Buy my cheats pls :^)

>while looking for a download button realize they actually expect you to buy their fucking trainers, not even some faggy donate button, but flat out "buy now".
When in God's name did this become acceptable? I rarely use cheats like this because I usually don't stick with a game much longer after I've completed it, but what the hell man. Apparently there are idiots out there who would actually pay for cheat codes, let that sink in for a minute. Who the fuck are these people?
We are now entering an age where people will have to pirate trainers.

ARE I NOT ENTITLED TO COMPENSATION FOR MY WORK?
WHAT ARE YOU POOR?
WOW BRO ITS JUST A FEW DOLLARS SURELY YOU CAN AFFORD THAT?
YOU SHOULDNT CHEAT THEN.

.t poorfag

cheatengine is free you know.

Any game that doesn't let you open the console and use it to cheat is shit. Prove me wrong. Pro tip: you might be able to

that's genius actually
if you're so dumb you can't use CE, you're probably dumb enough to pay for trainers and shit

Writing cheats for online games is a million dollar business, user. There are stories of people who became millionaires making world of warcraft cheats, and many of them never got caught, normally because they live in a country where it's not illegal, blizzard does knock on your door with a team of lawyers. People pay for all kinds of shit.
Paid single player cheats are some top jewry though.

I can't argue with these quads though.

If playing the game annoys people so much then why bother with a trainer? Why not just stop playing it period?

boy oh boy

nice

Honestly, I cheat so rarely that I never had to use CE, so I actually don't know how to use it, but that only makes it more baffling. Why pay some faggot when you can probably do the same thing yourself? Hell, I remember years ago there were tons of sites that offered free trainers like that. When and how did this change?

Which is what I'm talking about. I never bothered with online ones because 9 out of 10 times they were shady shit.

Because a game can be fun, but have certain things hidden away behind padding that you may not want to slog through a second or third time.

Online cheating is nigger-tier unless you're cheating on some shitty game like whatever ubisoft is up to right now in which case you're the hero we need.
I don't understand my younger brother, he has never not cheated on a game multiplayer or not. He can't touch a game and not cheat on it, it's just incompatible with him.

Give or take some ten to fifteen years ago. Cheat happens were a forerunner from what I remember.

I remember trying an aimbot for CoD4 years ago, got bored of it real quick. Was fun to see people rage at you for a bit though.
Does he at least play them without cheats first or something? If not that's some instant gratification addiction right there. He'll probably grow out of it.

He'll find random f2p games and download a cheat at the same time he downloads the game. Normally it's shooters like MARS, combat arms, sudden strike and planetside 2. Then he'll try to subtly cheat until he gets banned and do it again.
He rarely plays single player games (which he cheats the same way in), he'll mostly touch f2ps because he's underage so he can only get the paid games our parents buy, and they won't buy the games faster than he gets banned in them.

You weren't joking. Holy Christ.

You ever play vidya with him?

Oldschool SNES/Genesis copier scene (originating in the C64 warez scene) had the best trainers/cracktros.

Some legends include Elitendo, Anthrox, Paradox, Romkids, TRSi.

Allways annoys me when i end up buying some jrpg that's ported badly or is just in general grindy piece of shit with crappy gameplay but i want to just play it through to enjoy the story but looking for free trainer is a pain in the ass.

Fucking nips, learn to make your games so they dont need cheats to get through without growing bored of grindan or due to bullshit encounters/difficulty.

buying cheats has been a thing since game genies and game sharks

MrAntiFun always has free trainers. Don’t use anyone but him (except when GameCopyWorld has trainers with more options).

Dont forget Cheathappens trainers are malware and monitor your PC for competitors then ban you from the service if you use them.

Is this what happens when nerds get power or run a business?

You bet your fucking ass it does user.

wew lad

That has been a thing for decades.

I don't know when but the cheat engine tables have been taken down. it might be related.

fairy fencer stone quests, fuck that shit

Thank goodness it was as simple as changing the exp value in cheat engine.

(heiled)

is actually one of the games where i recommend to cheat first because it makes it more like traditional jrpg where the normal enemies are harmless and the bosses hard as shit, it also gives you time to understand the mechanics better. then after your first arcana it just becomes so easy that you pretty much restart legit to keep the challenge going.

infinite health? curse and overkill still kill your units, also full health prevents tension gain, so you can say goodbye to all remnant arts.
frozen health also slows down stat gain so you might as well be playing with generic soldiers
full morale makes the bosses hit harder, some gain extra turns (namul niram) or attacks (animalcule from generic bees is a thing)
infinite timeshift cannot be canceled once started, and battles last up to an hour each.

i might be miss remembering some of these, its been a while since i last cheated in it

You think that's bad? There are fanfiction writers using patreon right now.
Although I know of one that only uses it to share writing tips since apparently he writes for some magazine or some shit.

I dont cheat in videogames, wtf is a trainer?

HMM… I wonder how this could have happened.

I spotted the same while looking for something for Elex to right my Cold level, thankfully there's free cheat tables available for most games on the CE site but I totally agree it's fucking hatstand to think you could charge for that shit and actually rope some poor cunt into coughing up.

Yeah that's the pricks, it really makes you wonder how many have actually paid.

Your little brother sounds like he desperately needs to get his ass kicked.

Actually that's been a thing since like, 2002.
Most faggots gave up and hosted for free.

