Shitty games you enjoyed playing when you were too stupid to realize how bad they were

Shitty games you enjoyed playing when you were too stupid to realize how bad they were.

I never even liked Dynasty Warriors games, but for some reason, this piece of shit had my brother and me busy on and off for years.

I agree with you OP, I rented that stinker and I played it with friends and yeah, wow.

Fuggin' garbage.

Cyborg Justice was far superior.

Cyborg Justice was the shit. Back then, being able to rip off an enemy's arm and replace your own arm with it was crazy. Little was more satisfying than ass slamming onto an enemy and hammering away at their head.
Best co-op game on the Genesis other than maybe Gunstar Heroes or Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

B.O.B still has some redeeming qualities, Warp Speed I think just hasn't aged well.

As a kid I loved that broken ass game, Awesome Possum when I rented it.

I have mixed feelings about this game. From one perspective its been a pleasure to find it recently and remember its name, cause it was one of my childhood games and i remembered it fondly. From other perspective now i see it wasn't that good. I guess being a child really changes your perspective on things, no wonder modern kids play trash like minecraft and fnaf.

It wasn't as bad as Sonic 06, Sonic Boom or Sonic Forces, but it is one of the worst sonic games together with them. For some shitty reason i loved it more than sonic adventure 2 when i was a kid.

When I was a kid and desperately wanted an N64 for SM64, Smash, Mario Kart, Zelda, etc that I saw at all my friends' houses, my parents found one for cheap at a yard sale. It came with a dozen games but they were all movie tie-in shovelware trash. My parents used this pile of filth as an excuse to never buy me another game for the N64. "You already have all those games, what do you need more for?" The only one I ever got that I actually wanted was Smash Bros for a birthday or something later, right before the gamecube came out.
I had to pretend to enjoy shovelware after shovelware, forcing myself through a gauntlet of shitty controls and vomit-inducing graphics, because it was all I had and if I didn't look like I was having fun, they'd probably sell the fucking console or something. I think the least awful game I had was Toy Story 2.

This is why you needed friends to trade games with user. That's the very basic survival skill you needed to acquire for 90's childhood. You trade them shit for games they got bored of. I once traded sonic for battletoads, best decision in my life.

I suppose Oblivion is the closest, I was staying away from boards and hanging out on nothing but cg forums and the elder scrolls forums for a good few years around then, attempting to mod the faggotry of it away. The life of an oblivious khajiit in a place that was fostering furfaggotry was lost on me at the time. I suppose I spent too long away and too little attention to the horror what was forming. I can never go back to those sweet summer child times.

That one teenage mutant ninja turtle game for the NES. It wasn't a good game by any means but the music was fucking 10/10.

Heh, when i was browsing elder scrolls related forums i remember only bitching about level scaling, shit design, shit faces, cut content and hate towards todd howard and his lies. Also broken promises from trailer such as AI and dynamic shadows. And general sentiment that morrowind is superior game.

I hate that faggot e-clebs are bringing back old nes games for some fucking reason. I guess they gotta signal how "oldskool" they are somehow.

I was just a happy cat man, pouncing around. And then, I looked into the people who followed me. And AND then, they completely wiped the forums.

Why? The gameplay is solid, it's not rushed, and there's no nostalgia-pandering ruining everything.

It's become hip for underage faggots to shit on the Adventure games. The same crowd also shits on GTA:SA. What a shitty new generation.

I don't get why you hate TMNT's gameplay, it was solid beat em up.

Shit physics, shit controls, loads of bugs in all versions and all campaigns except sonic's one suck.

I don't even frequent cgsociety any longer, can only assume it has been taken. Perhaps not, as some of the best modelers were always making very problematic work. But, who knows, perhaps they were enriched too.

With garbage level layout. Get the e-cleb cock out of your mouth and look at the game objectively.

You mean that game that popularized how its cool and hip being a nigger gangsta? Yeah, i couldn't into GTA after vice city. Its degenerate as hell, especially for niggers themselves.

It was already hip and cool to be a nigger gangsta by the time SA came out. Rockstar doesn't exactly start trends, they're more like South Park, ripping on shit that's been happening for at least a year already.

And this is why Holla Forums is garbage in the weekend. Hell, you can make the argument that this is type of retard that has killed vidya in general

To this day I cannot yet explain myself why I continued to play this until I had 1000pts on every game. Only Modern Hammer and maybe Modern Chef had any depth beyond "do this, don't do that or you'll lose a life"

what a weird experience.

So? Vice City made it cool and hip to be a coke-slinging cuban.
I'm as Holla Forums as they come but you have to admit it's fun to LARP as a nigger hustler in a videogame.

took me a lot of years to realise how bad it was but i still do like it's plot

And let's not forget you play as the only nigger who knows being a nigger doesn't work for all things. Besides

That's foolish, if you ever spent any time in SA:MP. All it did was reinforce how horrible niggers are for me. Hell, I'd assume mixed high schools would have done the job for most people to begin with.

