twitter.com/AnonBabble

Lv100 Cabalist
Lv77 Warden
lv70 Purifier (current main)
lv70 Commando

Im looking for the Mythical Silverbolt
grimtools.com/db/items/9398
Does anyone have a spare one?
My purifier will need it for efficient chthonics removal soon (currently using the lv50 version)

I am playing a Purifier too. The bonus to ranged weapons in the Inquisitor effectively make it the only dual class option for ranged combat centric Demolitionist builds

I can't decide if Call of the Grave is FUCKING AMAZING or total dogshit. I killed the final story boss of Malmouth in like five seconds with 8 skellies and a zombie with it, but most other bosses don't seem to fall as hard to it. Maybe it depends on which skellies I have out?

grimtools.com/calc/nZoWGJGZ

Nothing wrong with going pyromancer and dropping a 180% weapon damage doom bolt every now and again. If only chaos had good RR support, it'd be a competitive build.

seems like mage skellies get less out of it since they attack with fire

Despite rumors that set helmets are only obtainable by crafting, I have managed to find Guardsman's Helm twice, albeit with different characters. End of notice.

Please tell me I'm not about to have to make yet another character just to side with Deus Vult and get this. Please.

you can get it randomly (the recipe) no need for a new character

Well fuck. Time to run Logie a million times.

If you're looking for blueprints, the best bet outside of nemeses is troves. Go run around deadman's gulch or the gloomweald cellar. It'll also stock you up on rare crafting mats nicely.

That's because the caveat only applies to purple sets most of the time. If a legendary set has a helmet, it'll always be a craft item.

ONE OF THESE FUCKING DAYS
thanks for the tip tho

I find crucible to be a better place for farming recipes. 15 minutes of work for 3 recipes give or take.

That said I'm looking for niggers to go gladiator crucible with me. I'm level 93 life steal totemancer

I have one, but we're in different timezones so it would probably have to wait for the weekend.

If I cheat like a huge asshole, would that be okay?

By that I mean like level 99 with 600 skill points, 100 devotion points, etc

Where the fun in that user?

Have multiple 94-100 lvl characters. Tell time.

Any time within the next 12 hours is fine, I've just done pulled another 4am.

Actually probably not today, going to sleep soon user. I'll see if saturday will be fine for a session. What's your timezone user? I'm UTC 00

UTC+03:00

i unironically like titan quest more

That's fine, TQ is a good game.

That's fine, today people live with autism healthy life.

you're a Cheeki cunt are you?

Oh nice, please tell me which items would you want for it and i will see what i have to trade
Also which times you can be online

So, I've been playing so far with Ignaffar and skelly+Blightfiend. What I've been wondering is if I should ditch one or the other to go full on pets or direct damage - in the former case, refunding my skellies and fiend for the vitality drains, in the latter, refunding Ignaffar and going for the Seal or possibly one of the buff auras.

Does anyone know which might be more effective?

Do the blueprints for the high-end weapon enhancements only drop from heroes and bosses in Chtonic rifts or did I get them there by coincidence?

i got some lv94 blueprints randomly

Imagine my shock.

Imagine my shock.

So I'm mostly working on my Warder but I really want to eventually do something with my Purifier. The Warder is going to handle most of my farming and so on, but the Purifier is going to be my real prestige character.

I wanna turn my Warder into a lightning rod tank, but i need the Dawnbreaker and most pieces of Dawnguard set to do it
i can't link the build because Brave browser won't pick it up

Luckly my purifier only need the Mythical Silverbolt to become a cool demon hunter

In necromancer build, how to buff skeletons in best way after reaching 16/16 in their skill tree?

Any anons up for crucible gladiator within the next few hours?

You around for a session?

get gear that pushes it to 26/16 :^)

Max Master of Death, Call of Grave and Soul Harvest, or get into other class trees for pet bonuses

Also the best devotion constellation for skellemancer is Dying God, put Hungering Void on some skill you don't use too much (something with just one point just to trigger it)

That looks like a nice tonk setup but I personally think Tortoise proc is really overrated (unless they made it scale better at higher levels).

I saved my ass so many times, i can't live without it

thanks for the tips

Silverbolt user please post which times you can be online when you are back
my purifier is lv81, i will need it soon!

I'm alive now, if you are too then join my game:
game name: videogames
password: silverbolt

Life is suffering

can't see your game, in fact can't find any room for some reason

Ha, got it, my internet was shitting itself earlier

Thanks user!

I've already settled for an Empowered Bloodseal on one hand. My ring choices for this build are crap. I mean, I would LOVE a nice Cronley's but rolling for decent affixes is tedious as fuck.

Any anons up for farming stuff in crucible gladiator? I'll keep this server up until 12pm UTC 00

Oh and I'm on steam.

Is cunning worth dumping points into? Is physique like vitality in D2 and one of the only good stat upgrades? What constellations are good for a ranged chaos/elemental glass cannon? this game is pretty fucking good, I thought it was just a meme game since I hated titanquest

Depends if you need crits for ability procs or if you have high crit damage
If you don't then invest only enough for your hit chance on monster of your level to be above 99%
Cunning also increases physical damage overall, so depending on your build it is a good investment, but with lower priority than Physique

Disgusting

it's not that Darius is hard to kill because he's not, it's just that farming MIs for good affixes is just constant dicerolling and Darius isn't one of the really fun bosses to fight, he's pretty dead simple so there isn't as much entertainment value. A lot of the non-Nemesis MI droppers go down pretty easy (Viloth is a piece of cake).

Alright, this is what I have so far. (Would be significantly better with MI rings, of course, but I'm not going to absolutely count on them).
Major gripes I have with it:

What level should I be for elite? I'm level 48 and this is my build right now: grimcalc.com/build/1009-p0kzUa
But i was thinking that maybe using this build it would be better: grimcalc.com/build/1009-ko9XLZ
My items are usually focused on stats (physique, cunning), but i was also thinking of replacing that and getting as much cold damage as possible

Try to be at least 50 before you collect the reward for killing Log in normal/veteran so you get a legendary instead of an epic. 50 is a good level to click over to Elite anyway. Also, stats from items are honestly kind of meh. Getting things with lots of flat damage add is nice, if you have to choose between some stats and some flat damage I think the flat damage wins.

I already killed Log and got a legendary weapon but it was mostly fire damage so it was useless for me.

its been a while since I played Grim Dawn so I can't give indepth analysis on your build, but the first thing I noticed immediately was

I mean I'm not saying it isn't viable or anything but that seriously raises my eyebrow. Nightblade builds usually put lots of points into cunning for the same reason rogue-type builds in any RPG focus on dexterity. I don't think you should have as many points as you do in strength.

I'll be honest, I love this game and haven't gotten past the first chapter because I keep making new combos. But I am really liking the soldier. I'm wondering, what's a good dual class for the soldier? Shaman looks like it will pair well with it, as I'm using 2 handers as well, but some of the stuff from Occultist looks good as well. I have the DLC as well, but I'm not sure how Inquisitor or Necromancer would work with a soldier

user, Cunning is a fairly bum stat right now. Physique is absolutely king for a number of reasons. Even Nightblade mixes don't usually sink too much into Cunning except to help meet gear reqs. They've talked about how to make Cunning more attractive without making it OP but apparently none of the ideas posited were appealing,

Just about everything mixes well with Soldier barring Arcanist and to a lesser extent Necromancer, and even then there are solid builds for those mixes. Soldier's a fantastic class and some people have cried nerf because Soldier's pretty much the only class that can be played SINGLE CLASS throughout a lot of the game.

here's a couple i have saved from a while back
i especially like witchblade focusing on vit damage

grimcalc.com/build/QMxEcj
grimcalc.com/build/c6wiZG

Pair it up with a Shaman.

