MeinKraft in current year +2

Is it even worth playing the vanilla survival servers? I'm pirating right now and I'll uninstall if I hate it. Last thread 404'd….I don't even know. I wasn't there to see the thread die.

Not really. It's been shit since the Adventure Update. But play it and formulate your own opinion or some shit, whatever.

>>>/reddit/

Alright, Ollie, calm down, no need to get thrown down a well about it.

But yeah, I agree with the other anons, it's gone to shit since the adventure update. The only thing really worth playing is creative mode, in my opinion, and that's better without others.

WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK IS THIS SHIT?
Were the swedecucks fucking high or something?

WEW
E
W
This is what selling your game to kids gets you.

minetest is better

It's actually one of the best things they've ever put in an update, as it allows you to autocraft by shift-clicking. You can make a stack of pistons with a couple of clicks, instead of dragging shit into the crafting menu manually one space at a time.

As for the OP, it's really only fun if you play it with good friends that you trust, even vanilla.

Yogscast was a fucking mistake. If it weren't for that faggot, Minecraft wouldn't have gotten so popular and it wouldn't have been infested by children who's parents use computers as a babysitter replacement. If it weren't for that, Minecraft might not have been plagued with this shit.

No, it's not worth it.

what they really need to do is revolutionize MINETEST. also increase optimization and drastically improve the modding community.

may I also add that FOSS LINUX GAMING is the way to go.

we need a space engineers game too.

This is like saying that if you revolutionize a pile of garbage, it can be made into food. Minetest has never been, and will never be worth shit. It's not even useful as a modding platform because the base game is so functionally broken and buggy that you might as well make mods for minecraft.

more like NeinKraft amirite?

It's a waste of time. You play minecraft hoping to make some epic build or comfy town you're delusional. Comfy Serbs are only with people you like, so that rules out servers with nice people. Play on a image board server and it's probably got no antigrief and will be hacked and griefed within 2 days, and if it doesn't, the admins will get bored and start abusing their power

This is always the case

Hence you start a server with some friends. A basic one costs like $100 a year; you don't need to find an already-open server when you can do it yourself.

Nigger, hwhat? Do you think I live in money land?

Since you speak English, the chances are high that you do.

Are you a nigger? That's jack shit. That's fucking chump change.

Alright slut, name a version of minecraft that would be worth creating a mod for.

You know user, if you get a job, you could be making more than $100 in only a week. $100 a year for a server is roughly $8 a month. Pocket change.

Minecraft…? Probably before 1.8 as that's when the combat got updated, and that broke a lot of adventure mods. I don't really know, as I play vanilla with friends on rare occasions.

Wat? I work a shitty part-time job that's only minimum wage plus tips, and I make that in A DAY. Granted, a third goes to taxes and my expenses eat up most of what is left, but still.

Nah, you're retarded. minetest kicks ass.

Actually, you know what we really need? a better building/exploration/do what ever the fug you want game.

idea:
also I might add that games today have ZERO enjoyement factor.

I don't give a fuck about score
I don't give a fuck about what others think of me
I don't give a fuck about all the AAA mainstream bullshit

where are the FUN games? only reason I ever want to play a game is to have fun. if I'm not having fun, what's the point? self torture?

would be nice if they made a game like space engineers combined with the destruction physics engine of red faction: guerrilla, and gave you complete freedom to make crazy asymmetrical ship designs with no shits given to "will it fly or not" so that I could get creative, but still have physics and other effects (like destruction and crash landing) have an effect on my ship. would also be nice to have extremely in depth character customization too.

basically, like a build, be, do, destroy what you want simulator.

game shouldn't punish you for getting killed or losing your ship as you can just hit undo or respawn your saved design without any penalty or limitation.

no subscription fees, no drm, no forced online connection, but does include singleplayer sandbox and multiplayer sandbox modes for online and offline play. really excellent modding tools included, all dlc is free or just doesn't get made. updates must be free.

then we could just fuck around in a huge open world or space with our friends and pretend-starwars and crash land ships into the groud or sink submarines with escape pods and have sword fights.

Oh, and of course the multiple different giant zones where online multiplayer sandbox play occurs are all connected in a giant larger map that can be traveled across like in planetside2.

that would be so cool.

oh and it's FOSS LINUX

I saw this in another thread. It's pasta. Don't even bother to deny it.

I fucking posted it

ID: acdbcc
of course.

Also pirated like a week or two ago. Survival mode is shit and boring without mods but creative is still fun, it's one of the few games that lets me release my inner creative autism.

Just because it's your OWN pasta doesn't mean it's not pasta. This is a thread about Minecraft, not your silly fantasies about the ideal game for yourself that will never exist.

