Hand of Fate 2 out now

oh shit nigger
The first game was weak in the fighting department, it appears they have done something about it but I can't try it now.

Other urls found in this thread:

megaup.net/5OY/Hand.of.Fate.2.rar
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Magnets you fucking shilling cunt.
Cool.
megaup.net/5OY/Hand.of.Fate.2.rar
Despite its shortcomings I really liked the first one.

Get this ass of a flag off of me.

I didn't mind it so much, the RNG factor in Endless however can be bullshit. Deepest level I reached so far is in the 30's something, that "curse for every ring" fucked me up. I think I have to sell all my rings at level 29 so the dealers curse won't fuck me over.

Way too many good games currently to give it the light of day, but I did like the first well enough and will keep it in mind.
It's best to find a magnet quick though, lest you attract the shillsayers.

I don't know who voiced the dealer but he sounded fucking great. Apparently he's pissed off at you for fucking him up last time so it'll be nice hearing a change of personality.
Is Jeff Van Dyck also composing the music for this one?

The first game was bullshit.After lizard king the game turned into:"Lets see how many traps we can fit into maps before breaking the game completely.

Shame because it was actually really fun up until that point.

Wasn't the first just bamham combat with shitty rng?

Just finished playing for an hour or so. Combat is slightly better but can't really tell. It is however pretty fun so it's worth a play.

The RNG can be shit, the combat is batman clone. But I still found it ok and even fun.

I only bought Hand of Fate because the "poor and fat" comment triggered an SJW on Youtube but I didn't like the combat, how much better is HoF2?

was the first one any good?

No. Unless you think Batman combat is fun.

For some reason I read Hand of Fate 2 as God Hand 2 and almost creamed my pants.

If you hate RNG, then no. If you like batman combat, then yes. If you understand that there is RNG that can make you yell OH FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING NIGGER when it strikes and you're ok with it, then maybe.

just because you have gotten used to the taste of shit in your mouth and don't mind eating a bag of it per day that doesn't make the game any good you know

Yes yes, everyone who doesn't follow your headcanon list of approved games is normalfaggots. Go blow a gasket some more, it's cute when you do that.

The first game certainly had a lot of style, but the combat was so simplistic, if you had a shield you were basically invincible.

You've been shilling this shit here since before the first game was even released.

so… did they actually make the combat good or is this still an example of a cool idea ruined by horrible execution?

I'm going to wait for more user reviews and if it's like the pattern of the first, wait if they have new modes.

Hand of Dykes

The combat system was probably the worst one I've ever encountered but the first game was really fun. The card dealer is a really fun character.
Gonna get this on sale in the future though.

Played the opening map.
So far it seems like a straight upgrade over the first game, which is fine by me. The animations look pretty nice compared to the first game which was a complaint of mine, and it runs surprisingly well for a unity game. In fact I'd dare say it runs better.
Guess I'll spend this month 100%'ing it. One complaint I have is that the intro map seemed to have no music, or at least the volume was very low.

Was checking videos on jewtube and the combat ain't that better than the first which was already worst than the first bamham….sloppy movement with big glowy signal for the counter and dodge fuck that

Forgot the flag

I think the first one's aesthetics are what really held the game together. There's something I loved about beating a cigan at his own game. Arkham combat needs to fucking die though.

RNG is what it is, the game is called hand of FATE after all, what were you expecting?

If combat is the same I'll wait for a deep sale, which is a damn shame.

Or you could pirate it

Played some more after the opening. If you liked the first you'll like this one, if you disliked the first then this won't change your mind.

I kind of like arkham combat but if done like in Batman NG+. Polish with no input rather then the movement for dodge or counter, where you need to learn the enemy mechanic to actually know what button to press press X to win is a meme that needs to die and when to relative for enemy movement

Was looking at some combat and the sword feels sloppy without weight and those bright sign for dodge and parry kills any difficultyunless you can turn it off shield makes you invincible same as the first. They otherwise made the rng of cards better and changed the pick system when mixing cards so you can't follow them anymore this is the video I was looking
I'm on the loo at work