Groovy. Thanks for the tips.
When it comes to devotion, what constellations should I be aiming for?

Depends a bit on your damage types and what kind of character you want. Warder can do Lightning/Electrocute really well, but is also good for Bleed and Phys/Trauma as well. Warder can also do either full on RIP AND TEAR offense or tank/retaliation.

that's something you can figure out yourself rather easily just by reading through all the constellations and planning it out with Grimcalc or whatever. There is no real hard and fast "you need this constellation" or anything, you can swap things around at any time, but the decisions on what to choose should be obvious to you. That Witchblade vit-damage build I posted should have the Bat constellation for example, as it enhances vitality damage.

I'm running a virgin Purifier and just hit level 40 with maxed Word of Pain, Word of renewal and Accuracy skills. I'm putting points into Demo but no solid plan yet. I want to take advantage of my Hellmaw Shotgun legendary to create a Tank Shotgunner but I don't know what's better to go for in my devotions:
-Since I'm a virgin and only bringing in the shotty from another character, I will be using the Chosen's armor for fire/elec so it makes sense to go for Ultos and have my damage output be 50/50 fire-electricity. Will be dropping runes to stand and shoot and bind elemental storm to flashbang.
-Or I could skip to the end and assume I will get Ulzuin's set at some point and play Chaos/Fire. Go for Meteor + Solael's Blade as devotions.

While leveling I'm using solael and elemental storm proc but past 50 I will have to start bulking. In any case, what's best for a tank caster purifier that thinks dual wielding should stay in the 90's?

if you want to be sturdy purifier max Inquisitor Seal as fast as possible, its the best "stand your ground" spell in the game
This is my Demon hunter purifier build (i can't just link it because my browser can't get the link)
Im lv83 right now, im tankier than my Commando with a similar build and deal more damage as long as i stay in the Seal and next level im switching my weapon to the Mythical version for 4K+ extra DPS

The only must have constellation in my opinion is Kraken since you are using a two-hander, but if you want to go with the gun i would suggest respecing Word of Pain into Fire Strike, if you want to stay a caster i would suggest scepter or revolver with shield for extra tankyness

I've been confused about Busting round, the tool tip says "activates off of default weapon attacks" but does that mean it will work with fire strike?

Yes. Fire Strike is considered a default weapon attack, along with Savagery, Cadence (I think) and the skill granted by Shard of Beronath components (think it's called Beronath's Fury).

Amarasta's Blade Burst, from Nightblade class, is also a default attack.

Wait, it is now? No shit? Good. I had been pestering them to give Nightblade a default.

I fucking hate this double quad nigger
Killed me 3 times holy shit

And didn't even drop anything good

Everyone hates Kubacabra. He's actually the deadliest Nemesis out there right now because he's so damn difficult to deal with (pet builds are almost completely hosed)

Same room, going to up for next 6 hours over steam multiplayer

i will join later, working right now
What are you guys up to? bastion of chaos?

I'm not running storymode, but crucible in gladiator difficulty to farm for end game legendaries.

oh, i don't have the Crucible DLC, is it really worth it buying?

If you have end game character and you want them to pass the true shit test, crucible's the way to go. It's also a handy way to farm recipes if you find the normal game's drop rate to be too slow.

That is straight up the best recommendation I've seen for this toon, thanks m8. I'll ditch Ulzuin set for Ligh's Guard. As far as devotions go, I've been playing all wrong. I mean, I'm clearing rooms but that won't last in AoM since Mogara gave me an unlucky crit.
I've got a question though, can I facetank nemesis?

And how do you Devotions? because I'm having trouble seeing the path you took to get there.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaybe as a warder or tactician and thats only after maxing resists and shit

You can respec some points and reinvest as long as you keep the requirements, for example you can throw away the starter points in the central constellation when you start completing other constellations

If i remember well i started with the yellow point, when for the Turtle, then the Imp, then got temporary +3 in GREEN AND PURPLE GREEN AND PURPLE GREEN AND PURPLE from filler constelations until i completed both the Crown and the Phoenix, which together give point requirements, then i respected out of the filler constellations, i suggest the Falcon as a filler, after these i got the Kraken, which game me some solid 3k+ DPS and went from there to the Harp and the Tree, im currently finishing the Light of Empyrion (put 4 points into the tree for the heal proc first)

This build gives you 3 AoE buff procs, 2 Auras (3 if you use Silverbolt), 1 seal that buff allies, 1 AoE heal that also buffs a lot and a fuckton of damage against Chthonics, it deals good damage, its quite resilient, and does not relies on lifesteal, which some bosses and creatures (like obsidian demons) are immune to

I think i still have my lv50 Silverbolt, if you want i can give it to you later, i hope i didn't sell it since i don't remember storing it in the stash…

ive changed my build and now its much easier to kill in elite: grimcalc.com/build/1009-mCUfBw
but now im having energy problems

use this instead grimtools.com/index.html
the old tools are outdated

He's not so much difficult as he is just tedious. His HP leech is insane, which makes grinding him down and kiting his adds around a huge pain, but he's not actually significantly worse than Grava. In fact, I'd probably say that Grava has a much narrower range of builds who can easily kill him than Kuba does, thanks to his nullification bolt, Hp reduction, and physical damage. the real odd one out is Alexander, who has one high-damage attack and is a pushover otherwise.

Physique is a lot closer to constitution, not strength. Look at what cunning actually gives you: 30-ish points dropped in cunning is an extra 150% phys/pierce damage and about 120 OA. Spirit is even more worthless, since it gives energy instead of OA, which many builds don't need all that much of. Endgame builds have about +1600-2000% to their chosen damage type, which makes 150% a drop in the bucket, and both nightblade and arcanist have great boosts to cunning and OA without needing to sink much into cunning. By contrast, extra health never hurts any build, and DA is harder to get for an offensive build because it usually doesn't go in the yellow/blue direction. Also, equipment reqs for physique go way higher than those for cunning/spirit.

Once you figure out a damage type, look for whatever gives resistance reduction for that. for physical, it's assassin's mark. For lightning, arcane bomb or elemental storm.

Back.

character is ruined, now I have to save up to re-reset back to pure pets. Here's a news flash: FLames of Ignaffar is REALLY good, don't take it or your pets for granted, and Apostate is fucking garbage, less useful than a two-weapon Cadence build.

i was wondering where i can find the save file?
i searched in the usual places and couldnt find it (pirated game)

dunno, i bought the steam version, it should be in AppData or My Documents or some shit
buy the game you faggot, its worth the price

I see now. I've doubled down on greens and purples because I wanted to go for Meteor but I'll get out of those once I switch over to fire strike permanently and go pure blue. I'm only missing phoenix so far and that can be arranged easily (I farmed the crucible for devotions before starting normal, so respeccing constelations is a breeze).
But thank you very much for the Silverbolt offer, I already have one in my stash from one of my alts.
Honestly? I have too many alts to count because I hit the grinding slope hard and lose interest. I'm looking forward to this build because it looks fun and seems like a good farmer (in 2+ years I have not seen a single piece of Ulzuim, Warborn or Beronath, what the fuck?). The autists at GD forums only suggest builds that require all pieces of a set to be useful and give you a shrug when asked for leveling advice or progression gear.

