Getting Over It

>Difficulty for the sake of difficulty, misses the point that challenging games are not made to be difficult but to be fun

Is this the biggest brained game of 2017?

Other urls found in this thread:

foddy.net/2017/09/getting-over-it/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Has the Homestuck >> FNAF >> Undertale >> Steven Universe >> Rick and Morty >> Cuphead/Bendy Cancer-base migrated to it yet?

How are people not getting that this is supposed to be a joke game designed to piss you off with wonky physics and quasi-intellectual quotes and everything?
Yeah it's streamer bait, yeah it should be free, but other than that I don't see how this is something hateable outside of being aggravating to those with little patience (like myself)? It's made by the guy who made QWOP for god sake, how is this confusing?

The game is a financial suicide; thus, gets what it deserves

It only has one character so I doubt it would be foster those types.

But the certain breed of autist who worship "difficult" games like Dark Souls and Cuphead good games don't get me wrong are gonna lap it up because the narrator/dev outright says "this game is hard just like those old games, not easy like new games!". The whole 'badge of honour' stuff is real tiresome.

The physics are intentional yes, but the commentary is 100% unintentionally annoying. It would've been fine as an optional mode like in some Valve titles but developer commentary as standard is a level of pretentiousness I didn't think I would see.

Ah yeah. looks like we're not due for another cancerous fandom until February, when Infinity Train releases on Cartoon Network, Barring a new hit JewTube animated series, or the new Steven Universe season.

Okay, someone who has won this game, what's the "secret" after you finish it?

Can you hear that, anons? It's the sound of the wanky journo clique furiously cranking out those hot takes about how this game satirises the "difficult games" meme. They are still really, really salty over Cuphead, and this is the perfect time for a riposte.

They've taken a quick detour to that Doki Doki Club VN shit, but no real exodus yet.

Look, being a joke game is one thing. The creator putting himself front and center of the damn thing in a transparent attempt at e-celebrity is quite another.

I thought it was some other guy who was hired to do the reading?

nvm, seems it's a chat room for people who have beat the game

Ah, yep. Thing is, I actually like the look of Infinity Train, but I know it's going to be Gravity Falls all over again. Oh well.

The truth is always funnier than fiction.

I thought it was a fun idea, a real hard as nails experience to to shit over the cupcucks, who unironically consider their game as hard as contra.

But the controls were so shit they soured the experience: you can never really say what you'll be doing on screen, unless you move extremely slowly. It would have been better to control with a joystick.

Don't know where you're getting that from.

Well, all you have to do is watch the migratory patterns of shitty OC fanart.

It's called a narrator. The whole point of the game is to present an exercise in frustration, it was obvious they were gonna have some humor somewhere.

Maybe you would have liked it more, if the narrator was a screeching japanese girl?

That's not what I'm talking about, you dense motherfucker. Or is putting your name in the title of the fucking game just part of being a narrator to you?

Yes you can

It's not funny though, it's self-indulgent. The narrator is the developer as himself, not a character, telling you why you should like the game. He even put his name in the title.

I can see why you would get that impression with the voice lines after you fall, that they are meant to frustrate the player, but all the scripted ones are literally dev commentary describing why he made the game and unsolicited opinions on a bunch of shit. It's like he's writing a review he wants to hear for his own game while you play it, truly nauseating.

>Was interested in fnaf's first game because some user in my tera guild mentioned this "shitty jumpscare game" that was pretty alright
I'm afraid to ask but I need to know: how bad is it?

Bendy and Cuphead Gay Fanart, Sexy Cuphead, and there's already a mound of "Cuphead Cringe" videos on Jewtube. The Shipping videos and animated comics aren't far behind.

Oh, and the worst part: "Cup-sonas."

I swear someone is going to find out that this is all a concentrated effort to smother anything even remotely fun to death.
Well that's it then. It's been fun, I'll see you next time something I enjoy gets overtaken by this.

it is. tumblr started posting about how "it's dead" before this shit even started

You know what the saddest part is? None of them were even as good as Homestuck's fan-base is. I mean, if you actually look at some of the stuff created by the fan-base, on average, it's a hell of a lot better in terms of quality, even if it's not actually "good." It even got self aware at times with Shit like "You're the Baby."

What's the point of even denying you're bashing a perceived pretentious dev, it's almost a national sport around here. But sometimes the occam's razor says it's the gamer who's actually retarded.

You got triggered by someone trying to be fun with some intelligence. Mind, the narrator is not particularly fun or smart, but your kneejerk reaction is even worse.

I mean, the guy has already made a few hugely "viral" games which focus on bad controls and wonky physics, why not have him get a few bucks for the accomplishment.

I think there's a certain incubation period for cancerous fanbases before they "hatch" into something that can at least hold it's powerlevel down, with media attention acting as an accelerate. 2hu has been around for ages, but because it's a niche group of games and anime has turned away normalfags for so long it's been allowed to slowly grow and become a self-contained thing. Homestuck is the tail-end of the MSPA comics that include problem sleuth, bard quest, and humanimals so it's had a decent bit of age to it as well. Compare that to games like cuphead, where it had eyes on it before it even came out, and came out with a "controversy" of how not-easy it is.

