Holla Forums sings - MixingFag wants to make music edition

Hey Holla Forums,

It's MixingFag again. How long has it been since we've made a Holla Forums sings? People bitch about it but I actually enjoy mixing and mastering shit together and singing vidya songs.

So tell me Holla Forums, are you down? If so, start linking songs you'd like to sing and if you agree with someone, then reply to that post saying you want to sing it. I'll put the 10 that people seem to want the most in a poll and we'll go from there.

BTW, I actually have experience and knowledge of mixing and mastering tricks and techniques and I'll try my best to make the best sounding Holla Forums sings ever. I'd post my music that I've made to prove it but I doubt anyone cares so you'll just have to take my word for it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eAH2sAzAuWU
youtube.com/watch?v=qV6yS8k01-E
youtube.com/watch?v=kBn73a2m_tY
soundcloud.com/avesena/machine
youtube.com/watch?v=Z6NaZrPQGfY
youtube.com/watch?v=mgNoVqZWq_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=kIQG2OEiUQQ
youtu.be/2_zAxPqKa8Y
youtu.be/eFVj0Z6ahcI
youtu.be/Fe52EFb0Ccg
youtu.be/M9aF9_mZDyY
youtu.be/e9r5hx47kxM
poal.me/rzuyle
youtu.be/JaAw63qdkAo
picosong.com/wnjzA/
picosong.com/wnjHr/
picosong.com/wnjGD
picosong.com/wnmKx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

FUCKING DAYTONA ALREADY LET'S DO IT YOU TURBONIGGER

This might be a bit much, but I think we should edit the lyrics of this so it's the 2nd dimension and sing it.

YOU GOT THE POWER
YOU GOT THE MIGHT
GET READY FOR BATTLE
BEAT THE BLACK KNIGHT

We got some actual choices now with odyssey and sonic forces.
MY VOTE IS FOR THAT EDGY INFINITE SONG FROM FORCES

ITS JUST THE RIGHT SILLY AND CRINGE

I love the enthusiasm. I actually enjoy Daytona and I'll vote for that. Also, is there anyway to tripfag on here? I haven't been on Holla Forums in forever.

Also, if anyone wants to listen to the three Holla Forums sings I did there all right here.

youtube.com/watch?v=eAH2sAzAuWU
youtube.com/watch?v=qV6yS8k01-E
youtube.com/watch?v=kBn73a2m_tY

Forgot to say this, but good to see you again mixing fag. I loved singing sonic boom and the hounds

Trips and names were disabled so fuck

Glad you were there for them and remember me. Happy to be here doing this again, it's lots of fun.

Is this even video game related?

Good meme, too slow in my opinion and barely video game related.

Pretty edgy and catchy, wouldn't mind singing it but I doubt many people would want to.

Not bad.

Nah son, not Holla Forums the musical time where we rewrite shit, it Holla Forums sings time where we choir shit.

Did halfchan even do a musical this year?

They do it every year? I wasn't into it anyway because I prefer having fun.

what the fuck is shit

Halfchan made their bed and shit in it long ago.
They don't even do E3.

I never did one of these since those cucks culled the it ain't me one a while ago

I recommend you look at the three Holla Forums sings I did. I consider them in higher quality compared to whatever half chan used to pull out their ass.
In my opinion, lets sing A Pirate I Was Meant to Be

That shit was a fucking beautiful moment in a good game, hard to explain how good a moment it was with no context of the importance of the song and situation. First minute or so of this.

What do you mean, they don't "do" E3? Do they not talk about it at all or something?

I hate these fucking gay Holla Forums sings threads, I wish they went away and die all over the fucking floor choking on it's last gasp for air. every single time it is not worth it, you tiny retard brain clicks with dopamine on the idea of participating with other retard brains in an orchestra of garbage because the already perfect song definitely needs a vocal assblast overlayed on top of the already fine and prestine music for no fucking reason. You have to be already deaf and your ass clogged with dicks to think "this is not going to be like the last singing thread, It's going to be good!", lying to yourself is still lying and liars are the worst and scummiest kinds of people. I fucking hate these fucking gay Holla Forums sing threads.

Fuck, why not sing King Dice's theme from Cuphead? It's short, sweet, and sounds alright even with a bunch of out of tune and rhythm fags from Holla Forums.

I too hate it when people have fun user.

I really think this would be fun too.

I thought it was a shitty Holla Forums sings at first.

That's cool man.

I actually really like this.

Bro I'd be down.

How about some current year music?

