Dragon Quest Thread

"Hoes Before Bros" Edition

Seriously though, fuck Kief the Queefer. I thought the DS version would redeem him a bit, but he still fucks off and leaves me, Gabo and Maribel to suffer. Fuck him and gypsy bitches.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/makula/status/902065302875234304
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Maribel is Hoe too, she leaves you later on in the story to stare at her sick father instead of getting an item to heal him or using fullheal. The story and plot in that game is fucking retarded I swear.

Gabo Ruff is the only true bro in your journey.

I quit playing the game like 2 days ago because It kept on dragging on and doesent know when to fucking end.

There's a lot of inconsistencies and plot holes to be sure, but I find it less grating than DQ 6 or 9's plots. Either way, you can still get Maribel back in the party after the Demon King's revival, but you cant have more than 4 party members at a time, so you have to switch her out with someone else. Problem is she's been gone so long that she'll be a bit under leveled compared to the others and sorely behind in job class progressions. Its a bitch, but my tsundere bae is at least more trustworthy than Kiefer.

True dat. Wolf lad is best bro. But did you at least play the original PS1 version?

Maya is mai waifu.

Serves you right, faggot.

You deserved it

I don't think I liked a single character in 7, though that might just've been a wonky translation.

I'm surprised VIII runs so well on o3ds.

Was about to ask, does VII for the 3ds have a better fan translation or something ? Also how are the other ds games in term of translation or localization ?

Ayy.

Shit taste and her lipstick is gaudy as fuck. Meena on the other hand is pure sex.

The translations honestly irked me since more than half of everyone in the game speaks with a corny accent. And don't get me started on the monster names. Its like they want you to laugh at them.

Fuck you Square a million times over. You ruined Enix.

Why is this shitty series regarded so highly with its retarded fanbase having a raging hate-boner for Final Fantasy? Both are casual as fuck.

Is it just weeaboos wanting to be more like everyone in muh grorious nippon?

The only DS translation that's bearable is 6 and even it's filled with tons of pointless changes.

Found the Lightning fag.

How are the 3DS DQ games?
Are they any good?

What's the best place to start, and what game is the best overall?

They have their ups and downs, but the more I played DQ7, the more I started preferring the original playstation one. The alltrades abbey classes are also faster to master but you keep none of the learned skills in your base forms, and you don't get hybrid skills anymore. The translations are also cringeworthy in all of the DS and 3DS games. There also some outfit censorship in VIII. But that has nothing to do with the translators and its just SquareEnix of Japan being turbo gay.

Funny considering that I just got into the ace attorney series.

Are there any (complete) fan translations for the ds games ?

8 is good so far, just make sure you get the undub, uncensored, and orchestral music version.

No, but when I can get the money I want to buy a flashcart so I could play the ds dq games along with the gbc ones.

Who wants to open this bag?

I think that depends entirely on personal tastes. They're all the same in a way at their core, but with unique fun changes and characters depending on the game. For me DQV was the best and the story was the most engaging. DQIV has a great set of characters. I've also always been fond of DQIII's class system. Best one to start with would be DQIII I guess, but you can start off with any of them and it won't matter much. However, the first 3 games share the same timeline/setting in different time periods and each happen in this order: 3, 2 and 1 if I'm not mistaken. 4, 5 and 6 also share the same setting supposedly and each happen in a different era. With 6 supposedly being the first, 4 being the second and 5 being the last in the timeline.

This. The Japs are starting to become almost as bad as the west. And that fucking comment section… fuck.

3 is the quickest to start and get into. If you don't at least like the foundation of that game you probably won't like any of them.

Its one of those games where the stupid translation is actually humorous and self-aware without making the story shitty and altering anything important.

Dragon Quest came first, so the fan base holds that over the FinFan groupies. It's basically Pepsi vs. Cola rules. The real answer is just to play what you want, and accept that both versions do some things better than the other, like Cola having undoubtedly the superior cherry flavor.

user those look super tasty!
Care to share?

If there was shrimp and not shit in that burger it would be absolutely delicious.

DQIII

It is especially insulting to those who played 8 back on the ps2 like myself. Then you have these chucklefucks in the comment section.

I would but they keep running away.

Disgusting 3DPD dykes.

Pay attention gentlemen, because this is when you know someone is going to say some stupid fucking shit. The 3DS may have allowed Best Girl to win but it wasn't worth it for the pure amount of sneaky bullshit that was added in.