I have 2 warders and I had a lot of fun with them but clearing times started to lag a lot.
One was a pure lighting warder, only totem damage + the procs from wind devil but as you can see, enemies immune to lighting damage were a nightmare. I could turtle up and grab a book but it got tedious after a while. Plus tempest didn't proc for shit because I couldn't land a critical hit with storm totem even if my life depended on it.

The other warder kept me meandering between 2 hander full savagery with pick up gear but since the bloodrager set just WOULDN'T FUCKING DROP I refocused her into a pure retaliation/thorns build (since I had the full enhanced perdition set in my inventory).
The kicker? I called her lalatina

Great name choice

You're missing out by putting nothing in flashbang. Even if your OA is high enough to reliably crit anything, that fumble chance is absolute murder on enemy damage output. It's a flat percentage subtraction and you can keep it up constantly.

You honestly don't need good gear for 75% of the game if you can build competently. Even if you are short, there's always crafting until you get a good roll on some shit, or just basic trading. Given that the old purples have been devalued by mythicals, most people will be willing to give them away for pennies.

i will probably put a value point on it, still haven't got to that level yet

So if we have an EXPLOSION build, and a Darkness build, then how does one do Aqua and Kazuma?

you can't have Kazuma because for some reasons bows were never invented in the Grim Dawn universe, they jumped the tech tree directly to crossbows
Aqua would be cold focused Arcanist i guess, but you can't use party tricks…

How was DARKNESS a less stupid name than Lalatina?

"Lalatina" is not stupid, it is CUTE
maybe she was on her teens when she came up with it

I've never really used the trading or social mechanic of the game because I got fed up with it from D3. I want the multiplayer to be for fun and not an obligation but if I ever get my thunder totem warder to 80+, I'll have him hit the crucible to gear up the rest of the rooster.

Lalatina a cute. Which can also do 100K retaliation damage according to the theorycrafters.
grimtools.com/calc/gZwRbmqV

Trying to decide whether to go fire AND lightning on Purifier or just pure FIRE FIRE FIRE. Purifier is the personification of "too much cool stuff to pick from".

that build is too passive, Retaliation does not proc against ranged enemies, you need at least a good auto-attack

Fire and lightning is probably a better idea. You get the two damage types paired a lot anyway.

Also you can join Kymon for better gear/augments.

I know but sometimes I just say, "fuck it" and let 1% of all enemies get away. As long as the bosses can go down, I'm not worrying about the trash (except for that bitch, Zalia the carver)

Yeah, I think that's what I'll go with. Now I just need to make some hard choices about which Demo skills I will ignore. I'm seriously not kidding, Demo and Inquisitor both have ridiculous amounts of goodies in their skill trees.

Where are my hardcorefags? Pic related, my gear/stats just before killing Shaper of Flesh on Ultimate Hardcore. Lots of better stuff now, thankfully. Still have a few pieces to replace.

The single worst thing about inquisitor is that at high levels, you get fuckall for gear that supports pierce builds. Everything with +inquisitor skills is either elemental shit that's secondary to my main damage type, or even worse, has pierce converted to fire/cold. In fact, there's not a single legendary glove set that has both good pierce bonuses and attack speed. Same thing goes for witch hunters, who don't have a single belt that has poison bonuses without converting poison to another damage type.

Also there no gear with +dmg against Chthonics for Purifier other than Silverbolt, but somehow there is a demon hunter set for Vit Nightblade
What the fuck man

Is there any gunslinger builds that are viable end-game? Like, can reliably kill all the Nemesis bosses and possibly Glad Crucible?

Also on the topic of Crucible, is it more efficient to farm Challenger over Gladiator?

If your build is good enough that you don't lose much time kiting the later waves and have very low odds of dying, gladiator is the superior choice. The clear time is marginal with banners and buffs up, and you do get noticeably more good loot.

Kind of hoping they pad out suitable gearing options in a patch or two.

A Tactician or Commando might be able to do it easiest due to the Soldier side giving more durability. Also, each Nemesis is different in regards to what you really need to succeed.
Fabius: You need to either be able to soak that initial Shadow Strike and keep on going or stutter-step/predict like a fucking boss to make him waste it. Having something to keep your health from plummeting in the fight (heal or lifesteal) is important. Fabius is relatively squishy, if you can outlast him you're good.
Moosilauke: You absolutely need something that gives you resistance to freezing, and good cold resist. His ice crystals are fucking annoying and he spawns new ones so fast it's barely worth killing them. You will encounter him in a place where you have precious little room to maneuver as well.
Zantarin: He isn't that bad in my experience but he can shotgun you pretty hard if you aren't careful. Make sure your Vit resist is topped.
Iron Maiden: She hits like a fucking truck in melee, and is difficult to kite because the bitch has Blitz IIRC. She pushed my shit in repeatedly and outside of Cruc I haven't killed her.
Benn-Jahr: Hits like a fucking freight train in melee, but is slow and can be kited. Depending on where you fight him it's easy to get him hung up on all the mines he spawns and range him/kite him a bit. I kid you not, though, if he hits you you will feel it.
Valdaran: Capped Lightning resist is a must. Has a nasty tendency to teleport you into killzones full of Aether and trashmobs (only way he ever killed me was by dumping me into an Aetherfire zone filled with trash). Can be really nasty if you aren't prepared, but generally you find him in areas that give you a decent amount of room to maneuever.

No experience with new nemeses yet (just secondhand accounts) but Kubacabra's a gigantic pain in the ass.

I'll assume you're asking about crucible for these. Outside of crucible, none of the nemeses are as big a problem because they won't be gangbanging you three at a time. If you can take Fabius's shadow strike or Iron Maiden's blitz and not go into the red, you're 90% good. Obviously, this assumes capped resists and 2.2K DA.
All three aren't big problems in crucible because they're slow as molasses and you can separate them from their buddies without much trouble. Just make sure you have freeze resist if you fight Moose in melee, and that you don't blitz into Zant as he's charging up his rape barrage. With decent trap resist, Benny shouldn't even ping your health bar, especially if you have a shield and good leech.
Can chase you with his teleports and has a shotgun, but his health is mediocre and if your lightning resist is 20% overcapped he's kind of a pushover. Pretty middle of the road in terms of challenge. If you stick to his face he can't teleport you.
Pretty much impossible to get rid of, but very easy to draw away from his slower friends. Because a chunk of his damage is pierce/cold, your resists are good at mitigating more of his damage. Make sure you don't kill yourself bouncing damage off his blade barrier.
Basically Fabius with damage that you can't resist unless you go SB witchblade. The single worst nemesis, especially if there's two of her. Has a periodic heal, reflect, a shield, and DoTs. Just an absolute asspain to fight, and your number 1 target when she does spawn. Better have good sustained heals and damage output.

However, keep in mind that wave 149 can turn out significantly worse than 150 thanks to random spawns. Shar'zul will drop your resists and put out absolutely ridiculous damage, especially with mutators that add fire damage or OA. Alkamos also has a shadow strike move, freeze, ground effects, and can do pretty horrific burst damage. Sentinel will do the same, except he also buffs his buddies with his crystals, and a team of all 3 of those is a big fucking problem, probably worse than anything except 2 maidens and Fabius.

