LA Noire General

So uhh….

WHY?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockstar_North#Nintendo_arrangement_and_acquisitions
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Didn't the studio go bankrupt?

Looks doubtful.

They needed someplace to put their trash. The Switch seemed like a perfect dumpster.

I dont care for that. The switch is trash.

I meant

How is this even possible?

That change makes me want to have a pointless affair, get demoted to Arson desk and then die in the sewers.

Why LA Noire instead of GTA V?

>implying he died and isnt gonna come back in a sequel that's never going to come out

L.A.M.A.J > ERIOIOIRE

Whore of the Orient NEVER EVER, you will never get to play in Noire Shanghai.

GTA's entire existence is due to Nintendo fucking up DMA's N64 exclusive, "Body Harvest". This is likely the reason no GTA game has ever been ported to a Nintendo home console, and why Chinatown Wars on the PSP is a significant upgrade over the DS version.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockstar_North#Nintendo_arrangement_and_acquisitions

This game is super fucking popular with casuals. I think it's because famous people are in it and they've bought into the "LIFELIKE GRAPHICS" meme.

Doesn't hurt that casuals are too stupid to understand how bad the game is.

They are called normalfags here reddit neofag faggot. Lurk for 2 years.

Wow I didn't know that Rockstar did Body Harvest. That game was like Proto-GTA III.

How does it feel to be retarded to the point that whatever you wrote, was real in your mind?

Nintendo's hardware policies and 'muh image' have kept the GTA games from their home consoles.

N64 and Gamecube had serious storage limitations due to their specialized formats at times where regular CDs and DVDs were the norm on their competitors.

The Wii had a large enough install base to get some Rockstar ports [Bully and Manhunt 2, of all games], but it lacked the power to run anything beyond a PS2 port. The Wii U lacked the power and install base to justify any ports.

I'm pretty sure that GTA III could have fit on a GC mini dvd.

>GTA3/VC/SA ported to Mobile Phones

To be honest, the 'doubt' option would often involve Phelps behaving like a fucking psycho, so it makes sense they changed Doubt to Bad Cop.

They are coming out with a remake to the Xbox One aswell. Guess Rockstar wants some shekels to come in.

Do you think it's not popular or there aren't famous people in it?

I'm sorry I didn't use the hivemind mandated preferred words. Please tell me exactly what words I'm allowed to use so as to avoid the crushing terror you must feel every time you write a post knowing that someone might eject you from the group.
Never been to reddit btw. But I'm glad to know you're hyper aware of whatever words they use there. I guess you have to be?

Those choices make more sense than Truth/Doubt.

Not even once.

The switch is monstrously successful and was kind of just indiegaems+zelda when it came out so AAA publishers smelled an opportunity to get their shit in for a quick buck.
I guess it proves developing for the switch isn't too hard, which isn't going to hurt it.

PLEASE LET THIS SHIT BE FAKE

wew

Nintendo switch already more profitable than the Xbox one in less than a year. You tell me.

Why are upset about this? You weren't seriously planning on playing this version were you?

They did, but Rockstar still owns the IP so they can port it and the OG devs won’t make a cent.

Fucking Rockstar. Game wasn't all that good, but Cole Phelps was /ourguy/.

Give me the source

This, to me the good cop / bad cop / accuse options look like an improvement.
I just recently gave this shit game a try and one of the things that pissed me off, was how often truth / doubt / lie had little - or in some cases, absolutely nothing - to do with what Phelps actually responded.

Some of us just want a noir detective game where you actually do detective work. Kill yourself.

It's not popular and there aren't famous people in it

bretty gud

webm related

>>>/resetera/
>>>Holla Forums

You're trying way too hard.

That's why the game was so amusing. The prompts during the development of the game were Coax, Force, and Accuse, so all the responses were designed around this. It was changed for some unknown reason, but made the game much more funny.

I don't think that the switch would be convenient for GTA:O.

just like hotwheels intended.

Why did they re-release this game instead of making a remaster of Red Dead Redemption?

