Nioh thread

PC Edition skin deep thoughts

Been playing it for like 3 hours
Port is barebones but is decently optimized and plays wonderfully

I'm enjoying the gameplay but the KI system is still making me iffy since the lock on hack and slash closely reminds me of Souls so I forget about it.
I like that the particles indicate when you have to prompt the right bumper but many times theres just too much shit going on for you to notice their pattern so too many times you have to look at the KI bar which can zone you out of combat for precious seconds.
I understand the concept but the execution is leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion, maybe a more blatant visual cue like William having a blue aura for a couple seconds would fix this.
Otherwise the combat is really enjoyable and the system really stops you from just spamming attacks.

Not too fond of the bloat usually found on other Koei games, seriously the forge system is a really mixed bag and you gather so much shit sometimes that disposing of them one by one is a chore.
I can't put my finger on the loot, its not bad but its not good either, it gives me meaningful shit but only after giving me 100 items that are worst than what I already have.
Map system surprised me but it makes sense since this is mission based, It simply wasn't expecting it to have side missions.
Unlocking skills/combos is fine.
Consumable shortcut system is great for a gamepad and the consumable themselves have great variety.
Killing shit feels great from the executions to the dismemberement.

Still don't understand how does the Yokai Ki system works besides the obvious AoE circle that can be cancelled with KI gain and Salt.
It goes extremely slowly once they get hit or attack, but sometimes a single attack from me will completely deplete their Ki and incapacitate/make them stunnable.
Maybe its one of the 1000 passive abilities I have?
Didn't look like it though

Game looks passable visually though some vistas look really good like the burning village giving you an awesome glimpse of what you're about to get into but it really feels like an outdated engine, the one they use for most of their Musou and licensed games, static objects everywhere, enemies and William himself walk like they have no weight to them, some really iffy physics.

Overall its pretty fun, but some shit really bothers me, it might get better once I get the hang of it better, the influence from Dark Souls is extremely obvious, from the intro to the consumable variation tjough.
Odachi best weapon class

Other urls found in this thread:

download.microsoft.com/download/1/4/9/14936FE9-4D16-4019-A093-5E00182609EB/Windows6.1-KB2670838-x64.msu
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Nioh:_Complete_Edition#Ultra-widescreen
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yokai have weak spots that completely deplete their ki if you hit them in it. Like the horns on the ogres.

Also the ki pulse system works better once you get more used to it, but it's awkward at first

yeah, the ki pulse is actually what made the combat so satisfying for me

Ah, I see
So the hornless ones don't have that weak point and thats why hitting them in the head didn't deplete their Ki right?
Yeah, the issue is when I trade weapons from the one I use the most since I'm more used to doing Ki pulse via the rhythm of the combos than actually looking at the cues/Ki bar.

It pretty much stops you from spamming attacks and forces you to approach combat more carefully.

Is this the new dragon's dogma? Another overrated game that is exactly like the other overrated game, but Holla Forums likes it because weebshit?

>>>/cuckchan/

How's the optimization for the port btw?

I would have actual impressions of the game IF I COULD PLAY IT.
After beating the Tower of London section, I quit out of the game and now the damn thing gets stuck on a black screen after the Koei Tecmo logo.

word in the street is that you need to lower the shadows to get good FPS and no mouse control

The last thread has some people reporting that the game crash or dropping frames even with a 1080, have they released a patch yet?

I'm postponing play this game until there's proper mouse support. I'm old and I can't play games with controller anymore. I dunno, fagets still saying the game is meant to be played with pad but whenever I play games with pad I feel like restricted.

There's already a Nioh thread.
Delete your thread.
Check the catalog before making a thread.

I'm not enjoying my squished samurai souls.

You should be able to sell them in bulk for either amrita at a shrine, gold at the blacksmith, or glory at the tea room.

and that thread is over 300 posts

i dont know, you should pirate it, to see how it works.

So what? Holla Forums is so slow that duplicates shouldn't be allowed, even if the older one is over the bump limit.
Either that or we need to go back to 10 pages.

Sounds like you're new.

and >(You) need to start talking about Nioh

Nioh.

For me and some other people, low shadow settings actually gives you less fps than medium shadow settings. Shit is fucking weird.

agreed
where do i find a mask that raises equip load

Put points into your strength stat.

When you git gud at ki it's like you are a god. Embrace the mechanic.

It's a rare drop from Byakko

It's not equip load that I care about.

Oh, well huh, I don't think I've heard of such a mask. Then again I specialize in axes.

Is there any viable ranged class in this game? I didn't play the game yet but I planned to rolling some kind of rifleman for this game but after heard there is no mouse support I dropped out. Ranged class in Dark Souls was almost impossible but I like to know.

It takes a while to get the timing for the ki system. It helps when you actually have some weapon skills that take advantage of pulsing.

Youkai ki is less stamina and more mana. When they have any amount of ki they effectively have infinite ki. But they have to spend ki to do certain special attacks and their ki doesnt regenerate unless they summon a underworld portal, or walk into one that's already summoned.

Certain yoikai have weak spots that can completely break their ki. The most obvious are the oni. Strong attacks break their horns and put them down for the count for several seconds. The amrita eye on the back of wheelmonks are another example. You just have to observe different enemies to see what put's them down the easiest.
Ninjutsu is great at depleting ki.

Yes they are. Consider pairing them with axes.

yeah, there's an easy ranged set in the game. You can either huck shurikens constantly or shoot people with a rifle/hand cannon, bows are useless.
Rifles/hand cannons easiest way to do it is with a specific set you get like halfway through the game, and thrown weapons it's just a question of build and some gear

Those samurais in armor you meet around the foresty area mean business.

It's not on page 13 yet, dipshit.
This is a duplicate thread that should be locked until the other one meets the criteria for making a new one.

Shut up nerd. This isn't /vg/. Go on cuckchan.

Thanks for bumping, user. Now calm your autism.