These fanbases "hatch" prematurely, and don't have time to develop whatever that something is that allows them to stay so well contained. Or not, i don't fucking know. All I know is that there's a definite difference depending on how long a fanbase has had to grow or how quickly it does. If you love something: pray it stays obscure.

You okay there?

Also this thread seems like marketing anyway, what better way to get people top try your shit other than shitting on it, especially calling a game that seems to be a joke not funny. It questions your sense of humor so it's more efficient to get people to try it to test it out.

user, you are the faggot.

But cuphead calls out the jewish banks and shows merchants as fat and greedy, how are libtards falling for it?

No amount of No U is going to help

It's not the libtards so much as it is the artists. "10 years development 1930's cartoon style Vidya" that's pure Streaming fodder has an extreme appeal for the Digital Media majors, the animators, and the illustrators. It's also got a "We can make it on our own without the corporations backing us" dev story, so it speaks volumes to people about "creative freedom."
That, and it's so stylistic that of course people are going to draw them with cocks and Fucking each other.

This was before two of them even came out, and one of them had reached the point of no return.

Alight never-mind I thought for a second it might not actually be bait.

foddy.net/2017/09/getting-over-it/

the guy who made this is some teacher at a university and has made a hand full of games most notable is qwop

If this isn't free to play, I could careless.

Also

looks pretty fun by free browser game standards. too bad that it isnt one.

qwop was alright for a laugh with friends. that's about it.

Honestly, it seems fun for a short free flash game.
Under no circumstances is it acceptable to pay for some shitty game like this.
Also, does it seriously have quotes during playthrough?

Want me to play doubles advocate?

This.

Wasn't there a flash game like this years ago? I vaguely remember playing something just like this and I'm pretty sure it was a hammer that you used to get around in that one too. If I'm not misremembering it does anyone know what it was?
By the way there's another old browser game I've been wanting to find more about. It was a 2 player online multiplayer game where you each control a ship. I think it was sponsored by the US Navy to promote their new cruiser or something. You and the opponent would sail parallel to each other, you only had control over the distance. You had , missiles, torpedoes, a large 3 barreled cannon that would take a long time to reload, and a smaller single barreled cannon that would reload very quickly. You also had a phalanx to shoot down incoming missiles and a towed decoy that would redirect torpedoes. So you cycle through all your weapons shooting your missiles, torpedoes, and the big cannon, then switch to the small cannon while waiting for everything else to reload and using your defenses as needed to counter missiles and torpedoes and occasionally switching the distance to force your opponent to adjust the aim on his cannons. I'm not sure but the torpedoes actually might have been launched from a submarine, so you might have had a cruiser and a submarine. I tried searching for information but I couldn't find anything. I think the game is 8 to 10 years old.

sexy hiking which is what the game is based upon and the dude who made it even said

The narrator goes on great lengths to explain how reat sexy hiking was.

That's bullshit and you know it. If you're were being honest one of the major reasons why it's tolerated is because the japs make good quality fan art/content about it because if you look through the shit it's just as autistic as the fetishes that furries have, just more aesthetically pleasing and better drawn. Also there's the advantage of having a language barrier so you can never really 'meet your heroes', so they don't seem to 'throw shitfits' either.

Is Getting Over It the new Rick and Morty?

What drives people to build their entire personalities around their own perceived superiority to other people? Did the fag who made this game experience some sort of trauma that made him a complete bellend or was he just born that way? How do you continue to be this fucking pretentious past the age of 21?

I enjoyed the fuck out of sexy hiking actually

go back to gayfags you worthless nigger

Sort of like FNAF and that guy who makes puzzle games I'm kind of ambivalent to its existence. Other people being retards and making money off it doesn't really juice my lizard.

Oh, That's an easy one:

If you manage to mildly impress(usually by making a meme, but not making money from it) a captive audience such as Reddit, Tumblr, or even the Chans to some extent, You're given an ego boost without the sense of gratification that should come with something such as making a good game. Therefore you're under the belief that you're always able to impress everyone on the internet, you just have to make the next big thing happen. It's tortured artist syndrome at a whole other level.

Please provide source. Not that I don't believe you, but I like the idea of the gameplay, and free fun is always nice.

this is the game it's based from

Getting Over It is the most blatant case of dev pretention I've seen yet, and you're accusing me of being in denial?

Sexy Hiking. It's even a major point of the author's narration that he tries to get cred over the oh-wow-what-a-weird-and-obscure-game-aren't-I-the-hippest-hipster of it.

Socjus and millennials always double down, they can never admit mistakes.

You are the one playing it for cred, here. Narrator has only good things to say about sexy hiking, and you project.

So he's trying to pull another minecraft.

looks like he made a better iteration of his old game because Sexy hiking looks pretty shit

CHRIST