OFFICIAL DEMO DAY THREAD ~ Holla Forums + /agdg/

OFFICIAL DEMO DAY THREAD ~ Holla Forums + /agdg/
Please be patient we have autism edition

A seasonal community event in which your fellow nodev anons show off their vidya, and for you anons to do what you do best.
Play our vidya, and tell us how we can improve, show us the untapped potential you see, tell us how much our game sucks (or doesn't, after you've played it of course), and why it does or doesn't suck.

Obligatory Notices
Please post criticism/bugs/etc in this thread.
After this thread is culled, please post criticism/bugs/etc here: >>>/agdg/29845

Demos
More to come, but here's the already posted demos by sleepydevs:

>>>/agdg/29843
>>>/agdg/29841
>>>/agdg/29837

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/yxinslqwlhrw0ql/Autumn Willow DEMO Nov 11-17.zip?dl=0
8agdg.wikidot.com/dash-blitz
mega.nz/#!wTwHAJRY!zY7hlH5V5T0ofh3VpP1JeTq4PfXUf2-Hxh3Mfv0jjVA
bensound.com/
mega.nz/#!oQJTTCpZ!bkOOWdYDr_zUtwUpAD_eb9GDgmK_Aj5YrjLeXquhveo
mega.nz/#!ogVghT5R!f8VOPgN1kX-EjHY1m8GRSmcV2ncyHQ2z4hjA4PLs05E
shodanon.itch.io/beelzebox
8agdg.wikidot.com/beelzebox
8agdg.wikidot.com/ue4-survival-project
doctard.itch.io/historia
cwook.itch.io/shadows-of-a-new-form
8agdg.wikidot.com/sigma-ii
kircode.com/post/how-i-wrote-my-own-3d-game-engine-and-shipped-a-game-with-it-in-20-months
8agdg.wikidot.com/gottagofast
archive.is/xj0GC
crystalshard.net/),
drive.google.com/open?id=1_gwcA4Ecf7VHkv5DTyjj6JagAExzDb_W
dropbox.com/s/8v8q0aok9br98f6/Everyday Lite v1.15.rar?dl=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ANCHOR POST

Latedevs, please reply to this post so other anons can easily find your submission

Occultus - 2D Action platformer

>>>/agdg/29843

Demos are linked in the second post! Feel free to browse the site to find more information too.

IT'S ON BOYOSSS

I'm here to judge you

GMOTA, a fantasy arcade brawling Doom mod.

>>>/agdg/29846

MARK
STICKY PLEASE?
I hope he's not asleep, fug

good idea

please do so

Just report OP and ask

ok done, every1 please don't flood the report system in the meantime kek

thank u for the sticky

Letting artists near code was a mistake

I consider myself a programmer more than an artist
no bully

>I consider myself a programmer more than an artist
>no bully
Prepare for bully

Lol i don't have a game. I had to make one?

lostboy.exe

I'm still here user. These were concept characters for a WindWaker/Bravely Default mix artstyle when i started deving and thought i could make a massive RPG all by myself. Well, i hope these were at least useful to others.

Occultus' demo is pretty fun until the fucking chandelier part where those gargoyle cunts ruin everything.
I acidentally got past it by being hit by one of them and being pushed away to the right chandelier.

I was considering blowing this Demo Day off since my game is nowhere near ready for a demo, but it is playable. Should I post it regardless?

Don't, its not worth showcasing shit product, be a smarty.

Fair enough. I just wanna go to bed right now anyway.

this, my game is playable but certainly not built atm for a demo.
better to wait until next demo day.

same

I don't necessarily agree. It depends on the goal of your testing. I think it can absolutely be worth showing your stuff even if it doesnt look the greatest if youre focus testing on a gameplay element in order to decide what should be changed. Constant testing and getting multiple POVs is important from the get go to hone features and keep your vision in check.

Personally there's nothing to really test for my game and half of the shit in it does currently not work so I'm not posting it.

Good job getting demos out lads. I didn't make it but will for 2/2.

Well, I decided to post what I have anyways and get some feedback. A lot of the behaviors were added roughly 2h before this thread was made, so it's buggy, and non-functional and probably not worth your time.

That said, it's only 70 kb, and I would be interesting to know what OS's can run it. I built in on a Windows 7 machine with XNA, and I'd to know if it can work with WinXP SP2 and Windows 10

dropbox.com/s/yxinslqwlhrw0ql/Autumn Willow DEMO Nov 11-17.zip?dl=0

You can mess around with some of the objects and make a level with a text file, but again, it's mostly not functioning, so I don't expect anyone who downloads this to mess around for more than a few minutes.

Alright here's my demo, Dash Blitz.
8agdg.wikidot.com/dash-blitz
mega.nz/#!wTwHAJRY!zY7hlH5V5T0ofh3VpP1JeTq4PfXUf2-Hxh3Mfv0jjVA

Made in Unity. I'm trying to make a fast-paced platformer with versus elements. It's not quite a fighting game and I hesitate to call it a "platform fighter", but it's definitely built around fighting other players.
The goal is a game that feels good to handle, and is easy on the eyes. That means clean, simple visuals with no excess bloom and particle effects.

Music is royalty-free filler taken from here: bensound.com/
Sound effects are very basic, the characters need improvement, I'm fighting a losing battle with the camera and the enemies aren't modeled at all. But as far as gameplay goes it should be pretty clean. I've mainly focused on the movement and making it feel fun, but I've spent so much time with it I might be completely off base in my judgment.
Any feedback you guys can offer would be great.

Oh, and I dumped some loretism on the wiki. Basic synopsis and some character descriptions.

tl;dr I made Mega Man Zero but you can shoot each other and I'm scared to call it Mega Man Zero

Same. I was actually going to post a demo anyway because who cares, but I'm not sure since it was decided that this should be a sticky thread in the biggest board in Holla Forums. I don't think either side can gain anything from my game at this point.

Not the best castlevania clone i've played.
you should try nailing the jump physics from an actual classic castlevania game. When you jump forward and push against the momentum you can slow down the momentum to an almost dead halt, this would be nice when going around "corners" while falling down a lot faster. along with holding up/down to look up or down or designing the levels better with better camera placement.

You've won me over. I'm too drunk to try it out now, but I'll definitely check it out.

I'm gonna drop acid and make some tunes for my video game I wont ever make because I suck cunt at programming, though I do already made some tunes to set the mood of what I want, it's video game that's meant to make people really depressed and wanna melt their brains, like Drakengard but even worse. It's real in my head though, that's what counts. I can play the whole of MGS1 in my head with all the details 1:1, thanks brain of brains.

