Literally Japans answer to dark souls and boy is it the most of all time

PC RELEASE OUT
Port is barebone but not bad at all.

Other urls found in this thread:

infogalactic.com/info/List_of_legendary_creatures_from_Japan
rgho.st/7WGmRJhCK
puu.sh/ykMl5/fbb7d83043.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I am ashamed to say i stuck in first location. I'l go kill myself.

What did she mean by this?

so far I'm on the third bit of land and just beat the spider in OP

Gotta say its got a lot easier once I got a feel for it.

The most what of all time ? Because it's not the best I can't believe it's not dork souls. RNG loot and shit level design takes care of that. That said, it definitely pushes a lot of my buttons and might be my personal GOTY. Translation's kinda americanized though.
I do hope Tokugawa's kept reasonably neutral. I've had enough Sengoku Basara for one lifetime.

Is the port well optimized?

I'l go rate it terribly on steam.

STATE OF YOUR INVENTORY SYSTEM, MATE

Best reviews for you guys.

Dumb asian dark souls ripoff

What the hell is "normative people"

Reddit

Kusarigama is fun

DA43DD8B4B3D3511AD6D370FEAFBA47DC1588B9D

To newbies starting with spear, put your first 3 points into Spear Shove and learn to love it.
Its your cheapest/safest guard breaker and you'll be spamming it forever until you decide to become the parry god.

What

you know what you must do if you're so grand

Man, this is great. Just a fun action game that seems really well thought out. There are so many different systems and techniques in the game that you always learn new things to try. And I love the interactions with youkai, like mimicking the badger youkai and he'll be your friend. Only gripe is the devs new everyone would want the female skins so they made them cost a gorillion rep. Also after doing some co op for fun it seems real easy to start over leveling.

By the way guys. If you do the threaten gesture at the hidden wall monsters.
They apologize, bow and disappear without a fight. They also leave loot.

Does the online features add more to the game? I pirated it and want to buy it after I get Resident evil 4

Co OP and PvP, and some online stuff about battling clans I haven't figured out. And I think you can only change your skin with the online on.

Not quite. Each wall monster reacts differently to a particular type of gesture each time, with one type being the "correct" gesture. You get about two chances before it gets pissed off and attacks.

HA HA HA.

So how does co-op work?
say I wanna farm umi what would be the best way to do this

Go to the Torii gate from the starting point, select random encounter with condition set to that mission, and hope you get invoked,

I fucking dreamed about headshotoing human enemies with rifles, too bad. Old rifles and muskets are my secret /k/ fetish and I just can't stand with the thumbpad aiming.

Pro-tips:
All the human bosses can be cheesed by spear mid stance heavy attack and backing off. Alternatively, Odachi high stance light attack heavy attack combo breaks their guard usually
If you're having trouble with dying and health management, look into some of the ninja and omyo abilities. Ninjas have a jutsu that lets you survive dying while omyo have a skill that lets you recharge health over time. Both of these are rechargeable by going to shrines
You get skill points by using weapons and leveling up certain stats so it actually doesn't matter all that much if you invested in a weapon and want to use a different one
Learn KI pulse, it's the most important mechanic in the game
And finally git gud

Brilliant. I mean I can't reasonably expect a game based on William Adams to side with Ishida, but how bad does it get?

For

Even Dark Souls 1 port allowed you to do THE MOST BASIC OF THINGS.
Fucking jews.
I'll wait for the inevitable patch/fix and pirate the fuck out of this game.
Tecmo won't see a cent of mine.

Anglos BTFO once again

Decided to buy it for reasons, wanted to transfer my pirate save to the purchased game. It errors that this save is for a different user. Anyone know of a way to hack the save so that it works?

You are the cancer.

So what I'm planning to do is create a couple of accounts via family share, then compare the saves via hex editor. If I can find the line that changes between accounts I can copy that over from my main account onto the pirate save

You might as well given your information about that to the dev. The pirate save openly has "CODEX" as a name of the player. Its either you hex edit the save for your own name, or wait till save editor will be made.

If you could play the pirate game from very beginning, in steam_emu.ini file you could register your own steam name when starting new game. This could helped to swap saves. But since you haven't done it your only choice is hex editing.

On the other hand it has strange options like the possibility to auto-pause the game on alt+tab. I can't imagine it being a holdover from the bloodborne box, so that's a strange order of priorities.

Right, team ninja priorities.

Also Nvidia has some bullshit photo mode for this game, you ATi guys don't have it? Its called Ansel or something. This is first time i see it in games. Is this new for Nioh or a feature of latest nvidia drivers? I can't even take a screenshot of the menu.

But it allows to stop the game completely and make cinematic shots and shit like on consoles.

You can change keybindings; it just doesn't change the icons, which gets really confusing.

SUCCESS

All I had to do was copy over the first 3 lines from the "legit" save into the pirate save

pic related

Should i ever be allowed to pause though? Seems like this is now my only way to pause the game, by enabling shitty photo mode.

All AMD installed with my drivers was an optimizer program. I don't really need it but it did come in handy for witcher 3 which was notoriously rigged against AMD stuff.

You can legit pause by going into the menu and then pressing start.

press select then start

Oh, okay, thanks.

I think I might have 0ed out my Glory doing it this way. I probably copied over something I shouldn't have, but at least I have my progress

Yep, lost almost 2000 Glory points, but my name DID change. The pirate version I was using (fitgirl repack) was initialized to "player".

Just chillin with my friend here.

Ow, that hurts.

Yes, Koei tecmo finally got their shit together and did a decent port, performance is really good on almost any rig and i am 1 crash on more than 20 hours of gameplay

can i transfer my pirated saves if I buy the game..

Someone just did that here

No, you have to hex edit.

Good for you, user.

Honestly even nips in this game look european'ish up close.

Looking forward to it after I'm done with Witcher 3. Though I might take a break from swords, magic and monsters for a bit. I'll have to see. The alphas and betas didn't grab me too much though, despite me loving Dark Souls and Onimusha.

Careful, those aren't comparable at all.

Not like every samurai during that century was Jomon.

I'm aware of that, its just that I was/am playing the Witcher series when Nioh released.

Onis bleed orange juice.

Why though? When do I get a cool new light/medium set? Just beat the blob.

For a light armor set you could farm the adept ninja training

There should also be the tactitions set from act 1 you can craft

It's one of these games huh.
Also I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get behind this door in the sub mission with the canons in Chugoku.

Well he is shown to be a complete asshole time and time again. It's just that Kelley is far, far worse.

So you can get your vitamin C, for Carnage

I suppose I would enjoy this story more if I knew shit about Japan history and what these yokai demon things are

Like outside my SMT knowledge I don't know shit

oh man i guess i ctrl+f "pirated" instead of "pirate".. i think i'll go buy it

if it's as easy as changing 3 lines that'd be great; I don't want to replay the first 2 regions..

Oh great, it just unlocked. I have to say, the light dashes and shinobi gear really make me feel like I'm playing Ninja Gaiden again. Without jumping that is.

