Monster Hunter Thread /mhg/

==Monster Hunter World Open beta on Dec. 9th-12th== for PS4 only

If you scan the last pic with a home-brewed 3ds with the earlier versions of FBI, you can download and install XX directly from Nintendo's eShop servers. The game is also available on FreeShop.
Englishanese Translation: gbatemp.net/threads/release-monster-hunter-double-cross-english-ui-patch.465296/
3dsiso.com/showthread.php?264641-30-1-2015-CIA-Format-DLC-s-Themes-amp-Updates-Section-Posting-Guidelines-PLEASE-READ
Resources:
>Ping's MHXX Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmhxxdex/
>Athena's ASS for XX 0.21b: mediafire.com/file/aciahjorffckfwo/Athena's Armor Set Search for MHXX v0.21b.zip
>Athena's ASS list for all MH games: mediafire.com/folder/4o1idj7mmtn85/Monster_Hunter
>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u
>MH4U Relic Chart Stats and Images: imgur.com/a/b3xwy
>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799
>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/
>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png
>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png
>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png
>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

Other urls found in this thread:

dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/538/1538583/
youtu.be/2iifmbxholA?t=28m3s
monsterhunterworld.wiki.fextralife.com/Palicoes
strawpoll.me/14417687
youtube.com/watch?v=g3Alvh9yUuM&feature=youtu.be&t=23s
capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/world/topics/zukan/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I somehow recognize that font style, I bet its from polygon or kotaku

And to think that it was the only game that got my attention in the E3. Only to end up into even more wasted potential because the game Jew wants money and doesn't care about fun video games anymore.

Should've just waited until then to make a new thread.

I'm waiting for that one guy to show up

Hello Holla Forums

You mean that nip user? The guy people says who pretends to be japanese?

Other than that /mhg/ might as well be the deignated dubs thread, there is almost nothing but screaming about how shit the games have gotten now, its heartbreaking.

Yep, its fun watching his endless rant, especially when someone else make the OP. His autistic rage fills me with joy. I'm sure hes gonna make his own thread because theres MHW in the OP

Prepare yourself for 40 posts of REEEEEEEEEEEEE OP MENTIONED WORLD ONLY SHILLS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IT EXISTS and then the thread dies with less than 100 replies

Shill-free zone:

My gut say that is nip user thread

beeg damage

ngl, world looks more fun the more I see previews of it.

the verge, funny enough, the guy that made this is a huge monster hunter fan, lives in japan and use to play the psp one's in train stations and what not. This quote was his way of telling it to the masses that capcom wants to sell to in one seance

The handler being a tranny is the biggest warning flag.

tranny handler? wot

She looks more like an autistic chick who's really good at fixing and making shit and doesn't know how to associate with people. Probably has the job because she wasn't allowed to be neet anymore.

I wonder wich buzzword is going to replace "tranny" soon

trap. They've already started associating traps with trannys and saying they always were trannys.

Damn, got sniped again. Ah well.

You make it sound like there's only one Japanese user.

Yes, there's only one guy in this entire site that scream in rage for 40+ posts just because theres MHW in the OP.

Apparently, you are the nip user. Funny how someone behavior reveal their identity despite being in an anonymous imageboard.

So not only is there only one user who hates World, but he's also the one and only one who's not a Westerner? That's a pretty ambitious boogeyman to make.

If the so-called "nip user" is also the normal OP for these threads, then yes? Be awfully convenient if the big bad anti-World monster is also the one who was the OP I suppose though.

Anyhow, to include the World relevant bit this thread's OP forgot:

dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/538/1538583/

Highlights:

Some key quotes:
Tsujimoto: "'Monster Hunter' itself has continued for a long time, and so we thought somewhere along the line there was a need to take a fresh look at it, and choose this timing to produce it."

Tsujimoto: "Up until now we've done numbering, as this is a timing to take a fresh look at 'Monster Hunter', we brought that concept into the title."
Fujioka: "It feels like numbering, but World is just a subtitle."

Fujioka: "There was this global wall we were never able to surpass. So we wanted to think about that and include that here."
Tsujimoto: "When we say that, it might make you think we're ONLY thinking about global with this work, that's not the case at all; we think this concept will absolutely satisfy the people who've played the series up until now domestically, and on top of that will be global and expand more and more. It's a global that includes Japan."
Fujioka: "Since the foreign fans have increased, we'd like to more straightforwardly have them playing. To go even further, we'd like them to interact more with Japanese users. Just, we want to make it while properly facing up to the elements that prevent it from expanding."

Question: "Where did you feel this global wall?"
Fujioka: "Even though there are facets that are great as Monster Hunter's unique traits, it was frustrating that they didn't seem to transfer well.
If there's a stopping point when you take an action, we include that as part of the strategy, but there are people who don't play simply because of that."

(regarding the damage value displays)
Fujioka: "We, who are developing the games, accepted them without any sense of disconnect or discomfort, so we think it'll work out alright."

Monster Hunter World's release has been confirmed for 18/1/26.

don't forget this

No, theres plenty, but only one is autistic. I'm waiting for your 40+ rant about world and a dupliticate thread because you can't handle an OP with World in it

I should really just start including those in the OP as a whole from now on.

Then you're conflating me with someone else, I've long since resigned myself to the series being killed off completely by World.

And yet here you are

Still butthurt about it :^)

I can still enjoy the good games from a dead series.

Just keeping the facts alive.

Then I'm not "conflating" you with someone else, when peoples say nip user, they are talking about you.

If that's what you want to go with, go ahead. I do hope then you'll actually heed what everyone else who finds World disagreeable has to say then. After all, if I'm the one and only boogeyman user who it's OK to ignore, surely that means everyone else who has less than positive things to say about your product is worth hearing out.

I'm not sure if you have any self-awareness or not but let me spell it out for you. It's not about hating World, its about your autistic hate boner for it.
If you read the thread, peoples simply said "that guy" and everybody know its you.

hi reddit

I mean having a hate boner for it is normal but I'm pretty sure he's the same guy who pretended not to know what steam was so I'm in two minds here

Why yes, I am fully aware that you want to make it so that all the wrongthink is filled in one handy strawman to beat on that can then be used to dismiss anything that counters your narrative. Go ahead and keep pushing it if you want, it'll be gone soon enough once World comes out and they move on to selling the next big thing.

This is definitely another guy then - I don't use Steam, but I'm certainly aware it exists.

youtu.be/2iifmbxholA?t=28m3s embedding doesn't seem to work with timestamps
The new map looks interesting. It reminds me of Nakarkos's den, and of those horrible Flood levels in Halo 3. These new monsters look terrible though, like shit out of a low effort creepypasta.

Odogaron is just a big angry dog and Radobaan is an offence-based Uragaan.

I don't think you know what strawman is since you already admit you are the person that peoples talked about. You seem to misunderstood that all peoples that hate World = nip user which is not the case. What peoples are saying is that this one autistic guy that keep ranting about World for 40 posts and also the OP of /mhg/ = nip user, which is you.

I did no such thing. Point in fact, I think there is no single such person, and that it is an amalgamation of multiple Anons that (((they))) want to be dismissed by other Anons.

You do realize we have IDs here right? While many peoples hated World, one stood out the most and its you.

IDs are only consistent within a singular thread. Even in the infinitely unlikely chance that this ID is the same as the user you claim from one other thread, that doesn't mean we're the same person.

I wish people could actually have constructive arguments on why MHW is shit instead of just saying it's for casuals because it's dumbed down or streamlined without actually explaining why it's either because if you try to get that out of people they'll just call you a shill because it's easier to do that than to be open to discussion on a board for discussing video games which has now devolved into people who don't like something at first glance will find every single reason to defend their views even if they have to look like a hypocrite and denying absolutely anything that goes against their views, instead of simply being constructive and helping people to understand their viewpoint better but that's not necessary because people who don't know any better will sooner believe something is shit than actually do any research and come to their own conclusions based on actual evidence that we've been given mountains of in the last week thanks to a press event that was actually based on how the full release build of the game will play.