Cringe

Pretty catchy, could be fun to sing.

id be down

THIS

Go back to halfchan with this meme shit

If you're the same faggot that made this then you should've stayed gone.

If you're not and you have some actual talent I hope this thread goes well.

Persona 5 has at least 4 songs that are excellent candidates for a Holla Forums sings. Life Will Change (vid related), Last Surprise, Rivers in The Desert, and Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There. Beneath The Mask is also great, but might be too chill for this kind of thing.
I care enough to ask out of curiosity.

I still think that this should be saved for something at the scale of GamerGate, which forces sites that hate each other to work together again.

Try putting your heart into something once in a while.

Ye shall ask, ye shall receive.
soundcloud.com/avesena/machine

I guess you'll remain disappointed to know that I am MixingFag. But before you get all pissed off I want you to know that I've been studying music production for almost a year and have always been interested in music intensely for years of my life. I know techniques and tricks to get mixes sounding nice and full and not mashed together with a shit ton of distortion. I have proper mixing and mastering tools and not just Audacity this time around.

Also, forgot to say, I like your suggestion.

It's ok shill keep shitting this place up

Keep crying about something that's obviously vidya related and fun. You seem like the kind of kid that had birthday parties with no cake because your mom thought there was just too much sugar, and who got socks on Christmas.

We can't do it without another poll that gets manipulated to hell and back, user

When will you ahd the music to it?
You were supposed to add music to it in the background.

No thanks

I'd go for this but if not embed related

I can't listen to this song anymore without being reminded of how the Holla Forums musical went to complete shit.

Nice projection. I still think your mom loves you even without the cake user

The answer is simple.

Whatever you do it can't be worse than the EDF one.

Thanks, user! This is the song me and my wife married to.

Best one coming through

Yo OP, narrow this shit down to like 3-5 songs yourself. 10 is too much to choose from and shit won't get done like last time and you know it. Also make sure its vidya too.
Anyways I suggest either embed or
youtube.com/watch?v=Z6NaZrPQGfY

Hell maybe even 2-3

One

You what?
I'd argue that this should be lower priority than songs that are directly video games.

How are the others any different from Last Surprise? Ironic shitposting doesn't convince anyone of anything.

We did both of those aeons ago. They're some of the earliest ones.
youtube.com/watch?v=mgNoVqZWq_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=kIQG2OEiUQQ

Last surprise is flamboyant, has memetic factor

the others are "hella epic so serious"

What are you on about? All of them are flamboyant and have meme factor, and all of them ride a thin line between serious and goofy as shit. Last Surprise itself is basically the Navy Seals copypasta in song form.

damn that was a while ago. I'm scared to see what else i've forgotten

this is actually bretty gud.

I'd love to sing this one too but cuphead's one might be friendlier to an out-of-tune faggot like me

wHEN are THIS STARTING?

Sounds like fun.

Has been done already. Sorry.

Also done already.

Would sing but this is 1% vidya related.

I just started this thread last night. I'll probably make a poll in about an hour or two and we'll go from there.

So far, I've narrowed it down to;
1 DaytonaAAAAAa! youtu.be/2_zAxPqKa8Y
2 Last Surprise youtu.be/eFVj0Z6ahcI
3 CupHead - King Dice youtu.be/Fe52EFb0Ccg
4 FarCry Blood Dragon - Friends Forever youtu.be/M9aF9_mZDyY
5 Mario Odyssey - Jump Up, Super Star youtu.be/e9r5hx47kxM

This might be better suited. I also have flacs of the arcade songs

Also here's another sauce

YES

Thanks, that's the version I wanted from the last time someone suggested it.

Got it. I'll add it to the poll.

We done this yet? I feel like we should at some point.

that's why i want to sing it. fuck songs about beating the odds, saving the world, killing the bad guy or being the last man standing, let's all just yell DOOT DOOT DOOT into our mics and laugh and have fun

I like it.

I actually root for daytona when it comes up but sometimes, there's better songs and sometimes people don't want anything to do with it.

This
I even recorded a take for the last time we tried this but after (((polling))) everything went to shit

I think both are very much needed. War cry songs are the coolest, but you've gotta just have fun now and then, or you just wind up stewing in the dark times.

What a fucking goof. I like him.

Whatever we're doing, let's do it. I'm ready and rarin' to go.

Okay, I've thought long and hard now.
How about this shit.