Get 2700 effective DA and 3000 OA to start off with if you want to crit and not get crit. Almost all of them have high physical damage attacks, so find a way to get that elusive phys resist, damage absorption, or circuit breakers if your class combo doesn't have any of those. You'll also want more HP than you think you need.
You better be able to handle standing right up in his face and beating on him, because getting far means eating a shot that takes off all your buffs and deals about 10k flat damage, followed by a blitz. He also takes off about 25% of your HP by being near you and will make you fumble attacks. If you're a squishy piece of shit, grab some way to make him fumble attacks, and something like mirror or blade barrier. Ghoul devotion is good, and so is a mark of divinity and heals like PB or Blood of Dreeg. His own HP isn't crazy, so if you can keep cycling between the cooldowns of your heals, you can wear him down. Keep in mind that missing attacks means life leech isn't as good.
Alex has a big fucking rock he drops on you that has a split of physical/aether, stuns, and does around 7-10k. It's telegraphed, and you can probably bounce it at him with blade barrier or just run away if you're quick. If you can take this hit, he doesn't do anything else dangerous. He's got no reflect, no fumble, and the rest of his attacks do marginal damage while you leech to your heart's content. If you can take Fabius or Valaxeria, you can probably handle him.
Absolute cunt thanks to three factors. One, hitting him drops blood pools that give absolutely crazy life leech, so you better be DoT or learn to love kiting. two, he has a breath attack that does horrific physical/bleed damage. Three, he splits upon death, so you better learn to love kiting. Just a fucking tedious mess that's not worth it unless you want his admittedly excellent pants. If you get lucky and he spawns in the undergrowth, you can trap him behind the boss door and plink him to death with a gun.

Kubacabra is immune to pet builds, because he steals health in area, the more there is arround him the faster he regenerates
Also when he dies he splits, this happens twice, so in the end you fight 4 of him, they all hit just as hard and are just a lightning fast
Capped vit and bleed is must, also no pets

nice dubs

been one of my first successful character that made it to Homestead on hardcore, I guess that solider really is a must if one it to survive. Built with Bone Harvest as a main mean to wipe mobs and cadence for bosses/heroes but somehow Spectral Wrath kill as much, if not more using the bleed from my sword and rune. Wish I had a better sword for my level but the bleeding is so good its really hard to find a suitable replacement.

forgot pic

Soldier+Inquisitor. Go for Full cadence+deadly aim and Myth Havok + Deathdealer pistols.

My friend has said all gun/ranged builds suck and melee is pretty much king.
I'm still a gunner anyways and life is suffering.

Your friend's retarded. In no particular order:

What is the minimum survivable physique value for a Purifier that goes through the game kiting all day erryday, and not the Crucible? Not going hardcore either.
And what are the highest spirit requirements for wearable trinkets?

Char looks good. I've been wanting to try a Necromancer, but I have so many other HC characters at high level from pre-AoM that I'd like to get to 100, and I'm already short on time at the moment.

Tell your friend that he's a fucking idiot.

Rate my build
grimtools.com/calc/a2ELWPlN

Edgy/10
I have no experience with nightblade, can't comment

11/ubermensch. not enough swastika. needs more cowbell.

I would remove Lion and the order node and put them into murmur for the debuff; remove wretch, scholar's candle and hawk and put them into quill and ghoul and eldritch node.
As for skills i'd remove points in spectral binding and put them in anatomy of murder/completing PB line.

How would still be able to get both Rattosh and Leviathan if I respec Lion and all? I might think about removing a few points from Spectral Binding when I get better gear

i wish we had more constellations, i hate having to grab Wretch on a lightning/retaliation build

I'm an idiot
Then maybe get Crane instead of Lion and Panther and get rid of the points in Wretch and Giant so you can grab Murmur and Ghoul.

I might be overlooking something, but I still can't spec Leviathan if I do this. Thanks for the help though

You should at very least replace Wretch with Viper. Wretch really doesn't do anything for you whereas Viper is very relevant for any weapon-based elemental build.
I would probably drop Amarasta's Blade Burst into a one-pointer and max the modifier instead. The remaining points could be thrown into Dread.
And yeah, I would go for Murmur over Leviathan, though I realize it is a difficult choice.
You could potentially go for Amatok instead which means you need less Ascendant points.

Whew, I didn't even know I could replace Wretch with Viper, thanks. And I prefer to go for Leviathan, as Whirlpool with Bone Harvest works amazing

Also be prepared for doing some Alkamos runs as the weapon (grimtools.com/db/items/7207) you probably wanna use drops from him.
The reason I recommend dropping ABB to one point in the inital skill is because you're really using it more like a buff than anything else.

ABB is actually my default attack, but I can hardly tell the difference from normal attacks, so I'll try and see how much of a difference it makes. Thanks for the info on Alkamos, I didn't know he dropped Soulrend!

Does anyone have Mythical Dawnguard or Dawnbreaker pieces for trading?

grimtools.com/calc/DV95wRvV
I'm not very good at making builds, what should I change for a DW fire strike build?

drop thermite mine and fill fire strike

Sell me this game anons.

grimdawn.com/contribute_buynow02a.php

top kek

You can have 10 Skelletons at once

Actualy up to 13 + 3 ghosts and skeleton golem.

Oh look at this, a second Mythical Silverbolt dropped… yet none of the 25+ pieces i want ever show up
Is this the desire sensor mocking me?

wew, finally found my save to upload my build: grimtools.com/calc/p256yMoV
I am having some energy issues because i maxed Shadow Strike and NJE so i was thinking about removing some points from it and adding and maxing Elemental Awakening and putting some points in Ring of Steel and Circle of Slaughter. And maybe getting some points in Inner Focus

Equip an Arcane Spark, problem solved

I know next to nothing about this game. Can you actually do unarmed/fisticuffs builds? Would certainly pique my interest if so.

An user posted a webm of him killing log with fists only last thread, I believe he was a warder, but don't quote me on that.

he probably used an illusion to hide his weapon transforming it into something else

That's now how illusions work.

*not, fuck my face

SOLD!
Now sell me the expansion, I got some money I want to spend.

It's an actual expansion pack and not a cash grab DLC which is a fucking miracle in this day and age.

…You need the expansion for the class that allows for necromancer. He probably should have told you that.

But aside from that: It's a solid expansion that's /actually an expansion/ and adds some decent difficulty. Adds more relevance for a neglected enemy faction and has some cool lore. Also changes the loading screen from the OP image of this thread to a titty monster.

Nope. It's just that Blade Burst has a cooldown timer between uses, and in the meantime your character swings their weapon with the default attack (which triggers various default attack modifiers). It's like saying that Necromancer's Bone Harvest is also a default attack, which obviously isn't. If you don't believe, assign some constellation effect that fires on attack to Blade Burst and watch if it triggers in the cooldown period too. If that were a default attack, then why it shouldn't? I have read the 1.0.2.1 update notes and there is nothing about changing anything to Amarasta's Blade Burst. Or is there another, later update that I have no idea about?

The titty monster is the true selling point tbqh

Noice, well I gotta go and download the pack. too bad I have to delete my vanilla characters when i played this heavily and start fresh.