You can return there right?

Kind of stupid question but can you turn off helmets during cutscenes? I like their design but I want to watch William's facial animations and I've noticed that you can turn them off outright but not in this specific instance.
Also, does this grill show up at all after her introduction? She called me a faggot and now she only talks to me via menus.

There's a button to view country map, which lets you select any region you've been to even if you shouldn't be able to go there for story reasons. The only mission you can't seem to repeat at any time is the prologue. X by default with an xbox controller (would be square on a playstation one)

I can work with that. If you're going to portray Sekigahara as the forces of light versus dark, at least focus all the devilish silliness on a OC baddie.

Yeah, I'm noticing the game expects you to know a lot of shit about Japan. Most of the characters are historical name drops, and they don't explain you shit because why don't know all about the sengoku era, you filthy gaijin? The yokai are cool when they are based on actual stuff like the tengu, the nurikabe (coolest depiction I've seen yet) and the karakasa obake, but I think a lot of them are just generic monsters. They definitely could use some kind of glossary, I haven't found one but maybe I missed it.

If you really like light armor then you are probably going to go Red Demon. Like everyone else does early in the game. Later on you can wear Harvy Birdman's edgelord armor.

infogalactic.com/info/List_of_legendary_creatures_from_Japan
READ NIGGA READ

There is sort of one in the amrita memories tab.

This is actually a little informative about the background of the game.

I still laugh at it.

How early do you mean for Red Demon, because as far as I can tell I haven't come across the missions for it yet and I'm halfway through the third region

Oh thanks, I wouldn't have noticed that myself.

on the second floor of the boat there's a part of the floor that breaks if you stand on it, theres a kodama, a chest and a big skeleton warrior in there.

You won't come across it in missions but you should start seeing it in revenant drops. It's actually not all that difficult to farm directly from the source once you get there.

Other than the skeletons most everything else is based on an actual youkai although Nioh puts it's own particular spin on a lot of them.

Fucking PC "gaymers", I just want my 200 toughness.

WotW and Red Demon are going to be fucking everywhere until the later levels.

Don't you already have the Raikiri smithing text?

go back to 4cuckz

well yes and no.. it depends on your style
if you block a lot you will want heavy armor because it reduces ki used for block

so far I am using 4 pieces raging bull, 2 pieces wotw, and the raging bull spirit for 20% more effective block..
but yeah 3 hits pretty much kills me as well, though I haven't leveled life a lot.. i have like 10-13 points in it

I'm using Odachi/Kusarigama, but I was still wondering why nobody's using it. It's arguably the best choice for NG progression.

I remember the Red Demon set, but I think nobody was using WotW beyond the second area on PS4.

Been enjoying the game and trying to go in blind, but I am looking for a bit of gear advice. My weapons are odachi main and twirly sticks offhand with a build focused on melee. Should I gear up with heavy armor or stick with medium armor like I have been doing so far? Character is low 40s and at the third world map for reference.

Seems like it; my knowledge of the subject is pretty limited at the end of the day.
Also I was pretty disappointed by their depiction of the umibôzu, a big part of what made this monster is the simple, almost comical appearance made mysterious and threatening by its size and the fact it's right in the middle of the sea. Turning it into a blob is kind of missing the point I think.
It's the only one I've got any problem with though, the yokai are otherwise pretty neat.

Serpent Strike+Foot Sweep+Final Blow=dead revenant. It's actually TOO easy. I also switch to an Odachi for the final blow since the kusarigama damage is kind of low for that.

And for Youkai, I just spam low power attacks. The low power attack combo with the Kusarigama is actually its most damaging combo AND it applies elemental status reliably in a single combo. I have a lightning Kusarigama, so that means enemy attacks are drastically slowed.

Thanks for making me opt out of a retardedly useful skill, tooltip writer.

It's for all weapons yes, but there should be a separate one for each stance

Important piece of information:
You can leg sweep little skeletons with kusa or spear.

You basically single-handedly win the war for Tokugawa, and he gets all the credit for it

I wouldn't be surprised if you could leg sweep the big ones too, but you can't drag them to you, which also happens to stun them long enough to leg sweep, hence the combo

As long as you get your waifu back

Yeah, and I feel like every characters is just babbling some nonsense about china instead of real story.

You defiantly can't leg sweep the big ones but if you serpent strike them right as they are about to do their big overhead axe slam then you will rocket pass them and end up behind them, usually with no damage.

PS4 has a suspend feature so it's kinda similar.

You know what's sad? When you actually make few nioh screenshots with Nvidia Ansel, and your GPU stops responding, because it overheated from making screenshot with that feature.
Mfw nvidia.

The game has a bestiary, character directory, and summary for those who don't know Japanese history and the historical figures.

Why are these red? Do the bonuses not work in increments? Do I need to use the sword too?

I believe you need a certain amount of points in a stat in order to activate particular set bonuses, but it's been a while since I played.

The stat requirements are at the bottom of the weapon's info page

And all Holla Forums did was take the dark souls bait

Fuck, Body is two points too low. Thanks.

So jap history is the main story of the game? And they do it with a straight face?

Compared to DS ports this is amazing port really.

Werks on my machine

Yeah, Tecmo Koei makes the Nobunaga's Ambition and Samurai Warriors games ironically.

Ni-Oh means "benevolent king".

This is why smithing texts are so important, at least for armor.
When you craft armor yourself the stat requirements are drastically lower.

Damn, this is a good feature. Its like reverse of what Elex did, where stat requirements gone up 10 points when you upgrade equipment.

It's less important with weapons since they don't have stat requirements but there are still forge bonuses that can't be reforged onto an item. You can only get it when the item is first forged or dropped.
Of course being able to make purple or green tier equipment on demand is a good bonus even on it's own.

use greenshot to take screenshots.

Does PC get best armor?

I noticed there was an upgrade for bare hands in the one of the weapon trees. I think it was the kusarigama. How viable is an unarmed build?

I was confused by this since I just couldn't find it in the amrita memories, but it turns out it's only accessible on the world map for some reason.

There are set bonuses that increase bare handed attack damage substantially (iirc) and there's a powerful bare-handed parry that you can use on human sword-wielders, but outside of those I doubt it'd be viable. Apart from the attacks being very slow, you can't ki pulse when unarmed, which really kills it.

One of the best things about Nioh is the build variety, though. Pretty much anything else you can think of is viable.

There's a running upgrade for for bare handed damage (as well as one for ranged and for melee) at the bottom of all the weapon trees. There's also a specific barehanded upgrade in the ninjutsu tree and a barehanded attack called composure. There's also a self buff called talasman of the fist under either ninja or onmyo.

How does this game expect me to stick with dual swords when it keeps handing me stupid good single swords?
I already respeced once

It's also great to have all the ninja tools thanks to dexterity.

Soulmatching.

