Ace of Spades 0.76

Ace of Spades 0.76
Live server at aos://3597858117

DOWNLOAD THE GAME HERE
Openspades client: openspades.yvt.jp/
Toaster friendly version: spadille.net/aos076install_rc10.msi

The most commonly version of the game is 0.75. Oldfags prefer 0.54 but 0.76 combined with our server scripts solve most of the problems 0.75 had. web-beta.archive.org/web/20160313140048/http://aoswiki.rakiru.com/index.php/Patches

HOW TO CONNECT
If on Openspades, just paste aos://3597858117 into the IP field, but make sure you select 0.76 like in the second OP image. If you're on the toaster version, you should be able to paste aos://3597858117 into your browser. If that doesn't work, there's one more method: use the command prompt and enter "C:\Ace of Spades\client.exe" -aos://3597858117. You can just copy the bold text and right-click paste or find the exe and drag it into the window if you're too lazy to type that part. If you're using the toaster version on linux, run the installer with wine msiexec /i aos076install_rc10.msi. and connect the same was as Windows with wine client.exe -aos://3597858117 in the terminal.

Remember,
USE THE ARROW KEYS TO CHANGE BLOCK COLOR
PRESS M FOR FULL MAP
BLUE = JEW
TAKE THE ENEMY INTEL TO YOUR TENT
RESPAWNING WORKS IN WAVES

Other urls found in this thread:

buildandshoot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=13030
buildandshoot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3445
about.riot.im/
pastebin.com/56JShcGU
github.com/yvt/openspades/wiki/Example:-2D-Aim-Down-Sight
github.com/yvt/openspades/wiki/Example:-2D-Aim-Down-Sight-3
files.catbox.moe/at2oj7.vxl
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What's the difference?

motherfucker im reporting you

Has shotguns, SMGs and rifles that actually work. plus user made skins.

Is this gamenight?

Pretty sure there isn't a normal gamenight until next week, isn't this week an off-weekend?

We're starting with them disabled, but yeah.

Yes but an off-week

how did that Holla Forums version of ace of spades come along

Eight of Spades? Haven't heard anything of it.

What if I am Mark?

No idea, /radcorp/ was trying to get in touch with faggots involved with it for a future gamenight but nothing came of it.

If you are Mark, this is just an off-weekend. Would still be nice if you stickied though.

Nah, he just stickies the threads for us and sometimes joins the games. It's a group of anons on >>>/radcorp/ that organizes them.

Friendly reminder.

A sticky would be nice then.

OP IS A FAGGOT, YOU HAVE TO JUST TYPE IN 3597858117 ON WINDOWS
Pasting it will make it crash.

Well theres your problem.

I TRIED TO TELL THEM

Trying to stay on the server is suffering

Uknown reason. What am I doing wrong?

Have you clicked 0.76?

Yup. Followed every step. Its not blocked by anything either.

Try using the toaster friendly version.

join you fags we have like 8 people playing at least

Current Map Suggestion
Great = Favela, Normandie, Swampcanyon
Good = Classicgen, Mesa, Pizza, Neonormandie
Fine = Stalingrad, Pripyat, Cheesus
Poor = 20th Century Town, Ponyville, loss, Omaha
Unplayable = Cancerous Build maps, daily dose
Need own gametype (arena), fairly easily broken meme map = /bane/ map, 9/11 map, spacestation

Great, good and fine should be in rotation, poor and unplayable should be on the server but only ever manually changed to by admin. Arena needs a restart
to change gamemodes and really needs to be a thing done for memes/low player counts and even then done sparingly.

Suggested rotation is probably: Normandie, Mesa, Favela, Classicgen, Stalingrad, NeoNormandie, Cheesus, Classicgen, Pizza, Swampcanyon, Pripyat, Classicgen (keep to the pattern of three then
classicgen).

Leave.

Rotation*, not suggestion.

Why does my resolution keep being changed to 1280x960? I know for a fact I used to play this game in widescreen

I want to play, how big is this thing, nignogs?
pic unrelated

Try changing it, closing the game without connecting and restarting it.

SERBER FIXED
please understand

???

Are you using the classic client? I believe that has a resolution cap.