This game is called "Rouge Commander", and it's a 2D game that I was working on so that I have something to show off on Demo Day. I started working on it last week but didn't have time on most of the days to work on it so it didn't have as much time as I would have liked.

You can download it on MEGA:
mega.nz/#!oQJTTCpZ!bkOOWdYDr_zUtwUpAD_eb9GDgmK_Aj5YrjLeXquhveo

Inside the zip file is a readme and a compressed executable, the game only takes 225kb because of this.

Level 1 is one of those games where you have a flying thing and it shoots bullets and dodges bullets, I think its a SHUMP. Then level 2 is a platformer but I didn't have any time to program in enemies or finish making the level because I started 11 hours ago on the platformer part. It's still cool though.

I'm normally working on Sigma II, so this was a nice break to take.

sorry i just woke up, will redo

Everyday Lite is a vertical slice of the game im working on Everyday Life, it has 2 of the 8 main features that will be present in the main game, the deepest cooking system ever made and the Faerie management system
Both systems are integrated as a game, use the Faeries to gather ingredients and cook delicious sweets for them headpats are included
Links over here
>>>/agdg/29837
Please leave all feedback on the /agdg/ thread linked so i don't have to hunt down posts arround 3 or so threads.

THE FAE COMMUNITY

I feel like a Polygon writer right know

why aren't you a g0d gamer like me? all you have to do is double jump on the tail, or if you're a true pro god gamer, manipulate the spawns and intentionally get hit by the flying enemy and jump off that way

The chandeliers are incredibly deceiving. It looks as if its one of those see-saw puzzles where you have to orient the platform and then make the jump with your increased height, but this actually is not that. The chandelier re-orients itself too quickly for it to function like that.
Instead, you can make the jump normally, but only when the chandelier is in its normal horizontal position. So your goal is to double jump as puts it. First jump on the edge to re-align the chandelier, then jump with the height being acceptable. At the same time, you should try to manipulate the gargoyle spawns; if they spawn whilst you're at chandelier height, they'll block your flight path to the next chandelier. If they spawn when you are at the apex of your jump, then they will spawn well above it, allowing you to make the jump.

Optionally, you can jump into a gargoyle in a specific way and get knockbacked forwards onto the next chandelier. I did this once by accident.

This truly is the dark souls of chandeliers.

Oh shit, new version finally?

Yes and no. This isn't the official release, I'm just doing a pre-release for demoday and for the /vr/ Doom boys.
The real deal should be soon… ish.

I eagerly await that day. I've been hounding the ZDoom community forum thread, but I assume it would be better to check out the /vr/ Doom thread then.

For now, yes. Originally I was being a little quiet on the /vr/ doom thread because I wanted to surprise my home board with the Doomslayer, but then some penis posted my progress I was posting on halfchan's /agdg/ on the /vr/ doom thread. So I said "fuck it" and went back to posting progress steadily there again.

The botmod deleted a post here because it used the user.to link shortener. I'm really sorry. I removed it from the blacklist. This was it:

(15.02 MB, 1600x1000, 255:159, Demoday Beelzebox 11.11.2017 - 12.55.36.01.webm)
(575.17 KB, 1920x1200, 255:159, Demoday Beelzebox Screenshot 2017.11.11 - 12.57.51.79.jpg)
(314.90 KB, 1920x1200, 255:159, Demoday Beelzebox Screenshot 2017.11.11 - 13.02.52.05.jpg)

Thanks for mentioning in the OP. Here's a bit more on my demo.

The game's called BEELZEBOX. It's an action RPG. I'm trying to re-capture some of the charm of the original Diablo.

DOWNLOAD HERE:
mega.nz/#!ogVghT5R!f8VOPgN1kX-EjHY1m8GRSmcV2ncyHQ2z4hjA4PLs05E

and here, for those less trusting:
shodanon.itch.io/beelzebox
The download you want is the DemoDay BeelzeBox.zip. It's a 32 bit build for Windows.

Most of you know how to play typical isometric ARPGs, but for those of you who don't there's a recap on the wiki:
8agdg.wikidot.com/beelzebox

Hope you guys have fun playing this early build. I'll be happy to answer any questions and will accept any criticism. It's likely that if you have a suggestion, I'll be implementing it!

You can either give your feedback here or in the dedicated /agdg/ thread:
>>>/agdg/29865

Again, have fun and good luck. Post your scores too.

thank you modanon, we appreciate it

What are you using to make this? Unity?

ah, i'm not the dev of BEELZEBOX
Though, yes, it's done in Unity.

I love head pats but cheeks massaging is an underused mechanic. Good on you user

Alright first things first 2 things going on in the picture
First: I didn't realize I paused the game before alt tabbing and though the game was no longer responding to my inputs.
Second: when I pause while sliding down a wall the character moves slightly inside of the wall, circled in purple.
I would like to climb the wall as shown by the red line because its cooler then just wall kicking on one wall, but I can't seem to do it right. When I try to hold; in the pictures case, right then jump then press left to move to the opposite wall it tries to have me do a wall kick as if I was still holding right because I haven't switched to left fast enough.
When I try to press both left and jump at the same time I often times will detach from the wall because I held left long enough to detach. When I try to press them at the same time I also fall off.

i was going to make it "pinch cheeks" as a bullying option, but could not do it to my faeries

I kind of wish you would change the controls to a J, K, L kind of setup instead of J, I, O. Also, for the love of god, turn down the music.

thanks, broseph.

thank you, modanon. I was out for a while and couldn't repost.

Gunna add the webm that was attached to the original post.

I was going to make a mod pretty similar to this but my friends told me not to.
Now I'm sad.

Thanks for playing and thanks for the input guys. I'll look into holding to look up and down l, that's a good idea. Ill also be tuning that chandelier part lmao

Dude, you've got to be hoping for the best, just like I do.
I didn't make it in time for this demo day, and probably won't make it for the next one either, but I decided that I'll post more about my project on the /agdg/ threads from now on.
It's a big project, so it will need some time.

What project are you working on?

Not quite as /agdg/ as some of the other entries here, but I figured I would direct you to Team Fortress 2 Vintage as well, Holla Forums's interpretation of early TF2.

Thread link

Install instructions

welcome to the big project guys table, i thought i'd had a demo ready for today but here we are

It's a good feel dude. We'll do it. AAA is gonna kill itself off and then there will just be us.

I've been very secretive about it thus far. Here is the wiki link:
8agdg.wikidot.com/ue4-survival-project
I hoped that I could create some more graphics to show some screenshots today, but I didn't have enough time. Vid related shows what I'm going for.

So what are you working on then?

Reminds me of Penumbra. Lookin' good.