Maybe I'll skeleton tomorrow.

grimtools.com/calc/w26J3z82

Get 1 level of Dread, you want the 2 extra meters
Get 1 level of Blight Burst, its worth it
Attach Acid Spray to the Blight Fiend and drop Ravenous Earth completely, Sheperd Call to Curse of Frailty, and Raise dead to Bone Harvest
Manipulation is really good, get it
Mark of Torment is not essential for skellemancer, get 1 point of it max
If you want the skellies of Raise Dead to do anything at all you will need more aether/vit damage on you, they do not gain bonuses from pets

I checked today. Its a posible to make skeleton build with Soldier+Necromancer with right items while still maintain good mele damage and pet bonuses.

The devotion skeletons are mostly there for the sake of more skeletons– I don't expect them to do much even with that axe.
I'll consider your other advice but don't think I'll drop Ravenous Earth without some testing, and Manipulation doesn't seem worth the 30-something point investment unless I swapped over to flaming skeletons.

So I made this weird devotion combo and I have no idea what soldier combo it would work best for. I was thinking DeathKnight at first but now I'm not sure. It's super fucking tanky though.
grimtools.com/calc/eZPzamG2

Take out Ishtak and the yellow crossroads point and fill Obelisk instead
Then go Inquisitor and you have an immortal character
It won't do much, but it never dies!

If I was friendly with Barrowholm on normal and choose to go hostile with them on Elite will it lock me out of buying the faction rewards on normal?

probably

Well it didn't with the Outcast so I assume it doesn't with them as well but I just want to make sure before I do it. Have you done it yourself?

no

Nevermind. I found a forum post that makes it sound like you are still able to access the faction vendor on the difficulty you are friendly with them in. I really wish the wiki expanded on more stuff. There are so many blank and unfinished pages.

Obelisk's proc sucks though. It seems good for retaliation but other than that it doesn't seem very good.
Most of the constellations are pet buffs, including Ishtak.

I don't understand
Doesn't turtle have 4200 damage absorption?
Plus, sacrificing Ishtak reduces summon tankiness.

Has anyone tried fighting Ulgrim in the void during the quest where he has lost his mind? I kind of want to try it but don't want to mess anything up or lock myself out of later quests or anything.

checked
If you beat him, he lives. If you decide to exit the game before fighting him, you get to make the choice a second time. Nothing to worry about.

Just tried and lost. You actually do get to make the choice again even if you lose. Shit though, he is level 90 on Elite. I probably should have done this on normal.
Guess I will either try in ultimate or wait to do it on another character.

Good to know, though I play hardcore and only beat some sense into him once. Just told him to stop being a babyman the rest of the time.

There are two types of damage absorbed. One blocks a set amount of damage from each hit for the duration and the other absorbs all damage until it reaches the stated amount and then stops absorbing. Turtle is the latter, obelisk is the former.

BUT WHAT DOES IT MEAN

oh the filename tells me right off but it's neat and mysterious

Cool.

I got a duplicate of this motherfucker, will trade for any other piece of the set (Ulzuin) or a piece of the Dawnbreaker or the Light Defender (Mythical versions)

Oh, i also accept the Mythical Dagallon's Faceguard

What is the worst class and why is it archanist?
What or which?

Both what and which are correct forms. Who could arguably work too, but not as well. I also hate Arcanist, never fits any build I make and is lame.

The level progression is confusing me now that Malmouth exists. I can apparently get to 70 in Normal difficulty alone? Is that sensible or should I just switch to a higher difficulty to get more devotion points?

Get all malmouth shrines first and meet the factions to earn rep passively

i came up with this build for a tactician: grimtools.com/calc/wV154GYV
at first i thought about getting overguard but i already have a bit of defense so i changed it to forcewave

Well that's fucking boring.

Try again

Boring? YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT BORING IS
I just killed the Aether Nemesis with a Lightning Warder Ret Tank
Took almost a fucking hour

WOW, ITS FUCKING NOTHING

yeah, what I gather from seeing people discuss Nemesis battles, the loot drops from them aren't fucking worth the irritation and trouble waiting for them to kindly keel over and die. It seems it's simply more of a vanity/self-challenge sort of thing.

If you're half decent at building and slightly lucky with gear, you'll get to the point where certain nemeses become about as time-consuming as regular bosses. That goes double if you get those sweet racial bonuses. They're also your primo source of blueprints alongside troves, and their MIs can be incredibly good with the right affix rolls. Unfortunately, because the affix system is fucked right now, they're not worth farming outside crucible until 1.3 hits.

Why did you pick a build whose primary selling point is doing nothing and then complain about doing nothing?

because it works

Im trying to get one of those for crafting, im farming the hideout, after 8 tries i didn't get any, im focusing on the Ascended gunners, but i kill everything other than the boss, should i go for the boss too?
grimtools.com/db/items/8062

I don't doubt it, but that's like going spellbreaker and bitching about how things gib you if you don't have blade barrier up. It's not the kind of build that zips around.

grimtools.com/calc/qNYzxYA2
It's workable if you gear it right and shift around some of these skills. You better call this guy Mr. Hands, though, since there's going to be a lot of internal trauma going around.

These things used to drop like candy back before the expansion along with all the other Cronley's Gang MI's. Now the only Cronley's Gang related MI that drop with any regularity is Cronley's Signet (which is arguably the best of the lot).

how is the affix system fucked? last time i played about a year ago i remember it being fine, for the most part. The only real loot issue I had was certain relic/crafting mats simply not fucking dropping enough.

If I add something on steam to my wishlist, does it tell me when it's on sale or anything? I want the expansion but not sure if I want to drop almost 20 bucks on it.

Currently there's an overwhelming bias on MI drops toward shit suffixes like "of mending" and shit prefixes like the basic mastery ones (soldier's, arcanist's, etc.) It seems to have popped up with the xpac, though I hear it's getting fixed come 1.0.3.

Is it true pet builds are useless against end game nemesis spawns someone I was talking to said they destroy pets wasn't sure if he was just being salty or honestly.

It's one particular nemesis called Kubacabra.
Firstly he divides into multiple smaller Kubacabras several times making it hard for your minions to focus him down. Secondly each time he is hurt he summons red pools that causes life leech damage meaning he will be replenishing his health off your minions near instantly.

Kuba also gives regular builds a hard time but they at least stand a theoretical chance with lots of kiting and patience.

Depends on the nemesis. Fabius can shred pets since pierce and bleeding resist can be hard to get on pets. Iron maiden similarly can do a lot of damage to pets since she mainly deals physical damage and trauma. Moos can be troublesome because of the freeze spam in the second phase. Kubacabra is practically impossible to kill not because he kills your pets but because he drains life from all of them at once constantly so he never dies. The other issue is aggro, pets don't hold aggro very well so often times nemesis will go straight for you and a lot of pet builds don't build themselves to tank.

Finally got the Casque… only took 18 tries…

I have some questions: do devotion skills that are bound to auras need corresponding aura to be toggled on for skills to "fire" at all? Can they be bound to aura skills provided by items (if the latter provide them at all)?
I have Giant's Blood and Ghoulish Hunger bound to Mogdrogen's Pact & Primal Bond respectively and I am planning to get Tree of Life's skill for even more regeneration in emergency case, which would get bound to Stormcaller's Pact, but Primal's Bond's bonuses are better for what I'm doing with this character and I can't keep both this auras live anyway, so I'm asking these questions to know if I should go for what I've planned or rethink my decision.