I want mario but more so i want to get daytona done for once

FUCK I WANT THAT TOO

Start voting and we'll see what we sing.
poal.me/rzuyle

Im pulling for daytona cause we seriously need to get it done

and king dice cause goddam i wanna sing that

PUT THIS SHIT ON THE POLL

I guess it's confirmed that we're doing Daytona. Let me get cracking on some instructions for everyone to make this go as smoothly as possible.

Coming by to say i'll sing anything as long as it's not from a shit game.

PREPARE TO DOOT

To ensure everything goes correctly, I want to list a couple guidelines so that this doesn't take 2 weeks to do.
1. Use the link that I posted for the song so that everyone is already synced up. People failed to do this for
Rescure Girl and I wanted to kill myself because I had to sync A LOT of audio.
2. Download Audacity and do a test record. Say some things and add variation to your loudness. If you see any peaking
(Should be red), turn your mic down in audacity and/or move your mic from your face a bit until you don't peak anymore.
You'll lose bass response but I can fix that with EQ.
3. Record and sing. This is the easy part. Add your meme parts somewhere. If they overlap, usually the more funny ones
get used in certain spots. Export your track in 44.1Khz 16-bit .Wav or 320 KBPS MP3 if you have the codec. .Wav gives the
best quality, but remember that it will be way bigger than MP3.
4. Upload your track to picosong.com (NOT VOCAROO). This allows me to download your track at 320 KBPS MP3.
5. Watch your post and I will respond to it telling you that I got it. Please don't flood the thread asking me if I got
your track because I have no clue unless it's named properly. So if you want to, name it something unique.

youtu.be/JaAw63qdkAo

Can you provide a lossless option or is storage an issue?

picosong.com/wnjzA/
Now to post this before I sober up. Sorry for having an adjacent roommate practice ukulele.

Storage isn't an issue for me, but in the scope of things, even if we have only 10 people singing, 320 KBPS is good enough.

Got it.

And here it is. Just in time too as one of my neighbours has started to blast his music.
picosong.com/wnjHr/

Quick example of what not to do. I can fix this with compression, expansion and automation but please try to keep your audio levels at least somewhat similar.

Got it.

I’ll record as soon as I am in a place where i can get away with singing at a mic without waking everyone up! Any idea how long you’ll be taking submissions? I won’t be able to until tomorrow most likely.

so picosong is saying .wav is not acceptable, and i'm not seeing any 320kbps MP3 options for saving/exporting. am i retarded?

disregard, i am indeed retarded

picosong.com/wnjGD

Eventually people will stop submitting, so don't worry about how long I'm taking them.
Just get it done ASAP. I'd like to spend a week maximum on this.

Got it.

I'm the mixfag that did Dragdog and Aisle 10, I'll be lurking for backup in case current mixfag fucks it up royally like with EDF

That's fine. Will you be joining us? The more the merrier except in the case of Rescue Girl where I had to mix about 60 people in.

Not for Daytona. I think it's too long and too repetitive to turn out decently.

Yeah, I agree. But that's what everyone wanted to do, so we'll do it.

We also already tried Daytona (happy Asian man version) last time. I'm not sure if it was singing fatigue, but we only got 3 submissions out of the weeks of thread bumping. Hate to be an asshole but I'm expecting this to turn out more of the same.

Seems so since that's how many I've received yet 8 people voted for it.

picosong.com/wnmKx

Give it time faggot

I'm workin' on it. It's more complex than just hitting record, since there are overlapping vocal parts. Also, I didn't realize that I don't have the exact placements of the DOOTs down as well as I thought.

I'll put mine up tomorrow
Meanwhile add the music to this already OP
Its not even hard just put embed related on the background after a after 5 seconds

DO IT!!!

POLL IS HERE START VOTING

Got it. Wait…

Bump.

THIS

Whoever came up with this needs to go be a faggot somewhere else.

Haven't we done Daytona? Anyways, here's my suggestion.

Actually, this is fucking perfect.

We attempted the happy Asian man version but got a minimal amount of submissions. I have a suspicion that everyone voting for it doesn't actually want to sing it and it just fucking with the thread. This is the worst version of the song too since there's so little to sing and the entire song is two words that only cover 10% of the song.

THIS IS MISSILE DESTROYER GUMRAK OF THE GLORIOUS YUKTOBANIAN NAVY. WE CANNOT FOLLOW A FLEET COMMANDER WILLING TO SINK ONE OF HIS OWN SHIPS. WE WILL PROTECT PRIME MINISTER NIKANOR. ALL SHIPS WHO ARE WITH US, CHANGE COURSE AND FOLLOW US

MixFag here. Are we suggesting we should do cuphead instead? It would probably be more fun.

cuckchan did that ages ago.

