Far Goy 3

Why did jewbisoft move away from the farcry 2 formula instead of improve on it?
The editor in f2 was the most robust there was.
Why didn't people kick up a fuss about a man getting raped by a woman but switch these two characters around and feminists would declare world war 3?
Will we ever get a decent farcry again /v.?

No, user. Stop making dumb threads for shit games by shit companies.

I'm just so upset that we could not get an improvement on the far cry 2, it really have a desperate feeling as you played.
I'm currently trying to refind that youtube video that explained the game in a very eloquent way, post it if you know what I'm talking about.

found it

I wish more games had nigger killing

checked.
unfortunately these days it's considered wrong think to even say the word nigger.

I've been asking that question ever since it came out. Truthfully, Farcry 2 did the job well, but even so the edges were kinda frayed. It wasn't gritty and depressing to have guards respawn at their posts when you're basically out of LOS, it was irritating. The tone was pretty much perfect otherwise though, I just wish it hadn't been rushed out the door, they missed a really great opportunity by doing that. If it was more fleshed out maybe we would have seen civilians caught in the crossfire, fires actually burning entire villages and fields rather than just 20 meters squared for each Molotov you threw, soldiers going about their daily business in between fighting the war, soldiers hunting and going after YOU actively and soldiers being transported to location via jeep/truck, rather than just irreverent respawning at/around location. As it was, anything that was between missing was very Ubisoft, but I felt like it was nice that getting between objectives could be a mission in and of itself.

Farcry 2 was a good game, the execution wasn't Amazing, but it definitely delivered. If it hadn't been rushed, I think it would have had a more lasting effect on normalfags

*Mission

this is exactly why it would have been amazing to build upon and improve on what was already there instead of making the world a free for all playground.
What I do not get is why they need to fuck about with something that's good with "muh wider audience appeal power fantasy" bullshit.

Far Cry 2 even had good multiplayer, fuck.

The map editor let you do some cool shit, and the color palette and foliage/underbrush in maps let you actually be stealthy. The dart rifle was amazing for this. Also I think FC2 was one of the first FPS games to implement sliding from sprint.

>one of the two VAs for generic soldiers ended up playing the gay rapist Buck in 3

That would be the easiest war to win. Turn off the internet.

The rumor/urban legend I've heard was that the VO was sped up to make the files smaller. I always thought that was bullshit because there are so many other better ways to compress audio, but there you go.

They even fired the director of 2
Never expect anything but shit from Ubishit

But is he wrong?

This might have weight if you could actually stealth though outposts, but they're staffed exclusively with psychic bush niggers who frequently spawned inside level geometry.

Far Cry 2 was dogshit aswell. Dropped within a week for me, refunded that shit after i grew tired of the single-player and the multiplayer.

The first game was the only good one.

isn't this the goy from the conan o brien show?

Don't know, but I do know he's the hammer dude va from wreck it ralph.

you cant rape the willing, OP

he was clearly drugged and you only find out he's being fucked as you come out of the hallucination, I'm pretty sure it would count as rape but even if it wasn't and you switch the genders imagine the shit storm it would create.

I'll probably see you there

Jason definitely wanted to fug her for a while, he was into it. It wasn't rape.

I just know him as the "My passion is puppets." guy from a tv commercial, I think it was a Geico one.

Every time you try to drive by an outpost your car will slow down until another car catches up with you. Since you can't shoot, you have to get out of your car, shoot a bunch of guys, and then repair your car.

The game where enemies only drop broken weapons so you have to do side missions to buy better weapons which degrade at a rate that the Stalker devs would consider cheeky.

The game with bullet sponge enemies, and no AI allies because scripting is hard

The game where you constantly have to get malaria pills

You absolutely HAVE to install mods to play this game. It's worse than Fallout New Vegas in terms of functionality.

10/10 African Bush simulator

If ubisoft ever makes a good game again I'll shit and lick the turd.

ok

New Vegas ran fine for me. I played it for over 100 hours with a tiny number of crashes and bugs, especially for a game built on Bethesda's tech. I will never understand this "NV is broken" meme.

on PC there are plenty of noticeable bugs, but especially the bath house at the white glove society.
IIRC there are somewhere in the neighborhood of 100+ major coding errors in the area's scripts that have been identified. Just being in there is likely to cause a CTD and it can sometimes outright hang your computer. Fixit mods have never fully fixed the bath house.