There are some really good dual swords out there. There's even one that applies two elements at once.

that is a bit annoying, you'd think that with a loot system like this, you'd get the option to at least pick from several quest rewards.. 90% swords so far

Honestly I just go with whatever best weapon the game gives me at any given point. It's been mostly swords, odachis and axes, with a kusarigama at the spider level. The base movesets are good enough that I don't feel the need to specialize in fancy comboes yet.

Frostbite be damned, I'd still put my dick in it.

I put up my first full 7-part set that I love so much it's hard to let go as the levels go up. Should I just keep them up with soul matching or do you get higher tier versions of the full sets with bonuses?

This is where I am right now. And trick for evading the spike barrage?

Running sideways was enough for me, but I have light gear.

It failed a few times so I gave up one that. Not sure why it didn't work. Have light armor + ninja set and the ninjutsu speed passive.

user, this is not a man that you want to try to cuck.

Warrior of the West?
You can always go back and fight who ever you got it from when you've leveled up some to try to get higher tier. Equipment drop % on armor or accessories and bonuses to luck help in that regard.
Once you get the smithing text just spend spirit iron or divine fragments when you forge to get the best tier.
Honestly soul matching is a wast of money unless you are working with divine or higher tier equipment.
You can also directly raise the tier level of a piece of equipment by going to the abyss and defiling the piece and hope for a good reroll.

Oda did nothing wrong

Nah, Head of the Iga Ninja. Although I assume Warrior of the West is pretty good heavier armor since pretty much all the Revenants seem to wear it.

I love shitting out a non-stop stream of shuriken.

No Idea what I was doing. It just worked. 20 tries before and now I beat her on the first. Went so fast she didn't even use her grapple.

I actually play much more stealthier and use more consumables and Ninjutsu than I would need to outside of bosses because it's actually fun. Nice to have bigger arsenal for that than just basic dex shit such as backstabs and throwing knives.

Oh yeah that's a relatively easy set to farm.
It's one of the best early sets that you can get relatively easily and it stays good as you progress and there's the revenant snowballing issue too. There's also the fact that the set looks great and it was the first set bonus set introduced in the demos so I imagine that is some emotional attachment to the set to.

Wait untill you get the OTHER ninja set and can get a literal nonstop stream of suriken.

I know that feel. I hardly ever saw anyone run with Kaido or Niggayoshi's sets either.

are there any mods for Nioh yet?

p. good

Tower or the part afterwards?
if the part afterwards then same, spent like 3 hours in that fucking shitty place only to realise a small path around the back

Does the PC version have all the DLC?

its missing some exclusive items they couldnt get the rights for from PS release though, kinda like the beserk items from Dragons Dogma

Might have to check it out then. Pretty much the only reason I'd give Nioh a minus is the lack of content (or to be exact, too much re-used content and levels).

Is there anything wrong with wearing Heavy Armour? My stamina and Strength put me at a B agilty rating and I love that against dual kat cucks, they cant even break me

Not really, no. You'll be a bit slower than A rating players but you'll be tougher. Some modifiers on weapons even improve your attack depending on how heavy or light your equipment is.

Like what?

Nope not a bit if you can manage a high enough agility. You can usually get to A agility if you swap the helmet for something else if you don't need the complets set bonus or if you have that special item equipped.
Just wait until you see the 2kat heavy armor set.

200 Toughness is the magic mark where you can poise through most lighter attacks. It's possible to stay at green encumbrance (

And this little piece of armor is a good way to make it to 200 toughness.

That one's a very specific drop, and iirc, there's no smithing text for it either, right?

Are Tonfa good? I think this is the first game I've played that have Tonfa as an option, but all I've ever found is Redwood Tonfa and I usually end up using my Kusarigama once I start getting my shit pushed in.

I love that one and all the other black/red/gold sets that are available late game, they all go really well together.

Ah yeah I had some warrior monk stuff I picked up mixed in with my regular stuff earlier on, although I'm still on my first playthrough

Apparently
Nioh Armor
Golden Nioh Armor
Sanada(First Set)
Dragon's Visitor Kabuto
Fox Kabuto
Tanuki Kabuto

Although I ripped this from a reddit post couldnt find any info on it elsewhere yet but I know I saw some official word on it before

Every famous person they introduce has enough info about them that you'd need to know from their introductory and spirit cutscenes. All the Sengoku stuff is meant as the backdrop for William's quest rather than the quest itself. Also there's a ton of extra info for all the Yokai and characters in the game, just in the menu.

Locked behind "Kill enemy 5 times" shit though.

Not unless they added it to the abyss I don't think so.
On the plus side it's relatively easy to get it from the mini boss that one mission since it's just him on the bridge well him and a tengu on higher difficulties. Getting the drop at a high rarity might take some farming though.

The hell? They even gave that to Sanada as a drop for everyone in the final DLC.

Don't worry. You'll be killing them far more than 5 times before it's all over.

Wow, is it time for shitposting already?

Just do some co op

Sounds like someone's left a little iodized from getting shigeshige'd.

How bad is it that it took me 20 attempts to kill the boss on the ship in the beginning? I only won in the end because I finally summoned someone to help me.

Become proficient. You're gonna have a hell of a time fighting the next boss.

Pretty bad, since they nerfed the fight almost completely from the betas. But it's one of the least fun fights in the game anyway due to the enclosed space and the hitboxes for the chainballs are a bit wonky.

Don't worry about it user you'll get plenty of rematches with him.

The angle in which the Onryoki throws his iron balls in phase two is a bit bullshit, considering their damage, but you should get used to the timing and just use your iframes.
You will completely redefine the meaning of "bullshit" once you get to the DLC bosses
Especially 2kat pirate and Lady Maria of the Amrita Storehouse

That's great though. It incentivizes playing more to learn more.

All his attacks are easy to dodge if you aren't greedy. The only thing that might take you off guard is the jumping ground pound. Just roll through him instead of back.

You are going to be the next rape victim of the second boss if you don't get used to the game.

The timing is always exactly the same with his ball throws, it needs to be accurate to actually pose a threat, and it used to be even more accurate.

You can be much greedier if you use Ki Pulse, and stuff like his spin is blockable. That's pretty much what the fight wants of you, to learn how to use Ki Pulse to do maximum damage and still be more than capable of dashing out or blocking.

The game is not that great to be honest, i'd much rather replay DaS than keep playing this.

In all seriousness if you're having trouble with Oni-sempai then use slow inflecting abilities until you get the hang of things.

And I thought I was bad taking 3 attempts
Good luck with the next boss :^)

Also fuck centipede worst fucking boss in the game, not hard just obnoxious

Those are more of a crutch than anything, Onryoki and Hinoenma are important for learning the basics of the flow of combat, skipping that shouldn't be encouraged or really possible.

There's another boss towards the end of the base game that I would consider to be more obnoxious than the centipede.

I have some questions about respec books. Is there another source than buying them from tea shop or blacksmith that is also infinite? Does the price for the blacksmith reach a cap or does the item sell out?

I beat centipede first try, what's so wrong with him?

