Why

Why are there no fun threads here?
Do you all hate fun?
I'm sick of the same fucking generals hogging the board for like 2 months at a time, fuck off to /vg/.

Becasue MUH TEMPLATE THREADS.

How retarded are you?

this so much

then make some good threads

There is no more fun to be had, user. Fun is dead. All we can do is suffer until we can't take any more.

Jesus christ user…

Cause /vg/ is dead and everything is superceded by shitty fucking activism and pessimism.

What is this sorcery

Fuck is wrong with you?

user…. I…

Really boggles my balls

kys

you go first.

i shudder when i have to consider what someone that has so little self-control and is driven solely by emotions like you finds to be "fun"

do we even have filename threads anymore?
sometimes lol or webm threads fill that role, but not consistently enough

No user, because that one reddit screenshot means we aren't allowed to.

Theres a place for fedora-wearing anus-clenching autismos like yourself.
>>>/reddit/

Post it.

I don't have it.

i'll have to refer you to

Define "fun". I mean, do mean enjoyable vidya related discussion, or "fun" as in enjoyable off-topic discussion and thread derails? For myself, the sort of games I'd like to discuss aren't of interest to many people and honestly don't warrant their own threads at this point, and making threads for them would most likely just clutter and rot in the catalog compared to threads for current games/systems/industry and off-topic shitposting. Thus I wind up waiting for more broad threads, where value of which to the average average user is prone to be higher than one for an individual dead game/series, to bring up the games I want to discuss more. It can be a long wait though at times.

With the amount of boards here, unless one actively keeps tabs on a given one that's not part of the top ten or twenty, awareness is going to be really low. And with the size difference in userbase here, there's debate as to if board splits are even as warranted as they were back on halfchan. Regardless, people tend to stick to where discussion is and migrate to where its at, so even if any non Holla Forums vidya boards were to get popular for a while, decay eventually sets in and thus everyone winds up back here for video game (or at times "video game") discussion. Even the likes of /vg/ and /vr/ here, which you might think would have "legacy board" status, are inactive. No one really wants to post on a board they don't see traffic at, as no one uses [X board] because no one else uses [X board].

I've seen a handful over the years, but they certainly aren't frequent here. Could be because of the idea that reddit looks for shit to repost, could be a thought that such threads are halfchan tier.

"Fun" means posting like an 8-year-old child, nonstop, until coherent discussion of anything is completely nonexistent. Then the people pushing for it abandon the ruins they created and move on to the next target slated for destruction.
The people autistically screeching for "fun" do not refer to any form of enjoyment, entertainment, or otherwise positive and worthwhile activity. They specifically refer to every thread on a board being spammed to oblivion with off-topic posts and unintelligible gibberish.

>>>/reddit/
This is not the place for you intellectuallet.

christ it better not be that
I get it, cuckchan has been cucked since GG, but christ they use reaction images as well doesn't mean we have to stop because there was goddamn carryover of board culture after the exodus

Regardless of reason, filename threads have dropped off since moving here. Same with threads for various other games/series/topics that used to be frequent on half/v/ (at least up to some years back) but rarely have threads made here, and I don't just mean "board culture" sorts of threads. Ones for various games that anons loved, and were more than happy and willing to discuss and make threads for, even years after release, simply don't happen here (when was the last time you saw a Ghost Trick thread, for instance?), be it that time has finally caught up and the bulk of discussion to be had has been played out by now, or differences in both posterbase size, and composition of interests.

I honestly find myself posting less and less these days, and spend most of my time here just refreshing the catalog to see if some, if not simply any, thread is even of interest enough to open, and even less that I feel I personally have anything worth saying that could actually contribute.

Extreme levels of compression artifacts, for example.

We like quality threads here, you can fuck off back to your cuck board.