That's bizarre. I never had an issue in there. Not saying I don't believe you. It's just weird to hear. I've 100%ed that game, and the bathhouse was never a problem area for me. Strange.

Both games will run with minimal modification at this point, but for Far Cry 2 to be a fun experience as a game, I had to install a mod that removed the decaying weapons, decreased enemy health, and increased vehicle health. Far Cry 2 is a broken mess in terms of meta, not engineering. On a technical level there are a lot of things missing from the design document. No neutral/friendly AI anywhere except the hubs is pretty pathetic.

The OG is still the best and always will be thes best followed by Blood Dragon for not giving a fuck.
Everything else is mediocre or straight up trash.

FarCry 2 animations don't even have an animation for when you deplete a magazine and its a boring repetitive mess which I wasted 6 hours on an then dropped for how fucking bad it was and still is.
It tries to be a sandbox but its nothing but a poorly designed mess with a great map.

This guy gets it. The original's large, semi-open levels are better than an open world that you have to drive through for 15 minutes before every mission.
Also mutants are cool.

Because it was terrible? Farcry 3 was the best one.

3 > 1 >>>>>> 4 >>>>>>>>>> garbage >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2

Never played Primeval. I think that's the name of it?

>>>/reddit/
>>>/cuckchan/

omnipotent enemies and boats and mortar you from another continent are not really great tbh.

3 was ok but the whole dude drugs lmao and muh normalfag grows into a serial killer muh ptsd blood thirst felt contrived.
4 was absolute shit with you playing against the good guys and siding with poo in the loos.
the caveman shit copy pasted farcry 4s map.
The biggest complaint I had was after 2 they kept using their shitty open world same formula of capturing towers and doing pointless quests.

Well yeah the story and characters were pretty terrible, but I wasn't really taking that into consideration. I'm not even sure why I hated 4. It was just immediately super boring to me when I tried it. Even if it may have been more of the same of 3, I guess it felt more soulessly manufactured? I thought the formula worked well with 3, but most importantly I liked how the guns felt.

fallout 4 was too much of a playground in the sense that "hey you can do whatever you want" without any challenge, it's no effort all reward and it devalues overcoming hurdles to get a reward.

vomit > piss >>>> shit >>>>>> sex with your mom >>>>>>>>> your opinion

Because Far Cry 2, despite its interesting ideas, was a bit shit and fixing it would have been a lot of work. It's much easier to churn out a Far Cry 3 every now and then and it'll actually be more popular with the average casual than a hypothetical fixed Far Cry 2 would be.

General (read; Casual) Audience is larger than Niche Audience.

Debatable.

No. The Far Cry 2 was objectively shit. Omniscient sniper guards with detection radius greater than the draw distance? Instantly respawning camps that create seemingly invisible omniscient guards inside walls, granting them the ability to see through geometry? Autoaim grenade launcher and mortar enemies that can SHOOT YOU FROM OUTSIDE OF THE FUCKING RENDERING DISTANCE, WITH NO VISUAL OR SOUND INDICATOR THAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO BE BLOWND UP! In a car driving straight? Blown up. Sneaking up on a camp? Blown up (by dude from other camp seeing you through his infinite detection sniper inside a wall, looking through walls and bushes no problem). Random road patrol? Automatic grenade launcher. Blown up.
Fuck. That. Shit. Game.

>>>Holla Forums

Not only is vomiting an entirely avoidable bodily function which is uncomfortable to do, but it's also more acidic than piss and generally tends to have nasty chunks of half-digested food in it. Preferring vomit to piss is pretty fucking reddit-tier, tbh.

Yeah, I gave up 4 after you get to that one tower and have to fight off waves of enemies, it was completely boring. FC3 instantly grips you, and there was one scene where the protagonists talks with that blonde female on winning, she referencing her swimming and him telling her that that's what it feels like when he's out killing. I liked the idea of some boring frat boy going native but it could have been handled better, and the fact the natives are no more likeable than the pirates or the mercenaries didn't help much. I'll never understand why Ubisoft tries so hard to make everyone in the cast of all their games unlikeable, except the villains occasionally.

"You know you're on 8ch when…" the post.