This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

What did you say about my waifu?
Odachi is fun, skewering fools and slamming them feels nice, also I can see myself sinking time learning all the different weapons, pretty fun so far.

Can you rebind keys yet?

Your waifu is a slut

Odachi more like "i am cheating".

He said Odachi not kusarigama.

please make webms for Holla Forums or either fuck off back to cuckchan

odachi more like "low tier weapon past WOTS"

Every. Single. Fucking time.
Is 2kat the Drake Sword of Nioh or what?

naw, 2kat is probably the worst weapon in the game outside of a meme. Horrible damage, stamina preservation, literally anything it can do any other weapon does better

Second question then. Do revenants get more ki than their actual PC? I feel like I can barely ever break their guard but if I block more than three hits in a row all my ki is gone and they've still got enough to immediately finish me.

kill yourself faggot

kill yourselves 4cucks. make that shit 720p and give it a better bitrate or fuck off back to your site.

what is this bullshittery?

This has to be bait, there is no way this is bait.

Oh shit, I guess they compressed it really well because my download is only 30.

Odachi continues to be great even at later stages or higher difficultly levels but at some point you are going to have to invest in a set of heavy armor, ideally Tatenashi or Centipede Man armor, and quick change scrolls and/or best birb to keep going.

suffering

Ive been using the spinny rope weapon
onto the second boss and just deding from being paralised

im pretty shit at this game, any tips? what should be putting my points into

I'm enjoying good performance, and everything about the gameplay is great fun. I'm circumspect at best concerning the diablo loot, and the story had best give me the option of telling Tokugawa to fuck off, but I can certainly understand the sonybros praising this game back in spring.
Though I have to ask, Koei waiting to release all the DLC only to immediately announce a cheaper complete edition on PC has to be a shitty move to you guys, right?

Learn the anti paralysis augment and Shikin-gan pill in ninjutsu and some slow scrolls and kekkai talisman from onmyo.
You could also learn kunai and throw them at her when she's in the air.
And stay the fuck away from her while she's about to do the face grab.

Which starter pokekami did you pick?

Spear is fun i am really liking the game so far outside of how clunky it feels to change stance in the middle of fight, i would gladly rebind stances to d-pad and use active items the way you currently change stances. I hate the fact that i cant no longer play this kind of games for longer periods of time without getting my eyes drying and feeling like shit though, i just hope that the gear progression and stat bloating dont trivialize the difficulty as it's been a long ass time since i actually enjoyed a game.

shark

Are you using guardian spirit/moment talismans?

good, less faggots playing good vidya

nope
Ive been mostly ignoring the items apart from the throwing stars and bombs I get for free because I put points into them

user, that is not a game you downloaded.

I was a good goy, it is.

tonfas are fun

Kneeouh or Nyeoh

Knee oh

仁王。

におう

You should use them. It's basically the best spell in the game and the most versatile one too. It changes with whatever GS you have equipped in the primary slot. Some of the attacks can really save you bacon in a pinch or be used to soften up big guys for a pummeling.
Shark bro inflicts saturated Pill which lowers defense so that might help you with.
Also always try out new spirits once you get them to see how you like them or what they can do. And don't be afraid to equip a particular spirit to deal with specific situations.

The Fitgirl repack is only 21.7 GB when you exclude manuals.
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:1E06E8948AADF935AB78268B4D2CCC9228E4E669

Neo?

I wanted to play multiplayer and hopefully this gets more jap games on PC.

I might just start over and choose a new weapon set

burn in hell the bastard that came with:

What the fuck does that even man ?

Ni-Oh

>multiplayer
>hopefully this gets more jap games on PC
I'll leave that up to the buyfags who have faith in such dubious things.

Japs cannot do good ports so I do not believe they should be rewarded regardless, because although you "may" get your jap games on PC (after demonstrating the market is there) those games will continue to be lazy ports. Comes off as desperate "Please! Please! I'll buy anything! You don't even have to try! Just bring me jap ports, please!" have some fucking dignity for christ sake.

knee-oh

I've heard this music a few times by now but I don't know the name of it. Source?

fitgirlrepacksong.exe

Thought you were kidding when I read it, thanks user.
Also just noticed I didn't sage. woops

Bows have the largest ammo capacity, the fastest reload speed, and allow you to be the most mobile while aiming. Hamaya arrows are very effective versus yokai and basically fall from the sky during missions.

Just get a book of reincarnation.

i was since it isn't the actual name of the song
but you at least have two brain-cells left intact to rub together and figure it out on your own

Are the twin swords worth it? I picked them at the start, along with kusarigama and they seem like kusarigama does everything it does but better and more. And then I found a lower level single sword that does more damage despite my having more points in the twin sword focused stat.

Also which weapon skills are good?

Why the fuck this game even has initial selection of weapons instead of allowing people change them on the fly like in dark souls?

Doesn't it require a super computer?

You fools, don't you get it?
Controller only it's the way it was meant to be played. Pic related.

Just switch to a new weapon. If you spent points in the Kusarigama tree, then hold out until you get a Book of Reincarnation, then use that.

Books of Reincarnation reset all your points/stats and allow you to spend them again to build up however you want.

Because it's not Dark Souls.

Dual Swords are for speed and DPS. They have some cool moves, and counter, but I never delved into them much. Single swords are more fun with their parries and iai/night rain skills.

Kusarigama are easy mode. They hit fast even in high stance, and in low stance can hit horns on most Yokai's head with light attacks.

He said he bought it because he wanted to play it, not to appease the developer. I'm all for pirating games as a way to test them out, especially the way the market has been shit nowadays. But the mentality of:
sounds underage and needs to die.

That's the thing, I don't think they do all that much. Maybe I'm just using weaksauce swords but they seem to take a lot more effort. I just picked the parry for the twin swords but it seems to only work for overhead attacks.
And yeah single sword does seem much more fun (getting Ninja Gaiden 2 flashbacks).

You'll be getting more than a flashback later on.