I always wanted to play Dragon Quest X, shame it was never released outside of Japan.

Oh god I just remembered dragon quest swords. What is worse is that I remember having fun with it.

Lord have mercy.

Its disturbing how many in the comments are defending this. It seems to be made up of company loyalists, women and betas. Although its strange seeing so many of them having DQ avatars and names. You could almost swear these are SE employees.

Is there any other DQ where the mc transforms into a super sayian?

How do you think I feel.

DQ9 brought back the tension mechanic and almost everyone can become a faggy SSJ Rose. Although I wouldn't normally recommend 9 to anyone. Shit was my least favorite in the series. Anyway, I don't know if X brought back tension though.

Its alright, son. We all have our moments of weakness.

Why must this continue to exist?

Because we must suffer.

Because we have sinned. We allowed this evil to happen.

3,4,5, and 8 are all good introductions. 8 is probably the best place to start if you're used to more modern JRPGs. The only flaw with it is that it takes a few hours to get interesting.
Either the SNES remake of 3 or 5. It's hard to pick between those two.

Hence why 3 is the best place to start.

i have played all DQ except 3

8 > 4 =5 > 6 > 2 > 1 > 9 > 7

mmo tier

never bought the GBC game when i was younger or downloaded the fantranslated SNES game

How is the DS remake of 5?

My thinking was that it would hard for someone who is only used to more modern JRPGs to get into 3.

If you do play the fan translated SNES version, be sure you have the 1.1 patch and not the 1.0. The 1.0 patch will crash your game and delete your saves if you talk to a certain NPC.

It's great if you can handle the cockney accents they gave half the characters.

Jesus christ this worries me. I bought the V ds remake forever ago and its still in my backlog
Would it be better to just emulate a snes?

Ive played all the DQ on the 3DS and DS
I like this series, it doesnt do exactly much wrong but keeps things simple

Also motsu's Dragon quest dojinshi = top tier

They're not that bad if you want to see bad accents, look at the DS version of 4. Certain parts that were incomprehensible, and you can at least understand what everyone is saying. The DS version is also the only version, to my knowledge, that has party chat, lets have 4 party members instead of 3, and lets you choose between 3 waifus instead of 2. The SNES and PS2 versions are great too if you really can't handle the accents, which is understandable.

Okay. Thank you very much for the info user, I'll see if I find it too jarring or not and at least now I have other options in case of that

Dafuq did you say about my tsundere waifu, bitch?
She melts the coldest heart.

If the cockney accents in DQ5 worry you, then you probably shouldn't play DQ7. Shit gets obnoxious fast. Almost DQ4-tier in terms of translation.

Fuck you Square.

I wish they'd bring back Monster Classes. Loved that stuff in 8.

Also kieffer was a complete dickweed. I felt pretty bad when I had to go back and tell the king to his face his son abandoned him and is in a place and time where he could never see him, and in a way is already dead. At least his free loading gypsy descendent is bumming with them to fill the void now.
Whole debacle made me tell deadbeat pirate dad to stuff it and id rather be a fisherman like the father who raised me.

And his poor mentally challenged sister who was went into a severe food-deprived depression afterwards. And not only that, but Kiefer in his endless douchery left because "my dad will never let me decide my own destiny", but as soon as you get back, boom, the king tells you he wants to give Kiefer his blessing to choose his own path in life and even give him a map fragment as a sign of his approval, but then you have to tell him his worthless son ran off without a fucking word or goodbye because dad sucks. And then the king gets depressive and feels betrayed. Truly, Kiefer is the scum of the Demon King's shoes.

I never played DQ 7 but I loved Maribel in Heroes 2. I basically mained her in that game. She's what Terry was in Heroes 1.

The Maribel from Heroes 2 is a cheating slut who gives Puff Puffs away as if they were Fishbel crackers. She broke my heart.

the whole game plays out like four full seasons of a "monster of the week" anime to the point that it puts Golden Sun's "every fucking town is in trouble and you have to fix it" formula to fucking shame.

It's less a hateboner and more a I don't want to play a Final Fantasy that isn't an rpg flacid whip in the wind.

Final Fantasy betrayed itself as a series and it's a boring busywork sandbox with rails and crap combat mess now. Welcome to 2017.