I pirated it. Bullshit rng like the first that can ruin a run. The card gimmick seems to be completely random and I want to say it wasnt in the first but I dunno. They added some bullshit "chance" mechanics like trying to stop at a specific spot in a card wheel or this weird metronome thing where you need to hit a moving specific point with shit moving in the way. this is fine but they have this music playing that goes at a different speed than the metronome thing so it gets really fucking annoying then when you mute music in the menu it doesnt mute the fucking music. Then there is some fucking input delay so you need to press like before but the music is playing and whenever the metronome point goes over the moving object it makes a noise and its really chaotic fucking hell.
Also you cant skip through a lot of shit so you have to wait and wait and wait. If you try to skip dialogue you;ll fuck yourself by choosing an option since skip is tied to the command for making a choice. Also you cant reset whenever you want, you have to be in a specific point to skip which is bullshit.
Combat is mediocre and boring. Companions add some interest. Playing combat safe is boring as fuck but some weapons have long attack animations that can fuck you over.
Also there is this loading screen for combat that also happens when you finish and it takes longer than it should. I quit after getting gold with the 3rd quest which requires you to get 6 blessings which can be tedious. Honestly it was that metronome that triggered me since it was tied to a companion quest finale and if you fuck up too much you'll need to redo it which has 2 fights before one of them being this long tedious boss fight.

Shadow of Mordor and Shadow of War weren't bad games in terms of that kind of combat.

So, I hear you can customize your MC now ?

Get off the toilet and go back to work you little turd.You shit on your own time not the company's time,when you're on the clock your ass is mine

Please tell me they kept the shuffling animation/music. That shit was fucking great.

I actually dislike one thing in the game, they shifted focus of the camera from sitting near dealer, to standing in diagonal position near his desktop.
Its amazing how this little change ruins the immersion.
The game is generally simplified, but they added few new mechanics, like dice rolls for example, and character customization (can be a nigger, or european with blue eyes, or a dyke).
Also combat feels easier because animation is slower, better looking, but prompts of dodging and blocking are easier to press.

Yeah there was nothing wrong with the POV on the first. That POV change is meh, I don't absolutely hate it but I'm not hot on it either.
Sounds alright.
Going to wait for some bugfixes and a bundled sale if they have new modes and dlc on this one.

I see the art designers have been taking a page or two out of Anita Sarkeesian's playbook, great, even less of a reason to fuck with this shit game. Will devs one day learn that you can make a fully-clothed female warrior that doesn't look like she takes bullshark testosterone up the ass? That's not even practical, or average, it's actively disgusting to look at.

Yeah and no. Was easier than Batman…..if you level up your character in SoM you basically couldn't lose and never appreciate the nemesis system that's why there is the video of a jewtuber playing without the monitor and winning he was at max character against low level orcs which make one button press styleand I still think was just memeing being without the screen due to some movement he was doing
Batman at least as soon as you level up you got introduce with a new enemy that could counter that skill

The system in itself is flawed because the one input the player has to do is counter and animations are way too telegraphed and way too slow for it to be a challenge, even without the prompts.
From what I recall in Hand of Fate the difficulty came from not having much area to manuever, combined with traps, unblockables that lingered around the place and the fact that not every enemy had hitstun and the windows weren't as lax as Bamham's, not to mention outside of the combat you had food and gold reserves to worry about and shit. It still is a very flawed system and I think Batman, Shadow of Mordor and Hand of Fate would have benefited much more by having a deeper system. I'd still say Hand of Fate was the most enjoyable out of the three.

I was actually really upset that the only hair options for women were so queer.

I'm really upset you don't just stick with the cool ass hood you start with.

Bald white blue eyed man is the best skin btw.

He even looks like Jax from Elex.

Also

I think the most important change of all to mention to new players is companion system and ability to lead small groups of people into battle on your own side.

I pirated it and the combat is still dogshit.
I wish they'd either copy batman arkham's combat and make it more challenging, or just copy dark souls.
Either is fine.

That is just a balance thing, its easy enough for a dev to increase animation speed if they so desired.
Shadow of War can be challenging against certain orc captains, especially if they are supported by shield/spear or ranged dudes.

Its just a matter of having enough variety in enemy design that you start getting overwhelmed at all the different shit you have to do. In the Arkham games that was usually only very late or in newgame+

You can also change your appearance at any time if you click campfire icon on the right of the map menu.

Damn user, you were right about those female hairstyles. They all are shaved from the sides.