I browsed the threads before it came to pc so I know what you mean.

My autism is now preventing me from proceeding. Does the respec book also remove your weapon skills?

You lose the skills, it refunds all weapon skills and amrita from levels.

Oh good, now I can fuck up my build without worrying. Thanks, user.

Tell me SL1 runs are a thing in this game.

All these people comparing this to Dork Souls need to jump into a river, preferably headfirst into the rocky area.
This is an ONIMUSHA successor not a fucking DS clone just because it apes a handful of mechanics

You know you can run it windowed, right?

Bonefire shrines
Respawning enemies when prayed at bonefire shrines
Losing "souls" equivalent, but can pick up if don't die second time at death site

You know, even if you ignore difficulty and all that, those are VERY souls-like features.

Ok

I'm on 21:9 and I'm playing in borderless so it doesn't stretch the screen.
I'm sure WSGF will get a fix at some point.

Dear god, I can only imagine how sore my hands would be. Oh, and obligatory

It's like it's a spiritual baby of both.

Actually Nioh is neither Onimusha nor Dark Souls.

Its diablo. Here are some lategame webms. You can become unstoppable god in this game if you want.

I enjoy Dork Soles gameplay/mechanics, but I really dislike spoopy/jumpscares/depressing/grimdark/lovecraftian atmospheres in games.
Is Nioh an acceptable alternative for me? I like the eastern aesthetic but if it features the above listed as much as the Souls series does I'll have to skip.

Ahahahaha no, you sound like a pussy.

It doesn't have jumpscares, but you sound like a woman.

Does shit ever stop 2 shotting you though?

I just don't like settings like that. Thanks though.

Play bloodborne

Yes, it doesn't have any of those things. But if you do get round to playing it, don't think of it as a Souls game. Nioh and the Souls series aren't much alike at all beyond a handful of surface-level stuff like lock on and shrines.

I hope he will shit his pussy pants.

Now you know how to detect 12y/olds in any thread.

That didn't spook me. I saw the eyes and thought "what the fuck" smacked it once and realized it was mimic and murdered it really fast.

Now you know that when insulted, samefag with tor. Nice going, pussy.

By seeying torpedo diggits in ID?

New, bait or just retarded?

Pump enough points into body and you can start to tank hits, but the other important aspect is your equipment and set bonuses.

also the worst damage out of all options, so low that shurikens do more. Seriously you could yell loudly at a yokai and do more than fucking arrows do. They're the option of "I'm a dumbass and don't want to use a rifle or cannon for muh aesthetics", and while you supposedly move slower using a rifle, outside of players you won't encounter that issue, and against players you should be using the handcannon to juggle them to death if they're not using an armor build

DS are just for speed, their DPS is awful against almost all enemies.

Are there build lists on any of these?

The Tornado move with Dual Swords is the best technique in the game in the sense that is one of the safest techniques to spam and it causes good damage (esp Ki damage) and always break Oni horns. It can also be cheesed to cause a bloatload of damage with the right builds (Kato, +Skill Damage armor set, +Skill Damage perk, +High Attack Damage etc) and one shot bosses with the correct talismans and stuff. Though Kusarigama has a more damaging technique, it isn't nowhere near as safe as the Dual Swords one so that is just a speedrun thing.

If you want to play the game properly though, Dual Swords isn't that hot. I found that Katana and Spears are the most fun weapons to play "properly" though both are tricky and a little difficult to play against Yokai since the counters from the first and the stuns and knockdowns from the second don't work on them.

they're just the standard critical hp living weapon meme build user. It's mostly equipment based

So you gotta get real autistic with reforging, soul matching and such? Joy.

there's a reason he has 1 hp and purifies a yokai realm.
You can do a poor man's with a set bonus, but it won't be anywhere near as powerful. He also probably has a drop only enhancement on his weapon so you can't even reforge into it

Nigga, some of the bows have great bonuses. Rashido keeps you from being as slow as a turtle if you get hit debuffed by lightning. Plus they are a reliable source of good first hits, I'm never going to run out of arrows to hit yokai in the head during a mission.
I haven't played PvP, but why would anyone play it without the Yata mirror?

Because yata mirror is sub-optimal compared to a pure armor build. It also requires that you parry correctly and the netcode… isn't really built for that.
You know what else you'll basically never run out of and does more damage while dealing comprable ki damage? A fucking rifle or Shurikens. Also that's a horrible mod for any weapon, that's directly hurting your dps for something that can be replaced by a lightningstop talisman

I think i claimed this helmet pretty early. Although its so fucking ugly, i think i am glad i did. So i can throw it away later.

Alright, cool. How lax can you be in terms of weapon skills? I kind of want to check out what I like with dual swords but single sword has a lot of cool stuff in it. And I also picked kusarigama so it seems I might spread the points too thin.

I don't know, I kind of like the steam™ it produces. Though I don't wear it cause the steam is part of the helmet and it looks really weird in motion.

It doesn't increase resistance, it decreases the effectiveness of the lighting effect, so I run slightly faster if I get afflicted from it, I have an unlimited lightning resistance talisman that I got from the abyss, but I always forgot to use it.
My build isn't all that optimal to begin with, but it is enough for me to get through way of the nioh without that much trouble. For me the bow does its job of dropping yokai and humans in missions and lets me go in with my tonfa's for a final blow that does decent damage. I'd most likely get my ass handed to me in PvP where people have more well thought out builds since I'm using the iga set with the sarutobi set and the nine-tailed fox.

you know resistance influences how much it takes to put you into blight right? Unless you're like a pure vit build. In addition to lowering the damage from the shot itself. Especially once you get 4 shortcut slots you have no reason not to just have resist talismans on

Book of Reincarnation is a rather common and easy to obtain item from the mid-game onward that refunds all your attribute and skill points. So don't fret too much over spending skill points on useless skills, just try them and see if they fit with your playstyle. You can always respec later.