And the people who criticise the game endlessly and has completely shit up MH on Holla Forums will never look at any of that evidence because even with 12 hours of the day for them, they have no time to watch videos that exist to actually tell them more about the game so they can make more educated judgements of the quality of the game.

Yes, you are only popular in this thread

Peoples can tell because your behavior are very consistent. Only one person have this in a pastebin and only one person complaint when the general wasn't made by him. I never seen any general where peoples throwing a fit because he is not the OP

I think the problem is less that it's difficult and more that it's pretty much all been said before, and a lot of the most articulate expressions of it have been screencapped and reposted multiple times. As for newer footage, I doubt I've seen everything it has to offer, so if you have something in particular you're thinking of, by all means point it out, but I've yet to see anything recently that allays my fears regarding World.

So, am I the mysterious boogeyman user who plagues every Monster Hunter thread from his sinister Japanese headquarters, or just in this one? I'm getting mixed messages here.

The complaint isn't about not being the OP, but by the motivation which produces threads that go out of their way to start shitstorms rather than just be about Monster Hunter.

For starters, this covers a bunch of questions asked to developers and talks about the new atmosphere they want They don't want to rehash environments because they didn't personally find it fun

Two people who played the release-based version at Capcom's HQ for two days talk about the game.
Of course I can imagine most people not watching these because of youtube. Install an adblocker already you fucking retards.

The first one look useful for seeing gameplay, but is there anywhere where we can actually hear what the developers said rather than what some random ecelebs claim they said?

Firstly, they're journalists. Secondly, it's their job to cover things accurately.
Here is video proof that the developers were spoken to by the people who came over but it doesn't have the answers you're looking for. This is by an actual e-celeb too.

From the journalists I posted earlier actually.

Not any better.

Even if it is, I've yet to see any on either side of the pond I would trust to do said job, whether out of a question of competence or character.

More video of hunts. Please note the timer on these videos I'm linking. You could easily find all videos related to this event by looking up MHW videos that were uploaded a week ago.
On that note, this video is showing the community manager playing the game and he's not even using the things most people are afraid of. A lot of what people are worried about have only been put front and center in marketing because they're new things.

Game Informer actually has people who give a shit about games even if they can act stupid at times. They recently managed to get a lot of exclusive coverage for DBZF because they actually went out to do their job.

That bit about the translation is played for laughs, but I think it really sums up just how unregulated and terrible foreign localizers are, and how badly they all need to be put out of business.

That's really the equivalent of arguing that X isn't bad because you can just use Guild and not equip any Skills, and even then that still doesn't change the fact that shit like the environmental traps and Shirubemushi can't be disabled.

Having worked at GameStop for four years, I'm more than familiar with the content of GameInformer, which is why I am 100% confident in saying that even if there are such people employed there, they do not by any means produce the majority of that magazine's content.

It's literally right after a question about how the devs think that MH is a silly game and the dev even said he was looking at the translation himself and said it was alright. It sounds like they're actually being supervised properly for this one (especially since it's an international release and story will make the dialogue important enough to warrant watching them.)

Jesus christ I just can't get over how ugly that thing is. It's not just "tranny" looking. It's JEWISH looking.

Looks like andromeda's female mc cousin

Tokuda outright said "Hey this is wrong" and they shut him up by saying "this is just how American humor works trust (((us)))" and he said OK since they ARE the foreigners after all.

No, it sounds like the same problem every localization has - it's handed over to incompetent pieces of human garbage who only have a job because Daddy was friends with the HR guy at a company, and because being Japanese the devs assume that the worthless hacks they're paying will be professional and do their job translatiing rather than be, well, localizers, it all gets through with no problems.

My point was
If every translation was a direct translation, we'd get some pretty shit writing in a lot of games, I'm pretty sure this has been a point that's made before. Also, don't try to pretend people have ever given a shit about MH's English dialogue, it doesn't actually affect anything. People gave Generation's translation shit for actually not being clear on certain things but I've never seen any actual proof of people being misled or confused because it wasn't clear.
Now we have MHW literally spoonfeeding you everything there is to learn about the game so people never get confused.

Butthurt is the free energy of the future. The very mining of it will start in these very threads.
I'm gonna be rich, you'll see.

And if you wanted to know the extent of the spoonfeeding, there is a literal hazard-free training room you can access from town.

Because he thought that he was being given a well thought-out opinion by actual experts with his best interests in mind, not dodgy justifications by some gutter trash that rewrite shit to feel better about themselves and push their agendas. Again, they pay these companies to do a job and have no way of knowing how badly they're being swindled.

Bullshit, this point has been refuted time and time again. These scam artists and charlatans are replacing actual dialog and game content with memes and jokes. This is never acceptable.

But we've already had those forever they were called item gathering quests

Internationalisation is still something I want to make a thread about.

The training room gives you unlimited bombs and lets you utilise other stuff the game wants you to learn such as jumping off the mushroom thing in one of the videos I posted. It's extremely more convenient to be able to access this than to go through several loading screens and have to go to specific areas to do this stuff.

You would have an argument if they were replacing one joke with a different joke, but they're not. They're replacing non-joke, informative dialog with uninformative memes.

MONSTERGIRL HUNTER WHEN?

I've already covered the informative things being covered point, and MHW clearly wants you to be extremely informed in all languages. You can perceive that as them cleaning up their work but it's up to you.

Black Diablos is actually a female Diablos in heat.

But they aren't adding things that are funny to the West, just things that those particular yuppies think are funny.

And it's a cancer that should be destroyed entirely.

I understand what it is, I'm just stressing that it was a wholly unnecessary gimmick.

And at least in one case outright translated a line the exact opposite of what was said to push their agenda.

I haven't seen anyone outside of Holla Forums complain that it's not funny. They're appealing to an audience that's bigger than 100 anons on a shitposting board.
The post wouldn't be in favor of or against it, more that I want to explain how I think the matter should be settled and to give everyone a point of view that isn't "It's different, so it's automatically bad" and closer to "The development was done to work internationally."
Keep in mind that this is the first MH game that's being released in every country at the same time instead of being translated only when the game has reached a 90% point in development and so they actually have to work constantly alongside the devs to make it. The Paris games show video earlier shows that the French translation is already very well underway too.

See? They only need to implement the idea and the shekels will flow.

Aerial gunlance is pretty fun but I want to get into Adept/Bushido. Guess I'll do that when I get around to hacking this thing.
Is anyone still playing this online at all? I got an itch for co-op since I've never been able to before.

The thing is, it wouldn't be so bad if they also released the unmolested original abroad as well, but the cancer they produce effectively "replaces" the real game for all intents and purposes in foreign countries. So yes, it is "automatically bad" that they change it when people want the original and not the wretch a bunch of human accidents decided should take it's place.

What does the unmolested original help with exactly? Will you have peace of mind that an NPC that you'll skip all the dialogue for won't ruin your experience when you accidentally lay your eyes on some random hunter NPC's dialogue telling another hunter "You know I had to do it to 'em" only to be discovered he was talking about a regular Jagras as a funny joke.

It's nothing to do with "helping" or not. I simply want to read my games for myself rather than having them scribbled over by some incompetent moral busybody who thinks they know what I'm allowed to see or find funny or anything else, and I certainly don't want such filth prospering in the world.

And if the original dialogue is similar with JP memes instead?
The short form of the point I want to make about internationalisation is that sometimes games are written based on a framework from the developers and not meant to be translated versions of things that were written in the home country language of the developers, which would be the case for games getting released internationally in multiple languages.

Wanted to say that the Witcher 3 would be an example of this as well but it slipped.
I can't post anymore for a moment, got shit to do. I hope you've learned something from my efforts finding videos and actually talking about things.