Please someone here should help me.
Give me cool abilities that have never be done before.

psychic finger guns
teleporting behind you
unsheathing your katana

Shadow manipulation
But you have to write an autistic dynamic lighting system to make sure that only actual shadows caused by light sources you can affect are used

Oh its this project, I haven seen that you posted here on the local /agdg/ thread before, well keep it up.

If i can get some Patreon support so i don't starve in the 7~8 months of savings i have left i swear i will bring in a new golden age of comfy farm sims

If it has qts like the one in that post then I might drop a few shekels toward it

an FPS with Titanfall 2 mobility and FEAR time manipulation.

here's my shit i guess, haven't touched it in at least a month
doctard.itch.io/historia

i started making the models currently redoing the main character, the next 3 characters will be marriable christmas cake, genki slav girl, sleepy sheepgirl loli

I made this a few months ago for a game jam but I never posted it in AGDG:
cwook.itch.io/shadows-of-a-new-form

5 stages of writing C++

Good luck I guess? Why is this a sticky? Isn't this some form of eceleb rule breaking?

Forgot to anchor

8agdg.wikidot.com/sigma-ii
kircode.com/post/how-i-wrote-my-own-3d-game-engine-and-shipped-a-game-with-it-in-20-months

By sucking corporate cock and kicking out anyone remotely ambitious?

Lurk more.

I am but there's nothing worth posting, not much to see. I've been working mostly on my own networking system (yeah 'waste of time' but it's educational). Now working on the input system, real exciting.

RIP Tetradev. You made 8/agdg/ what it is today
If you see this, please come back
please

Bazilion loot got bazilioned?

Where's your game, user.

Well, thanks. It's a lot of work, because it's an ambitious project; probably even too ambitious. However, if I spend hours and hours of my time on something, I might as well go big. It's not like I'm getting that time back anyway.

Grind Gear Working title, I'm open to suggestions for a better name

This is a is momentum-based 3D Platformer where you play as a robot with a skateboard. The slope physics let you pick up speed going downhill, but make you lose speed going uphill. You have two modes you switch between, skate mode and running mode. In running mode you maintain speed and turn better, but skate mode makes you go faster downhill. Both modes also have special abilities like wall jumping when on foot, or grinding on your skateboard.

The map was thrown together last night so it's pretty messy, but it should give you a feel for the physics.

8agdg.wikidot.com/gottagofast

mega.nz/#!Nr53wIgD!QzdvuvUbtcLswNIWSSFzv_tgTM7f2FRkEzYgEo7wijY

Why would he?

I'm terrible with names, who was tetradev again? Why'd he leave?

Wasn't it because of the whole Nier Automata stuff? I can somewhat recall he left this board because the Nier devs stole his idea or something as one of them was here.

ohno was he the one who was making that game with the winged mech girls? That's kind of a dumb reason to quit though.

Guy working on a CUHRAYZEE game with an android waifu fighting robots. Then Nier Automata came out, and he kinda went crazy claiming Nier was a rip-off of his game Note that AAA games are in development for a lot longer than they're announced, so he's 99.99% certainly wrong. He went into a Nier thread, the anons there made fun of him and followed him into the /agdg/ threads, and eventually he disappeared off the internet entirely.
Note that he had a pretty large debt to the polish mob, because his mom borrowed money and then disappeared herself.

Is this that game that had those sweet looking wall sliding mechanics? It looks a lot like it. Looking really cool man.

I remember this. Sometimes people forget how brutal anonymous sites can be and if you throw an autistic fit people are going to take advantage of it.

Yeah that's the one I mean. Damn, I was kind of looking forward to that game getting completed some time. It looked neat whenever he posted webms. That's a pretty retarded way to sperg out though.
I hope anons will take a lesson from this to not give a shit what AAA devs are doing and to just make the game you want to play.

Wew what a clusterfuck. Hope he's ok though.

Pretty good. I sent you a survey so no point in repeating what I wrote here.

Quite a lot of new stuff compared to what I saw last time. I see you managed to un-retard your spinning enemies while keeping detection and gave them ability to patrol. Nice.
I had one problem though, webm related.

Unfortunately it didn't capture the image beside the cursor but that's not necessary because the problem is with sound. At some point I started hearing some weird sound distortions, something similar to white noise and so on. At first I though you did this on purpose because a super abstract demon from hell or something would appear but then it started to just repeating this fucking banging. The changes in sound you hear are caused by me moving around so the source of this sound is probably corpse of one of the enemies.

I unfortunately missed it, but was it really him or someone else just pretending because they noticed he's prone to sperging out?

Let's not sugar coat it, though. Tetradev had a huge fucking sperg fit in the Nier threads, he was being such a fucking sped for so fucking long that someone had the time to paint an image of 2B stepping on the head of Tetrachrome's protagonist(Which I have saved somewhere but I can't find it right now).
He had it coming and the only part where I think anons went too far was following him back to the /agdg/ threads.

Haha wut? He spazzed out about androids then the Polish mafia murdered him and his mom?
Eastern Eurofags are the best laugh.

This is made up.

This is made up too, the drawing was done in a drawthread after someone else made a request for the opposite image, according to the drawfag.

Shit, I wouldn't mind playing this but Mega is begging me to download their desktop app, and that ain't happenin'.

Can confirm

The odds of his Donut Steel waifu being stolen for N:A are abysmally low. I would be more confident in winning the Power Ball tomorrow. I do know the pain of having your idea for a game show up in some other game first though. For Honor has a simplified version of a melee combat system that I had envisioned ages ago.

Where's drillboy?

For what its worth, I think that For Honor squandered its ideas and only proved that there is an audience for that type of game. They're just waiting for a good one to come out. Bannerlord will probably take em.

I wrote pixelshit in a collective four days of work because my 3d engine isn't ready yet.

This is true, it was a "what is your favorite game" thread, and money is owed to some kind of housing development. From my understanding:

I'm kind of fuzzy on it, though. The game he was making was supposed to get him out of debt.

Neir fans were shitting on him before he posted about Nier being plagiarism, which was on a "Favorite game" thread and not a Nier thread.

Possessing enemy's armor while they're still wearing it. Path of Exile has a similar ability where you can animate individual pieces of armor to form your own dully decked out specter, but here you can use the randomized equipment enemy units are wearing against them, this can:
-instastrip your opponent, lowering their defenses/attack power
-stun and damage them by squeezing the armor into itself
-create an armor specter right then and there that acts like a copy of the stripped enemy

Something resembling Fear, but here you fuck with the enemy AI's pathfinding, so they're all still locked onto your character, but have a really hard time navigating towards you. Think Inception/Dr. Strange kind of mindfuck going on in their heads.

