Remothered - Chaser Horror Games

I played it so you don't have to… I guess, not bad, graphically taxing due to poor optimization and other things, this is one of those "Clock Tower" style games but so far it was OK (the game is still Early Access), I liked it a bit more than NightCry, maybe because it doesn't seem to be made for mobile phones in mind.

Also, what do you think would make a good horror game with the "chaser" mechanic?

Why? Why? Why?

Exactly what?

what ?

Why metronome is considered spooky? What's spooky in metronome? You only use it to train timing of tact in a piano playing. That's it. After getting used you don't need it. Its a fucking training accessory.

Metronomes are using for brain washing certain characters in the story as a way of "mesmeric control" or something like that.

Are you ok user ? Do you need to talk about something going on in your life ?

PFFFFFF HAHAHAHAHA

OOO, I AM SPOOKY METRONOME, I AM BRAINWASHING YOU

One of the few downsides in this game is also the use of QTE, just enough for them to be noticed though.

Hey, I am not the author, would you prefer one of those weird black and white circling machines or a pendulum?

Pretentious millennial garbage found fucking Metronome scary. I bet cross is for the same reason there, because author is a fucking hipster and tries too hard to create a classy horror. I bet author hated his piano school too, maybe metronome symbolizes his inner psychological hate for his traditionalist parents or something.

>brainwashing is handled in a silly, retarded way again
Man this fetish is suffering.

Well, you only got it half right, there is some kind of Christian cult involved or at least one weird bloody nun, there are not many pianos in the game though and you don't do anything with them so far.

Soon you can call spooky scary "christian" cults in video games a cliche that's able to compete with world war 2 games.

That's the thing though, it's not treated like a joke. Every fucking time it's treated like a serious, tragic matter, but in execution it's just a weird screen and B-movie tier dialogue. The one video game that gave it a modicum of attention was The Evil Within's DLC since the whole thing is about the female protagonist being conditioned to have her boss possess her mind, but even then her actual indoctrination into the ebul conspiracy group is a silly screen and questions. Fuck that lazy shit, it's the subversion of a human mind we're talking about here, not a funfair show.

B-movie like Evil Dead? those were good, maybe not that scary but good.

Outlast 2, resident evil 7.. how much do you bet that it will take place in southern US too?

Will? the game is already out, I would be tempted to stream it if I could only play it without my GPU going over 68ºC, I know it can handle it but it triggers my autism.

How fucking long has Remothered been in production anyway? Seems like it's been nearly a decade. If it's anything like NightCry, it can fuck right off though, that was complete garbage.

Apparently 5 years (after they stopped trying to do a fan remake of Clock Tower First Fear), want me to record some footage?

Cults have to be christian-ish because the whole of islam is a cult already.

That's what I remembered. But sure, if you feel like posting footage, that'd be neat.

Don't, no need for cancer.

Eh, as this can attest, I can't play it for a stream unless it is in low settings.

Small sample of the "chase" stuff, I slipped onto the inventory screen for a second though.

Yeah, otherwise the game runs even worse.

and the mc is just a cuck that left his cute childhood friend get raped and then suicide after

I made a guide if you decide to pirate the game.

does it require a guide to pirate?

No, just to play it as fast as possible, is basically for blind runs, no spoilers or anything.

Looks like it plays like a bag of ass.

I certainly didn't try failing on purpose, I was also expecting to be able to hide under the bed at some point.

The mansion looks nice and atmospheric and I do like the idea of playing as an older classy woman.
The chaser seems a little boilerplate though. I wonder if it does the Haunting Ground thing and give us a chaser per chapter. It would also help to have some items to diversify gameplay.

This shit is simply inexcusable. Eventually we're going to reach a point where videogames become theoretical concepts since no one can afford the hardware to run them.

Actually there are three chasers, well, two and half, the second one is way creepier if you ask me.

Is that anything like unbirth?

Sadly not.

Not even close to the point.

Just adding to it, not trying to argue with you.

metronomes are lit, u kno wat imma saying? maybe it gives a sense of tension when played in the silence?

I thought about playing this game, but then I saw it advertised in jewbook, I stayed away from it inb4 faggots will think I have a real account in zuccbocc

Southern horror actually sounds neat, but in current year it'd obviously be used for awful social commentary.

No way, Remothered's out? … I take it that it's not explicitly a Clock Tower remake/reboot anymore?

Nope, stopped being Clock Tower long ago, still has some obvious inspiration due to the genre, I recommend you pirate it and check it, as I said, if the game was able to run smoothly on High settings at least I would stream it.

wew

well, it is a horror game.

Requirements aren't even that high, the game seems to get massive FPS drops on good machines anyway, as someone who is trying to learn UE4 I still can't imagine how much trash assets you have to put on a level for it to lag that much, cutscenes appear to be pre-rendered or somehow less taking because those seem to run well enough most of the time.

It is not even close to SH by regular ot Tomm Hulett standards.

i know, but you know they are baiting with he whole flashlight on her chest and that big ass hat monster.

There is no big monster as far as I know.

i mean the monster with the big hat

Is not even that big, apparently is some kind of twisted cultist nun with a weird hat.

Its some supernatural nun that suddenly appears covered in moths based on this shit, there's also the giant NEET woman that chases you screaming when you steal her tv remote or toys

Actually the dress was based on this, since it was near the end I was never actively chased by her after taking her batteries, I recall the nun being nearby while Celeste was enraged but never saw them chasing me at the same time.

I'm pretty sure Haunting Ground was the last good game in this genre.

Were there more "chaser" horror games aside from NightCry?

The closest are the Amnesia and Outlast games, but they're quite different.