Then that's what the game is, and it shouldn't be changed. Whether the game is good or not is another question entirely, obviously, but I don't see any justification for rewriting ever.

The main thing I gleaned from the videos that I didn't already know is that they're reusing monster AI pretty heavily, and the cats will run up to you and fully heal you if you get hit. I presume the majority of the intended content was in the commentary, but the only video I turned the audio on for was the one where I could actually hear Tsujimoto's words from his own mouth. I wouldn't trust those hack journalists further than I can throw them, so I'll see if I can find more actual transcripts of what Tsujimoto et al. have to say. Thank you for contributing intelligently and constructively though, I genuinely do appreciate it.

Why?

I actually wanted to talk about the Palico healing as there's something that I'm uncertain on about it, I want to say that the cats "running up and fully heal you" as you so poorly put it, is a replacement for healing horns?
Firstly, from what I can tell the Palico will place some kind of incense which will lure a Vigorwasp, and then they leave it there. Then it's up to the player to hit the vigorwasp to get the heal, as viewable in the video here
In the same video we can also view different things about Vigorwasps and Palicos:
The damage the player has taken appears to be irrelevant as in two cases within the video the player is near to full health anyway. Palico healing has always been debatably worthless and it appears this game is going to be no exception.
In addition it appears the Palico can be interrupted in luring the Vigorwasp as seen in the video as the second time the palico attempts to lure a Vigorwasp the Barroth appears to interrupt the Palico and no Vigorwasp appears.
In the third instance we see the palico partially offscreen and it appears to bring the Vigorwasp to the player, if we take a look at a different video, in the embed I've posted we can see a longer clip of the same hunt and that it spams the Vigorwasp twice in a row when the hunter is already at full health, useless fucking cat as always, and we can also see that it places the incense on the second occasion. Leading me to believe there are different levels of a healing skill for Palicos.

Now here in the embed video at 2:55 the Palico does visibly bring a Vigorwasp to the player, so it definitely appears there are different levels of skill the Palico has when using Vigorwasps. Perhaps much like Herb horn, Health horn and True Health horn.
The only issue is that I can't find anything to confirm that Palicos have definite skills of varying levels, in addition I've yet to see any videos showing the Palicos using both the Vigorwasps and other "Palico skills".
However I did find this monsterhunterworld.wiki.fextralife.com/Palicoes where it mentions a gadget called a Vigorwasp spray, which seems to talk about a spray that allows the Palico to ride a Vigorwasp to the hunter, but no indepth details or statistics.
From my assumptions here, Arekkz is a shitter that uses a maxed out healing Palico and then idiots flip out when they think the game is easy because they keep seeing the Palico using its MHW variant of True Health horn.
However it may be that there's no skill levels and Palicos either bringing you the Vigorwasp or placing it or the amount of healing it gives is random. Can't really say without more details, but to just assume that the cats will always run up to you and fully heal you is retarded.

these fucks actually think old time fans are pissed at this game since you can no longer exit map>heal. who even does that?

A lot of people exit the map and heal from what I've seen of 4U and Gen.

You are not a mysterious boogeyman, you are that one autist

What's wrong about including information about MHW in the OP?

See
People ARE giving good reasons: You're just not actually reading them

Local game store had a used New 3DS on sale and I have for entertainment is a smartphone and a psp got everything for around $125. I can hack a 3DS so I can save money for stuff like bills and the eventual PC.

Congradulations jackass, you bought the worst 3ds MH game. Buy 4U, it has alot more content, better story and is pretty much a masterpiece on the 3ds.

Congrats user! Xenoblade chronicles is amazing, you should try that out too!

some hunt vid exclusive on $ony's channel. Allegedly this is "better proof of dangerous monsters".

JUST

So is there really that much diversity in XX ? I'm HR 5 right now and I feel like it's just the same quests over and over again, does it change more later on ?

When ?

much of what is going on is just automated and every other thing going on is some fucking cinematic.

I don't really get what you are saying, can you breakdown exactly what you mean ?

Look guys! The normalfags are already this excited about the game!
It seems like Monster Hunter World™ is shaping up to be the best game in the series AND the 2018 GOTY?

I never even bothered with all of the quests, there are too many which are too similar, it gets old VERY quickly. I just said fuck it and did all of the key quests instead, look em up on kiranico if you have to.

It is as I feared. It's not just the autism tranny handler. It's the base female model.

thats true for all monster hunter games, swap blurry for pixeleted to hell for the 3DS games, atleast this one gets a PC release to cure the blur and maybe bump the saturation if you are feeling frisky.

there is blood, but most of the demo footage didn't have it because some markets are controlled by nanny states and they were too lazy for per region footage.

as if it could possibly by any worse than small flat rooms connected by mini loadscreens cooridors? baby steps maybe theyll learn to design a fucking level next time, for now its the same shit sans loading screens.

its mostly a mixed bag but i have to agree to a degree. the QoL changes are nice, but the environmental traps are too much.

congratulations you managed to make e a statement that 1. doesnt apply to previous games as well 2. can be argued with actual points to back it, not like you provided the points though.

1. they are glorified gamestop employees (subsidiary), they are the embodiment of industry cheerleader. Their only saving grace is they keep the ideological drivel to a minimum because their retail overlords have enough brain cells to rub together to realize gamers hate that shit.

2. see above they are industry cheerleaders, their cover story goes to the highest bidder, securing ad revenue, exclusive access for the page views, and hyping major releases with pre-order now at your local gamestop TM.

even if they weren't dependent on privileged access for coverage or have a vested interest in insuring good sales numbers of any major title, they would still face the issue of being flown out whined dined and hookered at 5 star resorts free of charge by every big publisher PR rep on the planet.

how are you this naive? most of 8ch Holla Forums got here off the backs of so called "journalists" being unproffessional and highly compromised bloggers who have delusions of being journalists / cultural magnates.

Cool.

Even with the blood turned on there's barely any.

Funnily enough those were the best levels.

No, it's not, they've outright said that they want the foreigners who don't like challenging games.

Very much this, and it's not even anything new.

You know how command inputs make your character move when you press them?

You know how monsters react to your presence?

Watch as the monsters just follow a pre-programmed pathway because there are no longer any screen transitions and watch as the player stands around for long periods of time because they put in an input and then sit there and watch shit happen.

there is no blood. There is no video proof anywhere that there is blood. Stop saying there is blood.

Fuck you, changing the fundamental gameplay is not Quality of life. Read Image 4 of

He's obviously not from here.

What kind of retarded logic is that? The fact there's no transitions anymore should allow for better pathfinding and monsters discovering you. Don't blame their incompetence on the removal of screen transitions.

Ah yes, the tried and true "no actual argument was made because I said so" tactic.
The writing's on the wall dude.

user is that webm supposed to be a jab at the game? Because monsters going about their day is normal now, the fight only starts when you attack them, therefore piss them off. That was apparently a feature you didnt know about and it shows either how little you know about the game or how much the changes pisses you off. If its the latter, im sorry user.

user what do you mean by this? Monsters always followed a pre-programmed pathway ever since the first game. What youre saying is a non issue.

user the game is still the same. That guy is a tard for not realizing that you still "run around while the monster wanders around so you take time finding it." That literally hasn't changed at all. The multiple base camps and the tracking bugs are necessary due to the larger maps and NOBODY wants to spend five minutes running around aimlessly trying to find a monster which is wandering around the map.

Other than that if you still dont like the game there is no point aruging about it, bitching wont magically change the game to fit your standards. If you dont like it, just dont play it, thats it. You shouldnt force yourself to care about a game that doesnt appeal to you user.

Who else bought a PS4 just to preorder MHW?

thats too far even for a shill like me

Except no actual argument was made and any argument that WAS made was answered by people not up their own ass and not triggered about muh changes. Plug your ears and stay in your bubble.

Not stupid enough to buy a PS4.