Mana manipulation/destabilization. Enemies with little mana fucking explode, while those with big mana pools have it sapped away/cause self harm on casting.

Binding trap mastery. Ropes, ropes and more ropes. Entangle, slow, trip, confuse, choke, and hang niggers. Everything done with individual ropes, good luck calculating all the collision shit.

Portal/multidimensional understanding. Like the other user suggested, teleport behind bakas, spawn copies of yourself, spawn random shit from random dimensions, put portals underneath your enemies, open portals in front of black holes (use with caution), etc.

I'm not a creative person, I can only copy what others had made and sort of put them together into thematic sets of abilities.

Did he actually had any progress done on this idea of a game of his or was it just the average agdg fag doing agdg things?
shiposting and metafagging

He definitely had work done. In fact I remember that there was some stream that Mark had set up where we all watched a reel of some games that people here were working on, and his was in that. You could see the combat and other stuff, there's probably a video of it somewhere.

Speaking of that agdg reel thing from way back, does anyone remember that other fast paced action beat em up game from that reel? Where you're some kind of robot and you teleport around and its super fast? It looked pretty cool, I wonder what happened to it.

You're thinking of We Shall Wake. They have been radio silent for a while. They have a Twitter account you can keep an eye on in the future.

Those names are fucking hilarious.

Yeah that's the one. Found their account. I wish they posted more about their progress and techniques here. I'd be really interested in reading about the process.

i can try with my autism

I am very certain the debt had to do with his mom who ran away from home, but can't find any archived thread containing that. And the people he owed money to was his city council, but he referred to them as the polish mob at least once and even when he does refer to them as the city council he calls them corrupt as fuck.
archive.is/xj0GC This is the only archive I could find in this amount of time that discusses the topic at all, but the further back you go the less archives we have, and this costs more effort than I want to put in.

He had gameplay nearly finished, was polishing up his model and some graphical effects when he left, and probably needed to finish a lot more content. But he was well on his way to a finished product.

Yeah, tetradev and myself had an email exchange a couple of weeks ago. We didn't get very far because … well … it's best summarized as a situation where two strangers talked past each other until one of them got fed up with it.
I made a lot of assumptions about his motivations which turned out to be wrong. His last response to me made it crystal clear that he wasn't much better in this regard himself. He literally told me what he thought I thought about him at the time, and it was pretty much as wrong as it gets. I supposedly think that he's childish (which I don't), that he's stubborn (which i don't, either), that everything is his fault (which it is not) and that I must have been pretty frustrated and angry at that point, because he refused to bend over and go back to /agdg/ to suck everyone's dick (which is neither how I felt about the situation nor what I wanted him to do in the first place).
I actually wanted to tell him that and see if we could stop putting words in each other's mouths. However, I procrastinated and two weeks after he wrote me his email, I began a hardware upgrade which took two more weeks. After one month has passed, I simply didn't want to bother him again. I thought it would be a little bit weird.
I'm not good with people.

I dunno, his combat animations still left a lot to be desired. They didn't have the speed and punch that you would expect of the kinds of games it was clearly taking inspiration from.

I would post my game but its not really in a presentable state at this point. Next demo day.

And that's why I try not to make a scene if I can avoid it. People bring out that type of sperginess out of me. I get the feeling that, if I was in his shoes, I would have handled it even worse. It's also why I barely post on /agdg/. though i suppose i should only blame myself for the fact that no one cares about my game

some people say all i have is a name and an anagram

His story goes way back to halfchan. A lot of things went wrong over the years and I can only hope that his story serves as a cautionary tale for myself. Well, that and I also hope he's fine.
What's your game?

It looks like it because it is!

That's weird, you shouldn't need the app to download it.

It says it's too big to download through the browser.

Ah, okay, nix that. It was giving me troubles because I had it opened in a private window. Did not know Mega did not like that for larger files.

That formula never works

Are fightan gaymen easy to make? What's the easiest games to make?

I love how if you play it long enough we get to see that at some point you just decided to slam your hands all over your keyboard to make music. Also, this happened to me while I was trying to jump onto platforms with just the board. For some reason he tilted himself so the board would hit the wall (I guess I was going too slow) and when I took off the board, he stayed like that. Until I jumped. It's really fun, though. Wall jumping in tiny crevices between buildings was the funnest part. But for the love of god, please make a way for the mouse to not be inverted.

This is some gameplay, granted i'm complete shit at this it had a lot of stuff, like a terrain system, and a whole bunch of big levels, and different enemies and weapons and glider that isn't being shown here. It was the level of content where you can safely say that it could actually be released and live up to what it was supposed to be, at some point.

Sounds similar to Grinding Gear Games, the devs of Path of Exile. Definitely change the title before release

Easiest in terms of what? In terms of programming, its anything that doesn't require much physics imo. IE like the top down zelda games, those probably wouldn't be to hard to get going. Fighting games are hard because in order to make it good it relies so much on timing based on frame count and requires a high level of skill and creativity in terms of actually designing movesets/characters and making moves feel like they have consistent "impact". It's probably easy to make a bad one, but a good one that actually feels right has a lot of tiny little components that make all the difference in the world.

Yeah you can tell that the animations are unfinished but that there was a shell of an interesting game that you could see through them anyways.

My recording makes them look like shit, it's much better in the actual game

Hey guys, a quick question about UE4 from a noob's perspective.

I'm working on a sandboxey game, and as much as I'm catering to a singleplayer experience, I'm hoping I can add a multiplayer support eventually. Now, the question is - do I have to account for multiplayer from the very beginning, or can it be an afterthought, when most game mechanics are fleshed out? Not having to worry about the difficulty of making multiplayer work at this stage would be a load off my back.

This map sort of is but the actual levels will be A to B, but maybe not as narrow and linear as Nu-Sonic.

Tilting to land on walls is a feature! It has some kinks that need worked out like in your pic. Currently you can also jump straight up and stick to a ceiling since there is falling off of walls yet.
I was going to have fully remapable controls including inverting the mouse but ran out of time for the demo. Glad you liked it!

Agh I knew that name sounded familiar. Here I thought I was ripping off Air Gear

I can't fucking move. Or well I technically can but barely
my character is walking in place and after like 2 walk cycles he moves a literal centimeter if not less
this is unplayable, and it actually did look like it'd be fun from how the attack and jump controls felt (which worked fine)
Anyone know any fixes to this?

I won't be ready for this. See you retards next time.

Entirely depends on your game, the mechanics and how you want to incorporate multiplayer into the game I'd say.

I'm basically trying to recreate what old Minecraft was like, except with transvoxel instead of cubes so potentially unlimited LOD on a given section. I've got a massive hard-on for destructible environments. Basically a player would be dropped into a given world, without any kind of matchmaking, for an unlimited time period. It's really more of a technical question than a question of design.