Which one? I also thought centipede was the most annoying fight due to the area design and poison fumes.

Who /multicultural/ here

well so did I but he barely gives you any maneuver room on solo, moves inside himself to attack you which is the most bullshit and its boring having to keep running up top to turn off the poison

just badly crafted in general

I thought Gasha-dokuro was more boring than fun to fight than the centipede.

Meant annoying instead of boring.

Oh yeah, I actually forgot about it since it was such a boring fight.

Im having trouble with the vampire chick, Im usually dead before I can even react because the cunt stunlocks me

Get some antiparalytic needles or resistance talismans, or alternatively just avoid her scream.

Stay pretty close and bait here to do moves like the umbrella combo, dodge and punish.

If you get hit you can block faster than you can dodge. The only stunlock is if she paralyses you, which you can cure or avoid easily. She's much slower than she looks and you're much faster than you think.

bring paralysis needles for them, farm arrows for a bow and fire at her in the air for massive ki damage and get in some free heavy strikes.
Finally just summon someone you nigger if you cant do it

Team Ninja knew damn well what that feature was going to be used for

speaking of that is there an easy way to farm glory? the ninja lady is fucking 90k.

At it's worst it's not as bad as centipede because you can basically start the fight when ever you want, where as you always have to work you way through the mines to fight the centipede. You can also finish Gash much faster if you can do enough damage and you have several avenues of attack. That fucking centipede constantly cycles so even if you come back at a later at a higher level he still ends up running away once or twice before you can finish him.

you get way more glory NG+ apparently, Best I can farm at the moment is around 100 max
You could also get an easy clan and dump shit into them

There's a shortcut right from the shine to him with no enemies.

Did the port get patched? I heard it has some issues with crashing.

Entering the world as a visitor is always an amazing experience, you're basically signing yourself up for failure, and I love it.
About 90% of these result in failure, every time you go in you can expect that the host will die from something. You can make your own bingo card to try to guess which way will he die. And I love watching these Warrior of The West/ Red Demon fags try to take on revenants by themselves.

The spiders in the cave get them every single time.

At least i got a refund.

26 hours in and no crash.

It's sad how little I make it to the boss with the invoker. And they don't realize that is they enter the boss room without me I'll just be teleported there.

No I mean when you start the stage from scratch.
You can drop into Gash's pit in less than a minute after starting that level if you decide to ignore the three crystals.

i play using only 1 weapon (odachi)
am i missing a lot

I've started switching up so I can get more skill points from proficiency to dump into my favorite weapons, since later in the game the

In a sense. You only start getting "good" Odachi postgame in the DLCs. The other weapons have special variants sprinkled throughout the game, except for tonfa. But play how you want.

Fucking candlejack strikes agai

You're missing the fun of using all the other weapons, and you'll eventually want to increase proficiency with them all so you get the skill points.

Just block bro

I got the bitch in the end but whoever thought delayed telegraphing and homing 360 combos were a good idea needs to be brought behind the barn and shot

Can you parry KI skills?

The gaming is only beginning, Umibozu was my favorite challenge early in the game, hope you'll like that fight.

glory becomes easy to farm in the late game and in NG+ cycles

best way for getting glory is the final mission, you have mandatory npc companions and you can just face roll all the revs in the area and the mission usually have a lot of deaths so more revs for you to kill

The spin is easy to dodge though, you can either space it out since you can dash in and out extremely quickly, or just dodge through her if up close. She has a lot of tracking because you can move so quickly and block/dodge it all. This is the fight where you were meant to learn all that, she's very much fair.

Same here. I've been trying different weapons but only commited to using dual blades. I have like 20 Skill so Tonfas would probably do well, but I also find a shitton of good katanas.

I always thought she was like an easier version of church Alma in NG, although in Nioh you die from fewer hits.

Worth buying the game for the multiplayer?

because it wasn't worth it in Dark Souls, that's for sure.

If I get hit should I immediately hold block? I'm programmed from Souls to spam dodge to avoid the next hit but I just get stunlocked.

Yes, you can block before you can dodge, so unless you know it would guard break you and that another attack would be coming afterwards, you should be blocking. You gotta kill a lot of your Souls habits to really get good and enjoy the combat in this game.

Pretty sure you can use spacewar trick for it.

Blocking somewhat hinders your dodge but in general its fine to block. But dodge here is so fast, cost almost nothing and range is huege.

If you didn't like dark souls' multiplayer you're sure as fuck not gonna like nioh's, cause it's basically the same.

any guide?
already added the game to steam but I don't get where I have to change the app Id

rgho.st/7WGmRJhCK
Try this however unsafe.

I'd rather not use files that were made by an anonymous user on a weeb board, even if there is no executable
I just want a guide or something

What do you get for helping randoms anyway?

Nioh doesn't have invasions like Dark Souls. Instead, you can fight AI controlled copies of players who died on your level. The main benefit is that you can get copies of their exact equipment, which is nice because it's far easier than grinding for that equipment yourself, plus it's a fast way to farm purples for your own crafting needs.

It's also worth noting that you can only change clans (available in region 3) while online. If you can't play online you are stuck with your clan choice forever, and they have some pretty significant passive buffs to choose from.

I'm not sure I'm going to touch coop or pvp myself, but between that and the fact I'd been playing it nonstop for 3 days I figured it was worth it.

Those spiders with their instant-kill drop-grab are pretty bullshit, but revanents are easy as fuck.

There is a pvp mode, but it doesn't function like DS. You join an arena and can choose to either have everyone use a stock set or their normal gear.

I said it doesn't have invasions, I didn't say it didnt have PVP

Just
shoot them from the ceiling, you can see them too, it's not like they're cloaked or something. Or use enemy sense, pretty sure there's a one skill point talisman for that.

Use these files. Thats it, whole guide. And I havent made them, but source is not that trustworthy either. I guess, dont use it with your main steam acc. Actually I havent even tried them because I dont really want it right now.
Btw dll are exactable files.

Sure, but so far William's quest is pretty much comprised of just two things.

So the Sengoku stuff is kind of all that's left. And true, there is sufficient info in the menu when accessed from the world map. Still, you kinda have to know all this stuff beforehand to enjoy all the references. Which I do, immensely. Going to Honnô-ji which has frozen over and is implied to house the spirit of Nobunaga is the shit.
I just have to consider the position of anons for whom all of this is completely meaningless.

I have to admit I find the waifu story much more appealing since she isn't 3dpd

Because one dark souls series wasn't bad enough.

Someone didn't upgrade his BODY.

Body was the first thing I upgraded

Glory, amrita, gold, and whatever equipment you pick up.

Is every difficult encounter going to be complete horseshit or is there a way to have fun while fighting? That batcunt was ridiculous, the only thing I could do was 1hit then back off repeatedly, and these Oni hit like trucks and if I dare not cheese them I die in a single combo.

It's essential to get the upgrade that "lets you use ki pulse even when dodging". What it actually does is that your dodge activates the pulse, drastically improving your stamina and mobility. I had trouble with the game and had to hit and run until I got it, pretty much.