I have not played the new GTA, but the older ones were good about naming the kike too. And the radio stations were at the forefront of what sickness has taken vidya away from players now.

I don't know how video games would suddenly make you enjoy the company of niggers. Unless you're so white and so removed from mixed schools. Perhaps that is their game, to attempt to romanticize niggery for the plain states and nations not enriched yet. Anyone that has grown up in a mixed society will always know better, including me, the one trying to keep my mixed white/rican friend out of trouble. At least he killed himself without ruining too many lives.

Good, trust your gut. I skipped GTA4 for that same reason but got suckered into buying a 30 dollar copy of GTAV. Holy fuck, I should have trusted my instinct that 5 was going to shit on everything SA built.

I knew it was on the way IV. Even though I did not hate it, absolutely enjoyed the driving and pysics, the tone shift was very apparent. It also may have been one of the first big forced pushes of meme multiplayer. You recall the whole zombie thing, right? It played right into the illusion of fun without actually being so. The top fun was always being the wheelman in cops and robbers.

Now that I think about it, I never actually finished IV. The recording feature was a hint of things to come, mostly in the lol brokn gaem realm and not anything actually intentional.

I really miss things being intentionally designed around FUN. Everything now is so forced, like they're distracted and trying to just entertain a dog offhandedly.

The biggest irony about this entire thing is that Saints Row went the completely opposite way and made EVERYTHING fun, including the story. I liked the semi-serious story of 2 since it was silly enough to feel like an older GTA game but the story was grounded enough the story was actually engaging at times. I miss when people could enjoy fun games that had a bit of levity.

I always thought Jaws was decent. A little bare bones.

Saints Row 2 did fun well, but then they went too far with 3 and 4. If they kept it as an over-the-top Scarface-with-supervillains game it would have been better.

I love that PS1 spongebob game

Sure, but it fell to the same forced fun at least around 3 and forward. They all completely wiped out. The same shaking the keys effect like GTA fell into.

There was also that recording feature, the director thing. It's not fun to play with something like that when your shit is outright dumb. It was entertaining in Driver because of what it was. It's like they started having a personality disorder in later life. I have mutliple memory cards full of Driver cinematics that I would outright bronze before releasing on the internet, shit made with friends for friends.

Just because someone posted a reaction image of Persian Hitler doesn't mean that his opinion is informed by e-celebs.
TMNT NES was a solid game.

Even look at the latest Hitmon game, a bunch of forced memery instead of putting it on the player to find silly shit themselves. Achievements and trophies are what started killing video game design.

Jaws unleashed is one of the best games ever made. I meant to post it in that movie game thread but I don't think they'd understand. NES Jaws was one of my first games, along with Friday the 13th and Simon's Quest. I grew up on the highest fuckery and never had a Nintendy Power subscription. I almost wish they'd go back to that arcade-centric design. I still remember sleepovers with friends trying to figure out a used copy of Karnov. I don't think kids will have that again.

TMNT NES was a fucking horrible game.

Did we even play the same game? Are you sure you're not confusing this shitheap with Turtles In Time? Because that game WAS fucking great, but TMNT NES was total dogshit.

Especially that fucking underwater bomb part. What the Goddamn Christ.

GTA was always about gangs and TV popularized gang culture long before SA. I guess you just like italian mafia more than early 90s street gangs.

Let's not forget the clusterfuck that was the second half of the game after the underwater dam stage. The game PLAYED fine but everything else but the music was fucked. It was fun cheesing some of the bosses though.

That game's praise is just a byproduct of retards who don't know any better.

That wasn't me that was the other user.

I learned to do that level practically in my sleep as a kid and I was terrible at vidya. Become proficient.

I don't give a fuck what Jontron said or didn't said. I owned that game as a kid. I can tell you it was good. Frustrating as hell in some spots but good.

Maybe there's a confusion between TMNT and TMNT 3 Manhattan project.

Talk about a case of nostalgia goggles~!

I think that's going a bit far. It certainly wasn't as radical as the upright but you could get it done with a friend like Contra.
I wish games understood what that really means still, instead of a bunch of cowards pulling up the latest wiki and games designed specifically to be worthless without some random multiplayer. The WWW was a mistake, really.

Oh, the first TMNT game. Still, it's a great one to pass off with a friend. It may be one of the earliest examples of git gud, because I never had trouble with it. Perhaps because I grew up eating garbage games from uncles and the like.

See that's the problem right there. This thread is about shit games. TMNT doesn't belong in this thread because, while it might have not been an amazing game or a perfect game or a well pollished game, it was FAR from shit.
If we're going to start defining "shit game" as "game I personally don't like" then this thread is going to go straight to hell fast.