LA Blacked

What the hell? L.A. Noire got the (((George Lucas))) treatment wherein they forgot why good things were good and "enhanced" them. Someone deserves a gassing for this nonsense.

Never ever, etc.
L.A. Noire is the only good Rockstar game, because it's the only one that isn't action-based. And maybe Bully, I never played that one, so I don't know.
Rockstar's controls are garbage, yet they insist on using them for all their games. Tapping A to run in $CURRENT_YEAR is a travesty. There's a huge delay between standing still and moving, presumably because they want to preserve """""realism""""" in their animations or something. And aiming in Rockstar games has always been fucked–you either use the lock-on handhold, or you can't hit fucking anything in free aim.

Are you trying to trick me again?

Regardless, the Hollywood drugs and pedophilia in the game are going to be very relevant with all the recent happenings. General audiences will get a glimpse of "glamorous" past Hollywood and see it was always a fucking cesspool.

Holla Forums is kill

L.A. Noire isn't a rockstar game… it was published by them but the original devs, like for Kingdoms of Amalur, were notorious for making one game, going deep into debt doing it, and then collapsing shortly after release.

I know it was Team Bondi, but Rockstar was heavily involved, especially after the game entered development hell. I'd say they're at least as responsible for the finished product. And the game uses Rockstar's controls (along with Euphoria, and probably other R* tech, too), which is my main point.

Fun fact: At L.A. Noire's title screen, with the flickering neon logo, the only letters that never flicker are L, I, and E.

Who do you main?

What about other games.
I prefer Psygook over The Three Legged Dervish, personally.
Sword necro gets a honorable mention.

It's seriously casual, handholdey and on rails for a detective game.

Honestly didn't get why Cole was supposed to be a bad guy during his time in WW2? It just seemed like the men under his command where fucking retards. Like he gets yelled at for not just burning and blowing up enemy underground bunkers and then when they do do that they start crying about how they're full of civvies.

Cole did nothing wrong and Courtney was a fucking faggot (as indicated by his gay loser name)

wow you're a real detective user

That's why I'm in this thread

Nintendo fans have been shut out of this industry for DECADES.

Now they will buy anything from a third party.

That's his dick dumbass.

Because he wasn't supposed to waste time by sweeping every cave, but instead collapse them with explosives and move on. Then when he decides to actually do what he's supposed to, he sends in someone with a flamethrower instead of just sealing the cave off. Cole sticks to doctrine even when it isn't the right thing to do.

The US was the first Western country to legalize divorce.

The whole "muh Christian conservative values" has always been a lie. And yeah every Hollywood starlet got the shit fucked out of them.
People use the talents that they have and for some cute Shirley Temple hopeful that means their body.

I honestly think LA Noire would not sell well on the Switch. This gritty crime world filled with semen and murder is too much for the girls and soft boys of Nintendo to handle. Besides, how many parents are going to buy this for their kids let alone play it unsupervised?

I find it funny that Chinatown was directed by Roman Polanski.

The whole Good Cop, Bad Coop thing is just a cosmetic change right? It still is the same system, right?

you left wing leaning parasite, you expect me to sit here and listen to this drivel?

This is America, not Germany!

Nice post.

This is true. You see it in the scene where he won't talk to another Marine during a firefight without going through protocol first.

YEAH LET'S CHANGE THE SUBJECT YOU GOY MOTHERFUCKER, HOW ABOUT BASEBALL?

Didn't get many funnies on my playthrough…

For the vast majority of the country's population it was not a lie. It was a lie for the kikes and urbanite scum that were the impetus for such laws to be passed. Trying to paint a picture that all of the USA was in agreement with what kikes in government and pedowood were pushing back then and still to this day is extremely deceitful horse shit.

Did they actually water this shit down for nintoddlers? The truth/doubt/lie system was pretty straight forward to begin with. I'm just going to assume it's a retarded cosmetic change. In fact if it is a cosmetic change, I think it make the system more confusing by not straight up saying what the options do.

The fact they didn't want to show any of those options in the trailer for the other consoles, tells me it's probably the same on all versions.

Original was "Agree, Intimidate, Doubt" Changed to "Truth Lie Doubt"

Nvm Satan has it correct.