14 megabytes for OpenSpades

Oh and you might have to use OpenGL mode on openspades, the toaster client doesn't support widescreen.

It's under 20MB.

fuck u

thank you, kind sir

GREEN TEAM = CUCK TEAM

we fucking put those greenies in their place.
also why is the game taking forever to load.

That happens sometimes, just hit esc and rejoin.

HORSY HORSE!!!

If the game gets stuck when loading the next map just press esc and try again

PURPLE PRIDE WORLD WIDE.

THIS JUST IN, NEWS IS COMING IN FROM THE WAR EFFORT

GREENS CONTINUE TO GET CUCKED, VICTORY FOR THE PURPLE MASTER RACE IMMINENT

wew
How do we know your download links are safe?

Because gamenights have been happening since Febuary and we've become increasingly effective at it.

yes

PURPS ARE IN A WINNING STREAK BABY

Why wouldn't they be?

Don't play games with me foul heretic.

such is life

Is that Favela?

Right, we're looking at long-term trying to produce a non-cancerous 0.75 Holla Forums fork of AoS:

Previous attempts to fix 0.75's weapons with a script were promising but we've hit a wall: to make any significant changes we'd have to modify both the client AND the server (previously
we've just modified shit on the server. This is easily done from a technical perspective because Openspades is open (obviously) but vanillafags using the original 0.75 client wouldn't be
able to join our modified server and the original client's source is not open (hard to modify). Probably we'd do the below and offer an option in the graphics menu to switch back to the
vanilla client assets (graphics, sounds etc).

8/v/'s degayed 0.75

This will need a standalone client/server, should all be easily enough done though.

Make pickaxe + spade vs only dual mode spade a CLIENTSIDE option
make autoclimb on/off a CLIENTSIDE option
keep 0.75's rifle accuracy, 0.76 is hipshot laser nonsense
keep 0.75's larger rifle mag capacity
maybe remove sprint?

make smg MG script, skin approprietly
nerf shotgun at range (we tested this in the last gamenight, wasn't op), find some way to buff it up close. Either more nades (4 instead of 2) if picked or double pellet numbers. Also
increase number of shells loaded. Should be a tunnel gook/close-medium gun only. Perhaps have it do higher damage to limbs AND scale damage with range quite harshly so point blank shots
are 1-hit even if glancing.
since we're doing a proper modded client we can reduce headshot damage for SMG/MG and shotgun (possibly just at range) without disabling it entirely, this way they won't one-hit in the
head at maximum range.
Probably have shotgun one-hit blocks up close and two hit at range.
keep rifle skinned as FAL, fuck you I like the FAL (alternatively have an easy skin selection menu in options).
make chat right way around (new messages at bottom), at least as default with an option to change.

MG SMG functions something like:

Take 0.76's reduced neon-skins so blue and green aren't so bright in openspades.

offer in both openspades and OG client varieties with same options, same skins too if possible (maybe OG client skins rifle as original rather than FAL)
NO SOURCE FOR VANILLA, CAN'T MAKE MODDED EASILY?
Perhaps we can offer a skinpack or a toggle in the options for the forked OS to 'feel' like vanilla? Doesn't seem hard.
Might have to remake the vanilla skins for our fork, apparently they're really small when ported to OS because they had smaller pixel counts, they're pretty basic skins though.
Looks like there already exist vanilla-style weapons and player models for OS, we can rip sounds easily too. It's most be a matter of messing with the renderer.

If possible add 64 player support, someone once made a 0.75 64player client
buildandshoot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=13030
buildandshoot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3445

See about fixing the bug that makes the game crash on windows if you try to paste a server address in.

Yes. We're on classicgen now.

Or basicaly what's holding back the bulk of potential fixes or additions we want to make to Openspades is maintaining compatibility with the vanilla client: if we want to keep that we can only make server-side changes.
If instead we fork Openspades and simply offer an option to give it the same graphics, sounds and so on as the vanilla client we can make proper gameplay changes.

Nice.

We already have an Holla Forums patch edition of multiple versions of the game. Am I the only one who remembers this?

I better dig up the files again and preserve them for the future.

