Achievements

i wish achievements were never invented, they have ruined the fun of games.
ever since achievements became a thing, they are the only thing i work towards.

anytime im about to start a new game, i look up the achievement guide, to see what difficulty to play on, to see if there are missables/collectibles etc.

its really bad, because even when it is really boring and repetitive, i still do it for that gamerscore.

for example. i rented injustive 2, and have since spent about 3 hours grinding for all the misc achievements after i did the story, if i was playing for fun, i would have just dont story and probably been done, but becuase there are avhievements for doing arcade with every character, reaching a certain player level, and stuff to do with lootboxes and equpment, you better know that i will spend another 3 or so hours mindlessly doing the same combo over and over again on very easy AI until i get that achievement.

and its not even alot, im going to grind through shit for like 4 hours of uninteresting boring crap just to get like 45 G. i dont want to do it, but im compelled to…
its not bad enough that i have to 100% every game, i can look at a list and see some bullshit achievement that takes 100 hours by itself and just go "fuck that" but if its close, like i've almost achieved it already, i HAVE to get it.

help me, Holla Forums how do i stop caring about my gamerscore and only care about fun of the game im playing?

They're almost as bad as this spacing

Your post, I "read it", but I still don't understand what you are telling OP.

This OP looks like it was made by a pajeet

I had the same problem.

Clear out your backlog (you're on Holla Forums, you have a backlog) as much as you can of older games that don't have achievements. When you think you're ready to play a newer game, turn off achievement notifications. Don't even look at the achievement list. Pretend it's 2004 and it doesn't exist.

Is it really, really hard to do that? Unplug the fucking ethernet cord. Only look up a walkthrough if you're truly stuck, and do it on a separate machine in another room so it's a hassle to do. Don't keep it open, though. Open it up each and every time. Eventually you'll just decide to press on, even if it means you're not going to get the optimal ending or see every pixel of the game world.

Ultimately, it's a matter of willpower. I can give you all the advice in the world, but the actual act has to come down to you.

What is this dumb fucking meme everyone is regurgitating? It puts text into more readable, digestible blocks rather than ugly walls of text. It's why every single news and blog site does it. If books didn't have to concern themselves with page counts, they'd do it too.

okay faggot, let's see which has been around longer
Books have been around for literally thousands of years and have stuck with that same format
newspapers have used a similar format to books
news and blog sites are becoming increasingly retarded and they choose to use that kind of spacing
now ask your self why you'd want to emulate a retarded trend, especially one that doesn't actually help considering that usually line breaks means you're jumping to a different thought or point. If you're jumping to a different thought every single line then you have ADHD .

Mono was around longer than stereo, too. Not an argument.

The format arose out of necessity, not superiority. First pic Shakespeare's Second Folio. They had a ton of shit to cram in the book, so they used small letters and two columns. The standard Folger editions printed today use the extra room given by modern printing techniques to increase spacing and have facing pages full of annotations. Digital versions of the text increase the spacing even further. It's the same content, but the spacing changes for the the medium.

Even today. books still have a page count they have to stay under before it bumps up the cost of printing (something around 450, I think), so they use short spacing to keep costs down. Digital doesn't have that limitation, so writers can let the content breathe.

Fucking achievements are cancer, anyone with a brain agrees.
All these carrots they dangle in front of you to get you to play games is stupid.
Goddamn, just play games because they are fun.
Go and complete the challenges because you enjoy the act of mastery.
Only retards with no sense of self-worth do it for fucking internet points.
The first letter of each line spells out people who go for achievements in the first place.

or are you saying the line breaks are literally pointless and only serve to make your post look "nice" (they don't, they just look fucking obnoxious with how much space it ends up taking)

I had the urge to achievement whore for a few months some years ago, I eventually burned out. If this is a persistent problem then I honestly don't know what to tell you.

Fuck off. You know the input box is tiny and it's perfectly natural to not have the full wide-screen in mind while you're posting, you fucking hypocrite.

Nigger the input box doesn't affect line length at all, its just like that so it doesn't take up much space. You can also increase its size you mongoloid

goddamn standards have dropped lately, and the amount of defending reddit spacing since gaf went down is no coincidence i'm sure

be a fucking faggot?

It's the exact same principle, you're just hitting return/enter a second time. I there there's no benefit to doing it (either aesthetic or psychological), why does EVERY medium not constrained by page limits do it this way? (The exception to this is eBooks, which try to mimic the look of print books as close as possible.)