Cogs in a Box
Olliebot
Grindbot
360tron
Greased Gear
Fast Fest
Programmed to SKATE
Gnarly Code
I don't know why, but Consider The Following/Falling is stuck in my head now.

Dev here. Did you try toggling the shader on and off? (zero key) For reasons I haven't nailed down yet related to the shader it does this sometimes when it loads a scene(the intro too if the text is skipping around). If that doesn't work I'm not too sure I'll need more info. What resolution are you on? Fullscreen or windowed?

Ess Spee

Fullscreen 1920 x 1080
Yes, I did. Tried it multiple times in-game and in the menu, didn't work

Damn. Have you tried running it windowed yet? Also I noticed that at least on my laptop when I had OBS open to record the game threw an autistic fit until I set things up but that might be OBS. It dropped frames but not to where I couldnt move that badly.

Try running windowed at like 720p. Maybe that will work. I'm going into work right now but I'll try and keep monitoring this thread if you need more help.

If nothing works you can try and play the Halloween build(10/17 in "Test Builds" on my site in the AGDG thread) and see if you still have troubles there. Its quite a lot less refined than this one but it had 2 different stages and it might help narrow the issue down.

Did exactly whatcha said and tried the shader toggle again, didn't work either
all I have open right now is Firefox (a lot of tabs open for it admittedly but my computer is absolutely fine with it), 2 windows explorer files, task manager and the winrar folder the game came in, so basically nothing

Shoot, well I'm out of time but I promise I'll look into it again In about 2 hours. Sorry it's not working for you, those were the only things I thought might have been messed up. See if the older build has the same issues, maybe that will help.

That looks much better than I expected.

that's freaky as fuck. Does this happen every time you play? This might be music acting up… I find it strange that it keeps coming from the right channel.

I didn't really assume it was Tetradev who made that request when I did that image anyway.
Just some faggot who wanted an image of the dev's OC strangling 2B, so I went the opposite way.
Even to this day I have not even seen confirmation that it was him who sperged out to begin with in that one Nier thread.

Windows 7, 64-bit OS

It simply will not launch, tried running it as administrator, tried every compatibility mode, disabling DPI scaling…
nothing.

Don't suppose you have the XNA runtime library installed?

That's the only other thing I can think of, but it's something I overlooked because I have it on my machine. Either way, don't worry if you can't get it running, the screenshot is pretty much all you can do anyways, ha

Used to lurk agdg threads back then, and I was very happy to see Speebot on Steam! Has 11 pozitive reviews and 0 negatives as well. I hope everyone will have success with their games too! I believe in you, anons.

I HATE INVERTED CAMERA CONTROLS

what a worthless sack of shit

Self-cloning abilities where when you successfully land an attack, the clones mimic and try to land the same attack on your target in order to make it harder to detect you, but your clones also deal damage.

An inventory screen for collecting parts to dress up Voodoo dolls, where you then have to quickly assemble the pieces while avoiding death to make the doll resemble what you're fighting, where you then do as you please.

A lot of games have a charm ability that lets you make an enemy an ally, but they don't have a jealousy ability that turns enemies against the charmed enemy. Charm an enemy and have him help you, and when you're done with him, have other enemies focus him down for you. An unwilling agro-magnet.

A necromancer who harvests the souls of fallen enemies and collects them. He can release these souls into allies to heal them, but it causes them great (and random) mental anguish.

Intense water manipulation powers in a localized area. Solve puzzles by manipulating bodies of water, drown enemies, or even wash them away. If fighting something aquatic, pull water away from it and let it suffocate in a dry patch of land as it tries to get back to the water.

Pocket sand.

i've nothing to show this time around, but good job to everyone who's posted and will still post! proud of u all

Thanks
how low were your expectations?

Skate or Die, Robot-Guy!
Nice.

;)

HE HATES IT

Hey dude, if youre still having trouble and still in this thread, I'm back for a few minutes. If you want you can post your specs, might be helpful. My only guess is it's somehow GPU related, maybe it doesnt like the settings I have in Unity. If youre running it thru linux that might also have unexpected effects, I've only played on Windows machines.

Neat

Thanks for the help. I'll get right back to work after this.

Oh I see what's happened with the movement. I don't think I was testing for collision while the game was paused so their position isn't being corrected. I hadn't thought to test that, so thank you.
I wasn't really sure what to do with the wall kicking. I like the options that a single-wall ascent gives the player, but yeah, wall kicking between walls is a lot cooler. In either case there's currently a 5 frame window after moving away from a wall where you can jump, and a 5 frame window after pressing jump where you'll start moving away from the wall regardless of your input. Maybe that's not enough of a window either side - when I test it I usually move away and jump simultaneously.
As for the pausing, I'm just going to need to implement a pause screen. I hadn't gotten around to it but yeah, it's an important thing to have for clarity's sake.
Thanks for the feedback.

I hadn't realised the music was so loud since I've barely got any sound effects. Uh, whoops. Thanks for the catch.
Technically you can remap keys in the shitty Unity control window, but you're right and that would be a terrible excuse. Keyboard input was a last-minute addition and I've been putting off remapping controls. Should go well with a pause menu.

okay
my GPU is an EVGA 1070 (with some other suffixes and shit)
CPU is i7 6700K
I don't think any other specs should really be relevant here
I tried an older build in all the ways you suggested including windows 720p mode and I had the same problem

This is probably a small thing but you should add a way to get out/exit to the menu; I switched my character to the robot, went back to the tutorial area and got stuck and couldn't use the teleporter to get back to the character and level select screen
I love how you made the robot by the way, everything about it is perfect
Its animations (both idle and relevant ones), aesthetic and satisfaction of using it overall (besides maybe the jump but it had to have some disadvantage, right?)
Baseball bat dude's bat swing felt awkward and the animation looks strange as fuck, like he's hitting with the backswing of the bat than any actual swing
punching dude I didn't get to try out in a practical setting but damn does his range feel small for punches; didn't test projectiles though
Control scheme is overall kinda… I dunno. I played with a keyboard but I figured its probably a lot better on a controller. Just something about it made each key hard to remember for some reason. Maybe it was the fact that there were instructions for both types of keyboards and the controller all in the same tutorial, I dunno
Movement and jumps felt overall decent, dash jumps feel a little hard to execute consistently, wall jumps are pretty nice even if the animations are slightly clunky-feeling
I love hitting these "enemy" things high into the air, very satisfying
Didn't try out the shooting range since the teleporter incident, might try that area out soon

oh, besides maybe OS
Running on Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit and DX11 I think or something

Man that's so bizarre.I can't even imagine what it could be. I thought maybe you were on an older gpu or like some integrated thing, but you shouldn't be having any problems. When you jump is the motion smooth and he just walks slow? Or is it jagged?