From the versions I've seen none are really offering everything we were after (or are for obscure older versions missing QoL features). Please to zip up the ones you've got though, I doubt I've seen them all (and we could borrow existing features if possible).

NOICE
eww
But if it mean playing.

Who are these queers taking issue with this?

This is like anything else, like SS13.
Wannabe faggots come out of the woodwork because it's not their autism. You're going to be bad at games forever. And, Nazis always win.

what did he mean by this?

comfy

12 players on right now, get in here lads.

There's another key to sceneshot like this
I don't remember the default key but it's in the menu.

WHAT IS THAT? PURPLE + MILO?

jrgl, more like jewgl

It was offensive user, we can't have that on a LGBTTQQFAGPBDSM I wish I was making that one up friendly server.

THE JEWS DID THIS

Needs more players.

god fucking dammit i can't connect to the serb, how the fuck do I connect

Do this

Except select 0.76

PROTIP
If the level is loading extremely slow after a map change, hit escape and wait a few seconds before trying again
Some of us have to do this on every single map change.

I don't want to know what the rest of that means.

GODAMMIT

See picrelated.

You put an extra one at the end, it should be 117 and not 1117.

thanks man

Things like this wouldn't be a problem if we could just paste the address in but sadly that crashes it on windows.

nice dubs

Anyone running AoS in Wine? Got any tips?

A few of the faggots playing are, not sure how but they have no issues.

OpenSpades has native Linux support and might even be in your repos. The vanilla client should run fine, you just have to run it from the terminal like in the OP. I haven't encountered anything that didn't happen in the windows version, besides the screen resolution being permanently changed sometimes which is solved by changing it yourself or making a script to change after closing the game for maximum gnu/autism or using virtual desktop.

Nice Serval

workthebolt is a traitor

t. brainlet

Well that was a waste of time.

The rifle is a gentleman's weapon, no one needs a smg.

SMG: Turns shit into swiss cheese and cuts through buildings.
Shotgun: why

Got a pretty good turnout tonight. even after we started with a different version and deleted the thread to change Server will be left up for third world timezones

That's what this one's for, duh

Shotgun: rifle with spread

Accuracy will be shit at long range and it's countered by rifle shots

It isn't though, it's almost as high as the semi which is what I meant in . Pic related from one of those cancermap servers so I didn't have to bother enabling it on my own.

how new are you my friend

I always enjoy the hallway to be honest. It's a fun digging and building map. Shame it's always on servers with SMG though.

It's good, at least when people aren't spawncamping from the walls. Trench battles along the top of the map are actually pretty fun.

The SMG and shotgun were literally brand new and yet to be fully balanced when bcoolface put the development on hold after selling the IP to Fagex and eventually getting fucked over. Makes me wonder if anybody could get into contact with him and ask for a copy of the full source code, though at this point you might be better served just rebuilding the whole thing.

wew

What's the matter, don't like being separated from your gunfu?

good job man

So, is it still up?

yes, but no one on right now

wew
I'll be interested when you guys start playing the noncucked version.

We played rifle only .75, which was alright.

0.76 is the thinking man's version

Second this I am intrested in playing

No, the last few times I know of were 0.54. The last time 0.7x was ran was the scheduled gamenight back in July.
I understand why people prefer 0.54 and I liked it when I did run it successfully but rifleonly is good enough for me if it means having more players, a better client, and a better server. At least this time there's only one newfag that thinks we need smg and shotgun enabled.

Speaking of, fine, here's a quick mp4 from that same server. As you can see, some underage even thought I was cheating. Note that it does take me two hits to kill the second guy, but I'm not sure if it was a headshot and the first guy was still pretty far away.

Maybe we should run the top secret 0.53 next which had shitty SMG accuracy.

reminder to stop scaring away our fellow redditors with hate symbols

Fucking reddit is cancer.

Bloody hell did the server crash ?

Is serb ded or is my end fucked?

serb is ded

Fucking rip

same here.

