Which mods do I get for prey 2006?

So I downloaded prey 2006 from the far away seas and I was wondering what mods do I use to make my prey experience enjoyable?

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/prey
itunes.apple.com/us/app/prey/id425258189
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Did you really needed to make a thread out of this? Go vanilla first run.

Cunt.

I'd like to enhance my first play as much as possible

Prey has mods?

You're a faggot.

Prey is already a shitty Doom 3 mod by itself.

Prey has some Doom engine mods, same they use to make for Quake 4 and Doom 3. But they aren't worth making a fuse of.
nexusmods.com/prey

Its mostly shaders, parallax and small gameplay changes.

fpbp

prey is fine as it is

What the fuck?

Wow there are really people like you.
I understand some games have issues and need community fixes or improvements to make it on par but holy shit.

The game is great by itself please don't rape it for no reason.

So, what the fuck happened? I tried looking it up on Steam and it's been delisted. Bethesda apparently claims they ran out of CD Keys and it would be really really hard to make more, like seriously guys, it's just not doable.

I take it they're trying to memory hole the original game in order to push more copies of their shitty nu-Prey?

Yeah they are.

Dick move, but I was going to pirate it anyhow, so this changes nothing.

Good night, sweet gaping vagina walls.

The game is abandonware, and there is no way to digitally buy the game, so piracy is the only way to play the game now

They can't possibly think anyone is this retarded.

There is nothing new under the sun.

Prey got pulled out from steam in 2012. Prey remake was released in 2017

People actually liked Prey? All I remember from when it released was everyone shitting on the lack of enemy variety and boring guns.

And here I got exited that there were mods for the original Prey.
Why the hell does Bethesda hate that game so much.

It was possible to mod the original Prey since it ran on the Doom 3 engine but basically nobody did

Hmph. What a shame. Oh well. It was probably a clunky mess. Thankfully, the good folks at Bethesda have got you covered with a TRUE rendition of the title. It goes on sell very often, but I say buy it at full price to show the devs you want need a Prey 2!

It would have been hit markets, follow objective markers and press X or B for moral choice. Search your heart.

fugg

(checked)
Nothing else expected

Feels good man.

Pro tip: the Doom 3 engine is a bit retarded. Internally it runs at 64 tick but the frame rate wants to max out at 60, so you end up with a microstutter caused by dropping 4 frames every second. You can use the console command com_fixedtic 1 to unlock the tick/frame rate but then frame rates above 60fps make the game run too fast. To fix this, use vsync or a frame rate cap.

are you real

The only mod prey needs is more Art Bell shows.

FTFY.

It could use a fix for the low move speed, to be honest. The game's scripted to reset walking speed on every load so you have to go into the console every time to set it higher.

Wasn't Prey 2 shitcanned at around the time Prey got delisted?

Nah it was shitcanned way later. Prey 1 got delisted years and years ago

Strangely, it seems the Mac version is still available.
itunes.apple.com/us/app/prey/id425258189

prey got delisted because they ran out of keys during a sale.

feels damn good, to bad i will never play as a damn redskin again…

i need a source on that

Whelp, this isn't Skyrim modding the already modified version of the Doom 3 engine means any real modding is practically their own games most of the time or very minor fixes. Some tech demos showing off some other things too but that's mostly Doom 3 stuff.

Did you even see the original game's demo showcase that caused Bethesda to salivate at the mouth and try to devour the dev team into their soul crushing machine? That shit looked great.

It's the excuse they gave but I'm almost certain it's complete bullshit unless they signed some retarded contracts
There's no technical barrier to removing or working around the cdkey system.

My copy came with four working CD-Keys nestled in a .txt file.

they literally had no cd keys left to give out. The game doesn't use steam keys and more couldn't be generated without infringing on id software's IP.

So yeah, legal limbo bullshit.

yeah, they literally ran out of cd keys so you would end up registering a doom 3 or ressurrection of evil or quake 4 cd key instead. More like limitations of an algorithm used to generate keys you idiot.

There is no single reason outside of legalities they couldn't bypass the key requirement and switch to the steam licensing system.

oh well its settled then, they legally couldn't do it because it would be illegal. got any more wise analysis you retarded pirate faggot

>>>/cuckchan/

hi reddit

user in charge of listening an believing any bullshit publishers can come up with.