Everyone says new iterations are for casuals every time. It really doesn't even matter why. People said Dark Souls was casualized because of estus flasks. They will say anything to pretend they're hardcore.

Is what you shills wish was happening.

Its almost adorable to watch them try this hard.

Work with me user.

What do you want to happen?
Do you want this place to be a circle jerk where we all nitpick and shit on world then call the people who think differently shills and pretend like people with different tastes dont exist?
Do you want MH5 but instead of being on consoles its on the 3ds again. Back again with loading screens, shitty ps2 era graphics, extreme amount of hardware limitations, but new CHURAYZEE gimmicks, streamlining, and all the things you know and love but you know you may never get?
Or do you want to buy Monster Hunter World™ and have fun with us higher class citizens with patrician taste?

People with different tastes exist, but they're not Monster Hunter fans. That's why anyone here praising World is either blissfully ignorant, a shitposter, or a shill.

Being portable again sounds great, yeah. The Vita would be fine too.

So capcom is either cutting corners and saving money by doing a short beta or they done want people to play it long enough to realize how shit it really is.

or maybe, again, you're so desperately wanting it to be shit that you're seeing shit that isn't there.

Betas are the new hit marketing tactic and making it limited encourages plebs to spend all their time on the demo instead of saying they'll play it later or not play it at all because they don't care enough. If it's limited, they just have to play it. The MHW beta is literally just a limited demo since it's formatted the same as previous MH demos.
This is pretty easy to figure out.

what other game

What is it like being retarded?

Fighting EX Layer

oh yeah? that game looks fun is it an open beta?

Yeah.

Makes sense since it's timed. So once the beta is over you can't keep playing it/can't thoroughly go pick it apart like a real demo. Easier to bait casuals with a beta than with a standard demo too

play on an emulator then

Get a 3DS with old firmware that isn't banned and crack it, you can play online with pirated titles. Just make sure you read and reread the guide so you don't fuck it up.

Kill yourself. While the N3ds version isn't the best way to play it (Dolphin emulator with HD texture pack is the way to go) it certainly is one of the best games ever made.

STRAWPOLL WILL YOU BUY MH WORLD

strawpoll.me/14417687

It's also a way of getting a little money out of people who won't be buying the game, since to even try the beta you need to pay 500 yen.

Just play the original or Dos on PCSX2 or 2G and P3rd on PPSSPP.

Speak for yourself, faggot

What other beta?

Opinion discarded

one dude uses a (((mantle))) to draw it away
Programming is fucking broken and the AI freeze webm is just the tip of the shit.

03 7968 0096 6158

MHXX G4 keys, if anyone wants to come play.

the worst bit so far is the freebie flashbombs and environmental bullshit, but other than that, the game looks gr8

watch

You keep saying I'm lying, I'm saying you didn't watch this.

I guess we gotta find everything bad about this game because this entry is not kosher.

The game has potential, but not in the framework of the previous monster hunter titles. if this game was fully centered around the free hunts of 4U, then all these things would make perfect sense.

Look, this shit COULD work, but not in the previous game framework, which it seems it's attempting to do.

This could feasibly work as a low rank/first few mission mechanic to let someone get used to seeing big monsters, but a vet will feel it will ill prepare a player for how viciously the monsters will throttle you, especially if high rank reverts it to attacking you on sight.

this is probably to encourage faggots to eat and not miss out on the buffs when they go out on a hunt, but can also be a buff for when someone DOES cart and they are too much of a faggot to bring max potions or steak

probably originally something to take care of pursuing a monster through the transition hallways since it's no longer just another screen. Sitting and eating/sharpening would be a pain if the monster is hoofing it and you need to keep on it. As for running while eating/drinking, that MIGHT be an ability (speed eating) but if not, is cancer due to the mid battle application.

no excuse. These are cancer in raw form. Unless monsters outright negate their abilities (monsters who you can't aggro, monsters you can't hide from, monsters who throttle you HARDER when you can't stagger), they are a subversion of armor skills and render armor skills useless since you can just pop on a mantle

could also be another skill (rodeo god) since there are different rules in accordance to the new mounting mechanics. If not, still cancer.

This was the worst part of 4th gen's Expeditions BY FAR. Especially because unlike proper hunts there's no timer, so you don't actually KNOW when the 30 minutes are up unless you go outside of the game and set a timer yourself. There's nothing as anti-motivational as knowing you could enter a hunt, not cart, but get zero reward whatsoever because the RNG decided to be fucky that day.

It's not a skill, anyone can use items while moving. Even if some cancer shit was locked behind skills it would still be cancer because they have casualized the skill system so much. Even a single piece of armor can activate a level of a skill.

you only get the tracker skill style bug bonus after maxing them out for that particular monster. I dont really care because I'll know where the monster spawns on every map from kiranico anyways

change isn't always bad but these doomsday nothing-is-ever-good shills would have everyone think it.

What a surprise, turns out making all the colors dull and muted makes distinguishing certain monsters an unnecessary pain in the ass. But I'm the blind nigger that can't see the colors right?

Why does everyone treat mantles like they provide a constant passive effect? Just having it equipped does nothing; you need to activate it to get the effect, then there's a cooldown. They're meant to be situational things, not a source of permanent armor skills.

Because when you actually git gud you can kill monsters in less than 2 minutes, well fast enough for a mantle to last "the entire hunt".

video clip with blood enabled youtube.com/watch?v=g3Alvh9yUuM&feature=youtu.be&t=23s

image 4 says the same fucking thing I did, it realizes the difference between the changes to the quest hub / crafting / UI / inventory. while also shitting on the environmental traps

arent things like earplugs being removed outside of mantle effects? I keep hearing free investment but I have yet to see confirmation that many of the armor skills that mantles supposedly invalidate are even making a return.

it would be like complaining about a stamina mantle in the event of them removing mega dash juice. it would actually be a step forward in design.

same shit with >no flex

healing is over time as you guzzle it down rather than instant followed by the flex. which is also better design, how many times have you seen a retard chug in the dumbest spot only to get tail swiped during the flex but he lives because the healing had already popped off?

Mantles are for retards who cant play the game properly and need even more skills due to them not being competent enough with the ones they already have. Its guaranteed that reddit would love those kinds of items.

That happened to me far too much, even when I would sometimes heal across the map.

there's literally nothing wrong with having additional duration based skills if it means we're getting less on average than the mess that 4u endgame was.

I asked this one time in another thread; does the game have small enemies or mob or such that you can fight aswell or is it boss fights solely
pls spoon feed me

The over time healing is nowhere as slow as people say it is. It's only slightly slower than the whole drinking animation while also being able to move and roll. Rolling does end the healing, but you get far more health from rolling during a heal while not getting hit than being stuck in animation and most likely losing everything you gained. Also you have to go back.

Look up gameplay videos on youtube and you'll get the feel of the entire game through there and would be able to make your own thoughts about it.
If you like the game then ill have you know that playing the game is always a lot more fun that watching it.

I got the same exact answer the last time i asked this question, maybe you're that user. Just tell me if there is somethig else to fight than bosses only -something to turn off my head and just mash.

I am not that user but, there are smaller creatures wandering around the maps. They usually die in like 3 hits depending on the weapon though. But they always respawn.

Thanks user, you've been rewarded with digits for that simple answer.

then the blood is virtually no different looking than the rest of the muddy graphics here. wonderful.

Mantles are also just an extension of one of MH4U's shittiest mechanics: Wystones.

but the monsters you had to use wystones against at least had something exclusive about them that made using wystones a necessity.

Both those monsters and the wystones were a pain in the ass and not exactly that fun to fight. I never want to see them again.

who would have ever guessed youtube destroyer of bitrate would be muddy? and of course was there any hope any game on the ps4 / xbone wouldn't be muddy? trying and failing to punch above their weight is all devs ever do with these systems. and once again replace muddy with pixelated to hell for 3Ds and thats how its always been.