Unless they're on tiny robotic wheels that fucking bolt as soon as you open the bag for you to chase like an asshole with no I want no part in it.

but it is pretty cool though

There's a fan translated remake of 5 for the PS2, also has fully orchestrated soundtrack. Arguably the best version

Why would they put fucked up accents in DQ when it's all written in standard Japanese in the Japanese version?

because the western fans loved it in dq8
blame the west

PS2 version has 4 party members too, and IIRC it also has party chat

I hope she's a dwarf… Anyway, Sylvia is concerning. He looks like your standard okama faggot stereotype or the typical jap's view of a Brazilian. Either way, this would either attract obnoxious tumblrfags to our usually quiet and peaceful fandom or he'll be such an offensive faggot "stereotype" that we might not get a proper western localization. Even the usually untarnished DQ Wiki wants to "respect his pronouns" by calling him "they", even though his manner of speech in nipponland is also used by effeminate men rather than it meaning trannyness. However I can live with it not being released in the west considering how shit translations/localizations are becoming.

I remember when a western release actually had benefits. Like the unique tension animation in DQ8 or bosses in other rpg games that would only appear in international versions.

That dance is adorable and she better be a loli not some short race. Didn't think DQ even had dwarves.

The only good party member is flamboyant flamingo dude
he's manly yet flamboyant at the same time. Apparently Japan made the impossible happen.
I hope he's full on mixture of badass bro but the joke is he's super flamboyant for comic relief, perhaps go slightly Hisoka pervert.

I like how DQ7 takes 17 years to introduce a first monster battle.

I always liked this series more than Final Fantasy. DQ3 and 8 are my personal favorites.

Best thing to do is hope that won't happen and that tumblrfags and the now nomadic neogafers will instead be so offended they won't ever bother with DQ again. But if they stop translating DQ in the west, then no skin off my nose because these western translator fucks can kiss my ass with their gay bullshit, awful monster names and accents.

He definitely is promising. I doubt they'll make him a pedo though, but if they do, expect the western translation to completely remove that trait to avoid offending faggots.

You can beat the first two games twice over in the time it takes you to get to class changes in 7.

its objectively better then Final Fantasy in every way and respects its traditions by sticking to what works. Also the original NES games are not casual you dumb contrarian nigger. enjoy your (you)

This honestly.

DQ5 is just as good as 8 and 3 though.

Why not both?

It really is. I got the fan translated roms.

I always knew she was special.

It was honestly one of the best roleplaying experiences I ever had. Starting off as a young lad, traveling to the fairy realm as an adventurous youth, getting a childhood sweetheart, befriending a cub of the king of beasts, losing parents, being enslaved for 10 years, traveling the world, taming beasts, reuniting with lost loves, becoming a man, marriage, sweet love making, having kids, avenging dead parents, being turned to stone, traveling to heaven and back, get sword of legend, son becomes the hero of legend, travel to hell and back, kill Satan, become the greatest king and hero in the land and it all ends with a grand dance with the Mrs. as the kingdom showers you with praise. Doesn't get any better than that.

Maybe I should've spoilered that. But its been over 28 years now since the release and you can't blame me.

I still love how user faggots will try and compare Final Fantasy to Dragon Quest. If you have played them both, you will know that Dragon Quest is for the traditionalist, the methodical, and the grinder. Final Fantasy (Which officially died at 9, I don't care what newfags say) is for the faggots. I am glad Final Fantasy exist though cause it keeps those said faggots out of my Dragon Quest.

7, 8 and everything after 9 was a mistake

Apples and Oranges. Dragon Quest if you like iron-clad warriors in a Toriyama artstyle or Final Fantasy if you like Metro-sexual Boy bands with tons of cinematic experiences.

>Facebook sad-man
Everything after 6 was a mistake.

Oh, I will give some credit to 7,8 and 9. I personally only like Final Fantasy II, III, V, VI and VIII. Most of that is based on the settings, music and Job system. I like VIII cause it is so fucking cheesy and over the top.

The comparisons after you said Apples and Oranges are retarded, you are fucking retarded.

None of what you said about FF is a positive trait. So I'm going to assume you're being ironic and say 'good post m8'.

