Cut contents inside a released games

How does that happen? I mean, is there any reason beside deadlines? Is it so hard to clean source files?

Other urls found in this thread:

tcrf.net/Splatterhouse_(2010)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You don't understand user, if they keep contents inside the game it means they might be able to release in future as (((DLC)))

Yes. Removing stuff can and mostly will break other stuff.

Explain Pic

And OP proves again he doesn’t understand how it works.

This
Even if the game is competently made which is rare removing stuff like that is difficult and overall not worth it.

It's the inaccessible level behind the broken archstone in Demon's Souls. Still on the disk and you can load it, contains some weird shit but it's generally just a bland huge frozen wasteland.

It's the 6th archstone that was cut from Demon's Souls. It also had quite a lot of enemies and NPCs cut from it (some of which show up in Dark Souls, like the snake men). Embed related.

Why do so? If the amount of it still left doesn't significantly impact the game's file size, there's no point in putting in the time and effort to remove it. This applies even more so to retail games primarily stored on disks or cartridges, as wasted space on those doesn't really affect the end user.

I still want to play the sixth archstone, fuck!

Deepest lore.

remake when

But user, DS3 practically was the remake, didn't you get everything you wanted?

I'm certain that 90% of the DEEPEST LORE in the Souls games is just the devs snickering and going "let's reuse assets and make little throwbacks". Autists have truly sperged out on Souls games and they're moving onto MonHun, so that will make me really happy.

i sure did

Alright that was actually a little creepy. Hope she would have been a unique enemy as opposed to a mob. Most of those are really good actually. Foppish owl mage was also a pretty good one. Shame every SOUS game is rushed out the door and can't finish a the stuff they wanted to.

Weirdest thing in the concept art is Dragon God's cliffside, those crucifixes.

I want original to run on my i5.

I miss ttyd. I should have never sold it.

This fat fuck piece of shit.

it's called being "dummied out". sometimes its stuff like half finished areas or dev-test rooms that are easier to just make inaccessible than remove completely for whatever reason or to fuck with people who noclip into em

Which one do you have? I overclocked my 2500K to 4.4Ghz and it runs somewhat okay now

I don't make video games but I do work with software development a lot.
The reason features get cut varies wildly. The main ones I've seen are as follows.
From this I can assume the reason levels and weapons are cut are similar.

Think they'll finish it up for the remake?

Well user, is there any reason to completely delete a weapon from one of the versions of the game?

The others I understand, but can you give an example of this one would play out?

Sony are a bunch of faggots so just want to re-release the game with improved visuals, not implement any of the cut content or expand/improve the game. They know what with the game's reputation they can make a buck just making the game sparkly and available for normalfags.

Yeah, I can see devs doing that. Just thought it was ironic how the long lost archstone area turns out to be something we essentially got anyways. Especially since it was going to be a world filled with giants and the sequels are filled to the brim with giants.

I wish, but 99% sure it's just another cash grab like most ports nowadays. It would be nice to see these devs that mostly port games take those assets and try to make actual new content with them, like a Majora's Mask or some kind of optional expansion.

Nope, there was even some kind of interview where they said they were THINKING about adding cut content but would save that for the THIRD iteration of the game, if that ever comes about.

I just wait until they made physics work without any fuckery. And I have nioh already. It works already somewhat normal, but fuck that, I doubt without any real improvements I will be able to have steady 30 fps out of this.

Unfortunately I'm going to have to be extremely vague, but I'll give an example.
We were writing a coding editor meant for kids in school and beginners, we had an idea to include something that would allow you to change a certain aspect of a several lines of code at once. Let's say you wanted to change every instance of "xy xy xy" to "xx xy xy", this would do that automatically.
We ran into many, many problems. It would change comments, or it would change instances you didn't intend. We could make it work in a limited way but it wasn't all that useful, we included parameter settings the user could change but the amount of parameters you had to add to it made the effort greater than using ctrl+F and manually altering what you wanted instead.

Life is suffering.

24 fps when nothing happen drops to 0 fps if you break something and generally its 15 fps in most cases. You can argue that 8 fps is worse than 15, but not by a lot.

