Holla Forums makes a RPG maker game together

I came up with an idea Holla Forums, how about we try to make a RPG game together? RPG maker is easy to pirate and easy enough to use for us all to be able to do stuff in it. Let's pick one of several versions of RPG maker and start making a game.

>The only rule is that you cannot tamper with the location of the previous user in any way unless doing otherwise would stop the player from completing the game

Here is a Straw Poll for the version we will be using Theoretically the newer versions are often better than the previous ones but sometimes people prefer using the older ones so let's see what you guys think: strawpoll.me/14386175

Other urls found in this thread:

virginquest.blogspot.co.uk/?zx=1216108af8747be2
opengameart.org/
mega.nz/#!Ab4XEYab!mANq5UuSAVK-8Q-jHW-I5YjyYyfUguY8S207zxc3Z9M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nigger don't tell me that making a video game together with other anons, working on different locations until it becomes an incoherent mess of memes, quests, shitposting, story content and other stuff wouldn't be fun. It's like collaborative writing but with video games.

Fun? There's no fun to be had in throwing increasingly dumb ideas or the inevitable leaderfaggotry. Also good luck trying to run a Holla Forums project without the kike latching on with those grubby, cake crusted, sweaty mitts.

Don't confuse this with a serious project. The whole point is that everyone can at any point of time download the files adding whatever they fuck they want as long as they do it in a separate location from what was already in the game. Think of this as those threads with adding things to a picture to create a HUD but in vidya form. With attitude like that there is no point in trying anything aside from our traditional threads which is fine but it leads to the board being stagnant because they will fail after some time.

At least use Game Maker you degenerate.

You're not part of the project anymore

The point is that it should be a program easy to pirate and easy enough to use for any user to pick up it without any problems while still allowing for creative input. Game Maker although isn't terribly complicated requires a bit more learning.

RPG maker is easy to use and still allows for us to create something that we can enjoy or at least have fun with. Learning Game Maker would take a bit too much time for someone who doesn't know how to use it to join on something like this while RPG maker is so fucking simple **and many anons have already used it in the past*I* that basically anyone at Holla Forums can join.

It literally has drag and drop code for basic games now though.
Virtually anything people here to do competently can be done with prefab tools in Gamemaker.
You'd have to be Game Journalist retarded to not be able to use the basic shit in game maker.

oy vey

Why am I a dick ?

Whatever happened to that 7th Stand User sequel that some anons were working on?

I don't know user, why are you a dick? I mean I'm not your psychiatrist or anything.

Why do you humiliate me like that ?

Still even then, wouldn't it be a little bit better for the program to use to be a little bit more restrictive for something like this? Although it is fine if the game is a bit chaotic, Game Maker has far more options than RPG Maker and because of that it can lead to a completely incomprehensible mess. No matter what user does in his new location if we do it with RPG maker, the game won't be completely broken, doing something like that in Game Maker might just lead to something so inherently broken that it becomes unplayable, and that's not the point.

Apparently it's still going on, but it looks like the devs have cut all contact with 8ch.

STOP

I'm interested, though I have to wonder, how are we going to combine all of out work together?

I drew a boy

Unless you can use it to make a proper rogue i can tell you right now that your gay little project is doomed to fail

We can use game maker instead

Because I love you.

It's not like we enjoyed RPG maker games in the past ironically or unironically like with Uncommon Time and Off respectively or used RPG maker games in the past.

You're supposed to upload what you made here after you are finished with it so the next user can pick it up.

will it be virign quest 2.0?

virginquest.blogspot.co.uk/?zx=1216108af8747be2

You don't even have to draw anything fam.
opengameart.org/

Love you too, so please help us for the game

>inb4 they turn up on some reddit proclaiming this place was 2toxic5them

How about making a sprite of an user for the main character? That shouldn't be too hard to make, we just need to agree on the version of the program Vx Ace seems to be winning right now.

XP was the last good version. VX and VX Ace are absolutely fucking garbage. MV is also a joke.