Remember, anons!
Weapons equipped in your secondary slots count toward set bonuses, even if you're not holding them!

You should try rolling in to their attacks so you can get behind them.

At the first boss (the one on the boat). Am I supposed to be getting killed in 2 hits? I'm wearing the best armor I've found so far and have put a few points into +Life.

I have continued to use de Odachi and having a blast.
And that Tengu boss from a side mision (the one you fight where you fought the Umi-bozu) committed sudoku when it tried to charge at me from the air and I was standing in a part with no handrails, so he just… dived into the ocean and I got the mission complete, gotta admit that I was confused for a second and then got a laugh out of it.

best part of that is that even a tactical rock throw can shatter their horns so you can go full heavy combo while they are on the ground

what I did was essentially kiting her ass while chipping away her health in low stance 2 hits at a time
roll into their attacks
hit the horns, follow up a low stance combo

Yeah, in terms of damage you take, Nioh is less dark souls and more Ninja Gaiden. You're always at risk of being killed in two or three attacks, with a substantial stagger limited your ability to dodge out of a chain.

Heavy armor is mostly here to mitigate stamina damage when you block. A design hard to wrap your head around coming from souls games.

Is that queelag?

Best girls:
Fuku
Ginchiyo
Yuki Onna

There's an extremely easy way of beating her involving the guardian spirit/moment talisman that is useful when re-fighting the boss on higher difficulties or in the twilight missions. If you hit her with the talisman with some spirits like suzaku or that wind bird that you get at the beginning of the game it causes her to drop immediately and opens her up to a barrage, you can then rinse and repeat.

Sprint away from her at an angle and use the Kusarigama high stance strong attack after she whiffs an attack.

I have yet to meet anything that this doesn't work on.

Yes. Took me an embarrassingly long time to learn that.

how do set bonuses work i'm still just using the mariner shit and not getting hit

Odachi is good for guard breaks and reach. Not sure how it compares to an axe though

The more pieces of a particular set that you have equiped the more bonuses you get.

Lying is a sin, you know.

Odachi is for humans, axe is for youkai.

So… if I have a full set of pirate armor, just throw it on, and somehow magic happens that does grants effects? Is that all there is?

Not at all. The armor pieces have to have the name of a set bonus listed as an effect. "Regular" armor pieces like the pirate armor won't get the armor set ability until you encounter the ethereal variety.

Not all "related" armor pieces will be part of a set.

If a piece of armor is part of a set, it'll have that in its list of skills/effects.

Is heavy armor + rifle build viable? Spear as melee.

So until I find armor with some kind of set bonus in the listed effects, just run around in the mariner armor and don't get hit? Cool.

Basically. Although pirate armor is a "generic" armor type and doesn't have a set bonus unless it's ethereal. You do get a benefit from wearing pirate armor while in clan Murakami though.
Set bonuses are linked to specific sets of armor.
You can actually take advantage of multiple (lower level) set bonuses at once by wearing mixed armor and weapons. Having that special magatama makes doing that much easier.

Yes. Git gud
You typically get armor sets by killing human bosses. They'll drop a "forging text" that'll let you make their armor at the Blacksmith.

I'll just keep using the kusarigami instead, it seems a lot easier than actually gitting gud.

Yes. You can get better armor by killing Revenants, most times.

Kusarigama is easy mode but it's still a fun weapon to use.

Some types of armor have built in effects that always appears on those types of armor. This sort of bridges the gap between generic armors and true set bonus armor.
For example the three onmyo armors will always have casting speed up on the head pieces.

It what world does modern day England have knights and people with crossbows running around the tower of London?

You aren't even using the kusarigama to its fullest potential. You can use the high stance strong to pull in enemies or jump to him, let off a light attack combo or use a weapon skill and then pull back.

ALSO REMEMBER GUYS YOU CAN GET SPECIAL HELMS FROM CERTAIN REVENANTS.
This is just a sampling.
Remember not to sell them.

What, you mean up close? Where they can hit me with weapons? Fuck that, dude. I don't want sharp bits inside my body, I want a one-sided fight where only my attacks are allowed to land.

Well I am enjoying the game.

So I take it Mitsunari's a boss then.

All of the weapons are pretty neat, but I think Katanas are the most "fun" weapons. I haven't tried Tonfas enough to make a judgement (I dropped the game because I got a bit burnt out on it), but they look pretty good too.

Sorta jealous as a PS4 player, the music sure doesn't have an impact.

He's the realist nigga yo. He didn't deserve this shit. Fuck Kelley.

Better than dying while hiding in a bush.

The road from here is long young samurai but it is one that wishes to be walked.

I went from the katana to the tonfas and I really enjoy them. The gunsticks are probably my favorite version of them.

I always did despise how Tokugawa essentially bought his army from under him at Sekigahara

But MUH BONDS and MUH PATIENCE.

Also I guess the Nioh version is more MUH BURDEN.

Odachi break value is more than double any other weapon save for an Axe, which is MUCH slower. It also has several dedicated break abilities.

Which ones and do they show in cutscenes?

Equipment should show in cutscenes, as for which ones I don't know specifically, but developer-made/offline revenants will have their names in red, instead of white.

Finally managed to get shadowplay to work, here's my second attempt at the spider waifu, criticize my longass boss kill
Also I totally saved my living weapon for the ending and not because I had forgotten that I had it :^(
puu.sh/ykMl5/fbb7d83043.webm

Ah, didn't know that.
I know the skins swaps dont show up even though it'd be hilarious so I thought i'd ask. If I can't make my character look cool, I'll make them look ridiculous instead.

Yeah, spears are way better.

Don't forget the public's favorite MUH PEACE even though he was the one who threw Japan back into the shit by deciding to take over the Toyotomi line.

Is it worth respeccing to suit a set? I've found that the Iga Jonin almost perfectly suits what I've got already minus the fact that I'm using an odachi instead of a katana with my kusarigama.

Yeah it's fine, they're relatively cheap later in the game and you sometimes get them as quest rewards.

Respec starts at 10k and goes up to 1 million. Maybe at end game that's cheep but you can't do it too often.

That said, respecing to sword is probably a good idea anyway. Sword gives you a good damage dealer for bosses especially. Odachi is kind of meh

Lock on + High stance is the only way to use Odachi properly.

Some cutscenes remove the head piece to show William's face but others don't. Otherwise all cutscenes show your equipment.
I know this particular scene shows your headpiece because I was wearing the fucking Nue mask at the time.

How are you meant to kill him? I forgot that I have a ranged weapon until after the fight, so I assume you were meant to shoot in-between the pincers?

Good to know. I suppose the best builds utilise a full set?

I just went up and down the largest ladder and did drop attacks. The head seemed to be a weak point but given that he does damage by simply brushing his head against you I stayed away.

The best builds utilize multiple sets at once.