Every single post you've made has been line-by-line, and it looks like fucking hot garbage. Want to talk about taking up space? could have been a single paragraph, not five separate lines. Imagine how exhausting it would be to read even a short story like that

See how I did that? I made the first paragraph a direct reply to your main point. Then, I hit enter twice to make a second paragraph where I discussed your poor formatting. Finally, I'm writing this third paragraph to illustrate my reasoning. I come up with a main idea, and I separate my thoughts into paragraphs. Clear, intuitive, and readable.

The line break also indicates a turn of thought.
It's good for bullet-pointed lists or greentext
But for expressing one continuous though, it's not good.
You could have saved yourself so many keystrokes if you weren't dropped on your head as an infant.
However, since you're retarded, you spread the same idea across multiple lines.

My least favorite are the jrpg ones where it needs like every item or monster

Multiplayer ones are also terrible because i feel this bad anxiety crunch to get them done as fast as possible before it dies/shuts down

I don’t mind steam ones so much because they’re pictures to decorate your profiles with

Because those mediums are mostly shit-heaps?
And you wonder why people think you're from reddit

Fucking SHAKESPEARE gets extra spacing online. I showed the same content (more or less) across different formats and showed how, given extra breathing room, writers/publishers WILL use it. People handling classic works of literature will give extra spacing when they don't have page counts to worry about. What does that tell you?

Also, calling a medium a shit-heap is not an argument.

Point. Point and laugh.

You know, I'd would've given OP the benefit of the doubt, since it's not the worst example I've seen as of late, but then,
OP can go choke on a chainsaw for being such a huge fucking sheep.

Also, for the fags defending shit formatting practices with flimsy strawmen, pics related.
>B-but there are people who space like retards that aren't from reddit, so your insult holds no ground!
And those retards can fuck off too. Reddit spacing is just the term that recently took hold due to image 2, that still doesn't excuse it you fags.

>

Nobody ever cared about how people spaced their posts until that image popped up, and now it's in every thread. You're so fucking paranoid about Reddit that you derail threads over ONE extra keystroke. Literally (hey, look, I used it right) nobody in this thread you've accused of Reddit spacing meets the definition of the images YOU posted, you retard. You're closer to it than I am.

You can even create Reddit spacing despite, get this, having never visited when double spacing is how you always do it. You say that doesn't "excuse" it, but you've also offered precisely zero compelling reasons to abandon doublespacing other than "you don't want people to think you're from REDDIT, do you?"

I'm not saying you can't have a one-sentence paragraph dipshit. People do it all the time for comedic timing and, as I did it, emphasis. What I AM saying is that line-after-line-after-line is bad form. They teach you this shit in grade school. You would have been better served pointing out my redtexting. Again, for emphasis:

You are the worst poster I have ever seen on this website, and that is a fucking feat.

If OP is reading this, remake your thread and clean up the formatting so the autistic children don't throw a hissy fit and reach for their safety blanket.

I've accused only user, and even said I give him the benefit of the doubt in that regard. We have IDs here newfag.

See image one my previous post.

Pic related. Whole lot of emphasis needed between that greentext and the following text, right? Definitely need to double space everything even though they're easily distinguishable by color which is why most people who use imageboards for any reasonable amount of time don't feel the need to place empty space there.

I don't want to get into a dick waving contest I just want to play video games.

Multiplayer is where the money is at. For stockholders to make money, games need to be an excuse to socialize and by microtransactions.

Quality moderation.

Multiplayer is where the money is at. For stockholders to make money with normalfags, games need to be an excuse to socialize and buy microtransactions, not be something that exists for fun in and of itself.

That sounds like your own autistic problem.
Holy fuck go back

The depressing part is realising that is literally just what games have been all along. Achievements just strip away the magic. Reduce it all to it's base mechanics.

You could just ignore them. That's what I do 90% of the time.

I don't disagree with you, OP, achievements are retarded and ruin games. However, you've made the problem even worse for yourself, because you not only allow your experience of a game to be influenced by the achievement system, you actually base your entire playthrough on achievements and gamerscore like a weak-minded drone. You've let a meaningless, imaginary scoring system control how you play games, and that's sad.

You're a stupid faggot, OP, let's make that clear. In spite of that, however, I will still offer you some advice out of good will. Play an older game that has no achievements. As you play, focus on the enjoyment and challenge of the experience. DO NOT look up walkthroughs unless you are seriously stuck, because overcoming these challenges is where the true sense of achievement comes from. Once you have thoroughly enjoyed and completed that game, feel free to play a more recent game. However, refrain from looking at the achievements at any point. Don't look them up, don't calculate the scores, don't try to mold your experience around them, just play for your own pleasure, and measure your achievements based on what you personally had difficulty with.