Id like to see a clip with blade related blood since im sure it will be different from bows.

im sorry anons but monster hunter hasn't been a particularly vibrant series

Probably the best time I've had with Monster Hunter in my life.

They last for a long time, give boosts that amount to more than 40 Skill Points worth of Armor Skills in the old mechanics, and they go on top of your preexisting Armor which is guaranteed to have Armor Skills activated with no negative ones. On top of all that, keep in mind who World is being designed for. There is no defending this shit.

We also have yet to see confirmation that carting 3 times is still a fail condition - or even that you CAN cart. By that argument you can say just about anything.

No it isn't. Even if the healing is over time and not just "instant but looks like it's taking time like in 2nd gen" it's far too fast and you can fucking run throughout the animation anyway.

And then he's still in the same fucked position he was in before, now minus an item and hopefully learning from the experience.

World won't have G-Rank, you'd need to compare to the endgame of non-G versions, like vanilla 4 or X.

Wow.

Yes it has.

so if we're getting fewer skills than the typical game, who cares if we're getting extra temporary ones with the mantles? temporary and activatable things > set and forget when it comes to being an interactive game.
the environments have always been a dull pallete of green, grey, tan and brown.

What on Earth makes you think that that's the case? If anything, the new Skill system suggests we'll be having MORE Armor Skills than a typical game.

Also

So, you're a fan of X then I take it? Because Hunting Skills sound like your favorite thing in the world then.

it's not a g-rank game so we're getting fewer armor skills im assuming but no, I wasn't a fan of the over-the-top hunter arts in cross. shit like the switch axe phial recharge bs completely ruined the weapon but I don't think the mantles are going to be as game breaking as hunter arts

Fewer than the endgame of a G Rank game, yes, but I sincerely doubt we're getting fewer than that of a typical MonHun game.

Really? I can't think of a single Hunting Skill worse than those goddamn cloaks, though to be fair I never really bothered using them all that much outside of stuff for maintaining the katana weapons' gauge when playing in Aerial.

SnS Round Force (specifically level 2)
DB's Wolf's Maw
Hammer's Provoke is almost literally the challenger mantle
Lance's Enraged Guard
GL's Dragon Breath
SA's Energy Charge + Demon Riot
IG Swarm
And then XX added Chaos Oil for SnS
There are also neutral arts that act pretty much like mantles.
There's a difference between Hunter Arts and Mantles though, which is that Hunter Arts are for offence and mantles generally seem to fall into the opposite side of things.
I think we need to see the duration/tolerance and cooldown of the mantles before we make any judgements IMO. We already know that conference demos are tampered with and nobody from the developer build players actually used a mantle, and it's confirmed they all have different numbers on those things.

It's almost like a tool that does exactly that exists for random PC games as well.

I looked at it, there is nothing there that proves your point about the AI.
The Anjanath walks by the first time because they ignore it and when it comes back later they attack it aggroing it.
That is all there is.

Holy shit that was amazing. I love my Hammer so much.

I'm not saying whygodwhystones were a good idea, I agree that they were shit, but they had a tradeoff in that there was a monster class that they were meant to specifically be used against.

Monster hunter has always made key things stick out from the environment with the selection of the pallet. Sure area 5 might have a bunch of red rocks, but the blue rocks and mushrooms stick out to let you know to grab them.

Here it is in webm form. Watch as the middle displayed hunter gets nearly killed (who is the other dude talking and is visibly not near the potoo wyvern) because the Anjanath doubled back and decided to kill them.

What do you think MH is, moron?

I need to learn how to edit videos so i can make embed related like
capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/world/topics/zukan/
those videos capcom uploaded for no good reason

You fucking retard, while the dude was fighting the chamelon there was two other hunters off camera
LITERALLY SWINGING AT ITS LEGS.
How in the fuck do you not realize that?!?

The Anjanath ignored everyone, but then doubled back and attacked them without any provocation. Yeah, maybe the dude attacked it later, but that was after the damn thing ended up on his head.

I will never wish upon the monkey paw again.

This gmae looks autistic as fuck.

That's what happens when you take a great and challenging game and rebuild it for the retarded normalfags in the West.

every time.

KEK.

I just hope it's actually decent and also tells people stuff like who did the most damage, who did the most KOs, who suffered the least damage etc. instead of that pointless shit in the picture.

This gets longer every time I see it.

Thats some overwatch faggotry right there.
MH multiplayer is about teamwork not trying to one up each other with dumb post-hunt rewards.

I tried to get a normalfag to play MH with me because I hacked his 3ds for him and he always refuses or says that its boring, he would rather just play animal crossing instead. Others I played with wont even bother or think its too hard. I know capcom is trying to do #5 on that list but I dont think normalfags the reds would have the metal capacity or skills to make it to or even through high rank. Its going to be probably played by the browns from #3, autists or even soulsfags perhaps.

And the "degredation" you speak of wasnt with the community, but with the game itself.

And people wonder why I hate normalfags getting into my hobbies.

Which should tell you exactly who World is made for.

Assuming High Rank is even still a thing.

Just bought MH4U

What am I in for?

If it's your first time playing a MonHun? A slow start as you go through tons of handholding tutorial, with a fair bit of experimenting with different weapons until you find one that feels comfortable for you, then going out and smacking progressively larger things with it.

I haven't played since the first one on Playstation…lol

The concept is the same, but controls and weapon variety has changed enough that you will likely want to spend time experimenting with each weapon, since there's around twice as many as before, and the ones that did exist before have had some changes and tweaks.

I already felt this way when the series moved to the wii. I am laughing at the retards that NOW say that IP is dead. At this point the series has gone so far off the rails that MHW just feels like what the series was heading to either way.

I felt the same way until I played Aerial Style with Twin Blades on my second medium hunt. Holy fuck, there's nothing quite like mounting a monster, knocking it down, dumping a full demon mode stamina bar into it, then using archdemon air combos to do it all over again.

Like, fuck, it's worth the work to get into it by far. I haven't even tried aerial style with greatsword but I really, really want to on something bigger than these first few large hunts.

Can't wait to play World

Come on nipanon, hasnt HR been in the games since the first MH?
Its obvious that there wont be any G-rank though.
Gathering quests are actually gone now and has been replaced with
investigations or something, so you can gather the necessary materials during or after a quest to complete it.

I guess you have to find the right weapon or the appeal of the game in order to have fun with it. The SA with its high speed, DPS, and the BERSERK feeling i get when i swing it in blade mode made it forever be my waifu.

It really is all about finding the right weapon. I started with Greatsword and hated it until I switched to hammer. Then I fought Gendrome. Oh god, fighting the Gendrome with the Hammer is an exercise in annoyance. Not only is he a jumpy, twitchy fuck that makes connecting blows hard, his stun animation is actually HARDER to hit and the hammer pings that constantly. So I use hammer for larger, slower hunts, and twin blades for smaller, faster ones.

SA, CB and SnS are my go to weapons, I like to hit hard and fast with a lot of mobility.
I used Lance and GL back in 3U when I had to be more defensive when doing G-rank. Then I stopped being a pussy and switched to narga armor with SA, I eventally even beat Dire Miralis with a SA.
GS and Hammer are both fucking cancer. I used hunting horn a bit in Gen, but it felt too slow for me, but I love the buffs that it could give and giving monsters brief concussions felt amazing. DB's dont feel like they ever hit hard enough for me.

SA also looks fucking amazing in world, but I noticed that the meter would go down seemingly twice as slow as it used to compared to the previous games.

have we been raided by newfags?

The fuck is wrong with strawpoll? I assume they cucked in some way I'm not aware of.

I don't remember but I know that strawpoll was and is considered reddit/cuckchan/normalfaggotry for a reason.

It has, but they're clearly building this for an audience that has never liked Monster Hunter to begin with. At this point, I wouldn't assume anything positive about World, considering they've sunk to the point they're charging 500 yen for a 4 day only demo.

