Grand Theft Auto V is now the best selling video game of all time

archive.is/kEMsr

There is no God.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

good let it all burn. You faggots need to just let go of AAA already and just ignore it.

Gas yourself OP. Also shame on you Americlapistanis.

Could there even br a AAA title more undeserving of this though?

The article is retarded. 85 million is the best selling in general AFAIK. I can't recall a game that's sold more. I think the previous record holder was a Mario title that sold something like 84 million

Even better than Super Mario Bros.? That one which comes bundled with every single famiclone?

This is not new.

Apparently no, Tetris and Minecraft are above it.
I know. Sue me.

wow it's nothing

Pretty sure bootleg copies aren't counted. Mario Bros. Sold 40 million

It was Wii Sports and it was like 81 million but that was bundled with the Wii. Otherwise it's Tetris I think

It doesn't matter which one it was. AAA will never make good games. Anons need to stop getting so pissy when they sell, thats their entire point. Be shallow, and make sales.

You people seem to have trouble actually using your brain

one google search

>Excluding mobile sales, the best-selling video game of all time is Grand Theft Auto V with 85 million units sold,[6]

Thinking is hard sometimes I know

Notice the extra "now" in the topic and no hyphen in "best selling". The OP didn't simply fuck up the pasting, she deliberately typed a misguiding headline to grab your attention.
Yall niggas posting in a troll thread.

Is GTA V a meme game?

I mean ok, GTA 3, GTA Vice City..

But GTA V? Le open world, le cream of the crop AAA game, le fun, le look at me Niko, i'm bowling

It's the ultimate meme game

15 Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

totally forgot that existed

The Sims Maxis Electronic Arts January 31, 2000 Multi-platform 16,000,000

wtf

Whats wrong with this though? With mods this is a really fun game. Its physics and gameplay is solid enough to be fun. Make obstacle courses, races, arbitrary games with freinds, deathmatch arenas etc. You can make sky bridges and have a free aim old style dual. I dont get why people are shitting on people liking this game. Get some fucking imagination and enjoy games again instead of being faggots.

To me it just feels so painful watching people as undeserving as Rockstar get so much credit for an otherwise bare-bones lame experience

It's getting so boring and repetitive seeing the same "oh wow normalfags ruin everything, who'dve thunk it?" discussion day after day.
I wish these things still made me disappointed but I've grown so accustomed to everything getting worse and worse, that I expect nothing but.
How do you anons keep enough hope for the world to the point of getting depressed and in the mood for LARPing "kill all the media execs, kill all the normos, vidya war now xD" all the time?
The only explanation is that the lot of you seem to be new, and not used to seeing your favorite hobby getting raped by money grabbing and corporate pandering. Maybe I'm blogposting out of my ass, and I'm just not as passionate about gaems as you, and I just overdosed on blackpills, but something is off here.

this is called moving goalposts

God this place gets dumber every passing second. Of course it's the best selling, gaming is bigger than it has EVER been, gta has a FUCKTON of ads, is even known to people outside of gaming as "that one game with the shooting and prostitutes", and has mass appeal. This should come as a surprise to absolutely fucking NO ONE.

well no shit, who didn't see this one coming?

It hasn’t even touched the Wii sports numbers. This article is fake news.

I would just like to argue that mobile games that cost cents to buy are not in the same market segment as 60 dollar console games.

If anything it shows games SHOULD move to a net grossing model for gaugeing success like Hollywood. Because although GTA V is the "best selling" I don't think it's anywhere near the highest grossing simply because it's nultiplatform thus has to deal with licensing fees. Likewise the best selling mobile games are also nowhere near the highest grossing because they're so cheap. The highest grossing game is probably a Nintendo Game and/or WoW from it's heyday

Do normalfags not give a shit about controls? Because Rockstar games control like shit. They have huge input delay, you still have to tap A repeatedly to run, aiming is either absolutely unwieldy (if lock-on is disabled) or so easy as to be nonexistent (if lock-on is enabled).
I can't play any Rockstar games because of this, despite wanting to get into their games. The only one I managed to play and enjoy was L.A. Noire, and that was precisely because you so rarely have to aim or run, due to the general lack of emphasis on action.

Well, better Rockstar games that have long development cycles, shitloads of content, and minimal DLC fuckery, than some Ubisoft piece of shit.

Anyone with a brain knows its not about the core game, its about its modding potential. Modders made this the best selling game of all time and we can only hope this builds a bridge between the modding community and developers.

TELL ME ARE YOU A COMPLETE FOOL OR SOMETHING

Yup. Dot-com culture.

You're delusional you faggot. Modding is a niche thing. GTA V sold this much because of the previous games were widely popular and succesful. Grand Theft Auto is a well known franchise around the world, the game where you get chased by cops and can do whatever you like. It's like saying Star Wars is popular because of the Expanded Universe-writings.

But still, it did more than 3x the sales of GTA IV. That's insane.

Tetris which has sold 120 Million copies

FUCKING KILL ME