What specs does one need to run DeS at a stable 30FPS minimum?

Need to wait for someone to write a TAS to complete the game once. Otherwise need to wait for RSPC3 to add some "pre-compile game shit" function.

I've got an i5-6600K @ 4.5Ghz with a 1060 and it runs at 60+ fps after you run around the entire area. Otherwise the shit stutters every time it "compiles" some new thing encountered.

What the fuck kind of gamer are you.

sounds like unplayable shit. Just play it on PS3 instead.

With optimization mods I can get it to 30FPS in most of the areas. The game is unplayable in certain areas though like blight town. If they just optimized the fucking particle effects you could probably get the game up to 45 FPS. Fuck terrible ports.

RSPC3 has to compile whatever new features are required for some area, shader and so on, and it happens a lot leading to a ton of stutters when you step outside, see some enemy for the first time etc. I don't know what exactly happpens software wise, if it's new CPU instructions or just shaders and logic but its annoying as fuck

The whole game ran perfectly on Dolphin for me user, so unless you really want to play it on original hardware it's easy to download.

Why wouldn't it? Cut content staying in games is how you find out the game was supposed to be far better than it ended up being, from the actual intended storyline and feature set of stalker to call of duty 4 originally being deeper and having more shit to do than shoot hitscan weapons and for one single sequence have to suddenly learn how to snipe like a professional. Also
OR

Fucking lol.

Have we returned to 2001?

it's an unfinished simplified geometry asset from a ps2 game you idiot

I would legit pay for a Demons Souls / Dark Souls 1 combo pack that has a decent framerate for both games and takes out the stupid soul and world tendency bullshit in Demons Souls

I disagree, it was a little janky but with better in-game explanation of how it works it woulda been more interesting and lead to more playthrough options

Why do you three have to be so negative all the time

It's not so bad when the game is active but when nobody plays the game anymore it becomes a pain in the ass to get certain items and complete side quests.

I know what ya mean. I went back to replay it for the platinum a few years back and i had to use some guide to get the tendencies just right. The system was flawed but I don't -hate- it, I would have just liked it to work better

Legitimately thought about buying the 8700K, then realized that i would have to pay about $800+ as long as i get a good mainboard and proper ram, then realized that the performance increase is just about 10 to 15% in games, and since i use a 1070 on a 1440p screen, most of them are GPU-limited anyway. I'll wait for 10nm.

Yeah but if we do get a "remake," I doubt they'll put in any more effort other than updating the visuals and maybe getting the game to run 60 fps

If you have a job that shouldn't be a problem.

I was this close to buying a new CPU when i was still developing my game user, i know you're just shitposting but i really did almost pull the trigger while waiting for C++ compiles and git commits, and then i stopped developing 2 months ago, at the moment there's nothing my PC is used for that my phone can't compute

Are you dealing with some sort of depression? What made you lose your drive?

Dead Space and Dead Space 2 had some pretty interesting monsters cut. A thing that dangled off the ceiling and took your head off if you ran under it, a flytrap thing that worked like a turret, a three headed undead bear, something called "The Bully", and some spitting wall climbing monkey thing called "The Swinger".

No, it's nothing bad, university just takes up more time and i've upped my workouts from 3 to 5 times a week. I stopped developing that specific game because i was stuck at animations, i suck at animating and don't have the plan or motivation to get good at them. Also my concept really wasn't original at all and in general it didn't match up well with what im good at or want to become good at. Eventually i will start a different project.

< Bloodborne > DkS > DeS > DkS3 > DkS2 >
Seriously when is this "Dark Souls 3 isn't great" meme going to die? It was a 10/10 game. Even the worst game is pretty good.

Add dlc to list. DS2 dlc were great even if somewhat unfinished

this is objectively wrong. There is literally only four good bosses and the level design is even more garbage the the core game. Sure Painted World of Ariandel was very short for its price point but the quality of that content was way better then all of Lost Crowns. Sister Friede is quite possibly the best boss in all three games, and that is even compared to the runners up Slave Knight Gael, Artorias, Kalameet & Manus. The only Bosses that beat Friede are Ludwig is Orphan of Kos & Lady Maria. Dark Souls 2 is a fun game but its mediocre at best compared to the other games.