What special intrinsic bonus does it have?

is this game finished yet?

team ninja is starting to act like (((western game developers))) except they still make good games.

The parries on the kat may not work but the kick drains their ki like nothing else. Just put it on low stance and spam 'til they're out.

Nah, I mainly have most of my points in dex, skill, and magic. I had to start putting some in body though. By blight do you mean confusion? Or that aliment that keeps you from using items?
I should reorganize mine and remove some items I just don't use to get the talismans there. So far I've found the infinite earth and lightning ones so that should be useful.

Dark souls is japanese.

I think he's referring to the elemental statuses but doesn't know the names so is just using the MH words. They're Scorched, Saturated, Blustered, Electrified and Muddied.

He probably means that Dark Souls looks like the western middle ages, as to say happened in America

Do you even SAMURAI?

Yes, except on higher difficulties. Generally the better your gear the more you can tank hits.

Though speed/dodging is generally preferred to actually tanking shit.

Also with proper skills you can cheese the shit out of most later bosses.

Eventually america will produce vidya where you are a jewish hero killing christians, with Jesus as final boss.

Might give it a try then. Though I hear you can only play as a weeaboo in this game, how tolerable is the main guy?

I am using GPU Passthrough and this game runs like shit. I have tried everything other than installing Windows natively. Anyone else having this issue?

He has lines here and there but he's so bland he might as well be a silent character.

You can actually change his appearance to that of other characters later on, but it's only during gameplay, not cutscenes.

He doesn't proclaim the glory of Nippon every five seconds or talk a lot. He occasionally speaks but for the most part he is silent and when he does talk he is very direct and to the point.

The game automatically checks if you have this controller. If not, the fps are halved and your dad will die seven months from now if you don't order it right now from amazon.

Question:
Do I have to play as blonde american man samurai or can I be a cute nippon girl with a big fucking nodachi?

Yes.

Die

A short way into the game you unlock the Hidden Teahouse, which lets you use a currency called Glory mainly earned from killing revenants and doing multiplayer stuff to buy special things, among them are transformations that act as different skins of other characters complete with voices. The girls are available but they're expensive.

How does it run ?
Will consider pirating it on PC if it runs good.

Already played in on PS4, would definitely like to see my waifu in higher res.

Fucking hell, maybe if your cultural knowledge of Japan was more than Futashit hentai you Burgers wouldn't suck off everything that comes from that country.

Its a joke you goddamned newfags
Hes pretedning to be retarded

Irish guy, yeah. You have to play as him until you unlock the Hidden Teahouse through the story.

At the Hidden Teahouse you can purchase skins of various NPC characters, though they unlock as you play through the story. You also need an absurdly high amount of Glory (something like 70 000 for the cheapest?) to purchase the skins, especially the female skins. Glory can be gotten from beating revenants (AI-controlled players that died in various areas of the game), from playing online or from clan wars which happen automatically after you join a clan.

Revenants in NG+ (on the higher difficulties) generally drop way more glory than they do in the first run through.

When you equip a skin, you keep all your abilities and weapons, but take on the appearance and outfits of the NPC the skin belongs to. The cosmetic change ONLY applies to gameplay. William is still William in cutscenes.

The cheapest skins run in the low thousands, the female skins are the absurdly high ones.
You can also get glory from donating equipment, offloading high level gear at the teahouse once you've filled your item box can give a ton of glory and gold depending on the clan rewards.

Relax. I figured he'd be either british or portugese considering he's in japan during the period where samurai still existed. You europeans need to relax about not being all that relevant anymore.

So he's irish then?

Ah nice, thanks anons.

I cannot for the life of me figure out the timing for the dual swords Heavenly Flow parry. Checked around and it seems no one else can.

Good. And I have lower than minimal specs. Game doesnt really need 3gb vram.

Yeah, he's irish. The character is based on a real british figure, though.

There's also a black samurai who doesn't get much screentime.

Witcher 3 wasn't bad though.

It's a late parry, it becomes active when the sword comes down and has to connect with the attack itself.

Yeah, it was bad on a fundamental level

Yeah, but combat it witcher sucks ass.

Thick loli?
To what end?

I got a 760gtx, i5 3570, and 8gigs of ram. Is it worth a pirate? the setting looks interesting.

Absolute trash. Won't even waste time to pirate.

Shes just pudgy

They are closer to toddler.

Lol. Works like a charm with exactly same setup.

Sick, I will be pirating away fellow user, yar

It ripped off meme souls too much.

At least its not exact copy. Although I dont really see the reason to have all the randomized gear in it.

198d32953f5ad2ec83a0c538d33778ea7bda0468
or
5ACAB004EC7A065F6F7FF9B3258704196F694C5F
and download.microsoft.com/download/1/4/9/14936FE9-4D16-4019-A093-5E00182609EB/Windows6.1-KB2670838-x64.msu

The loot is a huge part of the game, it fuels all the currencies and allows for the insane amount of build variety.

Other way around would be cooler, as cowboy fighting through Indians and tearing down their gods to show them the superiority of the white man. Kinda like what happened IRL.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Probably think that a loli has to look like the sorceress in Dragon's Crown.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Is it denuvo free and available on GOG?
The game seems good, but fuck if I'm giving denuvo money or steam the full price.

No denuvo, not sure about GOG.

Isn't on GOG, yet.

That's something at least.

Do they have any plans to bring it to GOG or is that just speculation:?

Speculation, for now

goonbgone

what

The fuck is this?

Endgame builds, equipment, buffs and fully leveled living weapons.

NIGGA, PRESS THA CHINESE BUTTON

NIGGA DEY ALL CHINESE

>>>/4chan/

It took me ages to get the game running at all, now I get some ridiculous error telling me there's not enough free space in game.
It's obviously some error concerning save file generation and I've confirmed it through procmon. Managed to fix a similar error, which was the launcher options not saving, by manually creating the nioh folder. Can't seem to figure out why it has issues creating files or how to fix it. Can someone send me a zip of his nioh folder so I might reach the title screen? Should be somewhere in user\documents. No idea why my backslashes are yen symbols. My system locale is murican.