Yes, you need to have the aura active for an activation chance. Depending on your second class, you'll probably have some other auras that can cover the second devotion.

They need to be active, but item auras also work

Thanks for you answers anons. I guess I will just get purified salt for aether-ward aura and bind Healing Rain to it.

Would you a slith?

Which powers can be assigned to Pet Summon skills, and which couldn't? Most of those that proc on attack can't, unfortunately.

Only offensive ones can, buff devotions and pet summons devotions cannot.

only if slith tiddies
otherwise that's a dealbreaker

Furries get out.

ur dumb

They're not even kemono or /monster/ tier. They're full on scalefaggotry, fit only for killing. (They canonically stink, too.)

(Checked)
They're also so toxic they turn water poisonous that turns to acid when you drink it.

Funny way to cut yourself out of the Kymon's Chosen questline: when asked to go for an audience with Father Kymon, ask who's that instead of agreeing or declining. You won't be asked again to decide, and the door to his study will remain closed, effectively terminating the faction's questline. Does anybody know of any workaround?

Fixed that for you, Mr. Tripsman

Post it on their forums in Bug Reporting, they might know of a fix.

Anyone want to do crucible? i just bought it, so i need to climb the difficulty from Aspirant to Gladiator

Room: Aspirant to 100
Pass: vidya

Patch 1.0.3.0 has dropped and thankfully has made Kubacabra and Grava'thul a bit easier to deal with.

Just got a crash on the Crucible, seems like the patch is not quite stable

I might if do it with you but only on challenger. Once you unlock it reply to this. I'll come right over.

Welp, the giant patch is out. I'd paste it all here but the list of changes is a fucking tome, so here's the link instead

steamcommunity.com/app/219990/discussions/0/2425614361137024515/

Been a while since I played so I'm not spending an hour reading every line because I'm missing context, and I don't really know what is or isn't a big deal. In general there are shit tons of loot changes, MIs and higher tier loot drop in Crucible now, a bunch of things have been changed in the classes, and a number of mechanics fixes and gear model adjustments.

Yeah I anticipate a hotfix within a day or so

So quick question, there's a Game+ option or something, right? I just went back to play on my level 59 Warder on Elite Difficulty, and I check the map to find it's only discovered up to Burial Hill. The guy in town who gives you bounties for killing those three champion Aetherials just started his quest offering when I talked to him.

Did I restart a game from the ground up on Elite with a high ranked character, or was this a result of the patch, or is it possible that my Warder world progression happened on someone else's server and so clientside there's nothing for me? If you start and finish the game playing coop on someone else's server would it keep that world progression on your own machine?

I just don't know why I have to start all over, albeit the character is powerful enough to waltz through most things.

That's a lot of move speed. I like it.

Keep in mind IIRC the limit for move speed bonus is 35%

i unlocked it on my skellemancer does kupracabra appear on challenger difficulty?

WHen you beat a difficulty, you unlock the next.
The next difficulty is basically the whole game all over again but at higher levels with better loot. There is a secret dungeon only available at the highest difficulty.

biggest change is to how casting targeting works.

Each difficulty is a new playthrough

Do you mean the Hidden Path quest? That is available on all difficulties or are you referring to the secret quest where you get to fight John Bourbon?

I'm referring to the one that requires the hidden sword, the bag of salt, and the highest difficulty.

Kazuma is person that never played real game before and placed a point in every single skill and refuses to add more to useful one he found.
I mean he is spellsword that suddenly decided to go for bows in second season and only useful skill he has is from thief.
This person doesn't need class in your game to play as him. You need to be as opposed to min maxing as possible. I am not talking taking 2 - 3 skills you like. I am saying you need to take every single skill in your tree and make sure it is on equal level.

Actually, the most useful skill he picked up was Drain Touch, if I remember correctly. One could play him as a ranged Necro-demo.

Oh yeah I forgot.

I actually need to get into Grim Dawn instead of lurking in the threads. Especially now when I am really burned out on Path Of Exile. However what is a bit unfortunate I also decided to play something more action oriented and went with Dragons Dogma.

No
Challenger's pretty easy.

Does anyone know when Elite difficulty starts ramping up? At the manor? My Lightning Warder build is only level 60 and he's dancing through everything utterly raping everyone. My lightning modifier is over +800% and Savagery tops out at 10700+ damage without crits.

Normal to elite is a relatively small jump, but has the same difficulty spikes: warden, cronley, etc. The real trouble starts at ultimate, because you suddenly lose non-core resists and your damage won't be enough to burst down bosses anymore.

Bourbon and the new secret boss.

Malmouth bosses aren't in crucible yet, just the new gear and MIs. Although whatever wave will have 2 Gravathuls and Kuba will be a sight to see. I fully expect them to go full retard and have something like Anasteria with Sharzul or Sentinel in whatever the wave 149 equivalent is.

Crate has lost their minds.

Might anyone know where to procure a Reckoning relic blueprint?

Relics drop randomly. Once you read them they're unlocked for any and all of your characters. If you don't have one, you can trade another player for it. I don't think any of those blueprints are for sale except maybe the basic, bottom level ones.

Also let me add that I do have the ability to craft Reckoning; no, I don't have a spare blueprint. It requires one Empowered relic that I already have, but it also requires two Transcendent relics that I neither have themselves nor the blueprints for.
In regards to you getting Reckoning blueprint I think you just have to get lucky, or maybe complete a quest I'm not remembering.

Alright thanks. It is the only piece I am missing to craft Olerons wrath. It's not a huge deal right now since I just started on Ultimate but I want to eventually start getting better gear and stuff since I know for a fact I will have trouble with a few bosses down the line.

Harpy

Sentinel's not so bad. Just keep him away from his crystal summons. Anasteria can be a real cunt though, and Shar'zul will push your shit in, in record time if you're not really careful.

Oh yes.

My lightning warder just got Ultos' Cuirass right after he hit 70. I was overjoyed and then I learned it's actually only one piece of a huge set. Gotta catch them all.
On a side note, I think I put together one of the best Warder builds in the game accidentally. Defense, passive health regen, and lightning damage out the ass (I think I'm over a thousand percent now). Can't wait to see the facetanking this guy will do on 100.

Fucking Crate, step your fucking game up.

Feels so good.

If you have 2 rings of the exact same type with on hit effects do their effects have individual cooldowns, or do they share the same cooldown making it so only one trigger at a time? I want to shit blood pools like I'm a nemesis

separate cooldowns pretty sure

shiieeeet I only managed to find one of those rings.

i only have the non-mythical version for now, but im planning to get or trade for 2 of them when i reach lv84

Anyone run into Loxmere Nightmage? I've never had any issue with an enemy before like this one, even through previous playthroughs, in my 300 hours.

This faggot will show up and OHK me. I've approached from a half dozen different ways and ultimately decided fuck it, I'll just avoid him. The hell is the deal? My resistances are all >50 except for pierce or bleed, he doesn't do bleed, he's considered aetherial and my resistance is at 70 or 80 for that, yet this fucking guy will hit and kill me instantly. I'm level 72 ffs.

Your resistance should had been maxed at that level and your gear should had been cycled to at least have enough armor to hold off level equivalent physical attacks.