Or shills. I guess they didn't want to use the preexisting poll because it was turning out so heavily against them.

A lot of games do this and it's a good thing since it motivates people to play better when it's done properly.

I too can use bots.

Anyone still playing XX and want to do some G rank shit?

Hello soyboy.

HH is the slowest weapon I would be willing to use, the fact that it gives musical buffs especially the speed boost is incredibly enjoyable. High speed deliverance of concussions while supporting my team is near boner inducing. Mean while GS and Hammer are both as bland as fuck
Also user, I ate a BUNCH of delicious meat for thanksgiving today.

user, tofu turkey is not meat.

Jesus christ, If you could list even one reason i wouldn't give a fuck and I'd switch over to poal.me but this is pathetic groupthink faggotry right here.

I'm a shill because i wanted to try to get a vague idea of how the community thinks of worlds and i wasn't aware another poll existed?

Frankly i don't feel i need to do explain myself but i want to. It has been a while since I've come into MH threads i starting losing interest when gen came out and then my 3ds got banned from online and i haven't been assed to spend the couple hours trying to get it working again. Anyways I'm the user who used to use the nazi flag, flag and eventually i stopped using it because folks were calling it trip-fagging despite half the board using them and i got tired of being accused of such things, that was a good two so years ago now. I also go by "Vextra" in game, unless there has been a huge change in the /mhg/ community I should have played with just about every one of you aside from the solo only autists and jap-user. I say all this because now I'm trying to gauge if the community is the same one i knew back when we played 3u, 4u, and gen.

Outdated MH? outdated MH.
I've had MH 3 sitting on my Wii U since day 1 and I haven't played it, I figured I might as well give it a go.
It will be my first time playing MH, what class should I go for If I intend to play solo?
Or rather, what classes suck playing solo?

If by class you mean weapon, none of them are truly bad for solo play, but for first timers a Bow or Bowgun will be hard since you'll only have half the defense and have to work with limited ammunition. Experiment with each weapon to find which one feels most comfortable for you and go from there.

MOTHER
FUCKING
ESCORT
MISSIONS

It keeps getting better.

Oh, cool. It’s going Dragon’s Dogma now.

Why?
Escort missions are like the complete fucking anti-thesis to what hunting is.

Holy shit why would they-

Not too out of character for these games. As long as it's a skippable mission.

How do I know if I'll like the game before it's even out? Are people honestly deciding what they will/won't buy without even playing a demo or seeing finalized content?

So, like pretty much everything else we know about Monster Hunter World?

WHAT

Egg missions at least were useful for knowing the gameplay. Have the right perks and balance what zones you'll go through to not get knocked on your ass as you carry that egg around. Works as a neat antithesis as it forced the judgement of "go with heavy armor to fight big monster or go in with light to run eggs faster?"

Escorting a fucking caravan? Escorts are fucking cancer, always have been. Escorts never move at the right speed, escorts go against the core of any fucking gameplay established in the game.

All mission in monster hunter are to get you used to the meat of the game (fighting monsters). What the fuck is this supposed to get you "used to"? Babysitting retards in public lobbies?

I said it before and I'll say it again:

The demo requires you to have ps+, idk why though.

Egg quests were basically escort missions too when you think about it.

Gameinformer posted some gameplay of that mission, the caravan fucks off somewhere else while you hunt a barroth.
They even poke fun at the quest by its title being "The best kind of quest"
Embed related.

Can't believe how many retards are getting it for PS4 or literally even buying a Jew station for it. Especially when it's based on the ASSUMPTION that the PC version won't be out until summer. When the game isn't even out and Capcom will definitely give us a PC release in a few weeks.

Avoiding cuckchan cancer alone is a great reason for not getting the 30 FPS version.

Does Capcom have enough money to shill the game everywhere?

PC version is foreign only, so it'll be even more cringe-inducing than the game itself already looks to be. That said, I sincerely doubt anyone here is going to be getting World.

Considering how much of it we've seen happening on a consistent basis, they clearly do, unless they found someone willing to shill it for free

What are you talking about, no one would shill for this game, it's just shaping up to be the best monster hunter yet!
They listened to people's cries for annoying escort quests and free full heals and hyper mode and a ton of other things that absolutely no one wanted!

I'm not so sure, I think there might be a period where you have to escort the damn thing, might be because they're shitty game journalists, might be because they decided to dick around or explore (why would you in a demo though), but it took them 10+ minutes to find the Barroth, considering the glowing bugs it probably wasn't because they couldn't find it. Also they completed the defense assignement, so something tells me you have to defend them for a period of time then have to fight Barroth.

It's impossible to be sure unless we get footage from start to finish.

Sorry for triple posting, but when that Hanson nig got killed, there wasn't a message telling the player that the reward money was lost.

Of course not, why would Monster Hunter World punish players for not being good at video games?

Oh shit user you got a good eye!
Lets see what becomes of that.
Also remember that the game STILL isnt done, they were only practically playing a beta.
2 more months to go
2 months to finish the damn game

The fuck are you talking about? All the reasons you use to defend egg quest can be apply to the caravan mission

No, they're not. They're still shit, don't get me wrong, but they're not escort missions.

Replace egg with caravan, they are practically the same

I'd say there's a fundamental difference in that you still have complete control over the factors you need to defend, as opposed to escort missions which move at an automatic slow pace, and can't have their course changed or controlled in any way. Both are shit, but saying they're the same is disingenuous.

If egg quest is not an escort mission then what is it? You have to carry an egg for point A to point B and defend it from monster, you failed the quest if the egg is broken. Hmm… sound like an escort mission to me.

I literally just explained how they're different in the very post you're replying to.

At that point your definition is so broad as to be almost meaningless. Fuck, by that definition every stage of Super Mario Brothers is an "escort mission."

The things you need to protect are different but essentially, both are the same

Its not that broad, its very specific, protect something from point A to point B. Every quest that have these element by definition, is an escort mission.

What do you "escort" is super mario bros. you fuck?

nevermind then, didn't know I was arguing with a guy that think official english name for rathalos is wrong.

How? Again, in escort missions you have to protect something that is autonomous and uncontrollable and is a distinct entity separate from the character/party under your direct command. In egg missions, no such exterior entity exists, and the item in question is carried by the player and thus you have direct control over the path the item takes. They are fundamentally different types of stages.

Mario.

No idea what a "Rathalos" is, but considering that term has never been used in a Monster Hunter game and the quality of "official translations" I'm going to go out on a limb and guess it's them making shit up because they're illiterate fucks who can't even Google to do the bare minimum of their jobs.

Not really, you just need to protect something.

You are just being retarded at this point, who is Mario protecting?

there it is, now you get it why peoples called you autistic

Again, if you're expanding the definition to include MonHun's egg missions, the term loses basically all meaning. In egg missions, if the player gets hit while carrying the egg, it's a failure and you have to start over. The egg is directly manipulated by the player, including when and where it moves. In escort missions, you protect an autonomous outside entity that you have no direct control over, that follows it's own route on it's own timer. They are fundamentally different types of scenarios, you're getting caught up in meaningless semantics instead of the actual gameplay style.

Stating facts makes you autistic?

No it doesn't, if you expand it to include super mario bros, then yes, it loses all meaning.

The inability to accept the fact that Rathalos is the official english name makes you autistic.

Oh god. Oh god, this is the grind. This is the grind I've been avoiding up to three-star hunts, isn't it.

There are quests that give you the parts I believe, and you can also attempt to poison them during them to carve parts as well. Well I guess it also depends on the game if has those quests as well. Good luck, user-kun.

I get it, where all here expecting every game to be shit.

I'm hype for this game though, I played a bit of it and its fun.

Why are you pretending like the Nipjews are non cancer when its related to multiplayer?

