Champions Online Shenanigans

Last thread died, so new thread.

Post your heroes. Talk about game-related stuff.

Le's plan a event when we can gather en masse and parade around town.

8/8

Honestly I tried getting back into it the other day user but seeing almost every single one of my characters behind a paywall was much more than I could bear. It would take the old devs coming back for me to return to this, that, or some other miracle. some of the custom outfits I bought a while back are no longer in the character creator either (hologram armor) so I feel pissed off about that as well. For a returning player, would it be genuinely worthwhile coming back? I want to believe.. I recall this being one of the only online multiplayer games that both gave me a sense of belonging and entertained me for years, and then one day I finally said goodbye, and thought I'd never be coming back, but for entirely different reasons than there are now.

I suppose you used archetypes that are subscriber-only?

If that is the case you can kiss hose characters goodbye unless you subscribe again.
I sucks big time that 80% of the archetypes are locked and cannot be used.

Trumpenfuhrer in the image was supposed to be an offensive mind-power user, but that was locked, so he's basically a healer.

The game has prey fun missions

Can you make Mecha-Hitler?

Yes. Visually.

Mechanically, the Devastator archetype (class/power-set) is probably what you're after and that one can be unlocked form in-game IIRC, without paying shekels.

Or you could use soldier or tank archetypes.

i was going for a full robocop look, but this is just about the best i could do. Grofaz was a shortened version of Größter Feldherr aller Zeiten, "the greatest field commander of all time"

I like the upper half and he face with the Hitler stache. But not the legs.

Need to form the Mighty Reich Rangers

OK, I checked.

Apparently, there are 5 archetypes you can unlock without spending any $$$:

The Cursed* Recovery, Constitution, Ego Ranged Damage
The Void* Ego, Presence, Constitution Hybrid
The Devastator* Strength, Recovery, Constitution Melee Damage
The Icicle* Dexterity, Constitution, Endurance Ranged Damage
The Night Avenger* Dexterity, Strength, Ego Hybrid

The Cursed is unlockable by gathering Turakian Coins to purchase it during the Bloodmoon Event in October.
The Void is unlockable by gathering Elysium Coins to purchase it during the rotative Nightmare Invasions.
The Devastator is unlockable by gathering Circus Malvanum Gears to purchase it during the rotative Circus Malvanum.
The Icicle is unlockable by gathering Winter Charms to purchase it during the Attack of the Misfit Toys/Winter Event in December.
The Night Avenger is unlockable by gathering Nighthawk Favor tokens to purchase it during the Nighthawk Event

The easiest to unlock would be the Devastator - the race event is every 10 minutes.
You need 650 gears to unlock and you get around 38 for last place, so about 20 races if you're bad at it.

Has anybody tried out the questionite to zen exchange stuff? I have seen a "deal" for 460~ questionite = 1,400 zen or something like that.

Special repeatable missions (the ones you do using the jet) give around 200 questionite.
That can't be right!

It's 200 now? Last time I checked you could get 500 from it.

I guess it depends on the mission?

I only did Whiteout. I think I got 200-300 or so.

I have right now 7k questionite shekels and 2500 unrefined ones.

Let me show you some fine examples of those super heros then, I am sure they will help making the Mighty Reich Rangers even more greater :^)

You can do adventure packs for 5k.

no,you get 30 once a day, then you get 8 for the race.
if i recall the amount of coins you get starts deminishing after certain amount of races.

unlocking shit (cept for auras and costumes pieces) is never easy in this superjewish game

the amount is random between 200 and 1500

What's the point of crazy dress up options if game looks and play like shit?
DCUO > CO
Saints Row 3 > Saints Row 2
Fuck you fucking hipsters.

Champions being shit doesn't make DCUO any less shitty.

Hol up, do you get access to all paywalled content if you subscribe?

Yes

Cryptic thinks increasing the grind is the same thing as making more content. The braindead idiots on their forum are happy to suck their cock for it.

This is some new level of jewry man.

It's chinkery, it's like jewry except they aren't good at high finance

Like this bad guy?

Methinks you can sell that questionite for a nice amount of Zen. Enough to unlock a lot of stuff.

Cheapest vehicle costs 975 UNTIL recog, which takes for goddamn ever

And the worst of it there is only vehicle available for it too, fucking chinks man.

There actually is a laughably badly-voiced Chinese bad guy named High Pan, based completely on Lo Pan from Big Trouble in Little China.

The one that appears in the Westside mission chain early on?
The one that gives a big speech of how villans will unite and crush everyone and immediately escapes when you arrive?

Yeah he looks like Lo Pan and even sounds like him.