K well since this is the case I'll leave something for host if he actually comes back to the thread

TURN OFF THE FUCKING TIME LIMIT FAGGOT

Also switch to .75 please.

wew
SERVER BACK UP
2017-11-11 13:06:17-0600 [-] who are the kikes/nazis now?2017-11-11 13:06:22-0600 [-] same2017-11-11 13:06:23-0600 [-] destruction of blocks2017-11-11 13:06:26-0600 [-] no2017-11-11 13:06:27-0600 [-] >what are shovels for2017-11-11 13:06:32-0600 [-] its for killing 2017-11-11 13:06:38-0600 [-] Shovels are for meme strats2017-11-11 13:06:43-0600 [-] Unhandled error in Deferred:2017-11-11 13:06:43-0600 [-] Unhandled Error

Did you disable time limit?

Some screenshots from the serb. The purples built a little bunker and a big round thing ( ??? ) The round ended on 2:1 with greens technically winning

Fuck the time limit, too

How many people are on?

Around nine

this was a mistake

did i get banned for griefing or is the server down?

it's the server

Fullscreen for me isnt working, it makes it too big and I cannot click on anything.

the swastika ended nicely.
ZOG wins everytime

openspades or original client

openspades.

Should be back up for good now

Implying

something like borderless gaming should work

C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\OpenSpades\Resources\SPConfig.cfg
if the launcher isn't working for changing settings

Fixed it, I use GPU passthrough Windows 10 machine and you have to go into compatibility settings and check override high DPI Scaling, then set it to application.

Hipfire is too strong

Do you not understand how well it works within a virtual machine, you are giving it false information and you block all the spying shit. Whatever its getting is filling a file that shows im just a fag who uses steam, all my browsing and files are in my linux machine where it cannot touch it since its a VM.

Nothing you have said is an arguement.

I don't want to rehash the endless arguments that have already been brought up.
I also can't believe anyone likes it as I have it on my work laptop, which I can't change as its a touchscreen.

I use for performance reasons, if 7 is as easy and works just as well I would have used that instead, believe me.

Wew lad I've used 7 for nearly 8 years and I enjoy it much more then 10.
Which doesn't bother to even give you an error log when it crashes.

He's talking about using it in a virtual machine just for games, not his "real" os.

7 on VM has lots of driver and drawback issues because it didn't have virtual machine functions inmind when designed.

where are screenshots saved?

appdata

thanks

The fuck kinda gay shit is this?

Well I'm a illiterate moron please forgive me.

the lack of variety in this game makes me burn out quickly, and it's not like the nerfed guns aren't garbage

MAKE MEXICO GREAT AGAIN !!!

The game is perfectly fine with only a rifle, the other two guns add literally nothing. And if the guns are nerfed to the point of them being shit then there's no point in enabling them anyway

I need mortars and machine gun emplacements ;_;

one day

Make it so you cant put intel underground, fucking kikes hiding shit

I made a riot.im server, you dont even need an email or anything to make an account.
#aceofspadesalphamales:matrix.org

about.riot.im/

Go to directories and just copy and paste the thing and you should just join.

LIFE IS SUFFERING.

Made a mumble server, IP is 99.128.6.35

password is fuckniggers

What is this? Like Discord?

No, it's not like Discord. It's primarily for voice chatting.

Its teamspeak but using the GPL meaning its free software and doesn't spy on you.

it's like irc with voice and respects muh freedoms.

There's absolutely no need for a voice chat except for groupfagging.

I want to fight and talk, typing and standing still has killed me many times tonight.

No thanks.

Oh okay, why don't you stay a cuck then

Nice comeback :^)

don't befriend each other then.

i wish we could dig DEEPER.

Bridge fags fucked it up.
It makes us go slightly faster, but lets say a capping purple, it makes him get to saftey so much faster.The river gives us more time to react to a cap.

Normally we try to avoid VOIP in case it devolves into a circle-jerk. Mumble > (((Discord))) though.

Its only a circlejerk if you keep it as a community, having it as a temp server (which it is) removes that risk. I have two channels for each team and thats it.

Temp server is definitely a major improvement over a permanent one. I think it still has a habit of splitting anons into 'fags on mumble' and 'fags who only use ingame text chat' but it's really up to anons.