Hello

wait so anyone that's hype for world is samefag shilling? Some of you have fallen to far. I'm not saying pre order, hell, don't buy anything in the first few weeks, but come on, everything I have played feels just like MH but faster and a better looking (The faster is both good and bad, I liked the slow forceful, deliberate kind of action, but I can see fun in both)

If I wanted to play something fast, I'd play something fast, not ask for Monster Hunter to become faster. I don't go eat a hamburger and ask for it to have less meat. That's the problem with these reboots, they take what made a series unique and dilute it so people that never cared about the series in 13 years, across multiple entries and systems, can look at it and most likely keep ignoring it while fans are stuck fixing the scraps.

I get that, but what I'm saying is core monster hunter is not really lost just sped up… I know its kind of strange to say, after all part of monster hunter IS the slow game play. But everything getting sped up about the same makes it FEEL the same just forcing you to play faster.

Eh, It wont be for everyone it really won't and I'm pretty new to MH, I only came in during tri. But I like the changes, that's the problem I guess, not all the old time fans will like it even if I do you know?

I see the difference in that you can fight the monster then complete the egg quest. You don't lose because you broke 1 egg. Escort missions require you to keep the person alive at all times, and you don't get a choice to fight the monster without worrying about the person; if the person dies, you fail.

Hold up steakhead, you're actually just flat out wrong, the speed isn't new to the series after what they did to gen/X/XX. The issue is the "Quality of life" improvements like the free floating full hp heals, drop in drop out multiplayer and all this other nonsense that makes it play like a shitty dark souls clone than actual monster hunter

What's wrong with drop in drop out multiplayer? its the one thing I like about multiplayer game, waiting for peoples to filled up your room is just a time waster

it won't get better

LOL DARK SOULS INVASION, AM I RIGHT

None of that matters if is true and they go full on cancer with no penalty for losing,

See, that's the thing that keeps me from wanting to go online, that "If you cart, you FUCK OVER EVERYONE". I don't consider myself skilled, I'm way too concerned with feeling cool with my aerial style shit and while I don't cart often even on new hunts, I'm perpetually worried that I'll shit the bed.

How is that different than creating a lobby and some random scrub joining your room? and as a host, I'm pretty sure you can kicked undesirable peoples from your game

or even better

But user, don't you know? There's no village and guild quest system anymore! The single player IS the multiplayer and vice versa! Aren't you glad that they decided to join the two so you don't have a singleplayer mode and a harder singleplayer mode with multiplayer? Greatness awaits!™

Please tell me they haven't changed the way the Hunter runs from monsters. Hell, the shoulder look is how I know I am running AWAY from the monster rather than towards it, that even works when the monster isn't targetable.

But user you can just use permanent lock-on now.

Please tell me you're joking. Target Cam was a compromise so you didn't have to do the claw on the 3DS and break your hands harder than the PSP ever did.

But there is HP scaling now.
Monsters will gain the MP amount of HP and start to use AOE kind of attacks.

Git gid, or start a squad. Problem solved.
The flare is for the worst kinds of players imaginable.

user, you could play whatever game you want, either good or shitty, its all on you.
I can see why you say MHW looks fun, i think it does too and it helps to think of it as a reboot. But the old kind of MH is dead now and its probably never coming back.

citation needed on any of that shit you just said

Which is what you did.

Except that's not what I said. It can be the "official English name" but that doesn't make it correct at all. That only means that the people in charge of the "official English" versions are incompetent and illiterate.

Not every game, just the ones that go out of their way to make everything shown and said about them sound like shit.

Who said anything about multiplayer? I'm talking about the game.

Which is also disgusting, since it means you can't fight the monsters at full unless you buy four copies of the game and four machines just to make three placeholder characters to sit in the base camp to power up the monsters while you fight it.

You and I both know there's no such thing as "Mediocre", "Meh", "Okay" on this board. Just "shit" and "YOU'RE A FUCKING SHILL REEEE"

Why the fuck are you retards so against having a camera that allows you to lock onto a monster
Christ hearing people complain about people wanting a lock on camera it's as if you'd heard someone suggest adding neutral pronouns for the monsters. It's a useful feature, there's absolutely no reason for it not to be in the game.

I'm even surprised they didn't add it it in the past 10 titles that were on consoles that made it almost impossible to control the camera without making you want to kill yourself.

They complain because they don't want newfags having better controls than they did when they started playing the series.

I wouldn't be surprised if that were the actual reason honestly, MHfags are a fucking mystery of autism to me

I didn't, you did, because you're retarded.

This type of mental gymnastic is why I regret arguing with nipanon. Let me rephrase my sentences then, your inability to accept that Rathalos is the correct english name makes you autistic.

This is utter fucking shit. How in the fuck do I hunt the real versions of monsters now? Every single Monster Hunter I've soloed G-Rank.

Do you know how much harder positioning would be if you had auto lock on? The current "set camera to monster" button is enough. Monster hunter is a game where positioning is extremely important and getting the proper angles on attacks is key to killing quickly. A lock on camera would basically kill the incentive devs have for varied hitzones across a monster.

Essentially this. Tail hitting, for example. If you're constantly facing the center of the monster, you can't turn to be perpendicular to its tail to slash it. Likewise for arms and legs, sometimes even the head for some angles. Locking on would also make air style dizzying when you hop over monsters, and would remove some difficulty inherent in flying monsters as well. Tapping a single button to look at the monster is more than enough.

My biggest issue with posters that complain about lockon is that they assume hitting the monster on any part does the same damage. This isn't dark souls, or most other action games for that matter. It's one thing that I think really sets it apart from other action games and one aspect of it I enjoy. If you want to argue for locking onto certain body parts well that's a seperate argument.

Having a lock on camera != having a lock on camera always on

There's no fucking reason to not just have it in the game

Not only are different parts differently damaged, different damage types deal different damage to different parts as well. It's fucking bonkers (in a good way) that if you have a Hammer, a Bow, and a Greatsword user all fighting the same monster, they might have to hit different parts for optimal damage.

I explained why. The current center camera button is fine, and lock on would do you more bad than good. It would be a positioning nightmare. Learn your weapons properly, or just fucking play something else.

Your basing your explanation on your bias rather than what would actually work. Saying something is "fine" means that there are better options. Lock on is a better option.

I explained why it isn't a better option. Explain to me why it's a better option than "there is no reason not to have it"

Because having no decent camera controls in a 3D game is something that shouldn't be a thing in a game made after 1996.

Not only playing on a 3DS screen is painful enough because of its size, but having to move the camera with a small inputs on a touch screen is crazy and honestly borderline unplayable.
When you're constantly wrestling against the game's controls to get the results you want, that's the game failing.

There's NO reason to not have better camera controls. Be they a lock on camera, a gyroscopic controlled camera, a Mario 64 camera, fucking anything at all really.

I also want to remind you that there's plenty of Dark Souls bosses that have different parts you can hit for optimal damage or special drops, the lock on Camera doesn't make it any harder to hit them.

Confirmed for not having played the game enough.
The hardest difficulty bosses often require you to drop combat and flee in a specific direction, otherwise you get fucked, lose yoir potions, get one step closer to game over by item loss.
Lock on would be horrible to turn on/off in this situation, and having a "smart lock on" would be a pain to deal with the times it decides not to work.
Another thing, you get used to seeing the monster move in certain ways, and you learn to dodge, wouldn't getting close to the boss with a lock on move the camera up, thus fucking with your perspective, and getting you hit in the process?
Not worth it tbh. Play a different game scrub.

The mental gymnastics are amazing.

Apparently having to use the touch screen to center the camera is perfect, however having another similar button right next to it to lock on "wouldn't work".
I've got no words

Free range camera since monhun 4 with the center camera button.
Not on the same level of monster hunter and dark souls has nothing even fucking close to motion values.