Because I think it MIGHT be that if your framerate is super high that I messed up somewhere and it's messing with some calculation that i didn't make framerate-independent. Are you on a monitor that goes above 60 fps? That's the last possiblething i can think of.

I can't think of a way to update it to force a framerate of 60fps from my current position and I can't check the code. So if you nknow some way to limit the framerate to 60(and you are running above that), that's the only thing I can think of atm.

Yes, I'm running on a 144 Hz monitor that I might have set either 100 Hz or 144 Hz, can't remember off the top of my head
The jumping movement is fine. He walks… okay? He's just sort of walking in place, and after about 2-3 cycles of walking he moves a *very* tiny bit

I suppose I can try to set my monitor to 60 Hz

WinXP, SP3, x32, 512mb ram here. Game runs just fine out of the gate.

144hz and 60hz dual monitorfag here
I tested the game on both monitors individually, then windowed switching it back and forth between. Definitely a monitor herz issue, probably vysnc related.
If it helps you to debug, I attached a speccy pic.
Also, really cool game user, I love the art and aesthetic.

got any facts to back that up?

congrats, user, the goons played you like a damn fiddle

I have seen his posts

nice facts, user.

Sherpa's my favourite character. I wasn't sure if he was going to fit the aesthetic, originally I wanted him to look more mechanical, but I'm glad someone else liked him.
The keyboard controls are shit. I won't sugarcoat it. I really wanted to use the arrow keys and Z X C, but I needed a control scheme that would support two players. I'm not sure what the best layout for that will be, but I'm going to spend today looking into in-game remapping.
Dash jumping would be a lot easier with the right control scheme too, all you need to do is hold the dash while you jump, but with keyboards that's obviously going to take some finesse.

You CAN get back to the lobby by pausing and pressing back (Escape then Backspace), but it could be a lot clearer and I'll be working to add that to the pause menu. For what it's worth the teleporter's a "level complete" stop and you can't use it until you've gotten all the enemies. It's partially a tutorial, partially a time attack challenge.
Also Sherpa can get out of that pit, but it's a little trickier. You need to climb up the right wall, then do a dash jump away to the left wall.

#1 and Rondo definitely need to be tightened up, they're the most complete but they're not done by a long shot. I don't know if I'll be able to get the hitbox on the batter swing right until I clean the animation up, so that's high on the list.
The shooting range is mostly just to test out characters and abilities. You can't actually take damage in the lobby.
You can cancel out projectiles by shooting a projectile of equal charge strength. Alternatively you can bowl over a weaker projectile with a stronger one.
Try dashing after shield-blocking a projectile, too. That's what the Blitz in Dash Blitz refers to.

Thanks again. Have some cute robots.

Is this the way its supposed to look? If not I think my graphics card may be fried.

I got caught on that screen too. It went away when I hit escape and then Restart.

Its not going away for me

I have yet to see evidence it was really him, though.

Best news I've heard all day, user.

I had considered moving to MonoGame instead of XNA, because they were basically the same thing, but more modern and portable. This meant I would have to upgrade my .NET version, my VS version, and a few other things that would leave me without XP support.

Anyways, I've mostly blown away whatever code I had, started over, and I'm gonna fucking kill it next demo day

I can't tell if I should laugh for feel sorry for the dude

Thanks guys that's a HUGE help. I'm embarrassed that this happened haha but you've caught an issue and for that I owe you. This won't be a problem in future builds.

No worries, that's what alpha builds are for! Keep up the good work

I feel bad for him. Imagine your dream project becomes overshadowed by an infinitely bigger and more successful project with similar gameplay and aesthetic, and people now think you made a clone, despite having openly worked on your idea longer than that larger game has been public for.
His paranoia was understandable but loosely based, and the bullying didn't help

I expected this, but it still hurts. I'll play it when I fix my desktop, unless there's a way to fix it and I'm just a retard. Anyway, I hope we get to see a full game.

Cool beans. Hope to see you make a good game next time you release something. Remember that it's not technology or graphics what makes a game fun, it's emergent and engaging gameplay. I also hope you can get some good levels done with this simple puzzle maze thing.

I should port it to Linux, I'm pretty sure you can natively do this in Unity. Next time.

i cant believe anons took a bait from a fucking goon, shameful. and anons itt still think its real

This is a neat thread but next time an OP that lists all the games by (rough) genre or some other form of better organisation would be good. If anons can just look at a list and pick out the games they're interested in it will help with feedback.
If there are too many to list in the OP perhaps the OP should detail the purpose of the thread etc and then the second post should have the games and genres.

I'm sure you already know but I figured I'd mention - moving into these gates moves you through to the other side, regardless of whether or not it's safe to do so. Pic related.

I'm interested to see where this is going though. I don't know what the inspiration was but it reminds me of Chip's Challenge. I'd like to see the move speed increased a bit, otherwise I think navigating levels would feel like a chore.

Of course you'd have to organise that all ahead of time on /agdg/ but that's easily enough done. You'd want the OP something like:

FPS games
Game 1: LINK TO DEMO

Game 2: LINK TO DEMO

Game 3: LINK TO DEMO

Platformers

Game 2: LINK TO DEMO

Game 3: LINK TO DEMO

Fighting Games

Again if you have too many games for one post just have mods lock the thread and have the second post be one genre, the third be the next genre and so on. Once your done the thread can be unlocked (but still stickied).

Also devs could just apply to the post where there game is listed with more detail and screenshots etc.

Look all nice. Well I have wait for next demo day, mine is still very early in development.

Part of the issue is there wasnt an exact set time for the start that I could recall. Ideally the devs would know this time, then have their AGDG threads ready with descriptions/genre and then the OP would have an easy time formatting

Well if the basic information for the summary was prepared in advance (just ask people on AGDG in the weeks leading up to it) it wouldn't matter when you started, you'd just post what I suggested. Then the devs could show up whenever they wanted to post more info or answer questions. You'll also want this to be a Demo weekend (starting on Friday), rather than a day, because the nature of timezones means some will lose out if you only run for 24 hours.

I'm primarily cloning a game called SubTerra (crystalshard.net/), a game from 2003 which itself was an extension of games like CC, Boulderdash, etc.

Yes, gates (and ports) are supposed to let you travel through them but only if the other side is completely empty. Because I didn't set up a good way to handle behaviors beforehand, I had to basically throw code at it in the last hour and hoped it worked. It didn't.