Haven't played this yet, how are katanas/single swords?

king

They are really good at doing damage and have some pretty good moves

That's another reason I don't like that boss it doesn't communicate well how you are suppose to tackle him. No other boss has that problem.
What you're suppose to do is attack his butt first since his last segment produces poison gas. This causes half of his body to skitter away from him and breaks his stamina. Then after he gets up he runs away into one of the big holes in the arena and comes back out with all the segments attached. Rinse, repeat.
He's basically just the eater of worlds only he can put himself back together.

Or you just stand on top of the platforms where the poison doesn't reach and spam attack at all his segments and heal occasionally. He doesn't even hit hard

They have some of the best parrying skills. Skills like Iai and Night Rain can destroy most enemies with buffs/debuffs.

Huh, I knew you could cut him in half, but he never went into a hole for me. He'd just always chase me around no matter how long he had been missing all his ass pieces. I ended up just tanking the first love tap as he chases you, then wailing on him while he was reeled up trying to spit at me and just kept repeating that until he died.

If you ever exhaust his ki he pisses off and then comes back with his segments intact.
If you never manage to deplete him he never leaves.

Man, a while ago the game couldn't stop dropping me swords and axes, now it's all odachis.I think I dropped five spears in like 25 hours as many crashes on enemy kills.
I know the forge exists, but I wanted to vary on the fly.

Part of it is what you are fighting. Enemies that use axes typically drop axes. It might be possible for them to drop something else, but it would be less likely.

Then again I can't think of anything that uses Odachis

Some DLC humans use odachi's.

You can sprint while locked on. I just baited him in a circle until he tried to attack, then unlocked, ran past his head, and did a spinning slash to shred his body. He's really easy once he's just a head.

Odachi and tonfa were salted in the first 6 regions once the dlcs were released so that players wouldn't have to wait for post game to start acquiring them.

what centepide, the one in the mine?
you just bait it to the top of thepillar with platforms around it and hack off its tail, then yakkity sax it while finishing off the severed parts and use living weapon from hugging distance
2 living weapon sessions were all it took to kill it for me

Damn, they were originally DLC weapons?
Just found a good tonfa in Sen's Iga's funhouse and I'm liking it. It's stylish too.

Favourite place in the game.

is there a weapon better than hammer/axe with the high stance? i played alot of it and this is the only weapon i found to be viable, which made the game less fun for me.
did they outclass it or atleast give it some competition?

Honestly I'm not even seeking optimization as of yet, my stats are all middling and I switch between weapons on the fly, I always find a new weapon/stance combination to play with. Most weapons have stances that suit different enemies and situations. It's good to experiment so you know what you can do at a moment's notice, but low stance is generally aided by onmyo magic for elemental proc. Lightning is the shit because it slows down enemies.
Axes have a great damage output but are too slow and committed for my playstyle I think. Currently, tonfas are great for punishing in both mid and high stance. Impactful, reasonably quick and can travel good distances.

Ive taken a liking to spears for range instead of odachi
if youre asking if theres a better weapon than the axe, axe is the lightning zweihander of japanese dark souls

So is this worth getting a controller for, or should I just uninstall?

There's a lot of stuff worth buying one for. Get one with a good D-Pad though. You want it for retro emulation. XBox one is pure cancer.

get a DS3, it has analogue face buttons and D-pad so its perfect for emulation
the only drawback is that you need to manually download the drivers for it

is that sindoll?

how did you guess my weapon of choice? i 1 handed it with a giant shield. if anyone invaded i just ran to the nearest narrow pass and waited to stunlock them.
thats unfortunate though. i played all the nioh demos, and found the axe/hammer high stance power attack to be a 1hko for most enemies, and a really powerful attack in a short amount of time. it got alittle stale using that weapon, but it was just so much more effective than anything else. i kept a high stance which could 1 hit those big red goblin guys that appear, then switch to mid stance and use that wide horizontal swing if i was outnumbered.

i enjoyed the demos, but didnt want to buy it until they released a completed version of the game. but i feel that i'd just get bored playing more axe gameplay.

i found the axe to be best. i tried the katana and it was alot of effort to do the same amount of damage as 1 big high axe swing.

I ended up buying a Logitech F310 after making a thread asking for recommendations for a hardwired controller. It's pretty aight, outputs in dinput and xinput and I think with drivers you can rebind all the buttons to particular keys. Just wish it had a better Dpad.

I didn't expect him to get wrecked this hard.

People forget that living weapon is a thing.

Honestly I never really used it a lot myself.

Every weapon is extremely strong and you should ideally be switching through multiple stances during fights.

Okay I did not like the giant toad boss very much. It was the hitboxes I think.

Yeah, but to do that you must be proficient while doing this. Doing things at random cant help. Its quite a problem really.

gee I wonder, its almost as if lightning zweihander is some kind of meme along with giantdad
speaking of which, whats the equivalent of giantdad in nioh?

Holy hell why is soul matching so expensive? I'll lose all my money after one armor set.

hell, even the red guys with horns that appear cant take 2 direct hits from it.

is that the OP DLC armor? i've heard of that but i didnt know lightning zwei was a meme. i tried to fight the skeletons early thinking i would get more souls if i could cheese them (nope), so i tried rushing the area to see what was there, and picked up any items i saw. zweihander was one.
from there i made it my mission to not only wield it, but to 1 handed wield it.

i used the halberd until i was able to wield the zwei and upgrade it.

after that i used the dark knight shield and some random mix of heavy armor. the childs mask for stamina, and i think i also had a shield that helped me regen stamina… cant remember though.

The lightning zwei is a meme because it's basically the simplest weapon for doing a lot of flat damage to most shit in the game (lightning is a favored element) with minimal investment in strength and dex. Which leaves you all your souls to build your health and stamina like the twin towers.
That, and zweihanders in dark souls 1 and 2 are generally OP because they stagger the shit out of everything.
Well yeah, what else did you expect.

Hope the PC beggar race is happy now.

needs more bitrate cant see shit

where the hell is that multi hit quickdraw attack?

That's why you gotta be practicing and learning it from the very beginning. It's essentially the game, or at least should be.

Granted it's less apparent or important with enemies having such nerfed health, but killing things isn't the only important trait to have, and you can land much more hits more often with lower stances. It all depends on the situation.

Personally you should never play games like this with KB+M, leave that to shooters, RTS and other games that pretty much make use of it. Action RPGs are primarily better with a controller, or doubling up with a mouse for precise aiming if there are bows or guns in it.

i wanted to sloppily swing around a giant sword slowly and have it still do a nice amount of damage. like a toddler hitting you with an axe.

yea, i didnt get the meta memo so i put plenty into strength and a minimal dex setting for other stuff i had. and i put a ton into stamina and health. i put enough into stamina so i can actually roll around in heavy armor like a retard.

huh?

high axe stance does alot of damage in a very fast swing. running in and hitting a guy 10 times with a dual sword in a 3 second combo that does 100 damage is useless when i can just push 1 button, and do 1 attack that does 100 damage in 3 seconds. then quickly go back to dodging.

i experimented with various weapons but none were worth investing in since anytime i'd come to an enemy that gave me a challenge, i'd just equip my "real" weapon and 1-2hko them.