You don't have to use the touch screen to center the camera nigger. It has a dedicated button. Lock on is bad because you don't want to be targeting a monster's center of mass most of the time. Instead of managing the camera you just want to always be focused on the monster. You're fucking lazy and it's people like you that set design backwards.

Git gud or go home, soultard.

Holy shit what a fucking faggot

Having an actual d-pad on the touch screen is not "free range".
It's awful and the absolute least they could've added to the game.

I don't see how this matters, it's still perfectly possible. If you can spend the time centering the camera back on the monster manually then there's no reason not to have a ON/OFF button too. Not all monsters require the pixel perfect precision you talk about. A vast majority of them don't.

Because you just want to wail on the monster without having to pay attention to where you are attacking or what attacks you are performing.
Get the fucking CPP or an N3DS XL you fucking retard.

What the fuck is wrong with the touchscreen dpad? Sure, they could have made it an analogue to allow for more precise controls but the thing is bigger than the physical dpad.

I like how you just completely ignored the rest of the post.

I get why there can't be an always ON camera lock, that's perfectly clear, however you've yet to mention one single reason as to why it shouldn't be an option.

lol

Doesn't that shit use watch batteries to work? What a fucking waste of money

Reaching to the screen is awkward and imprecise. I'd rather have had something where I can just drag my finger across the screen and have the camera move along with it honestly, there's so many better options for shit like that.

Or you could just be smart and buy the second analog to plug in. That shit makes the 3DS c o m f y.
Why are we talking to this retard again? He obviously dropped the game very early on, he shouldn't be allowed to have (you)s

You haven't mentioned WHY it should be there. Why does it need to be added other than "quality of life".
CPP is dirt cheap.
AAA, last over 100 hours easily.

How the fuck is quality of life not a good enough reason by itself?

There's hundreds of monsters that are annoying and repetitive. Monsters you have to beat dozens of time to get materials, none of these require any kind of expert strategy, and yet you still have to wrestle with the shitty camera.
At least with a lock on the grind wouldn't be such a fucking chore.

The touchscreen dpad isn't any further away from the face buttons than the right analogue is on basically any physical gamepad. I genuinely cannot comprehend why you have an issue with it. If it's the lack of physical feedback you can just glance to the bottom screen, given that you're playing on a handheld.

You haven't explained why it's quality of life.
You sound like you just hate the game series itself and this is less of a controls issue.

Don't you get it user?
He's literally pulling shit out of his ass at this point cause he didn't play the game

Have you tried any emulator for mobile that asks you to control a d-pad by using your touchscreen? It's bad, doesn't allow for any precise movements.

I like how the game plays, but the grind and the constant having to fight with the controls while playing on small screens kills it entirely for me. I don't mind some grind, but if the game is just a costant annoyment then it becomes too much.

You quoted my explanation nigga

Granted, I myself didn't know about the L-button lockon until I fought Nibelsnarf and hit it by fucking accident. Up to that point I was using the nipple on the XL just fine. And if I didn't have that, I sometimes use the touchscreen as well. That's three options, only one of which is dependant on the console choice, for camera control. Like, you tap a button and the camera swivels to the monster. That's exactly all you need.

You keep saying its just so you don't have to fight with the controls. And anons are saying I'm biased.

They want every game to control the same. They are the fucking marxists of dark souls.

I think it's time for a new bingo chart. The old one's getting stale.

What the fuck is so hard about them? Motherfucker, I have played god damn Darksiders on PC with keyboard control. You want some fucked camera controls, LOOK AT THAT SHIT. Oh, how about Dark Souls 1 pre-patching with the mouse and keyboard, that shit spins like crazy with a tap. Are you physically inept?

You have a fuckhuge touchscreen item to move the camera. It's right next to the face buttons. Move your fucking thumb an inch over. You have a single-tap button for monster focus. Press the shoulder button. This is not 'wrestling'. Do you fucking want the paintball effect for free? Do you want the monster to FUCKING GLOW? I don't see how it could be any easier with camera controls that are /actually better than most 3d games made these days./

so then would you let a male Nerscylla capture you, tie you up in his web and breed you for the rest of your bond life Holla Forums?

He probably wants to shoot while moving and have more defense as gunner too.

I have, and it's only when the dpad controls your movement, like in megaman, for example, that it's really awful. A physical controller is still preferable but for something like camera movement the problem is nowhere as bad as you make it out to be.

Nigger I'll tell you a story, more out of pity than anything.
I played the game so much my left dpad cracked (there's a plastic disk under the rubber) making the rubber piece slide off.
I kept playing with the plastic disk alone, and it cracked more and more, leaving sharp edges on the thing.
So i took some sandpaper and smoothed it out, and despite it being comfortable to play with, i still get a callus on my thumb every time i play the game.
That's because I'm dedicated, and this whole game is about it.
If you want comfy controls go back to your Sony® console, or hell you could wait a few months for MH:W
But you'll never knows the joy of overcoming everything in order to get that kill

So anyway is there any info on the beta yet?
I'm assuming you need to preorder the game for it, will Holla Forums be playing it?

No preorder, but you need to pay 500 yen for it, and it's only available for a few days, so I doubt anyone's going to bother.

I have PS+ for some other shit so I'll have access and plan to stream it. I'll write a detailed report on it. I know a few other people that are going to test it out as well.

I think I'll stick to my old username and call myself Garuga in case we meet
Looking forward to play it with you assholes

But user…
Bugs are gay

You know Ill be there.

Aye, same.

you're the gay tbh

I loved to wear G-rank D.seltas armor in 4U.
I am indeed totally fucking gay for wearing that
:^)

it's a good buggo

I have that set
I use it once every month, cause teostra and chaos gore are simply too good, and i hate to clownsuit

Forgot pic

Bnahabra are dappa as fuck

(checked)
If i recall correctly the female one is pretty lame, also i like having actual defence

it's bad as the gunner set

You absolutely did though. You took a game type where the only thing you have to protect is your own hitbox and tried to group it in with a distinct other game type that requires you to protect independent and uncontrollable hitboxes.

"Correct" and "English" are oxymoronic in this case.

This is what you get from my post? then you really are retarded and dodge my question earlier, what is Mario protecting? his hitbox?

go google what oxymoron is you moron.

Hey by your definition protecting anything including yourself is an escort, so I want to see how it isn't.

You as the character in game protect something you retard.That is what I mean by "protecting something from point A to point B". What with peoples being disingenuously stupid?

Probably because your definition of an escort quest is fucking retarded

What I got from your post is that you're too focused on thematic concepts to actually look at the gameplay, which is what people hate about escort missions.

Yes, when you are playing Super Mario and Monster Hunter egg missions, you are protecting your own hitbox.

No, you are protecting the eggs, its tied to your hit box. Mario die when he got hit, in MH eggquest, you dont, you and the egg are separate things

and you don't get how that's different from protecting 4 assholes who you can't control?

Which still ends up meaning the same thing, you are directly controlling and moving the thing you don't want hit.

Both result in a fail state, requiring you to start from the beginning.

So by your definition, the escort mission in GTA games where you have to drive a person from point A to point B isnt escort mission then? You have complete control of where you driving and you have to start over if you and the npc dies

So does escort mission, your point?

Haven't played, so can't say for certain. From that description though it doesn't sound like the kind of thing people are talking about when they talk about escort missions usually.

The point is that in addition to defending your own hitbox, the escort mission requires you to defend those of one or more autonomous extra entities that you have little if any direct control or influence over. It is fundamentally different from an egg delivery quest.

Its the same as GTA escort mission, you have an npc you need to protect but once you get in a vehicle, you have complete control of where you going

Again, never played that game, so I can't speak from intimate knowledge of how that one works. The point being, if what you're defending is a hitbox you directly control as opposed to one that behaves autonomously that you have little to no control over, it's not an escort stage.

Maybe you need to play more game to know what is and isn't an escort mission

Yeah, I'm done with this.

Did find out what oxymoron means?