The game currently runs at 60 fps, with a tickrate of 1.0. I eventually want to change it so that "one step" is 60 ticks, and takes about half a second, or less. For reference, you are currently moving at 20t, or 3 tiles per second. I can speed it up a bit more, and add options of course.

This is one of the reasons I made the anchor post - I saw the thread go up, and realized my submission would be in hours, so I did that to avoid having it get lost in the noise. It's okay, it's a learning process. This is a big event for /agdg/ and we don't usually have a demo day before now.

In other words I'm suggesting you ask devs to submit this info in a thread on /adgd/ in the weeks before the Demo event and the OP posts that brief summary + link on Holla Forums, regardless of which devs are around when the thread goes up, sometime on Friday. Then whenever they're awake the devs can reply to the post that mentions their game with more details, answer feedback etc any dev who missed out on the preparation for the event can also post their stuff in the thread. You'd then keep it running until Sunday because otherwise anons who got feedback from someone in a different timezone wouldn't have a chance to respond (perhaps making a new thread if the first gets full) and archive your threads when it finishes (just save them and upload them to volafile, mega or catbox and maybe use archive.io too).

Yeh, that was a very good call.
Definitely, I'm not complaining about anything and I think it's a great idea to let anons who don't frequent /adgd/ see stuff and even get almost real time feedback from the devs; I was just suggesting things for the future.

Thrashbot or Shredbot. Or pluralize it if you have more than one character.

Pretty good.

How were the sales? SteamSpy isn't very helpful, considering >Owners: 720 ± 996, is useless

C++ is a funny language
The only winning move is not to use it.

LOL how did you let 2000 errors stack up on you
please tell me this is not a real error you got, or I'll laugh to death

Because anons put in good effort into making games, not game engines. lurk more

I assume it's some dependency or refactoring issue exaggerated somewhat.

I mean, C# can be just the same. Did you know it has a NotImplemented exception type? You can implement a method to be … not implemented
It's actually useful for code generators etc to generate a valid base class with virtual methods, which the client needs to override; specifically, for objects which need to function but shouldn't be abstract

I'm sure it's just coincidence that these posts happened shortly before he stopped posting here, right? No one's EVER been btfo'd on Holla Forums before!

Just start making something. Most people who make shit that's considered deep didn't start with the intention of making something that's 2deep4u. See: Neon Genesis Evangelion. Thing was supposed to be a normal mecha show until about halfway through when Anno started hitting the bottle a little too hard.

Thoughts on ECS?

Nobody expected the people that put out the Daicon films, Hoennaise, Nadia and Gunbuster to put out a "normal" mecha show. NGE just gave them more room for experimentation than a movie or OVA and their financial crunch led to slightly stranger work than usual.

but it was a normal mecha cartoon with a weird ending

Noticed that the "Of" part used in equipment naming is missing a space.
On casually tossed away a grey shield, it hit the wall at a weird angle and bounced up to land two rooms away. The bounce physics of equipment and items might need to be toned down. That, or implement a telekinesis spell to pick up items from afar.

Also, I would like to salute you for the memorably named "Dreamcrotch".

The primary purpose of a game is to be fun.

Gameplay > graphic design > sound design > music > story

A good example of that is Portal 2. The story is simple as fuck, but the gameplay was novel enough to people who haven't played the original Portal. The rest was supplemented by the absolutely fucking superb sound design, art and music.

IMO music is as important if not moreso than graphic design. If you think about all the most memorable games, the music is among the first things that people recall. When you say Mario, the original theme is one of the very first things that pops into mind. Same thing with Castlevania, or Megaman etc. The music is incredibly important if you want to leave a lasting impression, second only to the gameplay imo.

make a simulation game, specifically a mech game

Looks awesome. As far as name suggestions go, I think this is the best one that I could come up with that doesn't sound too silly: "Overclock Grind"

This seems great so far, but please don't keep the Sonic jump sounds in.

Make a puzzle game. Eventually ideas will come.

Everything anyone makes will go to waste. Just embrace it

I really dig this and I think it's got a lot of potential. I love the skateboard mechanics and how simple it is to transition between states. It reminds me more of Tribes than Sonic.
My only real complaint would be that the standard acceleration and speed are a bit low. It makes you feel fast when you're going fast, sure, but it can make navigation less fun and it affects the platforming. That's just my two cents though.

I also ran into a couple oddities, not sure if you're aware of them but I figured I'd share some webms. Seems like you need to reset the player's rotation at low speeds.
Also for some reason you can buffer actions on the pause screen. So if you press B in pause, the skateboard sound will start and unpausing will start you off on the board.

Otherwise loved it.

fucking rad

If you are copying Megaman Zero, just find out how many frames the game gives you while factoring in the games fps and use that.

He left way before that, after /agdg/ chimped out on him for a far less autistic post.

windows fag here I'm getting the exact same error as
Specs are pic related

I managed to get the Windows 10/2017 build working from the site
It's pretty fun fuck those bats though

Thats curious. Did you try toggling the shader off with the zero key when you got that? Because it's on by default and in Unity you get that Pink square if a shader isn't working

Pressing zero fixes it and everything works.

I find that hard to believe considering no one in /agdg/ leaves the threads because it's the oasis in this board of degenerating standards

Noted. I'll include a subshader inside the CRT shaders code that runs to the default if it isn't supported on the machine for whatever reason. Thanks, I figured that was the case when I actually spent a second to think about the pink square. No idea why It wouldn't work on a windows machine, it's not an overly complicated shader. Oh well. Hope you enjoy it my guy.

Does the Die Totenmaske user have an /agdg/ thread? Can't find it on the catalog

Well if you are there user i have a suggestion for head specials

Make it Insults, Distractions, Provocations, etc…
Make them status effects instead of weird damaging moves

Also transfer Cure and Revive to the hands

Thanks for the name suggestions!

He's a robot who goes fast, maybe I'll name him SpeedBot :^)

Don't worry, everything here is placeholder.

Going through a loop on foot is pretty buggy at the moment. The reason is that when you press forward on your controller it tells the character to move forward relative to the camera. When you start going up the loop the camera's forward direction will be pointing at the loop's "floor" so he'll start trying to run back to that spot.

Buffering actions in the pause menu, is because the game technically doesn't pause, time just slows to a crawl. It was a hack to get a pause menu in time for demo day.
As for acceleration, top speed, and other things that affect the feel of the game like turning radius all need tuning. I probably will turn acceleration up though.

Thanks for the feedback, glad you liked it!

Cure and Revive are Head skills because spoilery narrative reasons that didn't get implemented in time for the IGMC demo.
After v1.1 (mostly bugfixes and enemy spawn rate/balance tweaks) we'll expand and remake Die Totenmaske in Godot, and hopefully some of the demo's more arbitrary stuff will make a little more sense.