They are not totally bad but they where the trendsetters that opened the floodgate and not really as great as people make them out to be. 10 & 13 are irredeemable garbage. 12 was a step in the right direction but Vaan was instrumental in killing that games appeal and the story was delivered poorly. 15 had potential, the plot was serviceable, the characters (aside form Gladiolus) are actually likeable despite the aesthetic and while the Story structure is week at points (Chapter 13 was shit) the overarching plot is actually decent if you take the time to dig into the extended universe. The Open word is actually interesting to explore. Genuinely could have been amazing if only they had made the combat more sophisticated. Most of the hate of FFXV come from two camps, those who where Hyped and let inevitably down and those who haven't played the game and just like to hate it as a meme. That's not to say its a good game but rather to say it had strong elements and the framework of something that could have been top notch. Its was potentially a step in the right direction IF they learn that returning to a ATB system or a new more complex tactical battle system. The cellphone crap and VR Fishing is off putting but it was probably the first FF game in years that allowed you to explore which was something that had been missing from the games ever sense FF10.

I still have Final Fantasy X sitting on my harddrive, I can not bring myself to play it, but yet I wont delete it. Why? WHY?! Have you played X? Why would people ever justify its existence?

FFX was the last FF game I ever bought on release. I got to the final chapter and never finished the game. I honestly don't give a fuck about the Plot of Sin. I did end up watching a lets play years latter. Just to find out the final boss was your estranged father and the protagonist where just a dream creation of the collective unconscious. The only thing good about FFX was Lulu's tits. I borrowed FF12 from a friend and played through about half of it and gave it back to him out of boredom and basically abandoned all hope. It's been 10 years, skipped FF13. I picked up XV on a whim after watching and enjoying the movie. I honestly like XV, but I kinda feel its Stockholm syndrome because it does do somethings that remind me of older FF games, primarily the Open world, also the eccentric art design is actually beautiful. XV looks great. Most FF games where never that changing and Secret of Mana was was so easy that it was bland yet people blinded by nostalgia still act like SoM was a classic. idk, I'm rambling. After playing WoFF & DQB I was reminded of why I loved Square and Enix. FFXV is a It's actually a very competently made product, its just they lack faith in their audience and have taken this casual meme way to far. If they where to take what works with FFXV but fixed the battles system it would have been a top 10 game. The most complex XV gets is micromanaging heal potions and phoenix downs while choosing the right weapons/spells after casting autolibra with wait mode.My thoughts on the FF7 remake are entirely dependent on how they chose to deal with the combat. Even a Crisis Core system would have been better.

challenging*

Not to mention it has the best loli.

The plot is shit and the ultima weapons are just a pain in the ass to get. I mean, I usually like tedious sidequests (which are usually fun for me) but there's nothing fun about X's sidequests which are easily some of the most boring shits I've ever endured. I honestly got fed up with the game after reaching Sin.

I will castrate you, nigger

He's not manly, he's a flaming faggot. Calls himself "Sylvia" when he's real name's "Goriate", and insists people call him "onee-san". He usually acts if he's one of the ladies. At the same time, he's kind of supposed to be a bad ass fighter, because his father raised and trained him to be a knight before he decided he'd rather be a faggot / circus freak.

She's a legal loli. She's the twin sister of the other girl, but monsters stole her magic which rejuvenated her, causing her to age in reverse.

Does that mean she's Benjamin Button? Will she die a baby?

No, she gets away from the monsters before they drain all her magic, but they were making her younger and younger while they were draining it, which is the explanation for why she's so little. She's actually the same age as her sister, the healer chick.

? Why she has a butt in front?

Does anybody play Dragon Quest X?

How's the 3DS version? How hard is it for a gaijin myself to get it off of Freeshop and play it? Will it even work on a North American 3DS?

Don't think it will work on a non Japanese 3DS. But even if you had a Japanese 3DS it would be unplayable because the 3DS version is streamed similarly to OnLive. And unless you live in Japan, your ping is gonna be too high to be able to stream properly.

A bitch; yes, but a hoe? Hold your tongue!

Terrible but it gets better by the last port (still sucky).
Oli Chnce is who's currently forcing accents into DQ by SEs demand but originally Plus Alpha were the people they got at the start and the ones who really fucked shit up by focusing so much on accents that they didn't have time for party chat which got taken out.

I think he's just a Shin Megami fan.

They changed the outfits because the ratings board in Japan has been really on edge lately so they ended up with one above what they always went for since it's supposed to be a series for anyone.

The amount of puns in DQIX detracted from the story.