It's called "Night Rain". It's supposed to be at or near the end of the the Iai tree.

Don't know if I'd really call it fast, but high stance also has the highest Ki costs, the most commitment per attack and the weakest dodge since you only get a single roll. Plus many skills are stance specific. I don't know where you're at in the game but even if you're doing fine you should try and keep in mind all the options you have available, you don't know when you'll need them.

Is Swallow's Wing any good? It doesn't look good but the flip is cool.

i played all the demos and beat all the bosses. didnt want to pay for an incomplete game. but i beat the fat man with the balls in the ship, the crazy eyed lion cat, the bat slut, the kabuki demon, and i think 1 or 2 others, without much difficulty. i also went back and beat each boss and played through each mission on nightmare mode.
i also killed the guy in the wheat field. a few times.

… have you tried the axe in high stance? its a long range attack that does a ton of damage. at that point in any of the demos, i couldnt find anything to match it or even come close.

I've played all the prerelease versions and beat the game, using a lot of all the weapons but no DLC. Everything is very strong and not all situations call for the same thing, that's just the one strategy you specifically set on. It's not really long range especially when compared to the spear or kusarigama, and Iai can match it's damage and range if you're only using the standard attacks, plus with gear you can build for much more. On top of that, it's just plain not nearly as fun to play the game in such a boring manner when you've got so much you can do that the game was actually designed around.

agreed, but its not fun having an ace in the hole. the axe is like easy mode in your pocket that you have to restrain yourself from using just to make the game fun.

the spear is not as long range as the axe's heavy attack. not by a long shot. to be clear, im talking about the top down swing, followed by the front flip/top down swing. its 1 button. and you can do 2 of those and still be able to jump away with stamina to spare for atleast 3-4 more rolls.

i dont know what the lai is since it wasnt in the versions i played. but no, the kusarigama isnt as high damage as the axe. not even close. im aware other weapons exist. if the axe makes everything easy, im not going to avoid the axe because its cheap or not fun. at the very least its going to be something i keep if it gets serious. meaning im holding back the entire game by using other weapons.

thats like the argument for the box in mario that beats the hard part for you. "well you dont have to use it!"

I'm not saying the game isn't terribly unbalanced in favour of the player, but this is not limited to the axe. I'm not even saying don't use the axe, but to actually learn about the rest of it's stances rather than defaulting to what you initially view as the best option because it's working now. It definitely wasn't the single best option in the Alpha as the balance has been completely ruined since then. I know what attack you're talking about, and all the basic attacks the spear has in mid and high stance outreaches that except for maybe the second hit which would be extremely close anyway, and that has to move you forward as well. It's also a strictly vertical move. The Iai Quickdraw was in every version which shows you got a lot of exploring to do yet, and I said the kusarigama had more range than the axe, not damage, though it still has a lot of damage itself with it's combo strings. The whole "you don't have to use it" is a terrible way to balance, I agree on that, but while this is partly the case for using weapons in general (they made every enemy too weak in the full game unless you downgrade and ignore a lot of Jutsus), it's not for ignoring the stances of your weapon, and you will eventually have to learn to use them.

ever since I was young boss battles always made me feel all fucking shakey, feels like I'm fucking getting low blood sugar

I'm never gonna get enough glory

Just get the Kusarigami, run away, and use high stance strong attacks. The only thing he'll be able to hit you with is thrown balls.

How many glory do you get for helping defeat a boss anyway?

I have to admit I've done that atleast twice on the fucking umibozo level. pretty much th whole stage and boss arena is a hazard

Do you know what's the really funny thing about falling in the water on The Ocean Roars Again?
See image.

Around 500 I'd say. I only ever did it with the second boss though.

I think it's my favourite level so far to be honest.

I was using low stance, I'll try that. I'm shit at dodging at though

Guess what? You don't need to. You can avoid thrown balls by running to the right while pressed up against him. They'll always miss.

pretty sure 90% of people died to that first time they fought the boss

I can't emphasize enough the power of Reaper Man.

My controller is broken so I cant run diagonally, only directly forward. life is suffering tbh

pretty new to the game whats that?

Why the hell are weapon elements so rare on the reforge table, or is it just my bad luck? I've seen so many blue and even purple modifiers but I just want lightning damage

What is the best light armor after the Red Demon set? I'm not feeling the design and there's clipping.

You can just refashion it if you only don't like the look. It would depend on how you play, most light armour sets are based around supplemental stuff like ranged weapons or Ninjutsu.

I have been building my character somewhat ninjutsu.

I know, pic related is Hattori's full set refashioned to make it more oc-do-not-steal with the youngblood set. I was hoping for something that wouldn't necessitate me screwing with the look.

If you're going with katana then consider the Yagyu armor. There's also Edgelord armor and Otani's armor.

Well it's actually just called Reaper but it might as well be called reaper man because you become a god of death. There's a similar skill for dual swords too.

Oh, I was going to suggest the Iga set then but not you're already using it. Keep in mind you can mix set bonuses so you don't have to wear every single part if you don't feel you need any of the later bonuses, and the Iga set in particular is quite top heavy with them. You don't need to worry so much about refashioning either, mixing and matching different parts with it to make the height of samurai fashion is great fun.

Id change because of my shitty isp, don't mind.

The middle one (I'm guessing that's the edgy one) looks cool. I'm guessing it's late game though right?

Oh I never thought about mixing bonuses, that's a good idea. Really my favourite part about these types of games is making my dude look as good as I can. Are there any more ninja sets?

There are several nice ninja outfits through out the game. Additionally if you combine the gyousha shirt and pants with the yamabushi gloves and boots and glove and top it off with the warrior monks hood you can make a damn good looking white ninja.

Mid late game. I think you can get it in the 4th or 5th region.
There's two generic ninja sets you can get right now and three others that you can get postgame.
You can farm the chunin set off a revenant out back of the Iga mansion.

The middle one there comes with bonuses affecting ranged weapons (mainly the rifle), so if you mean ninja in regards to stats then that's kind of your other main option since ranged weapons scale off of Dexterity. Looks wise there's a bunch of other ninja outfits. There's so many great looking armour pieces in general in this game it makes it hard to actually stick with one look for long so as you keep going you'll have a lot of that to look forward to. Also as a small tip, those set pictures feature the big overcoats but you get those by wearing the chest and waist parts of the set together (or two that are refashioned to those parts), so really there's even more you can combine visually if you only wear one part.

Once you get a yakasani magatama you can do some magical things with mixing set bonuses.

I'll google it
sadly I had to cheat on that boss because I'm a little bitch and I hate boss fights even though the games biggest point is bosses at least I got to continue though until some fat demon bitch decided to chuck me off the edge at least

Alright, thanks for the tips, familia. Really appreciate it. I also saw in earlier threads before the pc announcement that there's a Hayabusa boss fight in one of the dlcs. He has a set as well right?