Because the communists you kill are the Khmer Rouge?
I like it. Very subtle.

I enjoyed this, but it was quite difficult to use the keyboard for it. Was it designed with a controller in mind? Also, dashing doesn't work like it does in Mega Man X/Zero. In Mega Man games dashing is its own distinct action that you can use to segue into others, but it seems like your version just increases the character's movement speed, which means that it only activates if the character was already moving. Do you have plans for what you'll do art-wise?

That's not true, I also hang out in the Japanese Learning Thread. I'm pretty sure these are the best threads because the absolute bare minimum requirements to meaningfully participate in them are a modicum of intelligence and shittons of dedication.

Fixes it in wine too. Fuck yeah. Aside from the chandelier confusion, I noticed that the blue brick foreground tiles didn't stand out enough in certain areas. This is a common issue with indie games. It needs to contrast with the background enough for the player to know it is solid and safe to walk on. This enemy here is also hard to see at low resolution, but more visible at higher resolution.

Here's a bug as well: when you pause the demo and a bat is onscreen, it doesn't stop moving in whatever y direction it was previously moving in, so it just moves in a straight line offscreen. All in all, you're doing good. Keep it up. I hope you get some cool music to go with it.

Yeah the keyboard controls were very much a last minute thing, all my testing has been with a gamepad. I wanted to have Z/X/C/A/Shift for action buttons and arrow keys for movement like how I used to emulate Zero but I had to compensate for multiplayer.
I spent all of last night overhauling my input code, so now I go over Unity's head completely. Working on the pause screen now and the logistical nightmare that remapping will be. I'll set up a couple presets as well.

And it turns out I completely forgot how dashing worked. Whoops. I thought it was fine but I can see why keyboard controls would benefit from a one-button dash.

As far as art goes, I'm as amateur as amateur gets. I'm originally a writefag so I've been learning everything from scratch the past couple years.
The characters are reasonably close to what I'm after, though the models themselves need work, but the levels and white-box-enemies are obviously filler. The current goal is to keep visuals mono-colour with low detail, making sure characters pop out of the background no matter what colour they take. It hides the rough low-poly models a bit. As an added bonus it's really easy to change their colour/transparency on the fly, and it's kind of grown on me anyway.
I'd love to have made something more like your gif, my second idea would've been cel shading, but all this still escapes me.

Originally I wanted to do sprites, which I'm more comfortable with, but I knew I wasn't going to be able to make something on par with Mega Man. Pic 1 is some of the spritework I drafted up. I've never had a knack for animating characters. I only learned sprites to make autistic comics.

What results in a better game: An environment where everyone tells you everything you do is super perfect and amazing? Or a forum where people are brutally honest and if they think you have fucked something up they will tell you?

Sweet, glad it worked man. Thankd, I'm aware of that bat bug as of now, I've fixed it for the future. Also I'll make a note to change those blue stones, I see what you mean now. I'm not an artist so this is all an iterative learning process.

As for the music, I actually DO have a composer lined up, and incredibly talented one, but he is currently finishing another project and won't begin working on mine till January. But it's all but guaranteed and I can't wait to see what he can do, I truly believe it will make a night and day difference which is why I'm going the extra mile for it.

Thanks for playing and for the feedback. I love reading this stuff.

thinking about making a turrican clone with boxes as all the graphics since i can't into art at all, but can barely into music, and i'm a somewhat not completely terrible programmer

did you know discord will ip ban you if you use the auth/login from anything but browser or shitty electron bloat client

It's actually a spelling error, but you have to be the third person or something to think that it's really a subtle joke. Some people thought I was using "rouge" like the color red, which implies that the title could also be read as "red commander" as well as rogue commander, which is how it's supposed to be spelled.

Also, someone thought that when I misspelled "communism" on the game over screen that it was also a hilarious joke and not me being bad at spelling too.

The reason I didn't bother is because I have to do some crap with a hex editor every time I want to get a new version of the image baked into my exe.

There was an agdg user who was working on a Turrican clone, he actually had it working to some degree. He even was able to get it to play at an acceptable framerate on a 386. I don't know how much he works on it anymore, his handle online is Hugh Jass. I think it was using Turrican graphics as a placeholder and wasn't meant to be a clone. I know he used a combination of SDL 1 and assembly to make it fast enough to run on a 386.

Any idea how discord figures it out if you're not using the discord client? I was just posting about making a clone of discord for that exact idea.

Every aspiring indie dev at least hard core gamer ones wants to do an RPG and always discover RPGS are hard.

this looks so damned cute user. I'm gonna actually play the demo for this one…

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

A bit late, but
v1.15 Release
drive.google.com/open?id=1_gwcA4Ecf7VHkv5DTyjj6JagAExzDb_W
dropbox.com/s/8v8q0aok9br98f6/Everyday Lite v1.15.rar?dl=0

Fixed several crashes
Splash screen won't shit itself if you click multiple times to cut it short
Culture level required alarm on building tooltip (if your building starts taking degradation damage)
Split stack popup now gains keyboard focus (type amount and press Enter to confirm if you don't want to use the mouse)
ADHD faeries no longer lose happiness when throwing tantrums (they get bored of throwing tantrums too)

Waaaait, grab the newest version, that one has nasty crashes
Also the mariage will be for the full game, this one is a vertical slice of only 2 features.

Im going back to making the main character model now, unless you guys find more glitches

this probably sounds like a retarded question but is it possible for there to be a linear function where x and y will never both be whole numbers? if so, what is one?

I could be wrong, since it's been eons since I've had to use those, but if you start with an x and y that aren't whole numbers, (let's say 0.25) and the slope increases x and y by a consistent amount (let's say 1,) wouldn't that yield only x and y values which have that same offset as the original x and y? You'd get both a x and y points of 0.25, 1.25, 2.25, 3.25, etc. The same would work with 0.5, and it'd be 0.25, 0.75, 1.25, 1.75, 2.25, 2.75, etc.

I'm not sure what a relationship like that is called, but I think it does dodge whole numbers infinitely.

If you mean that the line crosses the origin, then I think as long as the slope is an irrational number it will never hit a lattice point.

Is there a download link for all the demos together or would I have to read through the entire thread?

You could just Ctrl+F http. There are only 18 links total, most of which are relevant.

That question is absolutly retarded, but if math isn't your forte I can give it a pass.
The function you're looking for is:
y = x + b
where b is any non whole number.
If you need to change the gradient
y = mx + b can work but there's a relationship between m and b you have to avoid but I cant remember what it is right now.