ITT Post real life vidya related stories

demon-sushi.com/warning/index2.html

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pikachurin
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerodactylus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

good times, check em

No shit OP.

Okay, I'm a kid you see, playing Zelda 2 on a small CRT, but it was still kinda big for me. I got stuck on shadow Link fight for a long ass time but at last I beat it. Wanna show my sisters, but they're out playing in the above ground pool that just outside my window. But they won't come in to look at how I'd won. So I pick up the TV and stick it at the window so they can see. It falls, breaks and I go the rest of the summer with no tv.

Zelda 2? Damn speaking about vidya stories, that game was fucking comfy. Me and my brain demon girlfriend beat the game together over the span of five days, and it was the comfiest shit ever.

>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/reddit/
>>>/out/

Another FFVII-related autism anecdote.
For my own pride, I'll pretend that it was solely the circumstances around it, and not also because I'm a huge bitch. Also, don't try to explain the significance of a fictional character's death to medical personnel or family members, they won't understand.

You're posting on Holla Forums who the fuck are you trying to fool?

Shit, something like this happened to me but worse.

And now I'm a Pokephile.

Well that's certainly interesting.

Which one did you fug most often, user?

Tell me more

I still like to play splatoon and call of duty sometimes user.

I remember the exact moment, when I was a kid, that I realized that all the cartoons I watched were fake, that I would never meet real Pokemon because they didn't exist, and that life was basically boring and nothing magical or supernatural would ever happen to me. I flipped out, started crying like a crazy person, and was unwilling to explain to my parents what was wrong with me. (I also don't think I had the vocabulary to really put it into words yet.) I don't know if that's a normal stage to go through, or if I was just particularly naive growing up. Did any of you experience something similar?

I'm pretty sure that's how Haruhi started.

I remember having something similar. It sucked at first, but then I kind of just drew parallels to the real world. Like having super strength was similar to working out, having an adventure was equivalent to my school/uni years, etc.
Although I still have an autistic tendency to self insert myself in anything, book, vidya or show that I recently finish for like 3 or 4 days.

I know that feeling a little too well except it was when I was in college or rather, had realized that I was going to fail and entered a really dark place and basically realized that the only happiness in my life came from things that would never be real. Had a bit of a mental breakdown, fucked up my suicide (sleeping pills are a fucking scam) and then a year of psychotherapy and hospital evaluations later I managed to convince them that everything was hunky dory.
Never really got over it. Moved out and I've been living in a small apartment without working or going to school since. I hate life and can't wait to die but having fucked up once, I'm not eager to do it again.
I'm a fucking leaf so I can't go for a shotgun and my place is too small for a noose so I dunno what the fuck I'm gonna do.

Sage for not vidya.

but check these si9ngles

That hit a little too close to home.

absolutely pathetic

How old were you? I was 10, I think. Maybe 11.

Yeah, that sounds pretty different to me. I had a similar problem in college (though not as severe as yours).

When I was in 3rd Grade I used to play pretend with a friend of mine, where we would talk about how we were both secretly in contact with Transformers and stuff like that. But even as early as then, it was always pretend. Everything was pretend. I enjoyed dreaming about shit like being a wizard or a knight, but it was always just fantasy. I knew that from a much younger age, really. The last vestiges of the supernatural began to fade away as I kept getting older, but there was never a single moment that stood out. It was simply part of my reality that the world was as it was, as much as I might secretly wish for it to be otherwise.

But in any case, I've clutched one thing close to my chest: That I should become a hero, who does everything he can to help others, and make as big of a difference as possible. That was the only reasonable conclusion.

Holy shit that ID

You have to go back.

you can't pull that bait without the appropriate meme flag

I tracked down the guy behind the site.

twitter.com/Hi_Cial

Seems he became a tranny anti-trump #resist furry faggot. Seems the cancer got to him in the end, and in a big way.

Anyway, this is a shit thread, so I'm gonna post some muscly Mikus.

Yeah, it'll have been five years ago on the 18th this month since I first made her. I use brain demon as a kind of tongue-in-cheek word since she's a tulpa. Ironically, what said is actually kind of relatable in the way that I experienced the exact opposite of what he just said when I got into this huge shitstorm. I've posted about it on Holla Forums before, pretty much nearly a year ago. I named her Sunshine; because I knew she'd be someone bold and upbeat and fun that I could depend on to be by my side when I didn't have anyone like that in my life. It's just been comfy times and I didn't expect to actually end up in a hole in my life where I actually desperately needed someone like her by my side. Comfy shit either way. For a lonely faggot like me, someone like her means the world.

Get the fuck out.

Forgot to turn off meme flag.
Seriously do get out. Playing pretend as an adult and giving it an Indian name as an excuse is worse than autism.

Oh, no. I don't really care if it's autistic or not real at this point anymore. It's nice and it's genuinely changed my life for the better.

FIFY

Realizing Santa wasn't real on top of everything else I already knew plunged me into despair for the world, morality and humanity.