I don't know about shadow of war but Mordor had the worst idea of variety with the orc captains because it was either something you could skip entirely or it just railroaded you into killed the orc captain in a specific way.
Bamham's enemy variety didn't really click with me because all it was was a nuisance than a threat. Oh no the shield dude is lightly pushing me and breaking my combo string, guess I'll just take him out first because everyone else stands still.
It's a flawed system. It sacrafices spacing, timing and challenge for the sake of having purdy animations happen in a single click rather than after dialing a combo ala god of war.

That's why Batman NG+ actually had a challenge. because they got rid of the sign to counter so you had to base your timing on animation movement
SoM didn't had this so was easier
Never player the first hands of fate but this one from the videos is closer to SoM than batman

There are new bullshit rules to defeat bosses as well. Need certain amount of blessings to receive "golden" token for high priestess. Defeating bosses is no longer enough, need to luck the shit out on the map.

In Mordor they had shit like can be instakilled by stealth, can't be damaged in combat.

In War you can't really instakill captains - they might have a weakness to stealth that can take out like 1/3 of their hp, but you always have to fight them more or less proper. (Unless you go hit and run)
There is shit like curses and poison, which can do shit like deactivate the prompts, drain your focus, make your character stumble while climbing.
Captains also learn to adapt to your attacks, so they eventually learn not to let you jump over them, dodge your dagger throws and whatever.
Its actually difficult at times, unlike Mordor which was easy as hell, since the attacks are more varied and come much faster.

There is still bullshit about some captains having certain multiple immunities at once which make them an utter pain to deal with, since then there isn't a way to counter them properly.
The system is perfectly fine, its just about having enough variety and requiring enough speed from the player for it to be challenging.
These kinds of games need a way for you to prepare for your assault, and not just picking a firesword against a fire vulnerable guy, but being able to lay down traps.
(Which you kinda can do in Mordor by setting your mindcontrolled orcs to ambush or to bodyguard you, but also not really.)

Ah fuck I hate that type of bullshit, I know that there is RNG in the game but that crap is just tedious.

dig out Raiders in Avalanche cards and keep the "6 gold for a blessing" card

I'm agreeing with the anons who are saying it's less atmospheric. The shuffling looks less cool despite being better animated and faster, and even the music ends way too quickly and is too in the background for it to stick like the first one did

git gud

I torrented the GOG version yesterday. Went ahead and bought it today. It's way better than the first game, but yea there are some annoying changes.

tl;dr; if you liked the first game, buy it, you poorfag nigger

ftfy

post more pics, can you even make a qt girl?

men too. 5 o' clock bald shadow and a few different styles that are all shaved sides

captains get instakill stats in shadow of war its just more rare. its either ill get swarmed by trash enemies, shielded being the biggest pain that forces me to get distance or ill get swarmed by all the captains at once. in practice beating the game required no grind just a couple re-do's on a defence since in the shadow war portion of the game when you start getting multiple defence missions you only need to succeed at one to progress the mission and since it bring new orcs to attack each time it makes it quick to re-take your fort and have better orcs for a new defence

not at all

i want to call bullshit, but this is a western game after all. mods fixing this crime against the D when?

y'all forget that assassin's creed started the trend, not arkham.

the fighting is barebones, but its pretty comfy game.
and whats up with the spider option thingy?

They are nothing alike and you should stop shitposting

Nah he's right you probably don't remember how bad ass creed 1s combat was. It was one button, and at most 1 person would attack you at a time, regardless of how many there were. Batman improved on it. Shadow of war does it really well I think.

Can confirm, I play the first asscreed for 2 hours before giving up.
I remember thinking that that sort of combat might catch on.
Baham simply made the animations flow into one another and started the "glowy shit on top of enemy, better dodge/parry motherfucker!" trend.

It's not a bad system, per-se, it's just not challenging. It does well when paired with another system that gives it depth.
Shadow of War was terrible because innitially you unlock more abilities that increase the depth of the system, but then those abilities get so overpowered you end up not needing to use them all: pull out your bow and kill a gorillion orcs in 2 seconds, what good are your sword skills then?
Baham did it somewhat better since the complexity and variety of enemies kept increasing throught the game, they just didn't increase all that much and the game never got anywhere really deep.
Hand of Fate is excelent in this regard, since the RNG card fuckery gives context and depth to it. Yeah, swinging your sword around while dodging isn't very hard, but preparing to fight lizards with the "lizard-killah-axe" by specifically game against the system felt great, as did those moments where you CAN'T get hit because some card is gonna fuck you up if you do.

at least in the blood bidding i have fucking 25% do succeed