Oh God yes.
Part of the set bonus is infinite suriken
The Dragon Sword is part of his set bonus.It glows when you have the full set equipped.
He also drops texts for two SKILLS, Izuna drop and Flame Dragon.

Why is it always that fucking umebozu mission people summon me for? I'm terrible at not falling off of things

I regret and I'm glad I read those spoilers. I usually like discovering things on my own but I did ask so I'm a faggot.

Ninja gaiden on pc when?

I wish I was summoned for that one more
Hell, being summoned into anything more would be great. I absolutely love being a helpful spectre.
That and I laugh a lot when they fall face-first into traps and stuff

They also don't seem to realize that lighting the fires = no adds, every single one of them goes in with at least one unlit fire. Then I lagstep off the boss platform, assuming I even make it that far without falling off somewhere else

Do they die to the laser whenever you manage to stay on the platform?

Nah that phase ends pretty fast if I get to do any damage. One of us dies to the jump slam in the middle

I usually don't get hit by the laser when fighting him alone, but during co-op I try to keep away from the host so that we both don't get hit by it.

The best (cheapest) way to deal with Bozo is to spam Hyottoko Masks.

Well that was the worst thing I've bought so far. Respecing tomorrow.

Tempest/Backwave's descriptions are shit.

It's basically a timed block to activate Tempest, and then Backwave is done by pressing block again in the very small window afterwards (usually when the enemy is reeling)

Haze is IMO the best parry skill. Especially when combined with Iai strikes and Finishing Blows, though some people prefer Water Shadow.

I'm guessing timed guard-counters only work on a few enemy types (humans/small skeletons)?

Parries only work on humans and human-sized enemies IIRC.

Backwave and Tempest is extremely strong against any and all human enemies, and it's the safest parry type skill to attempt as well as having it's own input. It's definitely worth keeping, you just have to get used to the (honestly very lenient) timing. Tempest alone sadly isn't as useful since if you break an enemy's guard you can get a much bigger combo but it's still cool.

I'm not gonna get those waifu skins anytime soon.

how

Being generally unprepared or impatient. Nue is just intimidating, and he hits pretty hard, but his patterns are easy to avoid.

I still think the Nue is one of the harder early bosses. Provided you aren't using sloth and can't outright overpower it. The attacks aren't that easy to avoid and the lightning can seemingly come out of nowhere while you are attacking it

nue gives you a free stun period with the bell and exposes his weak spot with every single of his attacks
it took a couple of tries for me to figure that out but thats only because the game goes full retard on its TTK

Outside of his claw swipes, everything else he does is more heavily telegraphed than anything Hino-Enma does so there really isn't any excuse.

I just killed Nue second try. The first try was because I ran in and got careless when I saw his stamina was empty. I figured he'd be staggered and stunned from my high stance combo.

He was not.

I'm in the underground temple immediately after Nue and I'm wondering: Is there a way to avoid getting 'eaten' by the mimic? Attacking it didn't wake it up and opening the chest didn't really affect me that much, so I just opened it up second time around.

Whistle at him then play Simon Says and he'll give you the loot without a fight.

He doesn't ACTUALLY stun when you hit his weak point, and the one time he is laying on his side he can hitstun back into his upright position and attack instantly.

What he means is, the mimic will do one of your equipped gestures. Do the same one.

How boring.

He used to be. In Alpha keeping him out of Ki was a test of pressure and Ki management on your end since he couldn't recover it until you stopped hitting him for a short time, which is why when he does his lightning bolt it comes so fast. It did mean that a well timed Living Weapon could keep him staggered almost indefinitely, but instead of giving him an armoured leap out of danger or something smart, they just made him able to recover whenever he wants, which makes his lightning bolt stupid. And then to top it off they gave it a second tracking lightning bolt for no reason whatsoever.

I ran away and threw things at him until he fell over.

I can do better

If you do the inputs right (the weapon switch can be really finicky) you will be able to Iai out of the switch on the initial draw. You can hit the grounded target with a fully charged quickdraw and then turn around and stab him while he's still on the ground

tonfas completely wreck revenants once you unlock Focused Strike

Looks like I might have to learn tonfa, though what I'm doing now works pretty well

pepe Really shit on me, then I stopped sucking and killed him

its amazing how this works

MFW I just killed pepe you may call me now Matt Furie, to be honest that's exactly the kind of face I would do
Also rip Catbro QQ he will be remembered

Pepe still sucks as a boss however.

He's weak to the "weaken melee weapons" weapon attribute. Hits like a limp noodle when that's on him, and you can always further weaken him with wind element and Devigorate. That's aside from Sloth which trivializes the whole bloody game

I got Water element on my weapon
what does water actually do?

Lower defense I think.

I beat him. I'm just saying his leap is cheap bullcrap.

yea I got hit by his leap when it was clear I shouldnt be
felt a bit Dark souls 2

Man, that's all they could do ? "Ogress" ? Right after "Giant Toad", too. Some nip terms survived the translation but they definitely "localized" some other aspects.

Yes, my thoughts exactly.

Finally managed to get my Lightning damage, took all damn day and I happened across an innheritable weaken melee while I was at it

The scrolling one is "parry disabled", my attacks never bound

Shit's good.

Actually there's a special helmet that only drops from them if you make friends with them.

You can just whistle near the chest to draw the mimic out if you just want to fight him.

Mimic chests have three of those golden corner braces on each corner. Normal chests have two.

Any tips on the input of Iai quickstrike? I can always do it eventually, but more often at first try I just sheathe the sword instead and leave it at that, causing me use it less than I could or should. Especially when I have the skill that I should be able to do it right from the successful Ki pulse.

I like to have both black and white ninja sets, so thanks for the tip. Right now I'm aiming for the 80's American ninja/G.I Joe look, the black ninja is pretty similar to the earlier Youngblood-variation posted.

Oh, and speaking of gestures, you can get Nurikabe (the false walls) to leave doing the correct ones. All he wants is the right "color" of the gesture.

For the most part I just guessed which one. You get two chances. If you choose the right one on your first try, he disappears. But if you choose the wrong one, then he gets a little angry and you get a second try. If you choose the wrong one, he attacks you.

There's no surefire way to choose the right one, unless you see someone's grave near the Nurikabe.

If you investigate the grave, most likely you'll find that he was killed by the Nurikabe, and the colour of the word in the description will tell you the colour of the gesture that got him killed. Since there are only three colours, you're pretty much guaranteed to guess the right gesture with those two tries that's given to you.

I've had trouble with this too. I think I found it works more often if I hold R1 first, a split second before pressing and holding circle.

I'm not really sure where you could be messing up. You do a Ki Pulse, hold in the button from it and then press and hold the sheathe button together with it.

While holding ki pulse (right button), press and hold sheath (B button). That's it. You have to press RB first and then press B shortly after.

Now, trying to Iai strike during a weapon switch during a kipulse, that shit is hard to pull off.l