors calculate that it takes up to 40 hours to unlock a single hero just by playing the game and earning the in-game currency (archive.is/8l1ID), imagine Rainbow Six: Siege but ten times worse

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/nWpWQ
archive.is/WXHsr
archive.is/rOkVg
archive.is/wS6Hs
archive.is/wqbP1
archive.is/UH8ak
archive.is/XP7cp
hooktube.com/watch?v=I-6lLNaSxH0
archive.is/DenaU
archive.fo/6JEiv
archive.is/eOJl9
archive.is/JJX8y
archive.is/mSmKJ
archive.is/GSA9S
archive.fo/6soC2
hooktube.com/watch?v=Q9RjDRLBWio
archive.is/gd1E4
youtube.com/watch?v=UJOjTNuuEVw
archive.fo/nyJ03
web.archive.org/web/20160731000838/www.starwarstimeline.net/History.htm
reddit.com/r/ListOfComments/wiki/downvoted
reddit.com/r/dataisbeautiful/comments/7cmdz4/oc_top_10_most_downvoted_reddit_comments_of_all/
reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7cff0b/seriously_i_paid_80_to_have_vader_locked/dppum98/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Yemen
gamedev.stackexchange.com/questions/73411/why-dont-game-developers-release-their-source-code/73412
archive.fo/CU3X8
archive.fo/3A3ob
imgur.com/a/T8Q0m
archive.is/p4hKv
nichegamer.com/2017/09/28/18k-gold-laden-assassins-creed-origins-headphones-cost-59000/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Good job reddit, now return back.

I have no remorse for retards who buy anything from EA.

Wew.
Also, while it's nice that those retards over at reddit are doing something less retarded for once(yelling at EA), they already bought the game, and you can bet your ass those fags will buy in game currency in two days after they forget that they should be mad. That is, if they haven't already.

Isn't this the game where your character progression is tied to lootboxes?

Top kike, as they say. The worst part of AAA gaming and F2P bullshit combined. Man Star Wars fans are the dumbest lifeform on Earth.

You did it, reddit!
Get out.

Of all the characters they had to be retarded to paywall vader. He's the most iconic. It'd be like making an SFV game and putting Ryu behind a paywall. I wonder how many pathetic fags will buy him regardless.

You have to go back.

every little wake up call brings people closer to voting with their wallet

i'm sure he will cry himself to sleep on a stack of $100 tonight
you really showed him >>>/reddit/ , now fuck off

what i wonder is how many people will buy the game based on nostalgia for the first two games.
will they be disappointed or will they get what they want out of it?

B-but muh downboats! It's still fucking hilarious to see that even Plebbit is tired of EA's horseshit. They deserve a third Worst Company in America award already.

I got curious and searched google for the vader paywall. Already they're complaining about how EA could just use fucking lootcrates. Reddit is truly a fucking cancer.

downboating is the furthest extent of reddit activism

Why are all of them such spineless cucks? They already fucking paid for the game, why do they feel that EA needs to make more money on top of that? That's not to mention the garbage taste in liking a soulless Battlefield reskin

Shhhh, don't give Capcom ideas for SF6.

Because they are pathological altruists, also known as cucks, and feel bad for a corporation that only wants to exploit them. This kind of behavior also explains why they are busy importing hordes of people that openly say they want them dead.

well EA kills off studios they own if their game doesn't sell 10x times more then what they expect, so these idiots think giving EA what it wants means getting what they want

Good point.

Reddit seems to be where all the conformist low test betas congregate alongside used up women. It's a terrible terrible place. I was on there for 5 minutes and feel like I need a shower.

For comparison's sake, when Gayben said the modding community wasn't a thing, it only received a tenth of the downvotes compared to this. The most downvoted comment up until now was a joke comment with around 25000 downvotes. This is already hitting the news and is on its way to become the biggest trainwreck this year. It's not just a bunch of Redditors getting mad at nothing anymore, once Battlefront 2 releases not even the journos can defend the kikery under the pretense of gamers being privileged. You have to hand it at EA, they finally managed to outjew even themselves. The PR shitstorm will be glorious:

archive.is/nWpWQ
archive.is/WXHsr
archive.is/rOkVg
archive.is/wS6Hs
archive.is/wqbP1
archive.is/UH8ak
archive.is/XP7cp

you should go and say go

EA and Disney are really hard at work to make sure the Star Wars brand is permanently damaged. I honestly can't believe they are not doing it on purpose.

Get out nigger

Don't make me drag you to Holla Forums you fucking loli.

It's not even like Battlefield.

will people wake up?

It's watered down Battlefield.

Just within the hour of making this thread the amount of downvotes of that comment has jumped from 111k to 126k. You may '>reddit' me all you want, but you'll be getting that shitstorm you wished for Christmas once the YouTubers decide to jump in. This has the potential to go really big.

correction, it's at 131k

This and only this. If they don't know better by now, I laugh at their stupid faces along with EA execs.

I think they changed how their numbers work since then in their ever lasting war with the Trump reddit.

it'll just make millions on name alone again and EA will live to see another year.

CoD has its usual sellouts, I wonder if EA have paid some of them to do the damage control for nuBattlefront2.

EA is really trying to hold onto that worst company in existence award this year.

Don't ever pity Star Wars fans.
They are nothing but animals that exist to be exploited.
Le reddit downvotes is the most they'll ever do, they won't organize to hit EA where it hurts, they won't even give it a golden poo, they won't do anything that actually matters, hell, I bet the little sheep will still pay for this and then defend it because "muh poor devs need money".

How much did CoD sell even? I imagine the numbers were lower than the previous entry in the franchise as fatigue sets in.

111k downvotes and they still all gave EA money anyway. Fuck everyone involved on both sides.

And they'll blame it on gamergate and disminishing return instead of even thinking about not putting nazi nigresses in the same game they've been making for 14 years.

Hey fuck you. I'm a star wars fan and haven't bought any of disneys pozzed shit. Being a star wars fan in current year+2 is suffering.

I would pay $5 to skin these people.

I'd like to know that too. I know they said that it sold more than Infinite Warfare but that's not really a surprise.

#NotAllFans

wtf I love reddit now

Don't get upset, redditors are cretins, but the fact the EA post got so many downboats will make the news and hurt EA because we know they get butthurt when they get made fun of.

I'm a Star Wars "legends" fan, I frankly don't care what Disney does to the franchise since they're making fanfiction.

Probably, but it will be the biggest PR hit EA has suffered in years, so it'll be fun to watch, especially now that the yuros have woken up. The downvotes are still counting, refresh the reddit thread every ten minutes and see the numbers rise. I don't think anyone is really going to defend this but the most devoted of goys and journos trying to downplay it. SWfags have only so much money to waste after all, so naturally if you deprive them of their iconic heroes they're gonna get mad.

The funniest part is that this was actually beta tested with everyone constantly giving EA feedback that they should stop jewing so hard, but they just wouldn't listen. Here's some faggot explaining to what extents EA went to make Battlefront pay-to-win, even making it pay-to-win in the fucking beta.

hooktube.com/watch?v=I-6lLNaSxH0

Nobody gives a fuck how many downboats something gets on Reddit. It doesn't change the fact these idiots have already bought the game for a premium and will be entering their credit card details within ten minutes of downvoting.

All that information gone so some faggot could use a case for his shitty build

This. It's not like they couldn't know, in the beta itself this scheme was already flashed out.

There is a final solution to this.

No.

Higher than IW, lower than Blops3

HOW? IW was actually good.

The Starcraft one was fucking hilarious. He gives them back the source code and all they give him back is a fucking ticket and some Monopoly money.

Did they fix the multiplayer finally?

So, lower than the fifth highest selling CoD game. They're going the AC route.

Anybody who bought Nu-battlefront deserves to get swindled by EA

Wow, user. Such an original comment you're making there. Would be such a shame if it had already been shat own the first 6 million times some retard thought he was hot shit for making it.