My guy's a tank with high passive health regen. It's very seldom that I run into something I can't facetank, and because I'm a warder, those few things I DO need to run away from are easy to kill anyway because all I do is run in circles, let my health regen do its job, and have my briarthorn and totems take down my enemy. I highly doubt hard hitting physical attacks are what the issue is here.

I really wish GD had some kind of combat log to see what the calculations and stuff are. I mean you can't even see what damage types are, explicitly, you basically have to make a good guess, instead of knowing for certain. The wiki for the game doesn't even have stats for enemies, it annoys me. And like I said, I've never run into a problem like this before, even with other playthroughs and on other characters, even ones less tanky. He just shadowsteps behind me, strikes me with a hit I can't avoid, and kills me instantly.

I'm a facetanking maining vit and life stealer and there's still shit I can't handle. Just rethink your build's efficiency. I've redone mine multiple time from level 70 to 90.

all I can say is thank fuck I'm not doing hardcore
Imagine spending a hundred hours running a hardcore character with absolutely no issue at all, you just rape everything that steps across your path, if it enters your line of fire it goddamn dies
…and then out of nowhere you get one hit killed by an enemy that teleports. If I my warder was HC I'd be flipping tables and smashing windows.

Yeah you pretty much need to understand the underlying math if you want a viable HC end game character. That or a guide from someone who's done it.

Loxmere is actually EASIER now than he used to be because Crate got rid of energy burn, which Loxmere used to do in spades.

Loxmere can dispel all your buffs and does really high physical damage. He might have also been wielding some weapon that was really strong.

Haha oh shit what if he was wielding Notched Bone like Fabius likes to do?

I'm looking forward to that fun time.

tfw being a neetfag
tfw buying diablo 2 remastered

Does anyone have parts of
Dawnbreaker (except the shield, i have two of them)
Uroboruuk's Guise
Valguur's Hunger
Shepherd of Lost Souls
Dagallon's Faceguard (just the helm)

I got some legendaries to trade

Do the expansion chapters come after the Cthonian necropolis end of the game, or is it accessed before then? I waltzed through about half of the Port by taking the aetherial rift before I got bored and went back (there also doesn't seem to be any context or lore for the port, the rift is just there and no one says anything about it, I haven't found any notes, the port seems to just exist and that's it).

The new content comes directly after the old ending, Port whatsitsname is one of those dungeons you have to enter with a key and can't return to if you die, like the Steps of Torment.

I have one.

I like the roguelike dungeons, they're fun and have good loot. Only complaint I have about Port Valbury is those fucking aether tornadoes.

Yea that shit was annoying especially on Normal and early Elite when you don't really have good Aether resist yet.

Also, Port Valbury gets namedropped a bit by Anasteria in pre-AoM, but gets mentioned a lot more in AoM content. The port itself is littered with lore notes that flesh out the story of PV a bit better, as well (there are a couple new ones with the AoM expansion I think, talking about AoM events).

Nice job man. I always hate playing HC characters because I don't enjoy having to restart but cool that you beat it.

I don't really find HC in ARPGs fun. Did it in Diablo 2 and it just kind of bored me because you didn't dare take risks in HC with a well-developed/geared character, you played it safe or you ate shit. If I want to play "one life to live" I play a proper roguelike instead.

Purifierfag here. I leveled my Inquisitor to 40 just using word of pain and maxed out inquisitor's seal. After 40 I debated between taking Demo or Soldier and went with demo.
Now I have a problem: The only elite set that will fit me starting 60+ (when I stransition into being a pure gunslinger) is the Marksman set.
Can it be possible to stay as a WoP turtling faggot for the rest of the game (elite + ultimate) ? a pure Inquisitor caster, so to speak?
Right now I'm dropping points into Cunning just to get the required stats for guns but I'm sure those points are better spent in Phys for defense or Spirit for offense.
My setup works like this: Inquisitors Seal with Ultos' devotion, flashbang with Elemental storm, Blackwater Cocktail with Flame Torrent, Word of Renewal with Ghoulish Hunger and finally, Word of Pain with Eldrich Fire. With the right procs, enemies start to melt but my strategy is always about kiting. I'm too squishy to stand my ground and I have a +2 to inquisitor's seal on my chest armor and a book with +1 to all inquisitor's skill.

tl;dr what's the best elite set for an elementalist, gunslinger purifier that won't turn me into a glass cannon?

Only if you goes in 2-hand elemental build or Ignafar with good Shield on Elemental damage.

The resistance you need for Ultimate PoE is insane, I don't remember it being this extreme before the expansion.

i went dual pistol, killed most things before even taking damage until Ultimate, then i went two hander guns

These are my mythicals for trade, and yes these are two Bulwark of Octavios, and an extra Dawnbreaker Duty, please trade with meeeeee i listed the stuff i want previously

I also need two Mythical Deathlord bands

You could probably swap the offhand for a nice shield like the aegis or watcher and drop big flaming loads with you BWC, thermite mines, and word of pain while running away like a bitch. I don't know if it'll measure up to the DEE witchblade or BWC sorcerer, but caster builds are generally the top dog in this iteration of the game.

That's because Lox is basically a spellbreaker with green gear, which means his shadow strike will burst you down. Alternatively, you got caught in a blade trap, got your buffs knocked off, and then got crit to death by his buddies. Either bump up your HP/DA or kite him away from the group. Just be glad this game doesn't have Toxeus the Murderer in it yet.

Just bought the base game. What expansions should I purchase?

Also; what class? I usually play tank or necromancer

No necro without DLC. Soldier is easiest to build as tank.

The crucible is cheaper, but not necessary until you have a maxed character (its just an arena where you can farm gear)

The other expansion is the real deal, you need that to play necromancer

There are plenty necromancer builds viable, mix it with occultist or shaman for a summoner build, or a vitality/bleed caster
Mix with Soldier for a tank (im not sure how Deathknight fits in the meta though)

I would play the game first and see how you take to it. There's plenty of hours worth of content, no need to put more stuff on your plate than you can chew at once. If you like it, I'd get the only expansion there is, Ashes of Malmouth. The only other DLC is a procgenned dungeon running thing.

Necromancer is only in the expansion, however, so if you really want that you'll need to get AoM anyway. The closest thing to a necro you have in the base game is occultist, which is plenty fun if you want to go for a pet build and/or stack with vitality damage. As for a tank, I'd say probably the best class is the same as my main character: Warder (which is dual class Soldier and Shaman). You can also be pure soldier as well, as that class is really the crux of focusing on colossal defense, but you'll need to find ways of raising your resistances.

Happened to me with a Cabbalist, wasted 50 hours wiping every single thing with my minions only to have some cunt teleport on my character and wipe it in 3 hits.

I would not bother with summoning if I were to make a death knight, I'd focus on other necro skills instead.

Be aware that death knight is one of the two worst soldier combinations right now. It's still workable because soldier is the game's best class, but your clear speed is going to be abysmal compared to most other tanks. If you want to be the tankiest fucking tank, it's either warder (wendigo totem/mog's pact), commando (blast shield), or witchblade (CoF, Blood of Dreeg).

Out of curiosity, what's the community concensus on the proper amount of DA/armor when you're around L75 for a tank?

So is Grim Dawn Fun?