Will always hurt.

I'd think that too but that would require SE putting any effort into DQs Western release.

DQIX is the one you go to if you enjoy DQIII. It's more down the lines of Kaioken (West was the only ones with the hair spiking up in DQVIII). DQX does have tension (last pic related).

It all started with Richard Honeywood wanting to mess with DQVIII on PS2 to try and get more people to notice it which involved forcing a dub into a game that never had one. He used a bunch of Brits or whatever and people did enjoy it which to SE is the only reason it sold so well (they originally said DQ was dead in the West because of said sales) and not the fact DQ fans were fucking starved and it always had a demo of FFXII. SEs head of localization (who works in Japan) started having whoever they threw the games at force accents into the text but they always went far too far with it so that it occasionally had unreadable text or take a couple moments to figure out what they're saying. One of the big things that helped get people hating it was the fact SE kept whining about the cost of localization whenever people asked why there hasn't been a new DQ in ages which shot the fuck up due to them having to rewrite everything after translating the text for the accents.

It's okay user,you just wanna fuck a loli that's also the age she looks.

They wouldn't be able to stomach DQ and they'd label it the Dark Souls of RPGs from not wanting to fight while they move around.

She needs to be a little more green around the gills (last pic related).

DQ III, V, and VIII are seen as people top faves. DQIX is the black sheep for some reason even though it just does what DQIII started.

Only grind is in post game before DQIX and that one only had grind in the form of MMO crap which you didn't need to get to the end of the game.

DQ is for the feeling of adventure while FF is for watching a story.

Only mistake was putting the localization in the hands of Honeywood. DQ never was able to reach the level of popularity that wrecks things from the erratic releases and FF having had propped itself up as top dog.

Xiin hasn't blown up his favorite daughteru in a long time.

So that's what the part about her having an adult body in that one attack combo I saw.

Bellygessos are disgusting.

Well put friendo. Also, do you think the reason the japanese ratings board is cracking down might be related to the 2020 Olympics?

And the puns keep getting worse.

Darn you Maribel, you damn heartbreaking floozy.

Seems accurate. Time to die.

Only reasonable thing anyone can think of.

You'll be lucky if you don't end up dragged from the grave like Breath of Fire fans and that's highly unlikely if they actually remembered Secret of Mana fans who I haven't heard shit out of.

I want this to come over but the dub will be awful.

I made a small improvement to the 4th pic.

They always are.

(You)

You can't kill me, Jack.

Patrician Taste.

t. Satoshi Urushihara

What did they mean by this?

If it's anything like World of FF then you'l be able to use a Japanese voice pace or turn voices off entirely.

You guys need some damn humility.

Next you're gonna tell me that they're releasing DQX Westward.

As a Breath of Fire fan, the image needs a zombie hand flying the bird.

jesus christ this is cringy, and I fucking like Dark Souls too

I'm not sure what that picture is meant to convey, but I have legend of mana on my vita and that's fine for now.

What makes this superior to the PS2 remake? I ask because I just started the latter (fan translation) and I'm enjoying the visuals but I don't want a sub-par experience.

I think he meant "SNES remake of 3, or 5". 5 launched on the snes, it wasn't a remake

VI, VII, and IX are just DQ III on steroids with way more content. Why do people not like them as much?

Just did this fight in X. Fortune teller really is baby mode. They can have two AOE revive cards in their deck of 20, and using certain abilities they can make specific cards come to hand. No healers needed when everyone is a fortune teller.

DQ9 was so meh it might as well have been a shitty FF game.

VI is known as a weak point since it's surrounded by entires that did more (V and VII) VII is known for the long ass time to get started and you lose your characters a lot, and IX had a buttload of MMO stuff in it with a bunch of stuff stuck in DQVC which needs the internet to change its items even if they're all on the cartridge while there's a chunk of the fanbase that prefers prewritten instead of player created characters.

Yes, but then why praise 3? It has the same issue with player created characters, and the same class system, only stripped down so you can't combine abilities from different classes.

Too early in the series; no one had enough time to get used to a party.

Yeah, that's what I meant.

3 does have less content than 6,7, and 9, but the content that's there is usually superior. The story elements were much more sparse, which allowed the game to have a bigger focus on exploration. It also let you pick out classes at the very beginning(I'm not sure if any of that applies to 9, since I haven't played that one yet.) That being said, I do think 6 is pretty underrated. People tend to overlook it because right after it came 7, which took all the things that made 6 unique and cranked them up to ridiculous levels. But 6 has better writing than 7 and feels altogether more unified and coherent than 7.

