Horses in vidya

When are video game developers ooing to realize that horses are not motorcycles and can turn in a full circle without moving forward or backward and that they can strafe?

The amount of times I could have avoided frustration while riding my horse in witcher 3 by simply walking sideways is infinite. Just take one step to the side roach, it's not hard.

There's your problem my mane

Well, A horse is not an ostrich. It can't sidestep that fast without tripping because it's got no shoulder joints or knees for its legs, they might as well be crude prosthetics made out of balsa wood. If they could actually sidestep worth a damn: there would be a shmup where you ride a horse.

nigga i only know one person who has any experience with horses

quit horsing around

you call that strafe?

In my opinion SotC has the best horses and Oblivion/Skyrim the worst ones. Also beware of furfags.

Good horse mechanics in video games are quite a Rarity.

my dream is to fuck that spoiled horse

I take it you've not played Breath of the Wild?

Are you suggesting my post was offal? How about you get off your high horse, stop jockeying for position and pony up something better.

M&B lets your horse turn in place, but you can't strafe. Like the other user said strafing is not particularly useful though, and horses can't really strafe quickly enough for it to be useful.

Appropriate.

We're playing fantasy games and devs can't even imagine a beast with actual joints to ride?
Why does it always have to come down to medieval times? Why can't we get some made up settings with a made up world?
What happened to creativity?

Didn't Breath of the Wild have improved Horse AI which made the horse turn when it would've otherwise collided with a tree?

Just finished Witcher 3 (bad ending that was actually the RIGHT ending) and Roach was a fucking stupid annoying horse.

Spike is better

delete that webm and for your question that shit sounds for fucking casuals that cant ride horses to save their lives.

Autism.

Nah. Praise Minion.

suprised it took this long tbh

Return the slab, m8

Even if it can't sidestep quickly, if it can sidestep at all you could reposition yourself without alternating going forward and backward and instead simply strafe a little and that's already a big benefit
Did you watch OP's video? It's not moving perfectly sideways, but it's doing just fine, and that's good enough to be of useful. And if you watch , you'll see they can strafe pretty quickly so I don't know what the hell you're talking about.
I swear this is actually a thing.

I measured how realistic was a vidya horse with my dog.
He always barked at RDR and Assassin's Creed horses, but he never recognized TES horses as horses.
Now he's blind so no more horse-testing

That's not strafing: that's prancing!

Nothin' wrong with a little rootin' and tootin'. Yee haw!

/pone/ please go die in a fire.

But horses are actually beings with self-preservation. Horses shouldn't be designed as vehicles, but as NPCs.

>>>/treblinka/

I hear ya loud and clear *wink*

Reminds of of how horses in minecraft are completely useless, mostly because they can't get through water more than three goddamn feet deep. But in reality, horses can swim across rivers just fine, even with a rider on top. It's bullshit.

When's a devloper going to make an open world tactical rpg with centaur and magical horse romances

When are video game developers ooing to realize that horses are not motorcycles and can turn in a full circle without moving forward or backward and that they can strafe prance?

The amount of times I could have avoided frustration while riding my horse in witcher 3 by simply walking sideways is infinite. Just take one step to the side roach, it's not hard.

Oh hey, forgot I got this. It's a japanese horse breeding/racing game.

I follow JAV girl who played this once, but I couldn't understand what's happening. Is there an English version?

excellent taste

Plebeian Applejackass mudpony lover detected

Here's your (you), dubsman

Nah, only nipponese.

Why does she have two clits? Do real horses have multiple clits?

I played Breasts of the Wild.

If an animal won't bash its head into a rock because you told it to it's a bad animal and should become barbecue.

ya blew it, m8

I think you need to brush up on your equine genital anatomy m8

Vidya horses never behave like real-life horses.
Real horses can't throw a lasso without dropping the combo.

It's just lobed and so from the front looks like it has two halves (kinda exactly like the tip of a human dick).

No I just like my ponies to not have been completely destroyed by every dick in a 30 mile radius

Pick one

Rarity is a lady, and ladies are pure. If you want some bargain bin party skank then enjoy your pony aids, faggot.

Yea, sure. She sucks off every stallion to get some asparagus. Or her mail. Or pretty much anything.