I played the shit out of these with my cousin. Super generic beat-em-ups. I do remember having a great laugh when we softlocked the second one, after i knocked an enemy off a cliff and it didn't die.
I remember being disappointed even back then that you could only control four monsters.

This is the worst fucking meme in existence. Just a reason for non-robust faggots to write off video games made as video games. If you want a cinematic experience, go watch a movie. I'm not even a /vr/ fag and you disgust me.

This is your brain on nostalgia.

Harping on a single word is the worst fucking meme in existence. :^)

Talking about generic ps2 games. Replaying 007 agent under fire nowadays was terrible. I thought back in the day it was coolest shit ever. Same goes for Nightfire.

What the fuck was wrong with the level design? It was pretty straightforward.
Also you're trying way too fucking hard to fit in.

Now you are just lying to save face.

You're wrong, and he's right. More examples of faggots that could git gud. What the fuck is nostalgia mean when someone never stopped replaying said games even? I will always have a watermark for top tier trash and git guddery. It's not broken but it isn't the worst example.

It's outright forced trash by faggots that can only understand a video game post PSX era. There is nothing worse than someone so sedentary that they can not git gud at a hobby while sitting on their ass.

This is outright mental illness. I don't understand being this bad at one's chosen hobby. I'm not saying it's the top of the heap but you are absolutely wrong, it kicks your ass, bullshits you and then you turn it around. Stop being bad at things.

Learning how to deal with a game doesn't mean it's a good game. The game's ONLY saving grace was the music and passable 2d controls. The overhead layout was fucked post dam and there were plenty of games that did the 2d platformer/overhead map idea better. Only people blinded by nostalgia and children who played the game when gamefags exist are the ones who find this game enjoyable to this day. To someone with sense it's nothing more than a passing footnote at best.

I did, I beat the damn game and saw the technodrome. It was a mediocre game AT BEST.

I'm sorry you can't pathfind your way through any game with a more complex layout than Final Fantasy XIII.
How long have you been suffering with this disability user?

Jokes on you, e-celebs hate TMNT. They even made songs how they hate it.

I still laugh at the dumbasses that play shit games because of some "so fannie" e-cleb.

I have a different perspective. Rising above trash and bullshit and succeeding against all odds was a great theme of the NES generation. Especially with some shitty used game with no manual and nothing but a friend down the block to try and crack it.

I can't fault you for that considering I have a handful of games I love that fall into that same mindset. I am objective and know that some of those games are so shitty I would never recommend them to anyone but those that I hate.

As a kid you were sort of forced to play a lot of bad games because only the richest kids had more than a handful of games, and as a result you'd find ways to make them fun and get ridiculously good at poorly designed mechanics. Compare to nowadays where we can emulate thousands of games but most people can't even be bothered to finish Chrono Trigger.

Which makes >233684 anti e-celeb tirade even more retarded.

Stop trying to fit in so fucking hard.

I guess I would fit in better if I just accepted mediocrity. :^)

It itself isn't good but it makes you gud. That's my point. How many times do I have to call something trash before your ESL ass gets it?

Cripples become proficient with wheelchairs and crutches, but at the end of the day, they're still cripples.

I'm just saying bias is blinding people to an objective truth. The game can be considered shit to those with a higher threshold for quality but even those who enjoy these games would find it forgettable unless you had a special tie to it or you need to virtue signal how "hardcore" you are because some faggot on the internet made a video about it.
Fun fact, ESL students LOVED ninja turtles. Food for thought. ;^)

These children will never understand. Likely the same subhumans that shitpost in every CRPG thread as well. Video games are meant to fuck you off. And when you crack it, it's the most amazing feeling. A martial trance, so to say.

As a kid we had rental places. But you're not wrong otherwise.

I guess shovelware never existed.

There's a reason why people hate games like dark souls, cuphead and megaman. Their inability to complete them does not define their tastes, user.

So, on top of the nostalgia card, you're pulling the patrician card. In summary, you must git gud.

They simply need to find a new hobby. It's like burning water at a point.

Maybe they need to find quads.

You would be the type of idiot that defends Bubsy back in the 90s.

I'll be absolutely honest, I think TMNT is an easier game than TMNT2. I could always make it to at least the technodrome in the first game, even on a bad day. 2 though would usually beat my ass half way through unless I really knuckled down.

You're just shitposting now.

Taste is overrated, being gud is underrated. Anyone can imply some shifty sense of quality.

What's wrong with bubsy? His debut game was good.

Oh boy now you done it.

These are some strange implications you are making.

Smash is probably a good nomination for this thread. Perhaps Mario Party personally, because I'm the only one that has a mind for its gimmicks locally, it seems. I can see how it's straight bullshit to almost everyone.