Holy shit you are a fucking retard. Painted world of Ariandel has NO reason not to just kill the first wolf then high-tail it to Freide. In Broom Tower of Dark Souls II Iron king DLC, you have to spend many hours working your way lower and lower. There are great, difficult bosses like blue smelter, alonne, fume.

All 3 of the DLC's in dark souls II were masterpieces. They felt like an entirely new game in terms of content. They added useful weapons.

In dark souls 3, the DLC's are shit and the only new weapons are for dex faggots. The bosses are boring and lack and backstory. They totally gave up on the lore in favor of pumping out a game for the casual crowd. The game was too timid to go into uncharted territory like dark souls II.

In dark souls 3, maps are linear and horizontal. in dark souls II, the maps are large in all directions. You start in Shulva and work a miles-long corkscrew down to the Elana, and later Sinh. Both great bosses.

Dark souls 3 is shit, so are you, kill your self.

Also the fact that you think artorias, kalameet, and manus were good bosses just shows how much of a shitter you are, I would place a decent bet that you didn't even play dark souls I whatsoever. Artorias was nothing more than an Ornstein clone. Kalameet was boring, just roll spam. Manus was garbage as well since the whole gimmick of that fight was the new system of boss attack tracking which only took everyone like 5 minutes to figure out you just needed to dodge a little later into the attack.

Everyone knows the best bosses in dark souls 1 were Capra demon, demon firesage, and priscilla.

Imagine if the mountain of cut content in Diablo 1 or 2 got implemented in a future patch.

Hehe sorry I only play dark souls for UNFUN bosses like kalameet and manus hehe praise dexterity! Hey Reddit how does my meta build look?

I've never even played past Dork Souls before the DLC came out, you just have shit taste in bosses. Priscilla? Really, nigger?

You blind nigger.

I am still using an i5 2500k and I have zero problems running games that aren't shitty ports. The bottleneck should normally be the GPU.

(you)

I wish Demon's Souls had DLC, I want muh 6th archstone.

Also this. It would be easy enough to remove models and textures but there's always the chance that you accidentally remove something that you forgot was actually used somewhere and then you have issues. If you have room on the disk you can afford to just leave it all there.

Dark Souls 3 needed poise, and level design that gives lots of freedom like DaS1 (and some of their bonfire placement is retarded). Still better than 2 though. Also I wish their human sacrifice mechanic hadn't been cut and the puss monster things actually still had a purpose for the plot instead of just being a couple random enemies.

So the most linear, unbalanced and broken of all the games gets a pass but das2 doesn't. Where did team B touch you?

Pick one. The only reason they're remotely popular instead of forgettable generic shovelware with weebshit goofiness like gigantic weapons and retarded animations is because they're "hard" in the current year when the meme is that everything else is "easy" according to people that don't play other games on hard.

Nah. Yuge improvement in performance when I upgraded from an i5 3570k with a 1GHz total overclock from base to an i7 6700k sitting at its base clock 400MHz lower than the old CPU's OC, before installing a stronger GPU.

Does nobody on Holla Forums know how to edit a video? > take absolute ages doing something boring and useless
And if it's not that, it's 30 seconds-5 minutes of some random, completely uninteresting portion of some gameplay not worth watching. Worse yet, video makers like you shit on youtube videomakers for not getting right to the point immediately or using their voice at all even if they aren't obnoxious niggers about it.

Maybe the content was deemed to be unpolished dogshit and not worthy of inclusion in the final release. Ever think of that?

Basically, it's that many times, the cut content IS part of the main framework and removing it (not just disabling it) will result in the main game falling to pieces. Webm related is a fun game, albeit glitchy, but is basically the poster child of cut content due to the game being something like 50% done before the company switched it to an in-house production.

tcrf.net/Splatterhouse_(2010)

But most times it's due to the severe time required to remove the content without it breaking the main game.

Runs perfect on Dolphin, playing it for the first time now actually. I got to the train mystery and it became too repetitive.