Serves you right for buying some kind of meme aspect ratio display.

I do not understand if there is something I am doing wrong or if I'm just getting buttfucked by some kind of bizarre RNG.
I know that in Dark Souls, certain animations can override hitstun, which is the basis of toggle escape. I also know that certain poiseless enemies will do that if you attack during key frames of their attack animations. Is that what's happening here? I'm confused.

Take it from me, because I'm a half blind freak that can barely see shit you should just learn the timing and then press R1 without even looking. It's not that difficult to feel out.

Samurai get poise, or superarmor if you're an FGCnigger, while they are attacking. They get fairly generous poise, I think it's pretty much the whole attack animation. Samurais teach you to dodge and counterattack instead of playing defensively or you could use ranged if you're that kind of dishonorabru shinobinigger

My attacks are slow enough they can just start one of theirs well after mine has already started and trade to win.

What weapon are you using? Odachi is plenty fast on low form, mid form has a bonus for blocking.

That's actually really shitty.

Switch stances then incompetence-chan, or dodge to the side and attack them while they aren't facing you.

I've found that I can block before I can roll.
Yokai in particlar if their first hit poise breaks me and I stagger then I'll hold the block button and even on agility A I can take the second hit.

Also, something that may help you is that Samurai get the same weapon attack animations as players, so pay attention to when they are comboing.

Riiiiiight. Totally forgot low form even existed because of how much I hate the moveset.

If you're fighting humans you can use parries to fuck them up.
What armor are you wearing?

Shitter-kun, you must learn to master or at least utilize all the stances if you want to be good at this game. You also get a faster dodge animation with better i-frames in low form (and conversely, high stance has the worst dodge). The reason you "hate" the stance is because they are all situational. Low stance is good for defense, mid stance is OK all around but best at taking on multiple enemies because you get the most wide attacks in your moveset, and high stance is for when you have the tough bastards right where you want them.

Am I blind or am I not allowed to change the resolution? Also, i'm very shocked this runs just fine on a 760.

The reason I hate the stance is because midform has really wide sweeping attacks perfect for dealing with multiple enemies plus that sweet transition to a high stance strong attack. I despite high stance, too. I just use midform weak weak into highform strong, then stamina regen kiai thing back into midform.
Those exist? The tutorial boss convinced me they didn't and I either had to be in a blind spot or blocking.

Those exist? Did I miss a message in the tutorial or a lesson in the other tutorial?
The heaviest shit I can get my hands on. I don't know what the numbers mean but I assume more is better and I went from dying in 2 hits to losing a meager 90% in two hits sometimes.

Theres a fucking launcher nigger

you change resolution outside the game
just close the launcher after changing settings once and start the game, if you change settings and launch the game immideately you will discard resolution changes

Use the launcher in the game's directory.

All of the weapons in the base game have at least one parry (I've never played the DLCs so I don't know if the odachi and tonfa do too). They're all unlockable skills, you should find them in the skill tree menu for each weapon.

I mean what is your set bonus?

Argh. Why can't they give me access to everything a weapon's supposed to do and leave it up to me to master it over the course of the game? I guess I'll see if I can buy that the next time I have skill points.

Set bonuses exist? I've just been grabbing whatever has the most numbers so I'm a mishmash of random drops.

I think we've found your problem.
Tatenashi is godlike with an Odachi but you probably don't have access to that unless you've been religiously farming revenants and may be not even then.
You've got to put some levels into strength and stamina if you're going to wear heavy armor. Early in the game it might be easier to wear medium armor and use your heavy weapon as a secondary weapon until you can bear it.
When ever you get a chance get yourself a good set of axe armor since that works pretty well with Odachi. Before that you could combine a medium armor with a warrior monk's hood.
Also consider that you can use certain GS attacks to put enemies on their ass, especially human enemies.

Because any weapon's moveset has more moves available than there are available commands to execute them. Also the random loot is more Diablo 2 than Diablo 3, sure getting more damage and armor is nice, but getting set bonuses and modifiers that actually complement your current build/playstyle will go much farther. Hell that's why the familiarity system is there, so you don't feel constantly pressured to swap out for the latest drops immediately when you already have good equipment with good modifiers. And besides, later on you can straight up level old equipment to your current level, and transfer modifiers.

what
what? are those the invader-like things I can summon? i've been killing them whenever i get a chance
you mean those things that walk back and forth throwing axes high or low in castlevania?
Greatsword, or is this an acronym for a mechanic I haven't found yet? High stance attacks haven't seemed like they knock people over.

never played either
Oh, okay.
You know, that's probably my biggest complaint about Soulslikes, they give you all these fucking numbers and most of them don't actually mean anything. Dark Souls 1 could boil armor down to poise and weight without changing anything.
I guess that means fashion souls isn't in this game, huh?

Here's a partial list of set bonuses.
Certain armor sets have pseudo set bonuses where each piece has an intrinsic bonus that works together with each other.

Have you looked at the options in the blacksmith? There's an option to change what your armor looks like while keeping its stats, you can be the most fashionable samurai you want to be.

You can reskin any equipment for cash to the appearance of any equipment you've encountered. Fashion souls is in full effect.

I haven't found a blacksmith yet.

KILL YOURSELF

Kill yourself

You must be joking, where are you in the game right now?

You access the blacksmith from the world map in between missions. Which means you haven't beaten one goddamn mission if you haven't found them. Also
Truly the darkest timeline.

your taste is objectively shit

The second shrine in the first non-tutorial mission. Between the framerate and the resolution I've had maybe 90 minutes of gameplay where I could see what the fuck was happening and I'm having a lot of trouble with basic stuff like stances and controls.

Set shadows to medium. I can run this shit at 40-60 fps on my laptop.

KILL YOURSELF
right now
do it
it will be better for all of us, you included

Then there's nothing more to say, finish the first mission because right now there's nothing you can really do.