Do I need to post the Furry-Splaining Piss-Play comic? Are we at that point yet?

That's disgusting picture. It would be better if you posted with piss instead.

Be careful what you wish for man.

Okay.

Nah.

Oh jesus I was expecting a dong to flop out and let flow with the piss but shit that's a girl.

Alright this person has a mental illness.

How the fuck does this "person" make an income off their work? How has she not killed herself yet? This is not art.

The "performance art" didn't tip you off?

Not just one fridge, the freak stashed her piss at her friend's houses too. This is the pinnacle of Western culture, this is what 4000 years of artistic development and experimentation have led us to.

Is that from the new The Last of Us?

Cuckchan and neofags left this place a wasteland of pretenders fighting over hipster cred.

And now the Holla Forums is dead fags come from the woodworks?

Far Cry on PC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Far Cry 2 on PC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Far Cry Primal with no leveling up anything >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> dog shit >>>> that Far Cry remake on shittybox360>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Far Cry 4>>>>>>>>>>> Far Cry KILL WHITE CISMALES >Far Cry DUDE WEED LMAO

KILL YOURSELF

Using greater-than correctly > someone who doesn't use greater-than correctly

IM A FUCKING ENGINEER KIDDO, YOU GOTTA KILL YOURSELF BEFORE YOUR CANCEROUS TASTES INFECTS MORE PEOPLE

DO IT

Do it please user, this thread needs it.
Shit > piss > vomit

FC2 was fucking terrible.

reminder Crysis was the real Far Cry 2
the funny thing is it also went to shit with 2nd game

what about niggers killing niggers

This is my fetish

Pretty much
And this is how Crytek dies

Don't forget that Roberts bought out all their coding talent for his Starship Titanic.

It's sad how Thief and FC2 are the only stealth games I enjoy. The entire genre is flooded with casuals who need shit like maps telling you where all the enemies are and 3rd person, because they can't deduce where the enemies are or broken abilities and shit to make up for their shittyness. It's like the FPS genre if every single game had autoaim.

Hipster/v/ is like a bizarro neogaf, where only the most retarded get upboated

Do you have brain damage?

I honestly think with the current "le hard game xd" meme going on we can try to get some good games out of it provided they use actual game balance and decent design instead of just using cheap shit like bullet sponge enemies or shitty handling of your character that causes them to control like a person with brain damage and calling it a feature at the end of the day.
I want to be optimistic but deep inside I know it's a fleeting hope at best.

The "Dark Souls is hard" trend is only going to give you artificial difficulty and Rougue randomized design.
But yeah, some gems have came out thanks to it.

Check my dubs, your webm is disgusting.

I think it may be actually illegal to transport that shit under fake premise and lies.

Far Cry 2 had so much potential, given some tweaking and some expansion it very well could have been S.T.A.L.K.E.R with a much higher concentration of niggers. I like Far Cry 2 more for what could have been, more than what it actually is.

The sequels did a few things better, like actually competent stealth mechanics, but I can't stand Ubisoft's fucking chore list open world design. It's all so fucking static, why is it so hard for devs to grasp that having an open world that actually feels alive is the only reason to fucking make one. Even janky open world games understand this concept, if you're going to section everything off into little circles of design, why even bother?

My theory:

Far Cry 2 was too high brow

I've always reckoned that it is not COMPANIES that are shit but the CONSUMERS. Do I blame Ubisoft or Bethesda or the 10 million people who buy from them?

FC2 had some of the most irritating and pointless mechanics of any game to date, on top of instantly respawning enemies due to console RAM limitations.

I forgot dark messiah also

FC2's levels are actually very well designed for stealth, it's just that there's a lot of bullshit like enemies seeing through foliage, snipers have no laser, and monolithic AI where if one sees you they all know where they are. Giving you situations like, you get seen for half a second by a guard but shoot him in the face before he says anything you'll still be detected, or all the enemies know where you are before you even get close to the base because a sniper you didn't even know was there saw you.

I only used the silent marakov, dart rifle/mortar, and any primary. A headshot with the silent markov is also always a 1shot, insanely accurate with pinpoint crosshairs, and if you miss the head you get caught and die anyways. My primary I basically used in the forced fighting sections.