I still have to say, the only 'too stupid' qualifier was me hoping to fix Oblivion among others, but then Skyrimjob was just Oblivion with deadly executions. They entirely fucked over Cyrodiil and nuked their forums..

You know, if were going this route, i'd say super mario brothers (1985) was a fluke. Not a good game in any sense. Today is too cheesy to play. How this got popular other way than through japanese yakuza - who knows.

This, is a thing I will never understand. You put all these people on staging duty and leave yourself to perhaps make game and somehow come out lower than your last installment, and thieving mods in the process.

I wouldn't go that far, it at least knew air control was fun. I think 3 was full stupid myself. I had a few autistic friends I was almost forced to be friends with by families and the kid was reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeing until I figured it out for them.

I hope you got compensation for that.
t. jew

Well it was a weird forced friendship and he's still a bit off. I beat the shit out of kids that bullied my pet autist in high school. He's not CWC tier because he never bothered with the internet.

I thought Legend of Legaia was really cool when I was about 13. I had never played an RPG before. Ironically, I hate JRPGs these days. I don't think I actually started developing taste until about 2012 or so.

It wasn't. The platforming was bad, enemy design was nothing like the cartoon or the comics, no saves or passwords in a game that's too long for a playthrough in a single sitting, and enemy placement was downright bullshit at times. The gauntlet near the end of the Technodrome is absurd because it's filled with jetpack enemies that move much faster than you and can hit you at angles where you can't defend yourself. It exists to take as much health from you as possible to make the final fight that much harder. Also, just about every complaint in that decade old AVGN video is valid, despite hatred for the game.

Face it, the first TMNT game for NES was awful and you've convinced yourself otherwise, hence the topic of this thread.

Legaia's fun even if it's shit. Better than Sony's other PS1 JRPGs.

The battle system was pretty unique. I don't hate it or anything, I even replayed it a few years ago, though that was fueled by nostalgia, and I didn't finish it. I would never play a game like it these days, mostly because my taste has changed so much.

Other than one or two spots the platforming was fine. Not particularly tight but fine.
That makes it a bad adaption not a bad game in general.
You can finish the game in about 25 minutes.
git gud

Old JRPGs are pointless to play nowadays since they were always limited exploration games, the only decent ones have variety in the system. Monster games have recruitable units. SaGa-type games also try to make their systems fun.

The scenarios can be fun if the writers aren't commies.

It might not be what Rockstar was going for, but I for one enjoy it.

You've done a man's job sir.

You are trying way too hard.

Gay

I remember this being a decent platformer. I suspect if I went back it would not hold up in the slightest. Even then I could tell it was kind of broken. You had to walk with moving platforms, or they would just move right out from under you.

Nah, it's fine. You're just a gay homo who can't git gud and handle a slightly more challenging than average NES game.

I remember when I was naive enough to actually enjoy playing video games

It ain't easy being cheesy.

I went back to replay this game recently, remembered exactly how garbage it actually was. I still enjoyed it as a kid for god knows what reason, probably because the Omnidroid fights were the most memorable parts of the game for some reason.

let me guess, you're an underage b& darkie yourself

Without a doubt, this piece of shit Batman Forever on the SNES.
I was born in time for the NES but my parents didn't want me to play video games that weren't pacman until I was 6, whereupon I got a SNES with super mario all stars.
I mostly got new games through trade with my neighbor, my meager pocket money going to shit like Donkey Kong or Yoshi's Island. One day neighbor got Batman Forever. For some godforsaken reason, I fell in love with it immediately, like in the first few minutes. I think it was mostly for the aesthetics, but I also quite liked Batman at the time and it was the only game I had access to.
The controls were shit, special attacks were needlessly obscure and kind of useless, and it got fucking retarded with the difficulty some levels in. I tried my best to git gud but eventually gave up and gave the game back.

Years later, when I discovered emulation, Batman Forever was among the first few I downloaded for nostalgia's sake. I remembered the obscure controls so I went straight to a FAQ to get the inputs. Somewhere in it, the author said "Honestly it's a fairly bad game". I thought about it for a moment and realized "shit, he's right."

Wasn't this game made using the same engine that Mortal Kombat used at the time? That probably explains why it's so shit, it plays like a fighting game but expects you to treat it like a beat 'em up.

Yeah, it's pretty blatantly based on mortal kombat, I realized it even at the time. I guess I sort of liked the idea of a fighting game having levels. It definitely doesn't work too well.

The first one was more fun for me if only because the endings were all batshit.

Blues Brothers are basically an inferior version of Super Mario Brothers.

same lol

It actually made fun of the gangsta culture of the 90's, a character even says out loud the whole thing is nothing but thugs posturing when in reality they are closeted fags and the culture is full of homoeroticism