You're going to love Onryoki.
Spend some time at the first shrines summoning and killing revenants for their drops.

The beach near the first shrine that is.

Can someone send me their savegame folder? Game can't find savegame and refuses to create one.

Onryoki didn't even give me as much trouble as the two yoki you fight that RIGHT IN YOUR ASS.

maybe you should
KILL YOURSELF

It's in mydocuments/koeitecmo/nioh. Are you sure it's missing?

No one should have to actually do that at the beginning. Fighting the first few enemies a few times to learn the combat is fine, but you get enough equipment for the beginning just by going through the level.

Yes. I can even see the game trying to access nonexistent files through procmon. When it tries to create a savegame I instead get an error telling me I don't have enough free space, which makes no sense.

Generally no but if they're going with Odachi then they might need to do a little prep work.
Personally if I was starting from scratch I would run with 1kat or 2kat and ease myself into the game from there.

It's /r/ehxcpb0rI on Volafile. forgot the name of the other site that would've been better for this situation. Good luck.

Is that url right? Get a 404 on vola.

volafile . org /r/ehxcpb0r
Not quite sure what's filtered on Holla Forums. If it doesn't work then I don't know.

thanks. was just an uppercase i too much.

I'm just destroying everything with it in solo and generally decimate enemies from behind with it in coop

Odachi shits out damage from the word go though.

Quick Holla Forums, should I buy this game?

Pirate it and figure it out for yourself.

Oh yes indeed!
But like the axe you need a way to tank hits a bit. Not even so much from a surviving damage pov but just to be prevent being knocked down and then being gangbanged to death.

Moonlit Snow is my absolutely favorite Odachi skill. I found myself using it the majority of the time.

I guess It's not that simple. Thanks anyway.

I laffed. I know it's 70 million gigs but have you tried reinstalling it?

yes

Oh shit, I'm sorry. Does the save file just not appear or what? Might be an issue with them. I'd try my luck with the steam forums or reinstalling the OS.

At this point It's probably the best if I just wait until I get a completely new system, including hardware. At least I'll have a new game for my backlog.

Try the other one until then. You might get a solution.

Are you starting the game with administrator privileges? Does the launcher save resolution and settings?

It didn't at first. Had to manually create the folder. This was fixed in the patch though. The other issue persists.
Running as admin does nothing.

Not with that range, it makes it even easier to time offense than axe. With proper spacing they can't even touch you.

I browsed a bit and people mentioned disabling cloud services due to some issues with data sync obstructing the save process. If you have one you could try that.

blacksmith exists?

are you legitimately autistic or just pretending to be serverely retarded? either way, how about you read the fucking tutorials you colossal star-spangled nigger

Ok, that's all I can think of. Good luck finding the solution to your problem, I eventually found mine (black screen on dual core CPUs).

I had that to. Might have been me that told you how to fix it.

Now this is a team ninja game
Also that lighting cat was way more easier than the previous story boss, that monster lady actually made me kinda mad at the bullshit paralysis attack until I learned it's timing

Well I downloaded the fitgirl repack and the game will run if I play windowed, but if I play it fullscreen or borderless it crashes as soon as it gets past the KoeiTecmo screen. I have a 970 and I'm wondering if this is something a patch is needed to fix or if there is already a fix.

the next two bosses you'll face after the final boss of that level are absolute trash, I mean obnoxious and really bring that bit of the game down. But they get far better after that

Only bads hate on those two because they require a slight amount of adaptation beyond the norm of "running in swinging".

I disagree, the worm one was fucking stupid. By far the worst boss.

The centipede was so awful it's only in one region of the game ever.

There is no real fix for the moment. It seems to be a codec related issue and some people have reported that removing all codecs or updating to the latest version of K-Lite has resolved it, but in most cases there is no solution. I'm suffering from the same issue on my laptop(game runs fine on my desktop) and have yet to find a solution to it.

There's a reason the arena is so much larger and has all the changes in elevation, you gotta move more and use it, as well as reduce it's Ki.

Regardless of what they were going for it, it turned out to be a boring mess that was 100% unenjoyable like every poison level in any game.

Only if you make it that way, but it sounds like you went into it expecting to hate it.

It's a poorly designed boss with a gimmick that could a been good, turned to be pretty stupid. I thought the level was mediocre with a interesting gimmick for the poison, but the boss battle was by far the least entertaining in the game.

I wasn't hard it was really easy to take out the segments. I use the yari, but all you needed to do was to drop on the segments and they would instantly break.

In other words you didn't time your attacks or your dodges right, you didn't block when it would have been a better option, or use the chances you had and the arena to drop on him, or take the times when you could hit him to lower his Ki to bring him down, or even use ranged attacks.

I'm not going live down that bullshit, that was a terrible design.
I can give you that one, but blocking is for pussies.
Read the post again.
I said nothing about ranged attacks, its not worth mentioning. What gives you the idea that I had a hard time with this boss? What I'm getting at is that it wasn't fun. That's what I'm getting at. It was not an enjoyable boss to fight, it was poorly designed to be as unfun as possible.

I want to spoil new players on something :^)

You really can't make it any more obvious that you're missing a lot on how to play the game. Baiting his attacks or timing yours before he attacks is a simple enjoyable matter. You only mentioned using drop attacks on the segments and nothing else about moving around the area or using them on the main head. I brought up ranged attacks because they're another option that work well for depleting his Ki that you overlooked. If you actually played the game to it's fullest then you might have actually enjoyed the boss rather than blamed your shortsightedness on it and boldly claiming to understand the design when you ignored half the game around it.

I can't tell if the nips glorify this bastard or hate his guts.

He's Donald Trump of ancient japan. And Donald Trump is Cao Cao of modern america.

Wait, you're telling me a Koei Tecmo game, one that's set in Japan, during the Sengoku era, has Nobunaga in it?