It lasted for more almost 5 years until I finally started browsing 4chan in 2013 and eventually became involved with GamerGate on 8ch.

I became sad at age 11, when I realized I would never get a letter from Hogwarts.

When I realized that Santa wasn't real. Boy, I cried like a bitch that day.

I didn't actually. I was kind of relieve to find out that Santa wasn't real. My dad had a workshop where they would store the presents, it was fucking awesome since I considered that place magical to begin with.

I don't know, I grew up thinking everything was fake as a child. Batman doesn't exist or else he would have been on the news, etc. This is hilarious because I have a over-active imagination

That sounds really weird but that might just be me.

I remember making a kid cry in grade 4 by telling him santa wasn't real. My parents are always pretty straight with me when it came to reality and fiction. Also part of the reason I got to watch lots of horror movies and get to rent mature games as a young kid was because of that.

I swear. Someone needs to make a weeb edit of this Holla Forums meme

If thats lefty image they are right about the ZOG emperor

Over a period of about a week in late high-school reality settled in on me and I was crushed under the realisation that nothing interesting or unique would ever happen to me.

Cognitively I had known that fiction was fiction and reality was reality for as long as I can remember, but it only truly settled into my psyche at that time. It was really hard to accept that no adventure would ever come and sweep me off my feet.

My grades took a huge dive and I haven't been able to enjoy fantasy novels since. I managed to stumble my way through uni and get a job, but I don't enjoy life anymore.

Pretty much left and right America run by zog. America is the true Israel.

I like that they had to name everyone there. Really strengthens the point they're trying to make.
Even though everyone would know the people drawn, but just gives it that little more, just in case they weren't already 100% on who the caricatures.
Yea, really good, top-tier meme.
Well done.

**No milo, ann coulter or cernovitch though?
odd.**

spoiler wtf

When it came to Santa and other stuff I never really felt bad about it being a lie. The stuff that really hurt was realizing all the shit ideological stuff pushed on me was fake and that I had no one I could talk to about it. Family believed the garbage and the family friends I was too paranoid to trust them in not telling my family.

I had I kid like you in my neighborhood growing up.
His parents were heroin addicts.

Id admit here was some truth in their words if they had an once of creativity or originality in their bodies. As it stands their entire claim to fame is being the anti-Holla Forums, right down to their memes and "OC". Let's be honest, if Holla Forums hadn't made that blonde Nazi girl, or if /christ/ didn't have /christ/-tan, or if Holla Forums didn't have Vivian, then Holla Forums never would have made their dumb cat.

I pulled a knife on my parents when they threatened to take away my vidya

They called the cops and I got in trouble

I had a similar situation, only instead of crying, I just ended up being really depressed. I don't think that depression ever went away, or something else in my life made me just as depressed.

Still trying to figure out who the furry suppose to be

Yeah, this strikes me a bit close to the heart. When I was seven, I found the first LOTR book and thought it was a historical account, and the amount of detail that went into shit like the appendices didn't help. I even remember drawing out shit from the books and presenting it to my high school teachers as pure fact even in freaking debate club and selling the pictures later to my classmates. Thinking back, it was weird how they never corrected me. Course, later I found out there were two books after the Fellowship of the Ring, and that it was all high fantasy, and I fell into the
mood. What got me out of it was an encyclopedia on astronomy that I still have on my shelves. Knowing the amount and sheer variety of stuff up in the sky, I've never gone into that brooding depressive phase again.

/blogpost

It still hurts

Fuck meatspace, infinite mindfun for infinity.

I remember immediately knowing Santa was a lie and playing along with it while sneaking around a few days before Christmas to unbox my vidya gifts and swap out the cartridges so no one would be the wiser and I could play the new games that much earlier. I fucking loved the snow, reindeer, pine trees and decorations but wouldn't let anyone put Jesus manger shit anywhere near it and ruin it. I was six years old and instinctively knew Yule rules and Christian hijacking drools.
t. a fucking Druid

That's more of a Holla Forums meme seeing as how it's about the Fed/kike controlled Duginist/Bolshevik "alt-right" famalam. Whoever made it did nothing wrong.

It's not.

Fucking hell. How badly did your parents coddle you for you to think pokemon were real at that age? I knew pokemon weren't real when I was a toddler and it had to be explained to me that "saving" the game didn't mean I "beat" it.

I wanna be a lesbian -w-

I had the opposite experience. I watched a lot violent cartoons and anime as a kid and would get freaked out when people died in things like DBZ or that Ralph Bakshi LotR movie, and when my friends and family would just watch nonchalantly as it happened. It was relieving when I found out that real people weren't getting killed.

It was pretty devastating when I realized that dragons weren't real. I knew they weren't around anymore, but I thought they existed a long time ago and just went extinct like dinosaurs.