Well numbers havn't come out yet but it's my prediction seeing as IW didn't make a splash while WW2 is talked about a bit by normalfags but not as much as Blops3 was

The troglodytes that play CoD don't like too much change. That being said IW had the potential to be a good SP game if it wasn't just a reskin of the usual CoD campaign and gameplay.

What did he mean by this?

That's what the patch that changed its name to (Classic, 2005) did.

wew
Keep trying to claim a shitty videogame company is worse than companies and corporations that have screwed people over in far more important ways than "the game I bought sucked ;_;" and "a developer lost his job but found another one".

I can fucking hear the Hava Nagila playing in the background holy shit, these kikes are clueless

I know that, but when I tried playing all the serves had zero ping and it was almost impossible to connect to most of them. Did they fix that?

niggah I haven't been able to play that for years the compatibility to any thing post XP is pure shit. and yes I've tried all the known fixes.

The EA community manager is already laughing at this and being a smug little cunt.
And people thought they would care about downboats.

archive.is/DenaU
archive.fo/6JEiv

normalfags always are lagging a couple years behind us

My guess is that the community manager will soon be out of a job.

not even surprised.

Best part of those threads are people who still defend this

Then at least they can't fire him or they'll have to fire a couple white guys too for optics.

Why are PR people so bad at their jobs? You'd think they'd know not to piss off their customer base. Even fucking Totalbiscuit, being the egomaniac he's known to be was able to control himself during GG and not lash out at screaming insane leftists but these fags cant handle disgruntled customers due to EAs practices?

Yeah probably better way to phrase it now. Legends or legacy. Anything new is worthless now tbh.

Oh shit, seems like Hava Nagila really is playing

I somehow have more respect for this guy than for redditors thinking they achieve anything with their downboats.

You know nigger, you're not wrong. However the far more pressing point here is that EA continues to ratchet up their utter kikery with every moment that passes on our mortal coil. The have zero shame, and zero intent on stopping. So however much contempt you justifiably feel for the retards that keep falling for EA's kike tricks, you should have exponentially more hatred for EA as a company.

I don't understand this prevailing mindset on Holla Forums where shitting on the retarded plebs who fall for the kike tricks is somehow more important than speaking out against the fucking kikes who are ticking the retarded plebs. Where are you niggers priorities? Are you that fucking content to pretend your endless braying at your supposed lessers means anything?

You faggots are exactly the same as the 2nd amendment cuckservatives who whine on endlessly about tyranny without actually bearing arms against it. You can cry all you fucking want but until you're willing to actually shed blood for the cause you purport to stand for you are nothing but impotent do-nothing faggots.

Shit or get off the pot.

I'm confused already

Fair point. Conceded.
They all belong in the oven, though.

probably because he's not backing down

Here:

Because HR hires them based on political allegiance, not actual competence or work experience, and we all know that leftists are overgrown children with poor impulse control.

I think EA is in deep shit though. I mean, they only managed to release two Star Wars game in all this time, not because they don't want to make more, but likely because they don't have any developers around that know how to make them.

ah i see their strategy
guess time will tell how it turns out. but, we are in a world of suckers that havent the free time to plant their foot down

Nah, at this point anyone who falls for EA tricks deserves to be kiked. Fool me once shame on you… EA is doing the most rational thing to be done in the position it is in, milk milk milk. Why shouldn't they?

Of course

The thing is, ebin downboats aside, reddit is one of the most likely groups of people who'd actually be buying BF2 (as evidenced by that subreddit existing at all) - reddit is normalfag central and it's normalfags who stand for the most sales of AAA games, so to piss your biggest userbase as a company that only wants the moolah is a stupid idea

Odds are people would still buy the game full-price despite Vader being paylocked, but because they now feel personally offended by what a representative of EA said they're not going to now

thats like a guy fucking dogs in the ass and having more respect for him than the dogs

Don't be an idiot. Good PR is felt, not seen, and fuck ups are in a prime position to be laughed at. Asscancer and his fanboys can go fuck themselves - I'm not even going to touch that one.

more like get it back after losing it for a few years

Yes, Reddit is still a cum-swilling subhuman majority and only a tiny fraction of those downboaters will actually adjust their plans for giving EA more money, but I think this is the most high-exposure instance of directly anti-cancerous publisher sentiment yet, after years of ramping up and occasionally poking its head into the mainstream. There is legitimate hope that normalfags at large might be force fed so much shit that they begin refusing it in numbers great enough to hurt these publishers, even if it takes another 5 years for them to work up the spine.

They have a good point though, EA could go Dota 2 Valve style and make lots of money as well as delivering a wholesome gaming experience.
Nothing wrong in that screenshot.

In this case the dogs have been fucked by the guy countless times, but they don't run away even when unattended. Additionally, when you try to save the poor animals they bark at you and defend their master. Nah, they're perfect for each other. The only hope we have is that these normal fag redditors get so sick of being screwed over that they just stop playing video games. If they're out of the system, then there will be no market for these cash grabs.

more like having no respect for a battered housewife still defending her husband at every occasion.

The day will come that your kind will be exterminated from the globe in righteous cleansing fire.

The weak fear the strong. People who try to defend the sheep will be slaughtered alongside them.

I mean that's just fucking impressive

They do deserve to be milked, I won't spend time and energy protecting people against themselves, it's a shame natural selection is on hiatus now because of modern society.

Gamers were a mistake

Mocking the enablers of EA is the most likely way to affect change in the industry. I've been boycotting EA games for years but unless you can get everyone on board then ultimately nothing will change.

We can scream at EA until we are blue in the face but until their accounting department starts going into the red they won't budge an inch.

I can only tolerate so much stupidity and so should you. EA being kikes isn't anything new, it's ancient in fact, if at this point you still think they will be good to you you deserve to be kiked. You can larp Holla Forums all you want, but you're just being a good ol' internet white knight.

But ebin downboats are reason behind normalfag central.
It solely means it is set of echo chambers, where only most popular opinion will survive. Any criticism of them will be threated as negativity/shit talk and downvoted to the ground.
What is even worse mods know about the fact they have PR people there so they are nearly always pro-company.

Accomplishment is actually something that have been here all this time. For example a lot of characters in Gothic are purposefully assholes for you to feel accomplishments once you get stronger and beat them up.
Yeah it is not here.
And pride is here solely to show they also support LGBT.

What really makes me livid about the industry isn't yids being yids, it's the fact no one gets onto the kikery. Why hasn't anyone made a Sims competitor? Why did we have to wait for Cities: Skylines to get something vaguely resembling SimCity? Why does nobody try to muscle into Bethesda's or CA's niche? Why do all these stupid fucks consistently keep spending hundreds of millions of dollars trying to make the next Call of Duty "killer" despite knowing about the dozens of previous attempts that failed miserably? Why isn't someone making a Skyrim "killer" instead? What the fuck is wrong with these people, do they not want to make money?

Why the duck is this thread still here?

The market will clone what is making the most money at the time.

"Mario clone"
"Doom clone"
"Halo killer"
"WoW killer"
"CoD killer"
"LoL killer"
"Overwatch killer"
Up next: "PUBG killer"

The Elder Scrolls is a big franchise but I don't think it comes near what those others have achieved in sales and mindshare.

I guess a Skyrim-type game takes too much effort to develop?

This is no longer flavortown.

Really makes me think. They could argue "everybody who wants to play Skyrim-like game will stick to playing Skyrim" but then how do they think that "Everybody who wants to play Call of Duty will surely flock to our clone of said game"

It's possible that suits use some borderline reasonable logic that First-Person shooters have more massive market and it's much easier to get share of it compared to single-player RPG like Skyrim.

Is it possible they could be EA shill's disguised as reddit users?

It's possible they get constant positive reassurance (from higher ups) that they are "in the right" and "trust out player data" which for all we know may be fabricated.
Note how he says that the unlock values are based upon "open beta data", a nice, short and vague technical researched sounding answer. The potential consumers, don't know what that value is and "he" probably doesn't know either. He's mostly likely been told by a higher up, to answer any question of Vader/Luke in unit currency unlock time to just say we based it off beta data, when for all we know the beta data could have been a much lower value that would have prevented anyone from buying a (real money) loot crate.
Think of it this way, would anyone want to spend the equilateral of a 8 hour, 5 days a week, 40 hour job to unlock Vader and then again for Luke (for free), especially if you already work full time?