You fight alone until Stornway and won't be able to change classes until Alltrades Abbey which needs you to obtain a boat so it's a good bit of time before your main can be changed from a Minstral (default class for you instead of letting you choose).
If there's ever a remake; I know who's gonna end up playable!

My biggest hope is that the localization team keeps him mostly the same and let the tumblrfags assume whatever they want.

If Square cared enough to allow "pronouns" in a Final Fantasy game then we're pretty much fucked.

Better get my ass in gear and learn Japanese then.

I don't give a shit what happens to Final Fantasy, but Dragon Quest is sacred. Dragon Quest, Ultima and Wizardry are the sacred rpgs.

Sucks we can't trust the fan translator community to do anything.

Two good games in a series doesn't mean the series is good.

I hate it when SJWs worm their way in.

Would you a slime?

At least they force me to learn a dumb meme language that looks impressive on a resume.

Not even if the exp was massive.

If they keep him totally the same, he'll be a totally fabulous faggot. Acts like a woman, uses "atashi" and all the feminine particles. There's an event where the female party members are doing a girl talk, no boys allowed, and he goes with the women's group. And to top it off, he also insists on being called onee-san instead of onii-san. he's also an older man with a gay boner for the teen hero. There's a scene where the player wakes up, the fag is kissing you, and it plays the evil noise from when you equip a cursed item in earlier DQ games.

What a time to be alive.

Square is an evil kind of fuck. Almost Disney-tier. But I'm gonna hope for the best, and if worst comes to pass, then I'll just finish learning nipponese.

I'd hatefuck a metal slime until it cries while its kin watch.

Knowing westerners now, they'll probably remove it to avoid offending Ellenfags and libtypes. And our beloved loli probably won't have a bunny suit in either version thanks to japan's new shitty ratings.

You're right. Sadly, she can't actually equip the bunny suit or dancer outfit. She gets some different cutesy uniforms and a neko kigurumi instead.

When did this happen?

Besides that scene, he also has a kissing move that gives the enemies poison (aids).

twitter.com/makula/status/902065302875234304

And wouldn't you know it, there's already a Jap SJW crying about Sylvia's portrayal being offensive on twatter.

I'll give you a rough translation of this tweet:

ドラクエ11、基本的にシルビアがレディとして扱われてて好感触だったのに、何度かオカマネタのギャグが出てきたのがちょっぴり気になった。まあ、堀井雄二もおじいちゃんだからそういうセンスもしょうがないよね。

"DQXI basically handled it very nicely the way Sylvia is treated as a lady, but despite this a few homo gags come up, so it felt a bit problematic. Well, Horii Yuuji is an old man, so perhaps he can't help having that sort of sense of humor. "

Well just great. I always said Japs would fall to the same taint as in the west, but no one listened.

Not fair; been wanting Dai to get fully subbed.

Vid related is of her can canning in the different outfits.

Still a lot of good outfits.

Been wondering who's the blue haired girl.

Does someone at least have the bunny suit.
Calm down my dear son.

The fighter has it.

I prefer the boss outfit out of them all but I don't know how they ended up giving her a Stella outfit; one of the characters I heard the Japs hated the most out of DQIX.

C U C K S

Its fucking Garfield. How is that supposed to make me happy?

Again why should I be happy?

Because it wasn't cut content forced as DLC?
Because it isn't BandaiNamco level bullshit?
Because there's always hope for a remake/updated port that has everything back to the lewd ways once the Olympics are over.
My only hope is that Eurocucks don't end up getting the casino taken out but DQVII 3DS still had that.

What if the damage becomes unrepairable? I feel all kinds of woe.

this thread is cringe as fuck

When it comes to anything else but the only way it'll affect DQ is if Horii dies before he can make a new game after. Japan is always fueling lewd content so I can't see the ratings board sticking to it.

The blue haired girl is the blue haired guy Kamyu's sister Maya.

she looks like bulma and i blame toriyama

Not for long. Western liberal ideas and "standards" are slowly infiltrating. The Japan we once new will be no more one day…

While good things always come to an end; the PM has defended the lolis and I don't think the Japs government want to mess around too much with the Doujin community.