Do you not know what the fuck a joke is? Do I need to but a fucking /s after every post for you to get you retard? Go back to fucking reddit.
What is so hard to understand here, I'm bringing up point of the boss battle that I felt was very unenjoyable. Not the points I liked; I'm complaining about the boss, not giving a fucking insightful analysis.

Sorry, probably should have tried making it funny or something, instead of sneaking it in during where you were complaining about the boss for silly reasons in the same vein when there's a slew of other ways around it. Which is simply the point you're not understanding yourself, you didn't find it fun because of how you yourself approached it and started calling it poorly designed, all I did was give tips and methods to fight it that actually make it more fun.

Oh man. This problem is even more retarded than I thought! Being fullscreen isn't what makes it crash, being 1920x1080 is what makes it crash. I tried running it windowed in 1080 and it crashed, but if I go to a different res and fullscreen it runs fine.
Bravo KoeiTecmo. This is ineptitude of a staggering level.

You should probably kill yourself.

He's also voiced by Kou Shibusawa, the game's director.

That doesn't make any sen-

Nah I'll just continue enjoying cool boss fights instead of getting butthurt.

This game is hard.

Learn how to build characters and channel your ki fast. Everything else is learning how to cheese everything with right abilities. Its only hard in the beginning, the more you progress, the difficulty will decrease.

not much of a spoiler since he shows up in the game's opening

How do I beat this vampire bitch? She just moves so fast and kills me in to hits.

Learn how mobile you are, what you can block, what you can dodge, and what you can dash to avoid. Dashing in particular lets you dictate and control the spacing of the entire fight, which is what the fight is trying to teach you. Also in case you don't know, if you get hit, blocking works for followup attacks but dodging doesn't.

More like had a populist ideology and free market policies with a and a belief that title/wealth does not instantly entitle you to power/prestige/respect and instead must be earned through hard work, ingenuity, and how one treats others (Nobunaga fails in that regard). That last statement explains why, unlike other leaders during the Three Kingdom's era, Cao Cao regularly fought on the front lines with his men, including low level infantry/nobodies, not just high ranked officers.

Post more

from what I saw it's, you either learn the fight or use salt and beat her head into the ground ez

Should I be doing the side quests? I'm already overleved has it is, it feels kinda silly to go into a 25 story mision with like 10 levels over

If you have problems with the stuns, then you can use acupuncture needles to cancel it. Block the spin attacks, doge pretty much anything else. Smack her once or twice when she is recovering from her moves. Don't forget your guardian spirit, as that can be pure rape if you use it correctly.

Levels don't affect all that much, gear is the main thing that determines your strength, and the recommended levels are based off of gear rather than your level and should only really be taken as a comparison to other levels. Do the sidemissions if you want, they can be fun and there's some really good rewards like smithing texts and Guardian Spirits.

I still just cannot fucking do this. I have the kusarigama, and the ninja and onmyo skills. What the fuck do I use on this bitch? Poison? Fire? Bombs? Any good stance hits? Because all of them are long chains that get me killed if I do the full combo.

You just have to learn when to stop attacking and to keep your distance. She runs fast but her attacks are slow and leave wide openings if you're watching. Just don't overcommit, you can dodge out of the combo strings easily and get out of harm's way when necessary, and like other yokai she only gets interrupted when she runs out of Ki, though she's prepared for that too.

Alright then and yeah I have had the most fun so far in side missions, the duel against the dude you save on a story mission was pretty fun

I FUCKING DID IT
If anyone cares.

You finally got good. not really

Does anyone know if you can copy over saves from a cracked copy to a legit copy? This game is so fucking fun that I'm planning on buying it during the winter sale like a good goy for co-op but I don't want to overcommit to playing now if I'll have to start over.

I'm like a goddamn kid again, this game is exactly what I've been craving.
>mfw wheelmonks
good thing I have a problem solver for those

Yes.

That "Mandate of Heaven" is a real grey haired bitch to the corrupt ain't it.

The Centipede is my least favorite boss but I wouldn't really call him bad. He's actually really easy. I beat him in one or two tries which was the first time that happened for me for a Nioh boss. I probably wouldn't dislike him so much if he wasn't at the end of my least favorite level.
I like the other centipede boss much better.
Umibozu is just fucking fun, at least once you realize how to fight him.

That's true of any of the giant bosses. The reason is that they're built around an arena and it would be hard to put them into another stage.

I just bombed him to death. And that was before ninjutsu was buffed too.

Im enjoying this quite a bit, I just made one meme doggo spirit now two for doing that duel quest
Now onto a new zone.

Should I be that worried what Im dumping poimts into, I know I can respec but dont really wanna do It till I need it. Like is there a point where being dumb with levels will make shit hard?

Any widescreen fix yet that isn't laughable dogshit?

What a fucking pleb

What?
Widescreen res and aspect ratio look fine.

Not if you have big fucking ultrawide screen

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Nioh:_Complete_Edition#Ultra-widescreen

Thanks lad

It finally works. Copied Nioh to another partition and somehow the game actually creates a savegame now. I have no idea why it makes a difference where the game is launched when the save game is still on the old partition and with plenty (400GB) of free space.
Anyone who isn't banned on steam may post it there if you see any threads related to "not enough free space on hard disk". Would like to help myself but I'm not willing to make another account and spend 5 bucks just to do so.

I get crashes if I kill an enemy with a bow in tutorial or even the first guy after finishing tower of london.I also get a crash during the animation between the phases of the boss battle in tower of london.
All of it 100% reproducible and game breaking.

I just reached the point where I joined up with the girl with the lightning sword. Is she supposed to be that powerful? She cuts up one of those terracotta soldiers in two hits.

Lmao, why were you banned? And why $5? Good to hear though.

Yep. Those guys have very high physical defense and conversely are deathly weak to elemental damage

Have you tried dodging?

Please die newfag.

Right after you kill yourself

Holy shit, you're really new. You are the filth ruining this site. Please die. This isn't facebook you fucking filth. Get the fuck out.