Yeah, but look at the options:

a.) We can make a shitty clone of CoD in an already oversaturated market and suffer the same fate as the dozen other "killers" that came before us.

b.) We can make a game in a niche where there is just on developer making games, where most fans are more than willing to try something a little different that fixes the issues with the original.

Yet they consistently choose to go for the CoD clone despite knowing it will fail abysmally.

Sure, the FPS market is bigger, but it's also overcrowded. Between CoD, Battlefield, Far Cry, Battlefront where exactly can you compete? In Bethesda's niche there's just Bethesda, and it doesn't take much effort to make a better product than what they offer.

its possible but i dont think its necessary for them to hire people like that. people are desperate for a good star wars game, and many more people just arent as "intimate" with ea as you or i may be

That was KillZone. I remember when the gaming press as hyping the game like that despite not being on the same platform.

Guerrilla are stupid fucks.

At least Bungie knew to let you play as the guy in the cool armor.

I bet most of them bought it anyway.

Reminds me of the (((Holla Forums Holla Forums steam group))) screen cap with half of the fags playing FO4

got u

To be fair, the initial investment would probably be big.
Gamebryo, as shit as it is, is engineered specifically for that kind of game, so that most item sets and environments can easily be copy-pasted during development and it wouldn't take too much effort to do the same for the behaviour of NPCs.
Not to mention, anyone copying it would have face the wrath of a million fanboys, and it might not even attract enough people to pay off.

I just hope they won't add a war that makes the East Coast brotherhood vs Legion, NCR and Mr House New Vegas. I don't want bethesda shit on New Vegas and get away with it

Good point user, maybe that IS the issue.
Any of us old enough to have seen EA's bizarre rise, fall (to Activision) and then strangely rise again back to being the scummiest company in that pre-2010 period, while youngfags would have still been children who weren't viewing gaming websites in that time period (born late 90's/early 2000's).

Does this mean we need more easy consumable information out there to fill in the younger generation on EA's evilness over the decades?
And when I mean info, I mean even obscure stuff like:

if todd himself joined the group maybe he just rounded up a bunch of friends as a joke

I don't care much about this but IIRC the most downvoted comment on leddit was someone calling someone a fucking faggot, I'm surprised this passed that

Considering which subreddit that happened on, I think that was the height of irony.

archive.is/eOJl9
Have a look here if you want a laugh

and yet the faggot still went full damage control

Anons need to pool our resources together and hire shills to spread redpills about ea and other scummy publishers on the normalfag sites.

Well, it was good while it lasted boys. Peace out.

You're not fooling anyone gayboy

EA always had terrible community managers. I remember the lead up to BF3, the CM was always arguing with people in the forums.

So with that shown off, can you now imagine why we have redesigned reddit's gamergate mascot character into a imbecellic child?

Everything wrong with plebbit is also whats wrong with democracy. Plebbit is normalfaggot moron central, because its voting system spoils you into parrotting the lowest common denominator opinions. On top of that comes that the karma system is easy to exploit as it evident by the mere presence of 200+ karma NEETs.

Plebbit spilling over was a problem for 7 years by now. Fucking neck yourself!

A TRUE and HONEST pesponse

Darth Vader's arms are not locked!

This. No matter how many times you tell plebbit a game's gonna be shit and fuck you in the wallet, they never ever listen. Fuck 'em.

Imagine if some faggot would find a disk of Blood source code and either return it or destroy it by accident.

Fun part about this is that Vader is one of the worst Heroes in the game. On a scale from Overpowered to Utterly shit, Kylo Ren is in the former whilst Vader and Palpatine are in the later categories.

I bet on 300k downvotes before the end of the day, maybe 500k at the end of the week

Imagine if someone found the Daggerfall source code. Fucking Bethesda doesn't even have it themselves anymore. It'd be like finding the some lost extra copy of the original Star Wars reels.

I'm studying IBMS but I feel like there's more to learn from just playing this game

That was big at the time. It showed a lot of people back then that working in the vidya industry was not playing nintendo all day and getting paid for it. But it might need a reminder, things can easily get buried with time.

More than likely making them better in an attempt to associate superiority to the new product, which will be seen as weaker, outdated and inferior by contrast. Gotta make sure the goys are ready to buy the fresh new toys and like the new powerful characters of star wars. The only exception I would guess would be darth maul, since he's a fan favorite same as bobba fett.

Shiggy diggy

I don't get why people do this but they do it.

This is an interesting idea, is the golden poo still around? With so many pissed ledditors we might actually convince them to give EA another Worst Company award, remember how buttblasted they got last time they got it? It would be a saltmine if they got it a third time.

You don't do this, do you? Right?

Some retards have to have done it somehow and they need a good bullying.

Not even. All the Heroes suck shit except for Kylo Ren. Their merely health bots with improved damage and thats about it. Boba Fett is the only good one outside of Kylo due to his abilities

I see no difference

They buy it anyway.

They are faggots who have Steam accounts to begin with, what did you expect?

It's become more of an industry thing to remember than a normalfag thing. You might be surprised at the shitstorms devs and executives keep in mind even years after the fact
t. former contractor

>>>/bait/

More or less. From my knowledge however, the shitshow that is the industry involve EA more than any other company. Even somebody as cancerous as Ubi treats their workers well, speaking from personal experience.

People have already made claims that fortnite is the pubg killer

Nowadays yeah probably. I did remember that EA Spouse memo was a fairly big story and got some coverage outside of the industry.

Especially when there's fuckloads of other EA incidents that are bury each one.
While hating when EA buys out and then kills off developers years later due to poorly performing games (after there horrible design demands) is often talked about (like with Respawn and Visceral), the more personal human side isn't.
Basically:

You won't be able to fix the third bit I'm afraid, people still consider those companies the dream for working at. No matter how pissy people get at EA and co they still line up past the corner to join them because "VIDYAGAEMS DUUD"

They can't kike you if you don't allow yourself to be kiked in the first place

Hell, they put Akuma behind a paywall.

Sagat too, assuming the leaks about him are right.

I think everyone's at least tried to improve working conditions since then. I did actually do contract work for (((EA))) for a bit, and the working hours were a lot more normalized (at least relatively speaking. Vidya dev hours are shit no matter where you go, as far as I'm aware). Got to meet people who worked on some pretty cool games that way too.
I heard some fucking horror stories from people on my prior QA team who had worked there before the shift though.

Unrelated, but I've also heard several stories now regarding several companies in which employees set up porn sites on work computers. The balls on some of these people

Yeah I've been asked about it occasionally when people find out I worked in QA but for the most part people just don't remember

I guess I'm glad people aren't sucking the dick, but they still bought the fucking game. What did they expect?

Whoa whoa, back it up.
Is this a typo, or did they actually release a game with the exact same name as another game? I know nothing about (((Star Wars))) games, but I vaguely recall Disney re-releasing Battlefront 2.
Did EA re-re-release another version of it or what?

Huh, it's not shopped and it's at 250k now.

Please kill yourself. Please.

checked
Oh shit I think I'm friends with one of those guys

Disney shill detected.

I heard something like that happened during the dying last days of one studio I don't remember the exact one, possibly a UK based studio during the mid 90s. But the observation was stuff like that usually means the place is near death, people might know shit is going to close down so they no longer give a fuck or the morale and professionalism is completely out the window.
I wouldn't be surprised. The last time I heard any mention of it in the media was a "hey let's look back at this old story file". Then nothing again of the sort, if anything it reverted back to VIDYOGAEMS ARE COOL THEY ALMOST LOOK LIKE MOVIES NOW!

Every time.