Extremely rare because he doesn't really develop skills for vidya because he always cheats, and he's just a dislikable person + he will only ever touch trash.
For instance I tried to play a bunch of mega drive games with him but he never got the simple controls on stuff like streets of rage so he gave up on old games, I think he was just pretending since I lied and told him the games were too old to have cheats and that killed his interest.
I tried to play borderlands 2 with him but he would throw tantrums if I didn't let him have every single piece of loot including the ones he didn't need. Borderlands 2 ended because he threw a screaming autist tantrum for about 1 minute while I giggled because there was a good loot drop after a boss and I picked it up, he "let" me have it but he wanted me to tell him what it was so he could cheat it in which I didn't. He smacked the screen of his laptop against the keyboard so hard the screen shattered and then he got out of his room and came to the kitchen where I was and tried to hit me, I'm 10 years older so I punched him in the side of his jaw. He cried until he choked in his own tears and threw up, then he called our parents who made me go home.

What the fuck is the last symbol?
An astronaut with a trypophobia-inducing face charging at a banana?

Not sure if bait
Sure we got fucking loads od cuckchanners and NeoFAG refugees lately

nigger

Not even a fucking cuckchanner would be this ignorant. Please leave.

You need to leave.

yeah, i didnt get it first, i though it was a Buddhist symbol or something, but then i remembered the intro of bioshock 1 and its a reference of that

Okay that's pretty funny.

its an external program that lets you play in unintended ways, for example, unlimited lives, unlimited ammo, extra money, or to directly modify your stats or to unlock items you haven't earned by the game rules

link me up, because the last time i checked they were gone

This is no different than those cheatcode books or GameShark products.

Oh shit I remember buying one of those, they made the games that much more fun because you could fuck around, and you didnt have to fucking grind.

Bullshit! but i believe it.

Well, yeah. It's important for developers to not try to lock their software away from users. How are users going to fix bugs the developers never bothered to fix themselves in such a case? How are users going to extend the game with mods in such a case? How is the game going to be kept playable in the future once our current kinds of computers are obsolete and incompatible in such a case?

Of special note for a really fucking egregious example of this is that Metro 2033 has its SDK built into the game itself. Except that it's actually nowhere to be found in the version of the game that was given out to the public - it was only discovered in a leaked development build a few years ago. Generally whenever a game doesn't have its SDK released to the public my thought process is "I guess they just forgot about it", but in this case they had to have deliberately torn it out of the only fucking version of the game they would ever expect to leave their studio in Ukraine. Absolute bullshit.

Sort of reminds me when I fucked around with Chrono Cross and acquiring all the stars. Turns the game into essentially only using the characters with the highest base stats as well as turning boss fights into a fucking slog.

New Vegas agrees with you. Ave, true to House

20 years ago, you fucking newfag. shit's been there since the dawn of the Internet.

Even the UFC are hijacking computers and making them bitcoin miners.

Cheathappens trainers have always been behind a paywall AFAIR… and they're older than Google, probably older than you OP.
Both Cheat Engine and Cosmos are free though.
Their philosophy is quite simple:
Here are the tools and some tutos.
Pay up you entitled little fuck.

Their philosophy is quite right.

You would unironically defend paid mods if they were good enough in your understanding. Get the fuck off my board.

Nice going there chaim.
All cheat happens does is tax laziness, it's piss easy to use the software they do give you FOR FREE to have the exact same result.
It just means you're gonna have to put a little effort into it and learn a new skill.
If you're too fat and too entitled to even do that do you really blame them for sharpening the harpoons?

and of course is a mod is good enough it should be sold. Ever played CS, DOTA 2, Team Fortress, DayZ, etc…
The ugly truth is 99.9% of mods aren't good enough that's why charging for them is ridiculous and would immediately kill the mod scene.

I remember buying a playstation magazine that had a gameshark cd DEMO, it had limited cheats for just 5 games. I only got it because it had cheats for san andreas.

Weird fucking time we live in.

I'm not saying you should pay these people, but for fucks sake user, that's a retarded argument.
You can "probably" do just about fucking anything. Why pay for an airline ticket when you could "probably" fly the plane yourself? It's inane.
You pay for expertise, you pay for convenience, and you pay for having someone else do the thinking for you. If you'd rather do it yourself - bravo and kudos to you, because that's a healthy attitude to have. If you want other people to do shit for you and you still don't want to compensate them, then you're just a typical faggot.

Of course, we're talking about trainers here, which are typically just hex tables wrapped in light lua scripting. How much is a reasonable price for such a trainer? Maybe 10 cents per hour it took to make? Not much, but more than zero if you're unwilling to just learn to use cheat engine and hack your games yourself - which you should just get off your ass and do because it's fucking easy.

No, that's not why and you should know better than this.

A default properly modded Bethesda game (you can pick any at all, they all need desperate salvaging) takes a minimum of 150 mods until it's half-decent. 200 at least to make something that's similar to having fun, more if you actually want quality.
Charge a single buck for each mod and you end up paying the price of a console just to mod a game to what it should be to begin with.

Now couple this with the "mobile game dev" mentality since it also applies here, where instead of making a fuck huge mod that takes a lot of hours to create, you spend that same amount of time making 20 different smaller, less interesting mods. Individually you'll definetely get less money for them, but all together will net far more since you're widening the target audience for the same amount of time invested.
The result? Instead of a mod that overhauls weapon making into it's own autistically complex sub-system, you get 20 recolors of the same 5 swords.

If you want to make a distinction between the other user's asinine claim, mods are works of passion and that's all the pay they should ever get, the modder makes it because he wants to use it and in the process shares it with the comunity. Trainers aren't really used by those that made them since they can use the free tools anyway, so they are making them especially for the cunts too dumb to learn how to hack it, that's why they charge for them, because that's the only thing that justifies making them in the first place.

Whole lotta shit examples. Standalones aren't mods either, DayZ is probably one of the worst fucking offenders kill yourself.

/thread