How about something that isn't gay? Like making a doom map-pack?

Didn't we already do that a few times already?

Nope, that would have been /vr/ on cuckchan.

Didn't we already try this before?

Yeah, I think we were only allowed 24 hours to do it or something. I made a little bit of MSPaint art for it. It didn't really go anywhere.

How about Holla Forums (the main protagonist) walking through different cities (embodiment of boards, Holla Forums, /a/…) on the holy land of Holla Forums. The main protagonist has to deliver cities of evils redit refugees. We are send by the Emperor of the holy land (Emperor Hotwheels the first).
What do you think of the plot ?

The plot will probably arise naturally from different locations that anons create, but starting as user or Holla Forums is a good starting point.

What version of RPG Maker would we use? MV Ace?

Vote in the strawpoll for the version you want user.

Should it really be a vote?
I mean it's not like we'll buy it, so using the one with the most features/the latest should be a given, no?

What a shit thread.

Why are you pessimistic?

Why do you want to use RPG maker? Why not something like Godot with Tiled?

Yeah but some people prefer the older versions for different reasons.

Doesn't using Godot take actual skill and did they implement C# compatibility yet?

I'm just being honest, faggot.

Develop, please

cast:
Nero
Igor
Gerald
Gorge
Emili
Ray

Shit OP. Shit anything. Shit setup. Etc.

Well before you leave the thread, can you drop an idea (something) for the project, even if you don't want to participate ?

id steal heavily from Violated Heroine if you want to keep an audience interested and for it to last
everyone likes that engine too

also, they are all friends and have a secret club, something like the TKKG where they take the first latter of their names for the name of their secret club.

and they need someone they worship, a god or something greater. His name should be reltih, sounds mystic, almost ancient eqiptians.

cheeky nigger you

/tg/-user here, I've been the head of a number of collaborative development projects on my board, and the most important thing before anything else is having a coherent setting, which i feel you're disregarding here.
Usually, it's best to set up the world using the five-faction method, by having anons each post a single idea representing a group that is in conflict with the other five. This sets up a nice level of diversity, and deciding the reason for conflict also helps the world development arise naturally.

and than there is that villan, an old as fuck dude who eats babys. His name is Rosor, he has six hearts and owns all the money on the planet. His evil army of angry dew's attack every city with propaganda and let other fight for them. This brings up all the monster on the planet.

Yeah. Don't make it shit.

Well, participate

How about a fire emblem ROM hack? A couple easy as fuck tools have popped up in recent years, and anons who aren't in the mood to put up with it can splice/make some portraits.

This too. We should set up some setting before we start anything. How about something based
off of Holla Forums? Because being creative is really fucking hard.

Play Marathon Trilogy and The Ur-Quan Masters and complete them all then respond back to me.

Okay, seeing that RPG maker VX Ace seems to be consistently winning as for now, let's go with this one.

Any of you know a good service where to upload files? I made a starting location this just being an user's room, I didn't change anything else so main character's name, sprite and everything else is something that can be freely changed.>>13783039

mega or if it's not too big the Holla Forums vola

Depressing

I'm proposing pic related to be the protagonist

His story can be about him going around doing nothing wrong.

mega.nz/#!Ab4XEYab!mANq5UuSAVK-8Q-jHW-I5YjyYyfUguY8S207zxc3Z9M

Here, I made a quick account to upload the game with the first location.

Also

Any dumbshit who knows how to use RPGMaker isn't going to want to have to be dependent on 30 other retards stepping on each others' toes while trying to force their shitty, tired memes into it. And each thread will devolve into five faggots each trying to be the curator of the whole thing.

Now anyone who wishes to do so can pick up the game, open it in RPG maker and add another location.
Maybe a good idea would be for anons to say that they are going to do the next area before actually sending it? That way we would avoid confusion and situations in which two anons send their games in the same time.

If the love insterest isn't a trap or a harem of traps then you aren't making a true Holla Forums game.

You are free to add them if you want user.