Contractor for the QA departments or the Development departments? I can assure you that the former is still a shithole - at least over here - and basically a shitshow that makes you loathe the industry as a whole whilst at Ubisoft it's basically paradise on earth by comparison.

You're fooling nobody; fuck off back to wherever you came from.

Is that why Ubisoft makes shit games? Is bullying developers the way you get them to make a good game?

And by that I meant the DevQA or regular QA departments, my bad, writing mid-games and all.

Could be, fuck if I can tell you why. By sheer comparison however - at least on the QA side - Ubisoft is great. I can go more in-depth about what that entails if need be.

A Disney shill AND an EA shill in the same thread. Clearly this controversy is manufactured just to get free publicity if people like you are crawling around here policing posts that criticize your masters.

That would be interesting. I'm also interested why, despite you saying QA is a good job opportunity, their games tend to be so buggy. Compressed development time?

I worked in Dev Support QA. Did some console shit and some mobage. Teams were cool, management were pretty hands-off, hours were better than at smaller companies I worked at, job security was a lot better. Most issues stemmed from usual dev-side complications (not enough time to make game, game needs to have X by exactly tomorrow and builds take 45 mins etc) or from the fact that most QA are contractors and so are explicitly not supposed to get certain things (but my team handed me a plaque for one of the mobile projects and I managed to get a dev team hoodie)
I didn't work on FIFA though. I heard things are still pretty ridiculous over there.

Honestly sometimes a bit of bullying is needed. You get people where your best bet is just to let them work and keep them comfortable, and other people need a little more direction

other (former) QAfag here, we know about the bugs and the devs usually do as well, it's just a result of the release schedule. People bank on day-one and week-one patches as well, so that only causes that shit to slide further. Biggest issue is that games are too big at this point, so even a game that doesn't look like it has much content has a lot of room for bugs

I'm confused. Is this actual on-disk DLC? it sounds like darth vader can be unlocked with in-game credits and stuff but you can get it immediately by using $$$, like people unlocking guns in call of duty early using $$$ instead of waiting until they unlock it the "real" way?

or is there no way to get vader without paying real money.

All of the usual modern FPS unlocks are in lootboxes. You can pay to get more lootboxes

EA is worse than bank of america.

You can get Vader, or any other one hero after 40 hours of playtime. This isn't an estimate, you have to play 40 hours to unlock a hero character or just give EA your shekels. And this on top of the fact that lootcrates give you damage and health modifiers that clearly favor those that pay more money for more lootcrates.

You have to grind points to unlock things. These points can be spent on stuff other than vader, so if you really want vader you'll have to grind for roughly 40 hours if you're using nothing but default loadouts.

good times

And people are still mad about it because bank of america deserve it more, and they're crying about those damn whiny gamers and their stupid video games!
Except those dumbshit ignore one thing, BOA doesn't give a fuck about being the worst company, whereas EA got into full damage control when it happened

That's the other user. I work in the CoreQA department but like said, EA above all offers great job security despite its shortcomings. And just like he said in regards to devs, some require bullying to do their fucking job. And I mean a lot of fucking bullying. To keep this relevant to the thread at hand, I worked on the new Star Wars game recently and holy shit is this trainwreck in dire need of BULLYING on the devs part. For reference sake you have the Milestones, right? On other games, notably Battlefield 1, you had server commands to force bots to spawn on you in a certain location and to set their respawn timer, suicide rate, and all that good shit. It made debugging stuff such as Milestones as legitimately as possible easy work. On this trainwreck however?

You have to PRAY to God almighty you load into the correct server because everything is resetable i.e no server browser and only quickmatch that can put you on any server ever and always prioritizes servers with one person in it no matter what. Then when you join the damn server you need to wait for the fucking objectives to reach their destination - which takes 10 fucking minutes if not interrupted - so that the bots can spawn in the correct area. During phase 1 they spawn all over the fucking map and most of the time in out of bounds. Then you need to get in that spawn area for area 2 and constantly switch teams through server commands not to die to the fucking out of bounds timer. If you didn't get put on your server - which odds are you didn't - then have fun killing 80 or so bots to farm enough battle points to be able to spawn as a Hero for whatever work you need to do on him. All this to simply check a milestone that requires you to perform 20 kills with a particular hero. This shit takes upwards to an hour or more of work whilst on Battlefield 1, it took less than 5 minutes. All this because the server commands are shit, 90% of them are missing, and nobody bullied the Devs to give them to us so we can actually test shit in a reasonable manner.

Now for the company specifics themselves, keep in mind this is CoreQA focused but I'll give a few bullet points.

Work Schedules :

Environment :

That's off the top of my head, at the least.

Oh well, at least the Star Wars Ultimate Commander mod for the real Star Wars Battlefront II has a lot of promise.

Thank you for the great writeup, it's really appreciated. I am genuinely puzzled as to why Ubisoft is so good toward the employees considering they are no less yiddish that EA, and sometimes worse.

I imagine Disney will try to force EA to give up the license considering they're doing fuckall with it, not that it will matter by the time episode VIII and IX turn Star Wars into complete and utter garbage.

Also, say what you want about the sequel, they had their fair amount of cringe and bad writing, but at least they introduced new and interesting characters and ideas and attempted a more complicated plot, even though it was poorly handled.

Meant "prequels" obviously.

There's also the fact that the award means nothing and, by complaining that they're favorite object of ridicule didn't win, they're admitting to being everything they attribute "those dumb gamers" to being. Seriously, no one really gives a shit. Bombing those polls was for laughs.

i've never played a game with lootboxes other than battlefield 4. and lootboxes gave stuff like weapon skins, xp boosters, and rarely weapon attachments. everything else had to be unlocked by using certain classes/weapons alot and scoring alot of points with them.

so you just have to play the game alot to unlock popular characters? sounds kinda normal to me. the part thats retarded is the fact that you can pay money to unlock it. but to me when i see microtransactions in the game, i just read it as not being in the game.

the question is do these buyable things actually give a big advantage over other players? most games the different things are more/less reskins or provide a negligible benefit.

The only thing bad about the prequels were the movies themselves. But most of the shit that derived from them was solid.

Honestly I probably just lucked out with the teams I was on. Embedded Dev Support QA (where I worked) was treated as part of the team socially, but not legally. We ran fairly autonomously, and talked a lot to external QA. I also managed to swing local admin and I spent my lunch breaks playing non-work vidya. I also watched a lot of youtube videos. That system will probably be maintained until the team breaks up or someone abuses it really hard. We had normal OT, and no nightshift on the embedded team, and while we didn't get transportation paid for, our manager made sure we got free food if we stayed too late and the cafeteria was pretty good (and that's assuming we didnt just order food with the dev team).

I cant imagine doing testing for an MP shooter regularly. I was in on some of the wider test periods for a few games and holy fuck just doing ad-hoc for a couple hours was an absolute shitshow to set up

See: hooktube.com/watch?v=I-6lLNaSxH0

Star wars is a dead franchise. it died at the remasters of the original, and started rotting at the launch of episode 1.
by the time the 3rd movie and clone wars came, the thing was covered in maggots and flies.

someone should just make a new battlefront game, and call it something else. maybe make one thats modern military themed, or future space themed, or maybe an ancient military theme of a space civilization that would seem futuristic to us, but its actually from a very long time ago.

thanks for the hooktube link so i dont have to replace "you" with "hook".

Polls are serious business for some people who seek validation, and apparently for shareholders of EA, that's why it's so fun to bomb them in the first place

Ubisoft is still led by Yves and - despite whatever you may believe - the guy is pure. It's almost adorable listening to him speak in English because he obviously can't grasp the language but tries hard as fuck no matter what in order to better reach his employees instead of just bantering in french and shit. He directly thanks his QA departments and every other department in videos and shit whilst at EA you don't hear even a single peep from higher ups. Hell we still have cases where a lot of employee's aren't in the credit lists of the games they worked on whilst the fucking Janitor at DiceLA and his two cats are. Ubisoft delivers bad games because - simply put - a few bad apples spoil the whole thing. All it takes is for a single developer to start screaming about representation and other stupid shit and he'd be listened to if he can present his ideas diplomatically enough to management. Their incompetent in some regards, but not out of malice, simply because they can't keep up as well as they would wish. That said they are still turning a very nice profit hand over fist. If Yves and his team are ever outed from the firm by a buyout however, expect it to all go downhill. EA, on the other hand, are a bunch of penny-pinching kikes.