Welcome to 0.76

I just think gameplay wise when me and my team could coordinate with tunnels and voice faster then text it really allowed us to do some taticool shit.

I wish this whoever was working on modding .54 would come foward with his version that removes autoclimb, smg, map/bullet tracers and fogfaggotry. It would make the game so much better.

The SMG as it exists without the nerf that one user made is cancerous not just because it kills faggots but because it completely rapes blocks. If it's in at all it needs to have block damage disabled.

Grenades and shovels destroy blocks faster. You want grenades block-disabled too?

Grenades are limited in both range and number, spades require you to actually get close enough to use them. SMGs can destroy blocks from any fucking range and much, much faster than rifles so a handful of faggots with SMGs can render most above-ground cover useless.

I don't want the smg removed because I think it's OP, I would want it removed because it seems like a pointless weapon when we have the shotgun.
This is what the shotgun is for.

With no ammo left over to shoot people, and over a whole mag required to kill one person beyond pissing range. For all the whining here about everything that isn't a rifle, their actual performance in-game sucks shit. This is why whiners are a joke.

I have all the highest setting shit and I am going to make a few webms

I found the old pastebin that had the nugget and a shitload of guns.Dunno if it works with openspades but it should work with the toaster one.
pastebin.com/56JShcGU

The SMG normally kills people with ease, just aim for the head. The version on the server that's up right now has been heavily nerfed to prevent that. Similarly the shotgun has been nerfed to prevent it being able to 1hit at massive range.

The SMG needs to be turned into a deployable MG or dropped.

The SMG needs to be turned into a deployable MG or dropped.
Anons have been saying this for a while and it would be great if someone could figure out how to do it but so far there's been no luck. Then again most attempts to seriously mod AoS have turned out poorly.

There are some ideas for how to do it but as I said further up the thread they'd probably break compatibility with the vanilla client. That's not a huge issue but fags who don't like Openspades would have to adapt unless we could find a way to mess with Openspades to look like vanilla.

Then why the fuck is every whiny faggot screeching about the SMG and shotgun in it still?

Personally I don't care about it looking like vanilla but Openspades feels completely fucking different from the original client. And I fucking hate it's minimap

Quit bein' a cunt.
The smg shouldn't render cover entirely useless at any range, or else the main contributor to the game's actual gameplay (building forts and digging trenches) is also useless and we might as well be playing the Fagex version.

gibe sauce on erika cover

No idea, I haven't seen what the current version of the nerf patch is like.

Things like that could probably be offered as an option in a hypothetical Holla Forums fork, the real issue is the renderer.

By which I mean without some significant work the lighting etc will never really feel quite like vanilla. We could provide skins for the guns (2D sights and all), player models, minimap and even the flat colours on the blocks without too much work (rip from existing mods or ask a faggot using literal paint to have a shot at it) and the sounds could probably be taken over directly. Disabling sprint and so on is a few seconds of work for a coderfag, autoclimb being clientside a bit more work and the spade/pickaxe thing being clientside perhaps the most work of all but it's all within reason.

I don't mind that at all, I actually like Openspades' lighting and all the other graphical improvements. For some reason though aiming down sights feels floaty to me; maybe it's just my autism but I always prefer using the old client.

Openspades has 3D sights, vanilla has 2D ones. It might be that, if it is there's a skin for OS' guns to make their sights look like the vanilla ones though I'm not sure where it is (another user might know).

github.com/yvt/openspades/wiki/Example:-2D-Aim-Down-Sight
github.com/yvt/openspades/wiki/Example:-2D-Aim-Down-Sight-3
These replace them with the vanilla 2D sights. The second one replaces the sounds too which might be weird in OpenSpades (you can just open the .pak in an archive manager and delete them) but the other one might be broken.

This is a raw WEBM and I am going to optimize it later.

I think you anons are overdue your medication.

Thanks user, this seems to be what I'm looking for. I'll try it out.

thanks doc

from the other side

Mumble is dead as well.

Mumble isn't run by OP I don't think, just a random user.

If you want to keep the smg, it needs to not do so much damage to blocks.

I like the rifle better.

No I am saying that I killed it since I was the one hosting it, read ids fam a lam.

Needs more trees tbh.

