Machiavellian vidya

What are some games with interesting power dynamics, like being a politician, a noble or a guy in the shadows Soros style. Games where I can satisfy that machiavellian itch. I’m more interested in climbing up the ladder and the shady stuff behind doors than be an all powerful dictator from the beginning Tropico style. Recently I had a blast playing as a cunning (((merchant))) who decided the fate of an empire in Age of Decadence

Doesn't get much more Machiavellian than multiplayer in pic related, thanks to the complete lack of mechanics for diplomacy everything is just a promise. Needless to say a lot of scheming happens when you throw 24 players into a game like that.

No point in 4 right now though when 5 is about to drop.

Crusader kings used to be pretty good for that before paradox fucked it up.

Well at least you can ditch the newer stuff with the start options. I'd still recommend modding it to remove India even so.

Hack Mark's Twitter and you'll be able to experience that kind of vidya in real life

Considering you can send your political enemies to jail, enact laws, absolve your family of crimes and have political immunity(nobody can charge you for crimes) depending on what political position you have, I'd say it's a good Machiavellian vidya. You can also attack your rivals, burn down their buildings(houses and factories) or attack their supply routes. You can also spy on them and charge them for crimes, or you can be a simple merchant that bakes cakes everyday, has a waifu and two kids and goes to church every evening, hoping to not catch the plague. It's your choice.

I'm looking forward to the new random map gens more than anything else. The new nations should be neat too.

I was really looking forward to TG3 but it looks like they've shit the bed with it. Should have known better than to get my hopes up when they farmed its development out to folks who haven't released anything for 14 years.

The only thing I know about it is that you can only control one character instead of 3 as in 2, which could work, and the fact that you need to level up in order to advance in rank, instead of buying it from City council, which I think is a big mistake. What else are they planning on doing with the sequel?

HIP, which everyone should be using instead of base anyway, pretty much removes all of India except the wastern Afghani area.

Diplomacy. There's a vidya version of the tabletop, too. If you thought Mario Party ruined friendships, you've never seen anyone play this shit.

WarioWare: Shove It Up Your Own Ass game

CK2+ also removes it by default unless you specifically include the India plugin.

Oh boy, The Guild 2.

And I spent all my free time turning silver into gold in my basement.

He somewhat got his revenge because turns out, when someone from a noble house doesn't have a business or an house in that game, there's little they can do. One of the few things they can do is put up lampoon insulting me. Those hurt your reputation and might cost you friends/positions on the Town council.
And he did that. He did it non-stop till the day he died of typhoid. I never killed him. Had him beaten up a few times because of the lampoons when I was angry. But then I realized something.
The bitterness of a broken man could not affect me if I simply worn a nice perfume. Because I'm rich and can afford it. He can't.
He's poor. He's so poor, he couldn't afford to die with dignity. He couldn't afford mercy.
He got a peasant death. And that made me happy.

Anyway, The Guild 3 actually has a lot of things I think might be good, but the game is so unfinished that it's not advisable to pick it up now. They put it up on EA because people kept badgering them about it for 2 years.
They did warn people that is was very much unfinished and really asked for input on it and requested help from fans to shape it and develop it.
Which I would do using my pirated copy. I urge every user to do the same.

The Kochs and Robert Mercer are probably better analogies. Soros is very open about what he does.

top fucking jej

I can't be so evil even in video games.

But congrats on doing so.

Morrowind should scratch that itch, the houses are perfect for that.

Top tier jew playthrough

bullshit, but i believe it.