Support Dev QA is a lot higher on the food chain than CoreQA so it's to be imagined you'd be treated better. CoreQA is the bottom of the barrel at the EA and for good reasons, there's no barrier for entrance, we take in the most retarded of the retards because we need monkeys on typewriters.

And if ya' thought those Ad-Hocs were bad then boy you ain't seen shit as far as cancerous test cases go. The sad part is that testing - in of itself - is easy as shit but if you don't bully the devs to give you the necessary tools then it becomes an utter fucking shitshow. And if they give you the BAD tools, as is the case with this games lootboxes, and horrible directions? HOO BOY.

archive.is/JJX8y
archive.is/mSmKJ

Devs on damage control.

Besides remuneration, PR is in practice similar to being a forum moderator. The position has absolutely no requirements besides being well ""connected"".

They're just screeching like the entitled shits they are and making things worse. Holy fucking Christ, who hires these imbeciles and allows them to speak to the public?

Forget about your life, I'd worry about your job instead

HOLY FUCK
so they took the idea from MW2 for perks in multiplayer, but made it so OP but only if you upgrade it. this is like GTAV online level of unbalanced, but atleast in GTAV online when you enter a multiplayer game, everyone is cut down to size.

how is this game even playable with perks like "100% damage reduction from rocket barrage while using jetpack."
yeesh.

even if this game didnt have lootboxes, the game's online would only be fun at first. after an amount of time everyone would be so OP, new players would get their shit kicked in and be useless to their teammates. i hope the devs atleast thought about putting in some kind of failsafe to make it so you can only be with people who have stuff upgraded to a similar level as you, even though this would destroy gameplay with friends.

I can guarantee you there is no such thing. Or, at the very least, no such testcases exist.

To play the devil´s advocate, they threatened to sue the ever living shit out of the guy who found the source code.

Yep. Republic Commando and the 2D cartoon was quite good.

We live in a time and place where Activision patented a system that will match you against people more skilled than you so you also go and buy lootboxes, and if you've bought said lootboxes it will match you against bad players so you can bully them into buying lootboxes.

I don´t think that "woops" is a good legal defense against a jewish mega corporation.

Yeah that's true. External QA definitely has a few more degrees of separation. A lot of the teams I've worked with just have rolling testers as well. They're "open" before we are and close long after we've gone home. We were direct points of contact for them though, so they'd just ping us on (((skype))) or (((lync))) or whatever it was at that point, and ask away.
Most of my work after a while became making sure the pipeline wasnt so shit- creating test cases, listing specific parts of games to test, asking about or poking around in automation scripts, etc. Honestly the most annoying part of the job was nondevs thinking I was a playtester

However on the Ubisoft profit front, arent they being floated by federal funding? I think they will pull through either way if they manage to nail FC5 and a few other tentpoles down the road, but I had heard asscreed wasnt making quite as much money anymore

The only East NA QA team I have experience with is Eidos Montreal, and I actually didnt ever interact with them personally, but they seemed alright in terms of output.

Far fewer than I expected
I'm surprised he didn't just blockbot or set to private

The solution is to not go public with the fact that you found the source code in the first place. :^)
Same as the rule for fan games. Don't say shit about it

Motherfucker I get a death threat from the government every time I pick up a pack of cigarettes.

Just send it to some third world country user so they do it.

sasuga nanny state

You'd think the mega corporation would be able to prove it was you who leaked it? If he did it right after, then yes, easily. Two months later, behind seven VPNs, however? Would they even bother at that point?

this game really is pay to win, if i paid a bunch of money, i could wreck everyone else, especially in the first few weeks of a game's launch when all the normalfags are playing before they get tired and go back to their normalfag lives or onto the next fad.
i honestly didnt even know pay to win existed outside of phone games. but something tells me this isnt the first big title to be a true "pay to win" game.

what a time to be alive.

Yeah. Didn't they send a guy for Angry Joe to talk about this paywall progression thing? They apparently addressed this with the recent update changes in response to the community.

Because their consumer base are mostly composed of fucking idiots who will eat the shit their company produces anyway.
Not even Jewllywood went this far with cinema or home media

I always do couple of dramatic fake coughs when I pass smoker. You're free to ruin your own lungs but not public air.

So how long until EA does another petition?

Blame the open doors policy for the retards confusing you for a regular tester. We have some real fucking mouth breathers down here and boy are they mentally deficient. I'm talking drinking milk through the hose connected to the coffee machine level of retardation and I wish I was joking. As far as Ubisoft goes however - and this is only what I know of them - is that their games are made on what is equivalent to a shoestring budget. It's honestly quite remarkable how well they end up all things considered and how little they spend on marketing compared to other firms. As far as I am aware, not a single title in recent years failed to meet their demands, most of the time they actually went past them since they don't shoot for the moon. So whilst the government funding is definitely helping them out, they know what they are doing as far as money goes. The only real issue they have is with Vivendi trying to buy them out and that's simply because Vivendi is playing the stock exchange and trying to forcefully take them over rather than any failings on Ubisofts part. The fuckers pooled so much cash into their attempts Yves is sweating bullets. Yet despite it all he's not trying to outjew the jew in order to survive. His plan relies on increasing the share of employee shares in the company through a program that's basically "Hey, if you buy X stocks from us we will pay up to around 80% of those stocks. The stocks themselves will be under a sister company of ours but you will be able to cash out 5x what you invested in a years time. You still have access to buy our stocks like before with a discount of course, just this one will be a bigger discount and allow you to buy more stuff."

Yves is the hero this industry needs and I genuinely love Ubisoft as a company, no matter how much Holla Forums spergs about it.

fuck off sam

Wow, that sounds pretty gay, user.
Do you make yourself vomit every time you see someone having a beer?

They know reddit. The top comments already admit they bought the fucking game but "disagree" with what EA is doing. Why should EA even care if the idiots already paid them?

Siege was a good game but uplay is an abomination.
God bless Yves for all the good games he provided though.

No wonder America is going down the drain.

I'm fairly sure none of them include pictures of his house, family or transit to/from work

Oh I just meant non-industry people. The whole "it must be great to play games for a living" thing, when that's a job for someone to do maybe 3 times in a project's lifespan and they get shit pay for it

RE: Ubisoft, I hope they start making good games again. I did actually respond to their petition a few years back (and I told them that Asscreed sucks without boats, that press A to climb is cancer, and that the counter button ruins combat) just for fun, but they've got some genuinely good franchises to draw from (Prince of Persia, Rayman, every third Tom Clancy release, Driver, HoMM etc). They just need to kill uplay, or at least upgrade it from Steam '04 tier

Keep in mind this was during the wave of suicides at the FOXCONN facilities and a lot of media outlets painted it as if Apple was the sole user of FOXCONN's facilities, so in the public mind Apple had blood on their hands.

This never gets old

What is the 'death threats to actual deaths' ratio for these SJWs?

Its probably up to a million death threats with no actual deaths yet?

Statistically, you would probably live longer if you receive on of these alleged 'death threats' than if you didnt,

is it worth it to live that much longer but at the same time, live so much less?

This. They haven't even started development on tesVI yet perfect opportunity for someone to fill the gap.

I think this is a good idea.
People can enjoy the game for longer and have something to look forward to, while those pressed for time can pay a few coins for a shortcut upgrade and see what they want to see.
Personally, I'm usually quite busy with work, so i only have half an hour if that for a quick online match - so I'd rather pay a bit more to see what the powers are like and choose my favourite.
In a way, I'm sacrificing the enjoment of waiting and seeing, so I should be paying a little more.

archive.is/GSA9S

They don't ruin air that I need to breath, so no.