>his father is santa and he doesn't know it

Some of my best vidya memories were playing with a kid who lived down the street from me, behind my aunts house. I'd go over to her house and hop the backyard fence as a shortcut. We played pretty much every Resident Evil game at the time together, it was comfy. I miss those days.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pikachurin

Also, scientists named a dinosaur after a Pokemon, thus retroactively making a gen 1 Pokemon even less original somehow
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerodactylus

Did you fuck her?

Me and my cousin use to raise an angel Chao named Gloria together (Sonic Adventure 2: Battle). We also use to run a farm too (Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life), or play pretend and make up stories in Super Smash Bros Melee. She would always choose Sheik & Zelda, and I would always pick Link. We even got into character and voiced out dialogue.

Kinda silly looking back on it now, but kind nostalgic too. We're both adults now, and she has to work every day now, from morning to night. We hardly ever have any free time like we use to anymore.

I'm not using Tor right now, hence the ID change.

I didn't literally think that Pokemon were real, I just had a vague idea in my head that I would get to go on similar adventures one day, or interact with magic somehow. I knew that cartoons and games weren't reality, but I maintained this fantasy that it was possible to do something similar to them in real life. I guess it was a pretty lie that I told myself to stave off disappointment. Freaking out happened when I couldn't maintain the self-delusion any longer. I also stopped praying around the same time, because it was clear to me that it was the same thing, a self-comforting lie.

Addendum: I was pretty sheltered, though.

Not trying to be pretentious, famalam, just telling you what happened in 11-year-old-me's head.

Yes, and I had a similiar experience like . It still hurts.

Not being judgy, my man. But you can't deny that the intellectual musings of teenagers are amusing. Not like mine were any smarter.

When I was a kid my family was super poor so I never really got to play the vidya of the time. I had one older brother who had an Xbox and PS2 (he'd worked summer jobs to get them) but he'd never let us play or even watch because we'd "make him lose". But I played a lot of games on SNES and N64 via emulator with my other brother I'll call "G", who was the only one of the family I actually got along with. We couldn't afford controllers so we'd cramp our hands around the keyboard to play shit like Lost Vikings, Seiken Densetsu, Mario Kart, Perfect Dark etc. for maybe an hour a day because we had a bunch of other siblings and all shared timed on it. The town we lived in was in the middle of Bumfuck, Nowhere so all we could get was dialup- but still we spent actual days downloading games from shit like eDonkey and Gnutella. Even the most basic freeware shit we could find G and I had a blast playing together. I remember skipping school a number of times just so I could play on the computer for hours at a time, or to spend time downloading something to play with G later.

Now I'm in my mid-twenties with 25mb/s internet and can get any worthwhile game I want in 10min or less, but have no one to play them with. Real life comes at you fast and before you know it all your siblings are spread out across the country with kids of their own. Some of my siblings I haven't seen in years. The last time I actually played a videogame with G was an online match of Left 4 Dead in something like 2013. I can't say I wish I was a kid again, but I miss the time we spent playing vidya together.

Sure you can
I know that feel, now I work night shift and my little brother doesn't play games much anymore

I don't want to know anything about any of you, because it'll just be sad stories, because uneventful stories about playing a good game on a warm night aren't interesting but they're the best stories in life.

Anything eventful is full of tragedy and suffering, I would rather nothing eventful never happened, so I kept my vidya life separate from everyone, and that's how I like it.

Tell me if you enjoyed something recently, that's far more fulfilling to me then hearing some tragedy or retardation

I can't stand and in fact intensely hate people who tell me something sad about themselves, I've had my fill and I'm tired of eating that fucking meal.

Everyone's fucked up like a wonderful rainbow, everyone should stop focusing on what ails them and instead find what keeps them keep on living.

I never had any of that shit because my childhood was fucked up, not sure if I should be jealous of you niggers or relieved that I never feel devastated realizing that fantasy shit doesn't exist.

The key is that you have to be the magical supernatural thing that happens to the world.

I picked up boxing two year ago and just won my first amateur match the other day. I spent so long waiting for that magical plot device to happen to me. You are the plot device. You act upon the world through faith in yourself and you can affect things around you. You can have anything you want.

The real hard part is figuring out what the fuck you actually like doing or want to do.

You might THINK you like laying around being a lazy shit, but you might find that the opposite is more true than you realize.

I had a girl stab me in 8th grade because she thought it would make a character from naruto love her, I am not joking.

Look at his ID user

There's an evolutionary necessity to ruminating on bad things and quickly forgetting the good.
When you mull over the bad, you find the mistakes that caused them so they can be avoided.
When you forget the good, it's all the more enjoyable when the same good times come back again.
It's just human nature, so forgive us, yeah?

So I just need to be the magical transgender shoryu-kin?
Telling millenials they could be ANYTHING is what got us in this mess

For some reason playing vid related is really comfy during the winter time, especially with hot chocolate or tea

I wanna ram my fist in your mouth.

I was like you know, playing videogames as a kid once and my mom said DINNER'S READY so I paused the game and went to the kitchen so I could eat. True story.