As for taking on the missions, I usually save before I get anywhere near the base, because the game is extremely unforgiving and getting caught usually = death. This actually gives it a strong feeling of being somewhere you aren't suppose to be and if you get caught you're in some serious shit. Sometimes I can do it in one go, but if I can't there's an untold number of ways to tackle a situation so I can tweak my strategy and approach it differently.

This is also the only game where killing feels absolutely necessary and risky at the same time. You can't hide bodies, you can't melee or press 5 to instantly kill the dude you need to get a headshot every single time (Unless you use the dart rifle), and there might be a guy looking at the guy you're trying to kill. Combined with the fact that there are no shadows that make you invisible or OP powerups like teleporting around. If you're going to pick off a guard you have to be smart about it and assess how likely it is for someone to find his body.

It just gives this real strong feeling of "Stealth is not only viable but the best way to do things" where as most stealth games I could just gun everyone down with no problem or abuse the OP abilities, have to ignore half the mechanics because they're broken, and have to play with artificial limitations I set for myself which just isn't fun for me.

You mean wall hacks, ninja knife takedowns and the ability to drop the stealth shit at any time and kill everyone.

This
You may swallow the plastic crap they feed you, it it doesn't make it good.
1 and 2 were abymal and based on false advertising.
1 was a linear piece of restrictive shit, and 2 was just driving around an empty map with constant respawns in exactly the same places.
Shit games, shit company.

no one is arguing the game was perfect and without it's flaws, we just wish they would have improved and built upon what was already there instead of rebooting it and going for a dude bro shooter.

Managed to cause a seriously grooved frowning furrow in my forehead with that end part.
Fucking faggot coopted neet piss bottles.

Worst part is demonstrating pissing into a yellow tub at the end of the video.
Just think, every single one of those degenerate friends and that monster have money, houses, cars, they eat food and take up resources.
They should be exterminated and those resources better used.

See
It was awful.
The original Mount and blade single player was less repetitive than far cry 2.

I wasn't bashing even 2. If they fixed the AI and did something better with outposts (or removed them) it'd be perfect for me.

my bad user I meant to reply to

I reinstalled because I want to do more snooping around and everyone in this thread complaining about bullet sponge enemies is confirmed a casual. Even with the shitty ass starting pistol a headshot is a 1-shot kill.

That being said I remember how unfinished parts of this game felt. Safe houses alone could have been done 100x better and the diamond hunting mini-game is fucking retarded. Imagine:

I think they spread themselves out too thin. Level design is still 10 out of 10

Flawed fucking gem of a game.

We'll never get a proper nigger killing simulator sadly.

Git gud.

Fucking millenials.

Did you enjoy the high quality Far Cry 3 DLC that was clearly designed to be a scripted tech demo that only went where the camera was scripted to go because all the knocked over tables were unfinished models and a scripted cutscene of Brody being scared of fucking dogs played?

You suck. Git gud.

Holy fuck the absolute mess that was Crysis 2. This is what happens when you go from making PC games to consolefagging. You know when they released Crysis 1 for the consoles, they not only ruined it by turning all the suit powers into Crysis 2's and dumbing down the AI, they also cut out a mission because the shitbox couldn't handle something Call of Duty Black Ops did?

That's a funny way of spelling "make everyone retarded until one person sees you, you miss a SUPPRESSED (100% silent in the game) shot, and/or don't kill a person in one single hit, then everyone knows where you are from 3 miles away through entire mountains".

Shit opinion, shit poster.

That's how stealth already works in FC2.

It's easier to make money on "cinematic" power fantasies than African Malaria and Diamond War Simulators

Sounds like FC4 = casualized for the normalfags for tons of shekels.

The original Far Cry was a slog to get through. The AI would just automatically know where you were and were massive bullet sponges. The game also had a massive difficulty spike halfway through it that ruined the game. IT's easily the most awkward FPS from that era (2002-2005) and I'm unsurprised it rarely gets talked about outside of just being the first Cryengine game.

The original Xbox remake of FC1 was vastly superior to the first game in terms of story and gameplay

don't forget the boat that motars you from another continent away.

Why is no one talking about how op's pic? What happens in the games is that she drugs you and then rapes you.

No one cares about french interracial cuck porn.

Wrong. That was only the shitty 1.4 or something patch Steam forced installed that broke the AI, the game itself is far better.
>>>/bog/