Depends on the type of tanking you do and where you are in the game. Base game needs about 2.2-2.4K DA to avoid crits. Shield builds can afford to be on the lower end because they generally have more circuit breakers and soak the damage better. For malmouth, you want at least 2.7K DPS by the time you start hunting endgame content, including whatever debuffs you can keep up constantly. Again, it's a pretty small investment for most tank builds, and some tactician or blademaster builds can get up to 3-3.2K without losing much offense. As for armor, it depends on your class choice more strongly. A witchblade with 60% phys resist and a shield won't really care about armor, while a dual wield blademaster wants a lot more. Generally, 2.5-3k is a good number to shoot for, with 95-100 absorption.

Starting acts are a bit slow if you play as intended, but you can always skip act 1 and go straight to the point where enemies are 10 levels higher than you and actually require kiting. It's considerably quicker than Titan Quest, and you generally hit the point where it's engaging pretty early.

Thank you all for the replies. I'm trying out Occultist right now.

Death Knight is pretty good now, but you will need an Aether conversion weapon eventually. Krieg's set works great late, there's good physical to aether conversion weapons you can further enhance, you can get Wrathstone early and Seal of Corruption later on your weapons too so all is good. The class works fine.

Something that bugs me is that there are so many fucking gear pieces out there and yet there still aren't enough to support some of the builds I want to try.

(checked)
Can someone answer this question: is the network programming better than PoE? I quit PoE early after some of us Hardcore racers discovered the desync game design flaw, and made GGG admit to it in the forums.

If it's as good or better than battle.net what are the interesting multiplayer modes/options?

If i assign Blizzard to Wind Devil will each of the devils have its own individual cooldown?

it annoys me so much they made a vitality demon slayer set for nightblade instead of a fire/lightning demon slaying set for purifier

gut instinct tells me no, when a constellation power procs it's controlled by a single cooldown. It could proc immediately after the cooldown is over because you have more devils and a higher chance to score a crit, but I doubt you're going to get two blizzard striking at once.

I have a question, let's say I take Reaping Strike, Markovian and Necrotic Edge and get them all to XX% chance. What if I get lucky and all three theoretically proc on one attack? I know only one can be used for one attack, but what I want to know is which one will be used? Will it be the one with most points in it, chosen randomly or will the game decide which to take in a different way?

Says who?

Bit the bullet and bought the expansion. Necromancer seems too much fun for me to ignore.

passive weapon procs are work like this, lets say you have 20% chance of proc on each
that makes
40% chance of normal attack (or weapon skill like fire strike)
20% reaping strike
20% markovian
20% necrotic edge

I don't know what happens if you have enough procs to go over 100% chance

Don;t forget that Cadence will ALWAYS proc, often superceding others. Make sure that you build around this. It's why I'm hesitant to make a Soldier/Nightblade.

"It is possible to get the total chance of activating passive weapon abilities to go beyond 100%. When this occurs, all of your basic attacks will be replaced by abilities and their chances of activation will be used to determine their relative frequency."

Not taking into consideration cooldowns which might leave a gap here or there.

You can use Shard of Beronath's skill instead, but unless you're about elemental damage it won't really work all that well as there could be a component that buffs your attacks more instead. Death Knight won't benefit and will hurt himself by using it because he operates on Aether with a bit of Vitality/Physical, so Cadence is mandatory. I wonder why there aren't components just like Shard of Beronath that add a permanent attack skill but instead convert damage to Aether, Poison, Physical or Vitality while buffing them. I'd use Shard of Aetherial Whatever for that DK.

Cadence only overrides every third attack and it does so much damage there's no reason you wouldn't want it to. Plus, Cadence line has deadly momentum which greatly buffs your damage output.

What the fuck does "100 80 die farm" even means?
Why are there no good crucible rooms?

Its just leveling plus supbar loot.

Why is Louis de Funes the leader of a cannibal wendigo Ravager cult? Why are all possible responses to them so pussified? I took Necromancer, spectral binding is enslaving souls to do your bidding, that's pretty much objectively worse than what they're doing, the difference being they talk like cartoon villains and you can't.

Every time i finish crucible (150 gladiator) twice im unnable to loot some of the gear, is this a common gltich?

Necromancer = dealing with dead people soul
Ravager = nigger tier voodoo magic that also involves eating your victims

How do I go about creating a Doomguy-like build? Do I go for Inquisitor/Soldier, Inquisitor/Demolitionist or some other class combination?

Inquisitor/Demo (Purifier) for maximum gun firepower
Soldier/Demo (Commando) for a more tanky gunner
If you need this gun

For demonslaying i have 2 spares now everytime i trade some gear i start getting drops of it nonstop i will give it to ya when you get lv84

Thanks a lot, but I cannot use MP, because I don't have a Steam/GOG Galaxy copy of the game. I can only play SP. Also what skills do I need to max out first besides Deadly Aim? What devotions are good for gun characters? I had 2 devotion points on my Inquisitor/Soldier character, but I don't know where do I start from.

Inquisitor/soldier. Bonuses against cthonics/aetherials, insane melee or ranged potential, retarded durability. All phys/pierce, all the time. Go for assassins' dagger and the other purple/yellows until you hit unknown soldier or oleron, depending on which damage type you favor. For ranged, do something like this: grimtools.com/calc/O2GlnLnV only don't be a retard like me and try to make a pierce-based purifier.

Yeah, for some reason the game tends to freak out and a couple of pieces can't be picked up. This is a multiplayer-only thing in my experience, though.

Yeah, with Krieg's buffs it's an okay class now. The problem is that there's only one endgame set to make it work, and aether has the worst RR support out of all the damage types. I'm also not sure about how the class's OA/DA would work compared to the more popular soldier combos.

grimtools.com/calc/wV1598MV
Soldier/nightblade is the game's dodge tank. You can combine a very solid HP pool with 3K effective DA, a 20% dodge chance, and fumble from ring of steel. Then you have one of the highest OA totals of the game with very respectable crit damage and capped attack speed. You're also one of few classes able to hit over 1000 in two stats with minimal investment. This isn't even the best blademaster build, now that Belgothian's set is out.

The best skills on Inquisitor are Inquisitor Seal and Word of Renewal, also Ranged Expertise if you are gunning
As for soldier it really depends on what equipment you want to use, Cadence should be good on ranged weapons, but don't invest too much on passive weapon skills because the Cadence proc always overrides them, so it can be quite a waste if you pick too many of them.

Is there any point to trying to complete Hidden Path before getting aether resistance upping gear? Is Sentinel doable at all without maxing aether resistance first?

Depends on the difficulty. If it's normal, especially without Veteran enabled, you can fuck around and still make it through almost everything without particularly knowing what you're doing. If it's Elite, fighting any major boss without its main maximum resistance appropriate to it is stupid; on Ultimate, suicidal.

Is it just me or did the recent hotfix make the game crash more frequently?

For Sentinel Aether res isn't what you desperately need. Sentinel deals in acid/poison, vit and chaos (and physical). Have good DA, keep him away from his crystals, and he's not the worst thing ever but he can still be a pain (mostly because of adds and the weird shape of the room he's in).

Well, if he summons another "star" monster, I'm fucked anyway already, not being able to kite two of them at once.

Don't worry so much about the hero add. Compared to Sentinel, the hero is not that scary.

Is there a good place to farm Wendigo Claws?
So far I've been running the path around Barrowholm, but there's just three or four Ancients there.

i usually get from the wendigo bosses, you unlock them by geting the barrowholm quest to slay and gather the hearts of three of them, they always spawn in the same places