Here's a logo so you can actually get started working on the game

I already posted a link to the first location in this post now someone just has to pick it up and make another one. We could add your logo as a title screen seeing that we have nothing better

Stop promoting rubbish engines.

We are pirating them anyways so what's the fucking problem?

What about this plot: (10000% Holla Forums related)
(Japanese style or it's not a true game*)

dropped

Found your issue

They're shit-tier engines that completely shit themselves when you try doing anything outside the standard RPG Maker formula or fuck around with the battle system much. The idea behind it and other shit-tier engines is to make something vaguely newfag-friendly but include a bunch of bullshit design choices that lock newfags into the engine and make them scared of trying anything else.
Fucking Game Maker is a better engine in many ways and that engine is hot rubbish.

Why not make a Chris-Chan RPG about his love quest. Retard

Yeah, altering the damage calculation of magic so that I can focus on variety of function rather than just have successively more powerful tiers of the same spell is great, but it doesn't matter much when that's about the only thing I can do without learning a programming language. Modern RPG Makers have completely lost sight of their original purpose.

It is easier to make it in Gamemaker?

Gamemaker takes a little more to get used to but it will introduce you to actual game development.

I'm thinking about making a JRPG in Gamemaker. I just want a lateral system, over 100 characters to choose and not too hard way to navigate in a semi openworld 2d series of maps.

Who told you my secret ?

Also, we're still stick on "RPGmaker or Game maker?"

Truly the best

How about some simple plot to get started.
Now let's fill in the blanks. Let's say the setting is just atechan for the time being, that alone could give us some nice variety for characters. The issue I see here is that we could become overly reliant on pre-existant memes and shit.

You know the link to the game is still here in the thread, you can just download it and add to it.

I literally fucking did that.

OP, judging by this one thread, your project is already dead because of no organization and giving everyone too much of a say on every issue. The best thing to do now would be to pick the engine that has the best ratio of ease-of-use and piracy, then set up bare minimum groundwork. Write out and build a beginning, hub area, and end that are set in stone so everyone has a starting point to build upon. Have links to people joining to grab the tools, how to use them, and the base areas they're working off to reduce confusion about what everyone is doing. A little bit of structure and rules goes a long way.

You are actually right. Maybe the best way to do this would be to fuck the idea of a vote and presenting the concept and instead just make the base groundwork with the first location already being present and then throw it out alongside with a link to RPG maker basically telling anons to build off that. I will probably try to wait for this thread to die and then create a more cohesive one.

We can make out a story now while this thread is still there.
Maybe ask a vol to just bumplock it rather than delete it or wait for it to die.

The "user wakes up and has to find his vidya" seems like a decent start.

The point was that the story was supposed to be arising naturally from the people adding new locations in. But that's a very good start. We would still need a sprite for the main character. Seeing as we will be doing this on VX it would have to look something like pic related.

*VX ace

Just keep in mind I'm not telling you that this is shit and will go nowhere. Unlike Anton and Coolpecker, something can potentially come out of this. Maybe you could find a way to channel the autism of everyone lamenting how bad Uncommon Time was and if anons could do better.

I'm well aware of that, I realized that this was a bit badly organized and I hope to remake this thread with some better organization.

What's the dimensions of one sprite?
16x16?

come up with a decent plan, delete this thread, and remake with clear, concise instructions
i find threads where OP has things organized and is simply filling predetermined roles as opposed to ones where they're asking "what should we do, how should we do it" always go further. act like a leader and people will follow

Also, seeing that we have a better thought out start than before I will also make a better intro for the game than the location I initially created.

Checking in Paint it was 27x32

I'm only keeping this thread still alive to organize stuff a little better and find a potential sprite for the main character.

Ok, here's an idea: Magic doesn't exist in this world, but people can train themselves up (or be born if they're lucky) with some fucking overpowered powers and abilities without much logic or reason, so if someone trained hard enough they could combust into fire at will, and if they aren't retarded, build up a resistance to fire.

Minimal plot. Too many writers creates torn paper, not a novel.