Now if only Doujin artists would STOP CUCKING YOU WITH THAT GODDAMED HORSE!

Martina is best girl but MC settles for basic thot

I hate when games give you the worst girl.

How lucky to find a DQ thread since i've been playing through dq9
I'd say i'm pretty far along in it, currently in the bowhole with the objective of grinding LMS's until all my currently unlocked classes are lvl 40.
That being said i've been trying to do the lvl 15 paladin quest (number 107 i believe?) and it's a fucking pain the ass good fucking lord

None of the class quests are worth it except the gladiator one and whichever one gives you guaranteed crit blocks.

years ago I was motivated to play Dragon Quest III by seeing so much Da Hootch doujins
my party is exactly the same until i needed merchant or something
never finished it due to my save getting corrupt

looking to play it again from the start

Just wait til you get to the point where you can unlock Luminary.

The quests required to unlock classes made me quit the game due to how annoyingly random they are.

Why must all figurine selling sites and screenshots never include the upskirt shots? It's the worst feeling of being powerless to know what is under

It hurts a lot.

Yeah, that whole thing always left a bad taste, especially since he was the one who was practically begging MC to go on adventures and shit and then he bails as soon as he comes across some girl he barely knows, good thing it all worked out in the end because RPG plots.

I imagine part of what made that experience worse for some people is the class change temple stealing all of your abilities and magic shortly after, a situation where he would have been extremely useful with his high STR.

Anyone else super-grinded to win the "you're supposed to lose" battle against the gang? I love that it was optional to win and didn't railroad you into failure like shittier RPGs tend to do.

Man, that job system was so stupid.

No argument here, lots of problems with that system.
Should've just made something like a second exp bar for the classes.

The signs have been pretty obvious, but somehow it seems like most people completely missed them.

CERO's been getting worse every year. There are lots of examples, but one good one is Dragon Quest VIII. It was rated A 13 years ago, but when the 3DS version was released in 2015 they had to censor arm stabbing, forced dog food eating, thighs, and some other things, and all the other stuff (that mostly affects Jessica) that you know of, in order for it to get an A rating. Oh, and they changed Marcello's backstory so his father had a fling with a commoner before he got married, because I guess infidelity is also too much for an A rating now.

The worst part is that the USA version is still rated T, but they didn't put the effort of uncensoring everything. Not only that, the 3DS versions DO look like they have improvements over the original versions, but they took quite a few steps back in doing all of these changes.

Also, where is the love for Jessica Albert? I don't know a lot about DQ other than some of this censorship stuff going on and how influential early PnP and western CRPGs was on it. She is making me want to play DQ8 and that is saying something.

Dude, she's like second only to Bianca in popularity.

Guess I thought there would be more waifufaggotry.

New game; most talk centers around that until enough time passes.

I am in a self-induced diabetic high on sugar and binge watching this crap while giggling like an absolute retard.

… Good for you, you slimy prick.

She's the only Dragon Quest waifu most westerners even know about. When Dragon Quest Heroes came out all the Jewtubers were whining because the game spent too much time on characters that "no one knows" and not enough on her.

Yeah, most didn't play 5 at all. The only officially released English version was on the DS and only a small number of copies were made because the DS version of 4 didn't sell that well.

Well it'd be kind of hard to get into the only localized version being the DS port which had the usual accent and puns fucking up the characterization in it along with DQIVs massive bastardization keeping people away or on edge with the thought of buying any of the DQ DS ports.
Besides she's overrated as fuck and a horses sloppy seconds.

I didn't know dhoulmagus was voiced by dio in the 3ds jap dub version. This is just a bonus.

That's the one thing people enjoyed pointing out the most leading up to the Japanese release.

If they get the opportunity they should kill themselves. Bianca and her daughter are top tier DQ waifus, along with Maribel.
Of course the best waifu is Pippa.

FUCK. YOU. M8

Also, Jahmi was a baby-fucking horse faggot. Not that I let him diddle my kids, unlike you.

But user, I haven't gotten to DQV yet; playing them in order so she isn't my daughter yet but she's still YOURS.

Delete this

why

DO NOT TREAT BEST DAUGHTER LIKE THIS

stop it

Delete this shit right fucking now, horsefag

Delete this shit right fucking now, horsefag

Does anyone else prefer Erdrick/Loto's equipment to the Zenithian equipment?