Why do all modern FPS games have to be ruined by cutscenes? Take for example Wolfenstein 2. Solid gunplay...

Why do all modern FPS games have to be ruined by cutscenes? Take for example Wolfenstein 2. Solid gunplay, solid graphics, solid soundtrack, but like half of the game is cutscene garbage with comically SJW characters. Had they designed the levels the same way classic FPS games with open ended level design were designed, those with hundreds of levels and gameplay hours, this could be one of my favorite FPS games ever. Plus,iIt would be much less waste of resource since there would be no need for VA hiring or screenplay writing.

Why do they feel they need to do this? Do they think this is what gamers want?

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=raOKlc546q0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Try again Holla Forums

Finally, a kike-free first post on Holla Forums

I'd rather not dive into this discussion, but what do you consider as solid gunplay and solid graphics?

Dubs

It is not meant to be a game. It is meant to be propaganda.

Yeah, I also hate games with so much politics in them.

This word doesn't mean shit, it's for the lazy who can't argue about why they like a feature
With the popularity of Las of us, uncharted and life is strange? Yes, that's what the average gamer want, not the dude bro kind, but the nerd who think games need to considered art to be respected, so they need to be focused on the story and lose almost all interactivity and challenge

IT ISNT VIDEO GAMES

ITS LEFTY PROPAGANDA

IT ISNT VIDEO GAMES

ITS LEFTY PROPAGANDA

IT ISNT VIDEO GAMES

ITS LEFTY PROPAGANDA

IT ISNT VIDEO GAMES

ITS LEFTY PROPAGANDA

IT ISNT VIDEO GAMES

ITS LEFTY PROPAGANDA

IT ISNT VIDEO GAMES

ITS LEFTY PROPAGANDA

IT ISNT VIDEO GAMES

ITS LEFTY PROPAGANDA

IT ISNT VIDEO GAMES

ITS LEFTY PROPAGANDA

IT ISNT VIDEO GAMES

ITS LEFTY PROPAGANDA

IT ISNT VIDEO GAMES

ITS LEFTY PROPAGANDA

IT ISNT VIDEO GAMES

ITS LEFTY PROPAGANDA

IT ISNT VIDEO GAMES

ITS LEFTY PROPAGANDA

IT ISNT VIDEO GAMES

ITS LEFTY PROPAGANDA

IT ISNT VIDEO GAMES

ITS LEFTY PROPAGANDA

IT ISNT VIDEO GAMES

ITS LEFTY PROPAGANDA

IT ISNT VIDEO GAMES

ITS LEFTY PROPAGANDA

When people say it's solid, they mean it works fine and has average quality at worst, faggot.

It exists and it's decent. It's not great, but it isn't even bad, let alone shit. It's not a fucking buzzword.

The guns sound nice, they have satisfying kickback, the animations look nice, they turn enemies into wet gibs, the blood splatter and decals look nice, what else do you want me to explain.

Dunno, but simple FPS games where players just shoot at stuff like CSGO and Player Unknown are still the most popular.

"Lefty" isn't the half of it. It's pro-white genocide.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein is miles better.

They should've remade it with the new gunplay, or just follow the design principles.

But without padding cutscenes, the game would be just 3 hours long.

I've watched that 'game movie' out of boredom, though it contained several lengthy bits of gameplay, so this comparison wouldn't be entirely accurate

Fuck off.

I've been playing it for 3 days and still haven't finished it, definitely longer than that for me, but I do all the side quests.

RTCW's gunplay is pretty horrible today and nothing special back then. I mean, comparing it to the likes of Soldier of Fortune 1 and 2 and CoD 1 just pales it. I don't know why, but it just feels stiff and dull compared to those other games. Something to do with the lack of gore and animation response maybe.

Fuck off

What?

It's Wolfenkike 2, it doesn't have ANY gameplay

Sad

Pardon my dumb ass, I meant to link to this video
hooktube.com/watch?v=raOKlc546q0

Just look at 54:18. That's no cutscene being played, and the whole game movie is filled with bits like that. You can't just use the full length of such a video as evidence that that is the full length of all cutscenes in the game when more accurate videos exist. You don't need to make up shit to prove your point.

I want reddit to leave.

Thats even worse. Gameplay is even more cut-up.

In 2016, shills had to convince you a game was fun. In 2017, shills have to convince you that it's actually a game.

I mean, how many of these games have cutscenes and scripted sequences? Maybe only AC:O, and people only play the MP mode. How can devs not grasp this.

Just ignore that guy.

My opinion too.

FUCK (((KIKENALD BLAMPF))) AND FUCK (((WH*TE))) """"PEOPLE"""

Oh look, OP is still here to shill some more.

True, I'm paid $0.05 per post so just let's make this quick.

Those are MP games. SP FPS without cinematics haven't been popular for over a decade

Because almost nobody makes it anymore. FarCry and FO4 aren't heavy on the cinematic, and they sell really quite well.

FO4 only sells because its Bethesda.

I blame the bourgeoisie.

(^:

Wow really!?
Sounds awesome, i am really interested now, going to buy a copy of it asap
yeah sure. nice try though.

I have no problem with FPS games having cutscenes as long as they aren't over 5 minutes.

Doom 4 got storytelling in FPS right by not letting it get in the way of the gameplay. It's mostly told through npc voiceovers and logs that you find along the way and you don't have to read them if you don't want to.

The ResetEra forums told me that the game is supposed to be a stealth game.

I don't get it. How can you have fun in a stealth game when just killing everything is an option?

The only thing solid was the shit I've taken today, gunplay, graphics and soundtrack were all fucking trash.
>>>/suicide/

What exactly is solid gunplay anyways?

They were probably talking about some of idtech's earlier games where they planned on making a stealth game, but for some reason, changed their direction and made another fps game.

It is this but in video game form.

and another ws2 thread

Don't know about The Old Blood or the New Colossus, but The New Order had top-tier art direction. Gameplay was also great, albeit the level design was pretty weak.