Pixel Hunting

The fuck is this stupid shit? How am I expected to see this tiny little thing? I thought the days of pixel hunting bullshit ended a long time ago. I was expecting one whole stone to be clickable, not a tiny corner of one.

Get good

That at least is more noticable then the edge of a screen or a point in darkness.

Maybe because its im a fucking autist but that sticks out like a sore thumb to me because all the bricks except for that one is perfectly normal

This. needs pattern recognition training

I spent like 10 minutes trying to find it in the tutorial because I was looking for an entire brick to be discolored or slightly sticking out of the wall or something since the hint was "loose rock".

Its obvious OP. Unless you are DSP or a child reddittard. That shit was common in 80's and early 90's games.

Kill yourself nigger. The secret switch system is introduced to the player in the very first level to get a key. You won't even make it to murdercube or get Excalibur you little faggot.

That's why I said

I wonder what you were expecting when you made this thread.

congratulations, you are too autistic for this game

There are games that have no indicators for secret doors, motherfucker.

It was required to progress, though.

Shitposting. I'm bored.

savage

Get your fucking eyes tested then get your brain tested for retardation.

Are you retarded?

We've come a long way huh

You just fucking see them after a while, user. It's a process that went into disuse sometime before you were born called "practice".
Practice is when you do something enough times to become proficient at it, rather than running to the nearest walkthrough like a toddler tugging on mommy's pants-leg asking for a toy.

Yea thats shit

Yeah, now that I've looked it up and have seen what it looks like since every it's literally just like 4 variants copy pasted throughout the whole game.

There's not really much practice involved.

TRY TO DEFEND THIS

That's my argument

Take responsibility for your inadequacies. It's the only way to improve. Instead of deflecting your failure onto someone else, claim it. This shit is easy to see. It was visually designed to jump out at you but still look like it's part of the wall. It's good visual design. It incorporates a puzzle element into the visual design of the environment. You are frankly a little bitch for complaining about it.

What the fuck is your definition of a puzzle?

yep, too many cuckchanners/ledditors/goons/other internet scum have really shat up 8ch

It's a symmetrical pattern smack dab in the middle of the screen on the brightest brick. That it's clearly man made and symmetrical makes it stand out quite a bit. Are you playing this game at a double digit resolution or something?

user don't bother. Only look for buttons if you get stuck, otherwise you end up just looking at walls for the entire game. Want me to give you some grimrock pointers for new players?

That's great advice if you want to miss half the game.

It stumped you didn't it?

Hardly, and in my experience the secret hold nothing of value unless you're a minotaur that can get the skull bonus.

Now you are just flat out lying

With the exception of the ones which must be pressed, the only thing you find is gear, and food. That's it.

Yeah, that's kind of what my problem with this was. It's like the game expects me to turn and stare at every single wall tile I pass.

It's been pretty easy so far, but sure. I do have a head hunter minotaur, though.

You playing one or two?

If they're all as obvious as the one in the OP, you shouldn't have to stare as much as just glance.

how could you miss it there's a giant-ass red ring around it

Shit user my advice here is just go straight to 2. Grimrock 2 is a massive step up in terms of level design, and adds the most important spell in the game force field. You have a minotaur with the skull bonus and that is really good because you get some massive points from it, but let me try to remember playing it.
1. Starting out you need to poor all your points into weapons as defense is rarely enough if you get backed into a corner. The reason for this is that have only two ways of influencing the enemies grid movement, and that is killing them, or freezing them.
2. You really fucking need those freeze bombs yo. I believe alchemist make them from the blue weed, and the purple moss. In fact alchemists are super important because that's the only way to heal since no healing spells. In fact almost no spells at all.
3. I recommend not even bothering with magic for your first play through. Magic is shit tier because they don't do much, but if you have a rogue with missile weapons mages can continually enchant your arrows after each use.
4. Magic can be abused though because it can't miss. Poor all your points into air magic, and lightning bolt is very powerful. And trust me about those freeze bombs they will save your life.
That's all I can think of right now.

Oh fuck I almost forgot watch out for the spiders, they are the fastest enemy in the game and will fuck you up. Crabs are really fucking terrible to, but if you get lucky they die really easily.

Don't listen to this casual faget. He does not have a power party that can dominate the world.

What? You really dont
The only true portion of your post
Holy fucking shit you are a complete shitter or trying some ebin trolling. Dont listen to this shitter, OP

I bet you fucking didn't even make to the end.

Butthurt mage

There's a fucking red circle around it, you retard.

I only went through LoG2 once and I ended up finding magic pretty useful. It does start kinda "Eh" but later on it gets pretty fucking strong, and even before that if the enemy has a weakness to any of your spells your wizard is going to be dealing some serious damage. Also meteor shower is fucking brutal.

I kek'd

Grimrock 2 did make magic a lot better yes, but then there is no reason to not just play magic of grimrock.

Any repetitive exposure to something amounts to practice, but I agree that it's not exactly an intensive skill.