They are pathetic, but so are the ones writing "I hop u fuggin DIE".
It is a game they chose to buy.
Ask for a refund or forget about it.

Wait, is the thing actually 60.000 to unlock. Holy shit the test builds still have it at 10.000, this keeps getting better.

Good goy. We'll implement "battle coins" so don't forget to buy them so you can get right back into the action instead of waiting 20 minutes for those coins!

WEW LAD REDDIT SURE IS WINNING HERE

Don't bother, it's the same guy ID hopping and being a shitty baiter. Scroll up and you'll find other posts in the same veneer.

Probably because shareholders investors and suits want a sure bet for success. Most of them figures that at least with a known title or sequelitis, that still means a higher chance of success vs an unknown new title even if the numbers doesn't always bear this out. The same type of mentality in hollywood that wants to make everything into a disney marvel cinematic universe franchise garbage.

What are those?

Gaymergate wins again.

Will they ever get tired of winning?

Good but also this

reddit gold. It's used to highlight a message, generally one you really like but not necessarily. The reason few posts have them is because you have to PAY to be able to gild posts.
Retards beings retards, business as usual.

i feel like that should be illegal.

I'm actually surprised the difference isn't even bigger, according to ledditors it takes 40 hours to unlock a "hero", that means it'd take ~7 hours in the review copies, that's still expecting too much commitment out of journos.

"do you want to upvote this comment? or pay to gold-upvote this comment"

the internet was a mistake.

Misrepresentation of final product in marketing/advertisement?

Why is it red?

We all know the "journos" wouldn't play more than an hour but they can see they are ~20% done by then.

What is even better is plebbiters started it giving eachother dogecoins then reddit stepped in and removed the little value that did exist and made themselves the sole supplier of their goycoins.

Custom css. Easier on the eyes.

is that illegal? or just jewry. because then companies would be getting sued over bullshots and whatnot.

He even looks like a Bond villain.

wew

Apparently this isn't from the review copies, but from the "launch capture event" held a week ago.
archive.fo/6soC2

I used to assume "well maybe a sequel was in the cards a long time ago regardless of the critical response to tge first game so maybe they are turning the microtransactions up to 11 so they can get as much money from the nut jobs who actually by it". Now I know I'm right and I also know EA's community manager is a bit of a prick. Not a good way to handle public relations; saying that everyone trying to critize your product has invalid points cause they dont actually work on the product.

312k atm

Yeah user, I sure do love the karl marx quests where we try to help marxism succeed in assassins creed ascension, and playing as a black dude murdering white people in origins. Even better was the interracial art plastered all over the game and the we wuz kangs bullshit. Yves is the hero we need to finally make progress and make sure gaming is on the right side of history.
They sure did work hard to fluff up their games score with fake positive reviews on metacritic though.
Considering ubisoft is known for making the pozzed leftist shit and being subsidized by governments to do it, good riddance, I hope vivendi fires them all and runs the games into the ground.
Yeah, we really need more Assassins creed Origins and white girls getting blacked in vidya. Truely a hero for vidya and progress.
Hope you're enjoying your stay here neofag.

They've a clause that sets up the loophole; it's essentially phrased so that it allows patches (not a representation of the final product). The marketers know that reviewers will only play 2-5 hours of the game, so they frontload the content, ignore critical bugs and make the game easier on the reviewer by altering ammo count, in-game economy and the like all in order to get a more positive review. Side benefits only go so far, after all.

Vote counts start turning more red the more they go into the negatives, so far no other comment had ever managed to go beyond yellow, nobody knows what happens when a comment goes fully red, but people theorize it will activate reddit's ultimate shill protection failsafe, causing the biggest booty blast ever seen.

This is why a rabid cult fan base is the worst thing for consumers but is the ultimate goal for a company. Normally if a company does something shit it goes like
If your consumer is addicted to your product like a drug
The company gets to take a big risk by doing something shit with no downside. Either the customers dont care and eat shit or they ask to eat old shit because it is the shit they are used to.

They shut it down and the kvetching begins, likely concerning toxic gaming culture and racism.

Typical that redditors would see the color most associated with male power as a bad thing.

Read the spoliers, you two. Also take a good look at pic related.

It was by a new developer and was following the worst Ghosts, which is universally considered the worst CoD ever made. People were just uncertain.

The game industry is the only media industry on the planet that can get away with stuff like this because their main demographic is teenagers frivolously spending their parents' money. It's so good at hooking people and pushing the line further and further that even the tobacco industry has to be jealous. No one else could get away with this, but the target market for video games is apathetic retards and literal children.

This is the reason I have bought maybe three or four new games in the last maybe 7 or almost 8 years, and have not bought a new console. The line has been pushed inch by inch incrementally for more than a decade ever since gaming went from being a hobby and games industry to a major media industry. And every step of the way you have retards screaming, "Why are you complaining? It's just a tiny change, they only moved the line an inch!" until the line is a mile from where it started and they're still defending it because they're too stupid to be able to just abstain from new games.

AAA games now have become skeletal support platform structures on which to add DLC, microtransactions, and skinner lootboxes. If you buy into this you are a sucker. You are a rube. You are the victim of the con man. You bought the snake oil from the guy on the street corner. When the man bet you he could make cider jump out of your ear, you wound up ten dollars short with an ear full of cider. You were willingly swindled. Worse you have to stand there holding your bottle of cat piss labelled Miracle Drink and then to save face and not look like a retard you have to try to convince others you made a great purchase and it has miraculously cured your ulcer and made your uncle regrow his hair. The only thing more shameful than the industry that peddles this paid nonsense are the people who buy into it and then need to try to justify their lack of judgment and ciritical thinking with, "H-heh what are you a poorfag? Can't even afford a bottle of cat piss?"

They're memory holeing the older titles by naming the newer games after them.

they should really introduce some gambling legislation to include shit like this.

hooktube.com/watch?v=Q9RjDRLBWio

anyone have the webm of this?

Remember when he showed up the next year in an all-white suit after people said he looked like Lucifer himself in the black suit?

No shit

I don't know what this means, but it's on his wikipedia page.

archive.is/gd1E4
Another spreadsheet and rebuttal to whales being lured in by the "high" amount of credits you earn from early challenges.
Posted in the the wrong thread.

I want to know more

Those admittedly awesome cheekbones remind me of something.

Hoo boy. I remember the times when "release now, patch later" was the worst thing in the industry. I mean, really, you had to download (free) bug fixes? Young, innocent me believed that this was as bad as things could get.

fucking gets me EVERY goddamn time

like pottery

This is more cancerous than the tobacco industry. The game industry is making children obtain a gambling addiction. When these kids get to the age that they can go into a Casino bad things will happen.

Reddit is shit, but you're being obtuse. Red is negative and blue/green positive in almost every single video game as well. Most games with a heal system use red numbers for damage and blue or green for recovery. Hell, "going into the red" is a phrase that has meant going into debt for a long time, because accounting traditionally denotes negatives in red ink.

no it wont. nobody will remember this in a week when the next "big thing" takes over that shithole site.

Truth be told though the group is small and the only real nuisance is when 8 people are mic spamming at once. But that's something easily fixable

It's elementary schoolers, no joke.

Is this what plays in EA's headquarters?

The game was obviously made to be unbalanced from the ground up so new/poor players can get shit on until they pay for hundreds of lootboxes to "git gud"

what did he mean by THIS?

This trend of giving a new game in a series the exact same name (or off by an article or something) is one of the most annoying fads in modern gaming. I need more than two hands to count the amount of games that have come out in the past few years that were named the exact same thing as another one in the same series.

no its this youtube.com/watch?v=UJOjTNuuEVw

It's because the newer games are objectively worse than the originals.

It's calculated kikery meant to destroy our cultural heritage. Same reason Hollywood makes movies with the same name of popular books or plays but then pozzes them up.

