Alright Holla Forums, let's talk knight vidya and let's not make it M&B for once...

Alright Holla Forums, let's talk knight vidya and let's not make it M&B for once. For example anyone else played Eisenwald or Lionheart recently? How about King Arthur by neocore? Conqueror A.D. 1086 perhaps?

Other urls found in this thread:

inquisitor-rpg.com/
store.steampowered.com/app/237430/Expeditions_Conquistador/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Knaves, the lot of you.

i like mount and blade

Musketeers are way better, anyway.

Yeah, talk about wasted settings. You'd assume someone would take a hint and make a decent crpg or whatever set vaguely in the pike and shot era.

That's why you make your own, user.
In your dreams. ;__;

I want to play as an inquisitor and convert heretics into true christianity or protect the faith.

Is there a game like that?

There's literally a game called Inquisitor.
Although it's in Not-Europe and is about Not-Christianity.
It'll be the closest you get to what you want, though.

If you are talking about Cisquisition I'm going to slap you.

Do I look like the kind of faggot to do that?
Here's their website: inquisitor-rpg.com/

I'd probably make it Rance: frog edition anyway.

He's not. There are also two other games that fit that in the OP.

I love it. Fund it.

Don't worry, if I start now I'll make it in some twenty years or so. That's the norm on masterpieces these days, right?

So it's a video game about de Sade?

Either him or Gilles de Rais.
Although de Rais never raped. That we know of.

I share this feel.

Do paladins count? do Dark knights count? Because Final fantasy XIV has both of those (Paladin is even called "knight" over in japan) and they are both pretty fun to play as. Never did understand why jap games have knights and when translated they always become paladins.

Have I got a tasty morsel for ye noble gentry

See darklands.

I'm waiting for an isometric RPG about being a British Explorer in India and getting into weird Hindu spooky magic hijinks.

Isnt that renowned explorers international society?

ehhhh

Its the closest i can think of.

How about mount and blade, OP?

store.steampowered.com/app/237430/Expeditions_Conquistador/

Are they using sideswords? I love those sword types, I wish games would have more of those instead of the overplayed generic cruciform swords from the high middle ages and earlier

Thanks man, this is exactly the type of thing I was looking for.

Yes, rodeleros were meant to be a revival of Roman legionaries, only using more updated swords and shields. They were super effective at fighting in the Aztec jungles but almost nowhere else.

Best game for that is Dominions 4 or 5 by Illwinter

I'd love a game where you play as Napoleonic French soldiers

Apart from Napoleon TW and Napoleonic Wars, obviously. Just seems like an underused setting.

You think Kingdom Come will be anything good?

Weren't rodoleros trained to do some real crazy stupid shit like roll underneath the pikes of enemy armies and slash at their legs and ankles afterwards to break their ranks, or was that just a myth? I'm pretty sure it was the latter, there's no way any army at that time would be dumb enough to try turning that into a legitimate strategy. I remember reading about it somewhere, but I can't remember the source.

Probably still end up getting it, I'm an autist for anything medieval vidya

Story and setting wise it seems fantastic. I just hope the gameplay is up to par.

I bought Downgrade 3, should tell you about my future purchases

Yeah, man. That'd be awesome.
Or even a French knight, or musketeer or something man.

Kek.

Holy shit this is the first time i've seen that. Is Daniel /ourguy/?

No but you're a /newfag/

Please don't make me feel this user.. I already want to kill myself.

what a fag

Looks cool.
Please tell me it's a real game and not another arena pvp trash.

We all die a little every day, user.

Well, spanish tercios were really good for a reason.

You want to play a game where you play as the losers?

Really depends on which Coalition War it's set in, frankly.

What, you don't like a challenge?

Medieval 2 Total War
Attila Age of Charlesmagne
Warhammer Total War

Can't get more knightly than those.

EU IV as Spain

Why not? It could have a sad epilogue where your character reminisces about the empire's glory days and regrets that the French lost at Waterloo, or have the final mission be a last stand type of thing like in Halo Reach. Something like that.
Alternatively you could just set it during one of the wars that the French won.

So it's basically science fiction? Cool.

You know the very best WW2 games are the ones where you get to play as the Germans.

heh

Game's name is Mordhau in Non-Public Alpha. But alas, it is a PVP (but you can play against bots) game that looks like corrected Chivalry (supposed to not have ballerina with swords gameplay) with meme community. Supposed to be HEMA memegame.
End me rightly if i'm wrong.

Only played like 30 minutes but as a Total War player it needed polish

Everybody hypes being a sorcerer but I really enjoy being a Fighter/Warrior/Magic Knight in Dragon's Dogma. Perfect blocking a Chimera that's in mid-air jumping at you and watching it fall on it's ass feels better than casting meteors, and they have TOP TIER armor aesthetics.

If they fix the combat.

i thought the combat was the only thing the game had going for it so far

Also all those useful skills, magic knight should have double the amount of slots for them.
Elemental ripostes, enchanting all your party with elemental damage, combining that with a magic orb that you smash to make magic projectiles.
It's one of the games that makes playing as a tank fun as fuck.

It's the opposite the combat is absolute trash I mean you can't even attack someone without selecting them and you have to select an attack type before you swing. It feels more like fencing then proper melee combat.

Thats a shit scenario, what we need is a game that protrays the Knight from the Reconquista, Leading the kingdom of Asturias against the moors invaders that let you rewrite history and genocide and conquer the entirety of north africa in the name of Christ

Now I'm tempted to get a party of low level support pawns so I can use those abilities more often.

inb4 ubishill
It lets you murderize savages and weeaboos. The combat is really good too bad ubisoft was at the helm of the release, despite the fact that it is objectively better now than at launch
I think they made it on sale on steam but TBH you might be able to get cheaper on something like G2A. If it was gettable for pirate I would recommend that for try's instead.

You're right on this one, would be better if they just followed M&B.

Followed M&B's combat style*, oops.

I'm trying to master Gladiator, but it is kinda hard.

Me too, I main conq and it's tough forgetting that a) I don't have superior block and b) my guard doesn't stay where I leave it. Got to love those skewers though.
You want to add me?

I mostly main Raider. It's kinda easy and fun even when other classes are much stronger.

And no thanks. I have the game for the PS4 and I'm studying to get a gubernamental job, so I'm not playing as much.

Leave and never come back.

It was a gift.

Give me a PO address and I'll gladly gift you some strychnine.

gypsy proxy / 10