You'd lose that bet then. Your advice you gave was really bad like two digit I.Q bad.

Shameful.

If you understood the concept of shame you'd feel it when you were proven wrong, instead you deflected like some kind of leddit faggot.

And if you were from here you would never have showed your steam page, or that fact you actually purchase a game with such little content. Keep on going though, we might as well see how long you'll sperg out for.

What the fuck are you doing? Is this some weird ass trolling attempt?

He just isn't giving any advice why not telling me why mine is wrong.

Magic is good, firearms is bad. Having one alchemist in the party is good and having at least one beefy frontliner is awesome too. You could do fine your first playthrough with a firearms guy but it really doesnt do well compared to other specs. I dont think I ever used freeze bombs much

OP is playing grimrock one.

Im done

Oh is that why you people are sperging out? I just mentioned grimrock 2 because it was better. I wasn't talking about 2 at all when I was giving advice.

You pirated a game from a small time dev that is aimed at a niche dungeon crawler audience and you're trying to claim I am "sperging out"? Do you know what irony is?

Even making the claim the game has no content is a lie as you can get two playthroughs out of the game (first time should be blind) and it has workshop dungeons.

It is one thing to be wrong but to make assumptions of others or outlandish claims is just beyond idiotic. Go crawl into the toilet and flush it on yourself so you can go back to whatever leddit you belong in.

Ahh this thread made me want to play some grimrock, it was a pretty cozy game considering I'm not a retard like OP, any opinions on the second one?

git gud OP

The second one is leaps, and bounds above the first. If you liked grimrock one, or simply just want more try it out. It has better mods as well, but most of the really popular ones are garbage.

Nigger come on that isn't pixel hunting shit is dead center of the screen and practically screams out of place. Pic related it's you.

You are calling a basic pattern bullshit. Fuck sake son. Remember to put your whole head in front of the shotgun.

BUGGED EYE MECHANICS WOW
My problem with those secrets is not that it was impossible to notice, it's that most of the time you kind of wanted to be staring at walls in order to notice most of them.

It's always someone else's fault. The problem is never us.

Does the game tell you to look for some kind of hidden switch? If so then OP is retarded, but otherwise I can understand it being overlooked.

That sticks out like dogs balls. They may as well have a neon sign saying CLICK HERE place there.
How fucking new RU?

>>>/reddit/

This is better bait than OP, at least.

Is that supposed to be hard to spot or something?

Stop looking at dick you blind faggot.

I fucking love and hate this game

still need to finish grimrock 2, I'm somewhere in the middle

>One has a BIG FUCKING CRACK IN IT
Grimrock is the dark souls of dungeon crawling, it seems.

It's not in the part of the wall where the secret buttons usually are, so if you've gotten used to quickly scanning the same parts of each wall tile and moving on (which you probably will, because checking every wall tile for secrets gets extremely tedious and you'll want to get it over with quickly), there's a good chance you'll miss it.

Op, if you have trouble looking at that button, I wonder how do you manage to find your own dick when taking a piss.

Should have gone to Specsavers.

What a strange turn of events. How is Grimrock 2? I really enjoyed the first, although it definitely wasn't perfect.

Grimrock 2 is even better. Don't read up any more on it. Its a solid game though if you get over hyped for it, you might end up disappointed as the fact that its a great game in a long dead genre isn't easily expressible.

I found Grimrock 2 really boring. I didn't like the island and outdoor setting and never finished.

This thread actually made me want to play the game. Is it worth playing if I already spent hundreds of hours in roguelikes though? Doesn't look that interesting

The fuck do "roguelikes" have to do with this. It's a dungeon crawler.

In any other game I'd probably agree with you.
But it's literally the only brick in the whole dungeon that's cracked at all.
Right in the middle of a wall.
In a tile-based game, where you're always looking in a cardinal direction.
And your vision is always parallel to the ground.
Where the fuck were you looking that you missed this?
It'd be the only suspicious thing you'd come across at all, and you didn't think to at the very least give it a click just in case?

Checked. You should read the thread, but grimrock 2 is at least worth playing for fun. It has serious issues though with really stupid ideas such as water being the deadliest obstacle in the game, and not because of drowning.

I think it's a homage to the older dungeon crawlers like Eye of the Beholder that had bullshit like secret walls you could walk trough that were not distinguishable from regular walls. Nostalgia is a helluva drug.

Next thing you faggot will complain about is the waterfall…

If you think this is pixel hunting you need to play Sierra games, so far nothing you've posted isn't something that would take days or even weeks of trial and error to find. Real pixel hunting is much worse then these examples like even if you knew where to click you'd still be doing it for several minutes-hours without a picture to cross reference.

Yeah.
You get a note that says "loose rock" for finding the secret and pretty much all the secrets after that have that loose rock.

And roguelikes aren't? Dungeon crawling is a primary trait of roguelikes.

Which is more pitiful?
At least it's video game related, I guess.

Oh no, I wasn't pretending. I meant I expected the replies to be shitposting.