WHERE IS THE ARCHIVE OF THE COMMENT THREAD IN OP'S PICTURE?
WHY WAS WASN'T IT ARCHIVED IN THE FUCKING OP?
THEY'VE ALREADY DONE MASSIVE DAMAGE CONTROL AND CENSORING OF THE COMMENTS
Found an archive archive.fo/nyJ03
Absolute cancer.

Jewtunes are unironically good.

it's an annoying but effective long term goal. Memoryhole the superior game while keeping the good pr and nostalgia from the old titles you killed. It's not just EA doing this. Sony is doing it with God of War, Capcom tried to do it with DmC, Nintendo/Monolith got away with it with the Xeno franchise. It's a common post 2007 trend and it's only going to get worse.

Bet you anything it was EA plants. It's well known that marketing agents operate with impunity on reddit with full knowledge of the administrators.

OH AND DON'T FORGET TOMB "I HATE TOMBS" RAIDER

Your evidence for this is what, then? They’ve actively worked against illegal government datamining methods.

ok but the apple product quality and features and usability is not as shit as google products no matter what the memes say

apple was caught giving up phone location data to government agencies.

Who the fuck would give back SC master code for like $200?
I don't like that person.

Cancer, just like this spacing.

So they didn't know who found it. Just "some person". So fucking leak away.

cops and infrastructure owners can track every phone location no matter who made it through the cell network, why the fuck would it need a specific manufacturer to somehow give the information? Especially since the manufacturer couldnt really even have it if its not reading GPS and then sending results onwards somehow for no reason other than to track everyone?

You forgot Sonic 06.

This is a really faggy thing to do user.

this post gave me cancer. Neck yourself, OP. Cunts like you have destroyed the gaming industry.

Not to mention the fucking mountains of butts on every sidewalk.
Smoking in public displays a complete disregard for everyone and everything around you and deserves to be relentlessly shamed.

Reminderhe lost his shit when Trump won, verbally attacked his wife, and went on a ban spree for anyone who disagrreed with leftist social justice bullshit on his stream last year.

Hopefully he'll get to watch Trump's second inauguration from his deathbed.

lol

source?

they have their phone data they use for targeted marketing, and they were caught giving individual user data including individual locations to the government without asking for a warrant or subpena or anything.
i dont know what youre trying to argue.

did you forget about the apple cloud breach and all that? how old are you?

…mobile service providers are the ones who have location data, i didnt know that apple is into networking since i heard that is an actual monopoly in the jewnited snakes of americunts, google however is a service provider.

Ever since I was young, whenever an (((official source))) would bring up economics, one thing was always mentioned: "People love spending money."
According to these economists, investors, professors, and EA PR employees, people do indeed feel an honest to God sense of pride or accomplishment from buying a map pack or a new character or a doge meme gun skin.
I don't believe it is true, but EA does, and they will take it to their fucking grave that you buying the mere privilege to sometimes play as Darth Vader will give you a greater sense of personal pride than actually performing well in-game, or even playing the game at all.

20 now.
They have to pay real money to give le super upboats.
There are actually faggots paying to upvote EA's lies rather than getting paid to do it.

Every single fucking time.
These monsters don't give a fuck about this.

Why are you doing this

I've heard that they do that so that Reddit's shittastic algorithm doesn't autohide things that are heavily downvoted.
That's right, downvoted shit gets hidden, but you can literally pay to not have the post get hidden. Apparently, some people just want to be a "part of reddit history" by having given gold to the most downvoted comment in the history of the site.
Wasn't Gaben one of the most downvoted too for his "money is how the community fosters creativity" comment or something?

They are paying money to applaud someone for taking their money twice instead of once.

Yeah, and they have been doing this with movies and the remakes. Problem is that its well known that nine times out of ten, the original is superior to the remake, and that rule applies between movies and games.

But normalfags always HATED EA?

Not to defend reddit faggots, but have you considered that EA might be gilding their own post?

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

EA wins the gold shitpoop award again

This is the only starwars timeline that matters.
web.archive.org/web/20160731000838/www.starwarstimeline.net/History.htm

We're watching a moment in history. I'm not sure if there will ever be a comment with so many downvotes ever in Reddit.
No idea why EA hasn't deleted the comment, probably because they actually profit from it somehow.

reddit.com/r/dataisbeautiful/comments/7cmdz4/oc_top_10_most_downvoted_reddit_comments_of_all/
reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7cff0b/seriously_i_paid_80_to_have_vader_locked/dppum98/

That was funny, how lazy they did their bots with such a sloppy codding.

this

Star Wars has always belonged to us goy! you don't own nuffin :'^)

Also, that Steve from Yemen has a lot of courage to speak against anti-gayness, considering his islamic country is not particularly fond of gays.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Yemen

Yeah, now it's reddit tripping over themselves to be a part of reddit's history. Such a threadworthy topic for Holla Forums. And before you go "hurr durr vidya related," consider whether the news here is more about the game or the reaction to one single marketing drone.

This one isn't a bot, is it?

My father always told me when he left the house and I was alone, "Don't take any wooden nickels!" Looking back on it now, boy was he right.

So you're saying that after a year or two, the goyim will be ready to spend $60+ on ANOTHER game just to get back to balance, and than after we release it the same people will spend hundreds of dollars to unbalance it again, repeating the cycle? And there's no downside because our fans are so stupid and addicted to our sub-par product that they won't stop buying the game?

Someone needs to explain the Riot post and Irl one.

triangulated network data is and impossible to spoof and is accurate and reliable, as long as the phone is sending a unique signal it can be tracked, a tower can force a phone to send a signal. Whatever location data the manufacturer gets would be less accurate and can very easily be fake and gay. How is this difficult for you to understand?

Nah, top henchman/enforcer.

I think even Reddit has had enough. All this shit needs to do is enter the mainstream and the lack of sales will be noticeable at least. It may still sell millions, but maybe a million less.

Silence, fools! The whole point of this sikrit club is to pretend we're all lived oldfags with the finest taste. Not just some schoolmates.

Check them yourself:
There are links to the posts in the second column.

1st place: EA for the reasons described in this thread. 414K now.
2nd place: Some retard asking for downvotes. 24K, EA's record will be hard to break.
3rd place: League of Legends lead wishing a streamer dead, through company account.
4th: Jill Stein talking shit about Nuclear power.
5th: CEO of Reddit admitting editing people's comments. This one should be number 1.
6th: Mod saying he doesn't give a damn on the drama he created.
7th: Mod deleting the Bad Luck Brian AMA because not notable enough or something. Poor Brian.
8th: Atheist calling "fucking faggot" to a christian.
9th: Ellen Pao a little before getting fired.
10th: Writing "Cat." in a cat thread. People suddenly felt like downvoting.

Also
Apple devices are overpriced trash for people who want to rent their phones for 800+ dollarydoos until the next iteration comes out

Why was the source code so important to them??

gamedev.stackexchange.com/questions/73411/why-dont-game-developers-release-their-source-code/73412
Blizzard even made a costly trailer to promote the retextured version of the first Starcraft, almost 20 years after its initial release.

he's a pirate

It's a hit to EA's PR, that's all that's important.

You think that for all the years Reddit has existed, that only now someone would unleash a bot army and downvote a comment into the hundredthousands?

Are you blind? He's h'white.

You know it's gonna happen soon.

You think hundreds of thousands of normalfag drones are on plebbit donwboating this at such a ridiculous rate? This is one or more people using bots. Still hase the same effect though, so I'm not complaining.

Who the fuck keeps giving these people reddit gold?

Themselves to damage control, or good goyim.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

archive.fo/CU3X8
archive.fo/3A3ob

I knew how every facet of this story would turn out in advance, but it still made me mad

And thus, they manage to have an absolutely terrbile practice eaten up by the masses because "it wasn't as bad as before". When presented with radioactive shit on a plate, normalfag and redditors are content to eat regular shit on a plate and will even compliment the chef.

Let it speak for itself. What the fuck can honestly be done?

I have an idea! We could meme that its gambling and people who like it basically have a gambling addiction.

This is almost as retarded as people saying a game isn't bad as long as you "just, like, turn your brain off."