FOVR HVNDRED AND FOVR

Reminder that /pone/ is dying and are desperate for UIP's

Rarity is a proud business owner, and a lady of highest class. She has no need to suck cock. Pinkie slurps up cum milkshakes because she's a dirty fucking

WHORSE

It really is just a statement on how lazy developers are with important touches like that. Horses are living things, but you're entirely correct when you say they control like motorcyles in every game I've played. I'd very much like a developer to include a realistic and organic-feeling range of motion and control with horse riding, especially in games where it's a fairly big mechanic like open-world fantasy. It's the same thing with how so many games put no effort into making armour and weapons look realistic, even by the standards of basic physics, just slapping spikes and blades and protruding angles everywhere because it looks cool to twelve year-olds. But that's just me and my preference for immersion and (a degree of) realism.

I'll let y'all get back to your degeneracy now.

Why is this thread still up? Is this cuckchan?

wtf im a brony now

can you breed with the horses?

TWO GAY AUNTS

Well my good neighbor, it starts with breaking from the herd-mentality, scream if you must until your voice is horse, let the world know that you canter with the cool kids, you're taking the reins of your life, at full gallop! You don't care anymore if you aren't financially stable, you're out for an adventure- In fact you're not tagging along anymore, if they want to be with you they gotta hoof it because you're not stalling for anyone or anything! In fact, you outright REFUSE to be saddled with the cares of the world, you're a new you! You're not just some side show, you're the mane event!
BE BOLD

this is K-DST
try not to shit your pants

The Chilean horse is an exeption, they are the only breed that can "strafe" like that, still they are shorter and slower than warhorse, like an english horse.

>not this horsefucking thread

I want to fuck that spider

anime and manga is degeneracy while horsekino will prevail as the savior of the west

Bravo job jewboy. Bravo.

Classy

I see we're gonna have to break out the dubs for this one.

BEHOLD, THESE DIGITS SVRELY MARK THE END TIMES

Nothing sadder than self appointed board guardians.

i now rite? every board should just be Holla Forums, it's the only board that matters.

I always knew Haru was Satan.

To BOTW's credit, at least it made the effort to make the horses somewhat behave like living things and do things like try to wander off course and throw you off until you properly tamed them.

Of course, this was balanced out by the game's map design making the horses basically useless, but still.

Also funny is that all the people ponyposting aren't at least posting things from the (many) videogames, which would at least make it on topic.

(hello mirror realm me)
Almost as if they are shitposting offtopic. Crazy isn't it?

As if ponyshit isn't bad enough on it's own.

I knew you guys would hate it

purseowner is overrated tbh

Have a bump, guardian.

If it was spike or a futa urethral piercing itd be okay

Or a cboy horse with a piercing

Fuck outta here

Sweating.jpg

They can't
You need to train them to do it.
Just because you can teach your dog to play dead, doesn't mean it can do that instinctively.

Okay, so it's either horsefuckers or retards in here.

Can i get a source on that? Just so i know what not to look at of course.

You only have yourself to blame.

But this is fucking wrong. If they perceive a mild threat like a plastic bag they will quite often anxiously pace around it while facing it with their fighting parts (meaning mouth and front legs) to see what it is. Same thing happens here when the rider is trying to make the horse just go through the spooky gates. The rider's usher to move forwards effectively works mentally like an obstacle for the horse, like a hedge or wall. Since it feels it can't go back and it doesn't want to go forward it will instinctively pace around the gate, looking for a way out, while ready to fight it.

smh tbh

THE GAY COMMUNITY?!

Spike is best pone fite me

I don't give a shit about your pony characters. Stop lusting after the mutilation of living creatures.

Fictional dragons and cartoons aren't real. There is no animal abuse taking place

If you seriously think this then you sre a murderer for playing vidya

Just fucking kill yourself. Please.

That's a lot of mayonnaise.

You could do that in RDR.

For a serious answer to this question.

Nigger, this isn't about animal abuse. Getting aroused from the physical destruction of genitals is a sure sign of your mind crumbling. But since you're into bestiality to begin with, maybe that's the least of your problems. In any case get help.

The instance I scrolled down to see the thumbnail and read thread topic I knew where this thread is going.
I was wrong though. It went into ponyfaggotry.

Just admit you like it