Polanski knew what was up.

Hollywood has always had their own abortion doctors and drug dealers.

The list of rape cults and whore mongering evangelical televangelists is long user. America is a place of deep degeneracy that makes Japan look proper. Its why I like America to be honest.

What the fuck does that even mean? The original was TRUTH-LIE-DOUBT, how do these new options even fit in there? How do they fuck up one of the most basic features of the game? What the hell?

You mean south korea.

ENHANCED FOR THE SUPERIOR SWITCH EXPERIENCE

HATE NEWSPAPERS

The original LA Noire was built more or less for an ATI Radeon X1800 XL with DirectX 9. A GPU from 2005. Based on the Xbox 360 hardware of course. Time marches on and the Tegra X1 used in the Switch is more than capable of beating that

Can someone explain what I'm supposed to be upset about? I've never played LA Noire.

I thought the reason was to trigger reddit and cuckchan casuals ("wtf I didn't write that!!!"), but to be fair we could do that ourselves by bullying them.

The moment you realize Nintendo switch version of LA noire will probably still outsell the Xbox one version

First of all, LA Noire is a very weird choice of game to port, and now that it's here we see they already fucked it up. The ingame mechanic is collecting evidence and doing interrogation sequences, where in the original you would respond to their claims with DOUBT, LIE, or TRUTH depending on what you think, that was a core game mechanic. Now in the Switch version it's GOOD COP, BAD COP, ACCUSE which makes no fucking sense, and will make even less sense to a first time player. This implies that to not believe the bullshit the suspect is telling you, you have to be the big old meanie BAD COP every time. This is such an absurdly stupid change.

it actually makes more sense then Truth/lie/doubt tbh.

because fuck you that's why

You're the casual.

FUCK YOU!

Doubting a suspect is evil, goy. Don't be a bad cop, listen and believe.

Not even remotely fucking close, but whatever, you stupid fucking kike.
Yeah, like I said; stupid fucking kike.

Christian Conservative values are Jew worshiping cuckoldry, which leads to Jewish degenerates controlling everything. You're defending your own chains.

I see. That is a very strange change. You would think, this being a 6 year old game, that they would do the bare minimum to port it, not make drastic gameplay and dialog changes. Maybe (again, never played it) they decided the game was unacceptable for Current Year + 2.

Okay.

you can bet your ass scenes like this are going to be removed from the switch version.

See

It's weird that they didn't just change it back to that for this version.

THere's a dead body of a woman with a visible vagina with pubes as well, I can't see that one faring up too well with Nintendo. Or the pedo scene.

Holy shit.
According to Wikipedia, they're rereleasing it for Switch, PS4, and Xbone all on the same day, so it's not just some weird desire to dumb it down/pozz it up for Nintendo

This, but also Cole was just a genuine piece of shit (at the time) as well. He didnt care for his men, he just wanted medals and respect. As soon as someone questioned his logic, he jumps to full defense and that gets him in trouble.

This as well, THOUGH Hollywood was alot better than the film industry on the east coast. Hollywood's entire existence was to get away from Edison's greedy jew ways, who wanted 50% of all box offices because he "invented" film.

Does it mean he shoots himself on the spot?

So, that's what the Switch's third-party library is going to be, huh? Shitty ports from a generation ago, and ports of shitty $5 indie games on Steam.

>mrw i inadvertently found out that my parents bought me a switch for christmas

It's a bad feel.

wOW, THIS IS REALLY GOOD.

Never finished LA Noire. I'm too autistic to not reload every time I made a mistake, and that got tiring.

Why don't more games use this face technology?

because Bondi went down. thats literally it. they think it failed, despite being a very effective and efficient way to "model" faces realistically…

Siren on PS2 technically did it first tho

(((Pure coincidence))) I presume

I AM NEO chinese bootleg of course

Oh look, a guy who saw "like a point and click adventure" on wikipedia and took it literally

cuckchan tier op.

cuckchan tier post

Wait wasn't already on ps and bone? Or was the other gen?

Last gen only. Also