Because it's going to Hell.

Didn't Mirror's Edge: Catalyst have it's villain redesigned after he got hired because it looked similar to him?

How many games is it so far? LotR SoM, CoD, SW: BF2, it's not that many is it? Super Mario Odyssey doesn't have them.

It literally is, but an even worse deal for the gambler, since they are getting digital goods with no intrinsic value. It's system where the house wins every time.

Won't work. It's been tried before, and lootboxes are not legally recognized as gambling.

Let's hope their robotic honesty denies them the profit they so Jewishly grasp for.

Thing is they were lacklustre pieces of shit too, there was nothing to them just more of the same old modes you'd see in any multiplayer. As far as I can tell the whole series is a content free endless MP fest like TF2. I've been sick of that genre since Timesplitters.

How much would this person pay for me to not hit them with a hammer?

imgur.com/a/T8Q0m
whoa mama

I would give them it too if I didn't have to give plebbit money. Anyone who still even gives a shit about EA is too far gone. The industry needs to die already.

archive.is/p4hKv

Yes the people who pay are retarded and deserve little mercy but the company that fucks them is still fucking *all of us* with their bullshit. The more money EA derive from this the more of this shit there will be in the world, we don't need their kikery proliferating.

Lack of creative talent from hiring a slew of rainbowheads, street shitters and faggots, all they can make is concentrated cancer, much fire is required.

Gotta see the horror close up, otherwise how will they know pain in the future.

Tripsman, get your shit together. The correct term is self-entitled, and the way you're using entitled is a corruption of the word brought about by retarded SJW constantly flinging it at anyone they disagree with.

New thread

As long as the internet connection isn't tied to you via a credit card, you're behind an amount of proxies or you're not retarded enough to use a library PC with ID then I don't see how they could catch you.

Some of the drama that goes on in League is even more cancerous than the game itself. It's actually kind of amazing, in a way.

Why? This thread's only on Page 8.

Wew you're such a faggot

If you take pictures of a tramp's mouth you're gonna get horror, their smoking isn't to blame for rotting their teeth, their shitty dental hygiene is. The rest of the UK ones are comedy set-ups, grey child in bed/premature babies with cigs stuck in their breathing tubes etc.

They just think you're an asshat lad, they need to have a revelation about why they value themselves so lowly they blithely engage in (actually not very) slowly degrading themselves into the grave. Your petty noises at them as they do so mean nothing to them and may in fact just make them double down in the moment.

Really? Holy shit.

Quite aside from all the bullshit that follows the poll:

What the fuck? Just, what?

Did they mean the puppet, or the CGI version? Either way the shoehorned in anachronistic opinion on faggotry of a bit of tatty rubber or digital phantom is hardly grounds action.

motherfucker bothering me every time I steal a bag of flower to make bread.

There are 2 e's in the word 'breathe', you illiterate nigger.

Handsome Jack in the flesh

Were you selling your boy-ass for loose change?

The sad thing is that they've exploited people for years, and at worst they turn a poor profit (but still a profit) for maybe two years, people figure they've reformed and conveniently forget about it, only to give them more money.

hows your BO? get it cut off yet?

Hahaha, holy fuck yes I love it, more, more kikery let the Judaism flow through them.

Kill everything, salt the earth, defile their graves.

do they think theyre being funny? how do they come up with this shit

Because he's a newfag, probably from leddit.

Yes goy, let's blame all of the design decisions we don't like on the CEO instead of the cancerous developers that work in their studios and who I mentioned are the bad apples that ruin the batch. I'm not saying Yves doesn't have veto rights but - like I mentioned earlier - the fucker is innocent in all of this in the grand scheme of things. And I give more of a shit about how they treat their employees - given I worked for them and plan on doing so again relatively soon - rather than the fact some faggots online get mad over forced diversity when we both know neither the reddit normalfags nor the chans constitute the majority of Ubisoft sales in any significant margin. EA's Star Wars made its investment and then some out of pre-orders alone despite the 500k+ downvotes.
Vivendi is literally the worst shit to happen to this industry on a professional level. Not only do they destroy the firms they assimilate worse than EA they also fail to produce any kind of profit most of the time.
If we're going to throw around buzzwords then go back to halfchan mate.

Like I said, I adore Yves because working under him was the closest you will get to living the dream in this industry.

Stupid plebbitor would have deserved it too. If he had two brain cells to rub together, he'd quietly upload the source code while covering his tracks.

You best be jokin nigger.
nichegamer.com/2017/09/28/18k-gold-laden-assassins-creed-origins-headphones-cost-59000/

If you're going to buy the 800 dollar version that's on you fam, not them for scrounging up some extra cash from over-hyped retards. And when I mentioned that they aren't trying to outjew the jew I was referring to the whole fiasco with Vivendi. They could of done a lot of shit that would of fucked up both their consumer base and employees in order to better avoid a hostile takeover but they went with the route that benefits their employees the most so - again - speaking as someone who worked and plans to work for them, I love Ubisoft as a company.

Y'all gotta understand I'm talking from an employee point of view and not Holla Forums's regular point of view here.

So, literally a shill.
You can say the exact same thing of EA and their business practices they use in SWBF2. You're defending kikery.

Whatever helps ya' define shit mate. I personally don't give a fuck since I loathed AC from the start. Star Wars I was pissy about but QA has almost no input in this shit unfortunately so I've accepted not playing this shitfest at all.
From Ubisoft? Kinda, I don't give a shit. Scratch my back and I'll scratch yours, even if I'll never play the vast majority of games. For EA however, I could fill several books with their internal retardation.

So you're saying it's a good company for employees, but not a good company for consumers? I hate to break it to you, but that's not a good company. Nice employee benefits and work environments are not redeeming factors that outweigh both high tier jewery and tons of shit games.

When you're working under them and give zero shits about the games, it is. Doubly so if you're one of those fags that actually like the boring ass shit that is modern non-AA Ubisoft games since you get those for free. Say what you will about their games and you are completely in the right as far as I am concerned mate, but that won't change the fact that I love working for 'em nor that I don't give a shit about them getting literal retards hard earned cash over 8 different editions of the same game.

You love ubisoft as an employee, not as a company. As a company, they are shit.

Yes, and? Again, that won't change the fact I fully support Ubisoft and its current practices even if I don't currently work under them anymore. I want them to succeed and become even better because - at the end of the day - I feel they deserve it and it also improves my living standard / professional stance in the future.

This is well past parody and into genuinely offensive territory. Ass Creed should have died with Ezio, every iteration got worse from there.

You and those like you are literally the reason we can't have nice things.

I'm sure it's not the droves upon droves of literal retards that keep buying EA games and keeping them afloat, or crying en masse about the lack of loot boxes and a sense of "progression" for games. Believe it or not loot boxes and their ilk are popular as fuck because its gambling without any of the stigma and people fucking love them. They wouldn't be included in games for mere nickle-n'-diming, their included in games because the consumer base fucking demands it. On Star Wars alone lootboxes were responsible for almost a quarter of QA test cases and time consumption, that is not a cheap investment believe it or not.

So, in other news, EA is doing a Plebbit AMA this Wednesday. This will be a shitshow the likes of which we haven't seen since the last EA fallout.

Sauce?

Something something evil to succeed something good men do nothing.

I was about to ask when the next Golden Poo would be, but it appears it was discontinued in 2014.

So are your jackasses of a bunch of coworkers going to optimize Rainbow Six Siege any time soon?
I'm really fucking loving the reduced and more unstable FPS with every update you fucking put out.
Is dipping past 90FPS with a GTX 1070 on low in 1080p an acceptable performance for your sad pathetic excuse of a game developer?

I hope to god Vivendi does succeed in their hostile takeover so you fuckers will lose your jobs, then create an influx of game dev job searchers so it'll be harder for you to find a job and your wage rate will be pushed even lower.

I'll never forgive the Starcraft Source abortion

modern 8ch's Holla Forums is possible thanks to reddit. remember hotwheels?

Me too. Thought i slipped timelines again