Oh, my bad.

heh

Green always wins.

It was fun, peace.

snigger

only ones i have
FUCKING CAPTCHA

wew

Serverfag should have longer matches or endless modes so we can destroy mountains again

Timelimit was turned off wasn't it?

You don't understand, the rifle and the smg have the same block damage. Both weapons take three shots to clear a block, and with the rate of fire for the smg being what it is, it cuts through blocks faster than using a shovel at close range.
Cover is negligible by that token. The three shots used to destroy the block keeping you from becoming swiss cheese are tiny compared to how many shots are available for each smg magazine.
but i can't fugging test how fast it is exactly now because the server disabled it again. fug

I think so but 3 captures can go by in like 5 minutes

The server is running a heavily nerfed SMG and I believe 0.76 also reduces it's magazine capacity a bit

So you won't be able to test, I mean.

That really depends on the maps and teams but yeh, at lower player counts 3 captures is not much.

Well fuck me in the ass then.

There are actually two components to the nerf script, one for damage to players and one for damage to blocks. I think hostfag might have forgotten the one for blocks though I'm not certain.

There are counters and all you can think of is "NERF DELETE BAN EREREREEEEEEEEEE".

delet yurself

rifle actually takes two shots

t.smgfag

Git gud.

checked

GET IN HERE

bls turn the black fog back to something more tolerable

is serb still up? trying to connect gives me a "disconnected for unknown reason" error

serb has been dead for awhile.

SERB BACK UP
i was asleep

So if an Eight of Spades were ever made, what features would you want it to have?

Napalm, M113's and Hueys.

moonman theme song in the menu

we're back and kicking, next map is shotty only, about 12 anons playing

Baneposting mode has been activated

plane status : crashed

What the hell is wrong with you fuckers?

We have a rotation with classicgen every third map. And if you happened to come on during the shitty arena mode, that was just for shitposting and we're back to normal rifleonly CTF now.

fug

This base must have been raided like 10 times on mesa, the purples always came in groups but we held them off every time

I selected the .76 version using the openspades client and it crashes every time, what gives?

Try typing in the server stuff manually instead of copying/pasting.

pizza tiem

This isn't right, bumping.

aye suh

Top tier modifications to the game to make people play it again:

If you want to play Battlefield go play fucking battlefield. All you're suggesting is destroying everything that makes AoS unique.

Amazing. Almost everything you said is wrong.

da

So any anons other than me planted the tree on top of the Blue Hill?

Nah, it just takes some more time for people to reconnect because the client fucks up. It seems like it might just be 0.76, because I think it only did it some of them time before.

I remember the time ~28 players managed to call a total truce to destroy the Ponyville map hostfag put on just to fuck with everyone.

why no foss linux version?

Not sure if either are fully libre but both PySpades (server software) and OpenSpades (third party client that only works on 0.75 and 0.76) are open source and have linux versions.

I assume it works in Linux.

i was hostfag
i regret nothing
I still have my recording of it because I meant to make a montage set to appropriate purge music

No, it was all day. We had them on for a while yesterday too and iirc people got tired of it.

The sheer level of autism this game creates, I swear.

nothing specifically says "works on linux"

would be nice if they made it that way.
totally foss

Here's what the game needs:

It is foss, OpenSpades and PySpades are both ganoo gpl. Foss doesn't mean it has to have linux support but they both do.

Courtesy of Cum and Bitterman
each statue is pointing towards their enemy's territory

heh

they're nerfed in the server, the shotgun is basically useless and the SMG is only good for making cool battlefield noise

criminally insane
dumb tbh
what is it with you lot, do you want the game to ditch voxels and have smooth hills? sounds better than raping your spacebar every second

How expressive.

files.catbox.moe/at2oj7.vxl
It's all ogre

Tumbling down tumbling down tumbling down

Yellow guy here.
Our desire to sleep won before either of us did. Before I go to bed I'll summarize what happened.

Here's the emblem we made. Sage for double post.

A nice end, though it is a bit strange to see something in AoS that isn't a windmill of peace.

ded

AUTISM

HAIL :DDDDDD

We got a weekend out of it user, it could be worse.