Honestly I think sings are dead. The last decent one with a respectable amount of submissions was Dragdog and that was back when we had a lot more traffic. Might be able to get another good one if we can a good singalong song like Rescue Me again, but most submissions are garbage anyway.

Hmm. Kind of sad but true.

I'll give this a try this weekend when I'm not working. I really hope this gets off the ground this time because it would be a shame if Holla Forums sings dies because not enough people sing. The main problem is that the people that vote don't translate to people that sing.

Perhaps voting should be done so that the votes themselves are done via recordings. It wouldn't be automated that way, but it would ensure that everyone who voted is actually capable of participating, and make it much harder to fake votes.

what are we even singing niggers

The way I see it there are problems that always plague these threads in recent times
Daytona has so many of those stupid doots that it feels almost impossible to get it down, adding multiple audio tracks on top of that is just icing on the frustration cake; I tried recording myself and it was just fucking annoying trying to get those 'doots' down perfectly
This thread is a perfect example of why we need an OP who just flat out picks the song, or at most gives us a choice between 3, or maybe 2 songs. It shouldn't be taking this long to the point where people don't even know what the fuck's happening or what we're singing like

which leads into another problem
This thread hasn't been stickied, hasn't been edited by a mod at all; its like they don't fucking care
There are less people here willing to do a Holla Forums sings than there used to be, but I sincerely doubt that they're "dead", its just a lot harder with these aforementioned problems plaguing these threads.
anyways that's my opinion on the situation

As said previously the song is not that cover friendly.
We need a song with good structure, lots of lyrics, preferably several singers and an instrumental version always helps for the end result.

I agree. In light of that, mind if I nominate something with all of those things that is also directly vidya related? It even has an official instrumental

I can't imagine why the thread isn't going places.

Trülfar bärnoi dunhyohan turya
Moitrashnahya prëhär
Frakastani fruhlaishi girlanpa
Shürnsho roitï munpär
Defh harnuchan unstrafala kwartïr
Defh halkchuli yeshna graha finopoilwi
Twyte minshirl crunshnam qoina märdue nuhoi

Oh Keyren doila preyöl
Bartsu quifcarva wehlapri
Kuwahkmira shuldra malshamuga khunfoi
Färrum galhai orawapra
Kruwaidili föra trufaponoi
Howash flahoi

Trülfar bärnoi dunhyohan turya
Moitrashnahya prëhär
Frakastani fruhlaishi girlanpa
Shürnsho roitï munpär
Defh harnuchan unstrafala kwartïr
Defh halkchuli yeshna graha finopoilwi
Twyte minshirl crunshnam qoina märdue nuhoi

I tried that last time with Daytona and it was a disaster. It might just be because traffic on here is so much lower than it used to be.

The way I see it is that no one wants to sing the song that everyone voted for. Which doesn't make sense in my opinion. I wouldn't say it is entirely my fault why this doesn't work out.

I do agree that voting or just having too many options is a deterrent for people. It allows people who has no taste in music to submit their song and to allow all kinds of unfun or non vidya related songs to clog things and make the fucking event a slogging bureaucracy.
If the song is directly chosen I think there'd be a much better chance of people submitting, and the more people who submit the more likely other people will contribute as well. I imagine a big problem is that people are also too shy to self conscious to sing in front of a bunch of other people, but if everyone is doing it then it dilutes the problem.
As a last resort I suggest a new thread and the OP (who should have a good idea of a fun song to sing) pick the song or offer 2 or 3 choices like the other user mentioned. My suggestion is the Cuphead and/or Mario Odyssey song in this thread be the choices. If we run into the same problem of very few people singing, then we can probably conclude that there just aren't enough people interested anymore.

The last two Holla Forums sings ended similarly.

I'd be down for Last Surprise, Super Mario Odyssey, Simple and Clean, or the Cuphead one.

The hounds turned out pretty good. Protomen songs really lend them well to Holla Forums sings. I would absolutely love to do a Holla Forums sings of the stand someday.

so what's the plan op

Well. I asked if anyone wanted to do cuphead since it was the second option but nobody responded with an answer to my question.

Stop asking then. Just tell people what we're doing and see if it works.

Throwing my vote at the easiest song.

This, embarrassingly enough.
Either that or have the vote thread be in advance and then make an entirely new one for the thread for the song that's been chosen, imo that' the best way to go about it because look at the general disorganization and confusion in this thread

I'm nominating this!

Fine then. We're doing cuphead. That is if enough people are in here to want to do it

There's another thread lad