I'm not going to filter myself just to appease a faggot that can't control his rage at a glimpse of it. Go kill yourself you fucking sperg.

Then get the fuck out, that's what I'm telling you nigger.

How about you go kill yourself instead?

This isn't your place to be. Go find somewhere more fitting like reddit, scum.

So my asking someone I tried to help before my id change why he was banned from steam is the reason you're chimping out? Or was it lmao? Why are you such a degenerate?

The reason you can't see a problem with your post is the reason you shouldn't be here, stop posting anytime.

But I didn't even do the le epic reddit spacing meme, how did you le find me out, Holla Forumsro? Serves me right for trying to interact with people on this shitpile of a board.
But guess what, I'm not leaving. I bet it really makes you mad doesn't it? You really should go kill yourself.

Hey do I lose amarita if I die in a Jolly Coop with a random? Also why is odachi moonlit snow so fucking OP

Nope, nothing is at risk in either co-op mode except your honour. Everything does stupid amounts of damage because rip balance.

How is the Kusarigama? I immediately picked that as my first weapon because of how unique it seemed, but I'm wondering if I might be making the game harder for myself. The first two bosses (not counting the prologue) have really kicked my ass and I typically have to pull out Living Weapon for anything big.

I like it, it's good for a fast-paced and aggressive playstyle, but it doesn't do much damage when compared with heavier weapons. I typically use the low stance, it's more than enough to deal decent damage to regular foes and it can give you the maneuverability to avoid most incoming attacks. Use it in combination with a more powerful weapon, like a heavy axe or odachi.

I'm not so good with the "in combination" thing. I can handle switching stances, but I usually try to find some way to use my current weapon for every situation I can. If I were to switch to a heavy weapon I wouldn't really know when to switch back because they can work just as well.

Anyway, what I've mainly been doing is using one of the pull attacks to get a human enemy from range, then following up with the swings. For the bosses (especially the winged chick) I use low stance to dodge and then high stance power attacks (throw the weight) to attack from range while they are busy comboing the air. It's a hell of a lot of stance switching and I feel like any other weapon would probably have some easier way of doing it.

The fuck at that centipede boss
that shit was easy as fuck I just killed all its parts in the first couple seconds with my doggo weapon power then threw shit at him the rest of his health

Found the actual reason why it didn't work. It's so stupid. How can you fuck up a port like that?

In low stance it stun locks everything human.

Ive been liking it, Mid stance has a nice reach for most enemies and low/heavy both have their place for damage and just being fast

I agree about the bosses, so far they really shit on me but past that ive found everything more managable, maybe due to knowing how to play more also
I use a spear as a second weapon but rarely unzip it to use

It's the jack of all trades and master of them all weapon. Insane range, high damage output, rapid attacks and multiple utility options. It even shares it's scaling stat with Ninjutsu.

Man that centipede boss was kinda boring, the boss itself isn't that hard but having to stop every 1 or so minutes to activate the machine to get rid of the poison felt like a cheap way of making the fight lengthier
On the other hand the Umi-Bozu fight was fun has fuck, the arena was big enough and the whole fire beacons to put your sword on fire was neat, hopefully there's more bosses with his kind of mechanics.

Also I have been using less and less my secondary weapon and mostly sticking to the Odachi the damage it's so good and the stance change combos are pretty nice

Kusarigama is bad at bait and punish. The range makes it extremely good at zoning and forcing an opening, but it's too slow on the wind up to effectively punish an enemy attack. Also it's basically incapable of guard breaking.

Currently I'm pairing it with an Odachi. That's the only thing I found effective against the lightning samurai dude (side mission version, first island), especially since he auto-guards everything after the first hit.

I used a spear for that in power stance
all his shit was easy to dodge but the Kusarigama just couldnt do the damage needed

His sheathed slash was damn near impossible to dodge reliably. Sometimes he would do it as soon as he was in range, sometimes he would just keep running until he was practically behind you before slashing, and the slash itself is too fast to react to.

I just kept distance waiting for him to do a chain attack and then whacking him a couple times

With the Odachi pommel strike I was able to break his Ki bar in 2 punishes, then knockdown/finisher for damage, which kept the fight short enough that even with his random bullshit instakill dash I was able to catch a lucky break and kill him

Dodge into it, the i-frames will do what they do and then you've got an opening to attack. Dodging into it is the most reliable way I had of beating him.

You can't iframe an ability with random timings

It's not random. It adjusts to the distance you are from him.

That's what I thought at first, but it doesn't have anything to do with it. Sometimes he goes past you, sometimes he doesn't even come to you at all, completely random with no basis on anything you do.

Well that water boss was easy, just used a bunch of fire shit at him

Anyone have a good dualies or single sword ninja build?

In Dark Souls, you can use save and quit to spawn outside a bossroom. I've got a big pile of souls in the bossroom, is there an easy trick like that in Nioh or am I gonna have to blow a homeward bone?

It's extremely good at that actually. I don't know how you can say it's slow when looking at stuff like high/low stance quick and mid/low stance strong, the latter of which work very well for clearing distance. High stance quick works well for guard breaking because of the sheer number of hits it puts out in such a short space of time, even if it's a bit less than some weapons, plus it also has effective skills for it.

I don't think the user knows what hes talking about, that or he doesn't know that high stance is meant to break blocks.

Well, it technically is weaker at guard breaking compared to the other weapons which along with a low parry stat are meant to be it's downsides, but weaker just doesn't add up to actually being weak though and the stat difference is negligible. You can always put Parry Disabled and/or Pierce Guard on it too, it makes great use of both of those effects.

Its got heavy hitting low ki chain attacks that can destroy guards tho plus you can zone and play it safe without swapping weapons.

Yep, it has enough for guard breaking and you don't even need to when you can bait them to lower their guard with your long reach. It's just such a powerful weapon in a game full of powerful weapons.

You can just heavy attack most mobs to death if you really want without putting yourself in danger since the range is so long.