The original purpose of the game was building shit. As soon as combat became a thing, it began the slow, steady crawl away from that.

its concerning that the only buildy sandbox game that ever came out thats actually an improvement over minecraft in some ways is terraria which is about the same age. and the thing that came closest is starbound, of all things.
even lego tried, and dropped the ball.

1.7.3 or 1.2.5 because all my favorite mods are made for those versions. And there were a lot made.

Terraria is not remotely a sandbox. It's also not at all like Minecraft because pixels are not at all like voxels, besides being square. I suppose it has some in common with the mining aspect, but that's been a very marginal part of Minecraft for a long time, hilariously. Once you get to a certain point in Minecraft, you pretty much don't have to mine for resources anymore. You get iron golem farm for all your iron, witch farm for all your redstone, pigman farm for all your gold, you don't need coal because blaze rods are renewable with a blaze farm, and because of mending your diamond gear and tools never need replacing, so you don't need diamonds.

One of the biggest faults of Minecraft, as a game instead of digital Legos, is the complete lack of any sort of lengthy progression to the game beyond the first few hours.

Faggot.

Will NEVER make it. Will NEVER go anywhere. For all the shilling it gets here, nobody ever joined the server that was set up here. Just like nobody fucking joined the aids in spades server when it was on the 0.54 version that's supposedly "superior". Stop being retarded.

Not possible under the GPL any version.

its certainly a game that wanted in on the "minecraft craze" and did so splendidly.
minecraft and terraria is not a 1 to 1 comparison for sure, but it shares most of the elements i think are noteworthy about minecraft.
although that can be a funny way to look at things since ive seen terraria compared to zelda because you search for treasure and fight monsters.

if terraria is not a sandbox game then i must not know what the hell that means. i dont think having a progression really eliminates that. i would say sandbox with rpg elements.

Sandbox games are games entirely without set goals or any sort of overreaching plot, where you can't win or lose or even finish, at least on paper. In reality, while many games have "sandbox elements" there don't really exist any true ones.

Although, I think most people (even the so-called experts) conflate "sandbox" with "open-world" way too often. Just because a game allows you to freely explore a large area and attack problems however you want to, doesn't mean it's a sandbox game. Skyrim and the GTA series are open-world, but are not really sandbox because there's a definite plot going on and you can screw it up and not be able to progress. Terraria allows you to just fuck around, sure, but there is a progression of things, bosses to fight, and stuff you're supposed to do to continue to get access to more stuff. Minecraft was a sandbox game that some progression and a couple of bosses were haphazardly crammed into, but you don't actually need to beat them to do much of anything. You can ignore the Ender Dragon and just build a dirt bridge to the End Islands, if you want to take the time.

FUCK NO

Tekkit Classic is objectively the best version of minecraft to exist. Other modpacks are also OK, but tekkit is the best for building and having an actual gameplay loop and tech tree

Personally I've been using 1.7.10 for godknows how long… maybe 3 years by this point? Purely because of modders righting the lazy developer's wrongs, including retrofitting stuff like the entire Adventure Update so it's not like I'm missing out on much.
I still don't understand to this day why they can't make mods backwards compatible unless they rewrite the whole fucking game each update.

Minecraft was so poorly coded that they actually have to rewrite huge parts of code with each update.

we had a pretty good comfy server going 2 moths ago but some r9k faggots ruined it
server still up tbh dunno if someone play on it tho
im up for some play if we get some people on it

Alright bitchtits, now I have figure out how to set up an environment for 1.2.5 modding

It's always been the case that mods have to be rewritten every update, because:
Forge softens the impact between updating mods to new versions, before 1.5 I think modders were completely rewriting their mods because of how radically base code changed.

Fucking kill yourself. The server admin fucking off and Holla Forumstards coming in to ebinly troll the server because whitelisting was too hard is what killed any interest in playing. Factions was the only good thing implimented.

Roseann?

I play in a italian Towny server with a forum where we roleplay, mostly political roleplay. But it's starting to become very hard to find users, years ago we had something like a thousand citizen in various cities, now a hundred

I really want to play on a pirated modded server with Holla Forums. It's better than Minetest after all.

Anyone has a link to a version of MultiMC without the verification that isnt riddled with viruses so I can make myself nice modpacks without giving the Mojang jew more money?

Are humans the only animals that need to wipe their ass?

no

Humans are the only animals that choose to wipe their ass. However, all quadruped animals can lick their ass to clean it, because their spine only bends in one direction. Humans can bend their spine in both directions to allow being bipedal, with the sacrifice that it impedes total flexibility.

The More You Know ~*

I didn't even know that it was a new crafting mechanic because it was so fucking confusing. Also, using the sheer power of autism to remember stuff or opening the wiki as part of the original fun of Minecraft you dope.